The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-06-2003, 01:10 AM   #1
Airerūthiel
Wight

Airerūthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Contact address for VM needed

I wasn't sure which section to post this in, but here goes:<P>Does anyone know of a contact address for Viggo Mortensen or his agent? I only ask because I want to use a quote of his from the introduction to the Two Towers Illustrated Guide, and I've been told I need to get his permission to do so.<P>If anyone does know how I could contact him (either by ordinary mail or e-mail, I'm not fussed) please either PM me or post here. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-07-2003, 09:38 AM   #2
ainur
Haunting Spirit

ainur has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i would think you'd also need the publisher's permission in any case. They would also be able to provide you with the appropriate way to contact Viggo's agent. As I understand, since his new-found popularity, Viggo no longer responds to fan-mail, (too much volume) so contacting him by direct means would probably not be possible.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:25 AM   #3
Ringfenwen
Pile O'Bones

Ringfenwen has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I know the agency address that is supplied to send fan mail to if that's any help, though i don't know how practical this will be for proffesional requets. Anyway, here it is:<P>Viggo Mortensen<BR>c/o The Rawlins Company<BR>3933 Patrick Henry Place<BR>Agoura Hills, CA 91301 <P>I don't think he responds to fan mail anymore but i'm pretty certain he reads th letters, so your request should reach him by this route at the very least. It says on the websites i've found this on that it's better to send a postcard than a letter, because at least then it doesn't seem so much for him to read and you are more likely to get a response.<BR>Good luck
Old 08-15-2003, 03:18 AM   #4
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I read on his site that he wasnt accepting any fanmail anymore, becuase he is getting so much and cant reply to it all personally, so that is why he isnt accepting anymore. Ill try and find the statement for you.

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 11:55 AM   #5
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dūm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

<I>*sighs*</I><P>Too bad he's not replying anymore because otherwise I'd be more than tempted to write!