User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2002, 11:32 PM   #41
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rûdhchamion stared at the young elven girl. How could he tell her of the dangers that followed these men? Such men had betrayed his people, only a handful of elves had survived that raid. His mother’s kin had sheltered two men they had thought just weary travelers – it turned out they were scouts for the enemy.

His grey eyes were like stormclouds in turmoil as memories threatened to enter his mind. Not until he avenged his family’s death would he allow himself to mourn. He had left the surviving group and began his hunt after two days after their deaths.

“Trust? That is for you to judge, young Anarya, if trustworthy I may be,” he said. “But it is my hope that my deeds, be enough for now, worthy of your trust.”
Old 04-03-2002, 01:08 PM   #42
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thranduil frowned at the map. The geography was correct, but the lettering uncouth and antiquated. Someone had copied the maps from an ancient original. None of his people would have made such a thing available to men such as Micanar.

The wiley fellow stood before the elven king, his confidence beginning to fade as he realized that Thranduil was learning things from the maps that Micanar himself could not have guessed at.

For Thranduil shrewdly guessed that the source of the maps was no friend of the elves of Mirkwood, and perhaps was allied with an enemy that was old indeed. Finally, he looked at the man and said, "You were on a fool's errand, for you will find no gold in those mountains. Only sleep and death. But I do not believe you."

Now the regal wood elf stood to his full height and bent his gaze upon the prisoner. Micanar knew that he had lost his composure, and in the sudden silence could hear the beating of his heart. He felt trickles of sweat falling from his face and he felt as if he might lose control of his bowels. It seemed to him that the elves might do anything to him and he became most wretched and frightened at the thought.

"Tell me," said Thranduil, and Micanar felt sure that he would, "what you really sought in this place, who you sought it for, and where you expected to take it. Do not lie, for I will know it! Now speak!"

The cavern seemed to whirl around him and the torches flickered ominously about the craven conman. This was not how he had pictured the questioning at all!

He moistened his mouth and prepared to tell the woodland king all the little he knew...
Old 04-03-2002, 02:34 PM   #43
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Anarya sat thinking upon his reply for a few moments. One would not lie about the murder of one's parents, perhaps she could trust him, after all, if he really was like one of those men he probably would have killed her.
She looked up at him with her green eyes. His eyes were honest.

"Very well then Rûdhchamion, Follow me if you wish to find out more of these strangers."

And with that she stood and ran out toward the city. She looked behind to see if he followed...
Old 04-03-2002, 04:51 PM   #44
Mayla Took
Wight

Mayla Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Mayla Took
Boots

The next morning the ground was cool and damp with dew where the Hobbit and Dwarves set camp. The sky was gray and the air smelled like a deep forest before rain. Amid all of the peace of the morning Mayla woke early breathing heavily with cold droplets of sweat running down her forehead and the side of her round cheeks. Her sky blue eyes shone with tears and anxiety. She had experienced another night of horrifying memories of her Mother. She fingered the golden locket that hung around her neck and opened it. Inside were pictures of her Mother and Father. She wiped her forehead with the blue cloth of her sleeve, then closed the locket. It had been years since she had been haunted by the memories, but the dreams seemed to become for frequent over the past weeks. Mayla resolved that the dreams were simply caused by her traveling as far as she was away from her Grandfather, but something deep inside her knew that it was something else. Something else was happening, something of great importance, but what that something was, she did not know.
When she had recovered and collected herself Mayla noticed that Diol, one of the Dwarves she was traveling with, and Pearl were awake also and unloading food for breakfast off of one of the ponies. Diol was a sturdy brown/red haired Dwarf with green eyes and significantly less hair than the other accompanying Dwarves.
“G’morning Dion.” Said Mayla while rolling her thin bedding into a compact ball
“Humph” replied Dion with a frown “Every mornin’ is a good mornin’ for you Hobbits. Yur’ too light-hearted for your own good….can’t you see it looks like rain?” Dion gestured one of his large hands at the sky which was gray and threatening.
Mayla followed his gesture and gazed into the swirling clouds above which seemed to engulf her. “Well,” she said “It looks as if we will be picking up camp earlier than usual if we want to get to Dale before the rain.”
Dion frowned deeper and continued unpacking the food. “Humph” said Dion again “I wouldn’t set my heart on reaching Dale before the rain. But the rain isn’t the only reason we should leave soon.”
Mayla gave Diol a puzzled look “What do you mean?” she said while watching Diol kick the other three Dwarves wake.
“Elves.” Said Diol in a tone that was filled with aggravation “Elves are said to be seen around these here parts. If we are lucky they will have the sense (if Elves have sense) to stay away from us!”
Mayla sighed and shook her head unnoticeably. She was convinced that she would never understand the conflict between the Elves and the Dwarves.
“I would at least enjoy seeing an Elf, even if I did not talk to one.” Mayla said with a tone of hopefulness
“Elves are rarely seen without being heard also!” Dion grumbled in reply.
After the company had finished a short breakfast they packed the ponies and left immediately for Dale.

[ May 05, 2002: Message edited by: Mayla Took ]
Bilbo to Merry and Pippin

"Fool of a Took! This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!"
Gandalf to Pippin in Moria

E-mail me at mailto:ThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.comThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.com</A>
Oh, and please rate me. THANKS!
Old 04-05-2002, 06:16 AM   #45
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion was slightly suprised at her reaction, he was not all too sure that she would have trusted him so quickly. He followed her, matching her pace quite easily. Though sensing no malice on her part, he was somehow wary and kept alert for any surprises.

They had been keeping a steady pace when she signaled him to stop. They concealed themselves near a cluster of trees near the elven path. They sat down to rest a moment.

Anarya’s brows furrowed slighty as she was thinking, staring towards the city. She would not be able to bring him to the prisoners at once. She would need help to do that. Perhaps they could go to the shop first, but how would she explain to Norvannon and her Father?

He was watching her intently, trying to guess her thoughts and plans. He knew entering the city would be risky.

Her eyes widened when she recognized a figure coming into view, though still a bit distant from where they were. He followed her gaze. It was a female elf, older than Anarya.

They both tensed when they saw a small group of elves, come out from the other side of the path. His hand gripped his bow tightly.

“Wait,” she whispered sharply, motioning for him to keep calm.

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 04-05-2002, 11:05 AM   #46
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Leighlei has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Leighlei
Sting

In her cell the girl had ceased to moan, and lay on the floor in a tired heap. She refused to sleep, they could do anything to her here, and she wanted to be ready for them...
Old 04-06-2002, 09:39 AM   #47
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya heard the steady step of Rudhchamion treading behind her as they ran. She began to think over her plan. Anyone with half a brain would think twice before letting a lone elf maid and a dark stranger in to see the prisoners. She would need help.

Anarya stopped at a mesh of interweaving trees, just before the main path, that would serve as hiding place for them to rest in. As she stopped she heard light footsteps in the distance. She peered down the path to see a fimiliar figure walking toward their hiding place.

She could sense Rudhchamion stiffen and grip his bow tighter.

"Wait," She said in a voice just above a whisper, than stepped out into the open.

"Novannon! Thank Elbereth you would be walking through the woods at this moment!" She called in greeting...
Old 04-06-2002, 04:28 PM   #48
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

LúthienTinúviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to LúthienTinúviel Send a message via AIM to LúthienTinúviel
Silmaril

Tinuiel let out a sigh when she heard Thranduil tear down Micanar. "Thank Elbereth," she said in a low voice, but it was not low enough. A guard standing not far away, but with his back to her, heard Tinuiel's words.

"Hey! You there. This is a private questioning. Get out of here!"

Tinuiel bit back a sharp reply and left her listening post. She started to make her way toward her rooms, but she needed to think, and the stone walls of the corridors seemed to bear down on her. She turned right and made her way through a maze of corridors to the outside. She breathed deeply. The smell of Green Wood always helped to clear her mind. She set off on her usual walk, though it was marked by no path. Tinuiel did not need paths to tell her where she was in the great forest. She walked beneath the trees for a long while, thinking over the events that seemed to her to be more grave than any yet let on. She was deep in the woods when the gentle woodland noise was interrupted harshly. Tinuiel froze in her tracks and listened. She could hear a voice in the woods. She crept closer to the sound and peered through the leaves of a great tree. In a little glade she spied an elf. He was sitting with his back to her, muttering under his breath. Tinuiel tried to make out what he was saying, but she heard naught but babble. She thought she picked out the words, "Never!... I won't tell you...Please don't hurt them..." But she couldn't be sure. No matter, she thought. Trespassers are trespassers. With that she sprang out from behind the trees, an arrow already notched to the string. She fast and silently did she move that the elf did not even hear her until she spoke--her arrow only inches from the back of his head. "Stand up, slowly," she commanded. The elf stiffened, but obeyed. "Now turn around." The elf did so, and as he did, Tinuiel gasped. The elf's face was haggard, and full of pain. So great was the anguish on his face that she almost lowered her bow, but pity did not triumph. "Declare yourself," she said. "Who are you and what business do you have in Thranduil's realm?"
from dawn to dusk, from sun to sea.

http://www.thereandbackagain.net
Old 04-06-2002, 08:55 PM   #49
cheeto
Pile O'Bones

cheeto has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Anarya"! Novannon replied,the two elven maidens ran to greet each other,then in a loud whisper she said"everyone has been worried sick about you!you never tell anyone where your going,and the talk I've heard the last few days trying to find you has said you should not be out-"she stopped suddenly and listened,then turned around,keen eyes quickly finding uneven shadows
"do you see him?"she asked,
"he is a friend"Anarya said
Rudhchamion stepped out
"I guess he must be"Novannon teased,"he can't hide from me,he couldn't hide from anyone"

[ April 06, 2002: Message edited by: cheeto ]
Old 04-07-2002, 04:29 AM   #50
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

He relaxed a bit when Anarya came out to greet the other female elf. Hearing her comment, Rûdhchamion was a bit bemused. He was not trying to hide at the moment, nor was he hunting – was she expecting him to creep about?

He was still a bit nervous about being seen, so he stayed near the shade of trees. This was after all Thranduil’s realm, and the young elf maiden was right, strangers were not welcome. In better times perhaps, he would have no doubt been welcomed in Eryn Galen, as Greenwood the Great was called among his people.

He brushed his dark hair back, away from his face. He suddenly sensed the presence of other, or others, coming towards them (he was unsure if it was a group). He tried to control his uneasiness.

He glanced at the two young elf-maidens...
Old 04-07-2002, 05:52 AM   #51
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Nice-Smeagol has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

"I am am Mornovarion, and I come seeking sanctuary" answered the elf, "I thought that the elves of the Greenwood had more manners towards strangers".
He spoke as if with great effort and Tinuiel could tell that he was lying. He didn't seem to be a natural liar and it was easy enough to see that he wasn't telling the truth.
Suddenly, she felt a slight, sharp pressure on her stomach and looked down to see a knife with it's point just penetrating her cloak. Mornovarion stared at her with deep blue eyes. As he spoke again, Tinuiel noticed that he spoke with new confidence, free from having to lie.
"If you loose your arrow I shall stab you ere I fall, so we shall both die. Now, take me to the halls of King Thranduil, or I shall be forced to kill you..."

I'm evil I know, but hey, who's gonna stop me! Bwahahahahahahaha!
Old 04-07-2002, 11:55 AM   #52
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya looked back to where Rudhchamion was hiding. Why wasn't he coming out of hiding?

"It's alright!" She called to him but then she stopped.

Someone was approaching. Someone who was not supposed to be there. She now understood why he wouldn't come out. She quickly turned to Novannon.

"Quick!" She whispered hoarsely, "Hide!"

The two elf maids ducked into a grove of bushes...
Old 04-07-2002, 02:50 PM   #53
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Send a message via ICQ to LúthienTinúviel Send a message via AIM to LúthienTinúviel
Sting

Tinuiel's eyes hardened. She spoke through clenched teeth. "I would not be the one to speak of manners, stranger. And if you truly believe that I am daunted by your knife point, then I pity you, for you are more foolish than you appear. I would sooner shoot you and die myself than bring you before King Thraduil unbound and carrying a weapon." Tinuiel's face was hard as stone and her eyes burned like two bright stars amidst the night of her hair. "Put down your knife, and you will live to kneel before the throne of the King of the Green Wood. If not, then you shall receive judgement from my bow. So choose, and choose wisely. And keep this in mind: My arrow is crafted by Anarya, finest crafter of arrows in all of Middle-earth. We shall see which weapon hits home first. The choice is yours, but choose swiftly, or I shall choose for you."

Old 04-07-2002, 04:59 PM   #54
cheeto
Pile O'Bones

cheeto has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

feet walked by the bushes,stepping inches in front of the two maids faces,they were very careful walking by,even the leaves they brushed barely bent,and the boots they wore had something soft tied to the soles,though they could hear soft crunching everywhere,the crunching sounded like a small army spread out,another pair of feet inched close behind them,then inched past,the rustling was fading when Novannon whispered"I believe those were mortals I've heard rumors about"
"I believe so too,but why so many in Mirkwood?"Anarya replied
Old 04-07-2002, 10:12 PM   #55
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

Micanar tried quickly to sort out the acted fear from the real fear he felt deep inside himself. The great elf king had shaken him, but he fought to compose the "real" Micanar and feign fear, and even indignance. It was several moment before he could trust himself to speak. When he did, he decided the promised rewards were so great that he would try one last time, to fall back to the backup story.

"M-m-my L-Lord," he stammered, the nevousness in his voice now very real, " see now that none can deceive you. I am a servant in the house of the Queen of Dorwinion. So famous and lush are the plants of your realm, O king, she desired me and my companions, rough as they are, to recover some of the foliage of Greenwood the Great for planting and decorating in her palaces and courtyards. She would consider it a great boon, my lord, if you would grant us safe passage to the place marked on the map, where she expects there could be found a particular..."

Micanar trailed off. The eyes of the king, the eyes...they pierced deep into Micanar, until continuing became a weariness, even a pain to his mind. Not only that, but with his well-honed skill in reading people, he could see that Thranduil was not only not buying the story, but a rising anger was filling even this noramlly even-tempered elf. Only the rank and dignity of his position kept that anger in check.

Micanar began again, in a hushed tone of defeat and deference. "My lord king, you are right. I fear my master indeed, but he is far away, and you are here. I will tell you what I know, but I beg your mercy, and your protection from him, if there is any protection to be had."

Thanduil relaxed slightly. "Tell us what you know, faithfully, and we will consider your case."

Micanar sighed deeply. Now that he was free of his oath, his heart seemed to be lighter, as though a burden was lifted from him. "My lord king, the man who hired me to cross your kingdom said that there was a stream whose enchanted waters can cause the most wary to sleep deeply and long at its touch. My master promised much gold if I could obtain a barrel of this water, and return with it to...Dol Guldur, on the southren borders of Greenwood. I have betrayed your kindom, lord. I rest on your wisdom in judgement, and your mercy..."
Old 04-08-2002, 03:24 AM   #56
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion had silently sprang up a tree like a silent feline after a prey as soon as he felt the presence too near for comfort. He paused and looked towards where Anarya and her friend were hiding. Several dark figures walked by. He tried “reading” them for some information on their identity. It proved futile; their minds were dark and alien. Strange, he thought, even mortals would have given him some vague idea of who, or what, they were.

He stayed as still as a stone upon his perch as another figure passed by. Whoever it was wore a dark cloak with a hood that hid its identity. The figure intrigued him. Its presence felt... unlike anything he’d ever encountered. Somewhat familiar, yet strange, twisted –

That’s when he saw another figure come from the opposite side from where they were. The figure was hidden from view where the two young elf maidens were hid, beyond another thrushwood. It was one he had seen several days before. He remembered it was the female elf, Tinuiel that Legolas had spoken to. She was in deep thought and was walking towards where the hooded figure had gone.

He silently crept down and quickly went to where Anarya and Novannon were.

“Who were they?” Novannon asked, “could they perhaps be with the men Prince Legolas had apprehended?”

“These seem quite different from any mortals I have met. Yet-“ Rûdhchamion trailed off, his gazed towards where the last figure had gone.

“How could they have slipped through our patrols?” Anarya wondered, quite troubled.

Rûdhchamion strode to where the last figure had gone. The two looked at each other then followed the dark elf.

He motioned for them to keep silent as they neared their goal. They remained hidden. Anarya heard her name mentioned and recognized the female elf. They were startled with the hooded figure’s appearance.
Old 04-08-2002, 06:31 AM   #57
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Ring

The elf's face became haggard again,
"Do not hurt me, for I was daunted by your bow and I would dearly like to meet this Anyara of whom you speak with such high-regard"
He knelt down to put his knife on the ground, stood up on again and stood expectantly waiting for Tinuiel to tell him what to do.

Old 04-08-2002, 01:44 PM   #58
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

When she saw his face, Anarya could not help but feel a deep sympathy for the stranger.

The stranger was a male elf with a sad drawn face, weathered with many wrinkles that had come from frowning.

Though the sound of her name being uttered from the stranger's lips made her stomach jump and skin crawl. What did the stranger know of her, an elf maid of no consequence.

She looked over at Rudhachamion for any clue to why they stated her name, but the dark elf looked deep in thought.

"Why-" Anarya began to ask Novannon before she could stop herself, but just as that one word escaped from her lips, the elf known as Tinuiel and the stranger turned to the three shadowed figures in the hidden eaves of the trees...
Old 04-08-2002, 09:22 PM   #59
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Inwardly, Tinuiel sighed with relief as the elf put down his blade, but her stony appearance betrayed nothing. "You have chosen wisely," she said, and saying that she bade him stand. Just as the elf stood, Tinuiel heard a noise behind her. She whirled around, but as she did, she made sure to turn the prisoner as well. She stood facing Anarya and Novannon and a dark elf she did not know. The point of her arrow was in the stanger's back. "Mae govannen, Anarya, Novannon. We meet in strange times. I have caught another tresspasser in these woods. It seems that Thranduil's lands are beset from many directions, but we have yet to see if this elf means harm. I think perhaps more harm was done to him than he means toward anyone. But," she turned her voice on the strange elf, "you have threatened me, and I am of Thranduil's realm. That was ill done. You would have had more chance of mercy had you not done that thing. But mercy you still may find, if you are honest and humble." She turned again to the three elves before her. "Anarya, who is this elf with you? I have not seen him before."

Old 04-10-2002, 02:04 AM   #60
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

There was a sudden noise beyond from the trees to their left. They all tensed. Mornovarion looked around wildly.

Suddenly, large bat-like creatures, the size of hounds, came swooping towards them. Tinuiel aimed at one creature, re-notching another arrow even as the first hit its target. Novannon, too had her bow on the ready as Rûdhchamion had released his first arrow, piercing another creature’s neck.

Anarya kept low with her own blade out and ready. With elven speed she barely avoided one creature, as it dived towards her. She was able to throw her knife, wounding it. Novannon finished the creature off with an arrow through its back. Anarya quickly retrieved her blade, getting ready for another attack.

Mornovarion was trying to ward off two other bat-like creatures with his own knife. One was able to scratch him across the face, forcing the elf off balance. As Rûdhchamion was about to give aid, but as he took aim, he too was assailed by another monstrous bat which bit him on the shoulder. He was able to take hold of the bat and pull it off. As the thing fell, an arrow from Novannon made sure it would never fly again.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:27 AM   #61
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Ring

Mornovarion saw in the confusion, a chance to escape. But, as he was about to run off into the forest, Tinuiel saw him and spotted one of the bat creatures hovering above his head. As she loosed her arrow, the creature swooped and one of it's huge teeth penetrated Mornovarion's shoulder. The creature fell as the arrow smacked into its chest. Mornovarion clutched his shoulder, as he fell and many of the bats flew down to feast on his still corpse.

Old 04-10-2002, 02:13 PM   #62
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya saw the bats come down upon the elf stranger as he fell. She ran to where the creatures crowded over his huddled body and viciously slashed at them with her knife.
All who were not wounded terribly came to help her.

Finnaly the creatures were all killed or had run away, leaving the stranger's limp body.
Novannon dropped to her kness and put her head to the stranger's bleeding chest.

"He stills breathes and he has a faint heartbeat," She announced sitting up, her cheek stained red with blood, "But we need to get him help."

Novannon picked up the strangers feet while Tinuiel carried his head. Anarya tried to make herslef usefull by holding the elf's middle up to keep him elevated, but he was too heavy for her.

Looking back at Rudhchamion, she saw that he had somehow gotten himself wounded and was trying to nurse his bleeding shoulder.

"Are you all right?" She asked coming up to him. She felt the cool slide of blood slip down the left side of her face that had abtained a small scratch, "It seems that you look worse off now than what how I was a few hours ago."
Old 04-10-2002, 03:11 PM   #63
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

The elf-girl sat upon her bed, looking at her hands. She stood and went over to the bars, wrapping those same hands around them and gazing out. Her breathing was labored, it was almost as if she was dying. She felt as though her sould had left her body and that her heart would stop beating any minute. She had given up and let a tear slip down her face, then wiped it away before anyone could see.

She needed the freedom, it was her mother and her father, she needed the open and air, it was her comfort. She remembered only little of her real parents, stains of blood on the floor, the gnarled face of an orc, the foul breath, the twisted bodies, the one hand, nails beautiful, laying idle, fingers slightly curved, wreathed in blood. In her dreams she longed to touch the soft skin of that hand, but never could, the face of that horrible monster loomed close to her then-small body, curled into a corner. Although it had not seen her with those empty and hideous eyes, in her soul it was almost as if it's filth had encased her and held her still. And she saw, in her father's still hand, a short spear, beautiful, laying also idle. It must have slipped from his grasp when he fell...the dying fall. The creature turned, satisfied, and was almost gone when she darted out of the shadow, unnoticed, silent, and her little hands took up the weapon, not touching the dead flesh of that shadow-parent, and she scurried, little feet over the floor, silent like a mouse, and thrust the blade foreward. That horrible creature let out a cry that rang throughout her dreams in echo, the thing turned, face twisted, and she was unafraid. With the crude daggar in it's claw it slashed at her face and blood swelled around her eye, it had not cut the eye itself, but above and below, and she had to close it, because the blood dripping in stung. She wailed, and it mixed with the dying cry of that deformed and wrteched creature as it fell to the floor. Then, in the reverberating silence, she pulled the spear from it. Without looking back at the parents that, in her memory, slipped into oblivion and became only the figment of memory and nothing more, left that place.

And that was all she could remember, because it only came to her in nightmares.

[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: Leighlei ]
Old 04-10-2002, 05:41 PM   #64
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

As Tinuiel's last arrow found it's mark in the last of the dreadful creatures, she rushed to the fallen Mornovarion's side. Lifting his head, she helped Novannon to carry him a little ways into the woods. "I need some athelas," she muttered as she bent over Mornovarion's body.

"Here," said Anarya, handing some to Tinuiel. "I always carry some--just in case."

"Thank you," Tinuiel said as she took the plant and began to chew it. She stuffed the hastily prepared plant into his wounds. "We must get him back to Thranduil's hall. Prisoner or no, he needs our healing."

Anarya, Novannon and Rûdhchamion nodded. "Who will help me carry him?" asked Tinuiel.

Old 04-12-2002, 09:53 PM   #65
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Fair Amaryllis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fair Amaryllis
Tolkien

Back in the palace....

Amaryllis had been down to contemplate the so-called "wild" elf girl several times. She had never seen the guard again, though.

She knew many people in the kingdom and had even met the king himself when he had named her the prettiest elf of non royalty in the kingdom. He seemed very caring yet stern. Very much like her father was. She didn't really see her parents that often even if they did live as close as down the next street over.

She had recently had the urge to pull out her walking staff and "go exploring" in the woods as she used to tell her mother she was doing. When she had found her staff (It was in the closet among her many things she rarely used but couldn't stand to get rid of)it seemed to have a certain musty smell about it.

"Ah, I suppose I will have to get it cleaned up and polished before I can use it," she sighed because she really hated to have to put off her walk in the woods.

Meanwhile, her thoughts strayed to her acquaintance Anarya. She ahd not seen her in several days. Amaryllis wondered where she could be. Oh well, if she went off on her own somewhee, maybe she needed to be alone to think for a while in peace and get her mind off all those strange people and creatures lurking around lately.

Little did Amaryllis know, Anarya was very far away from being alone and her mind was certainly no off the subject of the people and creatures.

Amaryllis put on her light cape to shield her eyes from the sun that almost always was bright enough to make her squint. Seeing as she didn't want to develop wrinkles anytime soon, she figured she could do without squinting and wear a hood or something that covered her face. She picked up her staff and set out for the wood workshop.

After she had dropped off her staff at the workshop, she headed to the clothier's. Perhaps she would just look to see if there was something that her mother might like since her birthday was coming up soon.
Old 04-13-2002, 01:22 AM   #66
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion looked silently at Tinuiel, than at the still body of the elf. He knew not what, but something within him bade him to aid these elves he knew nothing of. He fixed his bow over his shoulder and went over to where the elf lay. He hesitated a moment, then lifted up the fallen elf as one would a sleeping child. There was only a slight discomfort on his shoulder where he had been bitten, the bleeding had already begun to stop. “That I can do easily, Lady, if you would lead the way”, he than added with dry humor, ”Though, I hope the way is not too far off”.

He looked at Anarya and with a lopsided smile said, “I will mend faster, than he. And I feel better than I look.”

He then turned to Tinuiel who was staring at him thoughtfully. He met her gaze, unwavering.
Old 04-13-2002, 10:26 AM   #67
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

"We must make haste," Novannon said breaking the silence.

The company warily edged their way through the darkening forest, brimming with undisclosed shadows. The path at that part of the wood was rougher than any other in Mirkwood.

Anarya took up the tail of the group, her elven dagger brandished, right behind Novannon who fingered her bow nervously. In front of her, Ruchachamion carried the elf stranger and Tinuiel walked at the head, an arrow drawn across her bow.

"It is not far," announced Tinuiel.

Anarya now reconized the secion of the wood they now walked in.Though night had creeped up upon them and the stars now glittered silver gray against the black sky, the shapes of the trees looked fimiliar.

Finally they came to the gates of the city of Thranduil. Their dark forms rose up before the group.

"Open in the name of Elbereth Gilthoniel and the King Thranduil! We are friend to thee!"
Called Anarya, when she finally got up the courage in front of the large gates to annouce the group's presence.

There was some stirring at the top of the gates than slowly the immense giant doors opened, merry firelight spilling out over the group and the ground about them.

"Enter Friend!" Called a voice from the top of the gate...

[ April 13, 2002: Message edited by: Anarya SilverBranch ]
Old 04-13-2002, 02:49 PM   #68
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Tinuiel halted just inside the gates. She turned to the others. "Anarya, Novannon, take Mornovarion to the healers. He cannot face Thranduil in his condition, but," here she placed a hand on each of their shoulders, "please make sure he is brought before the King. And," she added, "see to it that he is not harmed in any way, if you can. He is a tresspasser, but I sense a great pain in him. Do not tell anyone that he drew a weapon against me." The two elf maidens began to protest, but Tinuiel held up a hand. "It is death to draw a weapon against any of Thranduil's realm. I do not wish for this elf's death. Let Thranduil decide in his wisdom what to do with him." Anarya and Novannon smiled at Tinuiel. Tinuiel motioned to Rûdhchamion to hand Mornovarion over to the guards who were now approaching. Anarya laid a hand on Tinuiel's shoulder, "We will do what you ask," she said. "And we will return soon." Tinuiel smiled softly as she watched the elves dissappear around the corner. "You are both wise and kind, Lady." It was Rûdhchamion who had spoken. Tinuiel turned around and for a second time their eyes met. Neither wavered. "We shall see," Tinuiel said at length. But now I wish to know more of you. Let us speak outside. It will not be well if any of my people see you too clearly here. It is obvious you are not one of us, but neither do I think you threatening. Step outside with me and tell me your business in the Green Wood, dark elf."

Old 04-14-2002, 04:26 AM   #69
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion was silent as he followed her. He was unsure to what this all would lead to. It had been quite awhile since he had been among the elvenkind, though he was a kin. His own people were wanderers, often called “dark elves”, for they shunned any form of community that dwelt within walls. The two elves stopped near a fallen tree near a group of bushes, still within sight of the gates. He absently began to rub his shoulder where he had been bitten. He gazed at the stars in the dark sky. A slight breeze rustled the leaves softly above them.

“I am called Rûdhchamion.” He began in a clear soft voice, ” and you I know, even before young Anarya greeted you, Tinuiel. I was there when the one called Legolas captured a group of men. You were there too, hidden in the shadows of the trees.”

Tinuiel listened silently, closely watching him. She sensed no deception in his words. “What is your interest with the captives?”

He paused and turned to face her. Could he afford to trust her, he wondered. She could have had him easily apprehended by the guards.

“I was tracking them in hope that they would lead me to the ones whom I seek.” He sighed, suddenly feeling the weariness within him. “I have already told Anarya, now I feel I should tell you as well, though I know not what the consequence of this may be. But I beseech that you would weigh my tale, and seek the truth in my words before you decide whether I be foe or friend.
I seek the ones who slaughtered my people, those that murdered my kin. It has been many summers since I began my hunt, and many foul orcs and their allies have paid with their blood. Still, the ones I seek were not among them. These men are not responsible first hand, but they are possibly allies to those who are.”

He sat on the trunk of the fallen tree and looked around. Taking in with his keen elvish sight the scene before him. “This is the first time I have wandered deep into Eryn Galen,” he used the old elvish name of Greenwood the Great. “My people have lived wandering along the Vale of Anduin, sometimes passing near Loeg Ningloron, the Gladden Fields.”

He looked at Tinuiel and fell silent.
Old 04-14-2002, 10:58 AM   #70
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya and Novannon followed the guard through the streets. Anarya could see the elf stranger's limp form in the guard's arms. She felt a deep curiosity toward the stranger ever since she had heard him utter her name. What Tinuiel had said about the stranger only heightened her interest. What would a stranger such as this have against an elf of Mirkwood?

Finally they came to the House of Healing at the edge of a long street. An elf with silver hair answered the door. His eyes went directly to the elf in the guard's arms.

"Oh my, come in come in," He said opening the door wider.

The guard walked in first and set the body of the stranger upon the nearest bed, than made a quick exit.

"What happened to him?" The healer asked, kneeling beside the bed.

"He was attacked in the forest by some foul creature," Answered Novannon.

The healer looked critically at the stranger, "He looks like none I've seen before in Mirkwood," He said looking at the two elf girls.

Anarya and Novannon said nothing. The healer shrugged and looked at the stranger's shoulder carefully, than at the rest of the wounds.

"I believe he shall pull through. I've seen worse. I think I have a special poultice that shall do just the thing for him." Announced the healer going off.

Anarya let out a sigh of relief.

"I'll go find Tinuiel and tell her of our guest's condition," Said Novannon to Anarya, low enough just so only she could hear.

"I'll stay here and help the healer," Answered Anarya to her friend, then Novannon was off.

Anarya walked up to the bed and looked at the stranger wondering what he had been through. To her surprise the elf began to stir, and slowly opened his eyes. They widened in realization of what had happened.

"What? Where am I and who are you?" The elf asked.

Anarya smiled softly, "You are in the House of Healing in the City of Thranduil. My name is Anarya,"
Old 04-14-2002, 02:11 PM   #71
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Tinuiel watched Rûdhchamion silently for a long while. He felt as if with her gaze, she was probing the deepest secrets of his soul, but he did not flinch. After a time Tinuiel sighed deeply and looked up into the boughs of the great trees above them, then she looked back into Rûdhchamion's face.

"You called me wise once. Let us hope I shall prove myself worthy of those words now." She took a deep breath. "I perceive no deceit on your tongue, yet you are indeed a tresspasser in this land, and for that you must appear before Thranduil." Tinuiel paused, half expecting the elf to protest, but he did not. He bent his head slightly in assent and waited. Tinuiel continued. "But--you helped me and my people in the forest. I shall lead you to Thranduil's thrown and speak on your behalf."

Rûdhchamion stared at Tinuiel. "You would do this thing for me?"

Tinuiel smiled sadly. "I do not lie, Rûdhchamion. And because you have trusted me with both your past and your present, I shall return that trust by telling you something of mine." Tinuiel clenched her fist and looked Rûdhchamion straight in the face. "A long time ago, a party of scouts went to investigate the new evil that was growing in the far corners of our fair wood. Only one returned. My mother." Tinuiel paused, took a deep breath and continued. "She was--changed. I could barely recognize her. The Necromancer had tortured her and then set her free to carry a message. We discovered that the rest of the party was dead. He commanded us to keep silent, or what happened to my mother would happen to us all." Tinuiel swallowed. "My mother died in my arms. The last words that came from her mouth were those of that monster." Tinuiel fell silent. Rûdhchamion expected to see tears in her eyes, but instead he saw a smoldering rage and behind that--a sorrow as deep as his own. He bowed his head.

"Thank you, Lady. You have indeed repaid my trust, and proven yourself wise yet again. Lead me before your King. I am ready."

Tinuiel nodded, and the both of them walked toward the palace and Thranduil.

Old 04-15-2002, 12:47 PM   #72
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Ring

Mornovarion looked around him at the House of Healing
"I drew blade against your kindred, and still you cure me... why?" he asked Anyara You could have left me to die in the forest...." He looked down at his wounds, "Will I live?" he asked/

Old 04-15-2002, 01:32 PM   #73
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Sighing softly, the elf-girl perked her ears at the sounds of a new commotion... She had no window to look out of, but she had her hearing, new people were entering the city. After a while the sounds faded and she was left alone again. Torches burned outside of her loathsome cell, there was the sound of chatting guards. Going over to the bars she looked out at them.
"Hey! When am I going to receive judgement, you pig-faced lazy sacks of bones, eh? Hey!" She waved at them wildly, hoping for a fight. Maybe a small tussle was just what she needed to escape...

[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: Leighlei ]
Old 04-15-2002, 05:01 PM   #74
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

"Yes, you will live," Anarya said frowning, "And there is no use in asking questions to why we didn't leave you to die. The least you could do is say thank you.

Just then the Healer hustled up to the bed carrying a bowl full of warm water with a few rags in it.

"Oh," He said smiling, setting the bowl down on a bed side table, "So I see our patient has awoken, I shall go fetch the poultice for I wanted to administer it while you were awake. We couldn't have you throwing the thing off in your sleep," He ran off to a table at the end of the room that held what looked like herbs and spices for different medicines.

Anarya leaned forward, picking up the rag in the water and put it across the stranger's forehead that was red with dried blood.

"Now, I wish to know who's company I am in before another word is uttered," Anarya said sitting back in her chair...
Old 04-16-2002, 04:33 AM   #75
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion followed Tinuiel as she entered the gates. He was a little surprised at Tinuiel’s decision in trusting him, he had always thought the elves of Thranduil’s realm were suspicious of outsiders. But he felt he must continue what had begun. He knew not what fate would deal him when he faced Thranduil.

King Thranduil’s reputation as a stern ruler was known among his people. That was why they avoided hunting deep inside the forest of Greenwood. It also made him anxious in meeting him face to face, though he knew not the reason.

He could feel the curious glance of the other elves as they made their way through. They passed several abodes before they neared the halls. Rûdhchamion felt out of place. He was never one at ease within the confines of walls. Tinuiel must have sensed his uneasiness and flashed him a reassuring look.

Rûdhchamion wondered where Anarya and Novannon were. He too, wondered about the elf, Mornovarion.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:22 AM   #76
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Ring

"I am Mornovarion, I came from a small village near the South of Mirkwood,"
He looked at Anarya closely as if to ascertain something.
"You seem trustworthy. What I am about to tell you must not be told to anyone else. I think I will feel better to get it off my chest. When I was young, my village was attacked by servants of the Enemy. Most of us were captured, as I was. I spent most f my life in the Black Tower they took me to. We were promised that if we did a fell deed for the Dark Lord, we would all be set free.
I was the first to crack. I was told that if I would kill King Thranduil, all my family would be set free. I tried to decline but I found that I couldn't. So I was set free with only a knife, now whenever I try to stop, I can't. I fear The Enemy has put some foul enchantment on me. That is why I am here."

Old 04-17-2002, 08:51 AM   #77
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

The girl howled again, loudly enough to make their ears begin to feel as if they were bleeding, trying to rouse the guards. But they would have none of it. They went to her and jabbed her with their speaRs, uttering stern commands to quiet. She let out another perircing cry and grabbed one around the throat, locking her arm around it and pulling back into the bars, so the crook of her elbow held his neck in a tight vise. He grunted and the other called for help.
"You be quiet." She said, and shoved the guard she had trapped at him, sending both tumbling into the floor. Someone in the palace heard this, because she could hear approaching footfalls coming near. She snarled again, this time climbing up the bars and weaving her fingers through the spaces, yanking them with all her might. They still would not budge. Quickly gaining a sense of her freedom slipping from her grasp she leapt down to the floor and desperately tried to find a weapon, all she found was bread, she stood ready to hurl it though, as if it might hurt someone. Then there was a figure in front of her cell.
"What is going on here?!"

[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: Leighlei ]
Old 04-17-2002, 09:05 AM   #78
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya sat stunned, her mouth open in shock at what Mornovarion had just told her. Not knowing whether to slap the stranger, or comfort him for his sad and terrible past.

"Well, that is quite a story Mornovarion," Anarya said after a moment of collecting herself, "But why did you tell me all that? For all you know, I could be the biggest gossip this side of the Misty Mountains. Anyway, your free now, why do you need to kill the King for your freedom if you are already out of the Black Tower's reach?"
Old 04-17-2002, 01:20 PM   #79
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Ring

"Because, my family are still held prisoner in that evil place and short short of storming it's gates, this is the only I can think of to free them." Mornovarion answered. He shuddered as he remembered the foul tortures he had endured.

Old 04-18-2002, 07:53 AM   #80
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

As Rûdhchamion and Tinuiel neared the halls of Thranduil, they heard a commotion. He then saw several elven guards run towards another hallway where the trouble was coming from. That’s when a howling such as one he’d never heard before reverberate through the halls.

Tinuiel stopped and looked towards where the disturbance was coming from. Rûdhchamion likewise halted, curiousity plainly etched on his face. He raised a brow questioningly at Tinuiel.

An elf was heading towards them.

[ April 18, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]