Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2006, 08:35 AM   #12
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
That being the case... are there any "Bleh Havens" on the Sea of Nurnen? Or anything similarly silly and Elvish parody-ish? Caer Paradox works... I 'spose.
Just for convenience, let me put the established geography from ATM I here...

Post about money in Mordor and maps of Lûndûn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP, Lûndûn and Mount Doom
Lûndûn is situated along the westernmost concavity of the north shore of the Sea of Nurnen. Following a route that is roughly north-westerly, to Mount Doom, the trip is 225 miles, give or take, as the Mordorian Crow flies. Close enough for our purposes. If you want to hold up a measuring stick to your computer monitor, every 15 millimeters = 50* miles on this map.

(Map may be found at this post.)
...So Caer Pairadocks in Lûndûn is about 225 miles from the point where Mount Zoom started its journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP, about Mount Doom and Lost Angles
The great cataclysm of the destruction of the Ring caused the Sea of Nurn to expand westwards, then northwards, such that it now extends between the western mountain range (no books with me so I can't bring up all the names) of Mordor, and the arm that extends northeast before halting, separating "Nurnia" from the desolation of Mount Doom. The Sea of Nurn widens and extends northeastward, coming within 25 miles of Mount Doom on the western side. Between the Sea and Mount Doom lies the new city of Lost Angles, wherein lies Trollywood, the centre of the film industry of Mordor, such as it is. You guys drove in on the east side, even if you thought otherwise. At this northern extremity, the Sea is called the Pathetic Ocean, since it's way too small to be a real ocean, so it got to be said about it, "how pathetic", and the name stuck. So what if it's circular logic? I'm the moderator. nya.
Any chance that Mount Zoom ran past Lost Angles to a haven on the Pathetic Ocean? Panakeia's author has been trying to get her to Lost Angles, but has been puzzled over an reasonable excuse to send her there. I'll get her there somehow if that's not where youse guys would like to send the rolling mountain, so never mind your local cameo-er if that doesn't work for you.