The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2008, 01:50 PM   #2761
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
T for me, please.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:07 PM   #2762
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Are there any O's?
Old 10-30-2008, 07:27 PM   #2763
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"n"s?
Old 10-30-2008, 11:55 PM   #2764
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
a *ton* of them!

T O N

-t/ ---/ -/ -oo-/ ----/, -n-/ -t/ ---/ -n-o---/ -n-/ -------/.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #2765
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

How about R?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:36 AM   #2766
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
torn

-t/ ---/ -/ -oo-/ ----/, -n-/ -t/ ---/ -n-o---/ -n-/ -r-----/.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 11-03-2008, 07:42 AM   #2767
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"a"s, please.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #2768
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

notar

-t/ -a-/ a/ -oo-/ -a--/, an-/ -t/ -a-/ -n-o---/ an-/ -ra----/.

Plenty of A s - good choice!
Old 11-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #2769
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Have you been baking recently, Esty?

"It was a good cake, and it was enjoyed and praised." said Alf to Nokes.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:07 AM   #2770
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Actually, I have! And fortunately, my cakes were enjoyed and praised as well.

You have the right quote and speaker, obviously - go ahead with a new one.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #2771
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

OK, here's a new one, that may be applicable in busy times:

"--/ ----/ ---/ ---/ ---! ----/ ---/ ---------/ --/ ---?"
Old 11-13-2008, 06:49 AM   #2772
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R there any Rs?
Old 11-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #2773
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"u"s?
Old 11-14-2008, 02:00 AM   #2774
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

RU (good choices!)

"--/ r---/ --r/ --u/ ---! --r-/ --u/ r--------/ --/ ---?"
Old 11-14-2008, 05:04 AM   #2775
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

W please.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:28 AM   #2776
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

RUW

"--/ r---/ --r/ --u/ ---! W-r-/ --u/ r--------/ --/ ---?"
Old 11-15-2008, 09:26 AM   #2777
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"e"s, please.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:17 PM   #2778
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and S too, please.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:32 AM   #2779
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

ERSUW

"--/ res-/ --r/ --u/ -e-! Were/ --u/ re-------/ --/ -e-?"
Old 11-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #2780
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Hmmm, I suppose a lengthy search would locate the words that are already obvious, but I'd rather get a few more hints to make hunting easier.

Y, please.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:09 PM   #2781
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

ERSUWY

"--/ res-/ --r/ y-u/ ye-! Were/ y-u/ re-------/ --/ -e-?"
Old 11-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #2782
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"F"s?
Old 11-19-2008, 01:21 PM   #2783
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

EFRSUWY

"--/ res-/ f-r/ y-u/ ye-! Were/ y-u/ re-------/ --/ -e-?"
Old 12-02-2008, 07:52 AM   #2784
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I have the answer, though not of my own finding; the phantom gave it to me as a present, since he has no time to participate here at the moment. So thank you, phantom; I hope you will show up sometime in the future to join us!

The speaker is Tídwald in The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth:
Quote:
No rest for you yet! Were you reckoning on bed?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:13 PM   #2785
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

Correct, of course!
Yes, it would be nice if the phantom would join this game, we could certainly do with more participants!
Old 12-04-2008, 04:28 AM   #2786
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here's a new quote to add to an already busy time of year:
Quote:
---- / -----. ---- / ----. ---'- / ---- / ---- / --------. ---- / ---- / ----- / --------- / --- / ---- /--.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #2787
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"d"s?
Old 12-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #2788
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'll take R
Old 12-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #2789
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

D R

--r- / --rr-. ---- / ----. ---'- / ---d / ---- / --------. ---- / ---- / ----r / --r------ / --d / ---- /--.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #2790
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"Y"s?
Old 12-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #2791
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

D R Y

--ry / --rry. ---- / ---y. ---'- / ---d / ---- / --------. ---- / ---- / ----r / --r------ / --d / ---- /--.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:28 AM   #2792
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

How about S ?
Old 12-05-2008, 06:03 AM   #2793
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

D R Y S

--ry / s-rry. ---- / ---y. ---'- / ---d / ---- / --------. ---- / ---- / ----r / --r-s---s / --d / --s- /--.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #2794
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"a"s, please.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:44 PM   #2795
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

D R Y S A

--ry / s-rry. ---- / ---y. -a-'- / ---d / --a- / a---a---. ---- / ---- / a---r / --r-s--as / a-d / --s- /--.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #2796
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
E (=mc˛)
Old 12-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #2797
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"m"s?
Old 12-06-2008, 11:27 AM   #2798
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

T time
Old 12-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #2799
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ E M T

-ery / s-rry. -ee- / ---y. -a-'t / ---d / t-at / a---a-et. ---- / ---- / a-ter / --r-stmas / a-d / --st /-t.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:00 PM   #2800
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Since it's the holiday season, "C"s, please.