Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2006, 08:42 AM   #681
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
Yes, this little diversion was something Pio and I cooked up along with Tevildo. We were going to bring Kwell in as well but he hightailed it out of the grove before we could get to him!
Oh, golly, I am sorry. I said before, and I'll say it again, I really do hope his absence doesn't get too many people hurt or killed. It was a super dumb thing for him to do, but I needed to move him on account of something Hilde wanted to do. You'll see soon. P'raps once that's done, he'll be told to go back and if he does, maybe (just maybe) he'll be able to get back in time to fight a little bit.

Now, in the save that I filled, I was thinking that the group of horsmen that just about ran over Kwell was Imak and the men that had followed him. That means there is another group of horses running around looking for the women and children. The group of footmen who were on the slave's side is Carl with his archers. That make sense? I hope so.

We're about to leave to go from one Grandma's to the next. I do not know if, when, or where I'll next get access to the computer, so go on without me. It may be a couple days. Hope not. If it is, carry on! Use my characters as needed and I"ll catch up later.

-- Folwren
Old 11-26-2006, 09:36 AM   #682
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Folwren,

Don't feel bad. Kwell's young and inexperienced so it's not surprising he would have done something impulsive like this.

I think it can work for Kwell either way. I am imagining one or two casualties among the women and children but not a large number. Whether those few casualties could have been prevented by Kwell staying where Lindir put him is impossible for anyone to say. And of course whatever Kwell is doing with Carl may prove very helpful. Feel free to keep Kwell on the eastern edge of camp or have him go back, whatever you prefer.

Lindir understands Kwell is facing a lot of hard decisions and challenges. He'll probably speak with him when this whole battle is over and quietly emphasize that next time Kwel let Aiwendil or Lindir know that he's going to be doing something different.

Will that work for you?

Quote:
That means there is another group of horses running around looking for the women and children.
Yes, I haven't read your post yet, but that was what I was suggesting to Durelin. If we follow that idea, this would simply mean slicing that particular group of ten slavers into two---four will be fighting closer to the women and children, and the other six are where Kwell is.

Have a great visit with your relatives. We'll make sure your characters get dragged along, but I am thinking things will go forward steadily but slowly so you won't miss too much. You can always do a post when you return and Pio or I will slip it into someone else"s "box" earlier in the thread.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #683
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
That would certainly work fine, Child. And, of course, the other way you could work it, if you want more than two slavers to deal with, is just to have some of the slavers coming in from the south break through to them and cut the group Khamir sent off before they find any of the slavers heading toward the women and children.

Or, I could come up with something completely different to keep them...I mean, there's enough going on, I think. So it's whatever you prefer.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:34 AM   #684
Child of the 7th Age

OK....let's talk hard numbers.

You dispatch two from the original band of five and then have several more hit you coming up from the south. We'll have the remaining three slavers from that same group of five eventually hit the women and children.

That should keep us both busy.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:51 AM   #685
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sounds good. Sorry, I'm hardly a decisive person.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:41 PM   #686
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
sigh . . . only 3?

Rōg is prepared to take out all three if needed

~*~ Pio
Old 11-26-2006, 01:44 PM   #687
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Just to mention it... The slavers who are coming towards us from behind (5+5 / 6+4, whatever) are still going to catch as many of us as slaves to be sold - so they are not intending to kill but to capture. It will be only after / if they feel they are actually threatened that they will go for killing - and / or saving themselves alive by running away, which they could easily do if they sensed any real danger.

That is something we can play upon, giving us an advantage of a sorts. But if it comes to an open battle (them feeling they have to fight), they are professionals and will not be defeated even some of us made mighty deeds indeed. The children, women and the elderly have no chance in a fight - even strengthened by our fellowship members - if it comes to it...

Well, that's at least how I see it. I mean we (the ex-slaves & the FS) are the underdogs here anyhow?

So where is our "cavalry"? Where are the 5 slavers left and shouldn't Imak be there? (ten were following Athwen and are now having a rough time as our trap surprised them and another ten is coming from behind)

... just trying to figure things out to myself as to raise the discussion of this...
Old 11-26-2006, 01:57 PM   #688
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'll try to come up with a post today (in 2-3 hours) with Hadith fighting the slaver who had imprisoned Athwen and I thought of using both Dorran and Athwen a little bit. If it's okay with you Tevildo and Folwren, then Okay, if not, let me know... post coming up.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:03 PM   #689
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nogrod, do whatever with Athwen and if for some reason I should happen to not like it, I'll just ask you to change it. No big problem.

Child, whatever you decide to have Lindir or anyone else say to Kwell will be perfectly alright. Quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised or upset if he got a ... well, even a severe reprimand woudln't be too bad, considering what he did.

I think that's all I needed to respond to? If not...you can wait until later.

-- Folwren
Old 11-26-2006, 05:02 PM   #690
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Nogrod, do whatever with Athwen and if for some reason I should happen to not like it, I'll just ask you to change it. No big problem.
I though it through and rest assured, nothing sensational is going to happen... And Tevildo, I will not use Dorran but to make him appear... Take it on from that onwards... Happily I came away with a post that doesn't involve too much either of you. (That's coming in soon...)
Old 11-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #691
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dūm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Nogrod,

I've put up a save. After you post, I'll have Dorran help in some way depending on how you end up with your own post. I'll wait to see what direction you've gone. This posting on a holiday weekend is a bit of a scramble!
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:43 PM   #692
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Goodness. It seems much as happened since my few day absence. I'm still trying to get caught up here...I might put up a save soon, but due to my load of schoolwork, I'm not sure when I'll be actually able to write anything.

Quote:
So where is our "cavalry"?
Good question. I'm still trying to figure out where all the slavers are. It seems about half are in battle and the other half are still heading towards the women and children...am I right? Shae is quite ready to fight...perhaps I should send her to where Kwell is battling some of the slavers. I don't know...I'll send her to where ever anyone thinks is best at this point.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:56 PM   #693
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevildo
I'll wait to see what direction you've gone. This posting on a holiday weekend is a bit of a scramble!
Hopefully you can clear that situation as Hadith is going to pass out quite soon... He has been young and brave.. but as it so often happens, foolish and unexperienced. These are the prices ones have to pay to grow up?

But please Tevildo, handle your enemy as a real experienced fighter. He's a bad one... (as most of the slavers should be) So not an easy prey...

And hopefully Folwren agrees with my interpretation of Athwen getting actively into the fight as soon as she was able?!
Old 11-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #694
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm, hm, hm. I'll think about what Athwen did and then sometime maybe tonight maybe tomorrow morning get back with you.

Apparently, I have some access to a computer. I don't know if it's enough to post. If I do have time and ability, I will try to decide if I'm alright with Athwen jumping in like that and then maybe write a post.

What if, though, I asked you to take out that end part with Athwen adn then I could write a post about what she does to at least buy Hadith a little more time...perhaps until Dorran get's there?

-- Folwren
Old 11-26-2006, 10:07 PM   #695
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nogrod, here is the last paragraph of your post in the game.

Quote:
Hadith turned his head to see what happened. The slaver was about to give him the finishing hit when he suddenly was drawn away. There were the hands of a woman around his throat from behind. Athwen had jumped to her back! And just from the corner of his eye he could see Dorran to rush in with a yell.
Could you some how change it so that it will go along with what I have copied here and then copy and paste this bit into your post? I'd appreciate it.

-- Folwren

---------------------------------------------------------

POSTED TO GAME BY NOGGIE

Folwren's Post

Athwen knew at once that the advantage in this fight would be completely on the slaver's side. He was man, fully built and probably fully trained in fighting. Hadith would go down quickly with no hope of ever getting back up again. She had not a moment to loose in figuring out something to help him with, at least until Dorran reached them. But how? How was she supposed to stop a man twice her size from killing another? She looked around her, hoping to find something that she might use as a weapon.

Her eyes lit upon the slaver's horse. A plan instantly leaped into her mind. She ran forward to him and grasped his rein as he shied away from her. She spoke calming words to him, whispering reassuringly in his ear as she gathered his reins above his neck. As soon as he stood tolerably still she thrust her foot into the stirrup and launched herself upward into the saddle. Once there, her feet could not reach the stirrups, but that did not worry her. She clenched her knees tight against the hard leather of the saddle, turned his head about with one rein and urged him on with her heels in his side.

As the horse made the turn, Athwen could see the two combatants. Hadith was stumbling, his sword arm was far out in attempt to regain the balance he had lost. The slaver stepped forward and his arm swung upwards. Athwen bit back a cry and drove her heels into the horse just as the man's curved blade came slicing down.

The rushing, pounding hooves of the horse seemed to drive the emotion from Athwen's mind. She saw Hadith fall. She watched as he first collapsed to his knees and then fell onto his face in the ground before his enemy. Though the thought that he had been killed before her very eyes flashed through her mind, Athwen did not think to be sorry for him, she did not think of anything, except bearing down on this slaver.

The man looked up, hearing her approach. An expression of surprise filled his face and he stumbled back out of the horse's path. Athwen passed him, but her hand was already on the tight rein and in a moment, she and her horse were turned about again and charged once more upon the slaver.

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-27-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:10 AM   #696
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Folwren: I've changed the ending of my post & placed yours after it.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:19 AM   #697
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dūm

Nogrod, Folwren,

Could you check my post? I am playing fast and loose with both your characters. Please tell me what to change. I did think we desperately needed Athwen's skill as a doctor..... Will this work?
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:40 AM   #698
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Nogrod, Folwren,

Could you check my post? I am playing fast and loose with both your characters. Please tell me what to change.
Looks good, Tevildo.

But I would like Hadith to be not totally unconscious. Something like semi-conscious (or whatever is the suitable term here). I would like to write a semi-conscious Hadith post...

It will be interesting to see what happens when Athwen gets Hadith to the place they think is the safest but where the next action indeed is going to take place (among the women and the children)...

They should also pick up the easterling's weapons, at least the sword should be a good one. There surely would be someone who could find use for it as the general level of our escapees' weaponry seems pretty bad. Although I'm not sure whether that needs to be written out openly as long as we all share the idea that there will be a weapon or two with Athwen to hand out.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:14 AM   #699
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Tevildo,

It looks alright to me. Athwen is quite ready to go behind the lines and start working as a doctor instead of as one of the fighters.

Only one thing I noticed was that when he was pulling Hadith's body towards a horse, you refered to it as Athwen's horse. Was it actually her horse, or was it the slaver's horse? Her horse is somewhere nearby, I guess. He just trotted away a little bit when the slaver grabbed Athwen and they were fighting. Hadith would definitely be safest on her horse.

Is Dorran going to be going with them, or is he going to stay out and find more people to fight?

Nogrod, in your post, are you planning on going all the way to the place where the women and children are? If you're just doing a post about him during the fight and being taken to the horse and put on it, then I will plan to post and take them all the way to the sheltered place. But if you want to go all the way there, then that's fine. If you're not going to be able to fill your save immediately, let me know where you intend to stop, and I may be able to write a post.

-- Folwren
Old 11-28-2006, 10:05 AM   #700
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren

Nogrod, in your post, are you planning on going all the way to the place where the women and children are? If you're just doing a post about him during the fight and being taken to the horse and put on it, then I will plan to post and take them all the way to the sheltered place.
Go ahead. I will end up where Hadith is put on horseback...

Quote:
Tevildo
Quote:
Is Dorran going to be going with them, or is he going to stay out and find more people to fight?
If I have counted it right, there will be something like 4-5 slavers still alive around the tunnel and if Khamir has turned to go back with the rest 6 of the escapees there will be just a couple of ex-slaves to fight them (Joshwan, Erlech, the bearded one and Fewerth). Of those at least Joshwan is going to die there, soon to come...
Old 11-28-2006, 10:20 AM   #701
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Nogrod - Khamir and Adnan are going to stay around the tunnel at least for a little while longer. They still have to figure out what to do about Vror. They're going to try and get him awake somehow, and then deliberate over whether or not to try and carry him somewhere, where and how to carry him, etc. He's quite heavy, and it's dangerous to move him for several reasons. So, while they're there, any remaining slavers can be sent their way. Or if anyone else wants to run into them, feel free.

If the fact that Khamir and Adnan are going to stay where they are conflicts with your and/or others posts, then that can certainly change.

I'll post for them and for the three NPC slaves that are going to try and help protect the women and children as soon as possible.

Sorry I haven't yet. Life has been crazy with lots of Calculus and a funeral yesterday...
Old 11-28-2006, 11:06 AM   #702
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Durelin, if Athwen with two horses and Hadith rode near Khamir and Adnan and Vror, would that help in your dilema of trying to figure out what to do with the dwarf? If she rides by (she has to go around the tunnel), they could hail her and she could come and get off of her horse and they could lift Vror up on him and then she could lead the two horses back to the place where she's going to go set up doctoring shop.

Let me know whenever you can. I hope to post sometime this afternoon. We'll see.

Good luck on your finals!

-- Folwren
Old 11-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #703
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dūm

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll get to those revisions this evening. I haven't decided yet what to do with Dorran next. When I do, I'll let you know here for sure.

I wanted to get a post up for Azhar next.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:44 PM   #704
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
I haven't decided yet what to do with Dorran next.
That kind of brings us to the question I made earlier: what is our cavalry / archery doing? I have no characters involved in either group and have not paid too much attention to them. But really we should share some basics just to be able to write.

Any ideas? I'm most hesitant to bring anything forwards as my characters are not involved... (in the last RPG I got negative feedback for trying to think for the others and so I would like to stay away from this one)

It would be best for those involved to come forwards in both of the groups...
Old 11-28-2006, 05:50 PM   #705
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Any ideas? I'm most hesitant to bring anything forwards as my characters are not involved... (in the last RPG I got negative feedback for trying to think for the others and so I would like to stay away from this one)
Poor Nogrod! I can't help but chuckle. Yes, I remember that. All the same, I can't help but appreciate you and your technicality in all this stuff...

I don't have anyone in either groups, either, but in Hilde Bracegirdle's last post about Carl, Lindir told Carl to take down as many as he could of the people crossing the tunnel and then retreat farther back to try to find another of the groups that branched off. Lindir also said in that post, I believe, that he was drawing his archers off someplace....you should check that post. It has some answers to your questions about the archers.

And Brinniel's character was in the calvary, and she has a save up.

Tevildo: Your save cracks me up. Poor Azhar - does she wish she'd gone with Kwell now?

-- Folwren
Old 11-28-2006, 07:14 PM   #706
Child of the 7th Age

Quote:
That kind of brings us to the question I made earlier: what is our cavalry / archery doing? I have no characters involved in either group and have not paid too much attention to them. But really we should share some basics just to be able to write.
I believe I am one of the guilty parties. Lindir is an archer and hasn't posted yet. That is because Lindir's "owner" has been busy posting in the Books forum and not paying attention! I will try to get something up tomorrow.

I am leaning towards having Lindir take some of the archers down towards the southern part of camp. Remember that there is a group of ten coming in from that direction. Some of the ten will swing towards the west and attack near the women and children. (That was part of the conversation that Durelin and I had yesterday when we agreed some of the southerners would attack those slaves trying to get through to the women and children.) The rest of them are free and can be used for another subplot.

Anyone have other ideas or preferences regarding these slavers coming straight up from the south? Shall we have Lindir and the archers go down in that direction to stir up some trouble?

I am not wed to any one idea and can be flexible about as needed. The subplot with the women and children that also involves Pio and Tevildo is the one thing I am firm about as we've done a fair amount of planning. Other than that I'm happy to go with the flow.

Tevildo -

Would it be a problem if I did a brief post before yours where Aiwendil actually gives this babysitting assignment to Azhar? If it's alright I could slot into the same square as yours and get something up tonight.....

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 11-28-2006 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:21 PM   #707
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dūm

Quote:
Tevildo: Your save cracks me up. Poor Azhar - does she wish she'd gone with Kwell now?
Folwren,

Time will tell....

Child,

Quote:
Would it be a problem if I did a brief post before yours where Aiwendil actually gives this babysitting assignment to Azhar? If it's alright I could slot into the same square as yours and get something up tonight.....
No problem. I'll wait till Aiwendil is finished to do Azhar's part of the post.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:08 AM   #708
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
There. I foolishly filled in a save during the wee hours of the morning. But what can I say? I was in the mood for writing- apparently I can only stay awake when everyone else is asleep...

Anyways, Shae has taken down one slaver near the trench. She's been injured from her fall off the horse- a gash in the forehead, a broken wrist, and a bruised rib, maybe cracked. It's nothing too serious, but it'll definitely slow her down. She's on her way to help the women and children as well, but since she's on horseback, she might end up beating the other men there.

I'm not sure what happened to the NPCs of the cavalry- Shae didn't really pay attention to them. If you haven't noticed, she can be a bit self-absorbed at times. I'm sure some have done damage as well, several others were most likely killed. Most of them had little experience on horseback, and would have just as much trouble staying on their horses as Shae.

Last edited by Brinniel; 11-29-2006 at 04:19 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #709
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Alright. I just wrote a terribly long post - a page and a half, I think. Gracious. Anyhow, in this post, Athwen spotted:

1. The group of slavers that had followed her and fallen into the trench fighting
2. The horsemen of the ex-slaves and
3. The footmen that Hadith had been with. Also
4. Imak and his men behind the lines fighting with
5. Carl's group of archers. She also spotted
6. The group of horsemen riding in search of the women and children.

She did not see Lindir and his archers, and if there were any other ex-slaves on foot, she didn't see those. Whatever extras we have will probably need to start attacking Imak and his group and help Carl and his archers.

As for Athwen herself, she and Hadith are up at the sheltered place where the women and children are. Pio, Athwen's pretty shaken up as you can obviously see, and I'm afraid Rog's getting the brunt of it at this moment. Now that she's exploded, she can probably be calmed down pretty quick and told to dry up and then she'll be good to go, pretty much.

But, really, she can't very well go binding wounds with sand and dirt flying all over the place. The most she can do is stop blood from flowing. If she dressed it, it would be useless because dirt and stuff getting into it would cause the wounds to fester.

If anything should be changed in my post, let me know.

-- Folwren
Old 11-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #710
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Carl's latest save is now filled in.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:50 PM   #711
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Apologies to everyone! I'm finally really getting into my college apps, and I've got a slew of projects and calculus. I also realized that there was one college application that is due...Friday! Luckily it's only about half an hour away from my house, so I can maybe take some of my paperwork there myself. Anyway, just wanted to explain my continued absence from posting in this important time, battle and all.

I will do my best to post tomorrow as long as things go well with that darn application.

Sorry I didn't get back to you, Folwren, about Khamir and Adnan and Vror. But perhaps Athwen riding by would have been too convenient.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:10 AM   #712
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dūm

I finally managed to edit those earlier posts. I really hope I have more time tomorrow to get up Azhar's response.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:27 AM   #713
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I've filled my save for Hadith too. Poor boy seems to be pretty mixed up...
Old 12-01-2006, 12:28 AM   #714
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dūm

Save filled for Azhar.

LATER EDIT: I changed my earlier post for Azhar so that she actually makes a promise to Aiwendil. Here. I've also put up another post....

Last edited by Tevildo; 12-01-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:50 AM   #715
Child of the 7th Age

My save is filled. I wanted to do a post for Imak and friends. But before I put up a save, I wanted to make sure where people are.

Folwren -- You discussion post summarising what Athwen saw was very helpful.

First, I made the assumption that with the strong winds and visibility so low, it's been impossible for large groups of the good or bad guys to stay together. That's why we are so split up. Plus, we're fighting over a relatively large stretch of land with relatively few players: it's not an organized battle field....more like guerilla war and small skirmishes intermixed.

I am having a hard time envisioning where all the slavers are and who is dead. Don't know if anyone else is having this problem. I thought I would put down what I thought I knew and see where I was wrong.

This is how I read it. Of the five slavers who came in from the northern edge of camp looking for women and children, two have been killed by Nasim and company courtesy of Durelin. That means we have three slavers still wandering.
around looking for women and children.

Of the ten who orginally attacked the camp at the tunnel, about five (?) have been killed, 1 has taken off towards the south and joined up with those riders (this was in the post I just did) and the remaining four are still fighting somewhere near the tunnel.

Of the group of ten coming in from the south, I am assuming about 3 of them already headed towards the tunnel and will reinforce the men there. Another 5 from the southern group are heading to the northwest of camp Two of these will cause more trouble for Nasim and crew; two will be trying to find and attack the women and children. Imak is also with them but he will eventually become separated from that group, since we have a special treat reserved for him. Lindir has also spotted another 2 slavers still in the south who are just about to ride northward. In posts I haven't written yet, Lindir and archers will take care of two of them: one in one attack and one in the other. One slaver will still be left alive--the one who escaped from the tunnel and ran south to join them.

So basically we have 7 slavers dead at this point, 2 more going to die at the hands of Lindir and the archers, and 15 left alive (?)

Durelin and everyone else

Does this sound right? Or have I forgotten something? I've never posted in such detail about one battle and it's hard to keep track of everyone. I don't care about precise numbers -- if we misplace one or two that's fine -- but I wanted to make sure I've got the basic groups right.

We aren't at that point yet, but shall we have the last standoff and fight be in the grove with the women and children?

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 12-02-2006 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:50 AM   #716
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Of the group of ten coming in from the south, I am assuming about 3 of them already headed towards the tunnel and will reinforce the men there. Another 5 from the southern group are heading to the northwest of camp Two of these will cause more trouble for Nasim and crew; two will be trying to find and attack the women and children. Imak is also with them but he will eventually become separated from that group, since we have a special treat reserved for him. Lindir has also spotted another 2 slavers still in the south who are just about to ride northward. In posts I haven't written yet, Lindir and archers will take care of two of them: one in one attack and one in the other. One slaver will still be left alive--the one who escaped from the tunnel and ran south to join them.
You understand that it is part of this group that Carl and his archers ran up agains and that Hamin was part of, right? Just wanted to make sure.

There are only three slavers now busy looking for the women and children? I'd better change what I had Athwen see, then. I was thinking that there were about seven, but I guess that's not possible.

I think it all looks good, Child. I am not planning on posting again for Athwen until Pio's written for Rog...if she can't manage it, then I guess I could go on. And as for Kwell...I'll post sometime, I guess. He'll probably head back to where he's supposed to be, but he's not going to arrive at the grove until it's pretty much too late. The slaver's will already have arrived and most the fighting will be done. So I have to wait for his next post, too.

But that's alright. I'm fine with that.

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 12-02-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:16 AM   #717
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Child - Sounds right to me. About the only adjustment I have to make is that Nasim and co. will have quite a bit of trouble taking down those two slavers, so if anyone's in the right place at the right time they could stop by and help out. Otherwise, we can simply move on and consider them taken care of. Though I think one of Nasim and co. will have fallen in the process...
Old 12-02-2006, 11:18 AM   #718
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
There are only three slavers now busy looking for the women and children?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child
So basically we have 7 slavers dead at this point, 2 more going to die at the hands of Lindir and the archers, and 15 left alive (?)
I would surely increase the number of slavers heading for the women and children...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child
We aren't at that point yet, but shall we have the last standoff and fight be in the grove with the women and children?
I'd vote for this, or then having two "last stands", another being around the tunnels (at least if some slavers are getting there to help their comrades).

Otherwise, all this makes sense, at least to me.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #719
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

About the tunnel-fight... There seems to be many of the capable escapee-fighters there: Beloan, Joshwan, Erlech, the bearded one at least... (=the first row - Hadith) I'm still wishing to kill Joshwan there (as I have time for it). But anyone could write the story of Beloan fex. About Fewerth I'm not sure about, whether he went with Khamir, Adnan & others from the second row or whether he sticked with the first row guys as I have written earlier him helping the bearded one in a fight...

Anyhow, at this moment it looks like from the 10 original attackers (those who trailed Athwen):
1 killed by Joshwan in to the tunnel by spear
1 killed by Beloan as he tried to rise up from the ground
1 killed by the bearded one and Fewerth
1 killed by Dorran
X killed by those helping Carl?

So some reinforcements for the slavers might do good to the fight there? Of those escapees at the site we do not need to spare anyone if we so decide. It would be sad to lose Beloan, but that should also be an open possibility. In the end too powerful NPC's are not so good to have around?
Old 12-02-2006, 11:32 AM   #720
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

There could be as many as eight if we simply say that more went with Imak than didn't, right? I'd say 5 are enough to make a lot LOT of trouble, though. Even three can make a good deal, too, really. And remember - they're not expecting resistance from the women and children. They don't know Rog and Aiwendil are there...nor do they know who they are.

If we wanted more, though...

There have been 5 killed around the tunnel. There are 4 more there 1 took off toward the south. (?)

Two slavers came from the south and attacked Nasim and co.

2-4 die at the hands of the archers?

That shoud leave at least 8 more slavers, right? Plus Imak.

I feel like I'm forgetting something, though...

Edit: Actually, make that six (at least) killed around the tunnel...Khamir and Adnan each took out one. I think we're going to have to keep it at three, unless we just fudge numbers. Perhaps no on should make it in time to help the women and children...and Rog and Aiwendil will have to save the day. Should be nerve-wracking enough, right?

Last edited by Durelin; 12-02-2006 at 11:41 AM.