The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2003, 06:57 AM   #1
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe All About You (Part II)

The original All About You thread got pretty big, so I decided to open another.

If you feel like sharing, please answer the questions if you have not done so previously on the first thread.

Also, don't comment on the entries of others. This topic is designed for everyone to share some personal information, but it's not the place to discuss them, even if they are Tolkien. We have the rest of the forum for Middle-earth talk.

Barrow-Downs members like to get to know one another, so I'll stick with the original questions. Here is the information everyone has been providing:

Name (that you go by):
Future Aspirations:
Goal in life:
Short term goals:
Passion:
Hobbies:
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself):

Fave book:
Fave movie:
Fave sport:
Fave store:
Fave music:

What you can't stand:
What you plain dislike:
Who you admire:
What you most love to do:
Your self-confessed flaws:
What intrigues/fascinates you:
What scares you:
Quotation to live by:

Additional comments:
Old 07-03-2003, 02:42 AM   #2
Aeden

Shield

Name (that you go by): Aeden.. or Todd

Future Aspirations: To be paid to surf, or Investigative Journalism.

Goal in life: To surf at the Pipeline masters in Hawaii, and own a concept car.

Short term goals: Survive high school

Passion: Surfing and acting.

Hobbies: uh, surfing and acting, i like watching the V8 Supercars as well.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I got the second male lead opposite the lovely Everdawn in Guys and Dolls. (there, gave you a plug Eve.)
And surfing. I won the suncoast Grommits last year and am starting in the adult comp at the end of september.

Fave book: anything by Stephen King, and of course Tolkien.

Fave movie: Lotr, Gattaca, The Patriot, The Others, The Ring, Ned Kelly.

Fave sport: SURFING

Fave store: City Beach! all the way!

Fave music: Between Theories, Static X, Evanesence, Kittie, Deftones.

What you can't stand: My best friend Eve when she is in a bad mood. Racists, etc. Bodyboarders. (Who take our waves)

What you plain dislike: Dr. Pepper, it is so yuk eh!

Who you admire: Kate Daer. She is beautiful!
Taj Burrow, the master! all hail the king of the waves!

What you most love to do: Bungy Jump from the top of the Batman Building (in Brisbane)

Your self-confessed flaws: Im pretty not with it. And i dont finish anything.

What intrigues/fascinates you: The sea.

What scares you: Great White Sharks.

Quotation to live by: "Its always summer on the inside." O'Neal

Additional comments:
I enocourage everyone to skip a day and go surfing.
-Peace- Todd.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:11 AM   #3
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Pipe

Name (that you go by): Ana(stasia)

Future Aspirations: To be a classicist

Goal in life: to fully decipher Linear A (an ancient language/script used by the Minoans)

Short term goals: to finish the Bible, to have a pleasant holiday

Passion: Ancient Greek (very recent), and classics in general. And Languages. And reading

Hobbies: Badminton

Famous for (okay this is where you get to
brag about yourself): I'm the daughter of the Fujifilm photographer for two years (2000 and 2002 I think...)

Fave book: The Lord of the Rings (obviously), Dvenatsat' Stul'ev, The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy, numerous Agatha Christie novels, and lots of other books I can't remember right now.

Fave movie: Kin Dza-Dza

Fave sport: Badminton

Fave store: Whittards of Chelsea (because of free samples), Purves & Purves

Fave music: In no particular order: Myst 3: Exile Soundrack, Enya, LotR Soundtrack(s), Shocking Blue, Kino (Russian band), Nautilus Pompilius (I hope that's how you spell it!) (another Russian band), Yat-Kha (yet another Russian-well, Tuvan-band), Amélie Soundtrack, and the list goes on and on...

What you can't stand: People shouting and/or smoking in public transport

What you plain dislike: slugs

Who you admire: nobody that I can think of right now.

What you most love to do: read, surf the 'net, walk from my house to the Starbucks at Tower Bridge

Your self-confessed flaws: I have none, heh heh

What intrigues/fascinates you: ancient civilizations, cultures, languages etc.

What scares you: Revelation

Quotation to live by: "Vremya, kotoroye u nas est', eto den'gi, kotorih u nas net" (The time we have is the money we don't have), said by Ostap Bender in that wholly remarkable book, Dvenatsiat' Stuliev (12 Chairs), "Ku!" (from my favourite film)

Additional comments: I have none. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2003, 01:46 PM   #4
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Sting

Name (that you go by): I will answer to many names, including Poicale, Vendea, and Elf Girl.
Future Aspirations: Find the straight path to Valinor,or be an actress, or a writer or... oh to heck with it, I got no plans.
Goal in life: See above answer
Short term goals: Survive summer vacation with my best friend grounded
Passion: Anything Celtic or Elvish, languages.
Hobbies: Drawing anime and celtic knots, writing poetry and fantasy, dancing, singing, reading
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Being absolutely insane.

Fave book: I have too many to list, but a few are: LotR, The Belgariad, all of the books by R. A. Salvatore that I've read, Watership Down, The Chronicles of Narnia
Fave movie: LotR and Pirates of the Caribbean
Fave sport: Don't like sports much
Fave store: Wal-mart
Fave music: Tori Amos, REM, Oingo Boingo, Celtic music, 80's music, The Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Newsies, Les Miserables(sp?)

What you can't stand: my little sis
What you plain dislike: spiders
Who you admire: All the characters from LotR
What you most love to do: read
Your self-confessed flaws: I am very forgetful and tend to procrastinate.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Languages
What scares you: myself
Quotation to live by: "Those who walk in darkness may be looking to the sun" I came up with that one. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Additional comments: The barrowdowns is the coolest website!!!

[ July 06, 2003: Message edited by: Elennar Starfire ]

[ July 09, 2003: Message edited by: Elennar Starfire ]
Old 07-03-2003, 06:22 PM   #5
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Since my other post waaaay back in the first part is a little outdated now... here's a new one...

Name (that you go by): Melanie
Future Aspirations: to work in the acting business and be as successful as I can (I'd also like to travel to as many places as I can across the globe!)
Goal in life: To bring joy to as many people's lives as possible, and to not die knowing that I didn't accomplish everything that I had set out to do.
Short term goals: Pay off my debt and move out of my parent's house (again), get an agent, audition and get work, take more acting classes, find happiness in life.
Passion: Life, nature, love, my friends and family, art, expression, free will.
Hobbies: Drawing, painting, singing, composing, collecting memoribilia from lots of things, traveling, making mix cds, going to concerts.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Singing (around my home town area), and being a big dork and loving it!

Fav book: The Lord of the Rings
Fav movie: The Lord of the Rings, Moulin Rouge, The Last Unicorn...
Fav sport: Horseback riding and fencing... and jousting!
Fav store: Dragon's Crossing (local store) and K-Bee Toys!
Fav music: Garage Rock (The White Stripes, The Von Bondies, The Stone Roses, Slumber Party, The Detroit Cobras, The Ramones...), Celtic/New Age (Enya, Loreena McKennit, Aeone, Adiemus...)

What you can't stand: Rude, selfish people... and sometimes, myself.
What you plain dislike: My current situation and knowing that I am trapped in it for a while.
Who you admire: My sister, My parents, Jack White, Viggo Mortensen...
What you most love to do: Acting on stage (or screen or anything that has to do with theatre in general), and being part of nature (taking walks, etc.)
[b]Your self-confessed flaws:[b] Laziness, inability to focus when I really need to, and really bad self-esteem.
What intrigues/fascinates you: The sky and world religions
What scares you: death, losing people I love, claymation!
Quotation to live by: "You can't have the happy ending in the middle of the story"
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 06:51 PM   #6
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

Name (that you go by): Lush.
Future Aspirations: Sports-writer. Maybe novelist.
Goal in life: "Books, babies, and beef stew." Also, to not waste my life entirely.
Short term goals: To finish this without too many regrets.
Passion: I plead the 5th. Children might be reading.
Hobbies: Watching music videos and soccer games, aimlessly walking around Euroean cities, writng satiric short stories about my past conquests, blogging, singing drunkenly and dancing badly, flirting.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Not yet. Maybe never. I don't really want to be famous.

Fave book: Still The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. With a lot of others that come to mind. Like the LotR, as shocking as it may seem.
Fave movie: "American Beauty" still comes to mind. As do "Velvet Goldmine," "Clerks" and "The Princess Bride." And "Le Pacte des Loups." And a lot of others.
Fave sport: Futbol.
Fave store: Right now it's wherever I can find a good pair of Escada pants on sale. Maybe I should write that up as my "Passion." Yes, it's Escada, and nothing remotely inappropriate or immoral or...
Fave music: Drunk students singing outside my window. Also jazz, techno, and the Beatles (I don't care if certain minds link the Beatles with "the establishment") and whatever other random stuff that appeals to me. Like Manu Chao and In-Grid.

What you can't stand: My reflection in the mirror on Monday mornings.
What you plain dislike: Repetitive questions.
Who you admire: Anyone who reads this and doesn't think that I suck.
What you most love to do: Read and write. And...*ahem*
Your self-confessed flaws: I like to be the center of attention. Really. It's sickening. But so much fun.
What intrigues/fascinates you: I used to think it was men, but now it's mostly art. Though some men are like art. Then again, a painting or a book is never going to leave you because it doesn't want "emotional involvement." Then AGAIN, a painting can't...bring you breakfast in bed afterwards
What scares you: I scare myself.
Quotation to live by:

"A human being is an arrow loosed into eternity."

also,

"More beer!"

Additional comments: I must really like to talk about myself, since I filled this out twice. Anyway, this is the older, wiser, infinently more boring version.

[ July 03, 2003: Message edited by: Lush ]

[ July 21, 2003: Message edited by: Lush ]
Old 07-05-2003, 12:51 AM   #7
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Here is the updated version...

Name (that you go by):Ashley (that is it, that is all)

Occupation: Student in high school, Senior, member of the William Winlock Miller High School graduating class of 2004 (Yeah!)

Future Aspirations: Go to college at the University of Washington, major in business and Interior Design or become a lawyer, and run a marathon. I would also love to go into Politics because I think they really need me. I would be very valuble to our country and government.

Goal in life: Be comfortable, wealthy, own a great shoe and clothing collection, own a Mercedes Benz 500 E-class sedan, and a condo in Vancouver BC. Meet every single actor from the film fellowship [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. 2 down, 8 to go (or you could say that I have met 4, but the third and fourth ones I was really only in the presence of. I heard them speak)

Short term goals: Get through high school successfully, get up to varsity level in cross country or track. Sew a version of the white Eowyn dress.

Passion: clothing, LOTR, design, anything artistic, learning, travel, shopping, internet

Hobbies: Going on the Internet, shopping, cooking (desserts only though, my mother asks me "why can't you make dinner"), collecting, listening to music, going to cons [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Nothing right now, just being a great person, involved in some clubs, the biggest LOTR fan in my school (truely, I wear my elven brooch at school so they know I am a fan)

Fave book: I have too many to choose, my favorite of LOTR is The Two Towers, and a lot of historical fiction novels. The Lovely Bones by Alice Seabold (a kind of sad book but it is also very hopeful). The Redwall books (they were the first fantasy novels I was interested in)

Fave movie: Such a hard question (thinking ...) Duh! Fellowship of the Ring!, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Best in Show, Austin Powers, Wayne's World, Robin Hood: Men in tights, and historical movies with great costumes (I especially love for that Sleepy Hollow, Interview with the Vampire, and The Patriot)

Fave sport: running, walking, watching baseball and football (Go Mariners!)

Fave store: Nordstroms, J Crew, Gucci [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (I only shopped there once), Louis Vutton (I only shopped there twice), Barnes and Noble, also any place that sells furnature and home stuff, Restoration Hardware, William Sonoma, Archabald Sisters (a really great store in my home town), oh and any place that sells LOTR related stuff. Additionally I am addicted to handbags.

Fave music: I enjoy calming music and stuff with a lot of emotion. My choices are very diverse. I love everything from country to alternative. Right now I am really enjoying Coldplay.

What you can't stand: School European group trips, cliques, mean people, and people who try to fit in even though they really don't.

What you plain dislike: School European group trips, coffee, myself in some ways

Who you admire: My parents, the founding fathers of the U.S., my teachers (because they do so much to help students succeed)

What you most love to do: travel (but not on School European group trips) I love especially to travel across the United States on Car trips, those are the best.
Riding Roller Coasters! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (Next year you will be able to find me working at Cedar Point, the greatest amusement park in the world!)

Your self-confessed flaws: I can be annoying, obsessive, I want everything to be perfect, I am kind of a loner, I don't seem to get along with anyone at my school

What intrigues/fascinates you: The universe, the meaning of life? History, I love history, government, Art (it is amazing what people can create with their own hands)

What scares you: Blood (that is why I cannot become a doctor) nuclear waste (that stuff scares the heck out of me because there is no way to get rid of it without it effecting something), nuclear war, haunted houses, and things that jump in the night.
Quotation to live by: Just Do it!

Additional comments: I tend to not like being with people my own age (I like people who talk about intelligent things), I am very mature for my age (well not too mature, but I just never seem to get along very well with people my own age. I always start talking to their parents). Oh and sometimes I sound very smart but I really don't do as well in school as I would like to.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:32 AM December 28, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 07-05-2003, 09:08 AM   #8
Aredhel Idril Telcontar
Wight

Aredhel Idril Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Gabriele (Gaby)
Future aspirations: to publish a fantasy novel and to prove that Elves are real to the masses
Goal in life: to become the Secretary General of the UN
Short term goals: to survive school, to be accepted in a good university
Passion: anything to do with Tolkien or fantasy in general, learning languages
Hobbies: Reading, writing, drawing, basketball, football, singing
Famous for (ok this is where you get to brag about yourself): Umm... being able to speak English better than my English teacher. Also being the smartest person and only Tolkien nerd in my class (yay!!)

Fave book: anything J.R.R. Tolkien is partly responsible for. Also Robert Jordan's series: The Wheel of Time and Steven Erikson's books.
Fave movie: Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, The Matrix: Reloaded, Robin Hood: Men in Tights [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Fave sport: basketball, like everyone else's in my country [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Fave store: [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] hate stores [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Fave music: Rock, Rap and RnB

What you can't stand: people who think Elves are small and green, unhygenic-ness.
What you plain dislike: dishonesty, people who translate movies (the ones that do the voice-overs) [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
What you admire: polyglots, honesty, bravery, intelligence, aesthetes
What you most love to do: read fantasy, surf the net, walking in forests [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img], writing fantasy
Your self-confesed flaws: I'm a bit of an egotist. Also perfectionism (though that can be a virtue)
What intrigues/fascinates you: mysterious happenings, origins of languages/countries/peoples. History in general
What scares you: imprisonment
Quotation you live by: "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from medicore minds" - Albert Einstein. Also,
"There's always room at the top"
"Nesvarbu kada mirsi, svarbu kaip" (Doesn't matter when you die, it's how you die that matters)
Aditional comments: I'd rather be dead at the Downs than anywhere else
Old 07-05-2003, 05:35 PM   #9
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Name (that you go by): Beren, Matt, Mattie, Mattie-TAH, and "hey you with your arm around my girlfriend!"

Occupation: Part-time student, full-time enjoyier-of-life (and maker-uper-of-odd-words), and soon to be Subway employee

Future Aspirations: Not become an adult.

Goal in life:see above. Plus to never subcomb to peer pressure. to live by the Playboy philosophy of "You can do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else."

Short term goals: Get my summer assignments due (ack..2 days to send in book responses on a book I haven't started). Get the new site finished (we're using TikiWiki, it should be fun), get the band together for another practice/find a new band, get hired at Subway

Passion: Programming, webpage design, Music (making and hearing), books (both making and reading), spending money, driving, just basically living-it-up
Hobbies: all of above, playing games on every gaming system (I have 9 now)

Famous for: (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Wearing random clothes to school, Falling asleep during a Dr.Seitz lecture (he actually lectures at 70Db), Being able to sing at 6 different Octaves

Fave book(s): Contact, Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side, All Tolkien books, Dracula, Sherlock Holmes, Every AH Harry Turtledove book (I'm not a big fan of his Fantasy), The Ender and Bean series by OSC and Pastwatch, HP, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!, The Redwall series, The Indiana Jones series, anything by Asmiov, every Science Mag I can find, I'm a big fan of Graham Hancock, The Kurt Cobain Journals.., The Odyssey, All the Anne Rice books, anything by Arthur C. Clarke

Fave movie: FotR, TTT o'course, Spiderman, Every Monty Python, National Lampoon's Van Wilder (my role model), Interview with the Vampire, Space Balls (anything directed by Mel Brooks really), Rush Hour 1 and 2, The Matrix and reloaded, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, anything with Jet Li or Jackie Chan in it, Ten Things I Hate About You...(hey, it was a good movie..), and..bum bum bum, Ferris Bueller's Day Off!!

Fave sport: Rugby! oh, and of course Soccer (I'm a Yank, I'm going to call it soccer), and Football simply because I played it for 2 years. Girl-watching is also near the top of the list..but it tends to get dangerous

Fave store: Hot Topic, Barnes and Noble, Walden Books, FYE, Sam Goody's, Radio Shack, and of course Walmart

Fave music: Here we go: Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, Nirvana, System of a Down, The White Stripes!, Green Day, Queen, The Doors, Hot Hot Heat, The Ataris, Linkin Park, Sublime, Weezer!, The Blues Brothers, Reel Big Fish, The Suicide Machines, The Get-up Kids, Thursday, Law Biting Citizens, Frank Sinatra, 30 seconds to Mars, Saves the Day, 3 Doors Down, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Blink-182, Coldplay, Drop Kick Murphy's, Hoobastank, Hootie and the Blowfish, Pearl Jam, Mettalica, Simple Plan, The Who, The Knack, Soundgarden, Hendrix, Audioslave, The Beatles, Fat Boy Slim, Godsmack, Guns n' Roses, Unwritten Law, Chevelle, Vertical Horizon, Cream, Dave Matthews Band, Eric Clapton, Creed, The Eagles, Evanescence, Disturbed, Eve 6, Marcy Playground, Matchbox 20, Queens of the Stone Age, Puddle of Mud, Rammstein, Foo Fighters, Sum 41, Sugarcult, The Hives, The Vines, Tool, Tom Petty, TRUSTcompany, Blues Traveler, Smashing Pumpkins, Zwan, Incubus, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, The Ramones, Phish, RHCP, Jimmy Eat World, The Clarks, Without Eyes, Creed, Cold, Finch, AFI, The Kinks, The Beach Boys, Deftones, Dido, Taking Back Sunday, The Verve, Deep Purple, Steppenwolf, The Distellers, Murray Head, Fuel, John Lennon, Dashboard Confessional, Everclear, Lynyrd Skynyrd, At the Drive-In, New Found Glory, Saves the Day, CKY, Good Charlotte, Korn, Lou Bega, MXPX, The Offspring, The Byrds, Pennywise!, The Sex Pistols, Styx, The All-American Rejects, Live, and my own as of yet unnamed band!

What you can't stand: People who despise music, Country Music, hypocrites, anyone who looks down on anyone else,

What you plain dislike: An incredible amount of food, being dumped (though I'm getting used to it), bigotry

Who you admire: My best friends, Van Wilder, Carl Sagan, Robert Plant,

What you most love to do: Just live life, it should be fun.

Your self-confessed flaws: I tend to not pay attention to things i consider worthless or that I already know. I don't have the patience to listen to stupid people.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Women, I just don't understand them, but, as Sophia says, they'd be less fun if I understood them

What scares you: Living without love, being handicapped...

Quotation to live by: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

"live life every day like you never know when it's going to end"

Additional comments:
Yeah, these things happen when i get bored...

[ July 05, 2003: Message edited by: Beren87 ]
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 08:05 PM   #10
Gamja
Haunting Spirit

Gamja has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gamja
Sting

Name: sorry, I can't share that with you. :P
Future Aspirations:... what's an aspiration?

Goal in life: none yet

Short term goals: none really

Passion:... also n/a

Hobbies [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]laying the violin, reading manga/manwha, playing video games, discussing stuff on forums

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): other than my violin kills, nothing.

Fave book: hmm... a hard one... probably the Ragnarok manwha series.

Fave movie:TTT

Fave sport:football/soccer

Fave store:none

Fave music:Carmen fantasy by... someone...

What you can't stand: incompetence and losing.

What you plain dislike:anything with more than four legs or less than 2 legs. in other words, bugs.

Who you admire:no one

What you most love to do: play video games

Your self-confessed flaws: I'm a bit dull and slow to realize stuff.

What intrigues/fascinates you: mysteries, especially stuff that have to do with black holes.

What scares you:the supernatural

Quotation to live by: none

Additional comments:none
Old 07-05-2003, 08:24 PM   #11
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

I like waiting for 'Part 2' of these threads... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Name: Rachel

Future Aspirations: Writer, Business: Managing?

Goal in life: To live life to its fullest!
Short term goals: Getting good grades in high school, finding a good but relaxed job for my summers!

Passion: Fantasy in general

Hobbies: Playing sports, collecting TCGs, RPing, writing, reading, foruming, playing clarinet (though I am pretty sick of it)

Famous for: People who don't really know me say that I never smile, but what do they know (and one idiot says I'm like Dharia); for merchandising (my friend gets all over me about that like it's a bad thing...); I'm also a perfectionist, for I was valedictorian of my eigth grade class (Catholic school, graduating eigth is a big deal); I am quoted for: "You are told that if you are given a lemon, you should make lemonade. As a pessimist, I am given a lemon, and I suck on it."

Fave book: LOTR, The Hobbit, WoT, Redwall series, Harry Potter, The Novels of Deverry and the Westlands

Fave movie: FOTR, TTT, Star Wars, Black Hawk Down, We Were Soldiers, Minority Report, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, X-men 1 and 2, Spiderman, Daredevil was pretty good, Mystery Men, Galaxy Quest, Judge Dredd, Harry Potter ones, a lot of John Wayne movies, most Cary Grant movies, the only musical I like is Singing in the Rain, It's A Wonderful Life, The Mummy, Gladiator, Patlabor 1 and 2, Jurrasic Park, The Patriot was pretty good, uh...I guess I really liked Dude Where's My Car, the 1st and 3rd Indiana Jones Movies, Tomb Raider, oh, and of course, Green Slime, which I'm betting close to (if not) no one has seen it. And there are probably some more I'm forgetting...

Fave sport: Softball

Fave store: my local comic shop

Fave music: rock/sorta 'punk'/classical/little bit o' country or pop

What you can't stand: Skimpy clothing, political correctness, whiners, 'goths', people who try to hard to be some way, MTV, egos, American Idol, Avril Lavigne. Yeah, there's a lot...

What you plain dislike: Mystery novels, classic literature, Shakespeare, math, The Matrix Reloaded, guidance couselors, green beans. You want to know more, PM me or something.

Who you admire: I'm at a loss, so I'll stick with my parents, Tolkien, and Robert Jordan. Easy way out...

What you most love to do: Read, write, and ride roller coasters!

Your self-confessed flaws: Pessimistic, perfectionist (can be flaw or 'edge'), mildly shy (off the computer, I guess), bad at making decisions (can't remember the word for it at the moment), bad temper...

What intrigues/fascinates you: Hmmmmmmm...literary symbolism and such is pretty cool...

What scares you: Tornadoes (though I've never seen one in real life), zombies, Samara, the devil, and, of course, life's real scare: psychoes!!!

Quotation to live by: I'll quote good ol' Gandalf. "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Additional comments: NA

EDIT: Yeah, I know, I added things and changed around a few things so I sounded cooler and smarter. Big deal. They are all still true though, of course.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ July 10, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 12:51 PM   #12
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Name (that you go by): Estel ( or Chris )
Future Aspirations: NBA basketball player ( more like a dream ) or movie star ( ditto )
Goal in life: Act in remake of LOTR ( 20 years from now? ), other things
Short term goals: work on my basketball skills
Passion: basketball, LOTR
Hobbies: sports, LOTR, drawing LOTR stuff, chatting,..
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): To much to put here [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Fave book: FotR, TTT, or RotK
Fave movie: FotR or The Matrix
Fave sport: basketball
Fave store: 2 many
Fave music: Linkin Park

What you can't stand: biased refs
What you plain dislike: biased refs, tomatoes
Who you admire: Lots of people
What you most love to do: Play basketball/email people
Your self-confessed flaws: over-cirticalness
What intrigues/fascinates you: Gollum,
What scares you: Not much
Quotation to live by: "If you're going to do it, you might as well do it well."

Additional comments: I am not a man of many words to put on surveys, as you may've been able to tell...

[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

[ July 07, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 10:00 PM   #13
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I have such a fun time filling this thing out that I'm doing it again! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Name (that you go by): Erin, Brinniel, Brinn, or "that girl"
Occupation: the dreaded baby-sitter and soon to be house-sitter
Future Aspirations: to go to a good college and become a screenwriter or director (or something in the film industry)
Goal in life: to be part of a huge film production (bigger than LOTR)
Short term goals: to finish my summer homework (which I haven't even started) and to survive a year of dance team (6AM practices, conditioning, petty teammates)
Passion: dance
Hobbies: dance, writing, drawing, internet
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): my LOTR obsession

Fave book: LOTR, The Silmarillion, The Shannara Series, The Obsidian Chronicles, Harry Potter series, Holes
Fave movie: LOTR, X-Men, X2, Matrix, Matrix Reloaded, Moulin Rouge, Chicago, Rat Race, Bandits, Austin Powers: Goldmember, Liar Liar, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, Terminator 2, Life is Beautiful, Where the Heart Is, Amelie, Men in Black 2, Ever After, Romeo and Juliet (modern), The 10th Kingdom, Sleepy Hollow, Urban Legend, The Sixth Sense, Mission Impossible 2, and (new addition) Terminator 3.
Fave sport: dance
Fave store: Barnes and Noble
Fave music: Aerosmith, Blink 182, Sheila Chandra, Kelly Clarkson, Destiny's Child, Enya, Evanescence, Nelly Furtado, Green Day, Norah Jones, Edwin McCain, Shakira, TLC, and U2. I also enjoy listening to soundtracks.

What you can't stand: cigarette smoke, brats
What you plain dislike: George W. Bush, being ignored
Who you admire: Johnny Depp. Ok, I only saw him in one movie, but I like him because he's eccentric. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
What you most love to do: dance, sleep, eat, chill out at the BD, watch movies
Your self-confessed flaws: I'm extremely shy and obsessive and I'm a terrible procrastinator. I'm also a perfectionist, which makes me slow at completing tasks.
What intrigues/fascinates you: people
What scares you: spiders [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Quotation to live by: uhh...
Additional comments: I finished summer school (finally).

[ July 08, 2003: Message edited by: Brinniel ]
Old 07-06-2003, 11:10 PM   #14
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Earendil Halfelven has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
What intrigues/fascinates you: Pirates, World & US History...
Maika-excellent choice I might add. If you have read mine, you see that we have something in common. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2003, 02:52 PM   #15
Carrûn
Wight

Carrûn has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Name (that you go by): Jake

Future Aspirations: U.S. Army Officer, Writer

Goal in life: Write a novel, make a difference, graduate from Airborne and Ranger School.

Short term goals: Maintain Sanity/GPA, decrease two mile run time, get an Airborne School slot.

Passion: I'm a little too laid back to be passionate about anything.

Hobbies: Reading, ROTC-related activities, Computers, Writing, Intelligent Discussion, Sports.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Most recently, running 40 feet on a log blindfolded in 4.03 seconds.

Fave book: Too many; just about anything by: J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Ernest Hemmingway, George Orwell, Charles Dickens, James Web, Tom Clancy, Sun Tzu, most other "classic" authors.

Fave movie: (I Guess in Order) Band of Brothers, We Were Soldiers, LOTR, Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, The Patriot, Platoon, The Matrix (1&2), The Bourne Identity, Full Metal Jacket, Lethal Weapon 1-4, The Thin Red Line, Gladiator, The History Channel (Does that Count?), Counte of Monte Cristo, Braveheart, The Usual Suspects, & about 100 others or so.

Fave sport: Gymnastics, was actively involved for 14 years, travelled across the U.S., damaged every part of my body possible, permenately ruined.

Fave store: Hah! (No that's not a store)

Fave music: Rock 1970's-Present, Techno, etc. excluding country/bluegrass/trendy pop crap.

What you can't stand: Political Correctness, Hypocrisy from all sides, Brown-nosing, "Sensitivity."

What you plain dislike:

Who you admire:
Ghandi
Jesus Christ
J.R.R. Tolkien
C.S. Lewis
Thomas Jefferson
Martin Luther King Jr.
George Washington
James Madison
Sun Tzu
Any American KIA, MIA, POW.
Any American who served in some form or another.

What you most love to do: Nothing in particular.

Your self-confessed flaws: Sometimes too laid back.

What intrigues/fascinates you: People who say one thing and do another, HALO, Nature, The Afterlife.

What scares you: Overall stupidity and herdlike tendencies of a populace, people who have no desire to learn anything about History.

Quotation to live by: "Dic, hospes, Spartae, nos te hic vidisse iacentes
dum sanctis patriae legibus obsequimur." (Stranger, tell Sparta that you saw us lying here, as we obey the sacred laws of our fatherland).

Additional comments: !..!

[ July 07, 2003: Message edited by: Carrûn ]
Old 07-08-2003, 02:11 PM   #16
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
LOTR, X-Men, X2, Matrix, Matrix Reloaded, Moulin Rouge, Chicago, Rat Race, Bandits, Austin Powers: Goldmember, Liar Liar, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, Terminator 2, Life is Beautiful, Where the Heart Is, Amelie, Men in Black 2, Ever After, Romeo and Juliet (modern), The 10th Kingdom, Sleepy Hollow, Urban Legend, The Sixth Sense, and Mission Impossible 2
Brinniel: Wow you have a lot of favorite movies... [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

[ July 08, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 02:23 PM   #17
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Becka
Future Aspirations: Move to Scotland
Goal in life: Become a horse trainer and train horses and live in Scotland
Short term goals: Get contact lenses and braces..woo hoo! Stupid Wal-Mart's 16-and-over policy...Finish RtR before the release of RotK in theatres
Passion: LotR..(duh!) horses
Hobbies: Horseback riding, reading, watching TV & movies, climbing on the school roof, coming on BD
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): My weird sense of humour... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Fave book: Tolkien's works, Among the Hidden, Fingersmith, Count Karlstein
Fave movie: LotR, Young Frankenstein, The Life of Brian, The Meaning of Life (the last two are Monty Python. "Marching up and down the square!"), The Pianist, Legally Blonde, Willow
Fave sport: Equestrain events, badminton
Fave store: Spencers, le chateau, Suzy Shier...yes I sound like a total girly-girl...but I'm not!
Fave music: Hoo boy...Great Big Sea, Eric Idle Sings Monty Python, Moxy Fruvous, Korn, Mindless Self Indulgence, Stone Sour, Linkin Park, treble charger, Slipknot, Yakoo Boys, the LotR soundtracks, Bob Dylan, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Avril Lavigne. Not nearly as impressive as your list, Beren. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

What you can't stand: People who are ignorant and racist.
What you plain dislike: Immaturity and people who think they are cool but are really acting dumb.
Who you admire: Rosa Parks, for her courage in the Montgomery bus incident, and all the people that do small things that make big impact.
What you most love to do: Be around horses.
Your self-confessed flaws: I bite my nails, I fidget. A lot. I am the Fidgeting Queen!
What intrigues/fascinates you: Fire. Horses.
What scares you: Tornadoes, and being buried alive.
Quotation to live by: "Don't wait for your ship to come in. Row out and meet it." Said by my friend's older brother.
"I like fire!" Said by my math teacher.

Additional comments: Wow. This list has really changed since the last time I posted it. And yes, my math teacher DID say that. She's a pyro. No, just kidding.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 02:47 PM   #18
Lily

Lily has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lily
Shield

Name:Lily
Occupation [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]irector (for my scool) and student
Future Aspirations:I would love to be either an author or a director for Broadway plays
Goal in Life:To finish writing my book
Short term Goals:To become better at math, and to finish my short story which I hope will go on FanFic
Passion:I love to role play and to write and (of course) act
Hobbies: I collect penguins I have about 65 or so
Famous for:I started a Drama Club at my scool that all my classmates love me for. I also directed 7 plays at my school and I've writen 6 of them. Also I do reanacting with my family. Reanacting is acting out the past. My family reanacts mostly the French and Indian War. But we also do the Civil War too. Since I love writing I do it a lot so I'm always writing stories. And usually when I have to write one for school my teacher always loves reading mine. I not also write plays but I act in them too ever year at summer time I always do a play which is presented at a park in my town. And I usually do musicals. (now this is kind of funny) I'm also famous for my tall family everyone in my entire family is at least 5' something or 6' something (of course not counting in the babies) I am the tallest one in my class and most of my classmates have to look up a bit to see me. Also I am a pretty good drawer I'm still learning but so far so good.

Fave book: LOTR, Dragon Lance, James and the Giant Peach
Fave movie:LOTR, Emperors New Groove, and almost all the Muppet movies
Fave sport:whats a sport?
Fave store:Hot Topic
Fave music:RAMMSTEIN!!also Neopacifica recordings, LOTR soundtrack, Reel Big Fish, Guttermouth, Weezer, System of a Down, Muse, Goldfinger, Pennywise, Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies, Metalica, Mong Hang, Nine inch Nails, NOFX, Cold, The Smashing Pumpkins, Transplant, Korn, Linkin Park and Rob Zombie

What you can't stand: Harry Potter, Avril Lavin, Brittany Spears, Back Street Boys, (etc. with those kind of groups)people with no sense of humor, people who think their better than everyone else, war, and probably a lot more stuff but I can't think right now so etc.

What you plain dislike: mystery stories!!
Who you admire: My mom, brothers, and dad
What you most love to do: Write, act, role play, be with my mom
Your self-confess flaws: I don't not want to share them
What intrigues/fascinates you: The Roman Empire and the Emperors that ruled at the time
What scares you [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]eath, spiders, and aliens
Quotation to live by:"You only have very little amount of fun in your, most of your life is work and stress deal with it!"
-My Mother

Additional comments:I hope to learn about other people here and make new friends!
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 03:17 PM   #19
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

Name: Elizabeth, or peony, or fighead
Future Aspirations: become a vet or Humane Society officer
Goal in life: uh... see above?
Short term goals: train my dog for agility or field trials
Passion: aminals!
Hobbies: horseback riding, drawing hobbits [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Famous for: being smart and quiet

Fave book: uh.... LOTR! LOL
Fave movie: LOTR and the Matrix and Finding Nemo
Fave sport: show jumping and racing
Fave store: Borders books
Fave music: the stuff in cartoons you watch online [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

What you can't stand: Ashley B. and her dreadful singing
What you plain dislike: The Ring (the movie), so many plotholes...
Who you admire: Sean Bean. He must have gotten made of for his name, and look at him now!
What you most love to do: ride Bearito at my lessons and walk my dog
Your self-confessed flaws: I'm too quiet
What intrigues/fascinates you: Middle-Earth and milk
What scares you: ticks and "yingyaifs": inside joke sorta...
Quotation to live by: Stupid is as stupid does.

Additional comments: It annoys me when I'm trying to type this, and my rabbit is eating my shirt and stepping on the keyboard at the same time.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 05:42 AM   #20
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Mine was not really old, but I just like filling in forms [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Name (that you go by):Helka, André, fool, moron, you're in my way
Future Aspirations: Become a publsihed writer.
Goal in life: Don't die as long as possible
Short term goals: Get enough enough money to get some motorised wheels
Passion: Fantasy, partys and more of those
Hobbies: See above and add handball
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Writing battle posts and being totaly insane

Fave book: Lotr
Fave movie: Ditto
Fave sport: Handball, squash is coming close though
Fave store: Don't have it
Fave music: Ditto

What you can't stand: Gay haters, racists, trafficlights
What you plain dislike: Ditto
Who you admire: The Tolkiens
What you most love to do: Dance to the music
Your self-confessed flaws: Stubborn, weird, confusing, lasy, way away from a perfectionist, and too spontanious at times. Oh and I tend to forget who's boss. (me, duh!)
What intrigues/fascinates you: Death. Nah I'm not that morbid. I always wonder how my hair is always standing up when I wake up. Does that count?
What scares you: Durelin and Maikadilewen.
Quotation to live by: "Please come back tomorrow and remind me to care."

Additional comments: RPGing is the best way of improving your writing skills. Gondorian housecall in the shire seems to be forgotten, we need one more writer that has never particepated in an RPG ever before. This is a hint for those who are not the brightest ones around. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 12:32 PM   #21
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): Robert W. Gardner

Future Aspirations: Perhaps the most pertinent to this site is my aspiration to write a novel based upon the end of the Millennial Kingdom. I would like one day to build and occupy a double-scale hobbit hole, having determined that earth-sheltered construction is the best stewardship of the resources the Maker entrusted us with.

Goal in life: To have people say, "He truly followed Jesus."

Short term goals: To be used to reestablish our church with a true New Testament structure.

Passion: The Mrs.

Hobbies: Writing. Tinkering.

I'm locally known as a former radio talkshow host and as a citizen activist who helped stop both casino gambling and a lottery from corrupting our regional culture and economy. I resigned from the Christian Coalition upon finding it was not much of either at the top.

Fave book: THE LORD OF THE RINGS

Fave movie: THE LORD OF THE RINGS (tentatively)

Fave sport: Fencing. I used to be fairly good at swordplay, on stage and off, many years ago.

Fave store: I spend more time at WAL*MART than any other store. (I don't like shopping, though I do enjoy spending money!)

Fave music: Classical.

What you can't stand: Arrogant ignorance.

What you plain dislike: Pride.

Who you admire: Folk who are more Christ-like than myself.

What you most love to do: Write, tinker, act, and uh, ask the Mrs!

Your self-confessed flaws: Arrogance, ignorance, pride.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Humanity & Creation.

What scares you: The thought that I might be seduced into a life of meaningless conformity either to the culture of the world or to the culture of the traditional church. Either way is easier than following Jesus.

Quotation to live by: "To live is Christ, to die is gain."

Additional comments: I would admonish other Christian believers on this Forum and in the Barrow-Downs chatroom to conduct yourselves as such. "Not by might, and not by power, but by my Spirit," says the Lord! It is alright to discuss the faith of J.R.R. Tolkien and yourselves, but do it within threads that hash such things out. OF COURSE Tolkien was a Christian and saw LOTR as an essentially Christian work! But there are none so blind as those who will not see, despite the Professor's own words in his Letters and especially in the concluding notes of his essay on Fairy Stories. Advertise your faith, if you like, in your signatures. Private Message or email those who have an interest. Demonstrating love in a moment will do more than arguing theology for a lifetime.

Oh! And you will never persuade a troll! (I've tried.)
Old 07-11-2003, 04:11 PM   #22
Tulkas the Mighty
Haunting Spirit

Tulkas the Mighty has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Marco
Future Aspirations: I try not to aspire any futures. They make my teeth turn funny colors.
Hobbits: Don't have any
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Eating a chili dog that wasn't ummm really a chili dog... (You don't want to know)

Fave book: The Silmarillion
Fave movie: What's that?
Fave sport: Utimate Frisbee
Fave music: The kind I make

What you can't stand: Something that wants to sit.
What you plain dislike: I don't like plains or fields much either
Who you admire: C. BF(H)P (AA)
What you most love to do:
Your self-confessed flaws: I haven't confessed any of them so how could I tell you which ones I've confessed?
Quotation to live by:
I saw this one on the last thread.

"Never stop breathing." that's something to live by for sure.
Subtractional comments: yeah right

[ July 11, 2003: Message edited by: Tulkas the Mighty ]
Tulkas the Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 09:03 PM   #23
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yavanna228 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Quote:
Also, don't comment on the entries of others. This topic is designed for everyone to share some personal information, but it's not the place to discuss them, even if they are Tolkien. We have the rest of the forum for Middle-earth talk.
Just a reminder, guys. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's part of what got the other thread closed.
Peace
Old 07-12-2003, 05:08 AM   #24
Tarien Ithil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tarien Ithil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Passion: Surfing
Surfing, Aeden? Me too!! Where do you like to surf?

*Sorry, off topic*

*gives a sheepish smile*

Crickhollow
Tarien Ithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 02:08 PM   #25
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Name (that you go by): Kathryn

Future Aspirations: To become a doctor or another medicine related, well paid job.

Goal in life: To survive

Short term goals: To pass through Year 11 and Sixth Form without having a nervous breakdown.

Passion: Dancing, reading, singing and Art. Oh and my closest friends: (here comes a list!) Teasa, Vicki, Craig, Tom, Dom, Chris, Rob, Peter, Sam, Fish, Calisse, Mona, Bex, Em, Georgie and Char....

Hobbies: Modern Jazz, Classical Ballet, Tap, Drama, Piano, Swimming, Choi Kwang Do and reading.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): For doing a damn good Mariah Carey impression. (Singing that is.)

Favourite books: Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter and the…ect, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Macbeth and Anthony and Cleopatra…..(even though the latter are plays…)

Favourite movies: Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Shrek, Gladiator, Romeo and Juliet, Mulan and Pocohontas.

Favourite sports: Dance, swimming and shot.

Favourite stores: Miss Selfridges, Selfridges, Top Shop, Miss Sixty, Kookai, Hamleys, Ottakars, FCUK, Punky Fish, Morgan, Bloch, Sansha, Pinapple and Dance.

Favourite music: Anything that sounds good, including: The White Stripes, Evanescence, Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, Michelle Williams, Tracy Chapman, Aaliyah, R Kelly, Missy Elliot, Sean Paul, Bob Marley and The Wailers, Blu Cantrell, The Isley Brothers, Fabolous Mya, Kevin Lyttle, Wayne Wonder, Dido, Micheal Jackson, Sugababes, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Linkin Park, Sum 41, Avril Lavinge, Michelle Branch, Lene Marlin, Simon and Garfunkel, Dire Straits, P.O.D, Muse, Placebo, Meat Loaf, Queen, Craig David, U2, The Eagels, Black Eyed Peas, Eminem, Dr Dre, Bryan Adams, Sting, Rod Stewart, The Darkness, Genuwine, AFI, Shard, Nickleback, Ashanti, Ja Rule, Wyclef Jean, Mary J, Mariah Carey, Whitney Huston, Stacie Orrico, Brandy, Monica, Blaque, Lilllix, Green Day, Puddle Of Mudd and various classical stuff.

What you can't stand: Meat and 50 Cent.

What you plain dislike: Gluttony.

Who you admire: Vicki.

What you most love to do: Dance, read and sing.

Your self-confessed flaws: Envy, pride and lust for things I want.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Space and Mythology.

What scares you: The Dark.

Quotation to live by: “You never know what another person is going through, until you step into their shoes and walk around in them.”

Additional comments: Thanks for taking the time to read this………

[ October 17, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 07-14-2003, 12:31 AM   #26
Elen Ilúvitauri
Pile O'Bones

Elen Ilúvitauri has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Name (that you go by): Katiana

Future Aspirations: To become a fully active member of the Russian Mafia... or Captain on one of the Pirate Corp's ships.. Seriously? um, I want to be a Designer.

Goal in life: about the same as above.

Short term goals: Finish my outfit for a magazine company party i am going to in about a month... Do well in school.

Passion: Clothes and designing.

Hobbies: Making unique pieces, watching movies, looking after the calves in my backyard.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I designed three of the dresses for a fashion show in Brisbane this year with help from my mother who is also a designer. Im probably most remembered for being the girl who will be talking and then stop and take out a sketchbook and start drawing.

Fave book: The Ballad of Lucy Whipple, Scarlett, Pandora, The Easter cat, LOTR, The Sil.

Fave movie: Y mama tu tambien, Lotr, Billy Madison, Snatch, The Godfather... any movie containing Russian Mafia, Ever After, The Ring, Big Wednesday, X-Men, Quills, Chicago, Moulin Rouge, Strictly Ballroom, Gladiator.

Fave sport: Rugby! and Surfing... and bodyboarding.

Fave store: Is there enough space on the page? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Malloute, Giordano, Colorado, David Jones, Pricoscia, Alamaston & Matrain, The Gucci Store on the Goldcoast, Dangerfield, One Teaspoon, Mallory, Aztec Rose, Billabong, Sass & Bide, Collette Dinigan, Lala, Samson Et, East Street, Dotti, Just Jeans, Jeans West. I could go one, but i wont.

Fave music: Uh, im into jazz, and slow piano singers, lounge music, i am a big fan of Norah Jones, and i have heard Viggo Mortensen's Jazz CD, its pretty good.

What you can't stand: Paris and Niki Hilton! ahhh! why are they models.

What you plain dislike: Models who complain to you too much, people who winge, Ignorance, selfishness, cheating.

Who you admire: Collette Dinigan, a truly great aussie! and my friends, Todd, Lana, Diedrie, Bridget, Sam, Dan, Rainey, Ross, Stweart, Eve, Donna, Sally, Lucy, I LOVE THEM!

What you most love to do: Return to Paris to begin my Designing career!

Your self-confessed flaws: I am quick to anger...lol.. and i never call my friends back right away.

What intrigues/fascinates you: The way the world percieves what people make of themselves.

What scares you: Frodo Baggins...hehe

Quotation to live by:
"The wonderful thing which is produces in a garment is essentially a visual representation of the inner workings of the designer's mind" - Collette Dinigan.

Additional comments:
Lord of the Rings has given me so much inspiration for my various pieces this season, and to Tolkien i am greatful!
Peace!

Tommy, SNATCH'S answer to Pippin.
Elen Ilúvitauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 11:13 AM   #27
Tarien Ithil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tarien Ithil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

*Ahem* I think it’s time I redid my previous form……. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Name (that you go by): Shannon

Future Aspirations: To be successful in all things!

Goal in life: To become an architect and live cheerfully

Short term goals: To win the surfing competition in Hawaii next month (I can’t wait!)

Passion: LOTR, surfing (what else?), art and reading

Hobbies: Surfing, Tolkien, art, shopping, gym

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Ummm…I’m not a bragger. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Fave book: The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl (as you can see, fantasy is my favorite!)

Fave movie(s): The Lord of the Rings, Blue Crush, Lilo and Stitch, Moulin Rouge, Beauty and the Beast, What Lies Beneath, The Others, Mothman Prophecies.

Fave sport: Surfing, volleyball, pinball (is that a sport?)

Fave store: Surf’s Up, Marks and Spencers, Hamlie’s

Fave music: Eminem, J.LO, Celtic, Celine Dion, Enya, Shakira, Shania Twain

What you can't stand: Ignorance, snoring, pointless killing

What you plain dislike: Mess, the smell of glue and nail varnish

Who you admire: Tolkien, my mother, my boyfriend

What you most love to do: Surfing, reading quietly, dancing in the rain

Your self-confessed flaws: Impatience, disregarding of the rules ( [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] )

What intrigues/fascinates you: Fire, Helkahothion, flowers

What scares you: The dark, loneliness, roaches

Quotation to live by: We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give

Additional comments: LOTR IS THE BEST!!…YAY FOR LOTR!! YAY FOR- *stops* [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Crickhollow
Tarien Ithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 09:13 PM   #28
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

NAME (that you go by): Jamie or sometimes James.
FUTURE ASPIRATIONS: I have absolutely no clue.
GOAL IN LIFE: To know God better.
SHORT TERM GOALS: Finish high school while still in one piece.
PASSION: Christianity
HOBBIES: LOTR *gasp!*
FAMOUS FOR (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Absolutely, positively nothing. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

FAVE BOOK: LOTR *huge gasp*
FAVE MOVIE: LOTR *another huge gasp*
FAVE SPORT: Baseball
FAVE STORE: Electronics Boutique (sp?)
FAVE MUSIC: None

WHAT YOU CAN'T STAND: People who think LOTR is stupid [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
WHAT YOU PLAIN DISLIKE: People who think Christianity is more stupid than LOTR [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
WHO YOU ADMIRE: Jesus Christ
WHAT YOU MOST LOVE TO DO: Go to camp (which I will next week! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])
YOUR SELF-CONFESSED FLAWS: None! I am INVINCIBLE! (yeah, right... dream on... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] )
WHAT INTRIGUES/FASCINATES YOU: All the detail they put into LOTR with the scenery. It's just so cool. (though I don't like how PJ wrecked the entire storyline in TTT [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] )
WHAT SCARES YOU: Rabid Legolas fans [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
QUOTATION TO LIVE BY: I can't say I really have one.

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: Meneltarmacil ]
Old 07-24-2003, 07:12 PM   #29
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

...well here goes!

Name (that you go by): Jenn
Future Aspirations: To graduate with at least a 3.5 GPA so I can easily get into vet school...fingers crossed
Goal in life: To compete on the US Olympic Equestrian Team
Short term goals: at least a 3.7 in my upcoming Chemistry class
Passion: I'm a very passionate person, so anything that sparks my interest, I'll go after. As far as an ongoing passion...it'd have to be horses.
Hobbies: Using my imagination, riding, being with people that make my time enjoyable.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): The Jenn grin *lol* Umm...singing random Disney songs to cheer people up. Nothing like a round of "Yo Ho a Pirates Life For Me" to make someone laugh!

Fave book: I love Nicholas Sparks...and of course LOTR.
Fave movie: Armageddon, LOTR and recently Pirates of the Caribbean!
Fave sport: Equestrian, Soccer, Baseball, Football...
Fave store: Nothing particular, though I worked at Abercrombie for a spell...I'll never do that again :-\
Fave music: I love all sorts except heavy metal types...too many brain cells die [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

What you can't stand: pessimists and selfishness
What you plain dislike: mushrooms, moths and the above.
Who you admire: Jesus Christ and anyone who takes their talent and puts it to good use.
What you most love to do: Jump horses...there's something about soaring over a 4'+ oxer that'll get to ya.
Your self-confessed flaws: Hmm...I'm too self-conscious for my own good
What intrigues/fascinates you: peoples interactions with the environment...especially when they think no one is watching!
What scares you: Finding what I've waited my whole life to find...and then not realizing I've found it.
Quotation to live by: I think Gandalf said it best: "It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule." Oh and Gimli: "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." Powerful stuff.

Additional comments: I'm usually around here someplace...feel free to IM me at CougarSavvy

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
Rochelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 12:12 PM   #30
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Silmaril

New and improved

Name (that you go by): Katie or Katherine Grant

Future Aspirations: get though school and become famous. Like an actress or something (how typical)

Goal in life: get though it
Short-term goals:

Passion: music, books, movies

Hobbies: reading, writing, singing, talking, playing basketball, watching movies, J.R.R. Tolkien's books, computer

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Nothing or being able to make by best friends mad at me and me mad at them

Fave book: ROTK, TTT, or Sil (all J.R.R Tolkien books) and The Sisterhood of the Taveling pants series

Fave movie: LOTR’s trilogy, Pirates of the Caribbean (so good!), Pearl Harbor, Mighty Joe Young

Fave sport: basketball

Fave store: Don’t really have one. Probably Target.

Fave music: I like Avril Lavinge, Good Charlotte, Evanescence, Stacie Orrico, Kelly Clarkson, and J. Lo

What you can't stand: annoying people
What you plain dislike: bugs, smoking, and snakes

Who you admire: J.R.R. Tolkien, Peter Jackson and of course the Barrow-Weight

What you most love to do: LIVE, LOVE, AND HAVE FUN, go on the barrow downs, play on the computer, hang with friends, dance

Your self-confessed flaws: I don’t respect myself as much as I should, Don’t love life even if things go bad

What intrigues/fascinates you: Elves, Arda, Life, and Love

What scares you:
Quote:
I’m afraid of time. "I mean, I'm afraid of not having enough time. Not enough time to understand people, how they really are, or to be understood myself. I’m afraid of quick judgments and mistakes everyone makes. You can’t fix them without time. I’m afraid of seeing snapshots instead of movies.
This is a quote from one of my favorite books.

I’m also afraid of not having enough time to say good buy to everyone I love before I die.

Quotation to live by: Just live life, get over it, and have as much fun as you can, because you only have one life to live

Additional comments: If I don’t get to say goodbye before I die than bye to everyone I love, and to everyone on this site. YOU guys are the best!

[ July 28, 2003: Message edited by: elven maiden Earwen ]
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 01:03 PM   #31
Lëowen
Haunting Spirit

Location: my computer chair, being smothered by my impossibly large cat
Lëowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lëowen
Shield

Name (that you go by):I can't tell you
Future Aspirations:To make films or get a job where I get to work with animals
Goal in life: to take over the world with duct tape
Short term goals:convince my mom to get me a ferret
Passion:animals and LotR
Hobbies:reading, drawing, reading, LotR, reading, going on the 'Downs
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): um...

Fave book: anything Tolkien
Fave movie:FotR, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the Matrix, Pirates of the Caribbean
Fave sport: horse back riding (does that count as a sport?), archery
Fave store: Books a Million
Fave music: um...most kinds except for rap and country

What you can't stand: stupid people, people who are racist, animal haters
What you plain dislike: people who try to act 'cool'
Who you admire: Viggo Mortensen, J.R.R. Tolkien, quite a lot of people here
What you most love to do: read and come on the 'Downs
Your self-confessed flaws: What flaws? I have no flaws... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

What intrigues/fascinates you: everything
What scares you: Sharkû...
Quotation to live by: Anyone who has ever said that nothing is impossible has never tried to slam a revolving door.

Additional comments: DO THE WAVE FOR BOROMIR THE DISCO KING!!!

[ July 29, 2003: Message edited by: Lëowen ]
Old 07-29-2003, 11:09 PM   #32
Genevieve
Animated Skeleton

Genevieve has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Name (that you go by):sorry

Future Aspirations: photography, movie making, violin

Goal in life: love God every minute

Short term goals: at least survive freshman year

Passion: God

Hobbies: collecting bottlecaps, making movies, reading, playing cards, walking/running

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself):uhhhh.....being short (but getting taller FINALLY)

Fave book:umm. Fotr, The Great Gatsby, The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf, Feeling Sorry for Celia, Time Stops For No Mouse, The Amber Spyglass. (it goes on but I'll spare you)

Fave movie: Oh dear. The Matrix, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Pride and Prejudice, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Mel Brooks movies, Pirates of the Caribbean, and this one that I can't remember. Its going to bug me all night I know it!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Fave sport:running? soccer kind of. oh oh!! air hockey if that counts. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Fave store: Barnes and Nobles, Origins, other stuff. im not a big store person

Fave music:Eek. Cake, COldplay, The Beatles, Nick Drake, Indigo Girls, The Eagles, Aretha Franklin, other oldies

What you can't stand: spiders, selfish people, tourists in our town (heh heh...evil face)

What you plain dislike:refer above

Who you admire:Jesus Christ, my mom, my friends, my sister.

What you most love to do [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]hotograph, sleep, talk, walk, cook (sometimes)

Your self-confessed flaws:im a bit self absorbed and spoiled

What intrigues/fascinates you: other people, other countries

What scares you: spiders, ghosts, dark places, and I am EXTREMELY squemish around blood

Quotation to live by: don't really have one just yet. It's there somewhere....

Additional comments: The barrow downs is wonderful, I love it. All you guys are great. Sorry if my post about myself is boring.

[ July 30, 2003: Message edited by: Genevieve ]
I have never failed to feel
Pain.
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 03:04 PM   #33
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

You only have a few years on me Snowdog and there are a few others here who also bear the wisdom of many years. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ July 30, 2003: Message edited by: Mithadan ]
Old 07-30-2003, 03:43 PM   #34
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Snowdog, have you had a look a the Tolkien Coming of Age Club thread? That's where the geezers hang out - you'll find that there are more than you might suspect! (It's for all who read Tolkien at least 18 years ago, thus the title.)
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 04:38 PM   #35
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Name (that you go by): Chelsea, Faye, Chels, Chelsaroo, and Chelsa

Occupation: Student (very dedicated) and full time Lakepartier!

Future Aspirations: Go to college, get a degree, and get married! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Goal in life: To be successful and have a good happy life.

Short term goals: Make the Vollyball team, and have a good year in Highschool.

Passion: Music, Writing Poetry (even if I'm not that good at it), Making people laugh and happy, Helping others [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hobbies: The above plus Gaming, Computer, Role Playing, Reading, Singing, Acting, and so much more.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Pointing out my discovery of the 'mini dipper', Being one of the few who actually knows how to have an intelligent conversation, Being someone who will listen, annoying my friend Drew by reminding him that it wasn’t Dr. Pepper (really hilarious inside joke), and being one of the only ones out of my friends to actually get excited about buying books. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Fave book: All of Tolkiens books (of course), Song of Albion, Anything by Stephen Lawhead, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, Night by Elie Wiesel, Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison (really funny book!), Harry Potter, Good Fairy/Bad Fairy by Brian Froud, and others..

Fave movie: Nightmare Before Christmas, FotR, TTT, Moulin Rouge, LXG, Halloween, Matrix 1 and 2, Rush Hour 1 and 2, Austin Powers, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and some others..

Fave sport: Vollyball, Soccer, Football, Swimming, and Motocross.

Fave store: Its all about Hot Topic my friends, then comes Best Buy and Electronics Boutique for Video Games and CDs.

Fave music: Oh you just had to ask: AFI, The Used, The Ataris, Evanescence, Nirvana, Incubus, Coldplay, System of a Down, Weezer, The White Stripes, Jimmy Eat World, The Music, The Exies, Linkin Park, Dave Matthews Band, Sugarcult, Disturbed, The Starting Line, Rage Against the Machines, The All American Rejects, Sum 41, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Revis, Staind, Metallic (they’re okay), MxPx, Thrice, Janes Addiction, Rancid, Alien Ant Farm, Dashboard Confessional, Switchfoot, Billy Talent, Fountains of Wayne, Matchbox 20, Greenday, Powerman 5000, Creed, Sublime, Goo Goo Dolls, Queens of the Stoneage, Foo Fighters, Audioslave, Godsmack, Rammstien, Offspring, The Ramones, 3 Doors Down, Blink 182, Roxcar Racer, Limp Bizket, Taproot, Trapt, Fuel, Oasis, Counting Crows, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Puddle of Mud, Vendetta Red, New Found Glory, Slipknot, Smile Empty Soul, Die Trying, Eve 6, Smashing Pumpkins, Seether, Salive, Something Corperate, The Distillers, The Vines, Zwan, Less Than Jake, Hot Hot Heat, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, Rob Dougan, Train, P.O.D, The Beetles, The Beach Boys, The Who, The Police, Brand New, Korn and oh so many more! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

What you can't stand: People who judge people on the way they dress, not doing well at something, being put on the spot, people who don’t know me that decide to dislike me, being broke, and no one talking to me (I love to talk! I can’t help it. But I’m not annoying so don’t worry [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

What you plain dislike: The above, Spiders, Balloons, and how expensive pants are at Hot Topic :P

Who you admire: Some of my friends, Stephen Lawhead, Nicole Kidman, and my mum [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

What you most love to do: Spend all my money, go online, read, and learn.

Your self-confessed flaws: I have a tendency to get jealous sometimes and I am very very sensitive.

What intrigues/fascinates you: The World and people. I love to hear others opinions and everything about them. I love to listen. You may just learn something new from them.

What scares you: Spiders, and not being able to live.

Quotation to live by: "If you love someone, write their name in a circle, not a heart. A heart can be broken, but a circle goes on forever."

Additional comments: Hmm.. Don’t be afraid to take chances and umm… The Barrow Downs is awesome! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 07:36 PM   #36
Dain Ironfoot
Haunting Spirit

Dain Ironfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OK, here it is:

Name (that you go by): nope...
Future Aspirations: maybe medicine or biology
Goal in life: Not sure. I'll figure it out later.
Short term goals: getting my driver's license
Passion: baseball
Hobbies: playstation 2, online videogames, being in school plays, reading, writing poetry, taking care of my cat and dog
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): getting some of my poems published in magazines and stuff

Fave book: books by Harry Turtledove; also Thomas Friedman
Fave movie: Monty Python, TTT, Braveheart
Fave sport: baseball, baseball, baseball
Fave store: Gamestop
Fave music: rap; anything I download off Kazaa

What you can't stand: when my younger sister goes nuts; when my mother hogs the computer
What you plain dislike: when my parents don't really listen to what I'm saying but decide things ahead of time
Who you admire: my parents; also people who have enough guts to stick by their beliefs and be different
What you most love to do: hang out with my friends and play videogames
Your self-confessed flaws: Who, me?
What scares you: Figuring out where I want to go to college and somehow getting myself into that school; figuring out what to do with my life
Dain Ironfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 01:06 AM   #37
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): Tinuviel, believe it or not
Future Aspirations: Um...
Goal in life: Don't know that one either
Short term goals: Pass senior year (without getting lazy and getting a B again. shame on me for doing that last year)
Passion: There are several to choose from
Hobbies: Talking to my best friend Zel Ladrona, reading the Downs (don't hurt me ZL), writing stories that I never finish, acting, singing, and dancing
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Me, famous? Nah. *bows to cheering fans...oh, wait, I don't have any fans...*

Fave book: Three guesses
Fave movie: Dragonheart
Fave sport: Unless you count dance, I hate all sports
Fave store: Barnes & Noble
Fave music: Celtic, Contemporary Christian, and Classical

What you can't stand: Boys who think they're God's gift to women
What you plain dislike: I claim the 5th
Who you admire: My dad. Two majors in college, he programs computers, and he has a doctorate in law. Also Tolkien
What you most love to do: There are way too many answers to that question
Your self-confessed flaws: Pride
What intrigues/fascinates you: the dark side of human nature
What scares you: Men and the dark (very long painful story behind that...)
Quotation to live by: "Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

Additional comments: I am blond, brown-eyed, 5'8 1/2", I wear jeans, T-shirts, little jewelry, no make-up, and elvencloaks. I have several sibs, two of which are registered here, the rest are too young. (Durlossiel and Who in all Felturn is That? if you care who they are.) I have had two cats, four parakeets, and six fish. All of them either died or disappeared. I'm no longer pushing for a horse, I decided it wouldn't be worth the trouble (and how would I bury it in my garden?)
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 10:44 PM   #38
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Joy (Maybe be legally adding Faith to my name)

Future Aspirations:

Goal in life: To know Christ and to make Him Known - Matt 28:19

Short term goals: To get well, to lose 50 more lbs, and to get my first book published.

Passion: Serving Christ, helping youth and those less fortunate.

Hobbies: Writing, singing, playing the keyboard, reading.

Famous for: My Blueberry Cobler [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img], soon will be on TV (a Christian Talk Show).

Fave book: The Bible, Lord of the Rings, anything by Randy Alcorn, Frank Peretti, the classic epics.

Fave movie: LotR, Open Range, Casablanca, Gone with the Wind.

Fave sport: (plying) Voleyball (watching) baseball.

Fave store: Wal-Mart, Christian bookstores

Fave music: Praise and Worship, Some Country.

What you can't stand: hatred, pride,people who think they know everything.

What you plain dislike: Pride and arrogance.

Who you admire: Jesus Christ.

What you most love to do: read, write, minister to teens.

Your self-confessed flaws: Laziness

What intrigues/fascinates you: Languages, ancient cultures, astronomy.

What scares you: A Life unfulfilled.

Quotation to live by: "To live is Christ, to die is gain." Can't argue with Gil here.

Additional comments:

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 10:31 PM   #39
steve
Wight

steve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to steve
Sting

Name (that you go by): Steven, Steven Stevie, That wierd kid behind the timpani
Occupation:student, full time pain in my dad's a**(he flips the bill for the tax on all my purchases)
Future Aspirations:To pay my adad back the millions of dollars I own him in back taxes
Goal in life:To become a world known percussionist
Short term goals:to get as much fun out of the last week of summer vacation as I possibly can
Passion:Music, Tolkien, The Downs, myself
Hobbies:Music, Tolkien, The Downs, Talking to myself, makeing typos
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I AM THE ALL MIGHTY GOD OF TYPOS I am the section leader for the percussion section for orchestra and concert band

Fave book: TTT/War of the World
Fave movie: Monty Python quest for the Holy Grail
Fave sport: what is this word... sport? (hockey GO FLYERS, STANLEY CUP IN 04)
Fave store: fav store... I dont like stores... there allways saying, dont sniff the panties sir, and dont try on the bras sir, and you can go in there sir, and get off of the counter sir. (4Cs Card and collectables store (local owned by a friend))
Fave music [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]oohhhh ur gona get it now... Everyhting from all american rejects to Zappa, Frank (no rap or country, but folk all the way, GO NIEL YOUNG)

What you can't stand:my third personality (i hate her so much)
What you plain dislike: Smokers and drinkers (well not drinkers, there funny)
Who you admire: Niel Peart (Drummer for Rush, he inspired me to live my life to the fullest, he lost his wift to cancer and then his daughter died in a car accident not a month later)
What you most love to do: Talk to myself (I wanted to answer that one, To Bad I Answered It)
Your self-confessed flaws: I TALK TO MYSELF... NOT ENOUGH
What intrigues/fascinates you: the Normals
What scares you: Those little things that hold thr toys into the packages
Quotation to live by: Oh great, im talking to myself again"

Additional comments: These questions were answered by personalities 4,26,14, and 6-9
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 01:19 PM   #40
aragornreborn
Wight

aragornreborn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): aragornreborn (well, here, anyway)
Future Aspirations: Too many to mention. First and foremost to obey and honor God. Second, to be the best husband and father I can be (when the time comes). Third, to treat everyone I come in contact with with love and respect. Fourth, to make a difference in the world for God. Fifth, to write.
Goal in life: See above
Short term goals: To get better at all of the above.
Passion: God. To get better at all of the above. Also, music, communication, family, friends, and truth.
Hobbies: Reading, writing, the outdoors, travel, and having fun with friends.

Fave book: Bible. Some things by JRR Tolkien. Some things by CS Lewis. All the classics.
Fave movie: FOTR, TTT, and ROTK (I know it will be in the list)
Fave sport: Soccer
Fave store: Don't have one
Fave music: Christian, easy listening, classical, country, pop, many movie soundtracks, and a hodge podge of others.

What you can't stand: I can stand anything lies and agression.
What you plain dislike: Nothing
Who you admire: Jesus, my parents, and a few friends.
What you most love to do: See Future Aspirations and Hobbies
Your self-confessed flaws: Pride, stubborness, lack of self-control, and laziness come to mind right away...
What intrigues/fascinates you: God and people
What scares you: the possibility for me to dishonor God and for hurt to befall those I care for
Quotation to live by: "And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest is love."

Additional comments: Take care of yourself, take care of others, always seek the truth, and have fun!

[ September 16, 2003: Message edited by: aragornreborn ]
At the name of Jesus every knee should bow and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. - Phil. 2:10-11
aragornreborn is offline   Reply With Quote