The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2017, 05:35 PM   #561
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Actually the biggest submarine is poor sick Shasta...(16 posts) followed by Sally and Brinn (22 each). Eomer is fourth lowest living poster with 32.
I don't know, I would argue that Sally is the biggest submarine. While Shasta may have less posts, I feel like his at least have more content than hers.

EDIT: X-post...and coincidentally Sally has posted some more content.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:37 PM   #562
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Legate I still feel that he's evil. I know I haven't given any real argument towards that being the case, and I apologize for being so very lackluster.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:39 PM   #563
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
If we think the Dead communicated to us then Zil was innocent. Of the Zil band-wagon there are three alive toDay: Nerwen, Boro and Eönwe.

YesterDay two of these, Nerwen and Eönwe, voted for an innocent person trying seriously to get the ball rolling - and they have continued with the same target toDay. You naturally do not know this target's innocence, but I do.

If I was the EW, I would have chosen people like Brinn or Lalaith if looking for easy-going trustworthy wolves, or then maybe Nerwen for more effect. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when have you seen one of these to be lynched early in the game? A submarine is oftentimes a safe bet as well as they tend to be seldom lynched (there's always a "better" candidate).

I see one name popping out from all the three situations...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:40 PM   #564
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

All right

Wizards: Nerwen & Brinniel

Wolves/Gifteds: (Loslote), Boro, Lalaith, Shasta, Sally, Legate

Poor little ordos: Eonwe, Nogrod, and me.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:44 PM   #565
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I'm gonna guess both Nogrod and Legate are around and willing to lynch Boro?
Old 07-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #566
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
My top suspects for lynching are Legate and Eonwe. Legate for reasons I stated earlier toDay and my opinion of Eonwe has not changed since yesterDay.

Nogrod is another I'm still considering, but I'm feeling slightly hesitant about him.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:47 PM   #567
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Of course, we're all in the same group (with Lalaith) if the Dead want to indicate that Loslote was predator - does that matter?
Old 07-17-2017, 05:47 PM   #568
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I kind of doubted Boro would be a wolf, but then someone made a fair point: after seeing that he survived the D1-stuff the EW realised he'd sail through and turned him.

Like said, I'm not sure it is a great reason to vote for someone, but it is reason, especially if one thinks the person acts fishy or oddly anyway.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:50 PM   #569
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm all for lynching Eönwe, not that much for Legate - I have doubts on everyone, naturally, but nothing special towards him (his latest posts have seem okay to me).
Old 07-17-2017, 05:53 PM   #570
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I am obviously not opposed to lynching Boro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Of course, we're all in the same group (with Lalaith) if the Dead want to indicate that Loslote was predator - does that matter?
Well if so, vote-wise it doesn't matter, and then the narration will tell who of us was empowered in such case, but it does not really make a difference in terms of votes.

EDIT: x-ed with Nog
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:53 PM   #571
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Steve

I'm more comfortable with him than Nog or Legate at this point, and I think this could be a safe shot at a redirection of the lynch. I certainly feel better about this than throwing behind one of the other current trains.

x'd with Legate
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:53 PM   #572
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Stupid or not, I'll vote in time and open a third choice.

++ Boro

Eönwe -> Nogrod
Nerwen -> Nogrod 2
Boro -> Legate
Shasta -> Legate 2
Sally -> Eönwe
Nogrod -> Boro

EDIT: X'd with Sally... hmm...
Old 07-17-2017, 05:54 PM   #573
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

++boro
Old 07-17-2017, 05:54 PM   #574
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Of course, if this ends up as a huge tie, I'll be very cross with myself.

x'd with Nog and Eomer
Old 07-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #575
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Now this got interesting then...
Old 07-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #576
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ok, I don't know what to do.
Nogs was ringing alarm bells all over the place for me yesterDay at DL and i was, at the time, thinking "oh my goodness what is this, I am so going to push for a lynch if I survive the night". (Well I thought something along those lines but I've cleaned it up as we can't cuss on the Downs) And what is worrying me is that he keeps explaining why he missed the deadline but hasn't explained why he needed to wait *until* the deadline

I would still be up for voting to lynch Boro. Particularly as he said he wasn't going to be weird anymore and then his vote for Legate was really weird.

Eomer I voted for on Day 2 but then other people started worrying me more: he is being very insouciant and genial at the moment and that's nice, but I wonder if I was wrong to take my eye off him. Nobody else seems to suspect him though.

And then there's Eonwe. He's like one of those pictures where you don't know if you see a vase or two faces...one minute I look and see innocence, the next I totally see why Brinn was gunning for him.

I do not think Legate is guilty and won't vote for him. I am totally at sea about Nogs. I fear I will regret whatever I do.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:56 PM   #577
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ok, let's just do it.

++Boro

EDIT: xed with Nog and Lal
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 07-17-2017, 05:56 PM   #578
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++ Boro
Old 07-17-2017, 05:56 PM   #579
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The Dead will be very happy indeed.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:56 PM   #580
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

++Eonwe

EDIT: X-ed since #576
Old 07-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #581
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Highlight!
Old 07-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #582
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

My sweet Boro! What have you done?

Well, if I'm right and the lynch doesn't go through, at least we'll know.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #583
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

yes I know, I know, I've just gone back and done it!
*flustered*
Old 07-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #584
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

This should be correct?

Eönwe -> Nogrod
Nerwen -> Nogrod 2
Boro -> Legate
Shasta -> Legate 2
Nogrod -> Boro
Eomer -> Boro 2
Legate -> Boro 3
Lalaith -> Boro 4
Brinn -> Eönwe
Old 07-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #585
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

You missed mine, which makes it....

Eönwe -> Nogrod
Nerwen -> Nogrod 2
Boro -> Legate
Shasta -> Legate 2
Sally -> Steve
Nogrod -> Boro
Eomer -> Boro 2
Legate -> Boro 3
Lalaith -> Boro 4
Brinn -> Steve 2

That means it's Boro regardless of empowerment, right?
Old 07-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #586
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Ok, was that everyone voting? Probably was.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #587
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

This was even more sudden than yesterDay's voting even if it took place a few minutes earlier.

Well, let's hope it went well. I kind of have a feeling we might have done good.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #588
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Deadline

The Deadline has come.

Please stop posting.

Narration to follow.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #589
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Lord Kuru, we beg you, appear! *throws glitter and bone dust*

x'd with the mod due to internet hiccups. Curses, foiled again!
Old 07-17-2017, 06:01 PM   #590
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Oh Dead! Though you hate and envy we Living, please send us a gift!
Old 07-17-2017, 06:28 PM   #591
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots NIGHT Five

It was a busy DAY among the guests.

Except for the hours long pauses where they just sat and stared at each other.

Then they would burst into frantic activity...and then stop.

Shastanis Althreduin suddenly leapt to his feet and cried, "I FEEL STRANGELY EMPOWERED!"

"That's nice, dear," said one of the other guests.

"Let's kill Boro," suddenly piped up one.

"Good idea," said another.

"He's wanted to die for ages," agreed a third.

"But I'm not invoking the magic words," said Boro. "I don't want to die now."

"Too bad!"

*grab*

"But...wait, waaaaaait! I don't want to die now! I have a plan...

CLUNK!!!

Those who were expecting something weird to happen were surely disappointed as his head sheared off and rolled away across the ground.

"Oh well, he's in a better place," said an oddly cheerful voice.

Those who knew his head would sheer off were mad with glee.

Living
Nerwen
Shastanis Althreduin
satansaloser2005
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Lalaith
Legate of Amon Lanc
Eönwë
Nogrod
Brinniel

The Dead
Morsul the Dark
Inziladun
Thinlómien
Loslote
Mithalwen
Boromir88

Escaped
Pervinca Took (Ordo)
Old 07-17-2017, 09:12 PM   #592
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots An Announcement

The Deadline for the start of the next day will be two hours earlier at 6:00 PM US Eastern.

I have a work meeting tomorrow evening and will not be able to post at the usual time.

I'm quite sorry about this, but there is no help for it.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:00 PM   #593
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots DAY Five

bzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzz booOOOOOoop *fizzle*

"Can you believe this?!" came a voice.

That was the only noise in the NIGHT.

Suddenly, dawn came suspiciously early. Surely that couldn't portend anything.

The guests gathered round the guillotine.

As was expected by this point, their number was reduced by one.

No more Nogrod.

In spite of his absence, this promised to be a most interesting DAY.

Living
Nerwen
Shastanis Althreduin
satansaloser2005
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Lalaith
Legate of Amon Lanc
Eönwë
Brinniel

The Dead
Morsul the Dark
Inziladun
Thinlómien
Loslote
Mithalwen
Boromir88
Nogrod

Escaped
Pervinca Took (Ordo)
Old 07-18-2017, 04:12 PM   #594
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

This gets stranger and stranger. And scarier. What are all these noises meant to mean?

Well, it looks like Nogs was innocent after all, so I'm glad we didn't lynch him.
I've been thinking about what the Dead are trying to tell us (apart from the rather depressing fact that Lottie was innocent, as well). They seem to like the votes for Eonwe and Legate.
Also, if we are all still here - are we innocents still in a small majority? (5 versus 3, in that case?)
Or can the game not end until there is a Duel?
Old 07-18-2017, 05:10 PM   #595
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

1420!

Curiouser and curiouser. I need a drink....
Old 07-18-2017, 06:57 PM   #596
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I would not have expected the wolves to kill Nogrod, that's for sure.

Will try to do an actual coherent post-analysis at some point today on Legate.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #597
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I would not have expected the wolves to kill Nogrod, that's for sure.

Will try to do an actual coherent post-analysis at some point today on Legate.
They must have thought he was a gifted/ the GW. It certainly isn't a no-trace kill, and it doesn't make sense as a frame.

...And now you know why I kept getting cold feet about voting him, even though he was really acting awfully suspicious. I've seen Nog get obsessed like that as an innocent (and as a wolf).
Old 07-18-2017, 08:08 PM   #598
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
This gets stranger and stranger. And scarier. What are all these noises meant to mean?

Well, it looks like Nogs was innocent after all, so I'm glad we didn't lynch him.
I've been thinking about what the Dead are trying to tell us (apart from the rather depressing fact that Lottie was innocent, as well). They seem to like the votes for Eonwe and Legate.
Also, if we are all still here - are we innocents still in a small majority? (5 versus 3, in that case?)
Or can the game not end until there is a Duel?
Wasn't it clarified that it still works like a normal game, in that respect?

About the Dead- I think they make their decision as to whom to empower during the Day, don't they? So likely before all the votes are in. Or were those early votes?
Old 07-19-2017, 12:27 AM   #599
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
They must have thought he was a gifted/ the GW. It certainly isn't a no-trace kill, and it doesn't make sense as a frame.
I wondered if they killed him as a scry - they might have wondered if he was the GW.
The wolves have, I suppose, two goes at a GW scry each Night - if they try to turn or kill the GW they get told they've found him/her, right?
Old 07-19-2017, 12:52 AM   #600
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
I wondered if they killed him as a scry - they might have wondered if he was the GW.
The wolves have, I suppose, two goes at a GW scry each Night - if they try to turn or kill the GW they get told they've found him/her, right?
Well, the target's failure to die would convey that anyway.

Was the site down for anyone else?