Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2003, 01:59 PM   #121
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My post is up. If you wanted me to finish the fight in my post, I'll add something to the end of it. I can't go ahead with my next post because I don't know how Erfalas is going to be injured.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:15 PM   #122
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

Elentari- check your PMs.

Nova
Old 11-04-2003, 03:23 PM   #123
Enif
Pile O'Bones

Enif has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Enif
Sting

Ok I got really bad news. It seems that I'm going to be without my computer for a whole month so I guess you might as well kill my character... Sorry about that
Old 11-05-2003, 04:52 AM   #124
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I am going to post for Erkaliel - Enif's character.

The first post is done.

[ November 05, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 11-05-2003, 05:32 AM   #125
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Great Pio! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Okay, my post for Jack (Erfalas) is finished.

Elentari- you are free to post, and heal him... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It's just a twisted ankle though.

Nova
Old 11-05-2003, 03:28 PM   #126
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Great one, Elentari!

Okay, my post is up (the 11th)

However, I am still missing a post from Nilpaurion. Please fill your save, (which Oro made for you) as soon as possible.

Thank you!

For further notes concerning planning and such, will be up in the nearest future.

Nova
Old 11-07-2003, 03:14 AM   #127
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Hey! Sorry for the long disappearance. Who thought I'll be assigned to something long-term? Anywhen, I can't craft my post now, but that save will be filled up before Monday morning(Monday afternoon, PST) Namarië! And forgive me. It's hard to live a normal life(well, being obsessed to LotR is hardly what I call normal life... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) considering what I do.

Later days! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
->banakil on mumakil
Old 11-07-2003, 05:17 AM   #128
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

That's alright.
Looking forwards to see your post on Monday; and do not forget to check the list. The list that says what you're going to write about, page 3 on this thread. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2003, 03:20 PM   #129
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Okay.. Here is the basic storyline for the continuing days...

Group 1
Dunaire - Elennar Starfire
Erfalas - Jack (Currently played by Novnarwen.)
Arilewen - Tinuviel of Denton
Imthôlion -ElentariGreenleaf,

This group must get back to the camp. They will find that the is camp just how it was when they were attacked. Nothing is missing. The members in the groups draws the conclusion that the others have either perished, lost their way, or tried to get down from the mountains. They will look around, (no more thick fog.. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) and they will find traces. Group one decides to follow them, they discover that there are four pairs, blah blah.. Just improvise..

Group number two:

Tanroth - Novnarwen
Rostion - Nilpaurion Felagund
Firiel - Orofaniel
Solondil - Elfwine
Erkaliel - Piosenniel

Tanroth & co comes down from the mountains. They decide to take a rest until sunrise. (They have walked down from the mountains in night..)

That's basically it for now.. More will come up soon, very soon. We are already a bit behind schedule, so we don't mind if not everyone posts. Those who do posts, must carry the story line, such as written above. To make this run smoothly, we would need posters from both groups.

Those who don't post now, should definitely post later on.. (We'll post new instructions on this thread very soon, so please post as soon as possible.)

Nilpaurion- We'll be expecting your post then! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And, it's really up to each of you to get this to work. Now let's get this rolling.

Any questions?

Thanks,
Nova
Old 11-09-2003, 09:41 PM   #130
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Here's my post now...Thanks for your patience...

"We are under attack! We are under attack!" The cry broke the silence of the camp. Erfalas was seen running back towards the camp, where he chanced upon Rostion, who was dozing uneasily. He woke the Elf up, and rushed on to the others. Rostion immediately heard familiar cries. Orcs! he thought, and went on over to Firiel.

Now this was the manner of their camp. The ground is heavily covered with trees and tall shrubs, except for two paths; one leading East to Lorien, where Erfalas was heading for; and the other winding Northwest to Dimrill Dale, where Tanroth was holding off the Orcs. Rostion rushed to Firiel, and attempted to wake her up.

"Wake up, Firiel. You have to wake up."

[ November 09, 2003: Message edited by: Nilpaurion Felagund ]
Old 11-10-2003, 02:46 AM   #131
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Nilpaurion - your post is on the game.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:37 AM   #132
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Nice post Nilpaurion!

Okay, I have made a save, which I will fill in very soon. I will do it as a wrap up mountain scene for both groups, since both Tanroth and Erfalas are currently under my 'control..' [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Thanks!

Nova

[ November 10, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]
Old 11-10-2003, 08:14 AM   #133
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

The Eye

Nice post Nilpaurion [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I've now filled my 'save'. That post describes when group no1 decides to go down from the mountains instead of looking for the others. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Then I wrote one more post, after Nova's about Erfalas. That's just a continuing-story-thingy after the mountain climbing.

Group 2
One or more of you should do a post when they find the camp untouched, and what they decide to do. (Which is obvious.) And maybe you should write a night-scene where you just go to bed and decide what to do the following morning.(Which also is obvious.)

So No2. Start posting, because group No1. is now going to bed.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And, just post the posts here on the dicussion thread, and Nova will paste it for you into Nova's save about Erfalas. She has already written about when group No.2 starts going down the mountain.

EDIT: Nova, you'll do the wrap up scene after my last post for Firiel, right?

[ November 10, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]
Old 11-10-2003, 08:19 AM   #134
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Okay, I have set up a save in the middle of my last post. Writers from group 1 are welcome to cover what I have written in bold. Please set the post at the discussion thread, and I'll post it up for you.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oro, the wrap up scene was supposed to be before the last post of yours. I didn't know you split your post in two. I'll make another save though! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nova [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ November 10, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]
Old 11-10-2003, 08:23 AM   #135
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Pipe

Okay, I didn't know. I just had to spilt up the post. Sorry, my mistake... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2003, 01:56 AM   #136
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Bringing this forward:

1.) Lorien over the Redhorn Pass (in the Misty Mountains – the Elves would call it them the Hithaeglir; they are right on the western border of Lorien) and turning a little south to where the Sirranon River comes out from beneath the mountains.

~*~ DONE ~*~

2.) Along the Sirannon River and a little south to Tharbad a little town where the Old North-South Road crosses the Greyflood River (the Gwathló River in Elven)

225 miles – Along the river just before it reaches the Greyflood is an abandoned Elven city – Ost-in-Edhel, the capitol of a great Elven Nation of the 2nd Age. It was destroyed by Sauron long, long ago, But it was where Celebrimbor and the Mirdain (the Elven Jewel smiths) forged the Great Rings of Power. If anyone has more information about Ost-in-Edhel, I suggest either that you post your info on this thread or PM it to me, so I can make a summary. In that way we'll all have some clues regarding the city's history etc. It's so much easier to describe stuff you know something about. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

3.) From Tharbad you can travel northwest along a road to Michel Delving, in the Shire. You will be in the Western part of the Shire, called the Westfarthing; Michel Delving is its main town. The same counts for Michel Delving; the information should be placed here or by PMing it to me.

140 miles

4.) At Michel Delving you can pick up The Great East Road and head west on it going all the way to The Tower Hill (Emyn Beraid in Elven); Here there were built great Elven Towers that looked to the sea. One of them held a palantir, The Stone of Elostirion, which Gandalf and the other Ring-bearers took back to the blessed lands, Aman, on the Ring-bearers White Ship.

FYI: Valinor is the central portion of the continent of Aman.

75 miles.

5.) From the Tower Hills to the Grey Havens and the Ships to Aman

50 miles

So your total, give or take a few miles is roughly 600 miles of travel

Walking clocks in at about 2.5mph (I’m thinking the untiring Elves could cover a good 25 miles per day)

I don’t think you could take horses over the Redhorn Pass. We will pick up horses in Tharbad!

At a gallop, quality horses can get about 7mph (Dunadain horses) – they can’t gallop for a long period of time.

I would give the Elves 1 1/2 to 2 months travel time.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:48 AM   #137
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Okay, I have filled two of my saves. If anyone wants to fill ina post in between, you are welcome to do so. This counts especially for my post, posted on November 10th.

The last post is under construction. I'll cover the road from down beneath the mountains to Tharbad.

Okay, thanks!

Nova
Old 11-14-2003, 04:59 PM   #138
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Sting

I've set up a 'save' that will bring the elves to Tharbad. This would probably be a journey on 7-10 days in total, but we have to more on quickly so I'll post a 10-er. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'll fill it in as soon as possible.

Thanks Nova for briniging us as far as you have.

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2003, 10:48 AM   #139
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Jack has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Ok peoples Im back! Yah!! it will probably take me until tomorrow to read everything but on sunday I WILL post!
Thank you people for being so nice to me...
Have a happy day
Jack
Old 11-15-2003, 12:46 PM   #140
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Welcome back, Jack! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And please note I am posting now as Erkaliel, Enif's character.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:13 PM   #141
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Nova and Jack

I've taken us up to the edge of the marshes just past Ost-in-Edhil. It is a place the Elves called Nîn-in-Eilph (Swanfleet), where there were once great flocks of swans who lived there.

If the group looks back east they would see the Hithaeglir, the Misty Mountains that we crossed from Lorien.

NIN-IN-EILPH

Erkaliel has pointed out two swans to Tanroth and Erfalas.

From the marshes we should turn southwest - we will come to Tharbad (mostly deserted now - but I'm sure there are still Men living about the area who would sell us horses), where the Old North-South Road crosses the River Mitheithel and leads up into the western part of the Shire.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:34 AM   #142
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

The Eye

Okay, since you've written that we have passed Ost-in- Edhil, I'll just write about our arrival in Tharbad in a 'save' after your last post, Pio.

I'll bring us to Tharbad today. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

EDIT: DONE! My post is finished. (There may be some 'editing' later.)

[ November 16, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]
Old 11-16-2003, 08:29 AM   #143
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Please remember - all out of character comments go on the discussion thread - not on your game posts.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 11-16-2003, 02:28 PM   #144
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Tolkien

Who did my post? Oro? Who ever did you did a GREAT job!!! Thank you! Ok what happened to Enif? anyway... thats nice...

Jack
Old 11-16-2003, 03:09 PM   #145
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Sting

Jack- No, actually it was Nova who wrote five wonderful posts for you character. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Okay everyone.
On Monday or Tuesday me or Nova will put up a list again over "events". So until then please feel free to do a short Tharbad-arrival post, or whatever you want to, it is up to your creativity. But remember we ain't goin' nowhere before we've gotten horses [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].....I'll get back to the horses when I've set up the list. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 12:45 PM   #146
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

The Eye

Storyline for the next days:

Nova- You'll take us to an old Inn. We'll eat there and be "merry".
Everyone should post a small Inn post here.

Next morning- We'll pick up horses at an old stable nearby the Inn. The stable is owned by an old man, who still lives in Tharbad. There has been an agreement between Galadriel and the man that Tanroth would pick up horses here.
Everyone, pelase be ready for a big surprise.......

Meanwhile you can post about this: characters at the Inn, eating, sleeping, talking. Whatever you see fit.

~*~

I think we'll manage to do this by the weekend.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:32 AM   #147
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

My post is finally finished. Sorry it took so long. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, everyone is welcome to post a 'good night' post or something. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nova
Old 11-19-2003, 10:58 AM   #148
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Erkaliel is sitting at a table with a bottle of wine - bring a glass and join her! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 11:32 AM   #149
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Tolkien

I'll do it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'll set up a 'save' and fill it tomorrow. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 12:38 PM   #150
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Tolkien

Bad stuff! My computer is freaking out and won't let me link up. It is a miracle I got on today! So you can kill my character 'cause I have been bad and haven't read every thing I should have...
Sorry
and hopefully I'll get this worked out!

Jack
Old 11-19-2003, 07:30 PM   #151
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Um...How did Dunaire become female? I see a lot of 'she's in some of those posts, not referring to Arilewen or Firiel or Erkaliel.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:35 PM   #152
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

So is Jack not coming back to play?

If so, does someone want to carry his character - or shall we all just carry along his character in mentions in our posts.

Or? Do you want him to be a casualty of some misfortune?
Old 11-19-2003, 10:26 PM   #153
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Perhaps someone should assist poor Erkaliel up to her bed. The poor thing will have a hard time riding tomorrow, I think. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 02:32 PM   #154
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

The Eye

Quote:
So is Jack not coming back to play?
If so, does someone want to carry his character - or shall we all just carry along his character in mentions in our posts.

Or? Do you want him to be a casualty of some misfortune?
I don't think we have an "opportunity" to kill him off right now. So, I think we should just drag him along as we go, which means that we don't need one person only, to play his character.

Is that Okay with everyone? ;D

~*~
I've also filled half my Inn post, it's under construction. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2003, 03:16 PM   #155
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Jack's character:- Everyone must remember to bring Erfalas along. Neither me or Oro can find a place in the RPG, where it's suitable to kill him off....

Everyone- In my last post, I have written that Firiel, Rostion and Imthôlion, leave the Inn to go and get the horses. This means that Erfalas, Erkaliel, Dunaire, Arilewen and Solondil are still at the Inn, waiting for the others and 'collecting' (hehe) food for the journey ahead.

Oro- will set up a post about the confusion in the stable. Elentari and Nilpaurion, are also welcome to set up a post here.

The others: should post about packing up, preparing to leave. You may also describe how 'wonderful' it will be now, when they have horses. In that way, the disappointement, when Tanroth & co comes back will be greater! (Since they've only got 7 horses and the company has nine members!)

Everyone- I would like to see some posts up by Monday. If not, I can save spots. Anyways, by Monday we must get moving! We have loads to do and little time!

Also, prepare for two new characters coming up! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Any questions?

Nova [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2003, 02:05 PM   #156
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Elennar Starfire- Sorry about the confusion, whether you character is female or male. I'll edit my posts. This is really embarrassing... Sorry yet again. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Everyone- I have set up a save, and I hope some of you are willing to fill it. Even though there is only one, it doesn't mean that only one can fill it. Just put the post up on this thread, and I will put them up on the game thread afterwards. We would really like to see some posts, coming up these days!

My latest post is still under construction, and it will be filled as soon as Oro and hopefully some of you has filled the save, and I'll make the last part a wrap up scene.

By the way who is willing to sit two on one horse???

Rostion and Firiel are going to sit on one horse, but we need two others as well!

Questions?

Cheers,
Nova

[ November 24, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]
Old 11-24-2003, 02:24 PM   #157
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What about Imthôlion and someone? I don't know who... Erfalas or Arilewen perhaps?
Old 11-24-2003, 02:27 PM   #158
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Yeah, that would work I guess... Imthôlion and Erfalas perhaps? No one is going to write for Erfalas, so I guess that would be quite okay.

That's settled then! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (Right?)

Nova
Old 11-24-2003, 02:44 PM   #159
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

The Eye

Here is my post Nova. Please paste it for me. You know where it should be pasted, right? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

"But it says..." Tanroth said in a tin voice to the man. Firiel nodded. "Yes, it says that we should have nine horses, sinces we are a company of nine elves." Firiel explained to the man.

"Yes, but you've already picked up two of 'em." The man replied, now seeming a bit grumpy about the whole case. They weren't going to fool him, what did they think? That he was stupid? Oh, no. There had already been two elves picking up two horses.

"What?" Firiel and Tanroth said at the same time, both seeming very surprised over what Garton said. "Two people picked up horses earlier!" Garton said irritated.

"Earlier? When?" Firiel asked again. "I don't know exactly when it was. It was probably 2-3 days ago. It was very dark that evening so I didn't see the two persons properly. They just said that they had "ordered" horses, and I gave them to 'em." Garton said now turning away from the elves. He seemed even more irritated.

"What are we going to do now?" Firiel sighed. She looked at Tanroth then at Rostion. Rostion and Imthôlinon hadn't said much yet; they seemed to be in deep thought.

"Let’s get back to the Inn, tell the others about the situation, and then return to pick up the horses." Imthôlion said.

"No, I think we should just take the horses that are left and then go to back to the Inn. WE cannot afford to loose more horses than we already have. There might be someone "stealing" them as wel, if we leave them behind. I do think that seven horses are better than nothing...." Rostion said. Firil nodded, and expressed that she agreed with her husband.

"Okay, then. We'll do as Rostion suggestion. Seven horses are indeed, better than none at all. We will certainly be a bit delayed though...."Tanroth said and gave a short sigh. "Let us not waste anymore time here. Let us go back to the Inn." Tanroth added.

Garton gave them the horses that were left. He still seemed grumpy and irritated, even though Firiel didn't really have a reason too. It was them that had lost two precious horses. It meant even more delay....She was doubt that they would even reach the Grey Haven before the ship left.

"Who took our horses?" Firiel asked suddenly. The three men that were walking beside her looked at her with great eyes. Tanroth gave a short laugh. "I really haven't thought about that until now, when you mentioned it, Firiel." Tanroth said.

"Maybe some Rangers that have been in town or a coupe of nights....." Imthôlion said, knowing that the possibility of that was small. "Well, we can't exclude anything.." Imthôlion added when Tanroth looked at him. Imthôlion then shrugged, and asked if the others had any theories.

Tanroth didn't say anything for a long time; he seemed troubled though, and upset because of the two missing horses.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Thanks! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 10:40 AM November 26, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]
Old 11-25-2003, 07:46 AM   #160
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Oro- Your post is up! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

My post is done as well.

Please feel free to take us further on the road and out of Tharbad.

Quote:
1.) Lorien over the Redhorn Pass (in the Misty Mountains – the Elves would call it them the Hithaeglir; they are right on the western border of Lorien) and turning a little south to where the Sirranon River comes out from beneath the mountains:

75 miles – this would be a difficult passage – snowy, stormy and all – possibly a few orcs. Good for a little battle and some Elven fortitude and skill with sword and bow This scene are we definitely going to have. I'll come back to this later. In the mean time you should prepare, practise your battle skills.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

2.) Along the Sirannon River and a little south to Tharbad a little town where the Old North-South Road crosses the Greyflood River (the Gwathló River in Elven)
DONE

225 miles – Along the river just before it reaches the Greyflood is an abandoned Elven city – Ost-in-Edhel, the capitol of a great Elven Nation of the 2nd Age. It was destroyed by Sauron long, long ago, But it was where Celebrimbor and the Mirdain (the Elven Jewel smiths) forged the Great Rings of Power. If anyone has more information about Ost-in-Edhel, I suggest either that you post your info on this thread or PM it to me, so I can make a summary. In that way we'll all have some clues regarding the city's history etc. It's so much easier to describe stuff you know something about. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
DONE

Remaining......
3.) From Tharbad you can travel northwest along a road to Michel Delving, in the Shire. You will be in the Western part of the Shire, called the Westfarthing; Michel Delving is its main town. The same counts for Michel Delving; the information should be placed here or by PMing it to me.

140 miles

4.) At Michel Delving you can pick up The Great East Road and head west on it going all the way to The Tower Hill (Emyn Beraid in Elven); Here there were built great Elven Towers that looked to the sea. One of them held a palantir, The Stone of Elostirion, which Gandalf and the other Ring-bearers took back to the blessed lands, Aman, on the Ring-bearers White Ship.

FYI: Valinor is the central portion of the continent of Aman.

75 miles.

4.) From the Tower Hills to the Grey Havens and the Ships to Aman

50 miles

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So your total, give or take a few miles is roughly 600 miles of travel

Walking clocks in at about 2.5mph (I’m thinking the untiring Elves could cover a good 25 miles per day)

I don’t think you could take horses over the Redhorn Pass. We will pick up horses in Tharbad!

At a gallop, quality horses can get about 7mph (Dunadain horses) – they can’t gallop for a long period of time.

I would give the Elves 1 1/2 to 2 months travel time.
Nice, huh? If it's a bit confusing, take a look at this Map (Yes, Pio gave me this too.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])
There will be two new characters involved, hopefully, by Thursday. We are not going to say anything more about them now, you'll have to wait. Mwhahaha [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ November 25, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]