The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2014, 11:47 AM   #361
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
My stats are in serious need of updating, when I find the time for it.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:08 PM   #362
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
That's because we have awesome players here. Or maybe we just enjoy being evil.
That probably has something to do with it. Downers also seem to vary the games quite frequently which lends unfamiliarity to the proceedings which I think tends to favor the predators. Also, I think since we are not playing in person here the predators do not have physical tells to worry about.

Quote:
I'm glad you bumped this thread because it looks like I've only posted once - in 2008, after just eight games. I may have to go through my games again once I have a better machine than my phone at hand.
All in a day's work for the Lord High Scorekeeper.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #363
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Aha! Such a good thing that I updated my little WW Excel chart with all my notes and stats, and now this thread gets bumped...

Total games: 12
% games won: 42%
% games won as goodie: 50%
% games won as baddie: 0%
% of games in which I consider my personal performance successful: 58%

By role:
Ordo: 4 games (2 wins, 2 successful - note: not the same 2 games)
Seer: 3 games (1 win, 3 successful - the 2 losses were very close, and I was still quite satisfied with my performance)
Ranger: 2 games (2 wins, 1 successful)
Hunter: 1 game (0 wins, 0 successful. It was the time I committed suicide at 1am local time on Day2 very noisily, as Boro and Nerwen may remember)
Wolf: 2 games (0 wins, 1 successful - these were my 1st and 3rd games, no wonder...)

Interesting notes:

I was an ordo most often, as is expected. However, I was an ordo only 33% of my games, which is a very low statistic for an average village.

I was the Seer in 25% of my games (the chance of being the Seer in one game is 8%, and that with a pretty small village). This is ridiculous. This is probably where all my ordo percentages are being eaten up. Evidently, I am best at this role as it is the only one with 100% satisfaction.

I have been the Ranger and Wolf the same amount of times (17%), which is odd considering that there are usually three wolves and no more than one Ranger. In fact, I haven't been evil since my third game (and yet you've lynched me 4 times since then - that's 44%! But one of those lynches was a lost race between the already known wolves and innocents, so I don't suppose it counts. )

The Hunter is the lowest in all statistics. I've been one the least times (aside from cobbler and lover, which I've never been), had the least wins (zero, tied with wolf) and no satisfaction .

Now, when I play a score or so more games, I wonder if the stats will level out...
Old 07-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #364
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh, stats? This looks like fun. I'll list mine too.

Seven games. An ordo four times, a wolf twice, and a hunter once. I have never been killed any earlier than Night 4 in any game. I've been on the losing side twice, and the winning side five times, but have only survived the game twice - once as a wolf, and once as an ordo.

1. XCVII: Werewolves in the Westfold.
Ordo. Killed by a wolf on Night 5. Wolf victory.

2. XCVIII: Death at the Foot of Taniquetil
Wolf. Lynched on Day 4. Village victory.

3. C - The Father Christmas Murders
Ordo. Survived! Village victory.

4. CI - Mutton yesterDay, mutton toDay and mutton toMorrow
Ordo (troll). Killed by a wizard on Night 7. Village victory.

5. CIII: Big Magic in Middle Earth Arcane Encampment
Hunter (Pact Mage). Killed on Night 4, and took down a wolf. Village victory.

6. CV: They Should Make a Movie About This!
Wolf (moviephile). Survived! Wolf victory.

7. CVI: Tol-in-Westeros
Ordo. Killed by a bear on Night 4. Village (and Lovers) victory.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:38 PM   #365
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Silmaril

So I actually just went through all my games with my phone (go to bed Agan) to reach the following statistics: of all the 26-ish games I've played, I've been a villain in over a third.

Also, it's two years since I last played. I'll have to do something about this.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #366
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
... only survived the game twice - once as a wolf, and once as an ordo.
Speaking of which, ditto! I also only survived 2 games - Lottie's Quest For More Money (Ordo) and Lottie's Christmas Murders (Seer). Who knows, maybe I was bribing Lottie all that time...

(I'm still incredibly surprised I still survived that final Night as the Seer, though...)

Quote:
Also, it's two years since I last played. I'll have to do something about this.
Yeeeeeeeesssss......
Old 07-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #367
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots So I've been thinking today...

For those who have played both on the internet and in person, do you have a preference in mode?

I much prefer playing Werewolf on the internet because you can put so much more thought into it and to me it feels more balanced. When I've played in person the game tends to degenerate into chaos that almost inevitably ends with a victorious village. It gets very frustrating if you are a wolf.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:47 PM   #368
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Speaking of which, ditto! I also only survived 2 games - Lottie's Quest For More Money (Ordo) and Lottie's Christmas Murders (Seer). Who knows, maybe I was bribing Lottie all that time...
Shhhh, we don't talk about that.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:25 AM   #369
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
XLII: The Meaning of Life Forever
Cobbler, won. Got lynched on the last day. Voted for myself to seal it. Not bad for my first game on the site.

XLIII: Mist on the Barrow-Downs
Wolf, won. Survived until the end backing up Legate.

XLIV: In the House of Tom Bombadil
Villager, lost. Got lynched on day 2.

XLV: The Fellowship of Saruman
Villager, won. Survived to the end.

XLVII: Dueling Wizards II
Innocent, withdrew because of time constraints. Village won.

L: Battle of the Fandoms
Villager, lost. Lynched Day 5 as I proceeded to make myself look much more terrible than I should have. Macalaure played a hell of a solo game to pull of the wolf win.

LII: Star-Crossed II: Together in Eternity
One of the Lovers with Greenie. Lost when I got lynched. This game was nuts with the roles. Two pairs of lovers who are each out to kill, and who die if their pair dies? That's fairly standard. A seer-cobbler who dies if she dreams of her lover, the ranger-cobbler? A seer-ranger, and an ordinary ranger on top of it? That's absolutely crazy.

LIII: The Republic
Villager, lost. Got killed by the wolves Night 3.

LXI: Grimm Tales
Robber Bridegroom (read cobbler), won. Survived to the end and didn't even need to vote myself on the last day. My secondary goal was to kidnap three princesses. I got Greenie myself, and the other two were taken care for me. Victory on all fronts. Probably the most fun game I've played.

LXII: Dead Men Do Tell Tales
Innocent, lost. Got lynched Day 1. Some games are boring like that, and it's ok.

LXIII: The Cottage of Lost Play
Seer, first and only time. Fenris'd Fea, but was forced into revealing on Day 1 and was killed on Night 3. Lost the game on a coin flip, so in my head I call this one a draw.

LXVI: The Night Guard
Ranger, lost. I had no idea who to protect and spent the game blundering around, just to get played in the literal last minute to organize a bandwagon against a villager instead of a wolf.

LXIX: Meeting at the House of Usher
Wolf, won. Got lynched to provide cover for the rest of the pack.

XC: Lord of the Rings 2: The Quest for More Money
Villager, won. Got lynched Day 2.

LXXXVII: The Valley Forge
Villager, won. Survived to the end.

XCV: Meeting at the Town Cobbler
Villager, won. Killed by the wolves on Night one, which is what I want to happen as a villie.

C: The Father Christmas Murders
Lost as the Cobbler for the first time. I did get to say "I'm the Cobbler, wolves please don't kill me" on Day 1 and didn't get made, so I've got that going for me.

CI: Mutton yesterDay, mutton toDay, and mutton toMorrow.
Wolf, lost after a truly inspired Lottie hunter kill.

CIII: Big Magic in Middle-Earth.
Innocent Lover, won, but didn't find my counterpart Legate in time to fill the actual role.

- - - - - - -

In summation:
Villager: 5-4
Wolf: 3-1
Cobbler: 2-1
Seer: 0-0-1
Ranger: 0-1

Total: 10-7-1
Good: 5-5-1
Evil: 5-2

Basically, I'm only good at this game when I'm bad. When it comes to actually having to knuckle down and deduce a wolf, I'm pretty lost. But if you want a Cobbler, I'm your man.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:21 AM   #370
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
For those who have played both on the internet and in person, do you have a preference in mode?
I, too, prefer the internet. In person WW doesn't give the wolves a chance to talk and plot and reduces their role to single survivors. It's then not so much a game of beautiful logic and reasoning as one of pure chance.

Even so, RL werewolf has its own fun - playing with 20-ish Barrow-Downers at night over an open fire isn't an experience easily recreated. Or that one time at the phantom's place when on n1 everyone clapped ten times to give the wolves time to open their eyes and recognise each other, and Nog clapped eleven and we spent the rest of the game arguing over the significance of "Nogrod's clap".

McC, you've been my victorious cobbler twice!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:30 AM   #371
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
1. WWLXI: Grimm Tales (Wilwa's game)- Role: Old Witch (wolf). Result: survived end of game (wolves won).

2. WWLXII: Dead Men Do Tell Tales (Brinn's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: killed by Mutineers (wolves) Night 6 (wolves won).

3. WWLXIII: The Cottage of Lost Play (Mnemo's game)- Role: Wolf. Result: lynched Day 2 (wolves won).

4. WWLXV: Our Fate Lies With...Them? (Boro's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: lynched Day 2 (wolves won).

5. WW Threefold and Six (Eönwë's game)- Role: Wolf (saboteur, secretly aiding village). Result: lynched Day 3 (wolves won).

6. WWLXVII: The Rangers of the North- The Fell Winter (Nog's game)-Role: Ordo. Result: killed by Berserk Hunter Night 2 (wolves won).

7. WWLXVIII: A Full Moon Over Innsmouth (McCaber's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: killed by The Changed (hunter) Night 6 (village won).

8. WWLXIX: Meeting at the House of Usher (Mira and Nienna's game)- Role: Ranger. Result: lynched with the collaboration of 'innocent' Lovers (who ensured their victory, concurrent with the wolves) Day 5 (wolves won, Lovers won).

9. WWLXX: At the Prison of Ice (Legate's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: killed by wolves Night 3 (wolves won).

10. WWLXXI: Something In the Night (Gwathagor's game)- Role: The Lawman (wolf). Result: survived end of game (wolves won).

11. WW LXXII: Now There's the Truth of It! (Sally's game)- Role: Ranger. Result: survived end of game (village won).

12. WW LXXIV: War of the Wolves (Loslote and Hakon's game)- Role: Ranger!wolf (Ladybug Pack). Result: survived end of game (Ladybug wolfpack won, Anti-Lover won).

13. WW LXXV: It's Always Tea Time Here (Wilwa's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: killed by the Hunter Night 5 (wolves won).

14. WW LXXVI: At Moria: EXTRA Edition (Shasta's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: killed by the Hunter Day 5 (village won).

15. WW LXXVII: The Metamorphs of Wolf-562-e (Nerwen's game)- Role: Traitor (cobbler). Result: survived end of game (village won, by a strange twist I also won).

16. WW LXXIX: Fall From Olympus (Glirdan's game)- Role: Eros (Hunting Guardian). Result: killed by wolves Night 5 (village won).

17. WW LXXX: It's About Time! (modded, village won).

18. WW LXXXI: Under the Misty Mountains (Fea and Nienna's game)- Role: Elrohir (wolf). Result: lynched (along with many others, including Legate, my remaining packmate) Day 4 (village won).

19. WW LXXXII: Return to Tol-in-Gaurhoth (Lommy's game)- Role: Wolf. Result: survived end of game (wolves and Cobbler won).

20. WW LXXIII: The Nightmare on the East Road (Boro's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: killed by wolves Night 5 (wolves and Cobbler won).

21. WW LXXXIV: Middle Earth in Fifteen Minutes (Shasta's game)- Role: Wolf. Result: Seer-dreamed and lynched Day 3 (village won).

22. WW LXXXV: The Lost Philosophers of Maiar (Nog's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: lynched Day 3 (wolves won).

23. WW LXXXVIII: What Lies in the Dark (Sally's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: killed in Endgame (wolves won).

24. WW LXXXIX: The Terror of Tol Fuin (Modded)- Result: village won.

25. WW XC: Lord of the Rings 2: The Quest For More Money (Lottie's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: killed by wolves Night 2 (village won).

26. WW LXXXVII - The Valley Forge (Foley's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: survived to end (village won).

27. WW LXXXVIII - Trouble in the Misty Mountains: (Shasta's game)- Role: Wolf. Result: lynched Day 4 (wolves won).

28. WW XCII - Disaster by the Lake (Boro's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: lynched Day 1 (wolves won).

29. WW XCIII - Betrayal at Henneth Annűn (Pitchwife's game)- Role: Wolf. Result: lynched Day 4 (village won).

30. WW XCIV– Where the Stars Are Strange (Nerwen's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: survived to end (village won).

31. WW XCV- Meeting At the Town Cobbler Sally's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: killed Night 4 (village won).

32. WW XCVI - The Fell Winter of 2911 (Kitanna's game) Role: Seer. Result: killed Night 2 (wolves won).

33. WW XCVII: Werewolves in the Westfold (Meneltarmacil's game)- Role: Wolf. Result: lynched Day 2 (wolves won).

34. WW XCIIX - The Meaning Of Death (G55's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: killed Night 5 (village won).

35. WW C- The Father Christmas Murders (Lottie's game)- Role: Wolf. Result: lynched Day 3 (village won).

36. WW CI - Mutton yesterDay, mutton toDay and mutton toMorrow (Lommy's game)- Role: Wolf. Result: lynched Day 6 (village won).

37. WW CIII: Big Magic in Middle Earth Arcane Encampment (Sally's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: killed Night 2 (village won).

38. WW CIV: Spambot Apocalypse (Nerwen's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: killed Night 2 (wolves won).

39. WW CV: They Should Make a Movie About This! (modded)- Result: wolves won.

40. WW CVI: Tol-in-Westeros (Agan and Kath's game)- Role: Wolf. Result: killed by the Bear Night 5 (Bear, Lovers, and village won).

41. WW CVII: Restless Nights in Sleepy Hollow (Kitanna's game)- Role: Ordo. Result: killed Night 4 (wolves won).

Note:
1. Four times I've been killed by a Hunter, and every time I've been innocent.

Role Stats

Ordo: 20

Seer: 1

Ranger: 2

Hunting Guardian (combination Ranger and Hunter): 1

Cobbler: 1

Wolf: 14

Modded: 3

Last edited by Inziladun; 10-18-2014 at 07:06 AM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #372
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I,Or that one time at the phantom's place when on n1 everyone clapped ten times to give the wolves time to open their eyes and recognise each other, and Nog clapped eleven and we spent the rest of the game arguing over the significance of "Nogrod's clap".
What about "Greenie's smile"? Was that the same session or a different time?
Old 07-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #373
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
What about "Greenie's smile"? Was that the same session or a different time?
Hmm I'm not sure, this incident escapes me! A different time, I think.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:46 PM   #374
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Hmm I'm not sure, this incident escapes me! A different time, I think.
I thought I remembered reading it in the same general timeframe as the Nog's clap incident. Everyone was supposed to count to 10 and tp heads Greenie smile while counting, and he heard by the sound that she was turning her head a certain way as she did so, so he figured she and whoever she looked at (I think it was Nog) were wolves - which they were. Actually, wasn't that the reason they started the clapping at all?
Old 07-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #375
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Correct, love. That was the game immediately before the clapping incident. We had started out counting to ten rather than clapping, but Greenie was so pleased with herself she audibly smiled and Phantom called her on it, so we went to clapping instead (which ended so well for everyone ).
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #376
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I've just read this entire thread and my head is spinning. We are a ridiculous bunch.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #377
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
I, too, prefer the internet. In person WW doesn't give the wolves a chance to talk and plot and reduces their role to single survivors. It's then not so much a game of beautiful logic and reasoning as one of pure chance.
I don't think it is even a matter of pure chance. I have, or at least had, very good hearing. Anytime I am a villager I can almost always hear the movements around me and be able to isolate it down to who is doing it.

Interesting to learn of that clapping method, I had never heard of that before. While I can see how that would help in some ways, I think that would also serve to limit the communication of the wolves even more as that takes away their ability to hand gesture.

Quote:
We are a ridiculous bunch.
Yes.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:28 PM   #378
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Correct, love. That was the game immediately before the clapping incident. We had started out counting to ten rather than clapping, but Greenie was so pleased with herself she audibly smiled and Phantom called her on it, so we went to clapping instead (which ended so well for everyone
Ah true! I can't believe I forgot about that.

Quote:
Interesting to learn of that clapping method, I had never heard of that before. While I can see how that would help in some ways, I think that would also serve to limit the communication of the wolves even more as that takes away their ability to hand gesture.
That was just night 1 before we had a mod - in our games the first to die will take care of modding so that nobody has to miss a game. We wanted to give the wolves the time to see each other but didn't want to sit blind unnecessarily long, and nobody felt the wolves would miss something major if they couldn't point before the game had really begun.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #379
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Ahh, I thought it was to help counteract the inherent weakness of the wolves during quiet time.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:49 PM   #380
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Silmaril Stats updated

I have played in 26 games in 7 years.

Wolf: 27% (7 times)
Cobbler: 8% (2 times)
Ranger: 12% (3 times); as far as I remember, I've made one save - protecting myself
Hunter: 4% (1 time); and sort of another, but it's counted among lovers because I was a lover with an extra kill
Lover: 8% (2 times)
Ordo: 42% (11 times)

Note that I've never been a seer!

I've been good in 65% of the games and evil in 35%.

In the winning team: 38% (10/26 games)
In the winning team when evil: 67% (6/9 games)
In the winning team when wolf: 71% (5/7 games)
In the winning team when innocent: 24% (4/17 games)

Survived end of game: 27% (7 games)
Survived when wolf: 57% (4/7 games)
Survived when innocent: 18% (3/17 games)

Lynched: 35% (9 games)
Wolf-killed: 27% (7 games)
Killed by someone else: 12% (3 games)

15 different fellow wolves.
Thrice with: Greenie (this is almost half my wolf games actually, and we won them all too)
Twice with: Nerwen, Fea, sally & Brinniel (again, won all these)
Once with: Mith & Isabellkya (my first pack), Macalaure, Valier, Lommy, Roa, Caílin & Nilp (Duelling Wizards so there were other wolves too, but we three got to talk), Inzil, Shasta

Games played:
xxiii the lost age, mod: Volo
xxiii other minds and hands, mod: Rikae
xxiv bloodbath in the anduin vale, mod: SPM (first game as a wolf, and what a village it was!)
xxxx the scouring of the shire vol 2, mod: Nogrod (one of my favourite wolf victories here with an amazing pack of Fea, Green and Mac)
xxxxi with a twist, mod: phantom (after four games, two of which as a wolf, this is the first game I got a vote.)
xlii the meaning of life forever, mod: Volo
xliii mist in the barrow-downs, mod: Farael
xlv the fellowship of saruman, mod: Legate (one of my favourite games, even if I was lynched on day 2, and me a ranger.)
xlvi getting back to basics, mod: Menel
xlvii duelling wizards ii, mod: Nogrod
xlviii when virtual becomes reality, mod: Brinn
lii star-crossed two: together for eternity, mod: Diamond
liii the republic, mod: Fea
liv the council of evil, mod: Gollum the Great
lv sing when you're winning, mod: Mith
lvi panic at the prancing pony, mod: Kitanna (my all time favourite. This game literally had me waking up at 6 in the morning to wolf PM or, alternatively, save Nerwen from the gallows, or stay up till 6 heart racing, waiting for the cobbler to seal our victory. Other fellows included Brinn and sally but they were lynched shortly after my transformation from cursed to wolf thanks to the seer - who dreamed two wolves and still lost!)
lvix this time it's real, mod: phantom
lxi grimm tales, mod: wilwa
lxxv it's always tea time here, mod: wilwa
xxx it's about time, mod: Inzil
xxxiii the nightmare on the east road, mod: Boro (another wolf victory with Green & Shasta I have fond memories of. I recently came across some of our old PM's, and they're gold.)
xxxv the lost philosophers of the maiar, mod: Nogrod
xxxvi the halls of mandos, mods: Rikae & Mac
xcii the disaster by the lake, mod: Boro
xciii the betrayal at henneth annűn, mod: Pitchwife
xcvi the fell winter of 2911, mod: Kit (I achieved my only ranger protection here! It pays off to be selfish.)

And games (co)modded:
xxxix do werebalrogs have wings, Lommy's co-mod. Wolves: Mac, Brinn & Naria. Village win.
xliv in the house of tom bombadil, mod. Wolves: Nerwen, Nogrod, Kitanna. Wolf win.
xxxiii return to tol-in-gaurhoth, Lommy's co-mod (or more of a helper, really). Wolves: Inzil, Nogrod, Eönwë. Wolf win.
civ spambot apocalypse, Nerwen's co-mod. Wolves: Boro, Kitanna. Wolf win.
cvi tol-in-westeros, mod with Kath. Wolves: Inzil, Lommy, Mac. Village win.

Lesson learned: when I'm (co)modding, irrespective of whether I'm involved in choosing the roles, Mac, Nogrod, Kitanna and Inzil have a tendency to end up on the bad side.

Last edited by Aganzir; 07-15-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:38 AM   #381
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Even so, RL werewolf has its own fun - playing with 20-ish Barrow-Downers at night over an open fire isn't an experience easily recreated.
I remember this. Rune was a fantastic cobbler, as I recall.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #382
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots From the desk of the Lord High Scorekeeper

Time to update the stats after The Great Whiteout (as I'm going to call it).

Predators - 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 18, 21, 27, 28, 30, 33, 34, 36, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 46, 48, 49, 50, 52, 53, 55, 56, 59, 61, 62, 63, 65, 66, 67, 69 (split with lovers), 70, 71, 73, 74, 75, 82, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91, 92, 96, 97, 104, 105, 107, 108 (57 total)

Prey - 4, 6, 8, 12, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 26, 29, 31, 32, 35, 38, 39, 45, 47, 51, 58, 60, 64, 68, 76, 77, 79, 80, 81, 84, 87, 89, 90, 93, 94, 95, 98, 99, 100, 101, 103, 106 (split with Lovers) (43 total)

Loners - 37, 54 (2 total)

Lovers – 25, 69 (split with predators), 106 (split with prey) (3 total)

Tie - 16, 57 (2 total)

Fizzled - 102 (1 total)

So, to ask a question that may get me in a lot of trouble, is anyone thinking of hosting a Ten Year Anniversary Werewolf game? I was sort of toying with the idea before The Great Whiteout struck, but if somebody else is going to do it...
Old 05-07-2015, 03:15 PM   #383
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
So, to ask a question that may get me in a lot of trouble, is anyone thinking of hosting a Ten Year Anniversary Werewolf game? I was sort of toying with the idea before The Great Whiteout struck, but if somebody else is going to do it...
You know what Kuru, that is a brilliant idea. Go for it. G55, Lommy and I have an idea for a game (or had in December, but while it's not as topical now as in the winter, we might as well wait.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:12 PM   #384
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
You know what Kuru, that is a brilliant idea. Go for it. G55, Lommy and I have an idea for a game (or had in December, but while it's not as topical now as in the winter, we might as well wait.
I haven't forgotten about that game either, but yes - I think that if it's waited this long, it might as well wait another month or two.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:17 PM   #385
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I haven't forgotten about that game either, but yes - I think that if it's waited this long, it might as well wait another month or two.
Yes especially as my ideas started to get more ambitious! I don't remember if I ever had the time to share them with you (I got so excited I was going to suggest a skype call to you two on Christmas day but somehow held back) before the forum went down, but we'll be in touch.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:28 PM   #386
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Yes especially as my ideas started to get more ambitious! I don't remember if I ever had the time to share them with you (I got so excited I was going to suggest a skype call to you two on Christmas day but somehow held back) before the forum went down, but we'll be in touch.
I spent hours of daydreaming all the stuff we could do and poke fun at and how roles could be laid out and stuff... Consider the skype call still on (eventually...)
Old 05-07-2015, 09:29 PM   #387
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

I've got a couple of tricky ideas I would like to try, but a) one of them needs some working out and I need to consult somebody and b) I would like a largish game.

Let's see if we can get some interest ginned up.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:17 AM   #388
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White-Hand

To be honest, I would personally be more up to playing than modding at the moment. So Agan and G55 feel free to go along with the plan without me, or Kuru can take the next? *shuts up and suggests moving this discussion to the TiG thread*
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:12 AM   #389
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

No worries Lommy - Kuru can take the next anyway as I'm far too busy to mod right now and the game still requires quite a lot of planning.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:38 AM   #390
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Predators - 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 18, 21, 27, 28, 30, 33, 34, 36, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 46, 48, 49, 50, 52, 53, 55, 56, 59, 61, 62, 63, 65, 66, 67, 69 (split with lovers), 70, 71, 73, 74, 75, 82, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91, 92, 96, 97, 104, 105, 107, 108 (57 total)

Prey - 4, 6, 8, 12, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 26, 29, 31, 32, 35, 38, 39, 45, 47, 51, 58, 60, 64, 68, 76, 77, 79, 80, 81, 84, 87, 89, 90, 93, 94, 95, 98, 99, 100, 101, 103, 106 (split with Lovers), 109 (44 total)

Tie - 16, 57 (2 total)

Fizzled - 102 (1 total)
Old 01-15-2016, 04:20 PM   #391
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Predators - 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 18, 21, 27, 28, 30, 33, 34, 36, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 46, 48, 49, 50, 52, 53, 55, 56, 59, 61, 62, 63, 65, 66, 67, 69 (split with lovers), 70, 71, 73, 74, 75, 82, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91, 92, 96, 97, 104, 105, 107, 108, 110 (58 total)

Prey - 4, 6, 8, 12, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 26, 29, 31, 32, 35, 38, 39, 45, 47, 51, 58, 60, 64, 68, 76, 77, 79, 80, 81, 84, 87, 89, 90, 93, 94, 95, 98, 99, 100, 101, 103, 106 (split with Lovers), 109 (44 total)

Tie - 16, 57 (2 total)

Fizzled - 102 (1 total)

Last edited by Kuruharan; 11-06-2016 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Edited for readability
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #392
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Predators - 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 18, 21, 27, 28, 30, 33, 34, 36, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 46, 48, 49, 50, 52, 53, 55, 56, 59, 61, 62, 63, 65, 66, 67, 69 (split with lovers), 70, 71, 73, 74, 75, 82, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91, 92, 96, 97, 104, 105, 107, 108, 110 (58 total)

Prey - 4, 6, 8, 12, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 26, 29, 31, 32, 35, 38, 39, 45, 47, 51, 58, 60, 64, 68, 76, 77, 79, 80, 81, 84, 87, 89, 90, 93, 94, 95, 98, 99, 100, 101, 103, 106 (split with Lovers), 109, 111 (45 total)

Tie - 16, 57 (2 total)

Fizzled - 102 (1 total)

Does anybody have any experience on playing Werewolf games on other sites?

If so, do other sites run as many experimental games as we do?

Last edited by Kuruharan; 11-06-2016 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Edited for readability
Old 07-25-2017, 11:40 AM   #393
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots From the Desk of the Lord High Scorekeeper

Predators - 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 18, 21, 27, 28, 30, 33, 34, 36, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 46, 48, 49, 50, 52, 53, 55, 56, 59, 61, 62, 63, 65, 66, 67, 69 (split with lovers), 70, 71, 73, 74, 75, 82, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91, 92, 96, 97, 104, 105, 107, 108, 110, 112 (59 total)

Prey - 4, 6, 8, 12, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 26, 29, 31, 32, 35, 38, 39, 45, 47, 51, 58, 60, 64, 68, 76, 77, 79, 80, 81, 84, 87, 89, 90, 93, 94, 95, 98, 99, 100, 101, 103, 106 (split with Lovers), 109, 111 (45 total)

Tie - 16, 57 (2 total)

Fizzled - 102 (1 total)
Old 01-05-2018, 12:31 PM   #394
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Predators - 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 18, 21, 27, 28, 30, 33, 34, 36, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 46, 48, 49, 50, 52, 53, 55, 56, 59, 61, 62, 63, 65, 66, 67, 69 (split with Lovers), 70, 71, 73, 74, 75, 82, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91, 92, 96, 97, 104, 105, 107, 108, 110, 112, 113 (60 total)

Tie - 16, 57 (2 total)

Fizzled - 102 (1 total)
Old 01-05-2018, 05:27 PM   #395
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
We’re bad wolf hunters...

What’s “Fizzled”?
Old 01-05-2018, 10:33 PM   #396
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Apparently game 102 started and then didn't get off the ground.

I wasn't around for that one, I just heard that from others and couldn't really figure out what happened from the thread that was left behind.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:46 AM   #397
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

118 was also aborted mid-game. That was a strange situation.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:46 AM   #398
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
118 was also aborted mid-game. That was a strange situation.
That was actually 78. Paranoia (the mod) just put in an extra "L". But yes, it was strange. IIRC he did something or other on Day Two which we wolves considered to arbitrarily disadvantage us, so we protested via PM, upon which he compensated by telling us the identity of a gifted! So of course we said that wouldn't do either- and that was the last anyone heard of him.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:46 AM   #399
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
That was actually 78. Paranoia (the mod) just put in an extra "L". But yes, it was strange. IIRC he did something or other on Day Two which we wolves considered to arbitrarily disadvantage us, so we protested via PM, upon which he compensated by telling us the identity of a gifted! So of course we said that wouldn't do either- and that was the last anyone heard of him.
I do now seem to recall that in addition to the other misdemeanors, he misnumbered the game. I think it was that whole situation which led to the welcome rules revisions we have now.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #400
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

So on review I noticed that not only was I missing 78 I was also missing 72. These have now been corrected and (I think) categorized correctly.

Predators - 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 18, 21, 27, 28, 30, 33, 34, 36, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 46, 48, 49, 50, 52, 53, 55, 56, 59, 61, 62, 63, 65, 66, 67, 69 (split with Lovers), 70, 71, 73, 74, 75, 82, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91, 92, 96, 97, 104, 105, 107, 108, 110, 112, 113 (60 total)

Prey - 4, 6, 8, 12, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 26, 29, 31, 32, 35, 38, 39, 45, 47, 51, 58, 60, 64, 68, 72, 76, 77, 79, 80, 81, 84, 87, 89, 90, 93, 94, 95, 98, 99, 100, 101, 103, 106 (split with Lovers), 109, 111 (46 total)

Tie - 16, 57 (2 total)

Fizzled - 78, 102 (2 total)

Last edited by Kuruharan; 03-01-2018 at 10:25 AM. Reason: corrected an errant parenthesis