Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-28-2004, 06:56 PM   #41
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Aman and Captain of Despair - Jordo has fallen under your spell! Do with him as you will. And I do hope I am not intruding...

-Durelin
Old 06-28-2004, 07:22 PM   #42
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Black Speech of Mordor

This is actually a response to a PM from Alak about how I was coming up with the Black Speech lingo for Grash -- I thought that it might be a good idea to answer it on the DT just in case there were others wanting to use the B.S. and who desired to strive for some kind of consistency.

There is not, so far as I know, any source of the B.S. other than the two lines of the Ring verse that Gandalf gives us in the "Council of Elrond" so I'm making it up as I go. The only 'rules' I follow are lots of g's and k's and z's -- hard consonants, and unpleasant sounds. I have perforce invented some words so far though:

Krâzduk dakka, nit grankúl -- probably means something like "There is water (dakka?) and food (krazduk?) here; let's take (grankul?) some (nit?)"

grik -- also

fraz -- maybe

I'm not going to do too much of the Black Speech directly as it's really hard to come up with good sounding words -- but perhaps we can come up with a brief lexicon by the end of the game!
Old 06-29-2004, 12:38 AM   #43
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

A wonderful crew of motley characters and an exciting game as well! I'm pleased to be gaming here with you.

My second post sets up some expectations that my character, a warrior who has not been cowed by her imprisonment, will seek an alliance with the other woman, Lyshka, but first she has a score to settle with this swinish Haradrim whose people sold her and others of her people into slavery. Aylwen, win Darash over or risk a first skirmish of disagreement! Or, Grash, solve the disagreement before challenges are laid.

Edit: I 'solved' the Black Speech dilemma by deciding that my character would refuse to speak the words of her captors. Fordim, in my first post, I imply that Grash knows Westron and has spoken it to Darash at times and in fact refused to use the Orc's name for her. Yet your most recent post suggests he does not know Westron well. Do you want me to change my first post? Let me know and I will forward the changes to Pio.

Last edited by Bęthberry; 06-29-2004 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:01 AM   #44
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Here are some reliable reference links for the Black Speech:

Ardalambion

A Second Opinion on the Black Speech

~*~ Pio
Old 06-29-2004, 08:45 AM   #45
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Bęthberry, I'm glad we are on the same page with the alliance of our characters. Lyshka will not trust any man for a very long time. I had started my post last night, so I edited and brought it to a close at the same point where Darash has stopped.

Pio, the links are awesome. Helpful and interesting...thanks.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:45 PM   #46
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Kransha - it appears that your character is attempting to befriend Dwali and Dorim. If we are supposed to pair up and search for necessary items, than why not all three dwarves go together. Dwarven kind are known to be suspicious of other races, or at least favoring their own race.

After you (or Perky Ent) confirm this, I will fill in my save and have the three dwarves converse and head out. It seems that all three are pessimistic - should get along quite well!

By the way, Fordim, awesome game! Its always nice to work with a group of talented writers.

Himaran
Old 06-29-2004, 12:57 PM   #47
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Himaran -- Unless I'm very much mistaken, Kransha's post already has the three Dwarves out in the courtyard picking amongst the corpses looking for weapons and armour. I agree with you (and apparently Kransha) that the three Dwarves would stick together like this.

If you object to having your character moved out to the courtyard in this way, let me know and we can perhaps have Kransha edit(?). For my money, I think that this development fits with the story so far -- so if you don't object to Kransha's post, then feel free to go ahead and post a reply to Bror's introduction, and then give us a bit of a description of the Dwarves' conversation and what they manage to find in the courtyard.

BTW -- yes, this looks like it might be a very good game, doesn't it. It's like Billy Martin always used to say, "it all comes down to the talent in the field." I'm just happy that I haven't had to 'prod' people to post yet! )
Old 06-29-2004, 01:04 PM   #48
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Fordim - Ah. Aha. I didn't notice the mention of the courtyard. I have to get off now, but I will fill in the save tonight or tomorrow morning.

Kransha, Perky Ent: Its all cool, then!
Old 06-29-2004, 02:16 PM   #49
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
'Ullo, 'ullo, 'ullo, just reporting in. I was called away on business this morning, when I posted, and could not clarify in the Discussion Thread my post. Yes, Fordim's analysis is correct. I had to crack open my battered copy of The Return of the King to remind myself of the geography of Cirith Ungol. Based on that, Dwali, Bror, and Dorim have ascended to the second of the three levels of the tower, searching for weapons, armor, etc. They may head back down to the courtyard, but I assumed that it would be alright for some to explore the other sections, since many orcs were slain higher up, thus leaving more behind (if it's all down with Fordim, so to speak).

Perky, Himaran, yes, it's all good. The dwarves, who will obviously dislike the elves and are suspicious of the men, can revel together. All three, as I've noticed, share common pessimism. Many others seem like they might have some hope. I suggest (Fordim, forgive me for manufacturing another hardship for our band), that we dwarfy fellows become a bit more obstinate now that we have numbers. From what I see, Dorim and Dwali are both much colder and more serious after their stay in the tower. Bror can, of course, relate to this, so there is the proposition of a simple comradery (very exclusive conradery) between the trio.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 06-29-2004, 02:40 PM   #50
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Here's a map from Fonstad's Atlas at The Council of Elrond site:

Map of Cirith Ungol
Old 06-29-2004, 03:50 PM   #51
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

Kransha and Himaran, yeah, let's get the dwarves paired up. Dorim would prefer dwarves to others. However, don't get him too attached because Dorim doesn't do that anymore
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 06-29-2004, 03:55 PM   #52
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Hmmm. . .so Grash is a bit sexist, apparently. By Eru, I did not see that coming.

Have fun with that Alak and Bethberry, but try not to hurt Grash -- he is your saviour after all. One might almost call him your knight in shining armour *swoon*

(OK, I'm really going to pay for that one.)
Old 06-29-2004, 03:56 PM   #53
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Fordim - how long do you think we will be staying as we are? Will we be doing a quick shufti as soon as we get food?
Old 06-29-2004, 04:07 PM   #54
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Good question. . .hmmmm. . .my first real poser as a Game Owner (still love the sound of that).

I had thought that we might use the better part of the first week of the game to get familiar and poke about the Tower so there is no plan to shift ahead soon. The immediate plan is for us to establish some of these interesting conflicts. In a few days (is it OK to leave it that unfixed in stone?) we will move through the Under-Door and into Shelob's Lair. If a week is too long to hang about in the Tower, let me know and we will head out sooner than that.

The one thing we need to work in, to keep it all canonical so that Pio and Child do not do me any harm, is to have some mention of the main gate collapsing (remember when that happened when Frodo and Sam escaped?) I was thinking that as the last of the group comes into the cellars once more we'd hear a crash and then look out to see the arch in ruins.

Note to everyone, though -- Nobody's allowed to see Sam and Frodo running about, or to interact with them in any way. The Mods would definitely have something to say about that!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:50 AM   #55
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Hey everyone! (Bonjour?)

Yes, Aylwen does live.

I have just returned this morning from my wonderful trip to Québec, and I am working as quickly and efficiently as I can on catching up!

Wow, a great crew of writers indeed!

-Aylwen
Old 06-30-2004, 12:39 PM   #56
Sarin Mithrilanger
Animated Skeleton

Sarin Mithrilanger has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Fordim- I'm curious, I know we are searching for food and supplies but I think I remember Grash saying to "look like orcs". So are we going to undress the orcs?
Old 06-30-2004, 01:00 PM   #57
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Undress 'em, find their closets, raid their dirty laundry -- whatever: the point is to get some clothes and armour and do our level best to look like orcs.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:13 PM   #58
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Boots Popping in...

Short question:

Sarin - Why doesn't your character, in particular, trust Rhând?

Rhând will be very careful to get everyone to trust him, but I don't he will have too much problems getting this. First of all because he looks like a Gondorian, which means he is not a servant of Sauron. Second: because he speaks Westron/The Common Speech, which would also imply that he is not at all a Southron.

I have no problems with the fact that your character doesn't trust him, but I would be glad if you told me why. If you did, I could be more able to write for Rhând in a way that suits your characters and maybe Rhând can get your character on to his side.

This is of course only a suggestion, but as Rhând () is intrested in having everybody trusting him, he would do everything to suck up.

NOTE: Langauge; Rhând speaks both the lanaguage of the Harad and the Common Speech. To all freed prisoners he will speak in the Common Speech.

Will try to have a new post up soon.

Cheers,
Nova

Last edited by Novnarwen; 06-30-2004 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:52 PM   #59
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Kransha and Perky Ent

I agree with both of you; the dwarves, thoroughly pessimistic but still holding onto their fighting spirit, should share a sort of comradery that is a step or so short from friendship. Dwali, at least, has given up on friendship, as it only leads to regret and a feeling of loss when one dies.

Anyways, onto the Plot:

In my post, all three dwarves pick up orc clothing and armor; Dwali has a stout axe and a short knife, but I left out what sort of weapons you two picked up. That can be described in one of your next posts. The trio returned to the meeting place with there supplies.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:29 PM   #60
Sarin Mithrilanger
Animated Skeleton

Sarin Mithrilanger has just left Hobbiton.
Sting No problem

Novnarwen- Well in my post I wrote that Zuromor shrugged it off as being weary of company since he's never had it. He has no other reason not to trust him, but at this point he doesn't trust amyone except Grash. He somewhat trusts Grash due to the fact that Grash freed him.

Fordim- Should I edit my post to better describe Zuromor's personal feelings?
Old 06-30-2004, 07:58 PM   #61
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Sarin -- if you would like to edit, then by all means do, but I think that you've answered Nova's question. If you want to expand on Zuromor's personal feelings, then feel free to add a new post and take the little party of Slave-Men out into the courtyard.

Dwarves -- You'll note you've just been presented with a plot twist. Feel free do deal with Lurg as you see fit, but please let him escape alive, as he may be showing up again later. . .

EDIT -- The first version of the post had Lurg coming face to face with the Dwarves in the courtyard, but I've moved it to inside the Tower, as the Elves are still out in the courtyard and the Slaves will soon be out there too. For the moment, I think the Dwarves can handle the orc. After he gets away though, he will run through the courtyard, so if any of the Elves or Men wish to have a crack at him, let me know and get yourselves in position by the gate!

Last edited by Fordim Hedgethistle; 06-30-2004 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:31 AM   #62
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots

Sarin - Sounds good!

I must ask you to edit your last post however. (I know, I know.. I'm really a pain...) It's all my fault, I should have put up a note. But I don't want anyone to know that Rhând's real name is Rhând. Several reasons; it's a Haradrim name, which wouldn't fit when he is pretending to be a Gondorian. Second, because Rhând personally would never give his real name to anyone he didn't know properly.

His name, alias, will be Aldor. (This is originally a name from Rohan, Aldor the Old=Brego's son, which could maybe be Rhând's downfall, if a clever prisoner figures this out at the end...)

Yet again, I'm sorry!! *asks for forgiveness*

Cheers,
Nova

EDIT: I've filled my save. I have said that Rhând gave a false name to Zuromor, and that he believes that Rhând's name is Aldor. I brought Jeren too. Hope the post was alright. If not, then just tell and I'll edit.

Last edited by Novnarwen; 07-01-2004 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:57 AM   #63
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Some Notes

Himaran -- Neatly done with the orc; just be sure not to 'finish him off' so to speak: The Perky Ent or Kransha may want to get in on the action.

Aylwen -- Jeren seems to have been left behind, and/or evaporated on us. My fault, I should have carried him along a bit better in your absence (glad to see that you apparently enjoyed your visit to la belle province).

Sarin and Nova -- Re the above note to Aylwen, I think we should have Jeren with us in the courtyard so, Sarin, could you edit your post to include Jeren with the group of male slaves?

Everyone -- As I've said, this is my first time round in this role, so I would be very interested in hearing from you all (via PM) how it's going. Am I overmanaging the game? Not giving enough clues, twists, etc? Should we be going more quickly, or are we slipping along too fast? I realise that the game's only two days old, but I would like to get a feel for the dynamics earlier rather than later.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:45 AM   #64
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Aylwen -- Jeren seems to have been left behind, and/or evaporated on us. My fault, I should have carried him along a bit better in your absence (glad to see that you apparently enjoyed your visit to la belle province).

Sarin and Nova -- Re the above note to Aylwen, I think we should have Jeren with us in the courtyard so, Sarin, could you edit your post to include Jeren with the group of male slaves?
Yes...I'm working on a post that should be up rather soon for Jeren. I'll try to catch him up a little bit after my untimely absence.

-Aylwen
Old 07-01-2004, 12:58 PM   #65
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Kransha, Perky Ent:

Lurg, our new orc nemisis, recovered from Dwali's unexpected attack and left my character unconcious. Now its your turn - sadly, Fordim won't let us kill him.... yet.

Himaran

Last edited by Himaran; 07-01-2004 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:25 PM   #66
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Alrighty then, Himaran and Perky. I will soon have a post up. If Perky Ent doesn't mind, I will have Bror, with much assistance from Dorim, of course, drive off Lurg, and then encourage Dorim to follow as he takes unconscious Dwali. Then, if you want some action, Perky, you may have it, or the orc may simply run out into the courtyard, with us dwarves on his odiferous tail.

Old 07-01-2004, 04:18 PM   #67
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Kransha and Perky Ent:

Dwali recovered, and although slightly embarassed, is fine. It is up to you, Kransha, if we go after Dorim and Lurg. Perhaps Dorim will return before it is necessary, with information that Lurg escaped.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:44 PM   #68
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Himaran, just one minor proposal. Bror was, with Dwali, pursuing Dorim and Lurg. So, I assume he was stopped in your post. Feel free to include Bror proposing that the two follow, since they were already following Dorim. I really cannot think of much of a context for some post besides having Bror state that, so perhaps you could just make the tiny addition to your own post, including Bror and Dwali resuming the pursuit of Dorim and Lurg (pardon if that's a bit confusing).

BTW, this game seems to be going well, and I know find myself hoping that, now that the dwarves are in cahoots, relations (hostile relations, that is), might begin with the elves and men, who, 'unfortunately', must be associated with.

Old 07-01-2004, 09:51 PM   #69
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

All right, Lurg is making his break for it, and is fair game for any and all who wish to take a crack at him. Contrary to what Grash is saying, however, please make sure that Lurg survives and flees out through the front gate (which is, remember, barred to us by the Will of the Silent Watchers).
Old 07-02-2004, 08:01 AM   #70
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Hmm. This game moves at great speed! Nova and I were cross posting, but I think there is enough coherency between the posts and little contradiction. Still, if anything needs to be changed, let me know, Nova or Fordim, and will make the changes. I have left room for others to have a shot at the orc.

Am I correct in assuming the Gate is there in the courtyard? or is it just another door?

Alak, do you want to do some planning for our characters via PM? I was not sure how much to attribute to your character in my previous post; I will add or remove details if you have any suggestions. Aylwen, Darash will take some time to accept any Haradrim, and, Nova, I suspect that at some point Darash will find Rhand's other side. I have some ideas how this will happen, but I don't want to share them with you right now, for fear of ruining the fun.

I tried for a post with brevity to imply speed and that meant I did not refer to many other characters. Fellow gamers, if you want me to add a mention of your characters, in order to set them up for your post, let me know and I will add what details you wish. Fordim, I hope a belly wound is not serious enough to do in Lurg. And I hope Darash's actions have been sufficient to suggest to Grash that she knows a few tricks out of the kitchen. heh heh
Old 07-02-2004, 08:39 AM   #71
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots

Quote:
and, Nova, I suspect that at some point Darash will find Rhand's other side. I have some ideas how this will happen, but I don't want to share them with you right now, for fear of ruining the fun.
o.0 Then, Rhând/Aldor will have to watch himself. You know, Bęthberry, you have just made me very curious about what you have in mind. But yes, it would certainly ruin the fun if I and Rhând/Aldor knew what you were up to. (PS! It shouldn't happen too soon, as Rhând might want to try something himself..)

Anyway, I am not sure I'll be able to post the following days. I might be able to pop in now and then and check the thread/PMs, but I think posting can be difficult. I will however try to post, but I don't know whether it will be possible. In that case, I would like for you to bring Rhând/Aldor along and set up saves for me if needed.

Cheers,
Nova

Note: If there is anything in my post which needs editings, just tell me and I'll do it!
Old 07-02-2004, 09:56 AM   #72
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Great Posts all. I'm almost beginning to feel sorry for Lurg, however, with his accumulation of hurts -- fortunately for him (and me) orcs are very durable.

The game is moving quickly, isn't it. (Too quickly??) I was thinking that whoever posts next could deal with Lurg by having him escape through the arch (which, to answer your query Bb is in the Courtyard right in front of us -- we can all see the road but we cannot get past the Watchers: if anyone wants to try, though, and have a bit of fun writing about that, by all means do. It might be interesting to see how an Elf would react to their presence. . .)

I want to get us all into Shelob's Lair by early next week (Monday or Tuesday) so with Lurg's escape we should all start moving into the storeroom once more. Once everyone is there, Grash will explain his plan and we can all react to it, discuss it, whatever.

Durelin, CaptainofDespair and Aman -- I had thought that Jordo was with the Elves, but he seems to have disappeared from their company. . .
Old 07-02-2004, 03:25 PM   #73
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Fordim - I have spoken to CaptainofDespair, and it is worked out. Jordo is still afraid to let himself be seen by the elves. But that will change soon...

-Durelin
Old 07-02-2004, 03:28 PM   #74
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Ah! Oh...oh dear...um...

I kind of just revealed Jordo. Is this alright? Durelin, have a read - is this alright? I apologise, I was trying to make things fit a little more in response to Fordim...
Old 07-02-2004, 03:31 PM   #75
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

No, no, this is fine. It was just the CaptainofDespair and I had agreed upon this simply so that he did not have to edit his post. Jordo's 'entrance' can occur in any way.

Your post is fine! (And helps me out alot...)

-Durelin
Old 07-02-2004, 09:27 PM   #76
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

I was unable to post today and will be unable in the morning (most likely), so I've placed a SAVE on the game thread so that Lyshka is not lost in the action.

Nova, I think it would be interesting to come up with some conflict between Rhand and the women...what do you think? I may pm you with an idea or two.

This game is going very well thus far. I'm already reading on the edge of my seat looking forward to more.

~Alak
Old 07-04-2004, 07:14 AM   #77
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Kransha:
Brór and Dwali have returned to the meeting place. Dorim is still somewhere out looking for the orc which just escaped in Sarin's last post.

Himaran
Old 07-04-2004, 10:41 AM   #78
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Boots

Bethberry, would you mind slipping this into the end of your post #29? I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: HAVE PLACED THIS POST FOR YOU -- PIO

~*~*~*~

alaklondewn's post - Lyshka

Lyshka understood naught of the other woman’s words, but she saw strength and pride in her eyes. The Easterling would keep close to her as they would prove to be quite a challenge to overcome together. Following the other woman, Lyshka stepped out into the courtyard and witnessed the remains of the bloody scene.

Corpses littered the dusty ground, and the Easterling walked slowly through them winding her way around their bodies. Many were face down, knives protruding from their blood soaked backs. Others whose faces were shown…wore eternal expressions of anguish. Lyshka was not saddened by the scene, nor was she sick. She was more curious than anything. Taking her bare toe, she nudged one body just to be sure the hideous creature was not faking death and would pounce on her from behind and slash her throat. The Orc lay still, however, its expression remained unchanging.

Kneeling, Lyshka examined its clothing and searched for a weapon. A short broad blade still lay in its hand, and she pried it free to hold in her own palm. The knife was heavy in hand, but the handle fit well. Rising, the Easterling tossed the knife side to side, hand to hand, to get a better feel. She lunged forward and jabbed the empty air, then quickly threw a glance over her shoulder at the other woman…ensuring her actions were not seen.

The woman then searched for clothing. She quickly found a thick leather vest that tied at the breast. The garment was bulky on her small frame, but was satisfactory in length. A large gash had opened the lower back of the vest, but it covered her nicely. As nicely as any Orc garment could do.

Peeling the dark leggings from another body, Lyshka was soon in Orcish attire and ready for more action.

~*~*~*~

EDIT: My SAVE is filled. It is short, but I feel I was able to do much more in the above post to keep her active. I'm looking forward to what is to come.

Last edited by piosenniel; 07-04-2004 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:04 AM   #79
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Once again let me say it -- great posts everyone!

Grash has begun to marshall people back into the cellars as he (and I) would like to get the company out of the Tower sometime relatively soon. That having been said, there is no mad rush here.

Elves and Co ('Co.' means Durelin ): I like the current developments with your characters, but could you wrap this up within the next couple posts and have everyone return to the cellars? You can either have Grash and Aldor find you all and bring you down, or you can return on your own and meet the two Men as they come up the stairs looking for you. Either way is fine with me.

Nova -- We appear to be cross-posting in the game; I went ahead and put up my post, but will edit it as needed when yours is ready.

Everybody else -- You don't have to wait around on your typing hands for the rest of us to get back; we still need to gather up food and water, so perhaps you could give us a description of what sort of orc-fare we will have to live on for the next while? It might also be nice to see what the Dwarves and humans think of each other.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:17 AM   #80
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

Quote:
Nova -- We appear to be cross-posting in the game; I went ahead and put up my post, but will edit it as needed when yours is ready.
Yes, we did seem to cross post. However, as I hadn't finished mine at the time you posted, I just made the end so that it would fit with yours.. Or at least I think so. Anyway, I am, too, happy to edit if there is anything. Also, I'm very happy for Grash, thinking that Rhând might be good after all.

Alak - A conflict would be rather neat. But at the time, Rhând will not be willing to confront anyone unless someone (in this case your character and Bęth's(?)) have something to threaten him with. Anyway, currently I have very limited computer access, so I don't know if I have time for much planning right now. But I'm very interested in what you have in mind, so I'll be PMing you when I have my computer back.

Reminder; I will not be able to post before Friday again. (If I'm lucky, I'll manage Thursday!)

Cheers,
Nova