User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2002, 08:29 AM   #201
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The dark elf carefully choose his words. The urgency of the situation was at hand, and a choice had to be made. A choice that he felt he had no right to make for them.

“We draw near to the south. It is a place of grave danger, and enemies of whose kind I have not seen since the great battle long age, in my youth” he sighed heavily and looked at Anarya. “I know the duty your liege lord has given you, but I fear also for your safety.”

He held his hand up as she began to protest. “I do not doubt your skill, nor your courage, please believe that! I would choose no other to be at my side.

He placed a hand on her shoulders.

We have seen much... and I fear we will see even more. Things more foul and evil than those that we have encountered.” He pointed to the direction he had spotted the other group. “Yonder another group awaits. Perhaps to meet the mortals... but something fills me with dread for they do not seem like those we have already encountered.

Now a choice faces me that I cannot make alone. I would continue my task, but perhaps it is prudent if you return to the Elvenking and tell him what you have seen. I would bring you near the borders of your realm, where we must part soon after. I cannot, nay, do not have the right to ask you to come with me to Dol Goldur. It would grieve me deeply should any harm come to thee...” He gazed at her sadly and gave her the silver coin she had found. “Show this to Lord Thranduil and the elven prince, Legolas. Perhaps when they take counsel, a light can be shed and they will know what is needed to be done.”

Khelek went to Rûdhchamion and pawed at the dark elf’s arm. The elf smiled at him, "you must stay with her. I trust you to keep her from harm’s way!

But what is it that you fear? The wolf-pup asked. The dark elf’s smile faded a bit. Many things.

The young elf maiden was in deep thought.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:10 AM   #202
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Fair Amaryllis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fair Amaryllis
White-Hand

As she hurried past the guards, she tried to keep her crying quiet. However, she still feared Gayahithwen could hear her.

"He seemed so perfect for me. I was so stupid for thinking I could ever find someone who could love me. Why would anyone want to?" Amaryllis turned to the elf walking beside her with tears streaming down her face.

"Don't be silly. You have many reasons to be loved. I'm sure many men wish they had the chance. Didn't you see the way nearly all of those guards looked at you when we passed by? If this guy didn't like you enough to stay here with you, then he was not worth your time. You can find someone so much better who will stay here with you and love you until the end of time." She looked at Amaryllis and could see all the pain and grief that she held inside. She gathered Amaryllis up in a big hug and tried to reassure her of the unworthiness of the elf whom she thought had been called Arloss. "Let us continue on towards the dressmakers. We shaall pick out splendid new dresses for the both of us."

"I don't feel 'splendid' so why would I get a 'splendid' dress?" Amaryllis asked half to herself as the walked on.
Old 06-14-2002, 04:33 PM   #203
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

We will not leave you to face the Enemy alone! Khelek protested to Rûdhchamion, voicing what Anarya was evidently going to say. We have come so far, and seen so much. I do not know exactly what it is you fear, but we will still go anyways! Rûdhchamion looked sadly into the wolf-pup's valiant, clear blue eyes.

It would be too much to ask you to come, Rûdhchamion answered simply. There are worse enemies than Orcs, enemies that could take your very soul away. I am trying to protect you from them. Khelek didn't answer, pondering further on what argument he should make.

Khelek sniffed the air, the heavy scent of Men in it, along with the scent of damp wood, old earth, and the sweetness of a flower blooming somewhere. Anarya stirred from her thought.

"I have no answer to your kind words, but I cannot go back to Thranduil while our quest is still incomplete. I would not admit defeat while I still stand," Anarya remarked.

Honorable your words are, and yet they hold less truth that they once did, Khelek said slowly, broadcasting his thoughts. To go back is not necessarily to admit defeat, nay, not in this case. We all have our parts to play, and though they may seem small, it is the outcome that matters the most. Khelek's eyes however, were speaking something else. Rûdhchamion raised his eyebrow incrudiously. The wolf-pup was speaking something else that had nothing to do with the words he had said.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:58 PM   #204
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Anarya sat, shocked at what Rudhchamion had said. Her? Leave? Never, she could not and would not.

Anarya looked over at him, her green eyes set in her desicion, "I am sorry Rudhchamion, but I cannot allow you to cast me off back to the Prince and King like a whimpering puppy," She sent a quick apology for the simile to Khelek, "I have my honor to uphold. I am no coward to run from things. And what about your safety? It would grieve me deeply if anything happened to you! You don't know how much it would! I have to stay and protect you if the need should come! We are a team!" Anarya stood, feeling frustration pulse through her mind.

How could he even suggest sending her away?!

"I refuse to leave!" She annouced firmly to Rudhchamion who had stood, quietly listening to her outburst. Anarya waited for a reply...
Old 06-16-2002, 12:20 AM   #205
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion sighed, incredulous at what Khelek had implied in his reply. As young as the wolf-pup was, he had a noble bearing and a courageous heart. The dark elf then stared silently at Anarya’s determined look. He knew he could not deter her from what she had already chosen.

“Very well, if that is what you choose.” He then stopped as he realized something she said. It both gladdened and pained him. He could feel that something between them was growing, but there was a dire task at hand.

“But as Khelek had said, to go back is not necessarily to admit defeat; truly not in this situation.” He knelt beside her, meeting her gaze. “ I would then ask a promise from you… both of you.

Should the situation arise, and I am caught, either in battle or overpowered, you must leave me and go to Thranduil. He must be alerted to the danger that threatens his realm and elvenkind. That is your mission after all, and -”

He stopped suddenly and turned sharply towards the direction of the figures hidden beyond the trees some distant away. Motioning for them to keep quiet, he climbed the tree once more. Something had caught his attention. It was more of a sudden feeling of awareness.

The dark elf looked intently towards the hidden figures, concentrating. He let his mind try to “read” whatever being was there. He gasped as he felt a cold chill suddenly penetrate his mind, like a sharp blade suddenly being thrust through him.

Anarya and Khelek were alarmed as he had suddenly gone pale, breaking out in cold sweat. “Rudhchamion?”

The dark elf shook his head, trying to clear his mind. Anarya placed the pup in a secure intersecting branch before she, too, climbed the tree.

“What is it?”

“Torog!” He whispered hoarsely, using the elvish word for troll. “And something else I do not know…”
Old 06-16-2002, 03:24 PM   #206
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek growled and squirmed in his place in the trees. An uneasy feeling had been growing in him as they strayed nearer and nearer to Dol Goldur. A strange vision caused him to whimper in pain. Large hodded figures were looming up in his vision, with breaths like icy wind. Daggers glinted in the pale light and their glowing eyes bore into him. Shrieks of pain shrilled his ears. Khelek shook his head to find that he was still in the tree.

What is it? Rûdhchamion asked weakly, as if from the distance.

The hooded figures, Khelek answered, still frightened. There is one coming! There is something about them... they are not the Nazgul of the Dark Lord... less terrifying, and not more than mere wisps of shadow... but... Khelek trailed off.
Old 06-16-2002, 04:28 PM   #207
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Leighlei has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Leighlei
Silmaril

The girls were met by the irate warrior-maiden as she strode away from the dressmakers. She was clad in the leather of a warrior- the scanty wraparound, the little top, her spear at her sie and her hair mingled once again with feathers and suede and leather straps, a braid here, a braid there. She seemed enfuriated. "They won't give me my clothes back!" She cried. "They gave me NEW CLOTHES!"
Old 06-16-2002, 10:42 PM   #208
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion looked with concern at the wolf-pup. Gathering Khelek in his arm, trying to decipher the pup's fear. "You are here with us brave Khelek. You will be safe, I promise you. Only keep quiet, keep calm. Do not let fear overcome you."

He handed the pup to Anarya and whispered. "Comfort him awhile and keep him calm."

He directed the elf maiden further up the tree. Where she could perch safely between interwining branches without fear of falling. The wolf-pup too was quite safe, and comfortable, being allowed a little freedom of movement among the sturdy branches. The dark elf calculated he would be able to jump to the next tree if need be, allowing him clear shot of any enemy to stand their ground.

He was unsure if the enemy would actually pass them. It was more likely those hidden would meet with the mortal, Micanar. Rûdhchamion hope this was so.

He cast an assuring smile at Anarya and Khelek.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:38 AM   #209
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya smiled back wearily. She was shaking. Rudhchamion had said there might be a troll. She had heard of trolls and from the sound of it, she didn't like them.

Khelek squirmed in her arms, seeming agitated, but Anarya was just as nervous and held him down securely in her arms. She watched Rudhchamion perched below her looking out in the direction from where the strangers had been seen. Anarya didn't want to look up but finally curiosity got to her.

She looked up to she a dark host hauling what seemed a tall terrible creature. Anarya shivered. It felt as if something cold had just gone down her back, like pond water dripping down her spine leaving her feeling violated and frighted, terribly fightened. These were not regular mortals, and they were getting closer to the elves and wolf pup's hiding place...

[ June 18, 2002: Message edited by: Anarya SilverBranch ]
Old 06-18-2002, 10:31 PM   #210
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The dark elf felt Anarya's alarm, and as he turned to see if she was alright, he saw a large black figure loom above them. Rûdhchamion's eyes widened in shock at the terrible sight.

He inched silently towards the elf maiden. When he finally reached her, he saw that she was shivering, trying to control her fear. Taking the Khelek from her, he placed the pup on a wide intertwining branch and readied his bow. He saw Anarya do the same and both pride and admiration of this elf lass grew. Untried as she was in the heat of battle, she was of quick mind and had never let her fear overwhelm her.

He placed a hand on her arm and motioned for her to keep still. She inhaled and nodded her understanding. He postioned himself on an adjacent branch, so he could get a better view around them, but kept him hidden among the thick leaves.

The dark ones! There are Dark Shadows! Khelek said through mind speech to the two elves.

Keep calm, little one! Let not your fear betray you, The dark elf answered him.

Rûdhchamion tensed at what the wolf-pup had said. He readied himself for any attacks, keeping alert, saying a silent prayer to Elbereth. He felt Anarya do the same.

They waited as the dark presence seem to surround them. An unearthly fog was rolling in like a small wave, covering the forest floor.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:27 PM   #211
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya watched as a sickening mist flooded the forest below them. Anarya clutched her bow till her knuckles turned white. Fear choked the air like the aptmoshphere inside a quarantine.

Rudhchamion stood nearby, holding his bow up, bold and not shaking like she. Anarya felt ashamed. She wished she could be as brave as Rudhchamion, but then a saying came into her mind. Courage is not the absence of fear. It struck her heart. Her mother had told her that. Anarya held the arrow tighter and looked directly into the fog. Feeling stronger she readied herself. Death, if Illuvatar willed it, but she knew one thing, she would die bravely.

As she watched the fog below her, she saw three large steeds being riden by a black figures emerge from the smog, leading a disusting thing, humongous and almost comical. Anarya would have laughed at it in any other situation. She watched as they passed below. She held her breath, Rudhchamion seemed to be doing the same. Suddenly, the last rider stopped right beneath them. Anarya closed her eyes praying that it would leave...
Old 06-20-2002, 03:25 AM   #212
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion stiffened as the black figure stopped directly below their hiding place. He silently beaded an arrow, aiming straight at the figure. He knew that should he let fly his arrow, their place of concealment would be revealed. He was unsure if he could outlast more than the three riders. He felt there were more enemies unseen; the trolls he had detected, and orcs… who knew what else.

Below the dark rider hesitated a bit more, looking about. The rider’s steed snorted, its nostrils flaring. Then it slowly moved on towards the direction of the other riders. The fog swirling about the feet of the horse, who like its rider was as black as death.

He quickly glanced at Anarya. She was pale, but had a determined look on her face. Khelek, too was still, but the dark elf could see the pup had bared his fangs. He motioned for them to keep quiet as the last rider rode on. Several faint noises could still be heard going about, their source hidden among the thick fog.

He waited.
Old 06-20-2002, 09:32 AM   #213
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Night seemed to be cast upon the wood, even though Anarya knew that it was mid day. The fog from the forest floor rose to the tree tops, drenching the elve's clothing with a soggy mist and dampening the pup's white coat to a dismal gray. The world seemed still, waiting and watching for the companions. The once friendly forest became their enemy, to betray them at any minute.

Anarya sat still for what seemed like an eternity. The fog was so thick now she could barely make out the forms of Khelek and Rudhchamion. Then by some miricle, a few stray sun rays cut their way through the heavy blanket of mist, burning the evil smog to nothing but air, and then the world seemed light again, filled with sunshine.

Anarya relaxed, her muscles felt like silk now, leafy and uncontrolable. She sank down in the tree branch, clinging to the mighty oak's trunk with relief.

"What was that?" She asked Rudhchamion wearily...
Old 06-20-2002, 09:51 AM   #214
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

A shadow, Khelek answered grimly, ears held back firmly to his head and his usually noble tail drooping. But I don't know their purpose - if they are searching for us, the Men, or something else. But it is apparent that they will hinder us on our journey. Anarya shivered in the weak sunlight that barely surpassed the thick fog. Rûdhchamion felt his immediate dread decrease, but the watchfulness of the woods told him that there were countless other perils would try them company.

You have a good sense Khelek, Rûdhchamion told the wolf pup. Do you sense any danger lurking near?

Khelek sniffed the wind, eyes peering into the darkness like no Elf could. The shadows are still nearby, but are swfitly dwindling into the north. But for miles around, the wood is quiet... too quiet and watchful. Rûdhchamion hesitated. Anarya eyed them both, or at least their dim figures in the fog. She could make out two pinpricks of lights, which were the pup's eyes, but nothing else.

"Where do we go now?" Anarya inquired, running a hand down the shaft of an arrow, gaining courage from the smooth wood and finely carved point.
Old 06-21-2002, 03:33 AM   #215
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion peered into the declining fog, thinking. He was still wary of the riders though a few rays of the sun were beginning to penetrate the dimness. Strangely though, he thought, it seemed that the darkness threatened to overcome daylight more often. Glancing about, he decided to take a chance and jumped down from the tree to investigate.

“Stay where you are, I will be but a moment,” he said to Anarya quietly. To the young wolf he said, Khelek, alert us of any sign of unexpected company.

He felt the ground damp beneath his boots. The dark elf strode a few meters from the oak, and from behind an elm, checked the location of the men. The mortals were no longer there, and he was going to move further onwards when he spotted them partially hidden among a cluster of trees a few meters from their original location. Another group had joined them. He was getting closer it seemed to those he had long sought for.

He smiled grimly.

The dark elf did not notice something long and thick, slithering towards him, hidden by the thickness of the fog along the forest floor. Then faster than a blink of an eye, Anarya and the wolf-pup watched horrified as a root-like tentacle wrapped the dark elf’s leg. More tentacles appeared from the ground as the elf struggled, his knife in one hand, desperately slashing from the evil horror that had come from the earth.
Old 06-21-2002, 03:53 AM   #216
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Looking at Sauche, Gayahithwen couldn't help but smiling. She quickly hided her smile behind her hand, but not before Sauche had seen it. She cleared her throat and took Amaryllis arm in a firm grip.

"I don't think you two have been properly introduced. Amaryllis, this is Sauche, a warriorelf who is now under king Thranduil's protection. Sauche, this is Amaryllis, by the king proclaimed as the most beautiful elven maiden of non royal blood in Mirkwood." Sighing deeply, she smiled a little bit. "Whats wrong with those clothing they gave you now, then, Sauche? I think they are looking great! We were actually going here to get some new dresses for ourselves, so if you please, come with us back in and I will try to talk with them."

She slowly shaked her head.. How was she supposed to take care of these two.. at the same time? They were both a bit strange, even more now since Amaryllis was heartbroken and Sauche couldn't adjust herself to the life in the kings palace. They could probably use some kind of change.. Sighing even more, she thought about how much she would be scolded when getting back to the kitchen..
Old 06-21-2002, 07:42 AM   #217
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

"Fairest, huh?" Sauche looked her over. "Well, you can't be the fairest if you don't shape up! Stand up straight! Smile! Stop looking as if you are constepated!" Sauche grinned. This elf maiden was pretteir. Far prettier than Sauche, with her scars... Sauch lifted a hand to her face as if to hide it, then quickly drew it away. "Did you tell Amaryllis that I was the one who carried her back> I'm sure she remembers, though..." She grinned at Gayahithwen, her friend. The first friend she had ever made, really. "Now, lets go see if I can't get my clothes back."
Old 06-21-2002, 01:22 PM   #218
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Her playful joking did little to brighten Amaryllis' mood. She wanted to run off into the forest and be left alone forever. Someone else would be named prettiest. She was certainly feeling ugly now since Sauche had drawn attention to her slouching shoulders and unsmiling face.

"I have no reason to smile" she said half-heartedly. "I just want to get my dress and be gone. Perhaps I could go into the forest and never return. Maybe I could be captured by something large and horrible and never return."

She thought these things to be better alternatives to living without Arloss. She missed him so bad. She wanted him to be alive still. She wanted it with all of her being. She would have died if it had meant he would live. Her mind was cruel and constantly brought up the question that if he was truly dead, she would be by now as well. Perhaps they had made a mistake. Perhaps it was another elf that looked like Arloss. She wanted it to be another elf. It had to be another elf.

She blinked and remembered where she was. In front of the dressmakers about to go in and get a dress. Maybe she could just get some pants like Sauche wore. She could put up her hair with twigs and feathers and all just like Sauche and go off and be a wanderer. The forest seemed to be beckoning to her. She turned round and looked at it. Its trees swayed and the wind whispered in the leaves. It sounded like it was telling her to come in and live alone forever there. She almost started towards it but Gayahithwen pinched her and pulled her inside the small building. She looked around at a place she used to love to come to. Now it seemed small and suffocating. The lush fabrics seemed like they would cover her and bind her so tightly that she wouldn't be able to breathe. She didn't want to be here but she couldn't run around wearing a bedsheet. She picked out a dress, a rather unflattering one at that and put it on. It didn't look so great but she didn't really care anyway. She purchased it and told Gayahithwen that she was done already. Gayahithwen had just begun to try on a single dress when Amaryllis stepped out of the door and headed towards the forest.

Halfway to the trees just beyond the borders of the town, Thalig stopped her and asked to speak to her privately. She didn't want to talk to anyone but Thalig was a good friend and she couldn't just ignore him.

"Amaryllis," he began. "When the guards and I went back to find Arloss' body, in order to give it a dignified burial, we couldn't find it. It was gone. We feared the orcs were stilll in the area so we thought his body to be taken as trophy. We were in much danger and returned wuickly to town. I thought I should tell you. Everyone has heard what you did. Are you okay?" his voice carried a tone of pure concern in it. He almost reached out and touched her face but held his hand back.

She looked at him like a sister would look at a brother. Why was he such a good friend to her? Why was anyone friends with her. SHe must have always been horribly concieted so why would anyone want to be around her? She assured him she would be fine and she finally was on her way towards the forest. Sure she would find a friendly home there. Consolation for her heart.
Old 06-21-2002, 02:39 PM   #219
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Sauche thought she might feel bad for following the fair one, but she had a sense that this girl, who has hastily and obviously chosen a dress in order to just leave the dressmakers, would get into trouble, leaning against a nearby wall in a shadow, she watched the the interaction between the two, her heart sank and she cast her eyes downward.

'Someone cares for you...'
She thought, she meant this as if she was speaking to Amarillys of course.
'Why waste your life on someting lost? Sure you loved him...but...to know what love is is a great thing in unto itself.'

Sauche crossed her arms over her chest and looked up at them again, then stepped fluidly out of the shadows on curvacious, solid legs, boot-clad feet almost silent against the ground as she strode towards the gate. The man stopped her.
"Where are you going, miss?"
"Home." She said gruffly. She shoved him out of the way with an ease that astonished him and walked on, a little behind the fair one. Even if the preserve was hers, she still considered the forest her home, the place she had lived all her life. Sighing... she looked up at the sky. Wondering about all the others she had met, the dark elf, and the prince. Wondering what they were doing, and why she was alone.

[ June 21, 2002: Message edited by: Leighlei ]
Old 06-21-2002, 08:38 PM   #220
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya had no time to think when the thing grabbed Rudhchamion's leg, but instinct took hold when her common sense had halted.

Anarya quickly drew an arrow from her quiver and let it fly from her bow. It struck the tenacle thing, that had wrapped itself around the dark elf, with a sickening thud. It seemed as if the creature cried out in pain and released Rudhchamion's leg from its grasp. The thing whipped around in anguish and slithered back to the darkness from which it had come from.

Rudhchamion took the advantage and ran to the oak tree where Khelek and Anarya still sat concealed and climbed up the branches, bark slippery with mist. The dark elf's leg was bleeding but other than that he looked unscathed.

Yet the screech from the creature had caught the attention of the men...
Old 06-22-2002, 08:05 AM   #221
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion ignoring his wound, looked wildly below, intently searching out whatever it was that had attacked him. It seemed the nearer they drew to Dol Goldur, the more foul the woods became. Even the plants seemed to their own “life” – a monstrosity of the flora it should actually have been. The dark elf suspected an evil connection to all of it, though he knew not how, or why.

“Thank you,” he said to the elf maiden, with a faint smile.

Resheathing his blade, he unslung his bow. The noise from the plant-creature had drawn unwanted attention. The dark elf cursed himself silently, he should have been more cautious. He hoped his chance to find the orc company who were responsible for his family’s death would not be in vain.

He heard Khelek softly growl. Rûdhchamion turned to see the young wolf’s eyes burning with inner light. One that he had seen in those packs that use to roam Greenwood to hunt freely. This one will grow to be a formidable hunter, the elf thought silently.

“Be ready. They seem to be a small band, but a troll or two among them could prove dangerous,” he whispered, keeping an eye towards the mortals’ group. “Though most trolls stay out of daylight, there is one kind known to resist it. Avoid it if you can, aim for its eyes if you must. Its skin is tough, doubly so with armor. Your arrows will be sorely tested, Anarya Silverbranch. But I have faith, elven-steel will prove a match to those creatures of the dark.”

Khelek, beware. Stay alert. I know you will be tempted to attack those that have harmed thee. Choose thy prey well, and stay alive! Rûdhchamion told the white wolf-pup.

Just then he saw the group ahead of them split-up. The mortals, with Micanar among them were going ahead! A dozen armored orcs and men came out from the group of trees. A troll with a large axe was among them as well as wargs. A wolf-rider was leading them.

The dark elf let fly his arrow as soon as an orc came in range, hitting it between the eyes. Another arrow followed his from Anarya’s bow, downing a big black warg. As one, the elves picked their target, letting not a single arrow go to waste. Before the orc archer could ready his aim, an arrow nearly lifted him off his feet, another beside him was struck in the eye.

The troll proved a harder target to down, as the dark elf expected. And the wolf-rider had a heavier armor than most.

The enormous troll charged wildly at their tree, swinging its large battle-axe at the oak’s trunk. The oak shuddered at the impact, but its wide, sturdy body withstood the strike. The elves took aim at the monster’s eyes, angering it more as an arrow found its mark. It swung at the tree once more.

The dark elf jumped down, bouncing onto the head of the troll before nimbly landing on the ground. This of course infuriated the beast, and as the elf expected, it came after him, drawing it away from his companions. The beast may be big, but it lumbered on clumsily, and the dark elf knew he had speed on his side.

Dodging a wild swing aimed particularly at his head, Rûdhchamion shot its other eye before running quickly from its reach. The troll’s wail of pain and rage reverberated among the trees. Taking advantage of this, the dark elf shot two arrows to its mouth.

He used another arrow to stab an orc in the neck, which had come from his left before he took another shot at the huge beast. It swung its heavy axe once more, blindly, hitting an unfortunate orc nearby. Finally, the troll fell forward with a huge thud, unto the ground.

The dark elf felt beads of sweat run down his face, and he turned to see Anarya take aim at the wolf-rider. Spotting a sword, he quickly grabbed it and headed towards her. A warg leaped at him, and he met it with the point of the sword. Casting the dead wolf aside, he went to the aid of the young elf maiden.
Old 06-22-2002, 11:30 AM   #222
Gayahithwen
Wight

Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Trying to find a dress that wasn't to much colorful and expensive, Gayahithwen saw some comfortable tunic and pants. Guessing that if she was to "hang out" with Sauche and Amaryllis, she would have more use of those, she got them and quickly put them on. Turning around, she saw that Sauche was allready heading out of the door. Sauche was following Amaryllis and Gayahithwen followed Sauche. She quickened her steps in order to catch up with Sauche. This clothes was comfortable, but she wasn't really used to them. Her hair was getting in the way as well - she would have to get some braids.. Catching up with Sauche, she wondered:

"Where do you think she is heading?"

Sauche replied:
"To the forest. Gayahithwen, I don't think she will come back if we let her out there.."

"Please, call me Gaya.. all my friends do! And you are my friend, right?"
Old 06-22-2002, 11:36 AM   #223
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya retrieved one of her red feathered arrows from her quiver and sent it into the heart of the rider before he could draw his sword. Anarya saw, out of the corner of her eye, Rudhchamion in combat an orc.

Anarya leapt to the forest floor, with the intention to help him, but found herself face to face with another orc. Anarya drew her dagger and drove it into the orc. The monster fell to the ground. Only a few orcs were left now.

Anarya let another group of arrows fly into the group of remaining orcs but only took out a couple. Rudhchamion had killed the orc he had been fighting with and noticed now that Anarya had leapt from the oak. He called for her to get back up in the tree but before she could, Anarya felt an arm seize her so she could not move and the cold steel edge of a knife at her neck.

"This maid's life is in your hands, dark elf!" Came the voice of the person who held the knife to Anarya's neck.

Anarya reconized the voice. Micanar, the mortal...
Old 06-22-2002, 02:57 PM   #224
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

She turned back to Gaya and smiled. "Yes, I guess I am..." Looing slowly back to Amaryllis' departing back, she sighed. "We have to stop her. She grew up on tea parties and flowers, not wargs and wolves. She'll get herself killed. C'mon." Grabbing her companion's hand she hurried after the fair elf maiden....
Old 06-22-2002, 03:25 PM   #225
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek watched as Anarya leapt down to join Rûdhchamion in the fray. He readied his muscles to follow, feeling his rippling muscles surge with power. A slight breeze that barely shifted the fog blew a scent to Khelek. Inhaling deeply, the wolf pup smelled the damp earth, the stank Orcs, the rotting smell of the troll. Khelek shifted through these scents, and one scent he made out finally. A Man.

Khelek looked back down at Anarya and Rûdhchamion fighting valiantly, then wisked into the shadows that leaped up to greet him. In the thick brush full of tangles and decaying leaves he picked his way, careful to avoid being smelled by the Orcs.

Khelek positioned himself behind the Man, but Micanar's arm shot out to grab Anarya. Khelek surpressed a growl and inched forward as a pale shadow amongst the leaves.

"This maid's life is in your hands, dark elf!" Micanar said, almost jeering in delight, a knife blade held up to Anarya's neck. The Orcs had stopped their attack and were now in a silent circle surrounding Rûdhchamion. Khelek continued to worm his way forward, every muscle quivering, wanting to launch himself at the Man's neck. Rûdhchamion made no move, but his hand gripped the sword hilt tightly, and he was shaking in anger.

Khelek took another step forward, inhaling the man's scent. He hated it, hated it so much that he would've clamped down on Micanar's neck and never let go. But the look that Rûdhchamion gave him, for Rûdhchamion had seen the flickering gaze of the wolf pup, told him to attack at a precise time, when it would do as much hurt to Micanar as possible in the least amount of time. The leaves rustuled, and at the same time Khelek leaped forth with as much strength as his slender legs could give, his fur rippling in the wind, and a fierce battle cry.

Khelek clamped onto the arm with which Micanar was holding the knife, and bore his sharp teeth straight into the Man's flesh, gripping tightly. Rûdhchamion gave a cry and pulled Anarya free. Micanar struggled with the wolf, now using his other arm to slash at it with a dagger. Khelek winced as the dagger slashed his left hindquarter, but continued hanging on. he was too small for Micanar to reach properly and drive a killing blow.

Run! he said silently to Anarya. Rûdhchamion fought with the Orcs that had now seperated him from Khelek,,,
Old 06-22-2002, 07:11 PM   #226
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

LúthienTinúviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to LúthienTinúviel Send a message via AIM to LúthienTinúviel
Sting

Tinuiel huddled on the ground with the other prisoners. The Black Figures were upon them. At their heels slithered a sickly mist. It coiled about the figures and wrapped itself around the prisoners. The world became a grey nightmare. Tinuiel's breath caught in her throat. She felt as if pale, white fingers were circling her throat and squeezing the life from her. She tried to cry out, but the choking noise that forced itself from between her lips smacked against the brick wall of mist.

What is this fell magic? thought Tinuiel as she struggled to save her mind from the fear that hung palpable in the air. I must find out. I feel that these figures are the cause of Mornovarion's grief, and much more besides.

Tinuiel raised her head--slowly. Her face was fey, but her eyes burned with a fell fire. She began to crawl through the white nightmare. She could see nothing, but the waves of fear that washed upon her were coming from her right, so toward the fear she crept. Each inch that brought her closer to the hooded figures brought her soul nearer breaking point. She heard a hissing voice in her head. Fool, do you challenge us? You know nothing of us--a pause-- or our master.

Tinuiel's heart froze for a moment, but the fire in her eyes blazed brighter and spread warmth throughout her body. I care not for idle threats, replied Tinuiel to the faceless mist. Tell me who you are, and then we shall see what substance lies behind your speech.
from dawn to dusk, from sun to sea.

http://www.thereandbackagain.net
Old 06-23-2002, 07:27 AM   #227
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion fought his way through the fray, trying to reach Khelek and Micanar. He had seen the man wound the young wolf and strove to aid him. An orc pressed forward and the dark elf parried the blow with his sword, using his dagger to deliver the killing slash to the neck. He whirled just in time to avoid another attack, and struck out at another orc, beheading the creature.

“Khelek!” The dark elf desperately shouted and fought his way to the brave young wolf. He saw the mortal shake the pup off. Khelek landed a few feet from Micanar, who advance towards the pup menacingly. An arrow landed at the mortal’s feet, and the dark elf heard Anarya’s frustrated cry at missing the man. But it forced the man to retreat from the fallen canine.

The dark elf finally reached the pup’s side and came between him and the mortal. Dark anger consumed him as he stared into the face of Micanar, the one who had a hand in his family’s death. Pennnauriel’s death.

With a shout, Rûdhchamion lunged at the mortal. Micanar was able to parry his blow and countered. An orc saw an opening and pressed an attack as well. The dark elf’s skill was sorely tested as he felt the biting edge of steel slash his leg. Ignoring the pain, he feinted an opening and when the orc came in to press his attack, the dark elf brought his blade point up, killing him.

Micanar slashed out at the dark elf, who avoided the blow. He heard a faint thud of an arrow, and knew the young elf maiden’s aim was keeping other orcs from aiding the mortal. Rûdhchamion continued his attack.

The mortal ‘s foot slipped but rolled to the side, avoiding the blow of the dark elf’s sword. He was able to grab a handful of dirt and threw it at the elf, blinding him. Rûdhchamion stepped back quickly, wiping his eyes. The man quickly got up once again, warily circling his opponent.

Micanar suddenly lunged at the elf, who met his attack head on. The noise of the blades’ impact rang through the trees. Though half blind, the elf was still agile enough to fight. Rûdhchamion countered and feinted, waiting for an opening. Cold determination to kill the mortal rendered him numb from the pain of battle.

Finally, his chance came. As the mortal brought his blade up, the dark elf seized the opportunity to turn the point of his own blade towards the mortal. The look on the man’s face was one of surprise as he stared at the hilt of the sword protruding from his chest. The dark elf pushed his sword forward until he could feel the mortal’s strangled breathing, feel and smell the man’s blood drip to the ground.

Pulling his sword free, he let the human’s body fall lifeless to the ground.

“I’ve kept my word to the Elvenking. The human died outside the boundaries of his realm.” The dark elf said coldly. He felt no satisfaction in killing the human, it would make his hunt a bit more difficult now. There was still those who lived who had a hand in his kin’s murder. And he would find them.

He turned to the Khelek who gave a soft whine. The pup had a wound on his hind leg. Rûdhchamion carried the young wolf, cradling him in one arm, the sword in the other.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:19 PM   #228
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Most of the orcs had been killed by the time of the mortal man's death. The monsters who had not met their end with an elvish arrow had fled. The bodies of their dead comrades scattered the forest floor. The fog had lifted, the ground wet with the memory of the mist. The light of the sun could been seen but faintly through the thin layer of clouds that covered the sky.

Anarya followed Rudhchamion through the wood as he carried Khelek. She felt ashamed for her stupidity that had caused them both injury. She knew she should had stayed in the tree. They came to a concealed glade where the green grass was not as wet as in other places. Rudhchamion lay the pup down upon the soft grass. The little wolf whimpered softly than lay his head down. Silently, the two elves bound and cared for the pup's wound. Thankfully, it was not as serious as Anarya had first thought.

"He will heal, right?" She asked Rudhchamion as he tied the makeshift bandage around the pup's leg.

"Yes, Khelek is strong for one so young. He will live." Rudhchamion answered not looking up from the wolf pup.

Anarya felt a surge of guilt wash over her mind, "I'm sorry I put you and Khelek in danger," She said standing, "Its my fault you both are hurt. I am sorry,"
Old 06-23-2002, 05:40 PM   #229
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek whimpered, raised his head off of the damp earth, and licked Anarya's hand. Rudhchamion looked up from his own wound. His glance met Anarya's. The two looked away nervously. Khelek sat up experimentally and watched Rudhchamion bind his own wound. No one said anything as the sun filtered in through the bough-less branches still dripping with dew.
Old 06-23-2002, 07:49 PM   #230
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Boots

She knew Sauche and Gaya followed her but she didn't care. They could try to stop her but she needed to be alone. She couldn't live if she didn't have love. She wished he had stayed and not gone out to fight. She had stepped one foot into the trees when Sauche grabbed her and pulled her back.

"What do you think you are doing?" she commanded of Amaryllis rather than asked.

"I'm going into the forest what does it look like I'm doing?"

"Do you know what's out there? Things that could kill you in such an evil way you don't want to know. I've come too close to them, myself."

"I don't care what's out there. I can't stay here without him. Why am I still breathing? Why am I still alive? I should be dead from heartbreak. But I'm not and I can't stand it anymore. I just can't stand it." Tears were pouring from her eyes and she used what strength she had to keep Sauche and Gaya from pulling her back towards town.

"Come on Amaryllis. You can't go out there. Stay here with us in the city. You're still alive becuase he wasn't meant for you. If he were who you truly were supposed to end up with, you really would have been gone by now." Gaya tried to convince her to come back with them but it didn't seem to be working so well.
Old 06-24-2002, 02:01 AM   #231
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Wondering wheter or not that really was the right thing to say, Gayahithwen opened her mouth again, but this time Amaryllis broke free from Sauche's grip and ran off further into the forest. Sighing deep, Gayahithwen ran after her, together with Sauche. This would probably be a long day.
Old 06-24-2002, 10:47 AM   #232
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

When hearing a noise, Daegon spun around. He raised his eyes and fisrt thought that it was.. But no, it wasn't his sister. It was just a girl who ran past his hidingplace, with tears running down her cheeks. When he was just about to rise, two other girls was running past him. Looking back to see if someone else was running after them, and noticing that it was not the case, Daegon ran after them. Even though hiding from them, he held the same speed as they did. He thought about how much the first one had resembled him of his sister, but managed to get the thoughts out of his mind. If he was ever to succeed in getting his sister back, he couldn't think like that.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:10 AM   #233
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

suicidal elf chick has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

A young girl looked down at the scene below her. A man had been sitting next to a fire, but he just got up and started running after two or three girls. She climbed down from her post in the giant oak tree and looked around for signs of other people around. Seeing none, she began to chase after the others in the shadows, intending to find out what all the fuss was about. Suddenly, there was a crackling sound behind her.

"Who are you, and what are you doing?" a shadowy form asked, pinning her to the ground.

"What's it to you?" she asked, kicking up with her legs and managing to get the person in the back of their neck. The form was knocked out and crumpled immediately. She jumped up and struck a match.

"Let's see just who you are," she said to herself, flipping the unconcsious form over. The answer shocked her. It was her best friend, Elipo. He was tall, like her, and was almost the exact opposite. He liked being the center of attention. She hated attracting attention to herself.

"Hey, Elipo, wake up!" she called softly to him, gently slapping his face. "It's me, Sindeliwen. You shouldn't have attacked me like that," she said as he regained consciousness. She helped him up and began brushing herself off. Her neatly braided hair had become undone and messy in the short struggle.

"What are you doing?" Elipo asked as he leaned to the side, past Sindeliwen, looking at the direction she was going.

"I saw a man begin to chase a few girls who were already running. I wanted to see what they were doing, and why they were running. I was curious. What are you doing here?" Sindeliwen answered.

"Hunting. Hey, Sindee?" Elipo began to say, calling her her old nickname.

Suddenly, there was another sound in the underbrush, and someone else came out.

[ June 25, 2002: Message edited by: suicidal elf chick ]

[ June 25, 2002: Message edited by: suicidal elf chick ]
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 06-27-2002, 12:33 AM   #234
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rûdhchamion had found a hidden shelter where they could stay. The two elves had tended to the young wolf-pup, Anarya had washed the blood from his white fur. They risked a small fire.

“Anarya, please do not blame yourself at what be falls us. The attack was as much my fault, if fault must be found,” the dark elf said to Anarya quietly, finally speaking after a long silence. “If I hadn’t been caught by the strange plant, they would not have been alerted to our presence.”

He stroked Khelek gently, the pup had fallen into slumber. The dark elf smile as he glanced at the young elf maiden.

“Let us rest awhile. Young Khelek needs to be healed and fully rested. He will need to be carried at times. Until his leg is fully healed,” he sighed, “I will keep guard as you and he get some much needed rest.

Tomorrow at sunrise, we will take the route to Dol Goldur. We must use the trees to stay hidden… this area of the Woods I have never travailed. We must stay alert of the dangers.”

Rûdhchamion outlined his planned route to Dol Goldur from what he had seen from afar. Pointing out what could be possible ambush places, he drew a map on the ground to show them. They then rested, waiting for the new day to come.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:07 PM   #235
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"You town girls..." Sauche growled, finally stopping as Amarylis dissapeared into the dark foliage beffore them. "You're too stupid for me to comprehend! You, follow her on the ground, you're holding me back!" She shouted, being harsh, but not meaning to. She hardly glanced at Gaya's shocked, saddened face before leaping into a tree and hopping lithely from branch to branch, folowing after the maiden that had dissapeared into the wood. She didn't realize she had hurt her friend by what she had said, she was just so angry that that other elf was going to get herself killed over a fairy tale! What idiots!
Old 06-28-2002, 04:31 AM   #236
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Gayahithwen first was chocked and hurt, but then she began running after Amaryllis again. She lept so fast she possibly could, just to prove Sauche that she'd been wrong about her. She now could see Amaryllis not that far away, but she also noticed that Sauche was there. Trying to increase her speed, she tripped over a root and fell hard. Thinking that every bone in her body got to be broken she lay still for a while, then realised that she was still alive and that nothing was broken, she slowly got up. Amaryllis and Sauche had dissapeared again, but she knew in what direction. Trying to get up her speed again, she began to run once more.

She hadn't noticed the elf who almost had reached her to see if she was ok.
Old 06-28-2002, 08:37 AM   #237
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Finally catching up to, and then getting ahead of the maiden, she dropped down from the trees and landed before her, blocking the way.
"You...IDIOT!" She hollered. "Love is...Love is a thing you never ever lose!" She tried to explaint o Amaryllis what even she, someone who had never loved or been loved, knew. "Just because someone leaves, doesn't mean they are gone. You love him, love him forever! He is here! In the wind, and in your heart most of all!" She knew it didn't help that much, but she had to get this maiden out of the wood or surely she would join her lover. "And there are other people who would rather not watch you be mauled to death by a Warg, thank you!" She grabbed Amaryllis' hand and looked into her beatiful eyes with her own, mismatched and scarred ones. "I don't want to atch you die. Even if you share the same fate as your lover, he will still be dead."
Old 06-28-2002, 11:38 AM   #238
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Anarya dreamt only nightmares that night. Terrible ones, that shook her deeply. She dreamt of a large and forboding tower. Black against the red sky. She imagined black figures, shady and petrifying, riding toward her on dark horses with red eyes till they were nearly upon her with their swords, gleaming of cold, ruthless steel. She felt the cool smoothness of the blade upon her skin just before she awoke.

She sat up screaming, cold sweating running over her face and down her neck. It had been a dream and nothing more. In the dim moonlight and fading firelight she could see Khelek sitting up, alert and looking directly at her. His blue eyes worried for her.

"Anarya?" She heard Rudhchamion say. She looked over to where the elf sat by the small fire. He looked worried as well.

"I'm fine," She answered, "It was just a bad dream, a nightmare,"

"Oh, well try to get some more sleep before dawn," Rudhchamion said, looking into the flames, "We'll have a long day ahead of us when morning comes,"

Anarya stood and streched, "No," she said looking down at Khelek who had settled back down and then over to Rudhchamion again, "It is my turn to keep watch. You have taken the least rest of all three of us. I shall keep watch for the rest of the night,"

Rudhchamion did not protest as he lay down, and she was glad he did not. She was not awake enough yet to win any argument.

Anarya looked deep into the night sky, searching for the stars. She could not find them. She threw another stick upon the fire. The flames spit in protest that devoured their new victim with vengence.

Anarya looked at the dark elf. His dark hair contrasted dramatically with his fair skin in the fire light. She knew behind his closed eyelids, his eyes were grey as the sea and deep as the sky. She looked away toward Khelek where he slept quietly. He whimpered slightly and wiggled around a bit in his slumber.

"Probably chasing some squirrel," Anarya thought a with smile.

Anarya's smile widened. If she had to be on this quest, she could not have had better companions.

Dawn came, grey and cold the next morning. The sun rising over the canopy of trees, burning away the night mist. Khelek stirred and awoke first. The light was back in his eyes and he limped over to Anarya wagging his tail. He nuzzled in under her arm, to Anarya's surprise, and sat in her lap. She hugged the puppy close, praying the day would prove eventful and safe for all three...
Old 06-28-2002, 11:53 AM   #239
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Question

Khelek let Anarya absent-mindedly run her hand through his sleek fur. He licked her sweating palm and she looked down at him, smiling. Rûdhchamion groaned faintly in his sleep, twisting as if in agony of some troubling memory. Anarya set Khelek down gently to go soothe Rûdhchamion, but Khelek nudged protestingly against the maiden's leg.

Wait, Khelek cautioned. Not yet; he may remember something of use in our quest. Some deep memory is troubling him. Dreams are sometimes sent to us to help us remember things that we would rather forget. Wait, and see. Anarya nodded slightly and sat back down in a drift of leaves. Khelek brushed past her arms and lay down, eyes set on the dark elf's form lying a foot away.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:57 PM   #240
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Boots

"But I don't want to live without him. Can;t you understand that? I have no point in life if I am not with him. Why am I not dead yet? Is it because he is still alive? I like to think that if I stay in the forest long enough, he will come to me and tell me that he is all right. This wasn't just a crush. I just want to say goodbye."

She fell back against a tree and slid down the trunk until she was resting on the hard damp ground. Moss spread under her and offered some sort of cushion but not much.

"Just give me some time to think"