Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #81
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas
My condolences. So sorry...
Thank you...
Old 05-21-2007, 02:14 AM   #82
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
My condolences too... I hope you and your family do as well as you can do in such a horrible situation...

---

Does anyone else find it funny that we have Aragorn and Sam with us...?
Old 05-21-2007, 08:47 AM   #83
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
My condolances to you and your family. You all will be in my prayers.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:24 PM   #84
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I am so very sorry, Forest Elf. You and your family will be in my prayers, as well.

And I'm glad that everything is alright with you, Dunwen, and I hope it stays that way.

Apologies to everyone for my absence...it started earlier than I expected it to, as well. I foolishly expected to have time when I had far too much to do.

At any rate, we'll get this show on the road ASAP!

Thanks so much everyone! This is going to be an awesome game!!
Old 05-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #85
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pio - Apologies for the last minute addition of this - I meant to have it done before Friday, and I'm very sorry I did not.

----------------------------

Durelin's First Post for Parkun Felderth

This is a joke, Parkun thought as he scanned the people around him, a very large crowd by Bree’s standards. He smirked as he observed the mayor and the elder council of the town, wondering why everyone stood and listened to such frail hands and failing minds. White hair did not equate with wisdom.

These town meetings frustrated him to no end, and the more typical ones put him quickly to sleep, but there were appearances to consider. His father was the innkeeper of the Prancing Pony, and as the son of such a man, he had to be just as an upstanding townsperson. And what well-to-do person did not go to the town meetings?

“I know we all have what it takes to protect our land and our loved ones,” the mayor boomed, and Parkun suppressed a snort. “But in this fearful time, I am calling for a group of Defenders of Bree…” the young man began to really listen at the phrase ‘group of defenders’, “to be led by Toby Mugwort, a strong-hearted Breelander since birth.”

A group of defenders led by…a Hobbit? Parkun thought with wonder. This town was even more of a joke than he thought. A Hobbit couldn’t stand up even to whatever petty criminals or common beasts were causing a scare. When men began volunteering to be a part of the group, Kun believed they might have a chance. But then a woman was volunteered, and then a Dwarf – of all people – who sounded very full of himself, and then even more Hobbits.

What a motley crew. And the safety of the town was in their hands? Hah, Parkun laughed to himself, we’re lucky they’re not up against much. Perhaps they were quite lucky, as well. If they were already granted the lofty title of ‘Defenders of Bree’, before they had accomplished anything, this group was surely all set up for grand treatment by the other townsfolk.

Just when the mayor, and all the others present, seemed to think they had a good number of ‘Defenders’, Parkun lifted up his hand with only an awkward nod to Master Hershman, thinking that maybe it was time the innkeeper’s second eldest made some sort of name for himself.

----------------------------------

Thank you, Pio, for bearing with us.

Here is the First Post order for the game:

Crystal Heart's
Dunwen's
Dimturiel's
Forest Elf's
Mormegil's
Newsman's
Finduilas'
Thinlomien's
Farael's
Durelin's - Parkun post

Thanks so much!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:55 PM   #86
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

thank you everyone
Old 05-21-2007, 08:08 PM   #87
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Forest Elf , I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. Please accept my sincere sympathy.

Dunwen
Old 05-22-2007, 03:09 AM   #88
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The RPG thread is now open for play.

Have fun!

~*~ Pio

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminders for an RPG in play:
  • Please remove your signature from EVERY post to the RPG thread - including SAVES

• Don't use smileys in your RPG posts or icons - e.g., etc.

• Don't highlight any part of the RPG text.

• Don't use the 'Reason for Editing' function on your RPG posts. If it's critical that other players know that you've changed something, then put a post on the Discussion Thread about your edit.

• No OOC (out of character comments) on the RPG thread - use the Discussion Thread.

• SAVES should be filled within 24 hours/48 at the latest and may be removed from the game at the discretion of the moderator.

• Swearing, sexual conduct, or obscenity of any kind are absolutely prohibited. There are no exceptions.

Quote:
    . . . I always ask myself if any of these words or euphemisms for cursing would be found in Tolkien's works. So I always say no to cursing and to any 'pseudo-cursing'. They need to keep it clean. -- per The Barrow-Wight
Old 05-22-2007, 05:18 PM   #89
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwen
Forest Elf , I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. Please accept my sincere sympathy.

Dunwen
Thank you.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:31 PM   #90
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Your family is in my prayers, Forest Elf.

~*~*~

Well, the floor of the RPG is open! Post away!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:41 AM   #91
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Your family is in my prayers, Forest Elf.

~*~*~

Well, the floor of the RPG is open! Post away!
Thank you.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #92
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I've got my second post pretty much written out. I'll post it as soon as I finish ironing out a thing or two, but I just wanted to note that I wrote that Robby felt that the mood on the group was "gloomy".

'm not sure if that's where you want to go with your characters, and I would not want my post dictate your actions, so if anyone feels a little constricted by that, let me know and I will change it. Of course, Robby's perception might not be the same as everyone else's, but I just don't want to force a "mood" on the rest of you if that's not where you wanted your character to go.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:38 PM   #93
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

No worries, Farael - as I see it, you're quite right: perception is perception. All relative and all that.

And besides that, at least I think it very likely would be 'gloomy', given the subject matter.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:35 AM   #94
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm all too busy this week (it's the last school week before summer holiday), but I'll try to post something either tomorrow or on Wednesday.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:12 AM   #95
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have never RP'd before, but I take it we all know eachothers names? I'm asking because Kuric is a stranger, but people have used his name, even though he hasn't introduced himself. I will write my post as if I did know his name, but will change it if necessary.

--Finduilas--
Old 05-29-2007, 07:07 PM   #96
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Yeah, I think working on the assumption that everyone has pretty much heard everyone's name, or that even they've gone around and introduced everyone, is plenty safe.

I'll move everyone ahead to the inn very soon, if that's alright. And have Parkun figure out some maps, maybe...I'll have to figure them out too... >_>
Old 05-30-2007, 02:19 AM   #97
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Hmmmm... I don't find the situation very fruitful for me to post, so I hope it's alright if I post only after someone has responded Parkun's question...
Old 05-30-2007, 06:13 AM   #98
Newsman
Animated Skeleton

Newsman has just left Hobbiton.
Hey all, sorry I havent posted yet. I've been swamped with end of the school year stuff. Im gonna try to post today.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:46 PM   #99
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Newsman, I've given your character an opportunity to talk to Toby...

Anyone, feel free to write about walking to/arriving at the inn and ordering meals and all that...
Old 05-31-2007, 04:10 PM   #100
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have posted. Sorry for the delay
Old 05-31-2007, 10:17 PM   #101
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

No problem, Crystal. Though I'm afraid all the characters are on the move now. But don't worry, it's not too far - just to the inn.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:42 AM   #102
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I hope my post is alright with everyone as it interrupts some discussions and I hope Finduilas doesn't mind the things I mentioned about the Winkle family or Orin... Anyway just tell me if you wish me to edit anything, I have no problem with that...
Old 06-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #103
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Save filled.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:20 AM   #104
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
It looks like Orin was excepted whole heartedly.

I should get my post up today or tomorrow, sorry for the delay.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #105
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I am so sorry to do this, but I have to pull out of the game. My good friend Cordelia (along with her boyfriend) have just been found. I am a little overwhelmed with the process of helping them after their horrific ordeal and becoming basically owner of a game and a player here. I am sorry, but after much deliberation I have decided that I will have to let this game go and try to ensure that my own game comes to some sort of end as well as aid my friends during this difficult time.

I am deeply sorry for the inconvience.

Sincerely,

Crystal Heart
Old 06-09-2007, 05:26 PM   #106
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I'm sorry to hear that, Crystal (to have you out of the game, that is). There are two options: we can keep Eric as a carry-along, or this early in the adventure, it could work out fairly easily that he could just back out of the whole mission for whatever reason. More than he bargained for or something. Durelin, what do you think? Any of the rest of you have any opinions?

Anyhow, the game seemed to be stalling a little bit so I've moved the group on to the Prancing Pony.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:32 AM   #107
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I'm so very glad that Cordelia and her boyfriend have been found, though so very very sorry that anything ever happened to them. That is horrible, and frightening...

I am also so sorry you have to go through the pain along with your friend. All of you and your families will be in my prayers.

I agree, Firefoot - having Eric drop out of the adventure soon can easily be done. I'd say we should give it just a little bit and see if anyone wanted to jump into the game, but we have quite a good number of players and I do not know how many active RPers are around during the summer who want to take on a(nother) role.

Apologies to everyone - I have not been as active as I should be. Thanks for moving things along, Firefoot.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:37 AM   #108
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Strangely, I had thought that I had posted a question. I hope I didn't post it on a different thread...

Would Orin be able to sneak in and hide under a table or something? Since I have lately posted someone else can add this if they wish.

Would anyone mind that happening?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #109
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sounds fun to me! I say go ahead, and I don't think Firefoot will have a problem, but I'm sure she'll let you know if she does.

And you can always post as much as you'd like, you know...
Old 06-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #110
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lol. I know, but the more I can get out of writing the better. Just joking, of course.

I will not be able to post till Friday at earliest. Anyone can use Orin.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:01 AM   #111
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sorry for being quite inactive - it's the summer, you know. Anyway, I try to come up with something either today or tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:01 PM   #112
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had to delete my save because I didn't have the time to fill it. I'll write something as soon as I have enough time (and inspiration ), so probably next week.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #113
Newsman
Animated Skeleton

Newsman has just left Hobbiton.
Just letting you all know i didnt fall off the face of the earth. Im gonna try to get something up today or tommorrow
Old 06-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #114
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I figure it's time to officially say that from July 2nd till the 11th I will be hopping around northern Europe, and will not have net access.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:24 PM   #115
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Have great fun, Durelin!... how I envy you .

So sorry for my lack of posts. I'm working on it... kind of. I should get a post up by Sunday.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:05 AM   #116
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Just to let you know - I'm going to be out of town next week, and I'm not sure about how much internet access that I'll have.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:10 PM   #117
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
My apologies from dropping off the face of the earth! I'll try to get a post up before Monday.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #118
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Okay, Eric has been written out of the RPG. Feel free to comment on that or the upcoming journey...

Sorry, I'm pressed for time and about to leave, and I just had to write that post twice because my computer ate it.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:32 AM   #119
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Accessing links....

Good job everyone by keeping this running so well in a "slow" season like summer.

Also, wanted to pass this along.

With the shift over to the new version of the website, there have been some minor glitches, espcially in terms of clicking on links and making them work. The admins are still ironing the bugs out. Meanwhile, BW suggested this. If you click on a link like rep or try to search a thread and can't get it to work, just right click on the link and open it in a new window.

I found this worked for me.

Child
Old 07-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #120
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sorry to say, but I will be very busy 'til mid-August, but I'll try to come up with something from time to time.

Good summer for everyone!