The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2005, 12:25 AM   #41
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Silmaril ***beacon Of Truth***

Thank you for explaining Kitanna! Márcolië Lamen,
A) I'm a he
B) It was a list of the people who have posted and could be werewolves. And, like Kitanna said, if I didn't include myself in that list, it's practically saying "Perky Ent - Not a werewolf, so don't worry about looking into him. Just keep the thought out of your mind, and focus on everyone but him". I might as well wear a T-shirt that says "Lynch me, Please!"

And for my second piece of business:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
You silly, silly people. If we had a faire and brought in some more innocent people that would drastically improve our chances and virtually guarantee a villager victory. (It would also improve my revenue flow, but that's neither here nor there).
All about the money, eh Kuru? But putting that aside for now, can you explain the logic in bringing more innocents into Tinseltown? I don't know if you realize this, but the less villagers, the better your chances (probability wise, at least) of finding a wolf. It means innocents will die, and wolves can pick people off during the confusion. I do believe your last faire generated quite some revenue. Have you drained it already? I find your attitude to this whole matter rather suspicious. But I won't start trying to piece anything together until later, when we can put aside the mourning, and start to seek the truth
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 12:48 AM   #42
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*The quart of whisky has been admnstered.*

Sa-ha, buckoes...allow me divululllul-hic-ge...divulg...er...tell the secrets of crime lore. Takes one to know one! This Gaurwaith's techniques may help ye find the Gaurhoth...though mind that once the werewolves hear them, they may try to contradict them.

After I poignarded Red Fingers, the Elvenking's shirriffs and what have you were running around looking for the killer. Now they ran across me a dozen times; and I didn't risk anything. I could've told 'em Grendelgurd the Hairy did it, but then, if they thought old Grendy was innocent, they would've strung me up, wouldn't they?

So I just kept myself out of theories and possibilities, and I mourned Fingers like a brother. Ahem...that said, I'm going to keep myself out of theories and possibilities, and mourn Wilwa like a sister.

You see, when Fingers bought it, there was jist the Elvenking's police to contend with. This time...the claw of the Dark Lord is here as well as the arm of the Law. I'm scared. But what I'm saying is, don't go for the accusers, nehhh. By and large, go for the seconders, make decisions without showing feeling. In my book, they'll be the ones with whiskers.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:06 AM   #43
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
*splash* *thud* *creak*

*Spawn entered Boromir's Café smelling even worse than the phantom after umpteen pints and looked around.*

Ahem, sorry I'm late. I bought a canister of petrol and spent the whole morning trying to find a gas tank from my riksha... Yeah, laugh if you want but it's tough work to cycle all days transporting people and stuff around the village. I'd be very pleased if someone invented a two-phase motor already. In other words: if you want to get up 1:55 AM, it's fine but let me sleep late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-drunk
Don't rush to vote- and certainly do not band-wagon (in other words, don't let one person get all the votes).
I agree completely. I'd just like to remind you that there's a difference between voting with a majority because you really think someone's quilty and voting with a majority because everyone else is doing so.

So, I guess it's time to start analyzing posts, theories and reactions.

Márcolië doesn't really say anything in her two first posts. In her third post she just agrees with Perky that there are people who have not posted yet. She says that those people aren't helping enough. How have you helped, my dear? At this point you hadn't come forth with any theories.

Márcolië posts often but says very little and she's being very careful. Look at her last post, for example. First Márcolië says something but then she starts to hesitate. There's no need to be so shy to make some solid arguments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Márcolië
Also, notice how Perky Doesn't deny his(?) chance of being a werebeast. If he(?) knew himself(?) to be innocent why would he(?) include himself in the list?... though it is too early to be drawing any conclusions from anything.
I think that's rather obvious, don't you think?

Now, I'd like to have something to eat. And by drawing conclusions from your faces, I should wash this reek of petrol away.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:46 AM   #44
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Cailín had been quiet up till now. Not only had the death of poor Wilwa disturbed her greatly, she also preferred listening to what the others were saying – expecting that sooner or later, she might catch one of her fellow villagers making a Freudian slip. Alas, no one had complained about sudden shaving problems just yet.

Her little notebook – the one people assumed she used to write down their orders in – was already filled with interesting notes and scribbling about the regular customers. After all, it was quite a shock to find the phantom sober after all this time – he must be afraid, somehow, he might say too much if he were to behave in his usual fashion. Also, Boromir had lately denied her a pay raise, so there was definitely something evil going on there – but maybe it was just greediness, which is not merely a wolfish flaw.

With a desperate shrug, she decided that if nothing else, she could always get everyone as drunk as possible. There was bound to be a wolf who could not hold his (or her) liquor.

Quote:
So, I guess it's time to start analyzing posts, theories and reactions.
And I guess it's time for that, too.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:11 AM   #45
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
"Indeed Boro, I'll happily keep an eye on the phantom. I caught him swimming in my pond once when he'd had too many ales."

But the phantom's transition to sobriety was genuine. Despite several hours in the cafe, he showed no signs of inebriation.

"Now, I have no wish to attack Kuru simply because of the faire. Many of us here have odd professions. And I agree that it would be unwise to lynch him on a first day when we've nothing to go on but random accusations. I believe the best strategy is to try and stir up some response from our quieter villagers. Like I said, silence just gives the beasties cover, and we want them to talk until they give us enough to find them.

And I don't find anything all that strange in Perky's list. He knows we all suspect each other and his list was meant to demonstrate Boro's theory of who could be a wolf, which would of course include him.

Now, to stir things up a bit..."

Celuien picked up her willow wand, closed her eyes, and turned three times.

"Ah ha, I've found you! Explain yourself!"

But the wand pointed to nothingness. She opened her eyes to a chorus of laughter. Disgusted, she tossed the rod aside and peered over the room to find one who seemed to laugh louder than the rest.

"Gil-Galad! You've said little enough since we've been here, other than to bother Kitanna. And why is this so amusing? Is it because the wand should have found you and you're gloating over my failure?"
Old 09-18-2005, 05:25 AM   #46
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*coughs and addresses Celuien in smart-*** manner*

"Celuien, you seem so wise, telling everybody to speak up so the wolves cannot hide behind silence. Yet, if we all start yelling at each other, as innocents, it is far easier for the wolves to hide. When you are crying out, trying to get as much said as possible, it's far easier for the wolves to find something they can use against you, than when you stay silent and only say those things that make sense.

I'm not saying we should all remain silent and not discuss these matters, for we seem to be in serious trouble here. But you are wrong in presuming that we can only save our village by babbling. Quiet reflection and the right words at the right time can be helpful as well, maybe even more helpful sometimes, for the wolves will have no big words and long speeches to hide behind.

You can hardly hide behind silence. It is quite empty and transparent. It is far easier to hide behind the words of the innocents."

*pours another glass of wine*

"Well, at least Gil hasn't drastically changed because of this recent tragedy. Which might be suspicious. Or not."
Old 09-18-2005, 05:25 AM   #47
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Lalaith awoke, rubbed her eyes, adjusted her navel-jewel and did a few stretches and flik-flaks to get ready for the day. That was a late night that slave-driver Kuruharan forced her to work - some banquet or other for his dubious business contacts.
Let no-one think the life of a girl acrobat was a glamorous one.

Where was everyone? Down at Boromir's cafe, getting drunk - at this hour? Since she'd arrived in town with the fair, Lalaith had been under the impression it was a fairly strait-laced kind of place, full of decent, hard-working types. Not like some places she'd seen.
Listening to the febrile discussions taking place, she realised the full horror of the night's events. Her shock was so great, her navel-jewel fell out, clattering to the floor and rolling under a table unseen. Poor Wilwarin, who had been so kind - she'd been helping her develop a new balancing routine, working out weight distribution with mathematical formulae.
Lalaith listened carefully to the discussions that had been taking place while she slept. She'd knocked around a few places and thought herself a good judge of character. But good enough to spot a werebeast?
Who was trying to lead opinion, to take the lead? Some will have the villagers' best interests at heart, others, maybe not. There's that sot of a Phantom, cleaning himself up like that and handing out advice to all and sundry. Then Perky Ent seemed a little bit, well, too perky for such a sombre occasion. And what of her boss Kuruharan - she knew he was a swine to work for but could he be a wolf in pig's clothing?
Old 09-18-2005, 05:43 AM   #48
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

"Yes, Cailín, and I'm not saying as there isn't a time for reflection. And there's nothing wrong with being careful, choosing only to speak when there's something important to be said. And I'm not saying that I won't do just that. What I mean is that we've all got to come out with some ideas and force the wolves to do the same so that at least it gives us something to go on to find them. Even if visibility gives them a way to attack an innocent, at least the attack gives the others something to go on too. Who led or bandwagoned against a vocal and potentially wolf-endangering innocent? As opposed to charging against a quieter villager, which doesn't give us as much information to analyze since it's harder to figure out motives behind the choice. I'm willing to take the chance of being accused and, yes, even lynched, if it gives us something to go after the wolves on.

Nor am I saying that we should all just go about accusing each other and shouting for attention. I just want us all to think hard and try to figure on what's happened.

A glass of wine, please."
Old 09-18-2005, 06:08 AM   #49
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

"Thank you Celuien. People do change I guess."

Kuru:
Quote:
To contradict what I said earlier (although this comment is also really nothing more than grist for the mill at the moment)...

I have heard it said that werewolves can be in a state of some excitement when they begin their killing spree. They can sometimes tend to run about the village interacting with their intended victims hoping to throw them off the scent. Essentially they can be some of the most vocal villagers.
"That's true, and I agree. There is one problem, that could also be a vigorous villager wishing to help out for the good of the village. Though, I do think that there's atleast one wolf on Perky's list..."

The Perky Ent
WaynetheGoblin
Kitanna
the phantom
Marcolie lamen
Celuien
Gil-Galad
Kuruharan
Glirdan
Eonwe
Boromir88

"Right now I want to hear more from Gil-Galad and Wayne. I think Dancing Spawn brings up some good points against Marcolie and am interested in hearing more from him (right?)"
Old 09-18-2005, 06:32 AM   #50
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
Yet, if we all start yelling at each other, as innocents, it is far easier for the wolves to hide. When you are crying out, trying to get as much said as possible, it's far easier for the wolves to find something they can use against you, than when you stay silent and only say those things that make sense.
I think you are underestimating us now. What we say and what we think may be two different things. And it's not babbling we want to hear but some reasonable opinions.

If people step forth only to say that they're confused or that they feel sorry for Wilwa, we get nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
By and large, go for the seconders, make decisions without showing feeling.
I second that. I have troubles understanding everything Angurel says but he's clearly no novice in this kind of things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel again
I'm going to keep myself out of theories and possibilities, and mourn Wilwa like a sister.
Hmmm... I'd prefer something more helpful.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:35 AM   #51
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Glirdan finally snapped back into reality and decided to join in the conversations. "Thank you Boro." he said as Boro brought him another drink. "Even though I've been deep in thought, I have still heard all of your conversation and I'm quite surprised with Kuru. Why do you only care about the money? We are all in grave danger! And you are being overly defnesive in my opinion. You hae definetly become higher on my suspicon list."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ent who be Perky
But yes, time is always against us. But if you, Boromir, are correc then one of the following is a werewolf:
"I quite agree. Someone in that list has to be a wolf. La seul problem est de trouver qui. The only problem is to find out who."

Quote:
Originally posted by Boro
"Right now I want to hear more from Gil-Galad and Wayne. I think Dancing Spawn brings up some good points against Marcolie and am interested in hearing more from him (right?)"
"Quite agreed. Only sitting there and agreeing with everyone is NOT a good idea. You'll get pinned for being a wolf right away. And I would like to hear more from Gil and Wayne as well. We need to hear from all the quiet people. The only person who HASN'T posted is Zali. Where is Zali? Why isn't she hear?" Glirdan said. He then went back to his french vanilla.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:47 AM   #52
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
But putting that aside for now, can you explain the logic in bringing more innocents into Tinseltown? I don't know if you realize this, but the less villagers, the better your chances (probability wise, at least) of finding a wolf. It means innocents will die, and wolves can pick people off during the confusion.
*Ahem*

Because it would give us more outs. Don't you see that the fewer villagers there are the closer the werewolves are to victory? As DAYS go by it will (hopefully) become apparent who the werewolves are. Hopefully we will not be in a tremendous state of confusion. However, even if we were, having more villagers would give us more material to work with.

Now, on to real business...

Quote:
I agree completely. I'd just like to remind you that there's a difference between voting with a majority because you really think someone's quilty and voting with a majority because everyone else is doing so.
Bravo! Whatever happens lets not have people voting for somebody just because others are doing so. One should be convinced by the evidence. (The problem on DAY ONE is that there is no evidence).

Quote:
"Gil-Galad! You've said little enough since we've been here, other than to bother Kitanna.
Hmm...I too have thought his behavior a bit strange. However, I almost always think his behavior a bit strange. He's been acting acting a bit like a wolf, but I don't know if that means he's a werewolf. He does need watching.

Quote:
There is one problem, that could also be a vigorous villager wishing to help out for the good of the village.
This is true. I would hope that us innocent villagers would have some solid substance to their statements (hint-hint all us villagers).

Quote:
I completely agree with this.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 09-18-2005 at 06:52 AM. Reason: added a bold
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 06:52 AM   #53
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
"I quite agree. Someone in that list has to be a wolf. La seul problem est de trouver qui. The only problem is to find out who."
Almost the entire population is on that list... I don't think that will be particularly helpful.

Quote:
I think you are underestimating us now. What we say and what we think may be two different things. And it's not babbling we want to hear but some reasonable opinions.

If people step forth only to say that they're confused or that they feel sorry for Wilwa, we get nowhere.
I'm underestimating no one, rest assured, but I thought Celuien was a bit too pushy about being vocal. Some people might have nothing more to say than being confused and scared right now and I actually think that's very reasonable behavior in this situation. Not all of us are like the phantom and need a crisis to make the most of ourselves. Though I suppose that would be convenient.

Reasonable opinions? At this stage? Well, I think it's fairly safe to say it's a little early (and too distressing) to be reasonable. But I shall give it my best shot.

Since we shall have to end even this first day by lynching someone, we will have every chance to kill an innocent tonight. As has been said before, but I have quite forgotten by whom in all the confusion, it would neither be wise to

1) Kill someone who seems to make sense in a helpful way, know what they're talking about, makes valid points and has some interesting ideas as to which way we should go about this.
2) Kill someone who has said nothing alarming and whose death would be of little help, information-wise.
3) Vote all for the same person

I have so far failed to put all villagers in either the first or the second category. I have no real suspicions whatsoever. But I think this might be the most sensible way of settling this gruesome affair.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:56 AM   #54
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
I completely agree with this.
Well then.

*serves Gil, Wayne and Marcolie another mug of ale*

Speak, gentlemen.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:06 AM   #55
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Kuru,

Gil-galad is certainly acting odd to me, but it's very possible he's not a wolf as you say. He could just be acting strange.
Quote:
bah... i felt something special with her ya know? she wasn't like all the other girls ya know? well its all horrible...so Kitanna, what are you doing tonight?~Gil-galad, Post #11
He shows some remorse for Wilwarin, but gets passed it and quickly moves on to Kitanna. This displays that Gil-galad is heartless, and after all Werewolves are heartless too. However, you're right in that Gil-galad could be a heartless werewolf preying on another victim, or simply a heartless person with the only desire to hit on women. Indeed his behavior is always odd. It could just be that he's a womanizer that's only morals are to get women.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:16 AM   #56
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

If no one has heard I'm going to be off at work until 6 pm. It's way to early for me to cast a decision now and vote, I'll be back probably by 6:30 (votings done at 7 for me I think) or so, where I can weigh in on what's been said and make my decision then. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:55 AM   #57
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
He shows some remorse for Wilwarin, but gets passed it and quickly moves on to Kitanna. This displays that Gil-galad is heartless, and after all Werewolves are heartless too. However, you're right in that Gil-galad could be a heartless werewolf preying on another victim, or simply a heartless person with the only desire to hit on women. Indeed his behavior is always odd. It could just be that he's a womanizer that's only morals are to get women.
"I honestly don't think there is any harm in Gil. I think he's simply a heartless person who only wants to get women. It is possible he's a wolf but I would suspect Kuru before him." Glirdan said as he drank the rest of his drink. "I'm sorry Kuru but as I've said before, our town was peaceful before you came with the faire. And there was no need to be so defensive when I said we should keep an eye on you. The way you defended yourself was as if you were hiding a dirty, little, furry secret." he said as he turned towards Kuru at her(?) private table.

"I'm sorry folks but I have to step out until late tonight." Boro said as he came in from around back. "You'll have to clear out for the time being."

"Ok my friend. My money's on the table. If you all want to hear more form me, I'll be in the square, contemplating on our desperate situation." With that, Glirdan arose and walked out of the little café.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:11 AM   #58
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
I think Dancing Spawn brings up some good points against Marcolie and am interested in hearing more from him (right?)
I agree.
Quote:
it would neither be wise to...Kill someone who seems to make sense in a helpful way, know what they're talking about, makes valid points and has some interesting ideas as to which way we should go about this.
Which is why I do not believe Spawn should be up for lynching today.

Not that she was under any serious suspicion- but I'm going to be leaving for quite a while and I wanted to make sure before I left and give my opinion on a couple of people who should not be lynched today.

As I said earlier, Kuru should not be lynched. He would make a valuable ally for the village, not to mention he is a strategic thinker like me, and so while he would be tough to spot as a wolf, I think that I would have an easier time spotting him than someone who behaved in a completely random manner, simply because his thought processes are similar to mine.

I would also not lynch Boromir here on this first day. Like Kuru and Spawn, he opens his mouth plenty and so gives away plenty of information to work with. He is a good thinker and has a bit of experience under his belt.

The same goes for Anguirel, though he's not exactly acting helpful so far, what with his bank robbing and all.

I believe we should nominate two or three candidates from one of these groups-
1) the crowd that is likely to give us no indication of their thoughts and not say much
2) the crowd that acts in a confusing manner (confusion is a friend of the wolves) and is likely to vote and accuse in an illogical manner

Does this make sense to everyone?

I certainly hope so.

I have things that I need to do now, but I will try and pop in quickly in the early afternoon to see how things are and then again before the voting is over.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:18 AM   #59
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Somebody's perceptions are a little off...

First of all, I'm a he (I would think the overabundance of beard would be a dead give away )

"Second," Kuruharan turned to address the room, "I'm beginning to wonder about these people who take something that is patently a joke meant to help pass the time and make it the subject of and evidence in repeated statements. There is absolutely no basis for building a case on such a comment that couldn't happen in practical reality anyway. It puts me in mind of something I said earlier of hoping the villagers have some substance to their comments. What Glirdan has been doing is the dictionary definition of 'non-substantive.' I have to ask myself why. I think this is something that everybody should ponder.

Now, I'd like to order my lunch that will look suspiciously like breakfast. French toast, please. And don't skimp on the syrup."

Last edited by Kuruharan; 09-18-2005 at 08:21 AM. Reason: changed "posts" to "statements," gotta stay in character
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:39 AM   #60
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan walked back into the café just as Kuru was finishing his theory. "So, are you all going to start thinking I'm a wolf for, as Kuru kindly put it, giving non-substantive theories?" Glirdan asked the room. "I can tell you now and for a fact that I'm innocent. Of course the only way you'd be able to find that out would be to lynch me, but then you'd all be terribly sorry because you would have lynched one of your own. I have no actual evidence that you are a wolf," he said to Kuru. " Who here has evidence that any of us is a wolf, unless it be the Seer. But we have to start somewhere and the best place to start is to go back to when all the trouble began, which was when you came with your faire." He then turned to Cailin. "Give me something stronger than my usual please." Everyone stared at him as he went and sat in the cornere of the café.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:47 AM   #61
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Boots

I've been working on a list of villagers whom I think we should not lynch toDAY, and it looks pretty similar to the phantom's, with the addition of The Perky Ent, who seems like he's being pretty genuine.

Categories are as follows:

Either most likely innocent or otherwise good to keep around for now:
the phantom
Anguirel
Boromir88
Kuru
Dancing Spawn
The Perky Ent

Talkative villagers I'm not sure what to think of yet:
Glirdan
Calin
Márcolië
Lalaith
Kitanna

Villagers who haven't said enough to sway me in either direction:
Gil-Galad
Eonwe
Wayne the Goblin
Azaelia

I think that accounts for everyone.

From the second list, I'm most inclined to suspect Glirdan. His comments struck me the same way as they did Kuru, especially since I think would be unwise to eliminate Kuru so early. However, I'm not particularly inclined to vote for him yet just on the basis of those comments. We're all stabbing in the dark right now, which is why I don't find the accusation cause for that much alarm.

Gil-Galad could merely be a "heartless womanizer" but it strikes me as odd that he hasn't replied to my questions yet. I'm awaiting his response...
Old 09-18-2005, 09:07 AM   #62
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Of those who have spoken I'm trying to decide how to view Gil. He is acting strangely, but he's always acting strangely so it is hard to decide if it is his usual strangeness or a new strangeness brought on my nightly changes...mmmmm.

Celuien, your idea for making people speak up is both good and bad. If people have more to say in their posts rather then just a sentence or two then it can be easier to spot a wolf. However ig everyone just posts and they really say very little in their posts the chances of lynching an innocent instead of a wolf are high. I would like to hear more from Wayne and Gil of those who have already posted and also I want to see what those who haven't posted have to say. (or has everyone posted already?)

That said. I defiantly think phantom, Kuru, and Boromir should be kept alive for the time being. They are all intelligent people and can be very helpful, provided they're not wolves. It's better to watch them for a couple of days before sending them to the gallows.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:24 AM   #63
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally posted by Kitanna
That said. I defiantly think phantom, Kuru, and Boromir should be kept alive for the time being.
"Yes, I agree with keeping Boro and phantom around. As I've already said, something that phantom said really made me see his innocence.

Quote:
I think it's about time I killed them- or at least die trying. I will regain my lost honor."
I spotted something in there that made me think of something. Give a wink if you caught it to. Anyway, I'm not to trustworthy of Kuru. I know there's not enough evidence to accuse him, I just have a gut feeling that he's not to be trusted.

Quote:
I would like to hear more from Wayne and Gil of those who have already posted and also I want to see what those who haven't posted have to say. (or has everyone posted already?)
Agreed once again. We need to hear more from these two. Wayne's only said something once and it wasn't exactly helpful. Gil's barely said anything either, and he's been sitting next to you this entire time!!! Zali's the only one who's been silent. I wonder why???...." Glirdan said as he trailed off into thought.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #64
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín pondered out loud while mixing an exceptionally strong cocktail for poor Glirdan...

"I must say all theories up till now seem a little non-substantive. You can never make a good argument without evidence, and we don't even seem to have clear reasons to suspect each other. The phantom suggests - to say it in a more brutal manner - to get rid of all stupid people first. But people we already find convincing today will have a far easier time deceiving us as this tragedy develops. I do quite agree with him, though (I never thought I'd be caught agreeing with the local drunk), but just because today, there seems to be little else we can do."

She kindly offered Celuien a glass of wine as well.

"Your list, dear frog-keeper, does not really reflect my ideas. Aside from the fact that I'd like to keep myself around - if only to get everyone else drunk - Lalaith would also be one of the people who has not said anything substantial yet. And why all such fans of Anguirel, who has done nothing more than attempt to rob us of our precious savings? But still, you are the first of us to actually make a list, which I suppose is only to be praised."

She casts a quick glance at Gil.

"Already our womanizer is under a lot of suspicion, especially by the -well- women. Are we sure this is not plain annoyance or jealousy? I must say I find Glirdan to be really too aggressive towards Kuru, but I think it's just a slight case of xenophobia."

She cleared her throat.

"Well, as you can see, I am not accusing anyone just yet. I intend to wait for responses of those who are under suspicion already and then vote for someone completely out of the blue. If the wolves are surprised by the voting behavior of the villagers, they are more likely to slip up in the hope to save one of their fellows."
Old 09-18-2005, 09:28 AM   #65
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree I think I am a llama

Yes, it is rather odd for Gil-Galad to suddenly be posting little to nothing. But all the same, he hasn't struck me either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Um...i forgot who said it
I defiantly think phantom, Kuru, and Boromir should be kept alive for the time being. They are all intelligent people and can be very helpful, provided they're not wolves.
May Eru be with us if they are!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celurian(sp?)
Even if visibility gives them a way to attack an innocent, at least the attack gives the others something to go on too.
At first glance, it sounded like something a wolf would say, but reading the full paragraph, i see her(?) point. Also...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Aklai la'Gadis

Also, notice how Perky Doesn't deny his(?) chance of being a werebeast. If he(?) knew himself(?) to be innocent why would he(?) include himself in the list?... though it is too early to be drawing any conclusions from anything.
Now, is it a werewolf throwing out suspicousions away from himself, or just an idea that wasn't thought out very well? Anguirel doesn't strike me as a werewolf. IMO, I think he's the ranger (ironic twist?), though Phantom seems to have taken the job of town defender, as his copious information sways us all. Just some little thoughts I wanted to jott down
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 09-18-2005, 09:34 AM   #66
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Mmmm....cornbread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
think it's about time I killed them- or at least die trying. I will regain my lost honor."
As Glirdan brings up, he seems innocent. He sertainly has been very helpful, and none of us would want to see him die. However, this is after all, a game of lying and deception. If the Phantom is really a werewolf, he certainly plays it well, as non of us seem to suspect him. That's why I brought up the quote. It's convincing. Too convicing. But, despite that, I have no intention of lynching Phantom for the time being. I shall have to meditate on it!
Old 09-18-2005, 09:44 AM   #67
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

"Thank you for the wine, Cailin. It's very good.

I can summarize the rational behind my points in one sentence, Perky and Cailin: We can't make theories without data anymore than we can make bricks without clay. And the only way to get said data is to have a conversation. Nothing wolvish about it.

And I think my entire paragraph should be re-quoted, just so there's no confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
What I mean is that we've all got to come out with some ideas and force the wolves to do the same so that at least it gives us something to go on to find them. Even if visibility gives them a way to attack an innocent, at least the attack gives the others something to go on too. Who led or bandwagoned against a vocal and potentially wolf-endangering innocent? As opposed to charging against a quieter villager, which doesn't give us as much information to analyze since it's harder to figure out motives behind the choice. I'm willing to take the chance of being accused and, yes, even lynched, if it gives us something to go after the wolves on.
To clarify, if the wolves use vocalness as a reason to launch an attack and that leads to a lynching, at least we as villagers have more data to form a theory than we would have if they had attacked a silent one.

I know that there are reasons other than wolvishness to lay low, and I'm keeping that in mind."
Old 09-18-2005, 09:52 AM   #68
Mischievous Candle

Please, people, let the wolves do their own thinking. Do not say who you think to be gifted villagers. Unless... but it's too dangerous and a little unfair, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
"So, are you all going to start thinking I'm a wolf for, as Kuru kindly put it, giving non-substantive theories?" Glirdan asked the room. "I can tell you now and for a fact that I'm innocent. Of course the only way you'd be able to find that out would be to lynch me, but then you'd all be terribly sorry because you would have lynched one of your own.
Little snappish, are we? Innocent villagers don't have to defend themselves so furiously. Hmm. I'm not completely contented with Glirdan's behaviour.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:58 AM   #69
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Good people of Tinseltown, is it really such a good idea to be discussing or hinting at who you think may be gifted among us? Remember that some of us are not what they seem and could use this information in their deadly night-time work.

I agree that vocal people are more useful than silent ones. But I also think that innocents will be seeking to clarify and wolves to confuse. So I, for one, will be more suspicious of those whose posts confuse me.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:58 AM   #70
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Little snappish, are we? Innocent villagers don't have to defend themselves so furiously. Hmm. I'm not completely contented with Glirdan's behaviour.
"I would beg to differ with that. Innocent villagers who fear for their lives do have to defend themselves so furiously. I will not sit here and take being accused idly. I am sure you would have done the same. If you are not contented with my behaviour, then vote for me. Now, tell me, would a wolf tell you to vote for him?" he turned to Cailin. "Thank you my dear. Could I have another, or anything stornger if you have it?"
Old 09-18-2005, 10:00 AM   #71
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

*points up* - double-posted with dancing spawn.

Clearly we are thinking along the same lines, Madam Spawn.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:08 AM   #72
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

1420!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the glir who be dan
Now, tell me, would a wolf tell you to vote for him
Don't think of it as such an obvious answer. The minds of the wolves three work in many ways. Who knows what they ponder in their mind's eye. As stated before
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Confusion is a friend of the wolves
They want us to be confused, so that we might wrongly accuse. Of course, if someone stole my hypothetital t-shirt and danced around Tinseltown (My hypothetital T-shirt says : I'm a WEREWOLF! LYNCH ME, PLEASE!!! . That was my retorical responce to why I added myself to the list of suspects) , they woudl be heavily investigated. I would really like to hear from Boromir about his suspicions!

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 09-18-2005 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Hyperlink!
Old 09-18-2005, 10:09 AM   #73
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
*points up* - double-posted with dancing spawn.

"Who's post would you be pointing to Lalaith?" Glirdan asked. "It would seem like you are pointing to me and saying the same thing about me as Spawn. Are you?"
Old 09-18-2005, 10:09 AM   #74
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
"I would beg to differ with that. Innocent villagers who fear for their lives do have to defend themselves so furiously. I will not sit here and take being accused idly. I am sure you would have done the same. If you are not contented with my behaviour, then vote for me. Now, tell me, would a wolf tell you to vote for him?"
Defending yourself so furiously only makes people think you are hiding something from the rest of us. It is dangerous to defend yourself too much just as it is too defend yourself too little. It makes people wonder, Glirdan.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:14 AM   #75
Mischievous Candle

Quote:
"I would beg to differ with that. Innocent villagers who fear for their lives do have to defend themselves so furiously. I will not sit here and take being accused idly. I am sure you would have done the same. If you are not contented with my behaviour, then vote for me. Now, tell me, would a wolf tell you to vote for him?"
Well, we just have to agree to disagree, then. And yes, that's what a wolf could say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
So it seems. If you have any theories, I'd be interested to hear them. Actually, this concerns everyone.

You know, there are people who have talked less than Wilwa and she's dead...
Old 09-18-2005, 10:14 AM   #76
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

And yet, for some reason, despite his many suspicions, I do not think Glirdan is a werewolf. Just a grumpy ordo. I shall have to look closer into post from now on, as we draw closer to a decision
Old 09-18-2005, 10:20 AM   #77
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Defending yourself so furiously only makes people think you are hiding something from the rest of us. It is dangerous to defend yourself too much just as it is too defend yourself too little. It makes people wonder, Glirdan.
Yes, I know I am being rather hot headed but I am defending myself as I see fit. I can't exactly prove to you that I'm innocent unless the Seer decides to reveal himself/herself or I get lynched or attacked during the night. But I am telling you, I'm innocent and if you want to get the wolves I suggest you look at people other than me. What about those who've said to much or to little? What about Zali, Wayne and Gil?" he said turning to look at the other villagers in turn. "We need to get more say from those three. We've still heard nothing from and no deffense from Gil or Wayne and there's only 6 hours and 41 minutes left before we have to decide." he said as he trailed back into thought.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:27 AM   #78
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Call me crazy, but I've got an inner feeling that Zali is innocent. I don't think a wolf (though they may be quiet) would be entirly silent. I think we can just stick zali off to the side, assuming there is no more talk from him. Killing him would be a waste of a day, and just wouldn't help us at all. As for Wayne...well...who knows?
Old 09-18-2005, 10:28 AM   #79
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
"Who's post would you be pointing to Lalaith?" Glirdan asked. "It would seem like you are pointing to me and saying the same thing about me as Spawn. Are you?"
You're being a bit paranoid and twitchy, teacher dear. I was actually pointing at Spawn's post, saying that we both posted the same thing, I was writing my post while hers appeared.
Incidently, you were not the only one to discuss possible gifteds: our spicy experimenter, Mr Perky, also did so.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:31 AM   #80
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
You're being a bit paranoid and twitchy, teacher dear. I was actually pointing at Spawn's post, saying that we both posted the same thing, I was writing my post while hers appeared.
Incidently, you were not the only one to discuss possible gifteds: our spicy experimenter, Mr Perky, also did so.
"You'd be a little paranoid as well if everyone kept accusing you of being a wolf. I was just checking to see if you were or not."