The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2004, 12:46 PM   #1
juhsstin
Pile O'Bones

juhsstin has just left Hobbiton.
Frodo running into Mt Doom

I don't remember exactly how it happens in the book, but in the movie, you see that frodo is so tired from the weight of the ring, that sam picks him up and carries him. once gollum appears and fights with sam, frodo somehow revives himself and runs to the chasm. how can this be??? was frodo just pretending that the ring was so heavy??
juhsstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 12:49 PM   #2
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
adrenalin
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 12:51 PM   #3
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

In the book and, I think, in the movie, Frodo is able to run away because he wants to keep his Precious. In a crude way it is like an adrenaline rush: Gollum trying to take HIS PRECIOUS. NO. IT MUST NOT BE. Thust, Frodo gathered strength he didn't know he had because he wanted to protect the Ring, his Precious.

Edit: cross posted with Estelyn.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 12:57 PM   #4
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Here's the quote from RotK, Chapter 'Mount Doom':
Quote:
Gollum was tearing at his master, trying to get at the chain and the Ring. This was probably the only thing that could have roused the dying embers of Frodo's heart and will: an attack, an attempt to wrest his treasure from him by force. He fought back with a sudden fury that amazed Sam, and Gollum also.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 10-25-2004, 12:59 PM   #5
juhsstin
Pile O'Bones

juhsstin has just left Hobbiton.
thanks
juhsstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 03:01 AM   #6
BlackKnight12

Tolkien hi

The movie is pretty accurate for a book made into a movie most movies from books are so diff its no even like the book. I think they did a good job keeping it the way Tolkien wanted .
Old 11-27-2004, 07:11 AM   #7
Amrod the Hunter
Haunting Spirit

Amrod the Hunter has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Amrod the Hunter
Pipe Boooring...

I think it was better in book.In movie,I wanted to kill him for lying down for 30 minutes (almost) and in the end running.Come on!Is the Ring so heavy.And even if it is,how could he run when he was closest to Mt. Doom?A bit stupid,if you ask me...
Amrod the Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 12:42 AM   #8
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
adrenalin
I find it hard to believe that you have posted a single-word post!

Anyway, back on topic. This same "adrenaline rush" is most probably the force that helped Sam carry Frodo piggyback as they neared Mount Doom. No doubt he wanted to get things over with. Ditto with Frodo. Gollum was an added energy boost.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:00 AM   #9
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

rutslegolas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to rutslegolas Send a message via Yahoo to rutslegolas
Sting

Energy rush it was which took Frodo to Mount Doom ,but I think too played some part ,as it neared its place of origin , it wanted to find its master and so Frodo felt the rush of energy inside him .
Old 11-28-2004, 06:55 AM   #10
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
I find it hard to believe that you have posted a single-word post!
burrahobbit was my shining example there - sometimes one word is all it takes!

But yes, to my knowledge, that is my only one-word post; even on the Quotes and Quiz forums, I normally incorporate my answers into a sentence.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #11
sassyfriend
Wight

sassyfriend has just left Hobbiton.
Narya

Finally I can say i understand because someone made sense of it for me thank you!!!!
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote