The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-01-2006, 12:45 PM   #241
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Would you care to elaborate a bit?
Actually, no...

But, if you insist, let us blame it on the fact that you have posted a great deal, without saying a lot of substance. You've been very defensive, and have been rather quick to deflect anything and everything away from you that seems potentially incriminating.

Now, mind you, I'm not exactly looking squeaky clean right now... That's okay, though, because I'm not really interested at the moment with looking squeaky clean. If I was a Werewolf, or a Gifted, then it would probably be a good idea, but as a plain old Ordo, I'm not entirely interested. If I die, I die...

An attitude, no doubt, that the proponents of the "losing two ordos at once is a bad thing" theory will no doubt have issues with. However, we are down to one Werewolf in a village that is otherwise on the same team. Call me selfish, but I'm not too concerned at the moment with appearing innocent.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #242
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Well...It's rather quiet and we're 2 hours and 50 minutes away from the end of the Day... Well... I guess I have to comment on a few things...

Quote:
But, if you insist, let us blame it on the fact that you have posted a great deal, without saying a lot of substance. You've been very defensive, and have been rather quick to deflect anything and everything away from you that seems potentially incriminating.(Form)
I tend to agree with you Form. However, she has had more substance in her posts then you have. However, what clears you in my eye (somewhat) is this:

Quote:
If I was a Werewolf, or a Gifted, then it would probably be a good idea, but as a plain old Ordo, I'm not entirely interested. If I die, I die...
However, this could be a ploy to get us to believe that you're innocent, yet I don't think this is the case.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #243
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm going to have to vote and run.

++Glirdan,

because of his vote placement.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #244
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
++Glirdan,

because of his vote placement.
Firstly, which vote would you be talking about?? ToDay's or yesterDay's?? Secondly, I must say (if it's for yesterDay's vote [which I'm sure it is]) This is a rather poor excuse. Yes, my vote was placed at a rather poor spot yet I was thinking for the longest time (until Eonwe voted) that it was up to me to break the tie and I had a rather bad time choosing. However, if you want to talk to me about bad spot for voting, how about looking at you Eonwe?? How many times did you retract your vote?? Also, who ended up retracting, for the final time, after I voted?? So, again, that's a rather poor excuse.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:27 PM   #245
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
++Telperaca

It's time to put our minds at ease about her.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:33 PM   #246
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Look at what Diamond did after 1 vote for her.

She changed her vote for to Telperaca, the most likely to die today. What does this accomplish. Most likely Telperaca is innocent but an easy kill so it doesn't really leave tracks because it's not seen as overly suspicious a vote. It also makes Telperaca the lead candidate and much more difficult for anybody to catch up to her, including herself. Diamond's voting record really is speaking against her.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #247
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Glirdan, would you care to clarify what is the difference of "in between" and "not sure" lists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Another point against Thinlo. By attacking Kitanna last, night, she could be sure that no one could draw anything betweent them as Lommy didn't even mention Kitanna once except for the analysis bit which Garin said he'd do (he couldn't post his results). In short, their was not attachment between the two which made Kitanna the perfect attack for Thinlo.
Hmmm... And I don't care to count or find out, but there surely are lots of other people who had no connections to her either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
True, but if you go back to that post, you said that it's like a random thing. Check if you don't believe me.
I checked. What I exactly said was this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
I'd like to suspect Telperaca for a very vague vote which is actually quite random (or so I believe), but as she's a newcomer I will be gentle to her, unless she shows real suspiciousness.
Apparently I said so. I apologise. Anyway, I meant that her reasoning was so weird and she didn't post anything else. I prefer people saying/admitting that they've cast a random vote rather than giving a reason like "he wants to run away." I admit I was contradictory, but I really didn't think so much...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 04:05 PM   #248
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
My main suspects
Telperaca (appearance on Nogrod's list)
Glirdan (I still don't like his analyses. Besides he's over-eager to attack me and sometimes his points are ill-based.)

People I'm inclined to think innocent
Garin
Eonwe
Farael
(Roa and Kath may deserve a place on the list)
Old 04-01-2006, 04:11 PM   #249
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
I have been busy in RL, sorry about my being so quiet. I am inclined to vote for Diamond to alleviate my lingering suspicions and tend to agree with Mormegil. This might be seen as a throwaway vote but I don't want to vote for someone I haven't viewed as feline.

++Diamond

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 04:11 PM   #250
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
No, no, no! Stop voting for Telp! It doesn't look like she will turn up again toDay and why waste this chance to find out the identities of both her and Lommy.

Yes that sounds very Catlike and I'm sorry, but if just Telp is lynched then we will spend all Day tomorrow focusing on Lommy. We need to move beyond this and if neither are wolves we really need to.

Voting so far looks like:
Eonwe 1 (Farael)
Lommy 1 (Glirdan)
Telp 3 (Lommy, Diamond, Alcarillo)
Diamond 2 (morm, Garin)
Glirdan 1 (Eonwe)

Now look at how spread out that is. On Day 3! That's insane. Please, those who voted Telp would you look at the logic and change to Lommy. This is risky it's true but (and I can't believe I'm saying this) look at the maths. If wither Telp or Lommy is a Cat we win anyway. If Telp and Lommy are both innocent and they die toDay one other will die toNight bringing it to a total of 3 deaths. If we lynch one toDay and one tomorrow that gives 2 Night's for the Cat to kill innocents, adding up to 4. This is safer for us.

Last edited by Kath; 04-01-2006 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Garin's vote
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 04:13 PM   #251
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Well, I'm not quite gone yet...

You know, it's quite interesting how an entirely different role makes you play this game differently. Going from Werewolf to Ordo seems to have messed with my brain a little.

To the point that I can look around this village... and be utterly clueless. As a Werewolf, you have the advantage of knowing most of the roles. As an Ordo, you don't, and I'm suffering from a lack-of-ability-to-analyze syndrome.

That said, I still think Thinlómien suspicious, I still probably look suspicious, and I still don't care.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:14 PM   #252
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Kath, I do get your point. I see you can't trust me and I accept it. I have nothing to prove my innocence. *a dramatic sigh*
Old 04-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #253
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh, and I sent a PM to Valier asking whether Telperaca will be struck by modly fire or will there be an exception (don't ask why there'd be, but that's always possible).
Old 04-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #254
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Now look at how spread out that is. On Day 3! That's insane. Please, those who voted Telp would you look at the logic and change to Lommy. This is risky it's true but (and I can't believe I'm saying this) look at the maths. If wither Telp or Lommy is a Cat we win anyway. If Telp and Lommy are both innocent and they die toDay one other will die toNight bringing it to a total of 3 deaths. If we lynch one toDay and one tomorrow that gives 2 Night's for the Cat to kill innocents, adding up to 4. This is safer for us.
Kath I could be wrong but aren't you always against double lycnhing...I know we don't have them but isn't this more or less the same? Also aren't you always against killing people to get information?

You've really made this situation an ultimatum. Why is it that if we don't kill Thinlo today we must kill her tomorrow? Your reasoning is based on that assumption and it's a fallicious assumption at that.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:22 PM   #255
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

After thinking about this, I'm not sure if I suspect Glirdy so much anymore. I'll explain why. I don't believe that a wolf'd be so bold and take such a leading place in the attack against me. Simply because as you discover me innocent, he will be suspected and he knows that. But then again, he might be a wolf and claim that no wolf would take such a big role in a lynching of an innocent. Argh. I don't really know. Werewolf makes me crazy. But anyway I think he's worth being kept an eye on.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:36 PM   #256
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

There are still four people (including Telperaca) that haven't posted their votes yet. We have only half an hour. This bugs me.

The situation can also change completely because of the retractables. I wonder what is happening...

*OOC - I know this is no good playing, but in case I'm going to die toDay I would like to point out that our mod might have been intrigued by the thought of three idols-wolves. But maybe I don't think her that stupid...
Old 04-01-2006, 04:39 PM   #257
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

- - Telperaca

+ + Thinlomien

This is assuming Telp will get struck with Mod Fire toDay. We'll get rid of both those nagging T's in one Day and be free to think of other things, unless of course one is a Cat and the game ends.

Garin, Morm, you're making it hard to choose between the two of you.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:43 PM   #258
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

In a dramatic voice: "More votes to me, I see... I suffer but I will keep my head up. I will be a sacrifice for the village! So be it. May the cat be caught!"

Okay, maybe I should give up this nonsense sacrifice-babbling, but it's really fun. And double fun when you're sorry that you killed me though I was an innocent ordo.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 04-01-2006 at 04:44 PM. Reason: added "an"
Old 04-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #259
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Telperaca will be killed today if she does not vote.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #260
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Telperaca will be killed today if she does not vote.
Good to know. Thanks for informing.

"I'm glad not to die alone and all lonely... "

Last edited by Thinlómien; 04-01-2006 at 04:49 PM. Reason: some minor mistakes in writing
Old 04-01-2006, 04:50 PM   #261
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

So now it's 2 votes for me, 2 for Telp and 2 for Diamond. Only ten minutes to go and any of us might be lynched. Great villagework.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #262
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

i'm toying with the idea of making Diamond the sacrifice instead of me... She might even be a cat and I'm not...

That won't still work. If the game still continues you will lynch me tomorrow. Besides Í hope and assume that there are still some votes coming.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:54 PM   #263
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Are we really having less than 10 minutes?
Old 04-01-2006, 04:54 PM   #264
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

1420!

If you change your vote to me, Thin, you can save yourself. Something to think about.

Edit: X-Posted with Thin. Obviously she already had that thought.

Come on! You know you want to!
Old 04-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #265
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

--Telperaca

++Diamond

I'm deeply sorry if you're innocent, but you must understand. I'm certain of my own innocence but don't know about you.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:59 PM   #266
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Why are everybody away?!?
Old 04-01-2006, 04:59 PM   #267
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Thumbs up

Awright!
Old 04-01-2006, 05:00 PM   #268
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Diamond, I do hope you're a cat.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:01 PM   #269
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
++LOMMY

Oh please let that count, I missed the time!
Old 04-01-2006, 05:02 PM   #270
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Eek! Now it's totally random which of us dies. To the hands of ModGod I leave this matter.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:02 PM   #271
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Cease posting! voting goes as follows

Thinlomien-3 votes
Diamond18-3 votes
Glirdan-1
Eonwe-1
Telperaca-1

I will flip a coin to see who dies

I WILL COUNT KATH'S LAST MINUTE VOTE BECAUSE SHE SNUCK IT IN BEFORE I POSTED....STAY TUNED FOR WHO DIES
Old 04-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #272
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

No, it isn't random. I mixed up the rules. Farewell, Diamond. (In case I interpreted the rules correctly and am aware of the situation. )

edit: Valier, don't the rules state that the first one to have the highest amount of votes dies?

And I cross-posted with the Moddess, obviously.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:07 PM   #273
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

you are right Thinlomien! I was confused as to what I put, but Kath's vote will count.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #274
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
you are right Thinlomien! I was confused as to what I put, but Kath's vote will count.
I'm deeply sorry for this post - but which of us actually first reached the three votes?

edit: I mean, did I have the three votes at some phase of the day and if I had but then lost them, and if I had, does it count?
Old 04-01-2006, 05:10 PM   #275
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Thinlomien you were the first to three votes.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:13 PM   #276
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Technically the first person to get a true majority (over half the living members) dies. I don't think 3 is a true majority. Apologies for the post, but I thought we could natter amongst ourselves before the death post is actually made? Just no voting after the deadline? I just thought I'd point out what the majority rule is!
Old 04-01-2006, 05:13 PM   #277
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Thinlomien you were the first to three votes.
When? okay, I accept it and quit this chatting. As it seems I'm posting I can surely say I had great time in this game.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:14 PM   #278
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

The rules:
Quote:
There will be no double lynching, if there is a tie of votes for any reason, I will choose the first player to reach the highest vote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:30 PM   #279
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

The night was approaching on the third day. The villagers were in disaray, and were unsure as who they would kill.

"I say we kill Thinlomien! I know she's a Werecat." Yelled Diamond

The villagers eventually nodded in agreement. They picked up stones from the ground and began to huck them Thinlomien's way.

"Owww! I swear it is not me!" Thin screamed in desperation,as she fought to defend herself from the flying missiles, but her pleas were cut short as a stone from the hand of Kath struck her in between the eyes killing her instantly.

As the villagers moved away from Thinlomien's body, they tripped on something on the ground.
There lay Telperaca, she had a gaping wound on the top of her head from a stone flung from above....she was dead.

Dead villagers:
Valier: Tomato grower- Died from a thousand cuts. (Moderator)
Naria- Pediotrist-Was danced upon until she died.(Co-Moderater)
Sleepy Ranger-Mayor-Drowned by village on Day 1 (Werecat)
Nogrod-Ale Maker-Werecats got his tongue night 1 (Ordo)
Wilwarin538-Berry picker-Boiled alive by village on Day2 (Werecat)
Kitanna-Grumpy old woman-stuffed with Kitty litter by Werecat on night 2(Ordo)
Thinlomien-Postwoman-Was stoned to death by village Day3 (Ordo)
Telperaca-Baker- Killed by a stone from above Day3 (Ordo)

Live villagers:
Diamond18-Barmaid
Roa-Aoife-Folklorist
Garin-Weathered former mercenary
Kath-Ale drinker
Alcarillo-Fisherman
Eonwe-Wayfaring stranger
Farael-Foolofatook
Formendabras Took- Ne'er-do-well
Glirdan-Barman at the local Inn
Mormegil-Shirriff

Remaining Werecat,Seeker,Protector I need your nightly pick.
Birthday dreamer you will have your dream soon.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:02 PM   #280
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

The village awoke to a sunny day, but worried that they would find another dead occupant. As they assembled in the town square and did a head count again, they found that noone had been killed!

"What good fortune for our fair town!" Exclaimed Garin

"Now we may double our efforts to kill the last Cat." Answered Formendabras.

But one fair villager had, had a busy night and their efforts had prevailed.

Dead villagers:
Valier: Tomato grower- Died from a thousand cuts. (Moderator)
Naria- Pediotrist-Was danced upon until she died.(Co-Moderater)
Sleepy Ranger-Mayor-Drowned by village on Day 1 (Werecat)
Nogrod-Ale Maker-Werecats got his tongue night 1 (Ordo)
Wilwarin538-Berry picker-Boiled alive by village on Day2 (Werecat)
Kitanna-Grumpy old woman-stuffed with Kitty litter by Werecat on night 2(Ordo)
Thinlomien-Postwoman-Was stoned to death by village Day3 (Ordo)
Telperaca-Baker- Killed by a stone from above Day3 (Ordo)
Night3- No Kill

Live villagers:
Diamond18-Barmaid
Roa-Aoife-Folklorist
Garin-Weathered former mercenary
Kath-Ale drinker
Alcarillo-Fisherman
Eonwe-Wayfaring stranger
Farael-Foolofatook
Formendabras Took- Ne'er-do-well
Glirdan-Barman at the local Inn
Mormegil-Shirriff