The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2003, 07:37 PM   #81
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I picture myself as a cross between Saruman and Gandalf. I am akin to Saruman in that I can be very persuasive, but like both Saruman and Gandalf I can be quick to wrath (and, like Gandalf, quick to laugh as well). Like Saruman, I often tend to bite off more than I can chew, so to speak.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:52 PM   #82
Arothir
Wight

Arothir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This is from the Silmarillion, but I am like Arothir, the second king of Narog. No one really gives me respect, but I can lead when I have the determination. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:52 PM December 23, 2003: Message edited by: Arothir ]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:53 PM December 24, 2003: Message edited by: Arothir ]
Arothir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 11:47 PM   #83
Enedbelethiel
Animated Skeleton

Enedbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I think that I am very much like Eowyn. I relate to the fact that she was so repressed and withdrawn at first and then slowly came into her own. I've also had the experience of falling in love with someone who couldn't love me in return. I guess I'm just waiting for my Faramir! My mother actually thinks I'm more Elvish and like the haunting Galadriel, and she baught me Nenya last year for Christmas as a surprise. So, I'm an Elvish version of Eowyn - wearing Nenya [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2003, 12:51 PM   #84
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I've taken a number of personality tests, but I've mostly gotten Sam (YAY! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ). I've gotten Legolas, Gandalf, and Frodo as other personalities you might have on the BD test. However, the Pippin inside pops out once in a while. But then the serious Frodo/Gandalf side of me kicks in when my friends start becoming little Merrys and Pippins. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] So overall, I'm a mix between Sam, Frodo, Pippin, and Gandalf.
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 03:16 PM   #85
Sirithrodwen

Sting

Well I just took a personality test, and it says I'm most like...Gimli?! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Err...I don't think so. But Frodo came in second, and I'll buy that. But I think I'm most like Pippin, mainly because I can be very, very curious at times...Okay, all the time. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2003, 02:58 PM   #86
Foolofatook
Pile O'Bones

Foolofatook has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Balin - I'm undoubtedly Balin. Sure I know he isn't technically a LotR character, but stick with me. I'm happy to sit on the sidelines and be a team player always aiding others, and when I attempt something on my own as a solitary venture it usually ends badly, (Moria). Does Balin count, if not Pippin. He's just that cool.
Old 12-27-2003, 03:33 PM   #87
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

Hmm..never really gave it much serious thought. My favourite characters are Aragorn and Sam (the Downs test says I am like Aragorn), but also Arwen. Which has become one of my many nicknames.

I suppose I am a mix of the three, with Sam's fierce loyalty, Aragorn's intensity, [mostly [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]] gentle, quiet spirit, and "loner" tendencies (I wish I had a smile that made me seem worthy of honour..but that's impossible with braces.).
The part of me that earned the nickname of Arwen must be subconscious, because I can't figure out where that came from...

But I see myself as mostly an Aragorn-ish figure (film & book), with many similar habits and/or desires; most of which are known only to me... and perhaps one or two others. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 04:14 PM   #88
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I seem to be turning into Aragorn more and more every day. It's a rather interesting occurrence. I'm starting more projects that I know I'll never finish, I keep carrying my sword around (the sword that I can barely use), I tend to "leap in" to save people when they're in dire straits, and I've become much more selfless lately. I suppose if I see a beautiful Elf-maiden coming after me, I'll head for the hills! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 08:45 AM   #89
Gayahuaniel

Sting

Well, if I must say which character I would identify myself with I would say Eowyn.

Her power, her strenght, her behaviour, her lover for her family and the king, the way she reacts on things. The way she stands up againt the Witch-King of Angmar. Wonderfull.

Everyone has his own foes to deal with and well, I think I would be like Eowyn. She's so brave and strong.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:54 PM   #90
Annantar
Pile O'Bones

Annantar has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I believe that I would be Legolas. He was one of my favorite characters in the LotR. I think I am like him because he was completely loyal; as myslef I would never turn my back or leave my friends. Also he was fair and always looked at the brighter side of things. I always try not to look at things in a neggitive way, and try to be the best person I can. Another reason I think I'm similar to Legolas is because he was brave. He would have followed Frodo the very end, as a loyal comapnion; As so would I. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 10:04 PM   #91
The Dark Elf
Haunting Spirit

The Dark Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Dark Elf
The Eye

I'm a hobbit. probably pippin. im always in trouble at school or with my parents and i like eating
Old 01-15-2004, 01:26 PM   #92
Elladriar

Sting

erm i think i'm most like Barliman, i think i'm quiet jolly and always up for a good laugh. i'm not the brightess thing on the planet but i know whats right and wants wrong. i'm not too shy and i get on well with different people, both friends and strangers. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2004, 12:31 PM   #93
Missy Evenstar

Silmaril

The LOTR character that reminds me the most of myself I would have to say is Sam. Cause just like Sam I'm very loyal. And I would do just about anything for my friends. And I'm very stubborn and won't take no for an answer just like Sam. And I'm also very loving and worry too much. LOL.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:42 PM   #94
Armetiel
Haunting Spirit

Armetiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

well, on the personality quizzes I always end up as either Legolas, Aragorn or Galadriel...however in my own personal view (and I know a lot more about myself than what I put down on those personality quizzes) I'd have to say Eowyn or Maybe Arwen.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:10 PM   #95
Elanor the Fair
Pile O'Bones

Elanor the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I ususally get Sam on those Personality tests once in a while I will get Frodo (just because they don't have Sam as an option). Of coarse I am glad to get Sam since he's my favorite character and we do have lots of similar traits- loyalty, bravery, etc. But also he have they same values such as family and friendship. But there are some things like smoking and drinking that I don't do soit evens out pretty well. I think that those tests are pretty accurate but sometimes you can tell which character they are talking about in the answer options.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:54 PM   #96
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
I would say Maedhros the Tall, the son of Feanor and should-have-been High King of Noldor.

Faithful to his friend at the burning of the ships, courageous in facing against the Morgoth Bauglir in The Battle of Five armies, and the last desperate deed to gain his Silmaril and redeem his oath... And his death, valiant but sorrowful, throwing himself into the gaping chasm of fire.

I don't know, seems like myself somehow.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:00 AM   #97
Fingolfin II
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fingolfin II has just left Hobbiton.
Well on the two normal tests I took I got Aragorn and Denethor. For the Valar test I got Manwe.

If it were First Age I'd say I'm most like 3 out of 4 of my fave Silmarillion characters- Feanor, Turin and Fingolfin.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:49 PM   #98
haltred
Pile O'Bones

haltred has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Well according to BD's personality test I"m Pippin and according to their Location test I'd live in Rivendell. Personaly I prefer to be like Sam and live in
the Shire
Old 04-04-2004, 10:22 PM   #99
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
I can't believe I have never posted in this thread!

Well I most definitely have a Frodo personality, but with the greastest of all urges to travel, which makes me kind of different in a way (I can never stay in one place for a huge amount of time). But personality wise I am very much a Frodo. I can be a loner, I am very deep and I spend a lot of time alone, but then I also enjoy the friendship of friends and family. And in addition I love learning from all. He has always been the one that I have related too the most since when I first read the book. Even at the end in Mt. Doom and Mordor, when he had very much changed into a different person, he very much reminded me of myself.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:04 PM   #100
Legolas
A Northern Soul

Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
While those online tests are sometimes fun and amusing, please try to make an attempt to describe why you're most like the character you choose. That was the original question asked, and doing so will keep this thread on-topic and interesting to read. We don't need another "Who's your favourite character?" thread!
Old 04-06-2004, 01:58 AM   #101
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
I was just thinking recently how much I resemble Bilbo. I generally have a hobbity personality but I share Bilbo's intelectual curiosity. I can see myself pouring over old Elvish scrolls and making poems about Earendil, while at the same time looking forward to the next meal. Long councils (debates, etc) end up boring me. (I am easily bored ). I selfishly surround myself with bright and interesting people. Sometimes I suprise not only the others but also myself, finding a strength in me that I had no idea I possessed. And lastly, I'm a peace maker at heart.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:37 AM   #102
PoisonIvy
Pile O'Bones

PoisonIvy has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I think I am more like Eowyn. I may be a woman but that doesn't mean I am weak. I can fight my own fights, too. And I could be stubborn at times. Eowyn for me symbolizes a special kind of girl power, Middle Earth style. In a world or kingdom dominated by men, she does not let herself get intimidated. Her strong personality is even made more fiery by her heart, the passionate and loving heart of a woman. And that has made her one-of-a-kind! And I admire her. I'd love to identify myself with her.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:42 AM   #103
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Gorwingel, I think you and me must be a lot alike. I feel like I could have written your post! I am very much like Frodo - I like to travel, learn and read, and I need to have time to myself to think, but I also enjoy being with my friends. I like being out in nature.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 02:50 PM   #104
starkat
Wight

starkat has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I'd have to say I'm somewhere between Eowyn and Arwen. I love horses and prefer technical subjects but I also am quiet adn sometimes determined.
starkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 07:54 AM   #105
Etharius
Animated Skeleton

Etharius has just left Hobbiton.
Most definately myself= Aragorn. (In his time if elusiveness and solidarity, also self-doubt).
Old 04-28-2004, 09:10 AM   #106
Silent Sam
Pile O'Bones

Silent Sam has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree A mixture of 2...

When I came out of the movie theatre after ROTK, all of my friends were talking about who reminded them of who in the movie, and everybody told me that they could easily picture me as Sam; carrying my best friend up Mt. Doom on my back, and what not. I just smiled, and told them thanks.

But, they also said that I'm an awful lot like Frodo; I want to travel the world when I get older, and family/friends are my first priority.
--------------------
Beware of still people and silent watchers...
Silent Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:20 AM   #107
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
White Tree

This a very difficult question to ask. hhmmmm....I would have to say that I am most like 3 character of LOTR. These three are: Elrond, Eowyn, and Sam.

Elrond because my friends say that I seem to have "the answers to everything" and am very wise. But, I think that I am like him because I think over things before I do them..though I don't always think before I say something.

Eowyn because I am often very sad, though I am not totally sure why, but I can have fun at times, and am sometimes very "silly", as my friends would say. Also, the obvious, I am a girl and a blonde as well.

Sam because I am very simple. I like to cook and like the simple pleasures of life. I also like to do gardening, and I LOVE mushrooms. Just like a hobbit!!

So, those are who I am most like, though I do have the a ffew characteristics of some of the other characters of LOTR.

Namarie.

~Galadel
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Galadel Vinorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 02:08 PM   #108
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Another good topic!

Well, I am very much like a Hobbit anyway - my 'real' name is even a Hobbit name! And I look like a Hobbit - minus the hairy feet. But I'm most like Bilbo. A bit eccentric, not a very keen adventurer, and I like to sit in the garden and smoke. I'm always saying I'll write a book one day, and I am sometimes a bit too nosy for my own good. And, if I had a ring which made me invisible, I'd use it all the time, too. It's a bit disturbing really, because my father looks like the film version of Bilbo. I can sometimes be just a bit defiant, like Eowyn, but she's more like the younger me.
Lalwendë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:03 AM   #109
samwise8504
Animated Skeleton

samwise8504 has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

when i took that personality test it come up with Gimli then Bill Ferny then Boromir. None of those characters reminds me of myself, if any character does than its either sam or merry.
samwise8504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:00 AM   #110
Gird
Animated Skeleton

Gird has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I would have to say that I am most like Merry. Adventurous and brave if the ocasion calls, and I also love spending time with my friends, but I'm not quite as curious as Pippin. oh! and I like food!

"I am Ugluk, I command."
Ugluk
Gird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:40 PM   #111
Lhundulinwen
Wight

Lhundulinwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lhundulinwen Send a message via MSN to Lhundulinwen Send a message via Yahoo to Lhundulinwen
Silmaril

I am a hobbit/elf. I love nature and am most happy with a few friends or solitude. (sp.?) But lately, my two best friends have been struggling with their identities ad in general finding out about life. I don't agree with some of their decissions, but I will stick with them all the way to Mordor and beyond no matter what. When I pledge loyalty, I mean it forever, not just for the school year, or a little while; I mean it forever. So, I truely believe I am a Sam. Sure, I like my food (how I got this lovely figure), and nature is really important to me and loyalty I hold above all other qualities.

But then again, I have a sword necklace that I wear always...I am always willing to defend my friends. (maybe with pots and pans... but hopefully a little bit better prepared then that !!)

Last edited by Lhundulinwen; 05-19-2004 at 02:06 PM.
Lhundulinwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:55 AM   #112
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Some primary characteristics:
--merry among a few close friends, very quiet in a large group
--would rather be hanging around with jolly young friends & nephews & neices than doing something "important"
--long walks alone, often in the dark
--love the stars, elves, trees, water
--singing and collecting songs (and every now and again, writing one)
--the garden needs weeding-- where's Sam?

--dawdle and delay before leaving home
--when a big decision is due, I sit and think and think and think while people wait for the decision
--pessimism surfaces during difficulties
--wish someone else had been selected to do the job I have
--tried to give it away a couple of times
--yes, it's a burden; just keep putting one foot in front of the other

--I'm writing the history (of the family) because it needs to be done, including writing down my dad's stories (Bilbo!)

...Frodo.

(Frodo started as an extrovert... I wonder if he ended up as an INFP)
Old 05-14-2004, 10:52 AM   #113
Lothiriel94

I would have to say that I am probably a lot like Faramir, in that I constantly have to love up to other's expectations, I'm never perfect enough for anyone (or maybe its just myself.) I am a very booksmart person, and am quiet and keep to myself, I have a gentle nature and do give up very easily.
That's probably my main character I'm similar to. I'm kind of like Galadriel too, I guess. Not sure
Old 05-14-2004, 12:42 PM   #114
Quicksilver_Sprite
Animated Skeleton

Quicksilver_Sprite has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

The tests I've taken always say that I'm most like Aragorn or Gandalf. I tend to be pretty serious, though I'll let my hair down if I'm comfortable. Conflict or pressure doesn't make me buckle, but fight harder. I'm loyal, have a terrible guilty consience, and don't mind standing up for what I believe.

Dream a dream / And see through angel's eyes / A place where we can fly away
Ride with me upon a shining star, / Above the moonlit sky / We will find Elysium
Quicksilver_Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:55 AM   #115
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye Hooray for Borro-buddie!

I'm Figwit. LOL!! Unlike Maeggaladiel, my online alter-ego, I'm usually really quiet when in groups and so few people really know me personally. I tend to keep to myself. Also I'm not very attractive.

Okay, okay, for a REAL lotr character, I'd say I'm most like Boromir. I'm the older child, although I'm not the favorite. (My sister says otherwise, though. )I'm pretty cynical and suspicious of things that don't seem "right." (IT'S A CONSPIRACY, I TELL YOU!!) I consider myself very smart and I don't suffer fools. I try to convince people to follow my ideas, and although I'm not as cranky as Boromir, I will sometimes give in and pout if I'm outnumbered. I also get depressed very easily. I don't like working in groups. (The Society of Nearsighted Elves are probably reading this and getting nervous.)

Unlike Boromir, however, I won't try to take things from people. I just get depressed and have the "the world is ending and it's all your fault for not following my ideas" pout. I'm not all evil, though; I am very good-natured most of the time. And I'm not as bad as I just said I was about forcing my ideas on people. Most of the time I'll give in to other people's ideas if I'm outnumbered and I WON'T pout. Unless it's a school project and my grades could suffer from it. Then I'm a little more agressive.

Great, I just made myself sound like a big jerk. I'm really not that bad, believe me! I'm kind and good and friendly and fun and... and... stuff! And for all you Frodos out there, I won't try to take your stupid jewlery!!

Maeggaladiel
*Shot full of arrows and sent over a waterfall in a little boat*
Old 05-19-2004, 02:16 PM   #116
Mahal
Haunting Spirit

Mahal has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mahal
I think im like Sam. Im not much of a leader, and try to be nice to most people. I also love Gardens(that seals the deal right ).
Old 05-20-2004, 02:29 AM   #117
Elwe Singollo
Haunting Spirit

Elwe Singollo has just left Hobbiton.
I wouldn't be able to say which LOTR chacter I'm like. But from the Silmarillion I would say I was like Feanor or Thingol and maybe very possibly Elrond. But I don't know.
Elwe Singollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 04:37 AM   #118
Grimkû the Blood-Axe
Animated Skeleton

Grimkû the Blood-Axe has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The BD Personality Test believes that I am most like Legolas but am also similar to Aragorn and Samwise Gamgee. Personally, I consider myself to be an Aragorn in regards to personality. Hate to say it, but I do enjoy leading. I am also a fan of long strolls in the wilderness and beheading large Uruks.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:43 PM   #119
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Grimku, you have the potato-head as your avatar? Beautiful.

I think that I'm most like one of the hobbits. Merry or Pippin. I'm good hearted, kind of naive at times. Sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me, and sometimes I do downright foolish things, but all in all I try to do the right thing. I'm rather young. Also, I love to eat (heh heh).
Old 05-28-2004, 09:24 AM   #120
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

I suppose I'm most like Faramir. I'm quiet and reserved, but willing to fight for the protection of the things I love. I'm always looking for the approval of the people I look up to, and I'm quite avid about nature.
Saraphim is offline   Reply With Quote