Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2011, 09:12 PM   #481
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
We're on the morning of the day after Coldan and Aldarion's "fight". As you may have noticed, Coldan is having a bit of a hangover.

I lost track of how many days we've done, so if this is what you mean, I can't answer you...
Old 04-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #482
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
I said I was okay as long as I could stick a save in there. Since Brinn and Elanor will need to interact, my statement still stands.

Oh, and we're on Day 3 out of 7.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #483
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Oh, okay, gotcha... We're still the day after the fight.

Some players are still in the morning though? I already moved Aldarion into afternoon. No problem though- I can wait to move him into evening until Saturday (I should have some posting time then).
Old 04-29-2011, 05:09 AM   #484
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, Brinn is just eating breakfast, so I thought it's still morning... But on the other hand, Coldan and Amdir have been walking for quite a while, so for *them* it might be late morning...

Mnemo, it's your word on this.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 04-29-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:22 AM   #485
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Ummm... depending on which story you're following, Galadriel is right about it being morning--Elanor Gamgee hasn't got past 2nd Breakfast yet, I don't think. Coldan and Amdir are somewhat farther ahead--in the late lunchtime zone (if not ready to be back in Minas Anor), but I don't know if anyone else is really ready to jump to the evening.

Depends, I suppose, on what they plan to have happen today...

Also, Pitch, I'm not sure if/when I'll get that next post up, so if you want to move ahead from Coldan's perspective, go ahead.

EDIT: "cross-posted" with everyone on this page because I didn't read those posts until AFTER I posted, even though they substantially predate mine.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #486
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I think what I'm going to have Branor do, in order to jump back into things.

He would be quite pleased with the Brinn convo so just went to bed shortly after. Upon waking up he will be searching for Therian and bring both of them back into the action, if Fea is alright with Therian coming back in now?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #487
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Leave out Therian for a bit longer. I have a plan. (He's definitely not on premises right now.)
Old 04-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #488
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Coldan and Amdir are somewhat farther ahead--in the late lunchtime zone (if not ready to be back in Minas Anor)
You're ahead of me there - I thought more like late morning to early noonish, depending on how long it took us to reach Hallas' place. I can make short work of the actual loading, but I insist on that fine lunch you promised me (even if I have to write it myself).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Also, Pitch, I'm not sure if/when I'll get that next post up, so if you want to move ahead from Coldan's perspective, go ahead.
Thanks, will do so.

EDIT: Sorry for my present attack of posting sluggishness. Had something in the writing a little earlier, but was interrupted and can't get back into the flow now. I'll do my best to finish & post it tomorrow.

Last edited by Pitchwife; 04-29-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:32 AM   #489
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm about halfway through Brinn's conversation with Elanor, and will be ready to post it sometime tomorrow. So this is a "speak now or forever hold your peace" (or just write a flashback later ) for Asta and Thiliel.

For those who are still timeline-obsessed, the conversation's going to take place from 10:00 till about... 11:30? Elanor will provide great amounts of research material, but if she manages to weasel her way into the production too much, I have a feeling she'll be a bit of a nuisance.

Also, I'm open for PM conversations if anyone's raring to plan something for later in the evening. Brinn still needs to speak with Coldan, and probably Asta once she figures out all of what happened the previous night, and then there's all of the technical work she has to do as well.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #490
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
My apologies at taking so long to fill in that save for Asta, but I've had a difficult week.

Anyway I think we can move on– just assume Asta told Elanor a whole lot more of the Players' garbled concepts.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:03 AM   #491
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Your post was hilarious, Nerwen! It was worth the wait!

Mnemo, I thought that fifteen minutes is an ok time to eat a breakfast without hurry. I can change that if you want. And tell me if I need to change something with Brinn and Elanor.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #492
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
So this is a "speak now or forever hold your peace" (or just write a flashback later ) for Asta and Thiliel.
?

As for the evening, maybe some storytelling from Ingold? It's just an idea; this won't change anything, since the Players already have most of the information. Possibly he can give his memories of Gandalf and Pippin coming to Gondor. Otherwise, nothing really new. This could (and should) be discarded if there's a better plan.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 04-30-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #493
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
And that's the last of these oversized posts for now and the foreseeable future. (I hope.)

Formy, I'm afraid I may have overstepped the bounds a bit by doing so much ventriloquy with Amdír in my zeal to move the story on in your absence. If that is so, please don't hesitate to tell me. And as always, if I need to change anything (e.g. Amdír's war memories, which I made up as best I could from what information I had but which you may imagine quite differently) just say so (or better yet, PM me any revisions you'd like me to make and I'll edit them in).

Unless you have anything in mind for our way back, I think we could just cut to Coldan's and Amdír's arrival at the inn, and Coldan will be at Brinn's disposal when she wants him.

Mnemo, lovely dialogue between Brinn and Elanor (but what did I expect)!
As for Elanor becoming a bit of a nuisance, let her! An(other) outsider trying to meddle with the production might be just what our crew need to rally together, or what do you think?

And Nerwen, thumbs up for "Ah... that dragon". Whatever happens, we can't write good old Smaug out of the play, can we?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #494
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Okay, Anguirel- whenever it's time have Sador or a servant come to get Aldarion at the house of Bregolas in order to guide Aldarion to... you know- our special event.

I will have Aldarion reflect on his afternoon while in the presence of Sador or his servant in order to demonstrate the difference between what he's thinking and how he's acting.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:54 AM   #495
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
right, cool. I just want to write one more post with Sador and Harrenon in it and (re-)introduce a couple of noble ladies

Then you will be picked up, by neither Sador nor a servant...

EDIT: enter Circilie of Dol Amroth, nee Burlach, and her sister-in-law Gloredhel

Last edited by Anguirel; 05-03-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #496
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
As some of you probably already know from Facebook, my timing in getting engaged has coincided closely with my Mom's cancer taking a decisive turn for the worse, and I am heading post-haste to Canada very early tomorrow, so I am likely to be out of it as a RPer with any focus for at least a week (until further notice, really). If Pitch can carry Amdír back to Minas Anor, that would be fine--you've done well with him so far, Pitch. Once back, Amdír can sit in the shadows until I am "back."
Old 05-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #497
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Oh dang it, Formy, I'm sorry to hear that about your Mom (and at a time like this). God bless you and your family!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #498
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hey, Form, I'm really sorry to hear that, too. Not being on Facebook myself, I didn't know.

I will post something myself shortly– have been working pretty much flat out this last week, but then so has everyone else, it seems.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #499
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I will post something myself shortly– have been working pretty much flat out this last week, but then so has everyone else, it seems.
Same here: expect a post tomorrow or Sunday.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #500
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I'm sorry about your mother, Form. 'My condolences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
Same here: expect a post tomorrow or Sunday.
Ditto. I'll find some time to reply to whatever goes on.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #501
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've moved things on to "later than noon"; I didn't know how long the set piece expedition was supposed to take. Pitch, if you'd like to tell Brinn what happened, feel free.

Phantom, depending on how we want to set up the timeline, we can make this evening already.

I look forward to moving this forward again.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #502
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

phantom, Aldarion has his courier...
Old 05-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #503
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
I've moved things on to "later than noon"; I didn't know how long the set piece expedition was supposed to take.
Neither do I, to be honest, but seeing how narrow the Pelennor gets south of MA, Hallas' estate can't be so far away, so I'd guess it might be about 9 bells now - or whatever floats your respective boats.

Now, Coldan has already told the whole story to Amdír, and I think there's little point in repeating it all - or, from the immanent perspective, he's under the illusion that Brinn has already heard everything and is therefore rather tight-lipped. If Brinn wants to hear more from him, she'll have to do a little prying (which may of course turn out to be worthwile.)

If you feel, Mnemo, that this conversation could profit from being carried on by PM, I may be able to get on at work around noonish or early afternoon European time tomorrow, and I'll be home and available in the European evening from ~6pm GMT.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #504
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Aww Coldan!

I take my words from before back: I can't post. I'll find the time, but I just don't know what to post about. It would be kind of useless to just repeat whatever was going on. If you want Thiliel to hang around, I'll wreck my brain to come up with something creative.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #505
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hi everybody,

I'm sorry for disappearing and I won't even try to excuse myself because there is no reason why I really couldn't have caught up earlier, but suffice to say I had first friends then family visiting and then I was just plain old busy.

However, I have now read everything you posted meanwhile - I liked everybody's posts, but I especially adored our triangle drama and cracked up at Boro & Ang's jokes - and Sereth should be back in action, not that she seems to have missed much which is relevant to herself. And *fingers crossed* from now on I should be able to keep up with the RPG normally up until its end.

This undeserving little soul has one small favour to ask though - I haven't read the posts on the admin thread for about the past month and I would rather not to, so if someone one would be as kind as to tell me if there's anything important discussed/planned/decided that I should know, I'd be eternally grateful...
Old 05-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #506
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
There's your cue, Galadriel. Make something out of it.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #507
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
There's your cue, Galadriel. Make something out of it.
Thanks!

Thiliel could really do much more that bring a food tray for Sereth, considering her imagnation and love for adventure...
Sorry. Just "typing aloud" about what she could get herself into.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:39 AM   #508
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Mnemo, Asta has just shown Rollan the mysterious scrap of paper– contents are given in this post.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #509
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

All right then. As soon as I get a handle on a couple of details I will make my post, Ang.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #510
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

"People do exaggerate so, don't they?"
(I briefly checked the Downs at work during a quiet evening shift and couldn't stop myself laughing out loud when I read Nerwen's last post. Comment from my colleague: "Ah, something happening in the theatre game again?")

And it looks like there's going to be an interesting party at the house of Burlach toNight; bet Aldarion and Vëandur didn't think they'd meet again so soon... Maybe we'll even get some clue about Sador's plans? Up to now, Ang has managed to surprise me every time I thought I was about to figure out what's going on.

Does anybody have a clue where the rest of our company is?
Old 05-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #511
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Are we heading to the party soon? I need to get caught up. WW will have to wait a bit.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #512
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

yeah, this party should tie up pretty much every secret I've left dangling round Sador...

about the time...could we actually talk about that? According to Aldarion's reply to Sador's letter (which exists only in a PM though I've carefully not deleted it), Aldarion was to be met at "the eleventh bell" - is that actually equivalent to eleven o' clock? If so that seems quite late, but that's fine. Bet it's more complex, though?

Cirdacil and his long lost nephew are to turn up at midnight, and I want an opportunity for quite a bit of action before they do so (though certainly that action could be concentrated into less than an hour's space)

by the way, in case anyone was wondering, Aerwen is the second A. referred to in the scrap Asta found
Old 05-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #513
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ang, the "bell" system is based on the old church bell system, in which each bell stroke is for the number of hours after sunrise: in this case, since we're close to the equinox, we're assuming 6:00. So the eleventh bell would be at 5 p.m.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #514
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Great, thank you; glad I decided to stay temporally non-specific (mindful of earlier hang ups when I had to change dusk to dawn etc) and resisted temptation to describe the majestically gleaming Minas Anor starlight...looks like they have more than enough time then, which is perfect really. Chit chat, banquet, then I thought maybe a round of, er, charades

Anyone read Mansfield Park lately?
Old 05-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #515
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Ang- you need to tell me if Aerwen truly knows Aldarion's plays. If she does, then whatever answer you dream up for Aerwen to answer Aldarion's question with will serve as confirmation for Aldarion.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #516
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Aerwen is straight as a die (ahem), truthful and well-read, and not her kid brother's extension except in so far as she's agreed to come and grab Aldy

I'll write up a post tomorrow morning but after that may be less active till Sunday nightish
Old 05-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #517
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Well, I'm back in Boston. Today, and maybe even tomorrow, I'll be too jet-lagged/post-funeral exhausted to post, but I should be able to get back into the swing of things this week... if only to have something to keep busy with.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #518
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hope all is well with you, Formendacil, and do take your time if you need it.

I'm going to be on the road for the next two days, but will post on Wednesday. I apologize for not posting, but at least it looks as if all the action tonight is not on my characters' end. Brinn is trying to jot down a general outline of the "real" plot, fuming that Aldarion isn't back with his information as promised, and Rollan, as usual, hasn't deigned to tell me what he's doing. So if anyone needs to borrow either of them for shenanigans, feel free to.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #519
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Aldarion is lost in thought, currently. Feel free to have Aerwen jolt him out or let him be. Whatever you think she ought to do.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #520
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

A literal, and plot, diversion...which I hadn't planned on till Aldarion's musing somehow brought it to mind...