User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2004, 08:46 PM   #281
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

I've put up a save: I'd like to get to some more of Vogie's adventure before he's rescued. I will try to do something with it before long so it won't put too much of a wrench in the progress of posts. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2004, 09:51 AM   #282
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Pipe

I'm confused now. Did I fight the Huorns or not? Have I now become part of a sub-reality within the existing sub-reality of the Re-Unification of the Bow? I know it's my own fault, but if we can sort it out I promise not to do that again.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:53 PM   #283
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

I think you did. According to my post you had a row with the trees, which involved a lot of hacking, and according to Mith, Grralph was able to lie down on a pile of wood shavings left behind. So either you fought with the Huorns, or killed a lot of innocent trees. At any rate, the woods seem to be a safter place, as of late, enabling hobbits everywhere to cook enchanted stews over large, well-stocked fires.

By the by, why have we started referring to you and Earnur as one in the same?
Old 01-18-2004, 03:58 PM   #284
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

I've filled in my save, with a wee bit o' help from Chapter 4 of "The Hobbit".
Old 01-21-2004, 08:10 AM   #285
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

As always, all of your posts are fun to read - thanks, everyone! Wish I had time to go into detail, but I wrote a new post instead - hope you enjoy it! Cookie for anyone who recognizes the ermine violin reference - no, that's a real cookie I'm offering, and I bake good cookies! "If you want it, come and claim it!"

On a more business-like note, Kuru will no longer be able to post regularly due to real life priorities. We'll keep our token Dwarf and token mythological critter with us, though, so that he can jump in when he has time again. Thanks to Annun for her cameo - her Balfrog and our Buttercup have found happiness together and flown off into the sunset. The Entish Broom stays with us, of course, since the fate of M-M depends on the reunification!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 01-21-2004, 04:02 PM   #286
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

Does anyone remember what happened to that half-dwarf half-hobbit creature?
Old 01-21-2004, 04:37 PM   #287
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Oops - missed one! It is hard to keep track, what with all of these comings and goings... I can edit him in, but unless we need him, we can lose him in a plot hole as well, can't we?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 01-21-2004, 10:05 PM   #288
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

I can't even remember his name... now that's sad. *schniff* Anyway, we could either desert him, or sacrifice him to the Zerls. Either way we wouldn't have to keep track of him anymore.

...waiting for Birdie to scream...
Old 01-27-2004, 03:20 AM   #289
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

The (insert-witty-name-here)-Ship has picked up Vogie's trail, thanks to Mith's post, which is wonderful! I'm glad you filled in the plot hole concerning Norni, as well as showing us that O2 has found his way back to the -Ship. This line is absolutely hilarious:
Quote:
"My blood runs chill," muttered Orogarn. "Then button your shirt," retorted Kuruharan. "Its not like anyone here needs to see your manly chest right now."
Now we can look forward to the upcoming contents of Diamond's save.

Incidentally, I'm still waiting with those cookies - someone just has to recognize that "ermine violin" reference! Think 'Star Trek'...
Old 01-27-2004, 03:30 PM   #290
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

I have no idea what you're talking about, but, my save is up. Chrysi further proves his usefulness. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Edit: Also recently edited for, uh, continuity. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:42 PM January 27, 2004: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]
Old 01-27-2004, 03:49 PM   #291
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Taking matters in order as they appeared:

Thanks, Esty. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Spock, replying to McCoy's recitation of the virtues of Tribbles, The Trouble With Tribbles.

Quote:
Zerls-gön-wyld
. Diamond, I'll bet that you've been waiting weeks to use that line. *wishes that he'd thought of it.

*Lapses into shocked silence at the untimely demise of the Zerls.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:22 PM   #292
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

Thank you. But credit for the allusion goes to Birdie, via a PM.

...However, it was weeks ago... and I did dress up the spelling myself. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] So you wanna share those cookies? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 03:17 AM   #293
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

That's it, Mith!! Kudos to you for catching one of my favorite lines from one of my favorite ST episodes! I'm delighted at having found an opportunity to use it, and rewatching that video will probably provide quite a few more. The cookies are here, waiting for you to pick them up. I was sure I'm not the only one who sees the striking similarity between Zerls and Tribbles - or rather saw, as we must now say!

Diamond, your post was smashing - literally! While I object to having Merisu called "Captain Obvious" (I know someone had to fill in for Vogie while he was away, but still..... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] ), I chuckled over the red light, so often seen in Tolkien's tunnels, now serving as a stoplight!

(*Esty gleefully notes a lovely homophone for one of her favorite threads - "hear I come"!* )

PS - All this talk of Vogonwë's "moose" is confusing Falafel - is he no longer riding Tweedledum??

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:12 AM January 28, 2004: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
Old 01-28-2004, 07:32 AM   #294
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Guideline for those who post next: Please do not take us out of the Forest. You may not realize it, but we are there for a Purpose! There is a part of the Plot (yes, there is one!) which must be fulfilled before we can leave.
If you'd like to write a leaving post, please let me know; I'll put up a save for that essential piece.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:26 PM   #295
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

Isn't it amazing how the very mention of the word "plot" can send everyone into shivering silence?
Old 02-06-2004, 10:21 AM   #296
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Indeed, a strange thing has happened - the plot has killed the story! The list of our writers grows thin...

Since the show must go on, I will write a post to finish off the storyline in the forest within the next couple of days. Should anyone want to post, either in the tunnel or within the forest before we leave, please do so very soon - I don't want to ask for saves, since they have too frequently been forgotten. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2004, 06:25 PM   #297
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

My post is finally finished and up - sorry about the major delay! Real life and the forum move took their toll, but now the story continues. Mith, thanks for posting as well! Carry on, everyone.

Oh, by the way, thanks and apologies to Mark Twain, who provided the cave description...
Old 02-16-2004, 07:15 PM   #298
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

It's aliiiiive! Excellent use of the Zerls, Mith. We are a resourcefulship, whatever else we may be. And awesome! More shopping! I'll look forward to that, or perhaps I ought to start paging through fashion magazines for gratuitous descriptions of accoutrements.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:13 PM   #299
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Up from the ruins, The Gateskeeper lives...

...struggling to a standing position, he gropes in near-blindness for his keyboard in the dust-strewn remnants of his once pristine cubicle, muttering "...must...let...them...know...I'm...alive..." in a perfect imitation of Captain Kirk...

I fear that my former save, long ago at the destruction of Ham Steep, must fall to the ashcan. However, I have just caught up on the latest posts, and I hope to begin posting again soon, if irregularly. Never say die!

Thenamir
Old 02-26-2004, 04:39 PM   #300
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

Save filled in.

Mogûl and Yawanna have a history.

And Grbbllx has a mission.

Now, really, how am I supposed to gloat evilly here, when the evil smilie has gone AWOL?
Old 02-28-2004, 10:45 AM   #301
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Where did everybody go?

As with most times that I enter the BD chat, I seem to have stopped the flow of creativity just by re-entering the story. With the exception of Saucepan Man filling in a save that came *before* I started posting again, the silence has been deafening...is my presence so nauseating? I do admit that my most recent post was not up to normal standards of humor and length, but c'mon, it wasn't *that* bad, was it?
Old 02-28-2004, 10:18 PM   #302
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril Running in abject horror

Words cannot describe it. I mean, really, as soon as I read your post I covered my eyes and vowed never to return to Muddled Mirth again.

In reality, the thread has been puttering along quite slowly for a while, so, y'know, no change. I would post except that I have no idea what's supposed to be going on (I mean, now that Vogie's little Zerl diversion is finished.) I'm now waiting patiently for Gravlox's return... or something.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:07 AM   #303
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

There's no need for anyone to wait to post - the Itship is headed for the GAP of Soreham, so write (and/or shop) away, me adventuresome mates! Perhaps the ever-longer names for the Itship are getting intimidating... they almost sound like Elven name-generator creations!

Thena, your post is much appreciated and it's good to have to back with us again. I hope we can get the story moving so as to utilize your window of opportunity. I really liked your various kinds of Huorns!

Saucy, as always, your post is enjoyable reading! That's great background information; for some reason, it almost sounds like a Loyer showing that the criminal became one through circumstances beyond his own control... And I'm still chuckling over the Fell Beast formation flying!

I'm looking forward to the next posts!
Old 03-08-2004, 07:36 AM   #304
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Great posts, Diamond and Mith! I'm glad you have kept the torch aloft and alit! Merisu will be joining Pimpi in the shopping spree very shortly. I do hope we'll be seeing some of that planned poetry of Vogonwë's! How soon, I wonder, and where will Gravlox catch up with the Itship? And whom will he take captive? And what with his changed looks, will Merisu recognize him? Tune in soon...

Real life (= family from the US visiting) kept me busy the last two weeks, so though I was able to keep up with reading here, (that being not very time-consuming, unfortunately, since only two people posted!) I had no time to write. Now I'm back full-force und would like to see us move along toward the climax. At this pace, we have lost momentum...

I am in the middle of a post for Merisu, finishing off the shopping theme. Question is, does anyone else want to post at the GAP before we leave? It's a pretty big mall - maybe you guys will find a hardware store to replenish your stores of duct tape or some saddle wax if you don't think you need new ( = clean ) clothes. If you wish to post there, please let me know today and please write that post this week. Otherwise, I will move us out tomorrow.

We will be fording the Isen and heading northwest in the direction of Cardolan. Next stop is either the Barrow-Downs or Bree - on my map, it looks most logical to pass the Downs first. Lush aka Leninia, are you still with us?
Old 03-09-2004, 11:29 AM   #305
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

My post is up, and so is one by Mith - thanks! Poor Grrralph, missing out on the joys of shopping...

I've taken Merisu out to the parking lot to meet everyone, so anyone is welcome to take it from there. I've been planning how to continue; here are my thoughts:

We head for the Downs, aka Marrow-Bones Studio, then Bree, Shire, and Grey Havens. To pick up speed, I plan to proceed fairly quickly; I would like to wrap up the story by early summer if possible, perhaps even sooner? That means that I will not wait for each writer to post at each location. You can go ahead and plan what you would like to write if you have an idea for one or more places, and of course there's always room for spontaneous inspiration. Let me know or post a save, but please fill those in within a few days so that we can carry on.

I'd also like to ask you to think about a Velour character that you would like to play for the climax. I don't want to add any new writers, and I think it will be fun to have double roles and have both sets of characters reacting with each other. Several of these are already clear; Saucy will be playing Melvin/Môgul, of course, and I will play Yawanna, with Mith taking the part of Howlie/Haudie, whichever orthography he chooses. Since we have only two female players, that doesn't give Diamond too much of a choice - I ask her to take the role of [Varda]. BW, Squatter, and Thena, you are free to choose whichever one appeals to you - first come, first served. Please post your choice here. I do think we need a [Manwë] (Manuël Sántana, according to Diamond's list of previous name usage), so hope that one of you feels called to play him.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:15 PM   #306
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

Can I be Tulk Hogan, the crazy wrestling Velour?

Old 03-09-2004, 03:34 PM   #307
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

I call dibs on Tickle-Me-Ulmo
Old 03-09-2004, 11:41 PM   #308
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril Hey, whaddya mean?

You mean I can't be Nienna, Estë, Vairë, Vána or Nessa??

Actually, I could quite get used to being the Lady of the Stars:

Quote:
Out of the deeps of Eä she came to the aid of Manwë; for Melkor she knew from before the making the Music and rejected him, and he hated her, and feared her more than all others whom Eru made.
Hah! Now I just have to figure out a name that's funnier than "Varda". (I don't think she's been renamed yet. Or at least not since I updated the glossary... on September 12th. Er....)

It's been a couple years since I read the Silmarillion, so I think I'd better brush up on my Valier knowledge. I haven't done the math, but if there's a leftover Vala-dude I could take care of him too. Like, maybe, if Manuël was free, perchance. I'm afraid I already have Santana related ideas in my head. Heheheheh....

Last edited by Diamond18; 03-09-2004 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:54 AM   #309
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Go for it, Diamond - you've been carrying two characters during the whole RPG, so you're entitled to two Velour(s) [What is the plural of Velour??]. Varda and Manuël it is then - now, that leaves Squatter with several choices still - how about [Mandos]Mantoes or [Lórien], one of the Fëanturi brethren? They are called "masters of spirits"!!
Old 03-10-2004, 08:18 AM   #310
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye Valleyum High: Class of Year 0

Hmm, with sist/breth-ren like this, it's no wonder Melvin left Valleyum ...

Personally, I prefer Howlie to Haudie. I just went with Haudie in my last post because I couldn't find any previous reference. But I'm happy to amend the name if you want to go with Howlie, Mith. (I've already had to amend the post once to make sure that the accent in Môgul's name appears in the same place throughout. )

Will Sauerkraut (aka the geeky kid with glasses called Colin) be involved in the final denouement, I wonder? Thena?

By the way, I trust that no one objects to Môgul winning in the end.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:47 PM   #311
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril Oh goody

Thanks, Esty. I'll work on letting my ideas molder. I specialize in cute couples, so "Varda" and Manëul Santana (whose ever-loving guitar strap, you might remember from the first page of this thread, can be sworn upon in wedding ceremonies) will be great fun. Well, alright, maybe "cute" isn't the word to describe the two most powerful Velou... if you're into, like, canon or something. By the way, I think "Velou" is the proper plural of Velour. Watch out for Marí-Velou's, though.

Saucy, just so long as Mogy hates and loathes me to the proper degree, I'll trust to your artistic license.

And don't let me sway your decision, Squatter, but somehow I can really see you as the guy in charge of the morgue. Don't ask me why.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:31 PM   #312
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
[cilmbs out from underneath piles of Canadian mussel shells]

I'm here! I'm alive! Halifax is lovely, aside from the fact that I narrowly escaped getting frost-bitten today. I've sent a proposal to Esty about how we might want to proceed @ Marrow-Bones Studio.

Leninia lives! Stalinia too! Mother Russia...Oh, nevermind.

[/climbs back and munching noises ensue]
Old 03-11-2004, 08:52 AM   #313
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
That is not dead which can eternal lie

I... I... I live.

At last my faithful retainer (or his great-great grandson: they all look alike to me) has managed to lure a passing door-to-door sandwich board salesman into the castle. He had just enough of the good vintage in him (a cheeky '68 A-negative - delicious) to revive my withered ashes, and his wares ought to keep the home fires burning for some time yet. Soon I must track down that stake-wielding academic, but for now I must return to the long-abandoned Laxplotasaga.

Actually that's a bit more interesting than what's been happening chez moi over the last few weeks, but accurate explanations are for wimps. I saw that we were into the transcending to godhood stage of the proceedings, so I thought I'd stake my claim for the custodianship of the world's biggest transit camp while it was still free. Personally I can't understand how my happy-go-lucky, carefree behaviour has led to this conviction that I'd enjoy looking after the Rooms of Waiting (Please take a ticket and we'll be with you as soon as possible), but somehow it appeals. Yes, precious, it appeals to us very much.

Expect my alter ego to ride forth soon. Well, as soon as my cold clears up at least.

Last edited by The Squatter of Amon Rûdh; 03-12-2004 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:56 PM   #314
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Great to have you with us, Lush, and to know that you're still alive, Squatter - as alive as is possible in the Barrow, of course...

Now, shall we wait for Lush to post on the arrival of the Itship from Leninia's point-of-view, or does someone want to take us to the Barrow-Dow - oops, I mean Marrow-Bones Studio? Or does one of our pursuers have an interim post to keep us busy?
Old 03-11-2004, 03:50 PM   #315
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

I have a half-baked post in the works before we leave the GAP, but from past experience it would not be wise to wait for me.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:49 PM   #316
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Uh, Gravlox has a job to do. If you will leave the parking lot, he will do, or un-do, his duty.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:24 PM   #317
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Would someone PLEASE PM me with the lyrics to the Wight's songs from "Fog on the Barrowdowns"?

I want Leninia to release her own version, but refuse to go out in Nova Scotian weather to look for a copy of the LotR in the library.

Plus, I'm...busy. With very virtuous deeds, naturally.

Please someone PM me. I will so totally give you a kiss if you will.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:06 AM   #318
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I'll be happy to oblige, Lush. PM on its way...

Thena, you are welcome to put up a save if you have a post for the GAP - if you really can't fill it within the next days, you can still remove it.

Mith, I'll contact you about plans for Gravlox' meeting with the Itship.

Diamond, what fun to read a poem by Vogie once again! I'm glad he enjoyed shopping for himself.

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 03-12-2004 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:43 PM   #319
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

If any Orcs lingered unwisely, could someone please take care of them? Oh, and could someone catch Harvey the Rabbit, before the wargs get him? Gravlox would appreciate it...
Old 03-13-2004, 12:20 AM   #320
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Always glad to be of service.