User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2003, 11:14 PM   #161
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

An elf rode quietly up the path. Her white horse glistened in the moon light and the elf was clad in beautifully embroided grey robes. The elf was young compared to the rest of her race though she had been through much over the past few years. Her grey eyes peered out from under her hood at the Green Dragon inn which was just up ahead.

She breathed in the fresh air and then dismounted her horse and whispered in its ear. The horse trotted away to the stables while the elf slowly walked to the door and pushed it open. The inn was busy and the lady was surprised to see other elves and men as well as halflings. They were all taling and chatting happily but the elf felt alone. She took down her hood to reveal her long brown hair and pointy ears. Not sure what to do she sat down at an empty seat, wondering why she had come here in the first place.

[ March 23, 2003: Message edited by: Beruthiel ]
Old 03-23-2003, 08:22 AM   #162
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

PoWa has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thalision saw the young elf come intot he inn. It seemd to him that the elf was a bit confused. The elf sat down alone and Thalision raised from his chair and walked over to the table were the elf sat down.

Thalision sat down beside him and said gently with a smile; "Well met, stranger. Who are you? And what are you doing around here?"
Thalision looked at the elf and waited for an answer.
Old 03-23-2003, 02:11 PM   #163
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Another elf came into the room, and sat down by the fire. He ordered a meal, and chatted for a short while with the innkeeper.

Those listening discovered that although he had not been at the Green Dragon for several years, he was not new and knew his way around. He was eager to go on an adventure, and knew that the Green Dragon was the place to find it.

[ March 24, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-23-2003, 02:16 PM   #164
Meoshi
Wight

Meoshi has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A thing, not unlike a small shadowy cloud, passed down the road, travelling East. Of old he would have left a trail of fear and dread, but he had lost that power, along with so many others he once had in the Elder Days. The figure within the cloud stopped and looked back for a moment. The moon was still hidden behind clouds to the West that night, its light hidden. Good, he thought. He hated the Moon. And he feared the West.

He was journeying from the Blue Mountains to the Misty, to find a deeper place to hide. He had few friends now, and growing fewer, as the Elves and Rangers hunted the last of the Orcs from the Blue Mountains. If they had known there was one of the Valaraukar there they would not have ended their hunt.

Up ahead a light shone in the windows of the Inn, and a noise came from within of voices. He knew from whom those voices came. "Elves!" he thought, and for a moment a few flames rose from within the shadows. "But nevertheless the dawn is near. I must find a place to hide before the coming of the day."

[ March 23, 2003: Message edited by: Meoshi ]
Old 03-23-2003, 02:32 PM   #165
Mauwurz
Pile O'Bones

Mauwurz has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Mauwurz comes lumbering in,barely able to stand on his feet he is that tired. The innkeeper see's him and shouts, "Don't cause any mischief"

Mauwurz gives him a dirty look and carries on walking. He walks up to the bar and looks over the menu for Drinks.

"I'll have the strongest thing you have and if it's not strong enoguh then I'll mix it with something else you hear"Mauwurz says leaning over the bar

"If it keeps you quiet. Just remember if you make any trouble at all you're out," Pio says seriously.

Pio's post

'We don't get many Orcs passing through the Shire.' Pio poured him a mug of thick, vile looking Orc spirits. Mauwurz leaned heavily against the edge of the bar, and downed the drink in one gulp.

'Another!' He slammed the empty mug down on the counter top. Pio arched her eyebrows at him, and held out her hand for some coin. 'The first drink is on the house,' she said evenly. 'The rest come out of your own pocket'

She eyed him closely giving him an impish grin. 'Show me your coin, and give me a "please" - then we shall do further business.'

Old 03-23-2003, 04:49 PM   #166
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
Well met, stranger. Who are you? And what are you doing around here?
The elf was quite surprised but happy that someone had come over to talk to her.

"I am Carnéfeniel of Lothlorien but you can call me Carné. I have been travelling for a while now, looking for adventure. Hopefully I'll find what I'm looking for..."

Carné looked away for a moment and then smiled back at the stranger. "And yourself? How is it you have come here?"

Old 03-23-2003, 11:34 PM   #167
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Silmaril

"Oh, I am just travelling around here...", Thalision said."Im a ranger. You can call me Thalision." He orderd another ale and took a bite from his chickenwings he had.

"Exactly what are you trying to find here..?", Thalision said and looked at a few hobbits that were laughing at something.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:03 AM   #168
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"Oh well..." Carn stammered but to her relief Thalision had become distracted by some laughter from halflings.

She wasn't sure it was a good idea to tell Thalision about her true intentions of coming here. If he is a Ranger he may have heard of your company. Maybe he has news of them. She thought to herself.

Just then though, to Carne's horror an orc had come in and was sitting at the table. Her face went deathly pale. "Excuse me please Thalision." Her voice shaking. She ran outside quickly.

How is it. In all the places of the world, it just happens that an orc comes here! She muttered. Memories came rushing back to her, the thunder storm, the screeching of hundreds of orcs, all her family taken away. It was too much for her, she sat down on the ground, tears running down her cheeks silently.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:24 AM   #169
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Thalision sat alone again and looked around. He was wondering if he scared the elf by saying that he was a ranger. He thought she'd hide something.

He felt very tired and was slumbering. He dreamed strange dream about elves and dwarves that fighted against each other.
He woke up by a horrible noise and looked around in the inn, but he just a saw a dwarf laughing.
He orderd another ale and waited for Carne to return.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:08 AM   #170
Mauwurz
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Mauwurz puts his hand into his pocket and pulls out several silver coins.He places them on the counter and walks away.
He walks over to where a hooded man is sitting alone,looking quite sad."What's the matter with you?"Mauwurz asks sneering.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:19 AM   #171
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Hey orc, take it easy. You are lucky that you haven't been thrown out yet."

The orc eyed the elf suspiciously, but didn't think it worth the trouble to start a fight. The elf turned around and looked at the hooded man.

"Are you alright? My name is Aduchil, and you seem to need some company."
Old 03-24-2003, 06:05 AM   #172
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Elhor looked around, able to see the crowd again. Many were staring at him, and he feared he must have said something foolish.

“I…I should go,” he blurted. But he made no move to do so. Instead, he looked at Nahai, who seemed like family to him already. “Please, my name is Elhor. Would you…be my friend?”

It was the single bravest action of the boy’s short life. "I must sound ridiculous! Why have they put up with me so far?"

Elhor had frightened himself now, and was reconsidering his actions. But there was no turning back!

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 03-24-2003, 06:36 AM   #173
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Ferdinand had been sitting quiet for a long time and looked at the orc when it suddenly raised and walked towards the elf and the man. Then a man came and threw the orc out of the inn. Strange he thought. Orcs had never been seen in The Shire for a long time. He couldnt imagine what would happen if they were up to make some plans of attacking Shire.

He now moved from his chair and sat down by the man that now was sitting alone. "Whats your name, and what are you doing around Shire, sir?", Ferdinand asked the man.
"My name is Thalision. Im a ranger and my business is not yours, young halfling!
Instead, you better whatch your tounge.", he whisperd to Ferdinand, "I guess your around so I dont mind about your business here, so I'll just ask fory our name?"
"Im Ferdinand Cotton, from Bywater, but please call me Ferri.", Ferri said, "Dont be mad, I just careful. See that orc! We have never seen any orc around here for a long time now."
"Oh, Its no problem, I aint mad.", Thalision smiled.
Ferri smiled back and said; "Wheres that elf?"
"I dont know", Thalision said, "I wonder if she even return..."
So they were talking alot while they were waiting for Carne.
Old 03-24-2003, 03:41 PM   #174
Mauwurz
Pile O'Bones

1420!

Mauwurz sees that the hooded man he was trying to talk to obviously doesn't like talking with Orcs.He walks over to the darkest corner and sits at the table.

He takes a drink of his very strong beverage and thinks to himself.
"I wonder if I had better get going soon,the hospitality here doesn't seem to be as good as usual.Nah I might stay for a bit see who I meet"He thinks in a miscehvious way.

He gulps down the last of his drink and looks around the dusty old room,he see's a few hobbits,elves and men all drinking there ale.
"Glad I'm not like them"He says quitely to himself.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:07 PM   #175
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

Myrtle Burrows walked down the path, kicking up dirt as she saw the sign for the Green Dragon swinging slightly in the breeze. She smiled happily and walked into the crowded inn. She looked about the small enclosure as she walked towards the ale stained bar.

After getting a small drink, Myrtle walked over to a small table at the edge of the room, where she seated herself, lifting her legs onto the chair next to her. She took a sip of her ale and sat back in her chair, smiling from ear to ear.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:20 PM   #176
Meoshi
Wight

Sting

Daethaur walked through the door of the Inn. Men, Dwarves, and a funny little people he had never seen before were all over the room, chatting, drinking, and in more than one place sleeping. But they were outnumbered two to one by elves. There were elves everywhere, of all kinds.

He walked over to the fire, where there were very few people. A nice warm fire was always comfortable. He curled his whip up and tossed it into the fire; it had gone out again. He missed the times when it burned of its own accord.

Then he noticed why he had attracted so little attention form the Elves; they were watching an Orc by the bar, sitting alone. They probably thought he would attack at any moment. Daethaur rose out of the chair by the fire and walked over to the bar. "What brings you here?" He said.

[ March 25, 2003: Message edited by: Meoshi ]
Old 03-24-2003, 11:25 PM   #177
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Morwyn raised her head at Elhor's surprising comment. She watched his frightened reaction as he realized what he'd just said. Morwyn narrowed her eyes. Why should asking for friendship be so frightening?

But one thing Morwyn had decided: if Nahai and Elhor were alike, and she would trust Nahai, then it was only fair to trust Elhor as well. His frightened look and pale cheeks struck her heart. She smiled at him hesitantly, as they all waited for Nahai's answer.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:52 PM   #178
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Carne walked back to the inn wiping her face hurriedly. Look at you! she muttered as she saw her refelection in the window. You look terrible! She quickly tried to fix her hair some how and then pushed open the door. She looked around and saw that Thalision was joined by a halfling. The orc was still sitting at the bar and her eyes passed over him but she tried to ignore him. She saw another elf standing up by their table.

Thalision was chatting to the hobbit and this elf seemed alone so she decided to introduce herself. "Mae Govannen! I am Carnefeniel and who are you?" She asked the elf and waited for his reply.

[ March 25, 2003: Message edited by: Beruthiel ]
Old 03-25-2003, 12:18 PM   #179
Lutfiska
Haunting Spirit

Lutfiska has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

An orc entered the room. First he was astonished of all the "free people" he saw. Dwarfs hobbits and even worse, elves. And then for the first time in his time in these lands he saw another orc.

He gave out a loud shout and went towards him. Speaking the common tounge he greeted the orc by these words: Well met kinsorc. My name is Globhûr the Mauler. Son of Ghazsnak the Mucous, chief of the tribe of Kham-Lûcar. What is your name and which tribe do you come from? he asked as he sat down by the orcs table.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:01 PM   #180
Meoshi
Wight

1420!

Daethaur looked down the bar. The orc hadn't responded, and for good reason- another Orc had walked in. Tribe of Kham-Lucar, eh? He had no idea that any of those old scoundrels were still around.

He then became painfully aware that many of the Elves were staring at the bar, even more than before. Don't make any sudden movements, he thought, you don't want to provoke them. Daethaur's mind wandered to the last elf he had met- a great lord, with a blade that glowed like the Sun. He had barely escaped that battle alive. He tried to put it out of his mind.

"Barkeep", he said, putting some coins on the bar, "give me the hottest drink you have."
Old 03-25-2003, 07:43 PM   #181
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Myrtle looked up at the odd creatures near the bar. They were quite grotesque, but they fasinated her. There were never creatures like these in the Shire, elves and dwarves came more and more often, but she had never seen the likes of these...she didn't even know what to call them, creatures, was the best she could come up with.

She moved down one chair to take a closer look. There were about the size of dwarves, though they looked nothing like them. She looked over at the other side of the room quickly and noticed that almost everyone was watching them. The elves and dwarves looked suspicious,and the hobbits looked frightened. She shook her head and looked back at the creatures, how odd they were...
Old 03-25-2003, 10:44 PM   #182
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rirrym smiled. "Yes, I would still like to hear the story of how you came to be rescued from drowning by Gandalf. Perhaps it will help pass the time as we work on getting this garment dyed."

Cromthal nodded. "Aye, so it might." He took a stick the two had found below a tree that stood outside the inn earlier that day and draped the fabric over it before dunking it in the water. Rirrym watched intently as Cromthal swirled the garment in the water for a few moments before pulling it out. The dye was then added and the sheet placed back into the water.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:39 AM   #183
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Aeryn's eyes switched to see the orcs that were in the Inn. "Éden!.. orcs!" she was alarmed.

"What are Orcs doing in the shire! I was told this place was safe!" she remarked her eyes wide with surprise.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-26-2003, 02:19 AM   #184
Lutfiska
Haunting Spirit

Sting

The orc turned his head when he heard a voice saying "orc". He placed his hand on the axe and looked around suspiciously.

Suddenly he threw away a little hobbit from a close table and went up on the table. With a challenging voice he said: Yes I´m an orc. All who´s troubled by it stand before me and taste my axe.

[ March 26, 2003: Message edited by: Lutfiska ]
Old 03-26-2003, 03:04 AM   #185
Mauwurz
Pile O'Bones

Sting

SAVE for reworked post

[ March 26, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-26-2003, 04:16 AM   #186
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

So many orcs had started to appear inside the inn. It was really scaring Carne now and she wasn't sure what to do. She stared at them and one had threatened another woman. Feeling very scared Carne tried to walk as silently as possible to the innkeeper to get a room.

Once she got her keys she ran upstairs, into her room and locked the door. The room was small but Carne didn't mind, it was better than other places she'd had to stay. She sat down on a chair by a desk, waiting for the commotion in the bar to die down a little.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:47 AM   #187
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio stepped out from behind the bar, her great sword drawn in her right hand, and in her left a long knife should she need it. She strode to where the Orcs stood and sighed as she brought the tips of her two blades to bear on them.

'Behave,' she bade them. 'As long as you are in the inn or on it's grounds . . . behave . . . or move on.'

'Share your stories, have a drink, but lay not a hand, claw, fang, or any weapon on a guest at the Inn - lest you face my swift and final retribution.'

She felt the terrible heat of the Balrog as he drew near. 'And that goes for you also, Valarauko,' she addressed him, turning so that the flat of her sword caught the reddish glow from off his fiery form.

The fine tracery of the Elven script on the blade blazed out, and the creatures of shadow trembled at the power wrought within it . . .

From tip to hilt the letters flowed, weaving their terrible message:

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] 0==I~e~d~i~t~/~d~e~l~e~t~e~~> [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2003, 10:07 AM   #188
Lutfiska
Haunting Spirit

Sting

SAVE

Old 03-26-2003, 10:34 AM   #189
Barodir
Animated Skeleton

Barodir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Barodir woke up after a nice little nap. He sat and thought of some things, such as how his family was doing and so on. He decided he would write to them later.

He stood up and noticed his stomach was growling. "I forgot to eat before. It has been a day since I last ate. I'm starved!" He then headed downstairs to grap something to eat.

Upon making it downstairs, Barodir noticed an increase in the amount of people in the Inn. Along with the usual Hobbits, there were now all sorts of races: Elves, Dwarves, even Orcs! And, to his utter astonishment, a Balrog! It was if all of Middle Earth had sent representatives to this small Inn or something of the sort.

On reaction to these new creatures, Barodir placed his hand on his sheathed knife, redy to draw at the first sign of threat. "This should be interesting" he said to himself.

No sooner had he reached the bottom of the stairs, when he saw Pio, the Inn Keeper, threaten the Orcs and the Balrog with a sword of some kind. He was amazed at their recoil to the blade and Pio's threats.

"I guess it's a good thing that I listened to her last time I was here" he joked. He let go of the sheathed knife, knowing that he wouldn't need to fight knowing that such security was in place.

Not wanting to brew any more fighting in the inn, Barodir got some pipe-weed, his usual 5 slices of toast, and sat down by the fireplace.

Still, he could not shake the feeling of uneasiness knowing that the Orcs were savages who would fight even with warning. He eyed his knife again and decided to keep it ready to be used, just in case of the worse...

[ March 26, 2003: Message edited by: Barodir ]
Old 03-26-2003, 10:02 PM   #190
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

(OOC:this may take several posts Elladan, so feel free to interject between my posts)

Cromthal thought for a moment... "Where to begin... oh yes.."

*fade in*

Cromthal and Seargal came to the Baranduin. It was now swollen after a heavy rain. Cromthal hopped of his hirst and took a good look at the river.

"well, Seargal dear, I do not like the looks of the river. But we'd probab;ly be better to cross it now, because it loos as if the water may be rising." Cromthal said. He oftern talked to his horse, and he even seemed to listen.

Securing his provasions into waterticht sacks, Cromthal mounted Seargal once more and started off into the water. thought swift, the river didn't seem to hard to handle. Cromthal was but quite at ease by this. He was nervous at first, because he had very little experience with rivers, and he could in no way swim. All went well until they got close to the middle of the river.

The current became so strong and swift that even a strong horse like Seargal was having trouble staying upright. Sudenly the hirse tripped and stumbled into the water. Cromthal, unprepared fell off and into the water. Seargal got out of the water all right, but Cromthal was taken under by the curren and his saffron robe was torn from his slight frame leaving him with only the white linen shift he wore underneath. He only had just enought time to notice this before darkness took hold of him.

Old 03-26-2003, 10:47 PM   #191
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai looked at this boy before her in wonder. He seemed so lost now, as though he had no idea of what he had spoken only moments before. The great strength and power his voice had held had vanished, leaving only the frightened child sitting beside her. He was alone, in a strange place. And he asked her to be his friend.

This small gesture of trust, this tiny show of innocence and kinship touched Nahai. It was rare that anyone bothered to give her the time of day, let alone call her ‘friend’.

“I would be honored to be your friend, Master Elhor, if you’ll have me.” She said with a smile. Suddenly a pang of guilt struck her heart. He didn’t know her secret. She couldn’t lie to the boy any more. Taking a ragged breath, she looked Elhor in the eye.

“There is something you must know, however.” Nahai looked at everyone in the group. “There is something you all must know.” She paused, trying to think of the best way to approach the subject.

“I told you before that I am not what I seem. I did not lie. I am not truly of men, or of elves. Because of this, I have been hunted and feared my entire life. My parents were killed in front of me when I was but a child because of what they were. So forgive me if I seemed cold and untrustworthy when we first met. I can’t help but feel paranoid when I’m around people I do not know.” She stared at her hands. “To tell the truth, you’re some of the only people I’ve ever met who I feel I can trust. I’m sorry if I sound bitter, but my experiences with other people haven’t been pleasant ones.” For a split second, the others thought they could see tears rimming her emerald eyes as memories of the past pushed their way into her thoughts. She quickly blinked them back.

“I didn’t tell you earlier because,” she paused, “because I wanted you to see me as a person, not as a monster. I didn’t want you to fear me like everyone else does.” The tears returned as she remembered every scream of terror, every dirty and accusing stare, every harsh word and violent act that she had faced before. All because of what she was. Nahai dabbed her eyes with her sleeve. She was determined not to cry.

“I am a skin-changer. A Beorning, I believe they are called these days. In fact, Beorn is my uncle. It was he who raised me when my parents were murdered. Please forgive me for not telling you earlier.” Her eyes rested once more upon Elhor. “I will understand if you no longer want me as a friend.” There. It was out. Heaving a sigh of mixed relief and agitation, Nahai stared at her boots, waiting for a reply.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:20 AM   #192
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Shield

A small smile played across Morwyn's lips as she listened to Nahai's words. She tried to stifle it, for fear that the green-eyed woman would take it as mocking her, but it wouldn't be stifled. Her intuitions about Nahai had been correct, she was somehow different, somehow other than human. The woman of Rohan always felt this small satisfaction when her guesses were confirmed. It meant she was observant, she was careful.

However, as the impact of the shape-changer's words hit her the smile faded. She contemplated Nahai's story carefully, but as strange and alien as her story sounded, underneath there was similarity, kinship even.

Morwyn breathed in deeply, "Lady Nahai," she began hesitantly, "there is much in your words that I do not understand. But there is also much there that I do know." she swallowed as memories pressed hard behind her eyes. "My family also is gone, my husband was killed far from home, but I held my baby daughter as she died. That loss I know. Hardship also I understand. This land is not easy to travel as a woman alone." she smiled grimly. "I have a sword, and I've used it many times." She stood, to reveal the short sword sheathed at her waist and pulled out a few inches of the bright steel.

"But what we have most in common," she continued, "is that neither of us can afford to throw away friendship when it is offered to us." She smiled. "All your words to me have been true, and all your actions, my friend." She looked at Nahai, whose green eyes looked even larger than usual and held out a hand across the table. The Lady of the Beornings took her hand, and smiled back at her.

Morwyn then turned to Elhor, whose large eyes had followed the whole conversation. "I also would extend friendship to you, if you would have it." She smiled at the boy as she waited for his answer.

[ March 27, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 03-27-2003, 08:24 PM   #193
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Eye

Elhor paled as he heard Nahai's words. Trembling, he looked at her, terror showing on his face.

He was not afraid of her. No, she could be trusted; he had known that since the first time he saw her. Nor did he fear for Nahai; Morwyn, he saw, would be faithful to her friend, no matter what.

The answerless questions whirled in his mind. Was this why his parents had feared for him? Was he one of them...the Beornings? They had let him leave without ever trying to stop him. Did they hate him? Or were they trying to protect him? His mother, if she was his mother, had said he had a "look." Nahai looked perfectly human. Maybe this had nothing to do with that night, and he was overreacting.

Someone was speaking to him, now, and he was answering. “I said I never desert my friends. Now I tell you this: I never break my word. Take courage; you are no longer alone.”

Elhor did not even try to determine where the words came from. The words he was saying seemed unimportant. It was what he felt that mattered. Nahai knew, even if she did not know she knew. She knew him; she could give him answers. She understood!

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 03-27-2003, 08:51 PM   #194
Silmarien
Wight

Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

A green cloaked woman nervously entered the inn. Hoping no-one would recognize her she took a quick look around the room. She stiffened as she saw 2 orcs and great fiery creature. Well, she could go no further this evening.

She took down her hood to reveal her long silvery golden hair, from which she was taking her alias. 'No' she thought with releif 'no-one here will recognize me'. She was safe as possible for the moment.

"Could I have a cheese sandwich?" she asked the strong looking lady at the bar.
Though here at journeys end I lie in dakness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell:I will not say the Day is done nor bid the Stars farewell!
Old 03-27-2003, 08:58 PM   #195
Meoshi
Wight

1420!

Daethaur moved ten seats further down the bar. Sitting next to orcs hadn't helped him much. Apparently he'd gotten blamed when they were acting up, they wouldn't mess around again, with the power of the Administrator's Blade in the hands of the barkeep. And his order still hadn't been filled. Ol' Melkor wasn't very bright to create orcs, he thought.

A golden haired elf sat down at the bar. Daethaur sensed a great power hidden within this elf, and moved another four seats over.
Old 03-28-2003, 04:52 AM   #196
Aeden

Silmaril

"I have never known you to worry about anything Aeryn" Éden said turning his head to look at the orc who had come over to their table.

"But, you have nothing to fear, I am here now, and i will protect you." There was a look of searching in him. "Though, with so many rangers and other men here, any attempt of murder would be foolish."

Old 03-28-2003, 01:04 PM   #197
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Ellie!"
Ellie jumped violently at the voice in her ear, spilling some of her coffee on Drago's knee.

"Are you trying to startle me out of my skin?" she groused, mopping his leg with the edge of her cloak. He only smiled.
"I was having a peaceful drink and you-" she stopped, noticing that Drago seemed to be fighting back laughter.
"What?" she asked, hands on her hips.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 03-28-2003, 01:40 PM   #198
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Sting

Elhor looked about, searching for something to distract him from the frightening thoughts.

Many new people, if they could be called "people", had entered the inn. They were strange folk he had never heard of before, even in tales.

He was not frightened, but others seemed to avoid them, and shuddered if they came near. The people of the Vale, his home, could hardly be called beautiful, and Elhor did not consider these strange, dark creatures to be too different from some men he had seen. To be sure, they were not the sort he would like to have as close friends, but why did everyone seem to shun them?

Elhor had compassion for those who were alone and unwanted, no matter whether he truly liked them or not. But Pio had not trusted them, so they were probably trouble-makers. Still, she had let them in.

He went up to one of the strange creatures, leaving his new-found friends. Maybe Morwyn would like to talk with Nahai for a while. It made sense that they would want to be alone.

“Hello, sir.”

"Why am I doing this?" he thought. It was against the boy’s nature! Shy and reclusive, he would not introduce himself even to someone he liked and trusted. He should leave the inn, now, without telling anyone. If not, he was bound to get in trouble this way. He couldn’t have friends! What had ever made him think he could?

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 03-28-2003, 04:48 PM   #199
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio busied herself behind the bar. Tongs in hand, she was putting together the ingredients for one ‘Flaming Fires of Orodruin’. From the deep recesses of the shelves beneath the bar she had fished out the large, two handled bowl made of thick Dwarven steel – impervious to all caustic materials, or so she had been told by the tradesman. And from the locked box of the same metal she took the carefully separated ingredients for the drink, and stirred them in order into the waiting bowl. A pinch of ash from Anfauglith was the last of the dry ingredients . . . she held up the thick glass cruet to the light and watched the twisting shadowed fluid swirl within, as it fought to conceal itself . . . ten drops of oily water from the dried stream in Dor Daedeloth and the drink was ready. Dreadful smoke and flames spewed up from within as she hurried it to the table where Daethaur sat.

“Order up, Flame of Udûn!’ She set the drink down in front of the Balrog and leaned as close as she dared. ‘After this one, it’s ale, wine, tea or nothing, I fear. Singed myself making this one!’

Further on, at a solitary table, Pio set down a cheese sandwich, and a tall glass of sparkling cider in front of the woman with the silvery blond hair. ‘Don’t worry about them,’ she said, motioning toward the Shadow creatures. ‘They should stay in line as long as they are in the Inn.’

Her last stop was the boy, Elhor. She set a glass of cider in front of him and cautioned him to let the Orc take the first pass at conversation. ‘You never know what will offend them. Best you let them choose the subject.’ In front of the Orc she set down a half-pint.

Once more behind the bar, she wiped up the spill over from the Balrog’s drink. ‘Should have done this right away,’ she mused to herself, as she noted the etchings where the drops of liquid had lain.

Pio leaned on the bar, a mug of chilled wine in her hand and looked at the clientele tonight. ‘Should be an interesting mix,’ she thought to herself. ‘I wonder what brings the Orcs and Valrauko so far West. Unusual . . . perhaps, if I wait long enough they will tell their stories.’

[ March 28, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-28-2003, 06:54 PM   #200
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Myrtle sat watching the odd creatures from her small table at the other side of the room. It was slowly darkening outside, but she decided it wouldn't matter if she stayed much longer. It was not like anyone would notice she was gone, her family was always busy working at the small stable they owned. She had never really been interested in that sort of thing, and usually stayed home, or so that was what everyone thought. She would always sneak out and walk about the town, enjoying the thrill of not being caught.

She slipped of the small chair she had been sitting on, and walked over to the bar, watching the creatures from the corner of her eye. She waved over at the lady behind the counter and asked for some ale, though it was just an excuse to see the creatures up close. When the lady brought over her ale, Myrtle nodded politly and turned to see the creatures looking at her. They were frightening looking,but she wanted to know more about them, what they were, where they came from, and why were they here. So she took a seat at the bar and watched them silently from the corner of her eye.