Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #1761
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I liked it! That was a good post, Groin! I don't think it was too far fetched, though I admit to not know Matrim's character at all. I think a lot of people will be on edge about Saeryn being usurped, so they'll be really touchy about that.

-- Folwren
Old 11-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #1762
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
A fun post Groin... and I liked it too.

But just a general precaution: let us not make all the new soldiers just arrogant idiots. Remember you have to bear with them and you will have to rely on them if anything bad happens... (and in a long run some of us may need to start writing them as they will become household names). And anyway, part of them at the courtyard are king Eomer's soldiers going back the next day. So like the best men in the whole country... and surely Athanar's own men are not any servants of Mordor but valiant rohirrim like your characters.

Anyway, in this environment lord Athanar's soldiers are the next thing to a friend in arms you have.

But yes, a rotten apple among the new soldiers is a good idea and we could get a lot of interesting things out of such a figure. Maybe he should be named as well... well not necessarily now, unless someone of you would like to take that character or would like to play with him a little more as an NPC? Maybe people could vent off some frustrations with him and then both sides (or if he is just horrible, then only him) would be punished? As you like...

But if you have any misconceptions about Athanar, then I need to say that had he witnessed that incident, he would have commanded a round of lashes to that rider, and probably to Matrim as well...

To their luck, Athanar hasn't heard about the incidence yet as he is indoors having the discussion.

This looks fine indeed! So much feeling in the air!

I'm looking forwards to see how Hilderinc will handle the situation... and what Saeryn & Thornden will answer to Athanar. Or whether someone is going to meet Aedre and her "uncle", or if Lilige will have an encounter with someone helping to move the personal matters... There are such a myriad of chances for everyone...

Just grab them...
Old 11-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #1763
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Fine update from Coenred's POV Dury! You really make him flesh and blood - and soul - with just one post! Great!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #1764
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
But just a general precaution: let us not make all the new soldiers just arrogant idiots. Remember you have to bear with them and you will have to rely on them if anything bad happens... (and in a long run some of us may need to start writing them as they will become household names). And anyway, part of them at the courtyard are king Eomer's soldiers going back the next day. So like the best men in the whole country... and surely Athanar's own men are not any servants of Mordor but valiant rohirrim like your characters.
Exactly, it wasn't all the soldier's fault. Wilcred and Matrim both snapped back a tad too much and the soldier's insult was more of thinking out loud. I remembered what you had said earlier about making everyone bad or good, that's why I had this soldier look a little sad when he told Lithor what he said.

Still waiting for Eonwe before I can get a post up for Erbrand. I'm just itching to get him involved with all this.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #1765
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

All fine and dandy Groin - I actually noticed that part of the soldier feeling remorse needing to recount his hot-tempered words publicly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Still waiting for Eonwe before I can get a post up for Erbrand. I'm just itching to get him involved with all this.
And some people could write helping Lilige with the stuff - and I might make a short one before going to sleep for Stigend & Garstan admiring the pile of goods for them... And Lommy promised to write something tomorrow the latest, let's see how she can shuffle the pack...
Old 11-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #1766
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I thought that he wasn't such a bad character, if he felt ashamed of his words. A little rash, but not wholly bad. I thought it was handled well. So I'm in agreement with both Nogrod and Groin.

Nogrod and Lommy, I'm sending you a PM that Nienna and I have both considered....

-- Foley
Old 11-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #1767
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I posted, but I really dislike this post. If anyone has some better way to put what I'm trying to say, PLEASE let me know. I really think that Thornden and Saeryn have a right to be upset about Saeryn's place being taken from her, but I can not figure out how to put it in proper, honorable, non-fussy terms. Please help.

- Folwren
Old 11-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #1768
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
*splutter*

The post is good (I don't know how keeping it is with Thornden's character, but as I recall the Rohirrim are rather direct, even when being diplomatic), but it puts my character in a bit of a pickle as she's currently trying to make her husband's stance on things go over smoother (even though she more or less agrees with him). So she's not going to give up this position, for that and other reasons. At the same time she can't exactly say that (at least, I don't think I can put enough honey in my posts to pull it off), but she's still here in the conversation.

I'll try to think of a good reaction but I don't know if I'll be able to.

But I like the way this post ratchets up the tension.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #1769
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I really think that Thornden and Saeryn have a right to be upset about Saeryn's place being taken from her, but I can not figure out how to put it in proper, honorable, non-fussy terms. Please help.
Sorry for not being exactly helpful to that end in my last post...

But let's see how this develops... Maybe the "leaders" might have a truce of some sort as the subjects seem to be too happy to pick up fights on their own?
Old 11-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #1770
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Anyone to answer Loslote? That's another perfect hook for anyone to grab from her... *Well done Lottie!*

I need to go to bed right now (4˝ hours to sleep).
Old 11-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #1771
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm sorry about taking so long to post... anyway, tomorrow I will post for Raedwald.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #1772
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I need to go to bed right now (4˝ hours to sleep).
Slacker!
Old 11-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #1773
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My last post was just to keep up with things, to get Coen out of the hall, but Legate of course needs time to post before Coen shows up. That's a lot of posting in one day!

And I'm glad my first post was alright. I was starting to get a feel for things as I was writing it, and of course the entire post was pretty much figuring out Coen...so I'm glad it somehow turned out to be a real post.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #1774
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
*splutter*

The post is good (I don't know how keeping it is with Thornden's character, but as I recall the Rohirrim are rather direct, even when being diplomatic), but it puts my character in a bit of a pickle as she's currently trying to make her husband's stance on things go over smoother (even though she more or less agrees with him).
lol. (forgive the chat slang, please.) That's kind of funny. I'm glad you think it's good. I'll keep it.

Quote:
So she's not going to give up this position, for that and other reasons. At the same time she can't exactly say that (at least, I don't think I can put enough honey in my posts to pull it off), but she's still here in the conversation.

I'll try to think of a good reaction but I don't know if I'll be able to.
Maybe what I'm planning for my next post will make it so that she won't have to say anything at all. The reason I haven't had Saeryn talk lately is for the same reason - I don't know what she could say without making people really, really, REALLY mad.

Quote:
But I like the way this post ratchets up the tension.
K. I'll look into the next post, then.

Oh, and I think I can have Javan answer Loslote's character.

-- Folwrey
Old 11-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #1775
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I really like this Coenrad character, I'm looking forward to having some of my characters meet him. Also, I'm thinking of taking up a third character. I haven't decide who, just letting y'all know.

Thanks for getting that post up Eonwe. I'll get mine up tomorrow. What will Athanar think of this new dilemma?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:53 PM   #1776
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Ok my first post is up. Please let me know if anything needs changing or the format is wrong or anything.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #1777
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I got up a post in response to Eonwe, let me know how it is. Also, it occurred to me that the new players wouldn't know the story behind Oeric and Scyld so I included a short paragraph to explain things a little more.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #1778
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hah! Grabbing the captain of the guard! That is SO funny! Good post, Groin.

I hope posting is as fluent today as it was yesterday. It was so much fun yesterday, hopping on every thirty minutes and having a new post to read.

-- Folwren
Old 11-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #1779
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
You know, I love you people. This is fantastic.

Let me think for a while where my characters fit in, then I can post.

PS. Nienna, Foley & Nog - I approve of the plan, I'm just too lazy to reply the PMs.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #1780
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

That's fine. You don't have to reply. Just post. Looking forward to it!
Old 11-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #1781
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Hah! Grabbing the captain of the guard! That is So funny! Good post, Groin.
Fully agreed!

Nice writing everyone!

And Nienna, that was very good!
Old 11-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #1782
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Loslote raises a very good question we probably should decide here together and not leave the issue to settle itself on the thread...

So where will lord Athanar's and lady Wynflaed's "residence" be? I actually thought about that yesterday for a short while as I realised that question had not been decided on.

I mean there sure had been a special room for lord Eodwine and Saeryn - probably one of the first built into the Mead Hall. Now if it is the sole "lordly room" there is - and one designed for two - it would be understandable that the new eorl and his wife would not sleep in any basic room while Saeryn occupied that luxury-residence alone... But if the new eorl forced Saeryn from the room that would be her only place of soothing memories, it could finally make her snap and pave way for a total revolt as others would stand up and fight for her...

It doesn't make the situation any easier that I have kind of decided that the natural passion and sympathy for other people isn't lord Athanar's strongest personality treat... *

But do you think the people of the Mead Hall had foreseen this situation? They probably had a week or two they knew the king would send them a new eorl - so would they have built new rooms for the new eorl so that Saeryn could keep hers?

Btw. I have been planning of trying to draw some general pictures (maplike ones, not any artworks) of the Mead Hall so that everyone would have it easier to orientate oneself in the surroundings - and our characters would inhabit more or less the same infrastructures thus avoiding any discrepancies or outright contradictions in our narrations of things.

So if you have any strong ideas as to where something should be or how some things should have been arranged spatially please let me know. There are the two rudimantary pictures by lmp in the beginning of this discussion thread we should use as thumbnails or reference points...

* He may be polite and he may be just - well he is - but he really doesn't get all this "emotion-talk". Maybe because he's not so emotional himself, or he doesn't admit it to himself and thus closes the idea of emotionality from everything... (heh, bad psychology but it must suffice for now)

Last edited by Nogrod; 11-02-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #1783
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

They definitely would have thought about where they would be staying, and Saeryn would have given up her room, because they don't have time to make any special arrangements or build new rooms. People, labor, tools, and stuff to build with is all short. She'll go to a smaller room, still probably by herself. It'll be fine.

That's my two cents. I don't have time to suggest anything else just now.

-- Folwren
Old 11-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #1784
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Whoa, whoa, now that was something! But brilliant, certainly. (Although it's horrible, of course: for several days I have been checking this thread if anybody posts something, and nothing, and now in less than 24 hours you have half a page of posts... but I know that's how it goes And they are good, anyway!) I like the situation in the courtyard, and Groin's character grabbing Coen just made me laugh.

And as for the soldiers, indeed, what Nogrod said - although I think the rather negative portrayal of them in general in Lithor's view could be assigned to the character's point of view. After all, the sort of "look, intruders!"-approach would be expectable among the people of Scarburg.

btw, just one question - who the heck is Matrim? I could not find any mention of him in the character lists.

Well, right now I came home quite tired, of all days, but... let me see *starts writing a post*

EDIT: oh crap! Am I crossposting with people even here? (I have been reading the thread for about an hour) Please nooo...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #1785
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Legate! I'm glad you're here. I've been looking forward to your post with great expectancy!

We did post a ton yesterday, didn't we? Isn't it great?! I love it!

-- Folwren
Old 11-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #1786
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Legate! I'm glad you're here. I've been looking forward to your post with great expectancy!

We did post a ton yesterday, didn't we? Isn't it great?! I love it!

-- Folwren
Yes, it's brilliant! I wish I was in a better form today, I had a busy day, alas, otherwise I would have been around earlier! (or more, anyway)

Addendum to the question in my former post: And who the heck is Wilcred???

You see, it's a slight problem for me - and I guess that would come to all the new people anyway - if there are characters whom we have no idea about (and especially if they are around our characters). It is okay and we can always check those who have their bio linked on the list, but when you have just name there, it does not help much... like, you see, is it a soldier, worker, whatever...?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #1787
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Addendum to the question in my former post: And who the heck is Wilcred???
I see your problem... Sorry to not have addressed these earlier...

So Wilcred is an older soldier belonging to the household (part of Eodwine's guard under Thornden). He was an NPC for a long time but is now written by Gwath.

Matrim is a gondorian soldier who was taken into the Mead Hall with his captain Balvir after they came to the Mead Hall with the healer Aedhel. The three are written by Nerindel.

Another thing to those new to the Mead Hall. Even if it's I think a normal procedure in the 'Downs RPGs let me remind you of that. When you want to write someone's inner thoughts - those no other character hears but the reader of the story could read - use italics. It is also adviced you do not use italics in any other context so as to mark those "inner thoughts" clearly from other parlance, song or whatever there might be.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #1788
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm sorry. I was very rushed, or else I would've answered your question when I psoted a response to you.

Matrim is a soldier. But I believe (and I may be mistaken, so correct me, someone, if I'm wrong) that he is a soldier from Gondor, who came with Aedhel, the healer, some time ago. Balvir is his captain, or at least was when they originally arrived, but I think they've melted into the rest of the men-at-arms of Scarburg. Matrim is obviously younger than Balvir. He is currently an NPC, I think? He's being treated like that, anyway.

So, no special status. Just a soldier.

-- Foley
Old 11-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #1789
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Matrim is a gondorian soldier who was taken into the Mead Hall with his captain Balvir after they came to the Mead Hall with the healer Aedhel. The three are written by Nerindel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
Matrim is a soldier. But I believe (and I may be mistaken, so correct me, someone, if I'm wrong) that he is a soldier from Gondor, who came with Aedhel, the healer, some time ago. Balvir is his captain, or at least was when they originally arrived, but I think they've melted into the rest of the men-at-arms of Scarburg. Matrim is obviously younger than Balvir. He is currently an NPC, I think? He's being treated like that, anyway.

That's how it goes...

Well, Nerindel popped in after a long while, like a wqeek ago, and sent the BIO of Balvir promising to write "when she could". The three were originally introduced and written by Nerindel, but Foley is right that especially Matrim has been kind of an NPC lately...
Old 11-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #1790
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Good, thanks for your willingness to answer Well, it's all right then. I think the most problematic thing in these terms would have been to decide what kind of impression will the characters make on first sight on the others (we will know their actions, but we won't know e.g. what they look like, or so).

By the way, it is by no means my intention to spam us with names, but it was just natural to add a few things like that as Hilderinc knows these men. And, of course, I wanted to illustrate a bit of the relationship between them. And of course again the knowledge of these characters can be used later as these "background guys". I hope the name for our "friend" is fine.

I feel much better now. Yay, it's so brilliant to be posting in a thread which is moving!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #1791
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

A lot more people, well soldiers to be more exact, but with names!

All of them NPCs for the time being for anyone to use. Here's a shortcut to them...

- Baldwic (son of Baldwin), 18 years, a kind of insecure young man met by Stigend.

- Feargall, a bit more authoritative soldier, calm, collected, met by Stigend and Garstan.

- Áforglćd, a young and impetuos soldier getting into a fight with Matrim.

- Scyrr, a senior guard of Athanar's house, possibly a bit bad-temepered - or just straight with his opinions...

Of the four I think we will be married with Áforglćd and Scyrr as they seem like Athanar's guard both of them (well Scyrr is actually said to be one). With the two Stigend and Garstan met we can decide - maybe a bit later - whether they were part of king Eomer's escort to the convoy or belong to Athanar's men.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #1792
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Yay, it's so brilliant to be posting in a thread which is moving!
I concur. Even if I haven't been posting much... yet...
Old 11-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #1793
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
I concur. Even if I haven't been posting much... yet...
Yes, I can see how problematic the "high class" debate is... but I must say, it is indeed fun to read

And ha, good list, Nogrod! I think quite handy.

Personally, I think that it is good to have at least some basic "types" in the background to use, like, if you need some random people to use in your posts, you can always pick some of those and they will have already a bit of personality behind themselves, and so gradually they may even develop more of it... and they might even become more "familiar" to us.

Quote:
- Scyrr, a senior guard of Athanar's house, possibly a bit bad-temepered - or just straight with his opinions...
Exactly like this - it is upon any of the writers whose characters encounter them in the future to explore those... like in this case, whether it is being bad-tempered or being straight with his opinions from the person's part...
Old 11-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #1794
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I posted. Nogrod, let me know if Athanar spoke poorly.

-- Folwren
Old 11-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #1795
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

How much else do the high 'n mighties need to discuss matters before wrapping up the conversation? I realize Lommy hasn't posted for the boys (if indeed Mom and Dad would let them talk during a meeting as important as this), but I can't think of any more points that need to be covered during this initial meeting off the top of my head.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #1796
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I think they're just about done. I know Searyn's tired of it and need to escape soon. I don't know what else needs to be done for now. The rest of the day seems pretty clear - eat, settle down, and...that's probably it. Athanar needs to decide what he's going to do next, but that's hardly anything he'll discuss with Thornden and Saeryn.

-- Folwren
Old 11-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #1797
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Nog, I would be very appreciative of a newer/more comprehensive map. The ones there are nice but they only have the stables, kitchen, paddock, and hall. I was writing my first post and wondering where the privy might be and was at a loss. I think that Ćdre might be a wanderer/explorer too so knowing where things are would be greatly helpful.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:01 AM   #1798
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
You can finish the meeting without the rascals, I think they could have been instructed (by their loving mother, perhaps? ) to be quiet and behave during the meeting, and maybe it's been a good day since they've been behaving themselves (mostly).

I'm sorry I didn't have time to write anything yesterday, I'm definitely going to write something today even if it means staying up too lte for my own good. It's annoying to be busy with RL when something this cool is going on!

PS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
- Feargall, a bit more authoritative soldier, calm, collected, met by Stigend and Garstan.
Mmh if no one minds, can we change his name? Because now it's confusingly similar to the name of Nerindel's chracter (Iomhair Fearghall) who's supposed to be - on top of everything - from Dale. If we want to keep the name something similarsounding, what about something like Fearguld? That sounds more masculine, too.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #1799
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Wow. I didn't think Saeryn was so bitter. I guess she's a little sore about being kicked from lady of the hall to housekeeper. Forgive her stormy thoughts, Mnemosyne. She'll probably not end up hating Wynflaed, when all is said and done...unless your character has more up her sleeve than I can see.

I've been thinking. So far, when anyone has adopted a new character, they seem to shy away from them being even remotely bad or not understanding - beside Nienna's character, she's apparently got an obvious bad streak in her. Even the soldier authoritarian figures have been understading and nice about things. I think it's all natural - if we play a character, we want to make them decent and at least partially redeemable. So, what I'm thinking is that maybe I'll tak the character Scyrr and not worry about any of that, and just make him plain old mean.

On the other hand, we already have a LOT going on and a lot new characters still needing to be intagrated. So I'll hold off on that a little until somethings that haven't happened yet do happen. Then I'll decide.

-- Folwren

P.S. I take that back. Athanar and his two sons promise to be somewhat rough characters. Maybe it's just that family that's so...*ahem* interesting. Maybe we need some commoners who are more temper prone to stir up some trouble among the greater majority of the Scarburgians.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #1800
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Nogrod, let me know if Athanar spoke poorly.
I don't think he spoke poorly (and I do agree he could have made that comment on "idling" as well), but I might like you to change his stance in the following...
Quote:
“Is there anything else?” Athanar asked drily. His fingers tapped impatiently on the tabletop as he looked at Thornden coldly.
I mean he is an experienced leader indeed and thus realises the value of the information he has just been given. I mean what Thornden said was a bigger gift he could have imagined as he now has a roughly realistic picture of what he is facing. So he would not be impatient to have Thornden stop and look like he's not liking the fact Thornden tells him these things; but rather like interested and curious to learn more - if there would be more...

Maybe something like:

Quote:
"Is there anything else?” Athanar asked leaning forwards and gazing Thornden to the eye.
Or whatever you think would convey the interest he has of learning all there is to learn...

I'll post later in the evening an ending to the short counsel and then we can all continue on other issues.

The next big item would be the banquet in the evening but let's post things before it to get everyone in and meeting others.