The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 04:05 AM   #1201
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Only one more left!!!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #1202
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Only one more left!!!
Oooh, I can't wait to see how it turned out.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #1203
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I hate being the hold up, but I'll try to get this done on the weekend, if not tomorrer. Otherwise it really would be stick figures and dots and lines - still might be.

And to Formendacil... thank you I do not, for putting such images into my head. Though I can only imagine what you were up against.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:00 PM   #1204
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Don't worry Beregond...

We've had time to wait for this to make it through for such time that a day or two shouldn't actually matter so much...
Old 07-31-2009, 11:28 AM   #1205
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
ONE MORE!!! I can't WAIT to see how this turns out!!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:19 PM   #1206
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
I can't WAIT to see how this turns out!!!!
Don't you know that already? The baddie is defeated, the world is saved, the guy and the girl get each other and they live happily everafter...
Old 07-31-2009, 12:29 PM   #1207
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Don't you know that already? The baddie is defeated, the world is saved, the guy and the girl get each other and they live happily everafter...
And then the DRAGON came.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:41 PM   #1208
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Quote:
Oh, yes, I already knew that! Only in some stories, though... But, I meant Paper Telephone, but, you probably already knew that!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:44 PM   #1209
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
hint hint to Beregrond.....don't forget that dragon!
Old 07-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #1210
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Oh but that is the penultimate scene! Beregond has the grande finale!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #1211
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, it's not so grande...

But it is finalized. Sorry for the delay...I bet you're all expecting something really good for all the time I had...

Usually people reach for great highs - well, I've never been high, so I've decided to try for something else - great lows! And I'm proud to say, this is the worst drawing I've managed all year! Yes folks, it even needed captions to explain itself. And there's a...well, I'll leave that as a surprise.

Hope you like it! I know I'll like all of yours better, and I sure can't wait!
Old 08-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #1212
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oooh, the suspense!
Old 08-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #1213
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Oooh, the suspense!
Oh, yes! How can anybody wait this long without severely damaging themselves? I don't know, but it appears that we can...
Old 08-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #1214
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
Oh, yes! How can anybody wait this long without severely damaging themselves? I don't know, but it appears that we can...
Are you sure that everyone's not severely damaged?
Old 08-03-2009, 03:39 AM   #1215
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Are you sure that everyone's not severely damaged?
Well, not I. Maybe you are.

*Checks this thread even though I know Nogrod hasn't posted the call yet*
Old 08-03-2009, 09:33 AM   #1216
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

It's coming along!!!

You just need to wait an hour or two more... I'll be on it soon.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:06 AM   #1217
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Paper Telephone Calls the 'Downs!!!

Nogrod started with an experiment on how fast a simple picture with only a few twists would turn into something totally weird and unfathomable… Even if there clearly were a few different interpretations available during the first rounds they somehow always came back to the original theme. But the wealth of widespread artistic styles sure make the first rounds worthwhile even if the main theme kind of lulled to and fro with minor steps… but this wouldn’t be a Paper Telephone if it wouldn’t run amok at some stage. And well, it really did! With the help of Morgoth it was indeed corrupted stage by stage as you can see.

So here’s what Nogrod managed to draw with his Paint. You know, when middle-aged men are given free hands to do whatever they wish this is the best they can come up with…

TheGreatElvenWarrior should be given the “keenest eyes ever” –reward for spotting that unlit torch from the darkness.

“As he walks into Shelob's cave, Frodo's torch decides not to work.”

“Mehr licht” called Goethe when he died. Laurinque agreed – and a touch of a female eye to interior design is never out of place.

Wilwa dived spot-on to the core of the matter: the gender issue!

“A feminine Frodo Baggins, armed with a flashlight, approaches Shelob in her very homey cave.”

Being male and all, Hookbill clearly struggled with trying to visualize a “homey” cave, so he went with a typical men’s solution eg. to his childhood and his mom.

Legate then rushed on to reveal the whole depth of his learning in popular culture: The ‘Downer (which indeed is a nice crossbreed of Alien movies and Phantom cartoons!), The LotR, The Simpsons and The Star Wars.

“After Alien once again buried Phantom underground, Shelob the Chef lured the crossbreed of Frodo and Luke Skywalker armed with a flashlight into her lair.”
Old 08-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #1218
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Eönwë went with the mood – and the complexity of the situation – being the literary guy he is.

But Mnemosyne was even deeper into the Star Wars mythology – but less knowledgeable of the ‘Downer. Which probably is the wrong order of priorities.

“Alien infiltrates a crack!AU!crossover of The Two Towers and The Empire Strikes Back, so that in the "enter the cave, face your enemies, and discover yourself" phase of the myth, Frodo will not see his own face after striking Shelob down, but Phantom's.”

Isabellkya was very true to the Star Wars but all her nice and laborous hints were overlooked… which would be sad if this wasn’t a Tolkien fan-site where we consider her pic’s fate as just decent. (Frodo beats Luke a Gazillion times, right?)

So as hinted already, Oddwen brought things back into the LotR – although there were clearly some major disturbances in the force… umm… in Eru’s graceful design…? Blame it to Morgoth.

“Samwise bravely attacked Shelob with a lightsaber and glowing clam, however Shelob is confident despite her severed leg and breaks the fourth wall.”

Clearly it was the work of Morgoth as Lommy managed to call in the next item… it was indeed something completely different.

So Greenie’s attempt was doomed to failure even before she concentrated into the pic. The Circus was let loose.

“A jedi Sam is in trouble fighting a surprisingly powerful Monty Python -freak Shelob.”
Old 08-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #1219
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

One can see the powers of the other Valar trying to retake control in Aganzir’s pic – but the dissonance is visible enough to carry further... cancer-like, it is.

And the dissonance grew stronger in the dark recesses of Brinn’s brain and got this kind of literary form:

“Unsheathing his sword, the fat hobbit Samwise Gamgee braced himself as he prepared to overtake the great and ugly She who says....Ni!”

The famous post-modern artist from the late eighties called Formendacil produced a masterpiece. But a question remains: are we positive Form has nothing to do with Bakshi’s animation as well? Maybe he has just lied to us about his age even more? You know, an Inkling and all… Anyway, there was no turning back after this one.

Morgoth clearly had no liking in High-Culture and whispered the catch-word to Beregond’s ear. And what else did he whisper to him or was it just the sickness of Beregond’s imagination?

“Braving its orange glow, Samwise confronts the hexapod knight who supports women's loos with narry a "Ni".”

Not knowing about Form’s post-modern artistic tendencies The Great Elven Warrior continued his style in her overall presentation of her work. Was that Gandalf’s brave last try to twist Morgoth’s plan (all evil loves classicism!)? Anyway the corruption was now holding the purity firmly on the edge.

Laurinque was clearly overrun by the evil bringing in politics and fear. Melkor had championed over the prof.!

“A terrified Samwise quakes in fear at the prospect of having to assault the utterly fearsome, pro-British National Party (which happens to support women’s loos), Hexapod Knight.”
Old 08-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #1220
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Wilwa was clearly revealed to be a Brit and not a Canadian… The opinions differ into whether that is delightful and splendid… or just bad news.

Lommy went deeper into crushing Tolkien’s work. The gender-politics Wilwa had unknowingly called forwards a long time ago got finally named, and at the same time the male hero was greatly diminished - as the common status of men (unless you're a Scot)...

“Robin Smallburrow was frightened by the new feminist British party that even forced knights wear skirts.”

Legate had a clear view of how feminists look like and tried to hold true to the sentence not having the faintest of how Melkor would twist his work…

Aganzir seeemed to be liberally gender indifferent and that was the weak-spot Melkor hit into, diminishing the male heroes even more…

“Nogrod and Legate think crusaders should quit harassing hobbits.”

Mnemosyne had willpower enough to stay the course and tried to bring forwards some dignity… but what seeds of further discrepancy did she sow!

With Isabellkya it was all lost. Now where’s all the decency? What would have the prof said of this?!

“Nog and TUD (The Unidentifiable Downer), express outrage at the lack of humanity over the headline story in the latest issue of The Downer newspaper - which features SPM the Crusader repetitively pestering the miniature curly brown-haired girl; while wearing a sharp and intimidating sword.”
Old 08-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #1221
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oddwen tried straightforward tactics putting the moral message into the headline. You can see her calling help from the higher powers in there! There is hope! And note the nice copy of my earlier Facebook pic! (the beard though…)

Or there was hope before Hookbill took his turn. The infamous yellow journalism had a total triumph!

“Mr Underhill's usual morning ritual of staring at a bearded man was interupted by news of the Saucepan Man's latest 'child beating' fiasco.”

Greenie was squared… sorry, scared about the news and tried to give it the nicest possible interpretation.

But Eönwë was more into the gore… and anyway totally under influence of something: too much Freud and HP at least, a pinch of Morgoth to be sure.

“A smiling sun looks on as Samwise Gamgee cuts Hagrid's head off with his laser vision while drinking tea, only possible because he watched SpM hitting himself with a carpet beater as a child, according to the strange singing man.”

Brinn tried to bring the PT into the relatively sane trails – if you can call drawing Eönwë’s sentence sane in any measure possible. But she did a decent job there: all the details involved! What wounds this left in Brinn’s soul remains to be seen and studied by anthropologists, psychologists and the students of behaviorism.

Did Form just reveal the roots of his true identity and childhood experiences or is this just an evil trick?

“The baby Saucepan Man levitates before an onlooker in the 1930s while Beorn has his head blasted off by the hip young lovechild of Frodo and Cyclops.”
Old 08-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #1222
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

What was left to Beregond was just to wrap it up in a somewhat intelligible fashion – and it proved quite a task. Thence the captions… But it was a brave effort indeed! Even taking in some discussions from the thread!

So there you go!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #1223
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Oh my word! So much of this was fantastic!!!

Nogrod, were you TRYING to be as vague as possible with that starting picture? Those evil eyes are terrifying, though.

Laurinque continues to produce a wonderful masterpiece for our entertainment. I bow. *bows and falls over*

Thank you, Wilwa, for providing me with such an interesting sentence to deal with... It's a shame no one took on the purple hand coming out of the ground.

I should have guessed that Legate would pick up on Alien's cameo. Oh the humanity.

Eönwë's Frodo looks pretty good. I like the gradient background.

Mnemosyne... Your sentence was EPIC. That is all.

I think that Isabellkya's picture could qualify as a piece of modern art of the highest order. What does the Phantom's appearance in Shelob's eye represent? The downfall of society, of course.

Lommy, did your felt pens explode? Yes, though, it's a great pic.

Aganzir’s Sam is amazing! Without the 'Ni', someone might think it to be an illustration straight from the books!

I think Formy's been drinking...

The Great Elven Warrior's multi-legged night looksstartled by his orange glow. But who wouldn't be?

Wilwa, your Hobbit with a wig was brilliant... wait...

Legate should be assigned to do political satire paintings for a job.

Thanks to Aganzir for bringing us to the inevitable Downs based stream.

Let us all bother Mnemosyne about the obvious Potter Puppet Pals reference.

Oddwen, why did your paper contain so many stories about Beef. *checks back catalogue*, oh, I see. Carry on...

Greenie's picture actually pushed me over the edge into tears of laughter. I love the singing bloke delivering the news!

When I saw Brinn's Baby Saucepan Man I had to take a break for a moment or two. Then I fell over again. Too funny!

Beregond, thank you for remembering that the only way to end something like this is 'AND THE DRAGON IS COMING.'

Excellent work, everyone!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #1224
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Wilwa was clearly revealed to be a Brit and not a Canadian… The opinions differ into whether that is delightful and splendid… or just bad news.
Ahahahaha

Quote:
Wilwa, your Hobbit with a wig was brilliant... wait...

Wow, that was so funny. Very worth the wait.

I looooved Greenie's picture, haha, made me giggle quite a bit.

Izzy's sentence was awesome, especially cause she didn't recognise Legate's avvie, haha.

And Beregond included a Dragon!!!! Whoopie!!!

Great job to all!!!

Count me in for the next one!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #1225
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Oh, this was great! Especially the Monty Python references! Brilliant!

Laurinque, that was a lovely pic! I especially loved Frodo, he looks so realistic!

And, now I get where the Hexapod Knight came from. That was the most ridiculous picture I've ever had to draw! Formy must be insane to make a pic like that! Whoa!

EDIT: And, of course I want to join in the next round. I would be insane not to, it's so much fun!

Last edited by TheGreatElvenWarrior; 08-03-2009 at 11:06 PM.
TheGreatElvenWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #1226
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
Mnemosyne... Your sentence was EPIC. That is all.
*bows*

This was awesome, people!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #1227
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Wow, that was a brilliant round! So much great artwork.

And I'm sorry if my sentence scarred you all for life.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:27 PM   #1228
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Now that was amazing. Just absolutely incredible!

I may need to get my computer repaired; I was sobbing from the hilarity of it and the computer paid the price of my glee. Tears all over the keyboard.

I agree with you Nogrod, I am amazed at the visual acuity of TheGreatElvenWarrior. You must be commended for your amorphous picture.

By the way, Elijah Woods really does have extraordinarily long eyelashes. I couldn't help it. He had to look properly distressed. Oh, and did anyone notice the vintage LOTR poster behind 'Frieda' Baggins? My mother used to have one of those.

Lommy, Formendacil - those were just brilliant. I an a great fan of your let's say surreal artwork Formy.

I think glowing knights maybe a speciality of yours TheGreatElvenWarrior, keep it up!

I must say, I believe I enjoyed your drawing the very most Mnemosyne, particularly the avatar-stick figure. That was the last nail in the coffin of my dwindling sanity. Thank you.

Good summery of The Downer Oddwen, I approve.

Hookbill's sentence caused me no end of glee. And resulted in a most amusing drawing by Greenie.

I loved your picture Brinn, I really did. The laser eyes were everything. And Formendacil - that sentence was definitely this round's best. I had to stop reading for a while to recover from it. That IS a complement by the way.

" . . . and the DRAGON is coming . . . " Perfect Beregond! How DID you come up with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
Laurinque continues to produce a wonderful masterpiece for our entertainment. I bow. *bows and falls over*
Thank you, thank you. *falls off the stage to great applause*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior
Laurinque, that was a lovely pic! I especially loved Frodo, he looks so realistic!
You flatter me. Thank you.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:54 AM   #1229
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I can only agree that this was totally hilarious at times... already when I got Hookbill's pic I presumed that it will be so and later Lommy's sentence only confirmed that.

Is it just me, or do you think Form's pictures are getting more and more... how to say it... sophisticated...? Really good, that is. As well as the sentence.

Besides his masterpiece, I must say I was once again amazed by the expressivity of especially Lauri's, Isa's, Lommy's and Oddie's paintings.

TGEW's Frodo is quite funny and has a priceless expression!

I like the bubble at Mnemo's pic ("Bother Bother!")... as well as the stick-characters with the avvies instead of their head (though apparently, not enough to recognise all the participants ). For some reason, what Nog says there seems to me as a thing the real Nog would really say...

And I just love Brinn's picture, as much as Greenie's too. Greenie's square people and the obligatory stellar objects watching over the scene are a classic, and I just love poor Hagrid and the eye-killer Samwise.

And Beregond's final one is just hilarious too - I like the Frodo crossbreed and Beorn with his head chopped off, as well as the baby SpM, and the captions everywhere.

And of course thanks to the Nod, sorry, I meant Mog, including the really thoughtfully open opening picture.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #1230
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
I am a great fan of your let's say surreal artwork Formy.

And Formendacil - that sentence was definitely this round's best. I had to stop reading for a while to recover from it. That IS a complement by the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
Is it just me, or do you think Form's pictures are getting more and more... how to say it... sophisticated...? Really good, that is. As well as the sentence.

Besides his masterpiece,
All this is going straight to my head... I hope you two know that!

Especially since the picture was done as such mostly because, well, MSPaint was my only functional option--no scanner--and I was trying for something other than run-of-the-mill with that limited option. Glad to see it worked.

Personally, though, I don't think you can top Beregond's "and then the dragon came!" and Brinn's floating Saucepan Baby is still my favourite visual.

An excellent round entirely, though.

Do we need a mod for the next game?
Old 08-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #1231
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I just wanted to say that I think that Laurinquë's Shelob looks quite cute (well, as far as spiders can).

And to ask to be signed up for Ye Nexte Game.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #1232
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
I just wanted to say that I think that Laurinquë's Shelob looks quite cute (well, as far as spiders can).
Thank you!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #1233
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Laurinque's Shelob actually made me utter the word "gah!", until I took a second look at her eyes. Then I thought she was cute.

Formy's Hexapod is a psychadelic feast.

Eonwe's sentence and Brinn's following pic are brilliant.

This was a hilarious round and you all should feel as warm and fuzzy as Shelob inside. Please to count me into the next round.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:36 AM   #1234
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quite a journey it was from the first pic to the last.

I'd like to join the next round, please.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:53 AM   #1235
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Count me in too, please, whoever the next mod is. This was just hilarious.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:00 AM   #1236
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'd like to be in the next round when we have it up and going again. I need more excuses to draw insane things!
Old 08-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #1237
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Ahem.

*puts on canon glasses*

Nogrod and Laurinque, while your artistry was quite commendable, I must remind you:

Elijah Wood does not equal Frodo Baggins. Even if that is the best way to get everyone else to recognize him.

I, for one, shall see this as a strike against us Brown-Eyed Frodo activists.

*removes canon glasses*

Now that I've got that off my chest: please sign me up for the next round!

Though I'll request that I be put on writing first so as I won't have scanner access for another fortnight...

If this gets organized quickly enough that that will matter...
Old 08-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #1238
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Boots

I don't seem to recall anyone wanting to Moderate this--the last few have been noble, but reluctant fill-ins. On the assumption that no one actually wants it, I'm willing to step in and handle the job. I'd also gladly step aside if anyone actually wants it--it has merely occurred to me that moderating Paper Telephone is a sight easier than moderating WW, and I could probably handle it.

So far, if I'm correct, we have...

Wilwa
Eönwë
Oddwen
dancing spawn of Ungoliant (SPAWN!!!)
A Little Green
Laurinquë
Mnemosyne

Anyone else I missed (further back in the thread)?

Anyone new?
Old 08-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #1239
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Me too!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #1240
Formendacil
Dead Serious

That brings us to eight, then. Thirteen seemed like a good size for the last PT, so I'm of a mind to leave us open until thereabouts, though if we don't fill up sooner, we can cut off shorter.

1.Wilwa
2.Eönwë
3.Oddwen
4.dancing spawn of Ungoliant (SPAWN!!!)
5.A Little Green
6.Laurinquë
7.Mnemosyne
8.TheGreatElvenWarrior