The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #4521
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Admin thread for my game, War of the Wolves, will be up ASAP*. Kthanx.

*read, as soon as I can badger Hakon into writing up a draft of the rules.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #4522
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
War of the Wolves
Sounds promising! *joins the stalkers*
Old 03-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #4523
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
After riding out my self-enforced one-game break, I think I'll get in on the next one.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #4524
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Heh. Kit would know.
There I was, pretty much all, but gone from the Downs for about two months. And then one night, like a beacon in a fog I felt the call. THE CALL TO WEREWOLF! And here I am, back again.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:40 PM   #4525
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
There I was, pretty much all, but gone from the Downs for about two months. And then one night, like a beacon in a fog I felt the call. THE CALL TO WEREWOLF! And here I am, back again.
I totally read bacon in a fog....erm, yeah.

And oooo! I'm eager to join, Lottie dear!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #4526
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

Current mod list is

**Lottie/Hakon**
Alona
Shasta
Nerwen
Glirdan
Wilwa

I just had a stroke of inspiration and I'd like to mod some day. Just indicating interest here, no point adding more names to the list - besides, I would have to mod before mid-June (which looks unlikely given the length of the current list) or then it will go to the autumn. To those interested, I am thinking of a nice back to the basics game...

Speaking of which, I hope that some of the near future mods are thinking of nice and simple basic games too.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #4527
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
To those interested, I am thinking of a nice back to the basics game...
A break from the crazy rules arms race? And (dare I hope it?) with a nice rather smallish cast - say, around 12? Sign me up for that anytime!
Old 03-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #4528
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
A break from the crazy rules arms race? And (dare I hope it?) with a nice rather smallish cast - say, around 12? Sign me up for that anytime!
Definitely a break from that. And I can't promise a small cast because I won't limit the amount of players, but I will try to start when I have 12-15 players and not recruit any more.

And I'm not taking any sign ups until I have an admin thread. I guess it will be quite a time until the modding turn comes to me, and besides I would let first-time mods go before me since I have already modded 2½ games in the past...

But as a hint to all future mods, there is interest in basic sort of games in the air. *nudge nudge* Besides they require much less planning and inspiration from the mod him/herself.

PS. I would like to see somebody modding Dueling Wizards III in early June... Anybody agreeing?
Old 03-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #4529
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Definitely a break from that. And I can't promise a small cast because I won't limit the amount of players, but I will try to start when I have 12-15 players and not recruit any more.

And I'm not taking any sign ups until I have an admin thread. I guess it will be quite a time until the modding turn comes to me, and besides I would let first-time mods go before me since I have already modded 2½ games in the past...

But as a hint to all future mods, there is interest in basic sort of games in the air. *nudge nudge* Besides they require much less planning and inspiration from the mod him/herself.

PS. I would like to see somebody modding Dueling Wizards III in early June... Anybody agreeing?
Obviously not me, as I just modded. But I agree, 'cause I want another DW!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #4530
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

My game will be fairly simple when my turn comes around, and it should be fairly easy for people to guess what my theme might end up being *waggles eyebrows in direction of sig, avvie and location*, unless I decide to do a sequel to my last...still not sure. Either way, it won't be too crazy!

Oh, and I've never played a Dueling Wizards game, so I would love if someone decided to mod one!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #4531
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
My game will be fairly simple when my turn comes around, and it should be fairly easy for people to guess what my theme might end up being *waggles eyebrows in direction of sig, avvie and location*, unless I decide to do a sequel to my last...still not sure. Either way, it won't be too crazy!
Heh. Your last game was tremendous. Had it not been so enjoyable I might not have stuck with the WWing.
I find myself more and more thinking I'd like to try my hand at modding one. As soon as I can come up with something good, I think I'll see about getting on the list.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #4532
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Heh. Your last game was tremendous. Had it not been so enjoyable I might not have stuck with the WWing.
Aww, thanks! I love modding, so it's so great to hear you liked it! And being a wolf helped you out a lot, since it seems by my track record as a mod that wolves always win my games, haha.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #4533
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Wilwa presign me up!
Old 03-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #4534
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

The list:

Alona
Wilwa
Glirdan
Shasta
Nerwen

That's just in order of when people asked, not necessarily the order it should be happening. Basically it's pretty up in the air. Though Alona should get first dibs if she's ready to go, cause she's been on there forever.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:18 AM   #4535
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

*raises hand*

Uhm, I'd be good to go next if everyone's cool with that. Cause I don't think Alona is around...
Old 04-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #4536
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Of course if anybody who keeps in touch with her would be able to contact her via Facebook/e-mail/phone/whatever it would be nice and clear...

But I have nothing against you going next, personally.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #4537
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

wintywinty has just left Hobbiton.
In

I wish to join this game.
wintywinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:20 AM   #4538
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Of course if anybody who keeps in touch with her would be able to contact her via Facebook/e-mail/phone/whatever it would be nice and clear...
I tried, but did not receive a response and it seems as though she hasn't been on Facebook for quite a few days.

So since there seems not to be any objections, I can have my admin thread up later today.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #4539
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Dang it! I saw the spam poster's username and was really hoping it wasn't a spammer. Imagine all the good meta-logic you could use on them in a game!

"But baddie is part of their name, for pity's sake. Vote for them!"

When's the next game up? *bounces*
Old 04-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #4540
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Well I can't do mine just yet, still need to do some background research and I don't quite have the time just now, so someone can jump ahead of me.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #4541
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Well I can't do mine just yet, still need to do some background research and I don't quite have the time just now, so someone can jump ahead of me.
Who does that put forward as next, then? Shasta, since alona's apparently not around at the moment?
Old 05-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #4542
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm fine with hosting next.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #4543
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I'm fine with hosting next.
Ooh! Ooh! *dances around the Downs* Sign me up!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:19 AM   #4544
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Dang it! I saw the spam poster's username and was really hoping it wasn't a spammer. Imagine all the good meta-logic you could use on them in a game!

"But baddie is part of their name, for pity's sake. Vote for them!"
Eh? Look who's talking!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #4545
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Okay, it's been a day and I see no objections, so... my Admin thread will be going up sometime tonight/tomorrow. BE ON THE LOOKOUT!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #4546
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
Sooooo uhhh. Is this where you sign up to mod a game?

Because I can totally get behind that. Shasta can verify I'm a reliable mod.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:18 AM   #4547
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

This is the right place, Paranoia. (Welcome to the 'downs, by the way!)

The current list is
Alona (has passed her turn on several times)
Glirdan (has passed his turn on once)
Nerwen
+ Lommy (wants to mod either before mid-July or then late August at the earliest)

so we can make it

Alona
Glirdan
Nerwen
Paranoia
+ Lommy the moving hazard
Any idea who's modding the next game? *pokes Alona, Glirdan and Nerwen with sticks*
Old 05-21-2010, 03:34 AM   #4548
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, I'm here. I don't know what's happened to Glirdan and Alona.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:51 AM   #4549
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I have a couple of ideas for a basic game. I'd like to give modding a try.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #4550
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Did you say basic game? *drools*

Err, sorry.

Updated modding list

Alona
Glirdan
Nerwen

Lommy (won't be able to mod until mid-August, feel free to skip until then)
Paranoia
Zil
Old 05-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #4551
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*pats Lommie's little head*

I think it's high time for the Finns to get here. *drools also*
Old 05-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #4552
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

*is scared*

*goes around the corner and prepares the allmighty werewolf-killer sword*

*runs at Sally waving the sword*

*flees at the sight of the chat skrewl*
Old 05-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #4553
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

*is scared*

*goes around the corner and prepares the allmighty werewolf-killer sword*

*runs at Sally waving the sword*

*flees at the sight of the chat skrewl*

HAHA! Not what I was going for, but all right then.

*pats skwerl's head* Good Dave, good boy. ^_^
Old 05-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #4554
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Glirdy's having one hectic time with school and other RL commitments at the moment and probably won't be able to do any Werewolf related activities till about mid-June so Nerwen may take Glirdy's place

Sorry for the third person...couldn't resist
Old 05-26-2010, 07:26 PM   #4555
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
So uh, who's hosting next? I'm just sort of curious right now.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #4556
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I think Nerwen's up next, if she's ready.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #4557
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I think Nerwen's up next, if she's ready.
I've got a few things to finish off, but I'll try and have the admin thread up in the next day or two.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #4558
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Oh, Nerwen's modding and I am not sure if I will be able to play! Well, if the timing is right, I might (is that supposed to rhyme?)... actually, if it takes more than a week and a few days to get people signed up and start, then surely...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #4559
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I think I can't play.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #4560
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I think I can't play.
I think you should anyway.

*hugs you*