Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2003, 06:01 PM   #81
Belin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
Sting

That's a good idea, Alak. We'll spy on you until then.

I've posted, and the hillmen should be getting ready for the meeting. When Wolf says he wants to talk to "everyone," he means Bear and Fletch (will Fletch need to be found? Would someone (perhaps Bear?)like to go search for him?) but not Calem or Kestrel. They won't be coming to the meeting, but feel free to post about what they're doing in the meantime. Tinuviel, please pm me if you'd like to talk about how to write Wolf in your conversation with him.

And I feel like I'm forgetting something but if I remember I'll edit it in later. So there.

--Belin Ibaimendi
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 09-16-2003, 06:16 PM   #82
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Belin: Nah, I don't think Fletch will need to be found, but he could run into Bear on his way back to the village or something if you like.

[ September 16, 2003: Message edited by: Arvedui III ]
Old 09-17-2003, 04:16 PM   #83
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

I may not be able to get online for a while because of Hurricane Isabel causing a blackout where I live... curse the nassty, filthy hurricaneses, we hates them, preciousss.

EDIT: False alarm. I am typing this on a laptop that has an Internet connection. So I will be able to get online after all. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ September 18, 2003: Message edited by: Meneltarmacil ]
Old 09-19-2003, 04:15 PM   #84
Dragon Elf odin Ragnorock
Animated Skeleton

Dragon Elf odin Ragnorock has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

meneltarmicil has lost power and his server is down on his lap-top so he will not be able to get on for a while

Disregard the post above this

[ September 19, 2003: Message edited by: Dragon Elf odin Ragnorock ]
Old 09-19-2003, 04:16 PM   #85
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

I'm sorry I'm not posting often. School, piano, and my school play are taking up a lot of time. I'm posting when I can, though!
Old 09-20-2003, 04:39 AM   #86
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Susan, did you ever respond to my pm? I don't think I got it if you did.

Also, exactly how many days have the villagers been at the lake? I don't want to mess us all up with a plot hole this early on.
Old 09-21-2003, 03:23 AM   #87
Osse
Shade of Carn Dűm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
Osse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As i told Belin, i will be away from the 23rd (US 22nd)(two days away!) for two weeks, is there anyone willing to post on my behalf? Please PM me if you are and i will discuss what should happen. Even if someone is just posting every week to keep Bear's character going that'd be champion.
Sorry to have to spring this on someone before i have even started posting properly, but Hockey has taken up 20 hours a week, after the completion of the nationals (from 21st to 7th) i will be free to post every day twice a day [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Please reply ASAP, or i may not be here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Thanks

P.S if noone is willing to take on the extra character for the two weeks, i don't mind, he'll just have to be patient-NOT one of Bear's strongpoints!

Cheers,
Osse

[ September 21, 2003: Message edited by: Osse ]
Old 09-21-2003, 01:54 PM   #88
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

I can post for him. Kestrel's stuck at the moment, because Belin hasn't replied to my stinkin' PM! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] So I'm free for now, and I can at least refer to him in my posts after that.

Belin, where in all of Middle-Earth are you!?!?

EDIT: Belin finally replied, so I will be making a post in the very near future. Like today. I will certainly mention Bear, if only in passing.

[ September 21, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Old 09-22-2003, 12:56 AM   #89
Osse
Shade of Carn Dűm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
Osse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I need some confirmation on how you guys see Bear and his position in the clan.

Bear leads by example, he has not got a very tactical mind-or his tactics fail after the running, screaming and chopping is finished. He cares not for diplomacy but is admired because he is athletic, strong and brave. He is naive and doesn’t really know how to look after the tribe except in battle. The day-to-day run of the mill governing would soon bore him and he’d go looking for more trouble. However, he is loyal to his friends and family, and would die for either of his brothers (but not just yet…still it’s a possibility). He doesn’t get on with Kestrel because he is everything that she wants to be and cannot. Bear looks the part. Wolf does not. Above all he is innocently naďve, he doesn’t know that the tribe is dividing on his account, he has simple thoughts about hunting, and if that means hunting the newcomers, then he’s in. Wolf respects Bears physical prowess and skill with the axe, and would not count him out of any scrap, but perhaps he’ll put him in a role where the tribes people won’t have to choose between the brothers.

I don’t mind if Bear gets wounded in the upcoming attack….hopefully I will be back before the Town Hall or whatever is completed, but please don’t kill him off, and please wait until I am back before starting any tribe splitting.

Cheers, See you in two weeks,
Osse
Old 09-22-2003, 12:18 PM   #90
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I am fianlly back online after 4 days. As Dragon Elf informed you above, my server had crashed and as a result I couldn't go online. I really missed you all!
Old 09-22-2003, 09:23 PM   #91
Carrűn
Wight

Carrűn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Should Alearindu and Awyrgan leave for the settlement soon?
Old 09-22-2003, 11:20 PM   #92
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dűm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I was writing as if they were already there and standing guard, etc. PM susan for more specific instructions, but you can feel free to write about interactions with the settlers, and maybe even the dwarves.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:18 AM   #93
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

Leader Ladies, is there any consensus on what day it is or do we just kinda write for whenever we feel like as long as is it sort-of in the right time frame?

Also, Martyr, anything forthcoming from the ranger leader or pm?
Old 09-23-2003, 05:18 AM   #94
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Ibai - any ideas, instructions as to the Hillmen and our futures? I sent a faintly querulous Pm a while back, but perhaps you did not receive it.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:53 AM   #95
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
I was writing as if they were already there and standing guard, etc.
That's what I thought too (read my last post) but you could have a flashback of them leaving for the settlement.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:13 AM   #96
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Kryssal, I imagined we were 3 days in and no one else has contradicted me. So the tree felling has been going on for two days and the hillmen have been watching us for that long. That gives us time to have had Calumdril scout around a bit and determine that we have scared away the game. I'm sorry I did not make that more clear or answer sooner.

Also, as a general note, excellent posting everyone! I am so proud of the game and how well the writing and story is fitting together. Keep up the great work.

[ September 23, 2003: Message edited by: The X Phial ]
Old 09-23-2003, 02:41 PM   #97
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
Silmaril

I swear I'm still around! ^_^'

But I also feel.. kinda-sorta-lost. I PMed Martyr a whileish ago, but I don't know if she got the PM.

So...according to all the posts I've been reading here; Carrűn and I should post as if our chracters are already in the settlement? Or possibly have one of us put together a 'flashback' type post for the both of us?
Old 09-23-2003, 07:13 PM   #98
Carrűn
Wight

Sting

Ok, I'll be adding a post within the next couple days about Awyrgan basically mulling around the settlement, probably feeling a bit "tied up." I might work a flashback in as well of leaving the ranger camp.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:04 AM   #99
Belin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Silmaril

No, Rim, I didn't get it, apologies. My box has been full, but I've now deleted some messages and with luck I should now be more contactable than previously.

My ideas for the hillmen are as follows:

Wolf, Bear, and Fletch will go to the meeting, where Wolf will explain precisely what it is that he wants of them. I probably won't be able to post until Friday or Saturday (after which I expect my posting habits to improve), but before I post it would be nice to have a pre-meeting post or so on the parts of those who are invited (I guess this is currently just Arvedui). As for Calem, it might be worthwhile to see him react to the meeting (if he knows about it), as we've seen Kestrel.

After the meeting, there will be an attack on the village, after which the settlers will begin building a wall, and probably also increasing tensions among the various factions of hillmen, increasing difficulty in finding food, some spying, and eventual encounters with actual settler types... I do not know anything more specific than that at the moment, although I could perhaps discuss and figure them out if necessary. Is this helpful at all?

Osse, thanks for the clarification on Bear.
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 09-24-2003, 11:17 AM   #100
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

CARRUN-- Read my last post on the RPG before you do anything.

[ September 24, 2003: Message edited by: Meneltarmacil ]
Old 09-25-2003, 07:28 PM   #101
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I am very, very sorry, but I really don't think I can do this. I don't have the time or the energy needed to participate in this game. I apologise to everyone, but especially Aero, Kryssal, Carrun, Meneltarmacil, and most especially X and Belin. I thought I could do it, but I was wrong. I'm very sorry.

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 09-25-2003, 08:18 PM   #102
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Hi Everyone-

We are very sorry to be losing Susan and her help with the game. I hope she will be feeling less stressed soon. The game will continue despite our loss. Belin, Bethberry, and I have already started discussing options for leadership of the Ranger section. We will have decisions for you by the end of the weekend.

In the meantime, hillmen, you should please still be posting about getting ready for the meeting with Wolf. Belin will be posting some ideas later about that. Settlers and rangers, let's hang back for the moment, though the two rangers in the camp can feel free to post their flashback sequence. Remember that the settlers and rangers are allies, but not entirely comfortable with each other. Dwarves, you've done a great job and we will get back to you guys soon. Maybe you could wander a bit and critisize the way the rangers build their meeting hall...offer suggestions, that type of thing.

Okay, so, I think that is everyone for the moment. Thanks to all for your patience.

[ September 25, 2003: Message edited by: The X Phial ]
Old 09-25-2003, 11:22 PM   #103
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Map of Evendim Settlement
Old 09-26-2003, 12:04 AM   #104
Belin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Silmaril

REVISED--PLEASE READ

We are engineering the death of Thorgil now. Of course, we as hillmen will be responsible even if we aren't.

Reactions to this will be suitably positive, although there will be no wild parties, I think. The Hillmen will take hope from the Rangers' unexpected loss and will imagine them to be in some confusion as to their leadership.

Other plans will proceed as stated above. I need a Fletch post on the way to the meeting before I post the meeting itself, please. Arvedui, if you'd like Fletch to meet Bear on the way, that would work very well.

Thanks, everyone.

[ September 28, 2003: Message edited by: Belin ]
Old 09-26-2003, 03:45 AM   #105
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

I have a quick question about the map - where is Kaben's store? Was it the goods store next to the jail or will he be setting up somewhere else?
Old 09-26-2003, 03:37 PM   #106
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Kryssal - Your decision, though I had envisioned him in the Trading post, which would put him near both the market square and the housing. He would also own one of the warehouses.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:19 PM   #107
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

I can take the post ^-^ I was just wondering if you guys already had it set out. Oh, and Kaben likes the warehouse [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2003, 12:52 AM   #108
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I meant the Trading Post to be Kaben's store, yes.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:58 PM   #109
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Hi everyone - Good posting this weekend. Some plot points to consider:
The settlers will begin working on their wall and town hall "tomorrow" in game time. There is no need to post about the morning meeting, because it will just be to announce that this work will begin and where, but feel free to do so if you so wish.

There are wolves in the area, they may become an issue in the near future. Any sightings or signs of wolves is encouraged in your postings, though they should not attack yet.

In the near future there will likely be a hunting contest between the settlers and the rangers, though this will probably occur after the first attack by the hillmen.

Thorgil will not be staying in the game. His death is being arranged. This will likely throw the rangers into a bit of confusion, but we have arranged for a new leader to emmerge from the tragedy.

After the hunting contest, expect the rangers and Calumdril to go hunting for the hillmen.

I hope everything is clear. Tomorrow we will announce the new leader of the rangers in the discussion thread, so keep your eyes peeled. Please do ask any questions you may have and make suggestions, as needed. Thanks to everyone for their patience, once again.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:46 AM   #110
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Belin: I posted. Sorry about the delay.

My computer's finally given up on me. I hate to ask this of you, but the stubborn laptop is going into the shop today, and my posting powers will be limited for a little less than a week. Sorry. If anything important happens, could you just mention Fletch in your posts, or if someone would be willing to play Fletch until I get the problem fixed, I would be enternally grateful.
Thanks, and sorry about this,
Arvedui
Old 09-29-2003, 06:11 PM   #111
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

Hallo players. I will be taking over for Susan as the co-owner and leader of the Rangers, along with my chara Tane. I'm excited and I'll do my best! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2003, 04:29 PM   #112
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Congratulations, Kryssal!

I'm just waiting to see if my fellow Dwarves want to post a wee bit...
Old 09-30-2003, 08:03 PM   #113
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
Thorgil will not be staying in the game. His death is being arranged. This will likely throw the rangers into a bit of confusion, but we have arranged for a new leader to emmerge from the tragedy.
Am I correct in assuming that Kryssal will only be making decisions as to what the Rangers will do (kind of like a moderator) and playing Thorgil up until his death, but somebody else's character can become the new leader afterward if they so desire? (but not the co-owner) Not to sound like I'm being too ambitious or anything here, but Thoronmir is the next oldest to Thorgil (56, while the other three Rangers are all in their 30s, putting him a good 20 years ahead of them) and has the most combat experience (he participated in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields). Speaking strictly from the character's point of view, he would be a good choice. Again, I am strictly speaking from the character's point of view that, and I am not trying to be too ambitious. I'm not rying to make decisions for the Rangers (Kryssal would still do that) but just "making suggestions, as needed".

EDIT: To sum things up, Thoronmir would be the in-game leader of the Rangers, while Kryssal would be the out-of-game co-owner and would make decisions about what the Rangers would do.

[ September 30, 2003: Message edited by: Meneltarmacil ]
Old 09-30-2003, 08:39 PM   #114
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

While I understand your position, it is easier if Kryssal and her character are both in charge.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:07 AM   #115
Belin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Silmaril

It might be interesting to have some conflict over that in the game though, if Kryssal thinks that's a good idea. It would at least explain how, as you pointed out, a much younger Ranger has ended up in charge.

[ October 01, 2003: Message edited by: Belin ]
Old 10-01-2003, 03:31 PM   #116
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I have an idea how it might work. Maybe my character could get captured by the Hillmen when Thorgil dies and not become leader until he is rescued, which would not be until the game is pretty much over. Though I do particularily like the "conflict over leadership" idea, as it would make for some interesting character development. Whatever you decide, it's OK with me, just as long as it seems reasonable game-wise.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:36 PM   #117
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

If I might step in here as the Rohan Moderator and not as a fellow gamer ...

This is a game with, essentially, three subplots, all heading towards one final resolution. It is thus a complex game with lots of tension and conflict already built into it. The trick is to run it so that these three subplots do come together.

It does not need a sub-subplot, in other words, especially one which does not further the overall direction of the plot.

Menel, your character can indeed reflect upon what it means when a younger person advances above him--that is one of the hard facts of aging--but anything more would splinter the game's focus.

Bęthberry
Old 10-02-2003, 05:48 PM   #118
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

It would be simpler all around if my chara would take over the job of leading the Rangers. It is true that normally he would not be the first choice, yet we have already mentioned that he was second in command. Perhaps he was chosen by Thorgil for his leadership abilities over other Rangers.

On the point of your character getting kidnapped, Mene, I've consulted with Ibai and she confirms that the hillmen would take no prisoners, they would simply kill all villagers or Rangers they encountered.

I hope this clears up some things.

~Kryss

P.S. Mene, if you would clear some room in your pm box, I could respond to your pm. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:56 AM   #119
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Hmm, it's been a long while since anyone posted. I know we are waiting on a death scene, but in the meantime settlers can be buiding a town hall, dwarves can help with the building or criticise the process, either way, rangers can brood about babysitting the settlement, post about the new difficulty finding game, talk about their fears over new activities of the hillmen, etc, and hillmen can be spying on the activities of the settlement or readying themselves for a fight. There is a lot to do, let's please keep the story moving.

Thanks all.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:42 AM   #120
Carrűn
Wight

Sting

I filled in my save, hope it fits ok.