The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2005, 04:05 AM   #161
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Why would an innocent villager want to vote someone who's just not so active? Shouldn't suspected werewolves be the priority?
Being inactive without reason often leads to suspicion. It makes people think you have something to hide. Yes, suspected werewolves are the priority but that doesn't mean we should shun off everybody else.

As for my part I did find you guilty at one point and after the lynching of Bergil you were one of my last 3 suspects. But after recent developments I'm pretty certain its Gurthang and Malka.

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 10-06-2005 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Messed up the coding
Sleepy Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:56 AM   #162
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
is the plan that we lynch malka (who you seem certain of, and your logic impresses me) and I dream of Gurthang just to be certain? As I said before, I'm still not certain on Sleepy, but if you truly think he's innocent, I won't waste the dream
I'm not 100% sure.

It seems like most everyone is pretty sure of Malkatoj & Gurthang. I was thinking lynch malka, you dream of gurthang &, if he is the last wolf & decides to kill me just out of spite, you could reveal your dream. If he kills you so that you can't reveal for sure than we would go ahead & lynch him on the evidence.

Now, I'm wondering if we shouldn't lynch Gurthang first. I'm am more sure of malka's guilt (in fact, I've never been more sure in this village) than his & would love to find out for sure if he's just blowing smoke here or if he really is an innocent (<---unlikley, in my mind). Should we lynch Gurthang today, knowing that even if he somehow turns out innocent we can always fall back on malkatoj the next day? I'm beginning to like the sound of that more & more...

Posted by malkatoj:
Quote:
With all the evidence pointing in OUR directions, I think it leaves US with no choice but to do a whole bunch of insane stuff during the day and hope for a really sweet death.
Posted by Gurthang:
Quote:
malkatoj: please don't talk about me. Hopefully, we will lynch you toDay. When you are proven a wolf, I would like to not have you connected to me.
I agree with SR on this one. It sounds like on one hand malka is trying to ask him if they should just give up while Gurthang is still trying to save face by appearing innocent when malka is proven guilty.

Personally, I'd still like to hear from Rune, Eonwe, Hiriel, & Jack on this...although I am glad to see that Thinlomien has been around.

edit: by the way, Fea, I'd rather not reveal my protectees just yet, there's somewhat of a pattern that could be found in them.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 10-06-2005 at 07:09 AM. Reason: spelling, what else?
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:18 AM   #163
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
First i am sorry about all of the He/She mix-up.

The reason i considert voting for Thinlómien was that i was not sure who was a wolf and since you did not post (much) or vote i could not se any use in having you around.

People say that no wolf would ever act like you did, but i am not so sure.
(No one suspected you, so for a wolf it would have been perfect)

Given the recent events i have now changed my mind about voting for you. I will proberbly vote Malkatoj witch i have been a bit suspisius about.

I thought before that Gurthang was innocent, but it seems like i will have to reconsider. (I will read Gurthangs posts before making up my mind)

Damn this town and its different time-zones ! I will not be posting after 6

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 10-06-2005 at 07:22 AM.
Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:26 AM   #164
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
Being inactive without reason often leads to suspicion. It makes people think you have something to hide. Yes, suspected werewolves are the priority but that doesn't mean we should shun off everybody else.
As for my part I did find you guilty at one point and after the lynching of Bergil you were one of my last 3 suspects. But after recent developments I'm pretty certain its Gurthang and Malka.
I understand that being unactive creates suspicions, but I just got the picture that Rune was as much annoyed to my absencies as suspicious.

TORE, could you explain your reasons to lynch Gurthang first? I'm afraid I failed to see the point in there.

I, also, will be posting my vote soon, so I'd like to hear opinions...

Quote:
First i am sorry about all of the He/She mix-up.
That's okay.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 10-06-2005 at 07:27 AM. Reason: little writing mistakes
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:47 AM   #165
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
TORE, could you explain your reasons to lynch Gurthang first? I'm afraid I failed to see the point in there.
Sure. I think we should go ahead & lynch Gurthang today. Even if Gurthang should somehow prove to be innocent, we can always lynch malkatoj tommorrow & know that we have a wolf. I'm more interested in finding out for sure about Gurthang today.

And besides, saying that Gurthang turns out innocent (<---very unlikely), we would have all NIGHT, all of the next DAY (since we already know who we're going to lynch [malk]), all of the next NIGHT, & then all of the next DAY to try to pinpoint the final wolf. Whereas if we lynch malk today & then find out that Gurthang is innocent the next day, we have only one NIGHT & one DAY to figure things out.

Hope that makes sense.

I'd appreciate any early voters casting their votes for Gurthang. Should we decide to change our minds we'll have enough votes left to lynch malk, but I don't think we'll be switching.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 10-06-2005 at 07:48 AM. Reason: needed more of those darned commas :P
Old 10-06-2005, 07:54 AM   #166
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I agree with TORE about Gurthang. Looking back, I don't like a lot of what he's said. I'd link and quote, but I have a class to be at in about 3 minutes, and it seems pointless to paraphrase TORE when I can so easily say "ditto". My plan as of now:

lynch Gurthang today, lynch malka tomorrow. If those fail, try Sleepy. If we're lynching Gurthang today than I think that I should dream about malka, just to be certain, even if I die. There's always that chance, yeah? *mutters about stupid wolves*

I'll post more after class/shower/lunch.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:00 AM   #167
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Real Estel
Sure. I think we should go ahead & lynch Gurthang today. Even if Gurthang should somehow prove to be innocent, we can always lynch malkatoj tommorrow & know that we have a wolf. I'm more interested in finding out for sure about Gurthang today.

And besides, saying that Gurthang turns out innocent (<---very unlikely), we would have all NIGHT, all of the next DAY (since we already know who we're going to lynch [malk]), all of the next NIGHT, & then all of the next DAY to try to pinpoint the final wolf. Whereas if we lynch malk today & then find out that Gurthang is innocent the next day, we have only one NIGHT & one DAY to figure things out.

Hope that makes sense.
Yes, it makes sense. I thought you must have a point there.

And for voting Gurthang, I'll probably do so, if I don't get any last-minute ideas - which is very unprobable. (And if I get, I'll share them with you before voting, so don't worry.)
Old 10-06-2005, 08:42 AM   #168
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

White-Hand

I'm now leaving and thus voting. Since I suspect both Gurthang and malkatoj, but TORE recommends voting Gurthang and I think it makes sense and because I think we all innocent villagers must work together I vote ++Gurthang.
My apologies to Gurthang, if he's innocent.

P.S. Yahey! I voted! This is going to be better!
P.P.S. "See" you all on Saturday! (Or, at least, it's Saturday to me, what is the next Day period for you living in a strange time zone, I don't know.)
Old 10-06-2005, 08:47 AM   #169
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

well well well. very nicely done TORE; good pick!

things are looking up for us, i say. one done two to go and two likely suspects. if im not mistaken, we should have quite a few proven innocents, what with three seer dreams, a ranger pick, the ranger, the seer and the hunter. that would make things considerablely easier.

as for me, i don't quite know what to think of malk or gurthang. my innicial reaction is gurthang is innocent, but i haven't really researched either one. that is what i will be spending my time doing (instead of calculus homework ). it would seem that both the ranger and the seer council us to vote gurthang. if that is the consensus, that is what i will prolly do, assuming my research turns up what their's did.

all in all, i would say we are doing very, very well. we have plenty of time (if we use it correctly) and will end up with quite a few proven innocents near the end. we should be able to narrow our search considerablely pretty soon.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:51 AM   #170
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
You know, it’s kind of sad that the Seer had to uncover both herself and the Ranger. Whatever hopes we had of either of them surviving much longer has just gotten slimmer about 90%, at least.

Gurthang, I don’t know where you get your reasoning from. I’m an innocent bystander and have only acted thus. No inward gifts or anything. I’ve followed false leads, and made false guesses, but you’ll have to allow that of everybody here, besides the wolves.

Quote:
Gurthang:
So that leaves Jack and malkatoj as wolves. Look at their votes. Malkatoj's brings Sleepy up to a tie with Bergil, and Jack's looks suspiciously like a late 'I'll vote for a fellow wolf now that he's in the noose' vote. I'm thinking malkatoj will end up getting my vote toDay, and [B]Jack/B] tomorrow.
TOREstel has brought all his evidence into play before Gurthang posted this. The evidence that TORE lays out is pretty much irrevocable. Therefore, Gurthang is probably willing to sacrifice Malk in order to escape suspicion himself. (Not like it’s done him any good.) If we lynch Malk today and she’s guilty, he’ll be able to say ‘I told you so’ tomorrow.

As for my name being there...well, maybe I’m an easy target. No one seems to like or dislike me in this game. My arguments can be used for or against me. I’m neither silent, nor overly talkative (too much). I’m not experienced, so my arguments and suspicions have holes in them. And, lastly, I’m a completely regular villager, therefore I have no way to know for certain who’s a wolf and who’s not (except for TORE and Fea, now), so if my accusations prove wrong, everything I said about it can be piled back on top of my head.

But, really, I voted for Bergil the other evening because of an earlier suspicion of mine, and because re-reading what people said previous to the voting, I found more evidence against him than Sleepy.

On Malk’s case...

Following quotes by malkatoj
Quote:
TORE, in my defense, I was under the impression that Bergil was just an idiot. 'Wolf' and 'Idiot' do not necessarily go together, so I didn't want to vote for him until I had more evidence. My apologies.
Quote:
All I can say is that it looks like a setup. Bergil probably realized that he'd die fairly soon (due to his stupidity?) so chose someone to 'focus' on. He may be smart indeed, to come up with such a plot, unless he was told to by the other wolves. He voiced suspicion of me on the FIRST DAY. That day, he latched himself onto me and Fea, probably thinking that if he gets killed, you guys would think of the two of us as wolves. Honestly, I ignored him because he sounded dumb. The second day he didn't say much at all, except for what you quoted--
My dear, not only is it rather rude of you to call Bergil stupid and dumb more than once, but I also have to bring to your attention, that generally, villagers want smart people around. Sleepy Ranger isn’t dumb, and he talks more than Bergil did. And as for your ‘He may be smart indeed, to come up with such a plot, unless he was told to by the other wolves’, well, that’s plausible. Perhaps you did know that he’d by dying fairly soon (due to your perception of his stupidity), and you did tell him to latch onto you. But I highly doubt that. I should rather think that you didn’t tell him to, but he did because he’s still a novice at this game and wanted to follow someone’s lead in it. Maybe you told him to latch onto Fea, but at the same time, he also attached himself to you.

Quote:
I know! I feel the same way. With all the evidence pointing in our directions, I think it leaves us with no choice but to do a whole bunch of insane stuff during the day and hope for a really sweet death.
An innocent may be able to defend him or herself because he is innocent, but I think a wolf may be more willing to stop fighting and hold still during the discussions, perhaps in hopes of making people think that he’s innocent because he doesn’t carry on and on about it. However, if I was in that place, being accuses as Malk and Gurthang are being accused today, I would fight hammer and tongs to stay alive. It’s human nature. Maybe not Werewolf nature, though...

Quote:
Now, we know that Feanor, TORE, and Hiriel are innocent. The wolves will obviously kill Fea tonight, TOREstel tomorrow night, and Hiriel the next. We have a pretty definite path that the wolves are forced down. If they don't do what I just said, it will mean leaving known innocents alive, something they probably won't do.
Gurthang, it’s a really, super bad idea to tell wolves what to do when it’s going to destroy the village.

Those are just some random thoughts I came up with...for now, I've got to start the day's work. Do what you can with them. I may or may not have more to write later. Ask any questions.

Ah, and TORE, you're right. It may be better to lycnh Gurthang today.

--Jack
Old 10-06-2005, 08:59 AM   #171
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Everything you say can and will...

It's really funny how everything I say is just twisted to make me look more like a wolf. Well . If you're so set on killing me, then do it, stop talking about it, and figure out who the other wolf is (besides malkatoj).

(Here comes another oppurtunity for you to make me sound like a wolf, Estel. --->) Does anyone think the Hunter should come out also? It would take one more person out of the picture to possibly lynch, and the Hunter probably won't die until four nights from now. (See #147) This means he wouldn't have a chance to hunt until then anyway.

Oh, listen to Estel and Fea, they know mostly what they are talking about. They are only wrong about me.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:04 AM   #172
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe votes: Gurthang- 1

Interesting thoughts, all. Glad to see everyone is about & not just seconding what I've said (except for Fea, because of time constraints) but actually posting their thoughts and quotes and takes, etc.

Once again, I'm going to post thoughts on the villagers:

Eonwe- Innocent, it comes back to her breaking the Bergil/SR tie

Fea- Seer

Folwren- Most likely innocent

Gurthang- Most likely guilty

Hiriel- Innocent, it comes back to her shedding suspicion on Bergil when few others had

Malkatoj- Guilty in my humble yet firm opinion

Rune- Innocent by all accounts from what I can tell

Sleepy R- Most likely innocent

Thinlomien- Most likely innocent

TORE- Ranger

That leaves really only Gurthang, Jack, & Thin as possibly wolves. I think Thin is very unlikely. I'm wondering, Fea, did you dream of Jack (Folwren on NIGHT one? Because if you did (& you already said you didn't find a wolf) that would narrow the list down even more...although I'm not expecting you to be able to answer for awhile.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:11 AM   #173
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
It's really funny how everything I say is just twisted to make me look more like a wolf
But if you are a wolf trying to sound innocent than it has to be put into perspective - if we let your innocent-sounding comments go unchecked you'll start messing with a lot of heads because you're a good talker.

I don't think the Hunter should come out, Gurthang, though I don't think it's too wolfish of a question.

Just so long as you know, Hunter, not to pick either Fea, me, or Hiriel tonight...but I'm sure that goes without saying. I suppose it's really up to you on coming out; I think it's unnecessary but I'm not in charge of you.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:12 AM   #174
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack(Folwren)
However, if I was in that place, being accuses as Malk and Gurthang are being accused today, I would fight hammer and tongs to stay alive.
And to what end? Everything just puts me more into everyone's bad graces, so I'm concentrating on saving the village rather than myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack(Folwren)
Gurthang, it’s a really, super bad idea to tell wolves what to do when it’s going to destroy the village.
?!?!?!?

Jack is wolf #3. Just read his post. Kill him after malkatoj.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:21 AM   #175
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

When you're lynched today, Gurthang, we'll look into it. Obviously, if you're a wolf we'll finish up with malkatoj later, if you're not we'll lynch malkatoj & then pay a visit to Jack.

To humour you I'll go over Jack's posts since it is of course a possibility that once malkatoj knew the jig was up she started dropping very unsubtle hints (like the quote I touched on in post #162).

Although I'd like to see you make a longish case for Jack if possible, Gurthang. Put every scrap of evidence you have in it & we'll give it a visit.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:38 AM   #176
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe vote analysis

Vote Analysis:
----------------
Here's what I think of all the votes that have been cast so far:

-------------DAY ONE-------------
*NOTE: TWO VOTES WERE CAST AFTER THE DEADLINE AND CON-SEQUENTLY DELETED*

Bergil- Fea- Rather suspicious as she really hadn't done anything other than be herself

Eonwe- Thin- A little suspicious because it looks like she's being non-comittal be voting for someone random, but Thin hadn't appeared all day

Fea- Fea- Very Fea-like

Folwren- None- Doesn't vote at all. If Gurthang is right & Jack is a wolf this would be a good strategy for a wolf. Don't vote on the first day so you have no trail but give everyone plenty of warning so it's just generally accept the next DAY.

Kitanna- None- I believe she cast a vote late...

Gurthang- Kitanna- Not much logic behind this, basically he was afraid she was a wolf trying to tie herself to him by defending him but he voted late enough that he wouldn't leave a trail (she wasn't going to get enough votes to get lynched)

Hiriel- Wayne- Not to suspicious

Malkatoj- Wayne- Somewhat suspicious reasoning

Rune- None- Time mistake

Sleepy R- None- ?

Thinlomien- None- Not around to vote, somewhat suspicious

TORE- Eonwe- A mostly random vote, not wanting to be responsible for breaking the tie but not feeling Wayne was suspicious enough for my vote

Wayne- Gurthang- Early vote on the basis that Guthang hadn't showed
-------------------------------------------
----------DAY TWO---------------

Bergil- SR- A vote to save his own wolfish skin

Eonwe- Bergil- Voted when she could've saved her counterpart, therefore unlikely to be wolven

Fea- SR- Voted early with who she thought was most suspicious

Folwren- Bergil- Last to vote, did vote when it was nearly impossible to save Bergil, so Gurthang may have a point

Gurthang- SR- Said he found SR the most guilty looking of the two...could've been voting this way to save his brother-in-murder's fur

Hiriel- Bergil- Voted for Bergil rather early on, likely to be innocent because she drew more attention to him

Malkatoj- SR- Voting to save Bergil

Rune- Bergil- Good vote as it got our lynching episode back on track, definitly unlikely to be a wolf as I believe SR had one more vote than Bergil when he voted

Sleepy R- Bergil- Voting to save himself of course, which is understandable

Thinlomien- None- A bit suspicious to not vote two days in a row, but it's unlikely a wolf would allow such a thing to happen

TORE- Bergil- Found him more suspicious for more concrete reasons that I found SR
---------------------------------------
---------DAY THREE-------

Eonwe-

Fea-

Folwren-

Gurthang-

Hiriel-

Malkatoj-

Rune-

Sleepy R-

Thinlomien- Gurthang

TORE-
--------------------------------------

So the most suspicious voters so far would probably be Jack and then Gurthang. For what it's worth.

I would really like to see your case, Gurthang, as I am looking into your accusation. Intreaguing to say the least...
Old 10-06-2005, 10:20 AM   #177
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally posted by Gurthang:
And to what end? Everything just puts me more into everyone's bad graces, so I'm concentrating on saving the village rather than myself.
In the hope to live!! Gurthang, you're as good as dead now, so anything you say can't really make your situation any worse! You're at the bottom. If you were really innocent you would try to find your way back out again. If nothing you say can make your situation worse than it is, there's no harm in trying!

But you're not trying. You're sitting around and feeling sorry for yourself and making it a public fact so that maybe it'll trick all of us poor, witless villagers.

Quote:
Originally posted by TOREstel:
I would really like to see your case, Gurthang, as I am looking into your accusation. Intreaguing to say the least...
I would like to see it, too, actually. Please make it earlier in the day, so that I'll have a chance to defend/explain myself. The accusation is intriguing. I marvel at how much trouble a simple, ordinary, and confused villager can get himself into. I work with horses, y'know? They don't argue too much like this...certainly don't sharpen my wits as much as you people do.

-- Jack
Old 10-06-2005, 10:28 AM   #178
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Sleepy R- Bergil- Voting to save himself of course, which is understandable
No, I was the first person to vote that day.... I didn't vote to save my skin. I voted because he seemed most suspicious at that time. As for today I had already decided my vote would go to Gurthang before the day started but I'll wait for a while before voting.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:36 AM   #179
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe to: folwren

Well, making peach cobblers all day isn't exactly what I'd call 'wit sharpening' either, but...

Folwren, I would like to ask you a question & how you answer it will tell me a great deal:

Yesterday, you voted Bergil. That could be an innocent voting for the person that's is most guilty in his eyes or it could be you tacking on a late vote when Bergil couldn't be saved to make you look good. You said this:

Quote:
This may be the tie breaker...
You could have been cross-posting with Eonwe so that you genuinely thought the tie breaker was up to you. Or you could have been referring to the fact that Thin could be voting anytime (possibly for SR) so your vote could be the difference. Which is it? Answer carefully & truthfully because it's a big point in my mind...

edit: I can't wait to see Fea's take on the whole Folwren/Gurthang situation since she's now out & about. Also, I'm hoping she'll tell us whether she dreamed of Folwren or not...

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 10-06-2005 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:30 AM   #180
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
edit: I can't wait to see Fea's take on the whole Folwren/Gurthang situation since she's now out & about. Also, I'm hoping she'll tell us whether she dreamed of Folwren or not...

I didn't dream of Jack, sadly. I hadn't picked up anything that made me nervous enough to check. Which, if you look at it that way, is a decent sign in itself. If I, the great Fea, do not much suspect you, surely you're innocent.

My take on a Folwren/Gurthang duo... sketchy at best. But... I want to see firmer statements from both sides before I comment more. And now... I've actually got to go to another class. But this one's art. Yay.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:44 AM   #181
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Golly, I feel like I did when I was being questioned in a mafia game. Well, this time, I could actually look you in the eye without a moment's hesitation.

Quote:
Originally asked by TOREstel:
You could have been cross-posting with Eonwe so that you genuinely thought the tie breaker was up to you. Or you could have been referring to the fact that Thin could be voting anytime (possibly for SR) so your vote could be the difference. Which is it? Answer carefully & truthfully because it's a big point in my mind...
The honest and complete truth is that I thought when I cast my vote and wrote that post that my vote would be the tie breaker. I cross-posted with Eonwe.

Could you tell me why it's such a big point in your mind?

--Jack
Old 10-06-2005, 01:09 PM   #182
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
1420! Vote!

Well, reading over the conversation toDay has been very enlightening. TORE , your post in which you explained your suspicion of Gurthang convinced me almost completely, as most of the logic follows extremely well. Gurthang's later post, where he requested that I don't mention him, really sealed it.

I don't know when I'll be able to get on again, so:

++Gurthang
Old 10-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #183
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

++ GURTHANG.

For reasons that should be plain by now. I trust TORE's judgement because A) I know he's innocent and B) he's got great logic, observation skills, intuition, and he just catches on really fast. I trust my own judgement, since... well... I'm me. And that means that I'm always right. Since the two judgements meshed so well, I'm going to go with it. I wish I knew for absolute certain of Gurthang and malka's respective guilts, but such is life. At least you guys know to trust in the innocence of me, TORE, and Hiriel. If Gurthang isn't a wolf... Saturday try for Malka.

I've had another thought... maybe it's not so bad that I'm going to die tonight. After all, I'm not going to be around this weekend. Since I'll have very limited internet access (as far as I know, remember) from 1:00 PM tomorrow until late afternoon on Sunday, even if the wolves were to stupidly decide that I'm bluffing and try to kill somebody else, I'd be sitting happy on information on just who yet another person is. I promise y'all that if I don't die tonight, I'll find a way to get to a computer and share the wealth. Even if it means being late to a wedding reception.

Wish me good weekend, darlings. I've got work to do in order to guiltlessly miss class on Saturday. I'll check in later if I can.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:34 PM   #184
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
well i have read it all through some times know and i belive i finally understands all the things that TORE thought he saw, frome the start. After looking at this i started to read all of Gurthangs posts (keeping what TORE said in mind) and i must say it makes sence allthoug Malkatoj is still my main suspect.
Jack is a person i just cannot figure out. . .

and if non of the above mentioned is a wolf, well then we do not deserve to win.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:57 PM   #185
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Gurthang, you're as good as dead now, so anything you say can't really make your situation any worse! You're at the bottom. If you were really innocent you would try to find your way back out again. If nothing you say can make your situation worse than it is, there's no harm in trying!

But you're not trying. You're sitting around and feeling sorry for yourself and making it a public fact so that maybe it'll trick all of us poor, witless villagers.
I think you are missing the point. Even if I could convince people of my innocence, some would still doubt me. If I survived tomorrow, it would just cause more confusion. So I am 'taking one for the team' and dying toDay. This will prove my innocence, and show everyone that everything I say is true. After that, the village will kill malkatoj and you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
++ GURTHANG.

For reasons that should be plain by now. I trust TORE's judgement because A) I know he's innocent and B) he's got great logic, observation skills, intuition, and he just catches on really fast. I trust my own judgement, since... well... I'm me. And that means that I'm always right. Since the two judgements meshed so well, I'm going to go with it.
I expect an apology later, since you ARE wrong.

And as far as making a case against Jack, I may have time later, but I'm pretty busy now.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:01 PM   #186
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
So I am 'taking one for the team' and dying toDay.
Malka voted for you...hmmm, which team are you taking it for?
Seeing how Malka voted for you something tells me you're taking it for the wolves. Hmmm....
Old 10-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #187
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe Votes: Gurthang-3

Posted by "Jack":
Quote:
The honest and complete truth is that I thought when I cast my vote and wrote that post that my vote would be the tie breaker. I cross-posted with Eonwe.
Because there is a world of difference in breaking a tie between a wolf & a presumed innocent so that the wolf gets hung & tacking on a last-second vote to an already doomed wolf. The first would take some guts from a wolf point of view, the second would be the easiest desicion in the world for the wolf.

Posted by Rune:
Quote:
i must say it makes sence allthoug Malkatoj is still my main suspect
Good, then we are on the same page. Although Gurthang conceivably could be telling the truth (could), the evidence is way to strong against malk. It just works out better to lynch Gurthang today.

Posted by Gurthang:
Quote:
I expect an apology later, since you ARE wrong.
That could be, however you are far too good a bluffer for me to let you off the hook now. Number one, the evidence is still extremely strong & when you second-guess evidence too much you really get in a mess. Number two, I still think you are just a wolf doing a good enough job of bluffing to make me wonder.

We've got three votes for Gurthang and 10 villagers. If we could get three more votes we could speed the process along by reaching a majority but I'm not sure if that will happen or not...
Old 10-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #188
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

um im thinking gurthang, as that is the accepted choice it seems. but as usually, i will prolly run out the clock, if nothing gets in the way. sorry, i havn't had much time to research/post today, so i don't really have any strong feelings either way, although malk is seeming a bit more suspicious in my opinion...

edit: cross posted with TORE

ps. if you weren't/aren't the ranger...
Old 10-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #189
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

I have fifteen minutes left before I will be too busy to post, so this will be short.

First, against Jack.

1. He didn't vote Day 1.
2. Day 2 he voted late for an already doomed wolf. (to ease suspicion)
3. He seemed to jump pretty high when I first accused him.
4. See post #147 for my process of elimination.
5. He seems very against me being OK with dying. A wolf would be a lot more worried about staying alive, which he seems to care an awefully lot about.

Not a whole lot, but I don't have the time.

Now, instructions for tomorrow. Fea and I will most likely be dead. Then you will know I am innocent and hopefully listen to this.

1. Kill malkatoj.
2. Kill Jack.
3. Listen to TORE. He knows what he's doing. I don't hold against him that he's accusing me, because the evidence is pointing right to me.
4. Remember who Fea dreamed about: TOREstel and Hiriel

If I'm lucky, I'll be back to vote just before the Day ends, but I won't trust to my luck; it seems to not be with me in this game. So if I don't see you, then this is goodbye.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:30 PM   #190
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

In defense of myself.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gurthang:
First, against Jack.

1. He didn't vote Day 1.
2. Day 2 he voted late for an already doomed wolf. (to ease suspicion)
3. He seemed to jump pretty high when I first accused him.
4. See post #147 for my process of elimination.
5. He seems very against me being OK with dying. A wolf would be a lot more worried about staying alive, which he seems to care an awefully lot about.

Not a whole lot, but I don't have the time.
1. Can't deny this, can I? I told you that I didn't want to vote Day 1 long before voting was over.

2. I am going to vote late again today. I prefer voting as late as possible so that I can get all the evidence that people are going to put out. Will you blame me if the chap I happen to get lynched is a wolf? Go-olly.

3. Everything I said when I jumped pretty high was true, wasn't it?

4. Your process of elimination isn't quite as good as TORE's, I've noted. Why excuse Eonwe and Rune when your reasons for letting them go is one of the very reasons you're accusing me?
Quote:
I think it's safe to say that Rune and Eonwe are innocent, since they voted to put Bergil ahead when the votes were tied.
For cryin' out loud man! When I wrote out my post and gave my vote, I, too, was breaking a vote and putting Bergil ahead! I just happened to cross-post with Eonwe, and look where that's put me!
And you rule out Thin because you say it would be very foolish for a wolf not to vote the first two days. Ha. Well, with your reasoning of 'He didn't vote Day 1' you may as well say 'It's not safe for anyone not to vote the first day.

5. Oh, yes...oh, yes, I do care an awful lot about staying alive, actually. I'm completely honest with you - I have been the entire game - and I won't deny that I'm rather keen on staying alive.

I hope that that will help clear me and not make people suspect me any more. Anyone who thinks this is a rather violent defense of myself may as well just accept it, because this is how I'm always going to defend myself...this game, last game, next game...anytime. Make note of it.

--Jack
Old 10-06-2005, 03:31 PM   #191
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Sting

I thought i would never trust another person in Fwedawick so much, as to let them deside my vote !

But here goes !

++Gurthang

But no fear Gurthang, if you are innocent i for one are planing on doing as you just said.

Old 10-06-2005, 04:17 PM   #192
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Its pretty much confirmed now whats what and even if Gurthang turns out to be innocent we still pretty much have things under control. But then again theres always something else that could happen and if it does I know what I'm going to do. Anyway I don't know how much longer I'll be on so I'll cast my vote.

++Gurthang
Old 10-06-2005, 04:24 PM   #193
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

well, good by gurthang. votes stand (im pretty sure, nobody put VOTE in their title ):

Thinlomiel: Gurthang
Malk: Gurthang
Fea: Gurthang
Rune: Gurthang
Sleepy Ranger: Gurthang

five of ten and no double lynches...may you be a wolf gurthang!
Old 10-06-2005, 04:45 PM   #194
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril Vote!

well, im not gonna be able to get on for a while, and since i guess gurthang is dead, i will cast my token vote.

++Gurthang
Old 10-06-2005, 05:13 PM   #195
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe Votes: Gurthang- 7

My vote (in case you hadn't figured it out yet): ++ Gurthang

My reasons: Already stated many times

Now. I will not be around until NIGHT has already fallen. Most likely the wolves will kill our seer, but no matter who they kill - Fea, me, or Hiriel - stick to the plan.

If Gurthang is a wolf we all know to lynch malkatoj next.

If Gurthang is not a wolf - lynch malkatoj anyway. Don't let anyone tell you different, the evidence is way too strong. After that, I suggest that Jack would be the next logical choice but I probably won't be around that long so it'll be up to you all.

Oh, and Fea. You once asked me if I protected you or not. What if I am not the Ranger at all & have just been playing like I was? And what if the Ranger didn't protect you last night? Just something to chew on...
Old 10-06-2005, 05:25 PM   #196
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Sorry for the double post but some more food for thought:

Perhaps Jack wouldn't be the third wolf if Gurthang is proved innocent (which I hope he won't be). Bergil did say that he thought "no wolves would have voted" - Jack did not vote. That could've been a bluff but I think it unlikely.

I've always thought Eowne to be innocent but she has been somewhat noncommital & her vote for Bergil could have been a bold way to clear her of suspicion...sorry if I'm confusing, but I'm just throwing some thoughts out there.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:29 PM   #197
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Real Estel
Oh, and Fea. You once asked me if I protected you or not. What if I am not the Ranger at all & have just been playing like I was? And what if the Ranger didn't protect you last night? Just something to chew on...
Come now, TORE. If you aren't the Ranger, than it's pretty damned obvious that I'm not the Seer.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 10-06-2005 at 05:30 PM. Reason: smiley
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:52 PM   #198
Hiriel
Wight

Hiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Hiriel
Shield

Goodness, I've missed a lot.

Quote:
I've always thought Eowne to be innocent but she has been somewhat noncommital & her vote for Bergil could have been a bold way to clear her of suspicion..
Yeah, both Eonwe and Rune I've thought innocent throughout, but Rune has voiced some strong suspesions early on and Eonwe has mostly lain back. It could indeed be a plot to keep a "quiet" wolf among the villagers to take out all the gifteds even though we hang Gurthand and Malkatoj (one of whom, I agree, is deffinitely guilty, if not them both. Personally I am more certain of Malkatoj) As for the aacusations of Jack, I think that's scambling on Gurthang's part.

Quote:
4. Your process of elimination isn't quite as good as TORE's, I've noted. Why excuse Eonwe and Rune when your reasons for letting them go is one of the very reasons you're accusing me?
I side with Jack here, and this further highlights Eonwe in my mind. (I don't have much time, alas, to back this up. But my gut trusts Rune) If Gurthang doesn't turn out to be a wolf, Eonwe's someone to deffinitely watch out for. But all the arguments by TORE seem sound to me. Doesn't seem to be anything more to weigh in on, save to say that I hope, as far as killing the proven innocents go, I go before TORE or Fea. Sorry that I didn't get to post anything else today. Real life distractions. *sighs*
Any road, I'll go along with the plan.

++ Gurthang

4 8 15 16 23 42 ~Proud Lostaway
Hiriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:30 PM   #199
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Not that it matters much any more. But, to keep myself out of trouble with people, I'll vote.

++Gurthang.

If he's innocent (which I doubt he is) don't just assume that I am a wolf. We all will have made a mistake - including TORE and Fea.

-- Jack
Old 10-06-2005, 08:29 PM   #200
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
And time!! Expect Gurthang's death shorlty.