Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2004, 12:40 PM   #121
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Unfortunately, that exceedingly helpful and lovely map site is gone . . .

So here are a few other options.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Second Age from Fonstad:

Map 1

~*~

Also 2nd Age:

Map 2

~*~

Close to the original map – but you need to move the mountain range closer to the west coast (this is more like the southern lands before the sinking of Beleriand:

Map 3

~*~

This gives a good look at the restructured lands after the sinking of Beleriand and Numenor (make sure you expand it to regular size to see all the features):

Map 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I like Map 1 and Map 4

~*~ Pio @ cartography central . . .
Old 03-08-2004, 03:08 PM   #122
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Many thanks!

EDIT: I have amended the last post for Thorn to make his whereabouts sufficently more vague.

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 03-08-2004 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:24 PM   #123
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
okies everyone

I have just introduced a new character which I have been discussing with child, you may have noticed that I have refrained from putting a name to this character, this is done intentionally to add to the mystery of the character, Who she is and what role she plays will be reveiled as the story progresses.

For now all anyone should see is a large brown eagle with a pale golden wash on the back of her head and neck and her tail feathers are faintly banded. She is roughly about 2 feet in length and weighs about 10 pounds, with a wing span of about 5 feet.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:47 PM   #124
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I have filled in my save. Nerindel, Mithadan likes his meat medium rare.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:05 AM   #125
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Airefalas is a vegetarian. (Just kidding! )
Old 03-12-2004, 10:42 AM   #126
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Piosenniel and Rôg will be gone from 3/12 through 3/18 . . .

Old 03-16-2004, 07:46 AM   #127
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

This is just to let everyone know that I have made a couple of changes to my last post from Airefalas. For some reason I had been thinking that Airefalas & Mithadan had not been allowed to bring their own weapons with them into the palace. Having read the latest from Mith, I see that I was mistaken, so I have changed my post to reflect that.

Also,
Quote:
Behind them, the light of the setting sun which entered the windows was oddly red and the curtains were rustled by a rising wind.
Nice touch, Mithadan!

Last edited by Ealasaide; 03-16-2004 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:49 AM   #128
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Ok I have finally managed to fill my save.

Sorry Mithadan, Ealasaide but I was not able to bring him to the same time frame as your characters, as I require some input from Esty's character's before the meal begins.

Well Esty it looks like the ball's now in your court.

~Nerindel
Old 03-19-2004, 11:01 AM   #129
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I'm very sorry that I haven't been able to post for Wyrma, everyone. Two weeks absence were planned, since I had US family visiting, but since then, illness in the family has been keeping me too busy to do more than one thing at a time. I will do my best to get some planning done for Wyrma and allies and to post ASAP. Nerindel, Tinar would be delighted to join Kor for dinner - I will post that very soon.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 03-26-2004, 08:09 AM   #130
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Ok Mithadan, Ealasaide Korpulfr awaits your arrival. Hope you both like roasted camel or perhaps honey glazed mountain goat!
Old 03-26-2004, 09:00 AM   #131
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Yum!
Old 04-01-2004, 12:26 PM   #132
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
*Mithadan enters planning room, trying to ignore the dust that has accumulated on the floor and the tables.

"HELLOOOO!"

*Echoes ("HE, ELLL, LLLOOO...")
Old 04-01-2004, 12:42 PM   #133
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Mithadan,

Hello!

I've been wondering for some time what's been bogging us down.

Right now, my characters are in a situation where they can do little to advance the story line. Ráma is stuck in a cave outside Umbar waiting for the errant Gondorians to arrive so we can head out to my clan. Aiwendil and Rôg have been exchanging reflective observations out in the desert to try and stall until some of the other characters get out here! I am ready to hire a "shrink" for the two of them!

You know me, Mithadan. There's probably no one who likes reflective posts more than I do. But I have had my fill of introspection and am dying for some action to occur!

I can see several problems we're dealing with, in addition to the obvious fact that a number of us (including myself) have crowded schedules right now. I think part of the problem is that our characters are still geographically scattered. If we could somehow get them together in one place, I think that things would proceed more quickly, since anyone could help further the storyline.

I also think it might help if there was more communication on the discussion thread. That's one reason I'm posting my ideas here rather than sending them out by pm.

I don't know what you have planned for the Star and the action inside the city. Are there particular individuals whom we're waiting to post? Do we need to send folk a friendly reminder?

After Tuesday night, my own schedule opens up and I will have plenty of time to help and/or write if that is needed.

Any ideas from anyone on how we can get things rolling again?

Sharon
Old 04-01-2004, 12:48 PM   #134
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I feel much the same, Sharon - time has passed more slowly in the Corsair city than outside it, as far as I can tell. We're still on the day after the reception! I don't know what to do with Wyrma while I wait for the other strands of the story to continue...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 04-01-2004, 12:58 PM   #135
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

As far as I know, Mithadan and Airefalas need to escape from their guards (after dinner), miss sailing with the Star, and then re-connect with Rama. I, for one, have been waiting for Nerindel to post again to get the dinner underway. Having spoken with her recently concerning another matter, I know that Nerindel has been very busy with RL obligations. I'm sure she will have something to post soon.

That being said, would it help for me to go ahead & post with Airefalas? I suppose I could try to move things along, but as neither Host nor Captain, Airefalas is in not much of a position to instigate much action at this point.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:01 PM   #136
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

We need to get through Dinner at Korpulfr's home. This will require Nerindel to post, and myself and Ealesaide to respond. From there, its a matter of a few posts to reach the Star's departure and get events moving in Umbar so that pieces of the Southern contingent can be reunited, if only temporarily.

Matters in the North are stalled until we can get the Star back to Gondor, though there are a few things we can do in the interim. Once the Star gets underway, we can speed up the timeline to assist the Northerners in heading South.

I think that Estelyn and Nerindel need to discuss what direction the Wyrma contingent are going to move in. I am available to discuss this issue as are Pio and Child, I'm sure. Some brainstorming will be needed there.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:06 PM   #137
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thumbs up

Okay - I will continue to wait
Old 04-01-2004, 01:06 PM   #138
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

I am available to discuss any issue - here or by PM.

And willing to pick up another character if needed to get us going.

In the meantime, Cami, I am in the midst of a further introspective post

~*~ Pio
Old 04-01-2004, 01:13 PM   #139
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

I, too, am available to pick up an additional character at any point along the way. At this stage, I think I am the only one writing just one character.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:44 PM   #140
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Ah, leave the Barrow Downs for a few hours and such a flurry when you return! Hilde is still on board with pen in hand, pondering events in the desert evening.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:05 PM   #141
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

ok Everyone, sorry for holding things up!

As Ealasaide has told you I've had a very busy schedule this week. but I'm free tonight and all yours.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:43 AM   #142
Child of the 7th Age

I've just put up another post for Narika and Yalisha ( a new character that Nerindel helped to construct).

Narika has learned that poison may be involved in her mother's condition and she is not feeling too kindly towards any strangers who travel from Umbar:

Quote:
Every time we touch that city, we come away with grief. I swear if anything happens to my mother, I will slay any outsider who dares approach the clan even in so-called friendship."
Good luck, Mithadan and Airefalas!

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 04-04-2004 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:31 AM   #143
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Hmmmm . . . and how is Aiwendil going to allay the suspicions of the Eagle clan when he and Rôg show up on their trusty steed?
Old 04-05-2004, 06:29 AM   #144
Child of the 7th Age

Whoops! I hadn't thought of that little plot twist, especially seeing that Rôg will probably be recognized and his earlier entry virtualy coincided with the appearance of the assassin.

Child

P.S. At least he hasn't been in Umbar recently!
Old 04-05-2004, 10:16 AM   #145
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

I think between Surinen and Thorn, they will figure the assassin wasn't likely Rog or Aiwendel...(if Narika doesn't slay them before Thorn arrives!). Thorn is due to arrive in camp in the late evening/early morning hours, I don't know if this is before Aiwendel and Rog show up. If not, it would appear things might get a little exciting for them!

I have a post for Thorn waiting that touches on this and have planned to have Surinen and Thorn discuss it after that in Surinen's post.

Feel free to have Surinen plead their case meanwhile, he is suspicious of Rog but doesn't think badly of him, and once he talks to Thorn he should calm down quite a bit more. Narayad on the other hand might be a different story.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:26 PM   #146
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I would indeed appreciate some brainstorming for long-term strategies - it's difficult to plan for Wyrma without knowing where the story is going. If the action leaves the city and she's stuck there in Falasmir's court, she needs to have something to do there. I do have some ideas for the immediate future, but am having trouble thinking beyond that.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:03 PM   #147
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Yes, I agree. I was kind of wondering what her position regarding the Eagle clan was exactly. I do realize she has an evident grudge against Ayar, but was it for some incident or for her refusal to lead her clan into the fold.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:14 PM   #148
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Well, on the surface, it's the latter reason, but who knows? We may find out that the differences go back farther...
Old 04-05-2004, 05:53 PM   #149
Child of the 7th Age

Esty,

I am busy through Tuesday night and won't be on much, but after that my schedule opens up.

I think the need for brainstorming is even wider than Wyrma. As far as I know, we had only hammered out the "details" for the rebels down to the point that all the "good" characters joined up at the Eagle clan and Ayar died. These characters include Mith and Airefalas, Aiwendil and Rôg, Pio and Baran, plus all the assorted Eagles. We probably need to get some idea of what the "good" folk will be focusing on next in order to tell what Wyrma and the other baddies should be doing (and vice versa as well).

Pio, Mith, if I've forgotten something specific about the immediate plot beyond what I've said, please remind me.... Also, how does the absent Bird (as a character) fit into this....?

BTW, does Wyrma "have to" stay in Umbar? Might there not be some compelling reason or lure that would cause her to leave: either chasing after her enemies or perhaps going out to find something/someone that would gain her side some advantage. For all I know, both sides could be chasing after something.--Bird or something else.

Whatever we do, I would prefer that the major characters be in general physical proximity or at least be focusing on one particular goal. Otherwise, we get isolated subplots that can be a problem to push forward.

Child
Old 04-06-2004, 05:34 PM   #150
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan has told his tale. It may cause Korpulfr to ask some questions...or not.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:50 AM   #151
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

ok Mith you've arroused Kor's couriousity and he wants to know more of this Bird and why she would look for her kin in the southlands.

Esty are you wanting to post something for Tinar before we finish up?
Old 04-08-2004, 07:57 AM   #152
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ah, yikes! Many apologies for the absence of myself and Airefalas... I see a lot has been happening. I subscribed to the threads, but had not received any e-mail alerts regarding the activity, so I was not aware that anything new had been posted. Henceforth, I will not rely on subscription alerts...

I have a lot of reading to do to get caught up again!!! Once I do that, I will get to work on a post.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:44 AM   #153
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420! Making the timelines congruent

The action in Gondor had been behind by a number of weeks (I drew out a timeline and plotted all the separate events). So, tomorrow I’ll have a post up that brings the Gondor contingent up to the same time as the evening meal at Korpulfr’s in Umbar.

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-09-2004 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:23 AM   #154
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Mith

Can you bring Pio and Baran current with the happenings in Umbar?

I’ve placed them meeting in the Inn 2 weeks prior to the party/reception at the Hall of Feasts (Merethrond) the King has planned for the new traders from Rhûn, Khand, and Near Harad and some of the prominent merchant families from Gondor.

Pio would like to invite Baran to accompany her. Go ahead and use my character as needed. She can introduce him to the King and others at the party. Many of whom I’m sure will grumble at the presence of a Shapechanger in Minas Tirith and even more so, one at the King’s party.

If you can get us through the bulk of the party from Baran’s viewpoint that would be great. I’d planned for the King’s party to take place the same night as the dinner in Umbar with Mithadan and Airefalas at Korpulfr’s.

Please also check your email.

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-09-2004 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:49 AM   #155
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I moved my save for Tinar to be after Ealasaide's post - it will be filled by tomorrow. Sorry, but family visiting for Easter kept me from writing over the weekend...
Old 04-12-2004, 12:17 PM   #156
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Alrighty then, the Gondor contingent is at last current with the time in Umbar.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:13 AM   #157
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

The save I have up is not for Korpulfr, but for my eagle character.

I hope to have it filled sometime tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:12 PM   #158
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I have filled in the save for Tinar - he is following Mithadan's and Airefalas' trail to see what they're up to...
Old 04-13-2004, 02:20 PM   #159
Child of the 7th Age

I have filled in my save on the bottom of page 4. Poor Aiwendil is finally beginning to put his act together.

Hilde,

I couldn't seem to do it in one post. I'll start work on the next immediately, although I don't know if Rôg will have anything to say first about this latest turn of events.

Could you possibly hop your save forward after my post is up?

Child
Old 04-13-2004, 06:04 PM   #160
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Your wish is my command, Child !