The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-30-2002, 08:39 AM   #1
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting RotK sopilers

ok - I guessed that Scouring of the Shire would be left out and it was just confirmed [ for me ] on the Ch4 TV quiz [ or something like that].<P>Anyone know of other RotK spoilers, and please list a source!<P>I figured the scouring would not make it as PJ had not created very much shire to scour!<P>We would need the brandywine Bridge, a couple of inns, a mill, an entire Bagshot row, plus various other places to add to the destroyed impression, plus a hundred or so hobbits to deal w/ the dozens [ i am reducing the figures as I gues PJ would were he even to try it] of ruffians.<P>Anyway, like Bombadil it was a sad but easily chosen cut.
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 09:22 AM   #2
GreyIstar
Wight

GreyIstar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

PJ said that during his commentary of FOTR.<P>He said Frodo looking in the mirror at it was his homage to that part of the book.<P>As for others I do no know... As long as it ends at the Grey Havens we should be fine.

"Dangerous!" cried Gandalf. "And so am I, very dangerous: more dangerous than anything you will ever meet, unless you are brought alive before the seat of the Dark Lord."
GreyIstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 09:29 AM   #3
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Still have not seen all of the commentary.<P>Thanks for the info though.<P>I wish he had done similar homages to BOmbadil and the downs and shown them as Gandalf was reading Frodo's mind while he was recovering in Rivendell.<P>That could have explained the swords and given us a glimplse of TB all in a few seconds.
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 03:16 PM   #4
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

As much as I wish they had included the Scouring of the Shire I know they didn't because of how they changed a few scenes in FOTR...<P>As much as I would like to see it I really don't care that it won't be in it as long as they keep in the Grey Havens scene for the end of the movie. If the Grey Havens ain't in there I will truly felt cheated as that to me is the only way to end RoTK!
Old 12-31-2002, 09:12 AM   #5
Dimaldaeon
Wight

Dimaldaeon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Dimaldaeon Send a message via AIM to Dimaldaeon
Sting

Mithlond is in ROTK. I remember somebody, i think it was Alan Lee, saying he was designing them to be like Rivendell but made out of stone

You're not drunk if you can still hold onto a blade of grass to stop yourself from falling off the face of the Earth
Dimaldaeon is offline   Reply With Quote