The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 12:12 PM   #1
Phrim
Haunting Spirit

Phrim has just left Hobbiton.
Question Before they were Nazgul

I'm interested in finding out information about the "Kings of Men" who were corrupted into Wraiths by Sauron's gift of rings... before they were corrupted. I know that 3 of them were supposedly Numenoreans, and Khamul was an Easterling, but I don't know anything about them beyond that. What race were they, and where did they rule? Under what circumstances were the Rings given? Was Sauron buddy-buddy with these rulers? What happened to these kingdoms in the period between the gifting of the Rings and the ultimate corruption of their bearers?

Can someone at least point me where to look?
Old 07-08-2004, 12:36 PM   #2
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever have detailed information about the Men. JRRT didn't write much about them.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:36 PM   #3
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

As far as I know, I'm afraid that there is not much more to go on than what you have already found.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:54 PM   #4
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Phrim, the same question was asked on this thread on the Novices and Newcomers forum. It in turn links to this thread, which is a previous discussion on the topic here on the Books forum. Since the information we have on this topic is too sparse to warrant a second discussion, I'm closing this thread. Those who wish can continue on the second thread. Thanks!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Closed Thread