The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2012, 03:26 AM   #1
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien Middle Earth and Medieval England

Brief as my visits have become as of late, I must say before I go any further into this post that I quite miss the Barrow-Downs and the people who convene here. While doing some expeditious late-night article hunting I came across a little something that combined two things I hold quite close and felt the urge to share it with a community I felt might enjoy it.

The article is a discussion about Tolkien's desire and sources from Medieval England to frame the world of Middle Earth. While a great many of you might see it as 'old business', you might find reading over actually quite enjoyable as it does cite several sources and give specific examples. I would be delighted to hear the thoughts, finds and musings of others on this particular subject.

Without further adue: Middle Earth and Medieval England

(You will need some program that allows you to read .pdf files through your browser to view this article.)

Last edited by Valesse; 03-23-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Valesse is offline   Reply With Quote