The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #241
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So... we just have to point in a direction, and the probability of hitting a wolf is quite high, yes?

Wilwa is "claiming" a role. How do you know there is one WereUnicorn and one WereHunter each Wilwa? I thought the rules said, "and either a WereUnicorn or a Hunter!wolf." Unless somewhere it said there was only going to be one of each total....
Old 03-26-2010, 08:31 AM   #242
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
So you think Kit is Legate's packmate, despite the fact that she voted for him before Nog revealed his dream?
The problem is it doesn't matter what wolf is with what pack at this point, and wilwa declaring she's the anti-lover, there's 4 wolves amongst

Kit
Pitchie
Zil
Elfie
Izzy

I don't care who's with who, I just want to get one stinkin wolf today with those odds.

So, wilwa, it seems like you're in a pretty interesting position. Obviously you must look out for your own win, but you know we have to look out for our win too. That doesn't mean we can't work together. We need your help, simple as that. If I can convince you, your best chance at winning is to help the village, will you?

Too long have you sat in the shadows and held a love scorned.
The day I heard what the wretch did to you was the first day I mourned.
Help us and I will show you what it means to love again.
Because darling, my care for you has just began.

What do you say? Let bygones be bygones? Shasta I mean.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #243
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post

Kit
Pitchie
Zil
Elfie
Izzy
You're missing a name there. What about Boro?

And we only have Wilwa's word that she's completely innocent of wolvery. Though it'd be very cunning or possibly very stupid for her to claim otherwise given the odds at this point.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #244
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, there is only one Anti-Lover; and lest someone else counterclaims it - she probably is the Anti-Lover.

Boro, your plea did not sound so 'village'. Kind of came off a bit more wolfie.....
Old 03-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #245
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
You're missing a name there. What about Boro?
Instead of doing the usual "I know what I am and I'm no wolf" routine...It's not my job to analyze myself and determine innocence/guilt. That's yours, and should be considerably easier to do in this game, than most of the ones I'm in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Boro, your plea did not sound so 'village'. Kind of came off a bit more wolfie.....
Nope. How so? I'm taking a pre-emptive strike, so to say, and trying to get someone who is not aligned with the wolves on our side and hopefully get some trusty help.

I guess you could call it a plea, but I needed to get my true feelings out. She's been searching for love in all the wrong places, it's been here the whole time.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #246
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
"Help the 'village' Wilwa. *wink wink*"

Though his little plea does seem..shifty, Boro has a point. Wilwa is in a very unique position. She can choose to help the wolf teams and ally herself with those she feels are part of one team or another or she can help the village. The problem is we'd never know the path she took until it was potentially too late, but killing her isn't a good idea either. You, Wilwa, are going to be the slippery wild card.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #247
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It is the way that you put 'village' at the end of your plea, Boro. Like it was an oversight, you were pleaing with her to help you and yours; the wolves - then was like 'whups, forget, should put village there.'
Old 03-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #248
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Wilwa is "claiming" a role. How do you know there is one WereUnicorn and one WereHunter each Wilwa? I thought the rules said, "and either a WereUnicorn or a Hunter!wolf." Unless somewhere it said there was only going to be one of each total....
Well the way I understood it one team was Seer-Ranger-Hunter, and the other team was Seer-Ranger-Unicorn. One seer is gone, one ranger is gone, so it only seems locigal that there is now one of each role.

Quote:

So, wilwa, it seems like you're in a pretty interesting position. Obviously you must look out for your own win, but you know we have to look out for our win too. That doesn't mean we can't work together. We need your help, simple as that. If I can convince you, your best chance at winning is to help the village, will you?

Too long have you sat in the shadows and held a love scorned.
The day I heard what the wretch did to you was the first day I mourned.
Help us and I will show you what it means to love again.
Because darling, my care for you has just began.

What do you say? Let bygones be bygones? Shasta I mean.
Quote:
She's been searching for love in all the wrong places, it's been here the whole time.
Boro, this all sounds a bit like a letter I once received from a certain superhero, so you're certainly going about this the right way. haha

And Shasta, well he's dead. And he deserved it of course for leaving me for *gag*Sally*gag*. Hopefully now everyone will remember: Cupcakes may be prettier, but muffins are better for you.

I will say though that I probably won't vote for who I find "suspicious" because I'm not against any side, or for any side. I'll likely vote for whoever bugs me, or doesn't give me enough cookies....

I think I'm having a bit too much fun with this.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #249
Kitanna
Child of the West

I'm been having a look at our odds.

Me
Pitchie
Zil
Elfie
Izzy
Boro
Wilwa

Four of our seven our wolves and Wilwa is a wild card so we really only have two innocents, our unicorn and ranger. But if I understand correctly if the unicorn dies an innocent comes back to life, so that's helpful, but I'd rather not have the unicorn killed just to return a known innocent who then becomes an easy target at night. And what of our ranger? He/she is in a tight spot because revealing in case of danger signs his/her death warrant at night. And we still have a seer wolf for Legate's team, which means if his/her dreams were chosen wisely that team has an edge over the rest of us.

So who are the four we've got lurking about? I need to get to work. I will come home on my lunch break to comment some more and vote.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #250
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If the WereUnicorn would like to reveal, we could lynch them and just be done with it. As that would be perhaps the perfect scenario for toDay.

I don't entirely like the fact that Wilwa seems like she is just going to skate to victory. She is not going to help either side, she is just going to vote for whomever she feels like.

Because it clearly has not been said in previous posts for toDay..

Kit
Pitchie
Zil
Wilwa
Boro
Elfie
Izzy

Two Aphidian Wolves, Two LadyBug Wolves, Two Innocents, One AntiLover.
2:2:2:1

It could easily turn into battle of the teams, rather than simply werewolf.

-----

Thoughts/comments on yesterDays posts.

I really don't think the AntiLover is completely 'harmless'. They have a vote....

If Lommy had dreamt of Nerwen; why would she need to reveal her and try to get her lynched? They could just kill her at Night. Though she could of tried to get her lynched, because she could be a possible lynch target. However considering that Nerwen was the Hunter, I think it logical that had any of the wolves known she was the Hunter - they would want to get rid of her asap; as in the beginning there is a higher probability of her taking an innocent with her as opposed to a wolf.

Legate did not seem to have any specific thoughts in regards to players. Granted I am up to #180, and now I have to go - but his posts from yesterDay all looked more general discussionary, as opposed to stating his personal views on other players.

Okay, need to go. May be back later, will probably have to vote way earlier than usual.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #251
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I don't entirely like the fact that Wilwa seems like she is just going to skate to victory. She is not going to help either side, she is just going to vote for whomever she feels like.
You're wrong, I will help a side...eventually. I just don't know what side that's going to be yet, because it isn't clear yet which side has the advantage. I'm completely selfish, but that's the point of this role, I'm on my own side.

ToDay I'll likely just vote for the person who is clearly going to be lynched, that's probably the most neutral thing I can do. After toDay though, I don't know what'll happen. I'm just going with it...

I think anyone who got this role would be doing the same thing. Staying neutral, taking advantage of the fact that any side would be wasting a kill if they killed me, and waiting.

I get the distinct impression that the WereUnicorn has no desire to reveal. They're the one of the 4 wolves that really does not want to die. The other wolf team is probably even nervous about killing them, because it makes an innocent, and that sucks for them. So yeah, ideal situation for village, but not quite so much for wolvies.

But hey, you two innocents have a 4 in 5 chance of voting for a wolf. That's pretty sweet for you guys.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:35 PM   #252
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I get the distinct impression that the WereUnicorn has no desire to reveal. They're the one of the 4 wolves that really does not want to die. The other wolf team is probably even nervous about killing them, because it makes an innocent, and that sucks for them. So yeah, ideal situation for village, but not quite so much for wolvies.
Consider your choices again, taking the neutral path today could cause you to lose.

The fact of the matter is, since you're not a wolf, you're going to be expendable to both packs. It's true they might have bigger fish to fry, but if one of their own is in trouble they will lynch or kill you. You're going to be nothing more than a glorified cobbler in their eyes.

Where we can't do that, we literally can not lynch you. You may gain an advantage by siding with one of the packs, but there is no possible way to serve both. The pack you side with will use you until you are of no more use, if they have to kill you to win they're going to. And the pack that you don't side with, they aren't going to like you much either.

If you help us, it's true you might become wolf-meat, but you can rest assured you'll be on a side that won't betray you, for the fact that we NEED you to win, more than the wolves need you. And if you are wolf-meat at least you would leave the world knowing hapiness and love.

That's my please and best attempt, your choice now Wilwa.

With Nog greatfully finding 2 wolves, but destroying voting those 2 days, I haven't found much that stands out. TEW tried to clear Izzy's name based on Lommy's post, because of that, I don't think they're on the same team. Inzil then suspects TEW for trying to use Lommy's posts to clear Izzy. It would not surprise me if all three are wolves at this point.

Despite the odds, it's a rock and a hard place, because I can't decide whether TEW was genuinely helpful, or only trying to look helpful. I can't decide whether Inzil actually saw it as suspicious, or was trying to get attention turned on TEW for a lynch. And Izzy is the common link between the two.

I'll be here the rest of the day, so I can catch up on Pitch and Kit's posts, as both of them I've pretty much ignored/nothing has stood out so far.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #253
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
If the WereUnicorn would like to reveal, we could lynch them and just be done with it. As that would be perhaps the perfect scenario for toDay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwa
I get the distinct impression that the WereUnicorn has no desire to reveal. They're the one of the 4 wolves that really does not want to die.
You really think Izzy didn't know that? Of course the WU won't reveal. That's why it was a safe thing to say, with the benefit of making her look oh so very innocent, because obviously, a rival wolf wouldn't want any of the Unicorns to die (just yet).
And what was her point in dragging up the question of Lommy dreaming Nerwen again? If that has any bearing on the present situation, I don't see it.
Btw, talking of people who 'really don't want to die', that description seems to fit more than one person at the moment...

Boro gives me the impression that as long as wilwa helps him to lynch somebody, he doesn't care that much who it is. Does that sound innocent? Not really.

Among these people who have been posting in the last couple of hours, Kit looks like the only one who's still trying to think straight like I'd expect an innocent to rather than grasp for alliances or sow confusion. The only thing that worries me about her is the twisted reasoning for her Legate vote, but Nog's theory that she's the Aphid Seerwolf has obviously collapsed by now...

(x-ed with Boro- that's a little better...)

EDIT: pedantic bolding.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #254
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Stupid me - while Kit can hardly be the Aphid Seer, she could of course be one of the remaining Ladybugs. As far as I could find, she didn't mention Lommy at all before she was outed and lynched; Lommy, on the other hand, placed her in the 'More good than bad' category... with Lommy's general vagueness, it's hard to tell whether she was protecting a packmate or buddying up to an innocent. But that way, Kit's twisted case against Legate suddenly makes sense.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #255
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEWie
I think I know who the wolves are. I'm guessing Inzy, Pitchwife, Kitanna and Boromir.
Taking for granted that wilwa=AL, OK, but what makes you so sure about Izzy's innocence?
My problem is that, assuming wilwa to be what she claims, three of the four people I thought most probably innocent before (Boro, Izzy, Kit, TEWie) must be wolves, so I can't trust my previous judgement anymore. TEWie doesn't seem to suffer from any similar uncertainty, which I find quite strange unless he's got some inside knowledge about Izzy's role.

Now can someone please talk so I won't quadruple-post? Holding monologues gets boring...
Old 03-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #256
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I live to serve. (But not to be helpful.)

*did a little dance*

*made a little love*

*got dead last Night*

*erm....got re-dead last Night*

Apparently I'm supposed to entertain you? *shrugs* Dunno. It seems you're doing quite well amongst yourselves.

Also. Wilwa? I love you. (And muffins don't have frosting. Nyah.)

ETA: Also, I'm too lazy to do anything else, so blah. Sorry, Lottie dear. I have other havoc to wreak.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #257
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Consider your choices again, taking the neutral path today could cause you to lose.

The fact of the matter is, since you're not a wolf, you're going to be expendable to both packs. It's true they might have bigger fish to fry, but if one of their own is in trouble they will lynch or kill you. You're going to be nothing more than a glorified cobbler in their eyes.

Where we can't do that, we literally can not lynch you. You may gain an advantage by siding with one of the packs, but there is no possible way to serve both. The pack you side with will use you until you are of no more use, if they have to kill you to win they're going to. And the pack that you don't side with, they aren't going to like you much either.

If you help us, it's true you might become wolf-meat, but you can rest assured you'll be on a side that won't betray you, for the fact that we NEED you to win, more than the wolves need you. And if you are wolf-meat at least you would leave the world knowing hapiness and love.

That's my please and best attempt, your choice now Wilwa.
I think I need to clarify something:

I am not on a side.
I will never be on a side.
I will not "choose" a side.
I don't care who wins.
I just need to live.

So all of these speeches you're giving me to try to get me "on your side", are pointless. Cause I'm on my own, and will continue to be on my own. Though, I'll be honest, the villagers can't kill me, that would be beyond dumb; the wolves on the other hand, it would just be mostly dumb, so I'm terrified of them right now. Take from that what you will.

But thanks for all the attention Boro, it is making me feel quite loved.

x'ed with the homewrecker :P
Old 03-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #258
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Sally:

Muffins are breakfast foods.
Breakfast = most important meal of the day.
Muffin = more important.

Cupcakes have sugar.
Sugar rots your teeth.
Cupcake = bad.

Give Phantom and Duck a *snuggle* for me.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #259
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
I just need to live.
Doesn't that usually herald a swift and painful death by night? Or so experience would have me believe.

Quote:
I have a question about the Unicorns. They die and an innocent comes back in their place, correct? Well then is it really in the villages best interest to lynch one either? An innocent comes back and in the case of the wereunicorn a wolf is knocked out too, but then we have a known innocent that could potentially be only useful for a day before they become a nighttime kill. Two days if the ranger survives and protects them, but as a known innocent they become a likely target at night. So is it really in anyone's best interest to kill the unicorns? Maybe I've misunderstood how this role works, but it seems like it'll only benefit the village for a short while before we get thrown into confusion again over roles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
The fact of the matter is, since you're not a wolf, you're going to be expendable to both packs.
Is that a threat to get Wilwa on your side, Boro?
Old 03-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #260
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Yeah, it'll only benefit for a while, but like if you guys for example are at 3 innocents, 2 wolves. Then the innocent unicorn dies you are at the same, but the new innocent will probably die soon, but atleast you're no further behind. If the wereunicorn dies then you're at 4 innocents 1 wolf. Even though that innocent will die soon, it's still giving you an advantage for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
Doesn't that usually herald a swift and painful death by night? Or so experience would have me believe
Yes, it probably will. I just hope that the wolves realise that they have 3 other people out there that are more of a threat to them, and that I am a *potential* ally. So hopefully that's enough for them to choose to keep me around.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #261
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*is not really here yet*

Nice, not-explodie snuggles for anyone who posts a vote count close to dl.

*snuggles Wilwuffin and Sally for being amusing*
Old 03-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #262
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oh, and RE: Is Uni helpful? ... you guys are missing one important question. Think about who might be Revived, considering that neither of the Lovers can.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #263
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Yeah, it'll only benefit for a while, but like if you guys for example are at 3 innocents, 2 wolves. Then the innocent unicorn dies you are at the same, but the new innocent will probably die soon, but atleast you're no further behind. If the wereunicorn dies then you're at 4 innocents 1 wolf. Even though that innocent will die soon, it's still giving you an advantage for a while.
I suppose. I guess I just find the whole idea silly and baffling. *shrug* I'll just hide and pretend the unicorns don't exists and we just have wolf and innocent right now.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #264
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Oh, and RE: Is Uni helpful? ... you guys are missing one important question. Think about who might be Revived, considering that neither of the Lovers can.
Yeh. She has a point. Noggykins had another dream. But by the time either Unicorn would die (earliest today), then Nog would come back tomorrow, and his dream could be irrelevant by then (person could already be deaded).

*snuggles Lottie*
Old 03-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #265
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

One thing that speaks against Izzy in my eyes is Legate's vote for her, at a point where he'd been outed by Nog and knew he was pretty much dead meat. Voting for a rival wolf or an innocent at this time would have been rather futile, as it was quite certain that nobody else would vote her, but as a move to make a packmate look better after his death, it would make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
I have a question about the Unicorns. They die and an innocent comes back in their place, correct? Well then is it really in the villages best interest to lynch one either? An innocent comes back and in the case of the wereunicorn a wolf is knocked out too, but then we have a known innocent that could potentially be only useful for a day before they become a nighttime kill. Two days if the ranger survives and protects them, but as a known innocent they become a likely target at night. So is it really in anyone's best interest to kill the unicorns? Maybe I've misunderstood how this role works, but it seems like it'll only benefit the village for a short while before we get thrown into confusion again over roles.
I've been thinking about that too. The advantage for the village from the death of the innocent unicorn wouldn't be so big (except if Nog were revived to reveal his last dream), but lynching the WereUnicorn would get rid of a wolf + get one known innocent back, evening out the numbers.
It would of course make life easier for the Ranger to have a known fellow innocent instead of an unknown one.
And consider this: right now, there's seven of us; we'll lynch one person toDay, and with Nog removed for now, a double Night-kill has become much more likely.
If none of the Unicorns dies toNight, there'll be four left toMorrow. What makes you think this game will continue for more than two Days?

x-ed with 2 wilwas, 2 Lotties & 1 Kit
Old 03-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #266
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
That is an intriguing possibilty, that the Unicorn might be killed in the hopes that Nog could be returned with a dream to share. If that happened, what Wilwa said might indeed be the case: that his dream might be dead. However, I think it would be worth that risk. What I noticed though, was that our moddess did not say anyone in particular would definitely be brought back, but that we ought to consider who might be.

x/d with Pitch
Old 03-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #267
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
What makes you think this game will continue for more than two Days?
[/B]
If the wolves go after the same kill it could potentially happen. I wasn't really thinking in terms of how many people we have left. Like i said, the role just confuses me. But I think my questions have been answered now.

So I realize I haven't really been able to keep up so well in this game. I usually have enough time to go over specific posts rather than all of them. It doesn't really provide the best basis for a vote, but a Kit has to work. That said, I was really only able to look at today's post and a few from yesterday.

++ Boro

He seemed level headed and helpful enough to start with. I liked that he didn't jump immediately into accepting Nogrod's seer claim and that he felt strongly enough to continue to defend it. Today, however, his pleas with Wilwa look none to right. His first one looked like he was trying to sweet talk her.

But then there's this:
Quote:
Looks like he's saying "I can end you with one PM to our moddess tonight. Ally yourself with me toDay."

These posts look too far out of place for Boro and they don't look like the work of an innocent villager to me.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #268
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
However, I think it would be worth that risk. What I noticed though, was that our moddess did not say anyone in particular would definitely be brought back, but that we ought to consider who might be.
Our hunter could be brought too or Morsul (though he dropped out on his own accord, so probably not.) We have no guarantee it'd be Nogrod. So would we want the risk?

edit: Best of luck. I won't return until day's over.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #269
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
What I noticed though, was that our moddess did not say anyone in particular would definitely be brought back, but that we ought to consider who might be.
Since the Lovers can't be revived, it would be either Nog or Nerwen, so it's a 50/50 chance to get that last Seer dream.
Nerwen wouldn't be able to tell us anything new (we know she hunted sally), but I certainly wouldn't mind having her back as a known innocent. So yes, it would be worth the risk.
(Did you have to say something so sensible when I was feeling pretty sure you're a wolf? Not making my life any easier...)

EDIT: x-ed with Kit x2
Old 03-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #270
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
And what was her point in dragging up the question of Lommy dreaming Nerwen again?
In response to your question here, I will refer back and quote something I said in the post which you are responding to.

Quote:
Thoughts/comments on yesterDays posts.
I was making comments and thoughts regarding the posts of yesterDay; just was doing it toDay. As I was at work all day yesterDay, then unexpectedly had to do a lot of driving. Which lent me no time to catch up on what happened and what was said yesterDay.

Ehm yes, my sentiments about the WereUnicorn was wishful thinking - I thought it was quite clear... that I did not expect the WereUnicorn to actually reveal....

If Wilwa is not going to help us, then why should we spare her? Her win depends on her survivial. Which entails that we are helping her, by not voting for her - or in the wolves' case, not killing her at Night. So why exactly should we help you, Wilwa?

Regardless if the Unicorned is only perhaps helpful for a short amount of time - that is still helpful. I think you may either just A)honestly don't understand it, or are purposefully misunderstanding it. If there WereUnicorn perishes, a wolf is knocked down - to three, and the innocents' numbers increase by one. I would say at this point in time - that is a huge help, regardless of the length they are around.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #271
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Leaf

Inzy, your response to my outburst feels genuine to me. With my luck (and skill level) in playing werewolf you may very well be innocent. I think you have a good point about Kitanna and her vote for Legate. However, if I wanted to be stubborn, I could say it was a gamble to avoid suspicion in the future. But I seriously doubt that's the case. Her vote had slipped my mind. There goes my grand unified werewolf theorem. I thought Izzy was innocent because she hadn't rung any alarm bells in me, Nogrod had a feeling she was innocent, my suspicion of you, and Lommy's post. That would still be my guess. Look in my post after my vote for the Legate quotes I was referring to. I'm gonna leave now and not come back toDAY.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #272
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Boro wishes to warn you all about the dangers of poor internet connection.

He'll be back when he can.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #273
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
If Wilwa is not going to help us, then why should we spare her? Her win depends on her survivial. Which entails that we are helping her, by not voting for her - or in the wolves' case, not killing her at Night. So why exactly should we help you, Wilwa?
In the villager's case: you can't afford to waste a lynch on me, there are 4 wolves around and there are only 2 of you. So I'm not worried.

In the wolve's case: they have to get rid of the other pack before they can win, and there's a Ranger around that is a bigger threat to them. Yeah, they could kill me, but I'm certainly not their biggest priority right now, and I'm also a *potential* ally for them. So I'm slightly worried there, but not too too worried at this point.

Basically: I'm not asking for your help.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #274
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Well, I can't hang around here all night with nobody talking...

wilwa - enjoying herself far too much. "Next time there are Lovers, lynch them all"... Only it would be really stupid, so leave her alone.
Boro - don't at all like how he tried to talk wilwa into an alliance, it reminds me too much of a certain Nogwolf's show of pleading with the Lovers in Mira's game... all in the best interest of the village, of course
Izzy - what bothers me most is that safe 'throwaway' vote from Legwolf when his death was certain: as I've said above, possibly trying to provide cover for his packmate.
Kit - if she's a wolf, she's fooled me well up to toDay, but reconsidering her attack on Legwolf yesterDay, she could really be a packmate of Lommy's.
TEW and Zil - hard to say. Either's responses to the other's attacks sound genuine. One has to be a wolf, and I'm still more inclined to think it's Zil, but he's beginning to look better toDay...

Point in any direction and likely hit a wolf? Sure, Izzy, but there's that 1 in 5 possibility of hitting the only other innocent...

It's ninety minutes to DL, right? Somebody say something, please. (And I don't mean you, sally!)
Old 03-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #275
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Half an hour, actually. Just so's you know.

(And nyah to you too.)
Old 03-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #276
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
It's ninety minutes to DL, right? Somebody say something, please. (And I don't mean you, sally!)
Um...no. More like thirteen...

Why are there so few votes???

And do *I* count as somebody?

EDIT: I fail at counting. Sally's much closer than I am...
Old 03-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #277
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Um...no. More like thirteen...

Why are there so few votes???

And do *I* count as somebody?

EDIT: I fail at counting. Sally's much closer than I am...
I still love you, dear, even if no one else does. ^_^
Old 03-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #278
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

"You know Galileo's theory of dropping stuffs?" Zil asked.

"Yeah," Kit said. "What about it?"

"I've never understood it," Zil said. "Can we try it out?"

"Sure," Izzy said. I have a bowling ball and a ping-pong ball here; let's drop them off this cliff."

"But what about - hey look! A butterfly!" Wilwa said, laughing at the irony of Wilwa being distracted by a butterfly.

"And...drop!" Izzy said.

"Ow!" Boro said, as both the bowling and ping-pong balls fell on his head. "Izzy, what did you do??"

"Sorry?" she said. "Hey! You're getting furry!"

"What?" Boro yelped. "Oh, man! I must be dying. Well, then, I'll just kill you, too!"

"Eep!" Izzy said, and died.

"Hey, I'm not dead yet," Boro said.

So Elfie pushed him back off the cliff, just to be sure.

"Okay," he said. "Now I'm dead."

"Science is dangerous," Pitchie said.

"But I get it now," Zil said.

Last edited by Loslote; 03-29-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #279
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Phew, that was close...nasty evils of Time Warner. First cable box goes capoot, now internet's sketchy.

I am quite nervous about Kitanna's vote...I'm not nervous out of revenge, I just don't get it. I can see how in an round-about way being level-headed and calm could = wolvish, but she's reading my offer to wilwa in a way that's just not there. How was anything I said "Be on my team or I kill you?" I admitted to the exact opposite, we literally can't lynch her.

Wilwa's made her decision, at indecision, so be it. I sad we needed her, but if she's going to dangle her position of power in front of our faces, I'm going to take some dignity back. She's going to need us if she wants to win.

So yep, not liking that vote and I'm really not likely no one has come in to say "Got a wolf for you, vote ______ (insert one of the remaining names)"
Old 03-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #280
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Umm does that mean it's DL then?