The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-21-2004, 08:18 PM   #1
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Question ME Reality Shows

alright I searched for this and nothing came up so kind of TV Shows would ME have?

ME Fear Factor

Host: Alright your first challenge you will have to wear the one ring four 3 minutes withoutr getting corrupted we have randomly seledcted the order and Gollum your first.

Gollum: Precious yes
Smeagal: No ring doesn't hurt us ring is nice
Gollum: Kill them all them we takesw the prize
Smeagal but the host he watches us he knows his eyes always watching
Gollum: Then we stabs them out.
Smeagal no no!

Host: time's up next contestant.

and so on
Old 07-21-2004, 10:08 PM   #2
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree The reality series that never ends!

I have no doubt that Survivor would carry over into Middle-earth. How about Survivor: Mordor? Or, Survivor: Moria? Or Survivor: Angmar? The possibilities are endless!

Or how about The Amazing Race? ...oh, wait, they kinda already did that, huh?

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 07-22-2004, 11:17 AM   #3
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
I really shouldn't participate in this thread since I detest "reality" shows. It's hard to say which has less to do with reality: reality shows or Fox News. But.....

Okay, Survivor Cuivienen:

A time machine transports 10 people to Cuivienen after elves have left it (but Inland Sea of Helcar, etc. are intact).
Survivors are Smeagol, Bilbo, Celegorm, Ar-Pharazon, Morwen, Aragorn, Eowyn,
Queen Beruthiel, Eorl the Young, Quickbeam, Shagrat, and Durin VI. Will they cooperate, form alliances, do a walkabout around the Inland Sea???
(Tom Bombadil is referee).

They're voted off by highspeed internet connections to late Third Age sentient peoples (good or evil).

And the first one voted off is.......Ar-Pharazon. He has such an attitude problem!
Tuor of Gondolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:22 AM   #4
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420!

i detest reality shows as well howeveryou can name different types of Game shows you'd see as well

Like Hobbiton Squares
Old 07-22-2004, 11:47 AM   #5
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
You mean the whole Fellowship of the ring saga wasn't a series of survivor?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:05 PM   #6
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
this is going to be a bit mean but ther e is a morbidly fascinating US show being screened here (UK) at the moment called Average Joe (more or less beauty and the beast) and maybe it is what Elrond would subject Arwen to in order to persuade her that dating cute Elf boys would be a good idea...

"Arwen Undomiel, you are deemed the fairest maid in this age of the world, you are related to all the top people in Middle Earth and anyone who isn't heir to two kingdoms doesn't really figured on your radar til now...... It is time for you to meet some "Average Joes ...we have Bob the Balrog...... he's a warm guy - if you aren't scared of his whip, Nigel the Nazgul - you will find he is not so faceless when you get to know him but slip him some Listerine for the death breath...
Tim the Troll...a strong guy - will he be stone hearted ? ( NB Tim can't do lunch dates unless the restaurant is very dimly lit...) Oh I could go on for ever but I won't ....I guess you can filll in Orc and Hobbit, Dwarf and other unlikely combos....

Last edited by Mithalwen; 07-22-2004 at 12:07 PM. Reason: word omitted
Old 07-22-2004, 12:35 PM   #7
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
That was a good one!

How about "I'm A Dwarf, Get Me Out Of Here!", set in Fangorn? Instead of Ant 'n' Dec presenting, it could be Merry & Pippin.
Lalwendë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:54 PM   #8
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh yes..... and could we have Boromir as the Tony Blackburn figure obsessed with collecting wood, and Gandalf struggling with life without Tobacco (honorary Dwarves of course) ..

Old 07-18-2005, 01:24 PM   #9
Princess Ai

Tolkien

ahhahahahahaha! ita perfect. anybody watch mxc?
(vic)merry:looks like we got us another great painfull show lined up for us today. its ring destroyers vs. ring hunters.
(kenny)pippin:thats right. we'll start off with around of shroom of doom, follow that up with pole riders, go on into ring dive, then finish up with a little log drop. ha ha!! log drop!
merry: o pippin. lets check in with the captian. captian?
(captian)Faramir:thanks merry. now who all thinks that the illegal act of using pot in our pipes is just plain awsome? show of hands.
croud: yaaaay!!
Faramir: well youre all wrong as usual! thanks to pot im married to eowyn! what about u (approaches gollum) u look pretty mesed up on weed, what do u think?
Gollum: weed is gooood.
smeagol: NO! weed is bad!
Faramir: uh right. lets go!
sorry bout the lengthyness
Old 07-18-2005, 08:31 PM   #10
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dűm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
1420! Brilliant!

I LOVE that MXC-ME idea! Who could be the Guy LeDouche figure? (sorry about the gross name, but that's what it is!) We'll say Bilbo.

Merry: And first up for Destroyers, we have Gandalf the Grey!
Pip: That is one tasty-lookin' shroom... *drools*
Merry: Wipe your mouth, Pip. That shroom's made out of solid mithril all the way from the Mines of Moria. And here goes Gandalf. He's mounting the shroom, and....he's off! Will he hold on? Oh, no!!! Looks like he couldn't keep it up and now he's falling into the Chasm of Death!!!
*a moment later, Gandalf crawls out of the "chasm"*
crowd: *gasp*
Merry: Wow! Look at that, Pippin!
Pip: Yeah, there must have been bleach in that chasm. He's all white!

Off to one side of the chasm:
(Guy)Bilbo: What happened, Gandalf? You are all white!
Gandalf: Gandalf? Yes...that was my name...
Old 07-18-2005, 08:42 PM   #11
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Posted by Sapphire_Flame:
Quote:
I have no doubt that Survivor would carry over into Middle-earth. How about Survivor: Mordor? Or, Survivor: Moria? Or Survivor: Angmar? The possibilities are endless!
How about Survivor: Tol-in-Gaurhoth (Isle of Werewolves)?

A random number of people, usually 12-20, are transported to a remote village and undertake jobs there. Some of the participants are granted special roles, some are not. Within their midst are three (usually) werewolves that horrifically maul an innocent village each night. During the day the village lynches a suspected werewolf. Whichever group (villager or wolf) wins the game is awarded fame and fortune.

Sounds like it'd at least make a pretty good game...
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:25 PM   #12
Princess Ai

Tolkien

dose sound intrusting. but our poor pansy friend leggers would never survive on survivor. allthough it would be fun to see him try.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:53 PM   #13
Naz
Shade of Carn Dűm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Reality shows are evil, but.. Middle-earth idol? Boromir the Disco King! Pippin & Merry! Random Hobbit Lass in Scene 25,009! Fatty Bolger? The possibilties are endless... & that's what makes it so scary...

I forsee Elven trouble..
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:00 PM   #14
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Jeoprady- ME

ME Jeoprady!!!

Today's contestants are: All the way from Mordor, it's Sauron the Great!!
Coming from Minas Morgul, serving his master and not trying to win, Witch King of Angmar!
And finally, coming from the unknown location of Valinor, Manwe!!
And here's your host, the "Hottest" steward of Gondor, Denethor!!
Denethor: Thank you all for coming! Today's category's are: The One Ring of Power, Gandalf the Grey/White and History of Canada!!!
All the contestants: Canada!?!? What is Canada!?!?!?
Denethor: Sauron, will you start us off??
Sauron: I'll take The One Ring of Power for 100.
Denethor: And the question is: "Which Man cut off your fingers and took the One Ring?" *BEEP* And it's to Sauron!
Sauron: Ummmm, Anarion!?
Denethor: Wrong!!! Anybody else? No next question to Manwe!
Manwe: I'll take Gandalf the Grey/White for 200.
Denethor: " What evil creature of Morgoth did Gandalf the Grey fight before he turned White"?
Manwe: Uhhhhh, an orc??"
Denethor: Wrong again. *DING-DING-DING-DING* OHHH!!! And that's the sound of the end of today's game. Tune in tomorrow and find out who wins in Jeoprady ME!!!!

Man that was long. Sorry bout it, but I couldn't help myself.

Glirdy

Ps: I only put in three categories because of how long it would have been if I put in the right amount.