Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2003, 03:18 PM   #11
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Quote:
I think the 'double agent' would not want to tell everyone, she would probably go to Finduilas and tell her. Then Finduilas would have to go to Denethor, and perhaps we can have another sort of conflict there. Perhaps Denethor was friends with one of the men, and refuses to believe that he would have anything to do with the thing!
Whatever we do with Denethor, we have to make sure that we don't create too much conflict between him and Finduilas. He's supposed to love her more than anything (except perhaps Boromir). So we can't mess around with the functioning of their relationship too much. Question, however on that subject. Does she love him? How does she feel about the marriage? Is it arranged?

Quote:
3) Groups A and B still spread rumours to Group C about a possible attack on the Corsair fleet, and “evil chick” still sends a messenger to tell the Corsairs what she knows. The party that evening is the ideal time for Finduilas’ speech, and “evil chick” realises that she has been fooled by Groups A and B and flees – she can’t go back to the Corsairs after giving them wrong information, but she can’t stay in the court. Denethor could then find out – the proof is there, as “evil chick” has gone, showing her disloyalty.

So, the game could end when “evil chick” (she really needs a name ) has left the court and Denethor is told and takes action.
I really like this idea (especially Finduilas' speech! Go Maika!) except Tolkien tells us that at no point does Denethor ever agree to take action against the corsairs. His father Ecthelion does it four years after Finduilas' arrival at court. So unless we want the game to cover a time period of four years, there isn't going to be any destroying of corsairs. And whatever's revealed needs to be revealed to Ecthelion instead of Denethor, because if Denethor knows all this stuff that Finduilas is supposed to know, and still opposes attacking the corsairs it makes him more than negligent to the safety of Gondor. We don't want him to come out looking like the bad guy.

Revised ending 3

The rumours are spread, Evil lady sends her message to the corsairs, who believe that Ecthelion is coming to attack their fleet. Finduilas gives a cleverly worded speech at the party informing Evil lady that she's been found out. Evil lady flees, Finduilas goes to Ecthelion and tells him all. Ecthelion begins planning a massive campaign (that will come four years later?) to eliminate corsairs.

Cami- When does Aragorn/Thorongil first come to Gondor? Would Ecthelion have him around to plan the attack with at this point?

lol... ideas ideas!

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!