The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-24-2003, 06:58 PM   #1041
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Silmaril

Hey everybody, sorry I've been gone so long. Did you miss me? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I shall now proceed to comment on just about everything everyone has said, so prepare yourselves for a long post.

Quote:
Ya know what? In real life I'm pretty shy and quiet but on the Downs I'm more...outspoken. Hmm... Ah well.
I'm kind of like that, too. I'm not really that shy, per se, but I seem to be about my obssession (odd, that I should be embarassed about it or something, since I'm very obssessed and have been for let's see.... four years?).

Quote:
When you talk in old English.
Isn't it a blast?

Quote:
I'm going to leave notes in all the Tolkien books in the library that say that (except with Orominuialwen instead of Goldberry)
That is a very good idea! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I should do that! Hopefully sometime one of us will actually find one of those notes.

Quote:
Guess what? You know how certain theaters will be doing a special promo of RotK, showing the Fellowship and Towers EV's on the 16th and then showing RotK at midnight? I JUST FOUND OUT THAT THE THEATER BY ME HAS BEEN CHOSEN TO DO THAT!!!!! *jumps up and down in hyper-ness* I'm so excited!
Wow! You're lucky! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] How did you find out? I wonder if any of the theaters near me is doing that.....

Quote:
I fell asleep last night, but I forgot to take my Ring off before I went to bed (I was *that* tired...), so I still had the chain around my neck. Then I woke up in the middle of the night and my hand had clenched around the Ring while I slept.
Very creepy. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Well, that's my first post in a series of trying to get caught up. I guess I'll continue tomorrow or whenever I can.....

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 07:16 PM   #1042
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

Quote:
Arwen1858 and Meneltarmacil, they are quite lovely. Maybe it's new avatar week
Thank you! I love that pic of Arwen! It's so pretty!

When you're doing research on the net, and read 'Sardinian' as 'Sindarin.' (happened to me this afternoon)
Old 09-24-2003, 07:58 PM   #1043
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Quote:
Hey everybody, sorry I've been gone so long. Did you miss me?
I missed you, Luthien! Welcome back [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
When you're doing research on the net, and read 'Sardinian' as 'Sindarin.'
I do stuff like that all the time... I read something today... what was it... Gah! I can't remember! ... Hmmm...

-When you write "Do the wave for Boromir the Disco King" on the extra paper in the art room, in hopes that a fellow Downie will find it.

_When you write your name in Tengwar on your hand... and science notes... and scetchbook...
Old 09-24-2003, 08:25 PM   #1044
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

When you refer to your boyfriend as "the Elf" since he greatly resembles a Noldo, height, intelligence, technological skills, and everything.

When you choreograph a sword fight with your friend for the Renaissance Faire next school year at your school, just so you can use your very Elvish-looking sword. (Of course I really need to work on my upper-body strength too so he won't kill me or anything.)
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 08:31 PM   #1045
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Quote:
When you choreograph a sword fight with your friend for the Renaissance Faire next school year at your school,
Oooo! You have a Renaissance Faire at your school?! Lucky! I'm going to one this weekend, in Conneticuit. I can't wait for Sunday... I'm going to wear my Elvish dress... if I finish it. And I need ears...

I've spoken of my dress so many times... I'm such a show-off [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2003, 06:24 AM   #1046
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Quote:
Oooh, even more people with new avatars! Arwen1858 and Meneltarmacil, they are quite lovely. Maybe it's new avatar week or something...
Thanks, Goldberry. I just thought that Aragorn avatar was looking kind of old, so I replaced it with the flame. Didn't know there'd be so many people with new avatars though!
Old 09-25-2003, 10:58 AM   #1047
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

When you see something startling, you cry 'Ai! Ai!' like Legolas does.

we're getting close to having 300 posts in this thread! Let's keep it going!
Arwen
Old 09-25-2003, 11:50 AM   #1048
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
And we might go as a club to RotK!!!
NOT FAIR!!! Why are all the groups I'm in led by idiots? Example: for our activity in December, my young women's group is going to go to "enrichment night" with the Relief Society. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] *boring...*. Meanwhile, the Teachers quorum (14-15 year old boys) are going to see RotK on opening day for their group activity! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] IT'S NOT FAIR!!! WHY DO THE YOUNG WOMEN'S LEADERS HAVE TO BE SUCH LOSERS?!?!?! *mutter, rant, fume*

Yeah, I gotta get to class, so I'll be back later!

Abedithon le, a hebo gladhad!

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-25-2003, 02:16 PM   #1049
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
You know you are obsessed when all through English class while you are supposed to be doing more insultingly easy grammar lessons, you are staring at the lovely supply of The Hobbit books on the bookshelf. Then you start quoting lines from The Hobbit, which gets you some strange looks and questions. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

When we finally do read The Hobbit in class, I am going to be sure I read out loud for a lot of the time so people don't mispronounce names and such.

When you practically cry because you remember that it's only September 25, and for the past two days you had been thinking it was October, so it was a whole month closer to November 18. Yes, sometimes I have a little problem with months. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2003, 03:33 PM   #1050
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Quote:
Hey everybody, sorry I've been gone so long. Did you miss me?
I missed you Luthien!

When you have to write an essay about three imaginary friends for school, and you make up three hobbit lasses, Pervinca Oldbuck, Asphodel Bolger, and Marigold Proudfoot. In fact, you go on the Downs when you should be writing said essay (it's already a day late!)

When you're doing one of the new crosswords you see a clue that says "hottest steward" [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] and immediately think of Meela.

You get vey excited when you find out that the french word for Dwarf is Nain. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Guess what! Apparently one of the guys who worked on translating stuff into Quenya and Sindarin for the LotR movies lives in my city and he's giving a talk at the public library in November [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] !!! Now if only a movie theater near me would show FotR, TTT, and RotK back to back for the premiere, my life would be almost perfect!

[ September 25, 2003: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]

[ September 25, 2003: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 09-25-2003, 03:47 PM   #1051
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
When you're doing one of the new crosswords you see a clue that says "hottest steward" and immediately think of Meela.
*giggles*

Today I turned almost all of my archaeology notes into Lotr references.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:20 PM   #1052
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Quote:
I'm going to leave notes in all the Tolkien books in the library that say that (except with Orominuialwen instead of Goldberry)
Oh, I shall do that! Tomorrow, I think. (using the name Elennar Starfire of course!)

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you talk in old English.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't it a blast?
Indeed, it is!

Quote:
Guess what! Apparently one of the guys who worked on translating stuff into Quenya and Sindarin for the LotR movies lives in my city and he's giving a talk at the public library in November!!!
OHHHHH!!!! *Elennar is extremely jealous*
Is there any chance you live in Utah?

When you ask your dance teacher if there's any chance you'll be learning disco. (I shall do this tomorrow) Wave squid at the disco king!

If the reason for writing "TREES" on your hand is that Dom, being obsessed with trees, did that, then we, being obsessed with LotR, should write "LotR" on our hands. Once again, I am doing this tomorrow. Oh, I'm going to be busy!
Old 09-25-2003, 06:48 PM   #1053
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Meneltarmacil, I wish that I went to your school, but I don't because we have only had two meetings thus far. (tomorrow is the third)

--When you, being a cat lover, name every stray cat you see after a LotR character. Thus far, there's a Luthien, an Aredhel, an Idril, a Glorfindel, and a Tom Bom.badil wandering around. Only they don't know it yet.

--When you and some people you hardly know end up having a very loud discussion of LotR very much in public and you end up correcting about half of the pronunciations.

--When you can recite the movie.

--When you have decided that the guy you currently like must be a Ranger because he's unfortunately not handsome enough to be an elf, but he has the grey eyes, dark hair, and weathered look of a Dunedain. (But he certainly sings like an elf. Or an angel. Take your pick.)

--When you plan to call your boyfriend Beren and make him call you Tinuviel. (If I ever get a boyfriend, that is...)

--When you freak out because a sight with pictures of costumes from the movie has a nonexistent character mentioned by name and rant about it for about thirty minutes.
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 07:52 PM   #1054
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Ring

Quote:
When you plan to call your boyfriend Beren and make him call you Tinuviel. (If I ever get a boyfriend, that is...)
Ah, we can dream... It's as my Gaffer always says, "you have to plan for the future!" ...Although I doubt he meant it that way... "Dad, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend, Beren..." ... Don't worry, you'll find someone, love [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Hey Luthien_ Tinuviel, I got the colors on my braces in blue and gold! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks for the idea [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-When you check the for new posts at the Downs before even checking your e-mail

-When you write your state's "standardized test" essay on The Lord of the Rings... *guilty as charged [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] *

Wow... I used so many emoticons in this post...
Old 09-25-2003, 07:58 PM   #1055
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
-When you check the for new posts at the Downs before even checking your e-mail
sounds like me [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

When you wake up in the middle of the night, and feel like crying because you woke up right before the best part of your LotR-related dream. (happened to me last night!!) Although, when I woke up enough to realize I wasn't really Arwen, I felt like crying because of that!

[ September 25, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen1858 ]
Old 09-25-2003, 09:31 PM   #1056
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Quote:
I missed you, Luthien! Welcome back
Why thank you all! I feel so special! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
When we finally do read The Hobbit in class, I am going to be sure I read out loud for a lot of the time so people don't mispronounce names and such.
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
When you practically cry because you remember that it's only September 25, and for the past two days you had been thinking it was October, so it was a whole month closer to November 18. Yes, sometimes I have a little problem with months.
Only one more day until the RoTK trailer online, though. I think....

Quote:
When you have to write an essay about three imaginary friends for school, and you make up three hobbit lasses, Pervinca Oldbuck, Asphodel Bolger, and Marigold Proudfoot. In fact, you go on the Downs when you should be writing said essay (it's already a day late!)
I did that, too! You get really weird looks for naming characters Myrtle and Estella.

Quote:
When you're doing one of the new crosswords you see a clue that says "hottest steward" and immediately think of Meela.
Me too! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Quote:
When you ask your dance teacher if there's any chance you'll be learning disco. (I shall do this tomorrow) Wave squid at the disco king!
And this ties into one of mine: When you are writing a comic book for your own amusement, so of course you pull LOTR characters into it..... By the way, Elennar, everyone in my comic is doing the wave for Boromir the Disco King. Do you mind if I have someone say "Wave kings at Boromir the Disco Squid"?

Quote:
When you, being a cat lover, name every stray cat you see after a LotR character. Thus far, there's a Luthien, an Aredhel, an Idril, a Glorfindel, and a Tom Bom.badil wandering around. Only they don't know it yet.
You should name one Beruthiel. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
When you have decided that the guy you currently like must be a Ranger because he's unfortunately not handsome enough to be an elf, but he has the grey eyes, dark hair, and weathered look of a Dunedain. (But he certainly sings like an elf. Or an angel. Take your pick.)
Captain Von Trapp, by any chance?

Quote:
Hey Luthien_ Tinuviel, I got the colors on my braces in blue and gold! Thanks for the idea
You're welcome! It's so nice to know you inspired someone to do something obssessive....

Quote:
Wow... I used so many emoticons in this post...
I do it all the time.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Now for my additions:

-When you relate everything in your English class to LOTR (Sam is a dynamic character, Gandalf is dynamic, Gwiahir is static....)

-I've worn my ring necklace every day but one for the past two weeks now (or something like that). I've gotten so used to it that I didn't even think to be self-concious going to the store and the library wearing it! That's progress! And a sure way to meet another Downie or get a chance to refer someone..... *plotting*

Old 09-25-2003, 10:20 PM   #1057
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
quote:
When you, being a cat lover, name every stray cat you see after a LotR character. Thus far, there's a Luthien, an Aredhel, an Idril, a Glorfindel, and a Tom Bom.badil wandering around. Only they don't know it yet.

You should name one Beruthiel.
But I haven't seen a Beruthiel; they're all named after the character they most remind me of.

Luthien was grey and lovely, Aredhel was independent and unpredictable, Idril and Glorfindel were both gold tabbies, Tom was high on catnip, I think. But I haven't seen a depressed black cat yet.

Quote:
quote:
When you have decided that the guy you currently like must be a Ranger because he's unfortunately not handsome enough to be an elf, but he has the grey eyes, dark hair, and weathered look of a Dunedain. (But he certainly sings like an elf. Or an angel. Take your pick.)

Captain Von Trapp, by any chance?
Not fair, Luthien, not fair. *blush*

And to make this an on-topic post...

--When you find yourself singing "The Road goes ever on" while walking home from school.

--When your best friend takes one look at you when watching the movie, before you say anything and just says "Don't." You cringe, but obey. (at least, I didn't do it out loud...)

--When you love your English teacher forever because he let you watch EE FotR in class one day. (Sadly, we didn't get to finish.)
Old 09-26-2003, 06:30 AM   #1058
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Quote:
Meneltarmacil, I wish that I went to your school, but I don't because we have only had two meetings thus far. (tomorrow is the third)
You're probably better off where you are, since I am practically the only person at my school who knows anything about LOTR. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2003, 01:01 PM   #1059
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
Is there any chance you live in Utah?
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I do! Whereabouts do you live, Elennar?

Quote:
-I've worn my ring necklace every day but one for the past two weeks now (or something like that). I've gotten so used to it that I didn't even think to be self-concious going to the store and the library wearing it! That's progress!
Heh. I've worn mine every day since I got it, which was...about a year and a half ago. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] In fact, when my youth group was watching the video about when we went on Trek, you could always tell who was me because of the Ring. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Go me!

~Whenever I'm in the library, there are always a bunch of guys there playing Magic: the Gathering, and I keep thinking I hear LotR refences when I know it's a different thing.

~My mom can't stand being in the room with me when I watch Fellowship, owing to the fact that I speak all the lines along with the characters. It drives her nuts. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Abedithon le, a hebo gladhad!

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-26-2003, 01:38 PM   #1060
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

When wonder why you haven't posted on this thread yet-as you have all these amateurs beat by a mile.

When you find yourself angrily quoting the book at the screen- at the theater yet.
"It's yet we may Mr. Frodo, you mop-head!"

Quote:
When you get very hyperly excited because Oddwen has a quote from you in her signature
Ah! I do have a reputation! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

When you feel uneasy about your new non-LotR signature.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:58 PM   #1061
elf-girl-63
Haunting Spirit

elf-girl-63 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

He He He. Some of these are funny. How about:

-You go on a geography field trip and the scenery is like Rohan at the beginning of the 2nd movie and imagine Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli running round the hills. When you tell your friends, they finish your sentence for you.

-Returning from the said field trip, you notice a shop called Rohan and your said friends say 'We know Francesca.'

-A few nights later you are telling your mum about the said shop and she says she knows too! And its a chain of shops. You then ask for some clothes from this shop. (She laughs)

-In Maths, you are doing simultaneous equations but instead continually write 'Silm....'

-At school on a huge board you see the name 'Proudfoot' and are hyper for the rest of the day.

-Your dad calls your dog (named george) Smaugy and explain who that actually is.

-At a meal when your only brother is out at the cinema, you manage to turn every subject to LOTR and keep it there until you start eating again. The brother being out is good because he turns everything away from LOTR. Nasssty, isnt he precious?

I think thats it for the day. Hmmmm

[ September 26, 2003: Message edited by: elf-girl-63 ]

All that is gold does not glitter...
elf-girl-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 02:17 PM   #1062
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

]
Quote:
When wonder why you haven't posted on this thread yet-as you have all these amateurs beat by a mile.
Amateurs?!?! Have you read the whole thread, Oddwen? And the thread before that? And the thread before that? I thought not! Then comment not at will on our expertise. Obssessive is as obssessive does.

Quote:
It's yet we may Mr. Frodo, you mop-head!"
Mop-head?!? Someone's got some explaining to do! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

And so as not to make this an irate post, we love ya, Oddwen. But please don't call people mopheads for no reason. He's very sensitive, you see. He's sniffling as we speak. And I'm running out of tissues. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2003, 03:12 PM   #1063
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Many pardons if I have offended you. *bows*
Mea Culpa.
Quote:
Amateurs
I did not mean that in an offensive or belittling way. Just sarcastic. I have trouble being serious.

I dearly love Sam, and would never call him a mophead intentionally, it's just a temporary moment of seething against scriptwriters for not totally ruining but just twisting one of my favorite quotes so that it isn't anymore. I tend to take things out on the actors.

So, in short, forgive my arrogance, ignorance, and salty language, dear friends.

I would offer you an extra box of tissues, but I'm using them at the moment. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2003, 03:37 PM   #1064
Arwen Evenstar

Arwen Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen Evenstar Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Evenstar
Sting

You know you are obsessed with LotR when you canstantly insult LotR haters in elvish. Whan your room is plastered with LotR pictures. When you say "What in the Shire is that?!", "What the Mordor", "Namarie", "What`s it doing?! You stupid, fat Hobbit! It Ruins it!","Go kiss an orc!", and "By Sauron, I`ll get you!" HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry, I`m a bit, ahem, I mean, EXTREMELY CRAZY!!!!!!!!) I also like to rehearse scenes out of the movies, just to annoy my brother and friends. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Arwen Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 04:08 PM   #1065
Arothir
Wight

Arothir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When you're the only Tolkien fan at your school, and you get chills reading passages in the Lays of Beleriand. Also when you stop explaining the difference between LotR and HoME
Arothir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 04:10 PM   #1066
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
So, in short, forgive my arrogance, ignorance, and salty language, dear friends.

I would offer you an extra box of tissues, but I'm using them at the moment.
Thanks for that Oddwen. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I am no longer offended in the least. You have trouble being serious, and I have trouble being sarcastic in writing. I suppose that's what smiley faces are for. What would we do without them? I look forward to hearing about your obssessive acts! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2003, 04:19 PM   #1067
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Returning from the said field trip, you notice a shop called Rohan and your said friends say 'We know Francesca.'
My whole family was in the van last week, and while we were out, I caused my mom to think I had gone insane. I saw a place called Mirkwood flooring and Interior!! So I started talking to myself about it, then just started laughing. My mom looked at me like I was crazy. Then again, I probably am! Most of us on here probably are [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2003, 04:48 PM   #1068
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Whereabouts do you live, Elennar?
Logan, I go to Logan High School.

hmm, obsessiveness...

I scared a guy today with a gollum imitation. Also at the pep rally (its homecoming week at my school, blah) I yelled "bado orch echado meleth" (go kiss an orc) at the cheerleaders. I don't lke the cheerleaders much, can you tell? (no offense if any of you are cheerleaders, I don't like the ones at my school)
Old 09-26-2003, 05:09 PM   #1069
Naz
Shade of Carn Dûm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
--When you find yourself singing "The Road goes ever on" while walking home from school.
*guilty* ^ ^;;;

-When you start making a manga of a LotR Road Trip... ( ^ ^;;; )
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 05:56 PM   #1070
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Elennar, what a wonderful idea! I should do that (it's homecoming week at my school too. Unfortunately, my school's name is not Logan. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] )

--When your sci-fi club ends up discussing LotR across the room very loudly, with the actual sci-fi fans looking rather lost and bewildered.

--You shout "WAVE KINGS AT BOROMIR THE DISCO SQUID!!!" at the top of your lungs at random moments.

--When you almost physically attack someone who says she hates LotR.

--When your best friend is so used to that sort of thing that she restrains you almost before you act.

--When you write an essay for AP English comparing Frodo and Beowulf.

[ September 26, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Old 09-26-2003, 08:43 PM   #1071
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

When any word that starts Cele, you pronounce Kele

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 08:48 PM   #1072
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Returning from the said field trip, you notice a shop called Rohan and your said friends say 'We know Francesca.'
While in Sydney on my holiday i was sailing on the harbour and i saw another little sailing boat called The Hobbit I went nuts! My mum just rolled her eyes.

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:52 PM   #1073
Elmirwen

You know your obsessed with LOTR when, while sitting up in a tree at two in the morning(just like the elves of the golden wood *sigh*), you decide to assign everyone you know an "inner middle-earth character" ...then take a year to decide on one for yourself... Eyown was my final choice...
Old 09-26-2003, 10:46 PM   #1074
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Here's a couple:

You know you're obsessed with LOTR when you get marked off on an English paper for misspelling 'mellon'.

You know you're obsessed with LOTR when your fencing equipment has names like 'Orcrist', 'Anduril', and 'Bill the Pony'. And other fencers who haven't read the books start calling them by their names.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:11 PM   #1075
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

When you and your friend go to see a movie just to see the ROTK trailer. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] (only 12 and a half hours left til we go!)
Old 09-26-2003, 11:13 PM   #1076
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
Logan, I go to Logan High School.
Phoo. I live down in Riverton (near Sandy), and go to Riverton High School. (Methinks they have a hard time coming up with original school names here...)
Quote:
Also at the pep rally (its homecoming week at my school, blah) I yelled "bado orch echado meleth" (go kiss an orc) at the cheerleaders. I don't lke the cheerleaders much, can you tell? (no offense if any of you are cheerleaders, I don't like the ones at my school)
Heh, I so gotta do that sometime. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] I hate cheerleaders. And there are some guys at my school that do look like orcs, so...
Quote:
When you start making a manga of a LotR Road Trip... ( ^ ^;;; )
Wheee! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Right on! You'll have to let me see some of it later.

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~

[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Sapphire_Flame ]
Old 09-27-2003, 10:52 AM   #1077
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
(Methinks they have a hard time coming up with original school names here...)
Indeed. People can be so uncreative.

Quote:
And there are some guys at my school that do look like orcs, so...
*gets mental picture of cheerleaders making out with orcs* EEEWWWW!!!!! That was disturbing! Poor orcs! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

The notes I made to put in Tolkien books say:

Wave squid at Boromir the disco king!
www.barrowdowns.com
PM Elennar Starfire!

I included www.barrowdowns.com for the people who don't know about it yet, so they can come here too!

Edit: It turned into a link! weird!

You know you're obsessed when you notice that if you move one space in 'one ring to rule them all' you get 'one ring to rule the mall.' You then proceed to parody the entire ring poem by moving spaces, and writing things how they sound. It's pretty dumb, but here it is:

Three rings for the elven king sunder the sky,
Seven for the dwarf lord sin their halls of stone,
Nine former tall men doomed to die,
One fort he, dark lord, honest dark thrown,
In the land of more door where the shadows lie.
On erring to rule the mall,
On erring to find them,
On erring tub ring the mall,
A din the darkness bind them,
In the land of more door where the shadows lie.

I was tired. When I'm tired my brain does weird things. (like thinking my math teacher sounds like a bagpipe, and bagpipes look like turkeys. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] so I thought about turkeys shouting math problems at me, instead of doing my assignment.)

[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Elennar Starfire ]
Old 09-27-2003, 10:59 AM   #1078
Naz
Shade of Carn Dûm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When you see something reading "Nolo News" you think it says "Noldor News". ^ ^;

Sapphire-- IF we ever get a new scanner or get this old one to be undead, then I'll be able to show the LotR road trip manga.

Oh, & a question: Even though I wasn't around when Boromir was crowned Disco King, can I still have something on the side of my binder that says in all caps DO THE WAVE FOR BOROMIR THE DISCO KING!!! with a squid beneath it? (which has earned me 2 weird looks thus far^ ^)

Wow, I started a new page on this page!! ^ ^ eheheh...^ ^;;

[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Naz ]

[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Naz ]
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 01:28 PM   #1079
Arothir
Wight

Arothir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I feel so stupid for asking this, but what's with this whole Boromir the Disco King? Could someone please explain it to me? You know you're obsessed with LotR when you go through the History of the Lord of the Rings and understand most of it too!
Arothir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 01:52 PM   #1080
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Sting

Go here and it will all be explained to you. The madness starts on page three.

You know you're obsessed when:

You get a job at BK solely for the fact that they are going to promote FotR.

You keep all frycartons, tray liners, cups, etc. from said promotion.

The owner of the store gives you first dibs on said promotional posters.

You cry because you are not eligible for the contest held at BK.

You are asked "Hey Alice, anything new on the LotR front?"

You constantly wonder why a Nazgul was not featured in the "Ring of Power" BK toys, and Celeborn was.

You kept a running countdown on FotR and TTT.

Said countdown was spoiled because someone kept either taking your doodled napkins down, or writing "evil" on them.

You only want your driver's licence so that you can drive yourself to the theater to see RotK. (I've got til the eleventh!)

You are going to make a LotR spoof starring the dog.

Umm...that's all the ones I can think of at the moment.