The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-16-2005, 07:13 PM   #1241
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
L please
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:25 AM   #1242
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
T with S T

S, please
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 08:44 AM   #1243
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"e"s, please.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:15 PM   #1244
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
STOLE

"--/ t--s/ -l-t-e----/ ------/ -oes-'t/ -o/ ----/ -t/ o--e/, ---/ --/ -e/ e-e-/ so/ ----/ -s/ ----les/ --/ t-e/ se-/ -----/, -/ s--ll/ -o-e/ o-t/; ---/ -/ s--ll/ e-t/ ---/ ---st/, ---/ t-e-/ -/ s--ll/ --o--/ e-e--t----/ to/ --------/ s--t-e-ee-s/."

I guess Esty will see it now...
Old 11-17-2005, 02:13 PM   #1245
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Quote:
If this blithering wizard doesn't go away at once, and if he ever so much as paddles in the sea again, I shall COME OUT; and I shall eat him first, and then I shall knock everything to dripping smithereens.
The Sea-serpent, speaking of Artaxerxes in Roverandom

(It took me awhile to figure out 'smithereens' - not exactly an everyday word! After that, it was easy.)
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 11-17-2005, 02:40 PM   #1246
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up correct

I always thought this was a funny word!
Old 11-17-2005, 03:05 PM   #1247
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Hmmmm, this seems appropriate to this thread:
Quote:
---- -- -- ----------- -- ---- ------, --- ----, --, ------------ ----- --- ------- ---- ---- --- -----.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:11 PM   #1248
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Are there any O's ?
Old 11-17-2005, 03:15 PM   #1249
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O yes

----- -- -- ----------- o- ---- ------, --- -o--, --, ------------ ----- --- ------- ---o --o- --- --o--.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:24 PM   #1250
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

N please
Old 11-17-2005, 03:30 PM   #1251
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O N

----- -- -n -n--------n on ---- ------, -n- -o--, --, ------------ ---n- --- ------- ---o --on --- --o--.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:51 PM   #1252
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

and S please
Old 11-17-2005, 03:57 PM   #1253
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S O N

----- -s -n -ns-------n on ---s s-----, -n- so--, --, ------------ s--ns --- --s---- --so --on --- s-o--.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:12 PM   #1254
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
I please
Old 11-18-2005, 01:14 AM   #1255
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S O N I

----- is -n ins--i--i-n on --is s-----, -n- so--, --, --i-----i--- si-ns --- -isi--- --so --on --- s-o--.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:35 PM   #1256
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

T please
Old 11-18-2005, 12:47 PM   #1257
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S O N I T

T---- is -n ins--i-ti-n on t-is s---t-, -n- so--, --, --i-----i--- si-ns --- -isi--- --so --on t-- s-o--.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:43 PM   #1258
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Ah! (I wondered what that 2-letter word could be )

" There is an inscription on this sheath, and some, ah, epigraphical signs are visible also upon the sword."

The parson of Ham to Farmer Giles.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:37 PM   #1259
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Yes indeed, Guinevere! I thought the parson sounds like I feel sometimes, puzzling over the letters to make sense of them. Your turn.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:09 PM   #1260
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I hope this question is not too short...

"----/ ---/ ----/ ------/ ---/ --------/ ----/ -------/ ------ ?"
Old 11-19-2005, 01:15 PM   #1261
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

You know the classic answer to that question! Length doesn't matter, of course...

Let's see, for a change, please start with N.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:14 PM   #1262
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

and an H
Old 11-21-2005, 09:28 AM   #1263
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"o"s?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:44 AM   #1264
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

NOH

"H---/ -o-/ ---n/ h-----/ -n-/ --------/ ----/ -------/ ------ ?"
Old 11-21-2005, 12:54 PM   #1265
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R there any Rs?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:20 PM   #1266
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

HNOR

"H---/ -o-/ ---n/ h-----/ -n-/ ---rr---/ ----/ ----r--/ ------ ?"
Old 11-21-2005, 06:37 PM   #1267
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

E's?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:39 AM   #1268
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and Ls, please.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:20 AM   #1269
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"a's?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:44 PM   #1270
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

H ELANOR (and a N and a H which I had overlooked...sorry!)

"Ha-e/ -o-/ -een/ ha--n-/ an-/ --arrel-/ ---h/ ---ar--/ la-el- ?"
Old 11-22-2005, 03:38 PM   #1271
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Now it's easy!
Quote:
Have you been having any quarrels with wizards lately?
Psamathos to Roverandom
Old 11-23-2005, 03:25 AM   #1272
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Yep, exactly.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:31 PM   #1273
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Try this one:
Quote:
---! ------ --- ---- ---- --- --- -------! --- ----- --- ----- --- ---- -- -----
Old 11-23-2005, 03:45 PM   #1274
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

A please, to start with.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:52 PM   #1275
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A Ok!

---! -a---- a-- ---- ---- --- a-- -------! --- --a-- a-- ----- a-- ---- -- -----
Old 11-24-2005, 01:36 PM   #1276
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

N's please
Old 11-24-2005, 01:41 PM   #1277
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A N

---! -a---- an- ---- ---- --- an- -------! --- --a-- a-- ----- an- ---- -- -----
Old 11-24-2005, 01:49 PM   #1278
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

How about some T ?
Old 11-25-2005, 06:56 AM   #1279
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A N T

---! -att-- an- ---- ---- --t an- -------! T-- --a-- a-- ----- an- ---t -- ----t
Old 11-25-2005, 09:37 AM   #1280
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

D please