Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2003, 05:18 PM   #321
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

NEW INNKEEPER STORYLINE

Amanaduial's post:

Aman sighed with relief as she came to the gates of Bree. She had travelled from Rohan, not a short or easy journey by any means. Knocking on the door with her oak staff, she shivered slightly in the rain, pulling her grey cloak a little tighter around her slim body. After a second, a flap in the gates snapped back to reveal part of the pudgy watchmans face inside.

"What is your business here, young missus?" His homely voice asked routinely. Aman smiled. The watchmen didnt change much, even over all the years since she had last visited this part of the woods.

"My name is Aman. I am travelling to the Shire to see an old friends and, quite possibly, some new ones as well." Aman smiled as she said this. Pio was indeed an old friend, the pair had known each other for a long time, and the Innkeeper had sent a message to Aman when she had been in Rohan, telling her of her pregnancy. She had anticipated her calling on her some time in the future and so had set out towards the Shire some time ago, in a rather slow and rambling way. The gatekeeper eyed the young woman once more, trying to see her face more clearly under the grey hood which Aman had pulled up against the rain. After a second he nodded.

"Alright then, miss. If you're looking for a place to stay, the Pony is still as excellent a place as ever to stay." The gate door swung open and she walked in. The rain chose this moment to start coming down full pelt, forcing Aman to run, clutching at her staff in one hand and keeping her hood up with the other. She made her way through the slippery, cobbled streets by memory, stopping outside an old building. Glancing up against the onslaught, she was relieved to see the sign of the Prancing Pony being battered by the wind and the rain. Sighing with relief, the young woman pushed open the door of the Inn with her staff and stepped inside, lowering her grey hood to let out a mass of nut brown hair and reveal bright green eyes, set in a pale, slim face.

"Butterbur, could I have a room for a few nights please?" She inquired at the desk. The homely looking old innkeeper squinted through his glasses at her for a moment, then recognised her.

"Aman! Aye, of course, anything for an old aquaintance. How many nights may I ask?"

A cheer from the other side of the bar caught Aman's attention, and she saw a young hobbit climb precariously onto a table, supported by a few friends. His righted himself cleared his throat, using his mug of beer to gesture wildly as he spoke.

"I would like to make a toast!" He called out over the room. The men and hobbits alike cheered wildly at this, all generally happy. Aman was curious; it was evident there had already been an announcement of some kind in the bar that night, for the merrymakers had to have been here for a while to get so red faced. The hobbit seemed encouraged by this cheer and, beaming, he went on. "I would like to make this toast to the good lady Piosenniel of the Green Dragon in the Shire!"

More wild cheering, quieted down by the hobbit. Aman smiled; she knew what was coming next. "For, as you have all heard earlier....Pio is expecting! Twins, no less!"

This time the cheering was almost deafening. The hobbit raised his mug in the air, spilling half the contents in the process and called over the cheers, "To the lady innkeeper of the Dragon and her twins!"

"I will heartily second that," Aman murmered, before turning her attention back to Butterbur, still waiting expectantly for her answer. "Could I have a room for, ooh, three nights?"

"You can, Aman. Just along the corridor, turn right-"

"-And its the second door on your left." Aman finished, grinning, and took the key from the innkeeper. "Just one more thing please Butterbur: could you send a message to Piosenniel of the Dragon, telling her I'm here?"

"Can do, Miss, can do. Anything else?"

"No, thankyou, that will be everything. I think I'll just retire to bed, I think. Goodnight." Smiling once more at the innkeeper, Aman took a candle offered by the innkeeper, and went to her room, still smiling. Looking out of the window in the direction of the Shire through the dark night, she fancied she could see the lights of the Green Dragon there. She nodded in a small salute and sighed.

"Sleep well, Pio. Soon I will come to you." She murmured, before retiring to bed.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:20 PM   #322
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

NEW INNKEEPER STORYLINE

Derufin had not answered Pio's question as yet, and she did not push him. She considered the fact that he had not said he must leave soon a good sign. And when they had reached the Inn and gone in, she bade him good night and a good rest, and hoped that she would see him tomorrow.

She returned to her rooms and the comfort of her chair by the window. A thick shawl lay across the back of the chair, and she pulled it round her shoulders. The night’s breeze was still cool, coming from the east. It brought in a myriad of summer scents, daphne and the cool scent of The Water the strongest.

Pio let her mind drift out. Mithadan was near! He was sleeping and would be here by tomorrow. She longed to wake him, but thought better of it. Let him sleep, and come early to me.

Smiling, she settled down further into the folds of the chair. Just on the verge of falling asleep, another line of thought came through. Her eyes flew open, and she sat up grinning from ear to ear. ‘By the One!’

Sleep well, Pio. Soon I will come to you. And that followed by a laugh, and the brief glimpse of bright green eyes and long, nut brown hair.

Aman! Her old friend was close to the Shire, and only a few days behind Mithadan. So, she had received her message about the birth of the twins. ‘I wonder if she also received the one about the Green Dragon needing a new Innkeeper once the babies are here?’

Pio wrapped the shawl closer about her and thought how long it had been since she had seen her. Another lifetime ago, she thought, before she had met Mithadan and Cami and sailed on the Lonely Star. Before time had twisted for her, and brought them backward and then forward.

She remembered the young woman fondly. Garulf, the one who had given her Rochfalmar, had introduced them on one of Pio’s stays in the Riddermark. She thought on the first time she had seen her. Garulf had pointed out a figure riding toward them across the fields.

Horse and rider seemed one. The young woman rode without a saddle or bridle. Pio’s eyebrows had risen as she considered the familiarity of the animal and the girl, for that is how she thought of her then. They are so close, she thought, that each can read the other’s moves and moods, their thoughts and wishes.

Pio was surprised when the girl halted her horse before them, hailed Garulf and dismounted. She was tiny! About 5 feet 3 inches, but very strong. Aman was introduced to her, and she found it interesting that the girl did not have that awe of Elves so common to the Mannish races. Instead, she felt a certain level of curiosity come from her and the sense that Aman would be willing to accept her on whatever level she presented herself. She had, too, an amusing side to her. And during the course of the conversation with Garulf, the girl made many wisecracks, nearly driving the man to distraction as he tried to keep up with her nimble mind.

In frustration, Garulf had foisted Aman on Pio, making the excuse that he had business to attend to, and would Aman like to show Pio the new foals in the stable. Aman had laughed as had Pio at his discomfiture, and said he need not worry about them they would get on well without him.

And get on well, they did. Over the next few days they became fast friends, finding much in common. Both had a dry sense of humor which others often took amiss, and both were strong-willed. Luckily, they had not come to blows during any of their disagreements – one or the other would lift the gravity of the situation or discussion with a humorously pointed remark and the other would respond in kind. Most of their battles, ended in laughter and were washed away with a pint of ale from the White Horse.

And now her old friend was bound for Bywater! Pio reached out to her, touching her dreams.

And you Aman, sleep well also. I will be here, waiting.

[ April 15, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 04-15-2003, 05:29 PM   #323
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

NEW INKEEPER STORYLINE

During this week, I will be introducing Amanaduial the Archer's character, 'Aman', who is coming on next Monday as The Green Dragon's new Assistant Innkeeper.

Aman is gone on vacation this week, so she left me that first post and a character description:

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Profile for Aman, Asst. Innkeeper

Name: Aman

Race: human

Description: Aman is an old friend of Piosenniel. When she recieved word of
Piosenniel's pregnancy, she started travelling in a rather rambling way to the Shire from her home in Rohan, anticipating her friend would soon call on her. Sure enough, when she was staying in Bree, she received word that the owner of the Green Dragon was expecting twins and would soon give birth, leaving no one in the place of Innkeeper. So she started towards the Inn at a quicker pace.

Aman is quite short, about 5ft 3 but strong, from her many travels. Brilliant green eyes, long, nut brown hair. She is quick to laugh and to make a joke, and very approachable, and quite easy to talk to. She tells little about herself, her past being known by Pio, but by few others, but this doesn’t mean she isn’t curious about other peoples, but not to the extent of being incredibly nosy.

Piosenniel, the present Innkeeper, will be having her twins and will not be as present in the Inn (except when her trusty sword of Deletion is required! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

Aman will be a great addition to the Shire Staff, and will prove a wonderful resource to Gamers of all levels of ability.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:04 PM   #324
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Fawian finnished her stew and listened to the merriment around her, she smiled and fills her cup.Sits back to enjoy the evening and rest her weary bones

She looks around for someone to talk to. Maybe other rangers, it has been long since she has had good company.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:03 PM   #325
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Nurumaiel slowed Menethon to a walk and quickly dismounted. A smile on her face, she half-ran to the door of the inn. It had been too long, she thought, though it had only been a few months since she had left. Pushing open the door, she wondered which one of her friends were still her. Belladonna, a hobbit woman... Rie, the red-headed young woman with a wonderful personality... Donnamira, or Don, the hobbit girl she had befriended, and, along with Rie, hidden from her angry aunt. Pio, the innkeeper, there was as well. Nuru could well remember helping her in the kitchen when she saw how busy the Elf was. Had she had her twins yet? And there were others besides them whose names had slipped from her mind. The Green Dragon had always been a place to make new friends and find old ones.

Nurumaiel Firithbor was tall and slender with light brown hair that fell to her waist and bright blue eyes. She was an Elf from Rivendell, but for some reason she didn't yet understand, she was often mistaken for a Man rather than an Elf. She didn't know much about her past, if you could say that. Perhaps it would be more appropriate to say nothing of her birth was known. She had been raised in Lothlorien by an Elf named Rinnanwen, but she had been told that she was not born there. She had a longing for adventure and so she had traveled from Rivendell often. To Rohan and Lothlorien, and she went to the Shire as much as she possibly could. She had met a young hobbit named Robin Brandybuck once when the lass had gone to Rivendell. An odd thing for a hobbit to do, but Robin was much like herself. She had always wanted to see Imladris, and so one day she got up, packed, and went there. Now Nuru often traveled to the Shire to visit Robin and her friend- no, her husband Dinodas. She hadn't seen Robin and Dinodas in a long while now and from what she had heard they had three children and another one was on the way.

Nuru cast back the dark hood she was wearing as she entered the inn and glanced quickly around the busy room, trying to locate any of her friends. There was a redhead sitting at the table. Nuru hurried forward with a soft call of, "Rie?" The redhead turned and Nuru saw that it was not Rie, but a man. Yet he looked almost exactly like her. "Please accept my apologies," said Nuru with a little bow. "I mistook you for an old friend of mine."

"Did you say the name Rie?" the man asked eagerly. Too eagerly, Nuru thought. There must be something concerning him and Rie. He obviously knew her, and he looked so much like her…

"Yes, I did," the Elf replied. "I met her a few months back here, and you looked so much like her that I thought for a moment you were her. Of course when you turned around I saw - "

"Of course," the man interrupted. "Tell me… is Rie here?"

"How should I know if she's still here?" Nuru demanded. "I haven't been here for months, remember, and I haven't seen her at Rivendell, most certainly." She paused for a moment, debating whether she should ask the question that was most on her mind. "Why do you care? Are you a friend of Rie's?"

"Do I look like a friend?" the man asked with a laugh. "It seems as though 'are you a relative' would be more appropriate. I'm Rie's twin brother."

"Oh, I see," said Nuru, backing up a few paces, resisting the urge to put her hand to her mouth. She knew she had said too much. The last thing Rie wanted was for her twin brother to find her. "Well, maybe she's still around… now I have to go get something to eat… I've had a long journey… and…"

"I understand completely," said the man with an amused smile. "If you see Rie around, let me know at once?"

"I… suppose…" Nuru gave a quick nod and retreated to the counter, hoping she could find Pio there. After all, she thought, the nod was only a nod of parting, not of an agreement. I won't betray Rie, of course. But I wish I could find her…
Old 04-15-2003, 09:01 PM   #326
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When the Elf left, Talômi slouched in his chair with a frustrated sigh. She didn't trust him. He had been too eager. He laughed bitterly. Come to think of it, he wouldn't have trusted him, the way he had acted.

Months ago. Rie might have left months ago. He buried his face in his hands, his elbows propped up on the table. He should just leave. But he couldn't. He had to find his sister.

Rie wiped her eyes and fixed her hair. It had grown over the months, and was far enough past her shoulders that she could pull it into a braid. Just to look nice, she tucked a sprig of wildflowers that Don had at the foot of her bed into the ribbon that tied it off. She was going downstairs. She would get some water, and if Talômi was there and saw her, so be it. She'd be seen, and she would have to deal with it.

She couldn't help avoiding the common room, though, and slipped into the kitchen to get a glass of water. But while she was in there, she saw a young Elven maiden with light brown hair, a tall Elf, and her eyes were blue...

Rie's own green eyes widened to the size of saucers, and she nearly dropped the glass. Still full, she set it in the sink carefully and bolted out of the kitchen.

Without announcing her presence, the young redhead flung her arms around her old friend's neck. "Nuru!" she cried, but her voice was hoarse with emotion. "Valar help me, Nuru, but you don't know how much I've missed you! You're back! I'm so glad you're back!"
Old 04-15-2003, 11:40 PM   #327
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Morwyn made her way back into the inn slowly, rubbing her hands on her skirt at the sides. Seeing Nahai still seated at the table she walked over, feeling a little hesitant after the rudeness of her sudden departure.

When she reached the table she laid the flute down, and said, "I must run to my room." She laughed ruefully, "I have been in the stable, and I'm afraid my hands are filthy and I smell like a horse." She held up palms rimmed with dirt as evidence. Nahai laughed, "Lady Morwyn! You are filthy!" she exclaimed. Nodding emphatically Morwyn climbed the stairs to her room.

When she got there she brushed the dark hair from her clothes as best as she could, and rinsed her hands and face in the basin. The dirt from Leofa's legs didn't come off with rinsing, so she took the brown soap from the table and scrubbed. When she was clean she went to her pack. She rummaged inside it. She had few things of beauty or value; no rings, no wooden flutes. She gently touched the silver locket on her neck. It contained hair from Alric and Freya. It was truly the only thing of value she had. Frustrated she flung the pack back on the bed. She knew Nahai didn't expect a gift in return, but Morwyn had been touched by the music of the flute, and desperately wanted to give something back.

As the pack hit the bed she heard the clank of metal inside it. Morwyn gazed at it, puzzled. What was in there that still clanged? She looked at the former contents of the pack strewed out around the room. Everything metal she owned was somewhere on the floor. She reached inside the pack, carefully. Pushing her fingers to the very deepest corner she found cold metal embedded in the lining. Digging with her fingers she pulled it out. Bells, a small garland of silver bells, came out of the lining of her pack. Morwyn stared at them as they lay in her hand. They must have slipped through a hole in the lining.

Morwyn closed her fist around the bells, and pressed them to her lips. They'd been Freya's, Morwyn had entertained her with the flashing silver and the jingling noises. She smiled, against the cool metal. A gift of music for Nahai...

She descended the stairs two at a time in her hurry to return to her friend. She arrived in the common room flushed and breathing heavily. Nahai gave her a startled glance as she approached the table. Morwyn smiled and inwardly chided herself on her juvenile behavior, smoothing and straightening her hair.

"All clean?" Nahai enquired, jokingly. Morwyn held up her palms for inspection. Nahai nodded, like a stern parent. "You may eat then."

Becoming serious, Morwyn glanced up at Nahai. The other woman caught the change in tone and looked at her enquiringly. "I have brought you a gift of music..." she smiled awkwardly, not knowing how to continue, "the silver sound of laughter..." Freya's pudgy pink cheeks and laughing mouth flashed through her memory. She pushed the bells across the table toward Nahai. The wooden surface muted their tinkling.

"To remind you, that frienship must not always bring loss."
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 04-16-2003, 12:31 PM   #328
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai looked at Morwyn, touched. She had a sneaking suspicion that these bells held great sentimental value to Morwyn.

"You did not need to give me anything in return," she said. "The flute was a gift."

"As is this," Morwyn replied stoutly, not allowing room for further arguement. "A gift among friends." Their eyes met, and for a moment, it looked as though the Beorning would once again weep. But these tears would not have been of sadness. She was truly touched by this act of friendship.

Slowly her fingers closed around the sparkling garland of bells, their musical tones slightly muffled by her hand. She raised them to her heart, the sunlight dancing merrily across their silver surfaces. A dangling bell chimed once, then twice, it's light, joyous sound ringing loud and clear above the rest of the bar's noise. She smiled again, her eyes faintly glistening. She opened her mouth to speak, then closed it as the words never came. She gave a short laugh.

"Words fail to express how thankful I am, Lady Morwyn." she said. Then she was once again serious. "Your gift means much to me." Only one other person had ever presented her with such a gift, and that was Celecu. Before he had given her the silver ring, he left her a wonderful and magical gift, a wooden flute. One she played to remember him by, and passed on to someone who needed it more than she.

Nahai wrapped the bells around her left wrist, creating a kind of makeshift bracelet that sang in a joyous chorus of laughter every time she moved her hand. The gift of music was great indeed.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:34 PM   #329
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

"Valar help me, Nuru, but you don't know how much I've missed you! You're back! I'm so glad you're back!"

Nuru suppressed a scream of surprise and took Rie's arms off her neck, holding the woman back at arm's length. Then a wide smile slowly came to her face and she embraced Rie, saying, "Oh, Rie, you're still here? When I arrived I was certain you had left!" Then the smile disappeared and was replaced with a deep frown. "Rie, I saw your twin brother. I'm afraid I told him a little too much before I found out who he was… he knows that you might be here."

"Talômi?" Rie nodded. "Yes, I know he's here. Don told me."

"What are you doing down here, then? Shouldn't you be back in your room, where he can't find you?" Nuru was greatly concerned. She didn't know what type of man Talômi was, but the last thing she wanted was to see Rie dragged home against her will.

"He could find me in my room," said Rie. "All he would have to do is ask Pio for me. The three of us -you, Don, and myself- are the only ones that know I'm hiding from him. So Don took me up to her room to hide."

Nuru nodded approvingly. "She's a clever lass, isn't she?" Then she stopped, her eyes wide. She saw Talômi walking in their direction. "I think we were a little too loud, Rie," she said. "You go right back up to Don's room and I'll try to stop him for awhile." She slipped through the kitchen and came out behind Talômi. Taking his arm, she said, "Excuse me, I need to talk to you."

He turned a little startled. "Oh, it's you?" He put a smile on his face, determined to be more casual this time and see what he could get out of her. After all, if she were a friend of Rie's, wouldn't she want to help him? Unless Rie had said something… I don't care what she said to anyone, he thought. I have to find her. As he greeted the Elf kindly, he felt rather guilty, being friendly to her just to find Rie's whereabouts. No, that's not true. If she is a friend of Rie's, then I'm more than eager to meet her and befriend her.

"Well," said Nuru smilingly, trying hard to keep from looking at Rie, who was still standing there, watching the two, "I think I might be able to help you find Rie."

"That's very kind of you," said Talômi. "But first wouldn't you like to get a drink? I'm sure you're very tired from your journey. After all, Rivendell is a long way away."

"Hannad le," Nuru replied with a smile. "That would be wonderful." As he brought her to his table she smiled. If he thought he could find out where Rie was from her, he was much mistaken. But to sit at his table and have a drink with him would give Rie even more time to go back up to Don's room and think things over.

"I just wanted to tell you that I spoke with Pio about Rie," said Nuru, unashamed of her lie, "and she says that your sister is still here. What's more, she gave me her room number."

"Oh? What is it?" Talômi tried to hide the eagerness in his voice.

Nuru pretended to think for a moment, and then she shook her head. "I can't seem to remember. Maybe it will come back to me after a cool drink. But at least we know Rie is here."

"Yes, at least we know that much." He offered her a chair. As she sat down, she glanced over her shoulder and saw that Rie was still there. She gave a quick motion with her hand, hoping that Rie would go back to Don's room. Then she turned back to Talômi, praying that in the conversation that was to come she wouldn't say anything she didn't mean to. I won't betray Rie…

Fixing a smile on her face, she began. "Talômi, what makes you so anxious to find Rie?"
Old 04-16-2003, 01:46 PM   #330
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

annalaliath looked up from her study of her drink, " My Tale is not like yours." she started ," I grew up in Lorien. My father was a watchman on the borders and my mother was an Elf from Rivendell.

"My mother travled alot between the two places. So when i was born it was on the road between. This was differnt. When the time of my nameing took place my father named me Annalaliath. He named me this because i braught laugheter to those around me. I tended to go with my mother on her trips so i came accostued to the beuties of both places. But my heart was truly in Lorien. There were not many other children there to play with so i spent my time learning. When I went to Rivendell there was, of course, a few children there to share my time with. Those were happy days. The mirrors and pools of Lorien helped me in my growth, and the Libraries and children in Rivendell helped me learn.

On one of these trips Mother and I came back to Lorien only to find my father had gone missing. My mother in her greif left me in the care of the Lady and went to serch for him. None have seen her sence. So this is my fate, I hace decided, to find out what happend to them."

Annalaliath looked up from the wood of the table she had been staring at, " The child is me."

She braught forth her sword once again, " this is Annungalad, I said it was made by an old freind." she smiled, " He was realy my first love, but as things go youthful passion wears away. But we stayed freinds, now he is even wed. I am gla for him." she sighed , " And now shall we speak of lighter things?"

She looked up to Morwen, as she had come over, " And now we will speak on music." Annalaliath braught forth her own small flute and played a delightful melody on the small silver thing. The notes pouring forth like tiny silver raindrops.

[ April 16, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 04-16-2003, 02:01 PM   #331
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

Rie watched as Nuru sat down with her brother, then slipped away back upstairs. She closed the door quietly behind her. She didn't know why she bothered, there was no way that Talômi could hear her from downstairs. She laughed at herself. Even if he had heard, why would it matter? She could just see her brother bolting upright in his chair, with a knowing smile on his face: "Aha! That door slamming was my sister!"

Her grin slipped off of her face. She was always running. Always running. Maybe for once she should just go and face her fears.

But it was so much easier not to.

"Talômi, what makes you so anxious to find Rie?"

The young man ran his fingers through his red hair, and sighed. "Well, Miss--I don't think I caught your name." Way to stall, he thought.

"Nurumaiel Firithbor," the Elf said, unwilling to be deterred. Her patient blue gaze told him that if he took all night to answer her question, she'd sit and wait for it.

"As you know, Rie's my twin," he continued. He was struggling to find the right words. "Everything we did as children, we did together. I was like her bodyguard, only she did all the guarding. She was the stronger twin, with all the ideas and ambition and incentive. I was the one who kept her from killing herself. Maybe I wasn't as much fun as she, but I was like her shadow. She didn't go anywhere without me, and I wouldn't have known where to go without her, even if I wanted to do something without her.

"But I guess that it really changed when we turned eighteen. I'm sure she's told you about how all of us are Rangers." Nuru nodded, and Talômi found himself surprised by how much he was opening up to this Elf. He was not much of a talker, but from the way he was going on now no one could have told. "When I was eighteen, I was accepted as a Ranger. My training was complete. And I started to go with my father when he went away. I think that Rie really resented it. I mean, it was bad enough when Father and Talormé and Analai would leave her home, but now her own twin was leaving her.

"I don't think that she left to punish me for leaving her," Talômi said, but his voice was uncertain. "I think she just supposed that I had made my own life away from her, and it was her turn to leave. But she didn't understand. I didn't like being away from home without her any more than she liked staying home. So when I came home one day and she was gone, I was shattered. I didn't know why she had gone, but I knew that I was going to do the same thing that I always do: follow her.

"But I guess she didn't want to be followed," he laughed bitterly, and took a quick drink. Then he sighed. "But I guess you didn't need to hear all of that. You know Rie better than I do, but I'm guessing that she doesn't want to be found. A clean break and all. I don't want to reopen old wounds for her, but I miss her so much." Realizing how much he had said, he stopped short, and looked sheepishly into his mug.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:29 PM   #332
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Nuru found herself looking with gentle pity at the man. He wasn't at all like she thought he was. When she had first seen him, he appeared to her a man wanting nothing but to take his sister and drag her back home, just out of spite. A man who didn't care that she had her own path in life. A selfish, greedy, unfeeling man. But he wasn't that way at all. He was a man who missed his twin sister and just wanted to see her again. He didn't want to hurt her in any way, though, if he took her back home, he might do so without intending to. Nuru wouldn't betray Rie, of course, but she'd never look at this man the same way. She became serious as she looked at him. She wasn't playing with him anymore to give Rie more time. Every question she asked she would ask because she did want to know, not because it was the first thing that came to her mind.

"Tell me, sir," she said, hesitating a moment. She wouldn't betray Rie, but she had to know the answer to this question before she went to Don's room to talk to her friend. "If you found Rie, what exactly would you do with her?" An odd question, but, yes, she had to know the answer. Maybe Rie could stop hiding from her brother but stay where she was... maybe everyone could be made happy. All that depended on what her brother's answer would be.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:29 PM   #333
Galenlasdur
Pile O'Bones

Galenlasdur has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galenlasdur
Silmaril

((OOC- Hrm.... I hope you don't mind, I'm introducing my charry in paragraph form....all the information is there, if you read it, I swear. And also, I haven't read of the earlier post,I plan on saving that when I have a lot of time...*glances at all 9 pages nerviously*))BIC:
The slender elven pressed her way through the Inn, eyes of bottle green as sharp as a mithril blade sweeping the Inn, her view slightly obstructed my a thin strand of silvery white hair that wagged in her pale face. Her boney shoulders tensed withing the heavy woolen shirt she wore, along with a tough high collared vest that swept down to her hips where a lighter leather took over the form of leggings followed by soft shoes that made no sound upon the hard Inn floor.

She had begun to panic again, there were too many people around...'You armed,'She reminded herself. 'If need be you could escape.' Smooth yet strong hands reached back to touch the quiver and bow on her back, the uncrannied wood calming her at least for the moment. She trusted her arrows more then the silver dagger at her hip. Being an elf of 2,323 Elven Years she could nail someone in the forehead from many a yard away, and it wasn't hard to find the enemy, if they were hiding. Her sharp eyes and ears were better then mosts, not to mention her swift feet.

Speaking of which, Isil found herself before an empty table. She slowly bent down, siting on the hard chair, her legs making their approval know as she rested from her journey here. She orginated from Northern Mirkwood and so the walk here was a long one. Home...memorys drifted back to her, the soft forest breeze waving her hair every which way, combing it gently. She remembered the birds, their soft chirps always letting her know she had someone to speak to, besides her mother and father, that is. Her past was pretty standard, she desided, almost perfect. And that was why she was here, to get away from the utopia, to have an adventure. Just then a loud drunken voice roared withing the Inn, bringing Isil crashing back to Middle-Earth from her day-dreams. She would need a pillow to rest her head on, she reminded herself, keen eyes searching the mob of people for the Inn Keeper...
Old 04-16-2003, 05:34 PM   #334
Sword Maiden Of The Shire
Animated Skeleton

Sword Maiden Of The Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Two small figures burst into The Dragon. They looked like two young Hobbit boys in their clothing, but in fact, one was a girl; Piper, and her cousin Rorey. Both extreamely dirty: the kness of their pants, covered with dirt, their feet scratched by twigs (most likely from running from their latest pursuer over something they'd done), and leaves and sitcks in ther curly heads.

They surveyed the many faces and ran noisily to the stools and hopped up. Piper didn't notice the many embarrassed glares the elders gave her "Look at the girl's clothes...disgraceful!" they'd often gossip to one another "And that Rorey boy she assiciates with....no wonder the whole of Hobbiton is on constant watch on them".

Yes, it was true. They (much to their own pleasure,) were two of the most mischievious truoble-makers from The Hill to Bywater. Piper pulled twigs out of her flammig red hair while Rorey looked around for the Inkeeper...

[ April 16, 2003: Message edited by: Sword Maiden Of The Shire ]
Old 04-16-2003, 06:01 PM   #335
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Annalaliath lowwered he flute and laughed at the sight of the two Hobbit children. " That reminds me she said looking at the other two women sitting with her, " I was very mischievious when i was young." The light in her eyes came back, " And still am to a point."

Her face was still sudged with the charcoal and her hair fell down around her shoulders. She laughed again, " I do hope to find my parents or at least news of them." she said, " but it is scenes like these that fill my heart with joy."

She put her silver flute to her lips and again played a song, this one joy full and made for dancing. she looked at Nahai and said, " My father gave me this." she continues to play.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:43 PM   #336
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

"Tell me, sir. If you found Rie, what exactly would you do with her?"

Talômi was startled by the question. He looked up at Nurumaiel. She seemed to really mean the question.

"Do with her? Nobody can ever do anything with Rie. I guess I'd just want to talk to her, try to understand why she left. Really understand, I mean, not just my guesses. And, I mean..." He broke off, clutching the handle of his mug tightly. He didn't want to be angry, but thinking about this made him angry. "I'd ask her why she abandoned me, after I did all that I could not to leave her," he finished haltingly, and though he tried, he could not take the bite out of his voice, or the bitterness out of his words. He flinched a little as he heard himself characterize Rie as the one who was abandoning him, while all he ever did was "leave" her. He bit his lip and felt a warm flush rise into his cheeks. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. It just hurts still."

He rubbed the back of his neck and felt the tight muscles. "I don't know what she thinks I want to do, but I just want to know the truth. It'll hurt, I know that, to hear her say whatever she has to say, but then my own wounds might close. But if she doesn't want to talk, I'll just leave."

There was a pause, and he laughed. "No, I guess I don't mean that. I'd probably stay here and hope that she changed her mind. I've always been like that with Rie, you understand? I don't like to leave her. I'm the younger twin, and I was never the stronger twin, but I always feel like she needs me to be whole. Kind--" He stopped and a full blush came into his face. "That was about to sound stupid. I'll stop now."
Old 04-16-2003, 08:50 PM   #337
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Nuru sat for a few minutes, a puzzled frown on her face. Then she stood. She knew what she had to do now. That was quite clear to her. "I hope you won't mistake me for being rude, but I've finished and I'd like to go get a little rest from my journey."

"Of course," said the man. But what she really means is that all my talk bores her. "Do you have a room yet?"

"No, but I'm planning on staying with a young hobbit friend of mine who's here. Thank you for the drink," she said with a smile. "After a little sleep I'm sure I'll be quite refreshed." And then she hastily retreated.

Oh yes, she knew what she had to do. She had to tell Rie all that had been said by her twin, and leave Rie to decide. It wasn't anybody's choice but hers. She could choose to continue hiding, or she could come out and make herself known. But whatever Rie's decision was, Nuru thought as she hurried up the stairs, she knew that there was only one place she was going... and that was to bed.

Don studied Rie carefully as she sat down on the bed with a little sigh. Something unusual was up, more unusual than it had been before. Don was determined to find out what it was, so she set her jaw and stepped forward, tapping Rie on the knee. "Hello, Don," was the answer, but Rie remained with her head bowed, not even looking at the little hobbit girl standing patiently in front of her. Or impatiently. Don tapped Rie's knee even harder and said loudly, "I need to talk to you, now."

Rie looked up with a little smile. "All right, Don, go ahead. What is it you want to say?"

"I just wanted to ask you something... what's wrong? And what's so good? You looked happy and worried at the same time. Did you see something out there?"

[ April 17, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]
Old 04-17-2003, 06:25 PM   #338
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Rorey swung his dangling feet impatiently. The two of them couldn't sit in one place for more than a minute. "Well?..." he said turning to Piper with mock-seriousness "What?" she said staring at him the same way. "Do you think we otta go tell Maggot that it was us who took his bucket of black berries?"

"Of course not!" she replied loudly "He clearly didn't want them back if he set his dogs after us!" Rorey grinned evily "Yes, that would make a cheery visit: Hello Farmer Maggot! We're just here to tell you that we are the ones who stole your black berries which it must have taken you hours to gather..." Piper burst out laughing "Yes, and if our reletives found out....mind you they would have to dig us up first because Maggot would have killed us"...
Old 04-17-2003, 08:23 PM   #339
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

There was the sound of loud laughter right behind the two children. As they turned in surprise Dinodas Green smiled at them and apologized. "I'm sorry," he said. "But when you said your relatives would have to dig you up first, I just couldn't help it. So you stole blackberries from him?"

The two children nodded, uncertain if they should speak to him or not. After all, he was a stranger.

"My name is Dinodas Green," he introduced himself. "I live here in Bywater. What are your names, young rascals?"
Old 04-18-2003, 03:37 AM   #340
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Aeryn glanced up in time to see another elf at the table beside her, Isil. "You must be from Mirkwood." she smiled.

"Perhaps you would like to join us here?" she guestured to Éden and the empty space. "My name is Aeryn of Golden and this is my old friend Éden."

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 04-18-2003, 01:56 PM   #341
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Fawian now warmed by the sweet wine, leans back and softly sings:

Gil-galad was an Elven-king.
of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountain and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shining helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

a single tear runs down her cheek, as she remembers the Elf who taught her that lay.
She suddenly remembers where she is, she lowers her head and blushes.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:44 PM   #342
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

"I just wanted to ask you something... what's wrong? And what's so good? You looked happy and worried at the same time. Did you see something out there?"

Don looked inquisitively at Rie, her brown eyes meeting Rie's green. The young woman smoothed her dress over her knees and sighed. "Everything's happening at once tonight, Don," Rie said, and, putting her hands behind her neck, fell back onto the bed.

"What do you mean?" Don asked, stretching herself out on the bed, propping herself up on her elbows.

"Well, Nurumaiel's back, for one thing. I mean it! She's tired and she'll probably be in bed by now, but Talômi almost caught me, and she distracted him so I could come up here. But when I came up here, I can't understand why I am up here. I'm running away from my twin, and I want to be done with it, and I just..." Rie groaned loudly and covered her face with her hands. "It's been the most confusing night of my life. And I don't think it's over yet."

Talômi went to the innkeeper and softly asked for a room. Once he got the key he went upstairs, unlocked the room, and quietly began to unpack. He had taken next to nothing, but he carefully folded each item of clothes and put it in the drawer. In that way he and his twin were opposites; he could only imagine what Rie's room looked like.

"Like a tornado hit it, I imagine," he laughed to himself. His laugh trailed off into a little smile, and he sighed and went to the bed. He was exhausted.

He had made some progress tonight, though. That Nurumaiel seemed like she might be able to help. And even if she can't, I've made a friend, he told himself. Her kind blue eyes made him feel at ease, and her patience had loosened his tongue so much...he could not remember speaking that much to anybody but Rie in years. If ever.

He pulled off his boots and crawled in under the sheets. If Rie was at the Inn tonight, she'd be there in the morning, and he was about to fall asleep on his feet. With the smile still on his face, he drifted off into a restful slumber.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:00 PM   #343
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Piper and Rorey grinned at Dinodas. "I'm Rorey Millbanks and this is my cousin". He said, and nudged Piper in the side. "Piper Greenhand" she said.

"We're both from Woody End" said Piper spinning on her chair and then facing Dinodas agian. They both could still taste the blackberries. They were even sweeter when you didnt have to pick them yourself...
Old 04-18-2003, 09:04 PM   #344
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Dinodas smiled at them. "Good for you on stealing Maggot's blackberries," he said with a nod. "That's quite a challenging thing. I'm going to be reproached by my wife for telling you that, but it's true, and I know how it feels to be young."

There was a little tap on his shoulder and he turned to see a barmaid standing here. "Excuse me, sir, but are you Mr. Dinodas Green?" At his nod, she continued, "Well, Mrs. Green is asking for you."

"Thank you," said Dinodas, and stood up. "Please excuse me." He fished around in his pocket and drew out two coins, giving one to each child. "Buy yourself a treat, and good luck on your next adventure..." He paused, and then added, "But I'd advise you not to try Maggot again. You can rob from him once or twice, and if you're lucky even three times, but then he'll catch you and Mr. Maggot is too good with a stick." Then he took his leave of them.

He found Robin sitting in their room, one hand on her belly, her eyes on the sleeping children. "Are you all right, Robin-bird?" he asked with a frown.

"I'm fine," she said, waving him off. "But I saw, whether you believe me or not, Nuru go walking by. Do you think you could watch the children so I could....?"

"Of course," said Dinodas, but he frowned still. "You know, Robin, you don't look too well. I think you should rest. Maybe we should even go home."

Robin shook her head stubbornly, her lips set. "I have to find Nuru, Dinodas." Then she sighed. "I'd love to go home, but you know we can't right now, what with renting it out. You know we're not rich, Dinodas, and the price of a room here is cheaper than living in our hole at the moment. We're being paid while by the boarders." With Dinodas' help, she got to her feet. Seeing that he still looked worried, she laughed. "Don't worry, Dinodas. The baby won't come for awhile more. Not until a few months after our innkeeper's."

"She'll be leaving soon, more's the pity," said Dinodas. "She's a wonderful person. I've no doubts that the next innkeeper will be just as wonderful, but I've gotten so accustomed to Pio, though I've only been here for a short while. Last time we were here Dwarin was innkeeper."

Robin nodded. "Ah well, Dinodas, Pio'll be back. With her twins, too. Even if she stayed here and had her babies at the inn, she would have to have someone come take over. She can't do both at the same time, can she?"

Robin walked towards the door. "I'll be back as soon as I talk to Nuru."

"And then you'll rest, do you here me? There's always such a thing as the baby coming earlier than expected."

"Not this early, Dinodas." As Robin walked down the long hall he just barely caught her final remark. "You needn't worry, Dinodas. The baby won't come until we're all safe back in our hole. You'll see."

Nuru pushed open the door to Don's room, struggling to keep her eyes open. A few minutes ago she had been determined to tell Rie everything no matter what stood in her way, but halfway up the stairs she wished she could leave it all till morning. But she knew Rie would want to hear, and she knew she had to tell. It will probably give Rie one horrible night with no sleep, Nuru thought, but the sooner she decides the better... better for Talômi and herself.

"Hullo, Don," Nuru said, smiling sleepily at the little hobbit girl, who grinned happily but did nothing more. If it had been Rie who had arrived at the Dragon again after a long absence the lass certainly would have rushed to her and flung her arms about her, but with Nuru Don wasn't as friendly. Rie was her special friend, and while Nuru was her friend, she wasn't as important to Don as Rie was.

"Rie, I need to talk to you." Nuru stumbled over to the bed and sat down next to Rie. "It's about your brother, Talômi. We had a little talk together and I need to tell you everything he said." So she did, and when she had finished she paused for a few minutes to let Rie digest it all, then continued, "Now, Rie, you have to decide him you're going to continue hiding from him or if you're going to let him know where you are... that you're here. Don't ask my advice, don't ask Don's advice, don't as Pio's advice, don't ask..." She paused, searching through her foggy brain for any other friends of Rie. "Well, just don't ask anyone for advice on what you should do, because nobody will give it to you.... it's your decision and you have to decide, and now I'm going to sleep." She lay back on the bed and was instantly fast asleep.

"We don't need to wake her up," said Don quickly. She climbed up onto the bed and stealthily reached into Nuru's dress pocket, bringing out with satisfaction a littl key. "You can just sleep in her room tonight, and I'll sleep in yours. We'll be all mixed up, but that way your brother won't be able to find you." She passed the key to Rie, and took the woman's in return. They left the room together and travelled down the hallway, coming to Rie's room first. Don opened the door and began to walk in, then paused and said over her shoulder, very softly, "Rie, I wish I were in your place. The chance to see my twin brother again... for him to find me and me to find him." Then with a murmured, "Good night," she went into the room, leaving Rie with her thoughts.

Rie stood there a few moments, wondering what to think, and then she turned to go to Nuru's room. She found herself face to face with a hobbit, obviously pregnant, observing her. "Excuse me," she said politely. "I'm Mrs. Robin Green. I won't keep you long, for I can see you'll be wanting to go to bed, but I was wondering if you're a friend of Nuru's?"

[ April 18, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]
Old 04-19-2003, 03:47 AM   #345
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ellie listened to Drago's tale in silence. It was so sad that as he went on she felt any anget towards him melt away, if in truth she had ever been angry and not just annoyed that he didn't rattle on as she did. Maybe she'd just wanted to be the centre of attention the way she used to be. Guilt filled her as she realised that she'd just been looking at Drago as a sort of replacement for her family and not thinking of him and his problems. Selfish, selfish girl! she told herself. Here's one of the nicest Hobbits you've ever met, and all you can think of is yourself. He needs help, and friendship more than you. He saw one of his friends die... she shuddered, then with a start remembered that she hadn't replied to Drago. From the look on his face she could tell that he was worried she would run away or something, just like those Orgy and Borgy or whatever they were called. If I ever get my hands on them they'll wish they didn't leave Drago to fend for himself! she thought grimly.

With a sob she almost literally threw herself at a very startled Drago, wrapping her arms around his neck.
"Oh you poor, poor boy!" she said with a sniff, forgetting he was older than her. "Don't worry, I'll take care of you now"
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 04-19-2003, 09:35 AM   #346
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"Thank you sir!" said Rorey grinning excitedly. This was quite unexpected; an adult rewarding them for their mischievious pranks! They were both rather awe-struck.

Piper watched him leave "What a nice fellow!" she said smiling broadly. "Now, what d'you think we otta use his generous gifts for?" said Rorey. "Yes it'd be a shame to let 'em go to waste!" said Piper laughing. Both of them were in dire need of a cool drink after all that running. "Strawberry coridal for me!" said Piper silding her coin across the table. "Me as well!" added Rorey. In a few moments, both were sitting happily drinking down ice cold coridal...
Old 04-19-2003, 09:45 PM   #347
excheeto
Animated Skeleton

excheeto has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Merin removed his chain-mail and left his axe at the door with the guard.He wasn't used to traveling much beyond his home territory,and though other guests could be seen with scabbards and staffs laying by thier seats,he wanted to be as polite and inconspicious as possible,besides,if he wanted to fight,he might do more harm than good with an axe.

He had found bandages for his hands the morning after he had hunted the house.By now,the pain had lessened,and much of the blisters and skin were peeling.He needed a healer,and a place to stay.He had travelled all the way from the outskirts of Rohan,but with no money,nothing to trade,and not much of a chance to improve on what was now,rather grimy looks.

Of course his nightly habits now worked against him.

Merin walked in,blue eyes darting,quickly sizing up each customer and giving a nearby window a glance before taking a seat by the fire.His wiry shoulders hung in a sigh of relief.Wrapping his stained,grey,leather cloak around him,he tucked his hands in the folds of his oversized,white tunic and rested,to the point of lightly dozing.

This place may have strange,short people,as well as humans and elves,but the air felt safe and comforting.He was short for a 21 year old human,only 5'5,and very thin,but wiry.His thick,dusty-grey hair hung to his shoulders and hid part of his face.

Dozing as he was,he was listening with acute attention to everything around him.

[ April 20, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 04-20-2003, 02:44 PM   #348
Galenlasdur
Pile O'Bones

Galenlasdur has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galenlasdur
Sting

Isil glanced at the other two elves, Aeryn and Éden an embarassed smile sweeping her pale face, what little panic that was left behind now swept clean from her soul.

"Is it that obvious?" She quentioned, dark eyebrows knitting together.She didn't find that she screamed Mirkwood...well, maybe just a little, she confessed looking over her dirt covered hands.
"Anyway," She said, taking the seat next to Aeyrn. "It is nice to meet you, Aeyrn." She paused, nodding to Aeyrn then to Éden. "Éden. I am Isil."
Old 04-20-2003, 02:56 PM   #349
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

Rie fingered the key, leaning on the wall just outside of Don's room. She was still a little stunned by what Nuru had told her; had she been away from Talômi for that long? Did she understand him that little now? Tears stung her eyes, and she wiped them away fiercely. This was no time to cry. She had decisions to make.

And what an idiot she had been, worrying Don with this whole business. That was where the tears truly came from. This girl wanted nothing more than to see her own twin again, and her was Rie's twin, and of all the stupid things, the redhead was hiding! Hiding from her own brother!

Hiding from responsibility, likely, though she would never admit that. Talômi had always depended on her. He still did, if what he had told Nurumaiel was true. And she had up and run off. Some sister she was. She rubbed her face again, then turned to go to Nurumaiel's room.

She jumped a little when she saw that someone had been watching her. A hobbit, and very pregnant. Rie stood there dumbly for a moment, blinking, and the hobbit said, "Excuse me. I'm Mrs. Robin Green. I won't keep you long, for I can see you'll be wanting to go to bed, but I was wondering if you're a friend of Nuru's?"

Rie ran her fingers through her dark hair and nodded. "Yes, ma'am. Nuru and I go way back, since I first got here. My name is Talmérië. Can I help you with anything?"
Old 04-20-2003, 03:42 PM   #350
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Pio's post

NEW INNKEEPER STORYLINE

The next day did indeed see the arrival of Mithadan. He was dirty and scruffy, the ride north from the crossing at Sarn Ford had been a long one and the way held its own perils despite the peace ordered by King Elessar.

He was delighted to see Piosenniel, and their reunion was a joyous one. He had many stories to tell her of his time spent refitting the Lonely Star, and he spoke to her of the new King and his hopes for the future.

Pio in turn spoke of her time in the Shire – all the wonderful people she had met as the Innkeeper in her time at the Green Dragon, all the help she had received. In a way she was sorry to be leaving, she told him.

‘But not sorry enough that you would not wish to return to your husband and children I hope,’ he said laughing, taking her hand and pulling her down next to him. ‘Only two days, is it not, and then our son and daughter will be here.’

She sat up, her brow furrowed. ‘I do still need to find a replacement as Innkeeper.’

‘And have you thought who that might be?’ Mithadan sat up beside her and poured a cup of wine for himself.

‘I have actually. Do you remember the old friend I spoke of, the woman from Rohan. Aman.’ Mithadan nodded his head ‘yes’, wondering where this line of thought was going. ‘She is on her way to the Shire, and should be here day after tomorrow. She is coming to help me.’

Aman's post

Aman walked slowly up the path towards the comforting and homely lights of the Green Dragon, twirling her staff slightly in her fingers, and dwawdling more than a little. She wasnt putting it off, she told herself, it was just that it had been so long since she had talked to Pio...

No, not strictly true. She half smiled to herself as she remembered how she had reacted when Pio had replied to her message, which she hadnt even realised she had sent out. When she heard the voice in her head, she almost leapt back from the windowsill, so shocked was she. Pio was the one who had showed her this strange way of communication, and the only one she had ever used it with. Well, the only person at any rate...

She found herself almost at the door of the Inn. She knew Pio would recieve her with open arms, but she still cursed her incredible ability to put things off for so long; as a result she hadnt spoken to Piosenniel for a lifetime, and so much could have happened. Taking a deep breath, the woman rapped twice on the door of the Dragon with her staff, then stepped in.

She blinked against the sudden light, and the warmth of the firelight hit her like a barrier. As her green eyes adjusted to the light in the room, she looked around her, taking in everything she could in a few seconds.

"Excuse me."

The voice made her turn and saw a man behind her, thin and wiry, his eyes slitted as if he was only just waking up, and half his face hidden by a curtain of hair. Shaking this back slightly, he stood, and Aman was surprised to see that the young man was only a few inches taller than her, and about her age.

I'm Merin," he continued, then looked her up and down, not in a leering way, merely like checking her, and looked back to the door from whence she had come. "From what I hear, you're the Innkeeper, Aman."

"From what I hear, you're the Innkeeper, Aman." The words made Aman raise her eyebrows, and the man went on quickly as if worried she might say something or attempt to throw him out on the spot.

"I don't have anything,but I'll gladly work off the price for a few hot ciders." He finished. His eyes were wider now, and contained an almost anxious look. The woman wasnt sure what to say; she had recieved one message from Piosenniel, telling her of the twins, but the words 'new Innkeeper' hadnt come into this anywhere.

"From what you hear....Im sorry, from what you hear you seem to know more about this than I do. I-"

"Aman!"

The second voice, a female voice, laced with joy and relief, made Aman once more turn. As she caught sight of the owner of the voice, her slim face broke into a wide grin as she spread her arms to envelop Pio in a huge, but, considering her present condition, careful hug. Releasing her, her grin almost splitting her face in two, she took in once more the rest of the Inn, and looked up and down her old friend, who was beaming with pleasure as widely as Amanaduial herself. Although she had certainly never been here in her life, she felt more at home than she had in a long time.

[ April 20, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

[ April 21, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 04-20-2003, 04:33 PM   #351
Animated Skeleton

Pipe

Piper and Rorey had finnished their coridal and shoved the mugs back across the table, much to the barman's/barmaid's annoyance. Shuffling on their stools, they looked around the Inn at the many faces.

They felt rather board and remembered a song that they had heard once. It was dreadfully absurd, but entertaining to them. Though their relitives had told them it was foolish to sing it, they proceeded to.

Piper began. Her fair-sounding voice ringing through the Inn:

There is an inn, a merry old inn
beneath an old grey hill,
And there they brew a beer so brown
That the Man in the Moon himself came down
one night to drink his fill.

They saw some of the guests lookup, interested. So Rorey stood up on the table. His clear Hobbit-voice drifting through the air:

The ostler has a tipsy cat
that plays a five-stringed fiddle;
And up and down he runs his bow,
Now squeaking high, now purring low,
now sawing in the middle.

The landlord keeps a little dog
that is mighty fond of jokes;
When there's good cheer among the guests,
He cocks an ear at all the jests
and laughs until he chokes.

Piper too stood up on the table, seeing the eyes of the Inn turn to them:

They also keep a hornéd cow
as proud as any queen;
But music turns her head like ale,
And makes her wave her tufted tail
and dance upon the green.

And O! the rows of silver dishes
and the store of silver spoons!
For Sunday there's a special pair,
And these they polish up with care
on Saturday afternoons.

The Man in the Moon was drinking deep,
and the cat began to wail;
A dish and a spoon on the table danced,
The cow in the garden madly pranced,
and the little dog chased his tail.

Many were laughing now, much to their own pleasure. Piper sang again:

The Man in the Moon took another mug,
and rolled beneath his chair;
And there he dozed and dreamed of ale,
Till in the sky the stars were pale,
and dawn was in the air.

Then the ostler said to his tipsy cat:
"The white horses of the Moon,
They neigh and champ their silver bits;
But their master's been and drowned his wits,
and the Sun'll be rising soon!"

So the cat on his fiddle played hey-diddle-diddle,
a jig that would wake the dead:
He squeaked and sawed and quickened the tune,
While the landlord shook the Man in the Moon:
"It's after three!" he said.

They rolled the Man slowly up the hill
and bundled him into the Moon,
While his horses galloped up in rear,
And the cow came capering like a deer,
and a dish ran up with the spoon.

Rorey began as well:

Now quicker the fiddle went deedle-dum-diddle;
the dog began to roar,
The cow and the horses stood on their heads;
The guests all bounded from their beds
and danced upon the floor.

With a ping and a pang the fiddle-strings broke!
the cow jumped over the Moon,
And the little dog laughed to see such fun,
And the Saturday dish went off at a run
with the silver Sunday spoon.

The round Moon rolled behind the hill,
as the Sun raised up her head.
She hardly believed her fiery eyes;
For though it was day, to her suprise
they all went back to bed.

They stumbled to and end laughing and grinning happily to the crowd. They leapt down from he table and bagan to go towards the counter...

[ April 21, 2003: Message edited by: Sword Maiden Of The Shire ]
Old 04-20-2003, 07:33 PM   #352
excheeto
Animated Skeleton

excheeto has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Merin gave a small grin,watching the two friends embrace."I may have made a mistake,I haven't been here long".He gave a look towards the hobbit and grinned,"I've heard there was happy news about"eyeing her swollen belly,he replied,"am I wrong on assuming your a part of all the commotion?,oh,and by the way,could you direct me towards a sink and-"

He stopped eyeing the window once again.Surely he hadn't been drowsing that long?"it's getting late,how do I get a room?"he hung his head,wrapping his hands more tightly in the folds of his shirt,"I umm,I don't get out much"he mumbled.

He peered up to see the two listening carefully."Well"he thought,"I have to admit I've come off as worse than a bumpkin to many others,but it is getting late...".
Old 04-20-2003, 08:51 PM   #353
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

"Yes," said Robin with a smile. "I was wondering what room Nuru is staying in. And now that I see you're a friend of Nuru's, I'd like to say I'm very pleased to meet you. I heard about you through Don, a young hobbit lass. Any assistance you could give me would be wonderful."

Nuru's eyes slowly opened and she found herself in a strange room. Don's room.... but why wasn't she in her own room? Oh, that's right. She had fallen asleep. Then where were Don and Rie?

Nuru's eyes flew wide open and she came to the realization that it was late in the night of the 20th... and that Pio would be leaving tomorrow. "I have to say goodbye to her," the Elf muttered sleepily, trying to pull herself out of bed.

A few minutes later she was stumbling across the common room to where Pio was standing. "Pio.... Pio?" Nuru murmured, tapping the Elf on the shoulder. "I'm Nurumaiel... I helped you out in the kitchen a few months back, along with Rie. I don't know if you remember. I know you're leaving tomorrow and I'd just like to say you'll be missed around here. I'm sure the new innkeeper will be wonderful, but nobody could ever match you. Good luck with your twins, Pio, and goodbye."
Old 04-20-2003, 09:06 PM   #354
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Cami bustled in to the Inn, and gave a courteous nod to Merin. She pulled back gently on his arm. "Best leave the Elf and woman to themselves for a minute. They've not seen each other in many a day, and will have a heap of stories to catch up on over the next hour or so."

She smiled over at him, "Man of Rohan, perhaps I can help a little. My name is Cami Goodchild. Some know me better as Cami Zara-gamba, or Oldbuck in Westron, but that's a tale that will bear waiting for another day."

"I'm in and out of these parts, and come by way of Greenwood from another time and place. I am a good friend to Pio and have come to welcome the birth of her twins."

"I don't carry enough clout to secure you a position here, but the staff still carry enough memories of me to slip you into a chamber for one night with no questions asked."

Cami slid behind the desk, and pulled out a key for one of the rooms set aside for the comfort of the big folk. "Give the two of them a bit of time. Miz Pio hasn't even explained things yet to Aman. After that, you may indeed want to approach the woman to ask about work, if that is your desire. We are always looking for folk to help with the mounts in the stables. And, being from Rohan will stand you in good stead."

Then she bade good day to Merin and suggested he wash up in his room, providing him with a supply of cloths to help tend his wounds.

[ April 20, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 04-20-2003, 09:21 PM   #355
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

*+*+*+*+*+* WELCOME TO OUR NEW INNKEEPER!! *+*+*+*+*+*

Amanaduial the Archer is the Assistant Innkeeper starting Monday, April 21st.

Please come by and say hello to her. Ale, wine, cider, and tea will be on the house (as will be the ‘specialty’ drinks – though Balrogs need to limit themselves to one drink only, ingredients are scarce.)

Say hello also to Pio and the twins - sign up to babysit. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2003, 12:41 AM   #356
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Not really"Aeryn smiled. "I can usually tell where an elf has come from, just by the stitching on their clothes usually, but anyone can overlook that." She pushed her snow hair over her shoulder.

"Now that's sorted." Aeryn laughed. She galnced at Éden who still was wearing his grubby cloak. "Éden, you never change, take that flithy thing off." she scolded.

"Now Isil, tell us about yourself!" A new round of ale had been brought to the table with a cry, "drinks on the house." Aeryn paused as she pushed the drinks to the middle of the table. "hello..." she said, "looks like we have a new inn keeper!"

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 04-21-2003, 01:26 AM   #357
Aeden

Shield

Éden laughed. "its a pleasure to meet you Isil." he smiled and sat, when Aery told him to remove his cloak.

"You call this cloak filthy? No my dear Aeryn, it has seen me through many hard times, and times of glory." He removed his cloak, revealing for the first time in a long while, his curly blonde hair. "As you see now, i am not an elf... thought that is an easy mistke to make, i am from Enedwaith it is west of Rohan.

He galnced at the new innkeeper. "Which is where I speculate our new friend, the inn keeper is from."

Old 04-21-2003, 02:22 AM   #358
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Fawain watched the two hobbits with delight,
when they had finnished she stood up and clapped profusely with the rest of the crowd.
Smiling she sat back down and looked into her empty mug, she considered going to the bar to get another, when a she realised she was yawning."ah time for bed" she raises and heads for bed.

As she is leaving the door to the inn opens, she turns to see who this new traveller might be, a short woman with long nut brown hair enters the common room, then she see's an elven woman making her way towards the newcomer, the elf is very heavy with child.That must be Pio the innkeeper she has heard so much about. she watches the pair embrace wondering if this is to be the new innkeeper once pio's babies are born, not wishing to interrupt the happy reunion she smiles and leaves to go to bed. she reaches her room and flops down on her bed, happy she falls asleep.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:36 AM   #359
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

NEW INNKEEPER STORYLINE

‘So, are you going to introduce me to your friend?’ A tall man, dressed in black came round Pio and smiled at the new arrival. Grey eyed, hair dark as midnight and shot through with silver, he looked at Pio expectantly. The introductions were made and Mithadan invited Aman to sit with him at a table while Pio saw to getting a room ready for her. By the time Pio returned, there was much laughter, and as she approached the pair, the laughter stopped. Aman looked guiltily at her, and Mithadan’s face bore an expression of feigned surprise, his eyebrows raised.

‘Well, I see my old friend has been telling tales again!’ An impish gleam came into Pio’s eyes as she sat down with them. She poured another mug of wine for Mithadan and Aman, then settled back carefully in her chair.

‘Now,’ she said, nodding innocently at her friend, ‘let me tell you the story of the time we drank half an èored under the table in The White Horse, and Aman danced the Crossed Swords’ dance, blindfolded , on the table . . .’

The evening was a raucous one, and Mithadan was privy to yet another set of stories in which Pio and a close friend moved in and out of wild scrapes and dangerous situations adroitly and most times with humor. By the end of the evening, both Aman and Pio were tired, the wine jug was dry, and even Mithadan was beginning to yawn. They parted company, promising to see each other for breakfast. Buttercup, one of the Inn’s server’s, showed the flagging Aman up to her room and bid her good-night.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Early the following morning, Loëndë, Pio woke Mithadan just as the sun climbed above the rim of the world. ‘Get up,’ she said in a low, strained voice. ‘Go down to the kitchen and tell Cook it is time. Have her send Hob for the midwife.’

Mithadan pulled on his boots and stood up rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He grinned then, kissed her on the forehead, and ran to the kitchen.

The labor was short, and while Pio did not escape the normal pain that comes with bringing children into the world, still it was tolerable and soon forgotten. Mother, Father, and babies welcomed visitors for most of the day, then Pio grew tired and asked them all to leave, saying they were all welcome to come back tomorrow.

Aman, a noted late-sleeper, was the last to show up. Still rubbing the sleep from her eyes she made her way down to Pio and Mithadan’s quarters behind the bar, grabbing a half pint of ale on her way in the door. She didn’t knock, just strode on in. Looking at Pio she grinned, saying, ‘How typical! I see you’ve gone and had them without waiting for me to arrive.’

She put her empty tankard down on the table just inside the door, and drew closer to the sleeping babies. ‘Nice and quiet!’ she remarked. ‘Just like I like them.’

As if to refute her remark, the babies began to cry . . .
Old 04-21-2003, 07:50 AM   #360
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Annalaliath stopped playing and looked around the room. She spotted Isil. Annalaliath watched this person. Wondering about the stories that could be hidden behind those eyes.

Annalaliath put away this silver instrament of hers and leaving her sketch book where it was she sarted to walk around just to do so. Her energy was only matched or excceed by that of the two young Hobbits. She paced back and forth back and forth. Her mud spattered cloak flowing behind her as her caked boots(uncommon for her race to wear) flaked as she walked. She was not bord just agitated. Her eyes were still the blue grey pools they had always been and her hair the dirty blond that was falling around her shoulders and trailing after her. She just kept walking. What was this place.... that she had found and what was wrong with her? And she continued to pace.

With the arrival of the new innkeep Annalaliath retreated to her seat at the bar and she sat back down to the rest of her drink and a bit of thinking.

[ April 21, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]

[ April 21, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]