Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2002, 04:35 PM   #161
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Well, Brinn, just to FILL YOU IN, I have too started! I've almost got the entire first page done too, so [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]! It'll be up really soon.
Correction: I've copied and pasted it all. It's exactly 50 pages long! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ November 07, 2002: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]
Old 11-07-2002, 11:10 PM   #162
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Yay, you've been working on it! Well, last time I asked you was about 3 days ago, so I didn't know that you were planning to work on it that soon.
Old 11-09-2002, 09:39 AM   #163
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Auriel Haevasawen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Goodness, good luck with it. I had no idea it was that long. It's hard to tell how long a non-forum based story would become when we're used to seeing it scroll along here. Brin and Ith, it may be easier to spot continuity errors once it's cut and pasted somewhere else and correct them. Just a thought. Better get back to posting in the tale itself or poor Radagast may be killed off by an orc who doesn't like people who can only post sporadically!
Old 11-12-2002, 04:08 PM   #164
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

so is it on the fan fiction bit yet?! and do any of you know what that new forum is under freestyle rpg??? seems a bit mysterious to me!
Old 11-12-2002, 04:13 PM   #165
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I'm not sure if Ith has submitted it yet. And even if she has, it takes a while for the BW to get it on the fanfic page.

As for the new forum, I think it is meant for brainstorming RPG ideas, but I'm not sure. I would like to check it out, though.
Old 11-12-2002, 04:49 PM   #166
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

its an invite only isnt it?
Old 11-15-2002, 04:27 PM   #167
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Yes, unfortunately.
They want RPGs that have been going on for several months to come to a conclusion. This RPG hasn't even been going on for three months, so I don't think we have to worry about that. What do all of you think?
Old 11-16-2002, 01:26 PM   #168
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

i dont really see what else they can do to the rpg forums to re-vamp it
Old 11-17-2002, 04:43 PM   #169
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Ithaeliel, in your last post do u mean that Tom and Goldberry are back with Calentoliel or was it just Enderth thinking it because u sed she pictured her friend struggling in the downs. Sorry bout this, im not having a go or anything but i just needed to be clear before i posted. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Matt
Old 11-20-2002, 04:35 PM   #170
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

It was me thinking. Sorry to have made that unclear. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I've just left the house, so continue on!
Old 11-20-2002, 04:43 PM   #171
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Ith, how's the fanfic coming along? Have you sent it yet?
Old 11-20-2002, 05:18 PM   #172
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

...no. I will today, though, as soon as I find a good enough spot to divide the chapters.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:27 PM   #173
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

super stuff!
Old 11-20-2002, 06:06 PM   #174
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

I edited my last post in the RPG, to let you know.
I was originally intending for someone to rescue me immediately after my post, but that did not happen. It would sound funny for me to say that a figure was approaching a few minutes after Calentoliel went unconscious and not have anyone come until nightfall.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-04-2007 at 02:32 AM.
Old 11-30-2002, 03:35 PM   #175
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

hey what happening with the two hobbits in our RPG, where have the ppl who play them got to?

[ November 30, 2002: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 11-30-2002, 07:45 PM   #176
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Faye's been around, but she doesn't seem to post often.
As for Olo, I'm pretty sure he left for good. If we need someone to play him, I have a friend that I MIGHT be able to talk into playing him. She an awesome writer, a huge fan of Tolkien, and I've been trying to encourage her on this site; especially in the RPGs.
Old 11-30-2002, 07:50 PM   #177
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Would this be Elizabeth you are referring to?

If she doesn't agree, I'd be happy to take on Olo's character.

Another idea would be to 'kill him off,' although it sounds somewhat cruel and morbid.
Old 11-30-2002, 09:20 PM   #178
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Yeah, this would be Liz of course.
When she came to my house last week, I gave her a tour of the Downs and we ended up hanging out in the Mayhem section. She hasn't read this RPG yet, but I think I'll email it to her along with a plea to join.

Two unplayed characters does seem a bit much, but I'd hate to kill Olo off. The way he came into the story was quite interesting and it is a shame about the misunderstanding we had with him.
We can't kill Rothalle off either; she is too essential to the story, plus there is still a chance that Iaurl might come back someday. But still, we can't go on with this many unplayed characters. The more players, the faster the story will go.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-04-2007 at 02:32 AM.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:38 AM   #179
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dűm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Hey I'm still here. Just don't know what to post yet.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:23 PM   #180
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

I'm terribly sorry but I know no one who could play characters for you. My friends are so called adults who think I'm slightly mad to do this in my spare time when I spend my 'work time' on this damnenable machine as well. I'll try to post a little more often to help. I'll do my best not to let you down. You're very talented young people. You should think about getting things written outside this genre and possibly look into publication.
Old 12-01-2002, 09:56 PM   #181
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

*blushes* Thank you, Auriel. You are quite talented as well. I just wish I had more time to write. *sigh*

My friend responded to my email. She told me that she is still considering. When she decides whether or not she wants to join, I'll let you all know.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:45 PM   #182
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Is it possible to change the name of our RPG cuz "The Blue Mountains" really isn't a good title. Anyone got any ideas?
Old 12-03-2002, 10:02 PM   #183
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

......anything that doesn't have to do with a location, because we really have been taking a lot of switchbacks so far when it comes to that. Here's a few ideas that my lame title-phobic brain came up with:

The Black Beast (so original, ne?)

Bared Souls

Hunting Fear: Quest to destroy the Black Beast

Speaking of such matters, I was just remembering how in the beginning we didn't want this to be a quest. Well, our hopes were in vain, but I frankly don't regret it, because this is the coolest quest I've ever embarked on [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].

Edit: The only problem with needing a title change is that only the RPG starter (Iaur, who has taken an extended leave of absence) can edit the title post. Our only other option is to do some begging towards the moderators.

[ December 03, 2002: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]
Old 12-04-2002, 02:30 PM   #184
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

I'm happy with 'Blue Mountains' even if it does remind me of Laurel and Hardy (unpleasant but true). It was where we met and if our story follows the cyclical nature of Tolkien (which it should if we still want that 'real feel' thing going on) that is where we will take leave of each other. Either way I don't mind I'm just glad to be here. I've been persuaded into the 'Shire' and although enjoyable and challenging down there it's not quite as spontaneous as we are. I plan and redraft all day, it's nice to just tap away freely here. When we eventually wind this down I hope we can all play again.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:14 PM   #185
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Speaking of winding down, have you seen Mithadan's latest thread here? He says to start winding down our RPGs.

Unfortunately, I feel that we aren't even close to winding down yet. Since this thread haven't even been going for 4 months and we have short number of players, we have been moving at a slower pace than the other RPGs. Perhaps the mods will understand if we tell them that we need more time, but still I think we all need to start posting more often.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:31 PM   #186
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

As I said, winding down does not mean today or even next week. But I would like an estimate of how much longer this RPG will run. One month? Two?

A major part of RPGing is actually finishing a game. This was seriously lacking in the old Freestyle forum; it was open for about 8 months and only 3 or 4 games were actually completed. The rest were abandoned or wandered around. When there is never an end in sight, players eventually get bored and leave.

If you finish a game, you can always spin off another with similar characters, or try something new. There's a number of people who want to join a game, but the older RPGs are either closed for new members or are too far along for someone to step in comfortably.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:26 PM   #187
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Thanks for clearing that up, Mithadan. I didn't expect for you to force us to close by next week, but was afraid you would in 3-4 weeks, which I'm glad you won't.

As much as I hate to talk about winding down (I love this RPG and have never had so much fun), we probably should have an estimate of when we will finish this game. I'm guessing maybe 3 months? What do all of you think?
Old 12-05-2002, 08:09 PM   #188
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

I think this RPG could wind down within one and a half months if everything goes smoothly (which it will). In my next post I plan to start "winding it down" so to speak. I think at this point we need to form a resolution, and it must include explanations to all the strange events that have occurred within the RPG. First, though, I wanted to OK that with everyone. If you think we need more time and you don't want to wind down just yet, please say so.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:35 AM   #189
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

thats ok with me!
Old 12-07-2002, 03:23 PM   #190
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

Yes, no more than a couple of months. I was in fear of being closed down forcibly though. Phew, very glad we can complete our odessy!
Old 12-08-2002, 03:35 AM   #191
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Yes, a couple of months sounds good to me.

I'm planning to do a lot of explaining in my next post when Calentoliel awakens and begins her recovery. That might not be for a few days though.
My reasons: 1) It is too late for me to write now (it's nearly 2:30 AM) 2) I'll probably be busy with schoolwork for the next couple of days (I hate history) 3) My computer is....oh no....broken! Luckily, my old computer is now hooked up to the internet so I could tell you this, but it's (arg) Windows 95, and is sooo sloowww that I don't think could stay on here for hours and have the computer still in one piece (I am very impatient). But hopefully I will be able to get on more often by the end of the week (as my good computer should be fixed by then).
Old 12-10-2002, 04:40 PM   #192
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

That "couple of months" will turn out to be a lot longer if no one posts, you know... *hint-hint* I was the last to do so, PLEASE POST SOMEONE!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 10:53 AM   #193
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

Sorry, just trying to draft something with the right atmosphere. I'm trying to gently increase Radagast's powers and remove his doubts etc over a period of time so that when we finally face 'Beastie'he can be of some use. He's not a dramatic blast it with a bolt of blue light kind of guy (which is more my own personal style) so I have to get into character!
Old 12-11-2002, 04:51 PM   #194
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

I probably won't be able to post until Friday. Sorry, but I'm so busy with school (you should know that by now, Ith ). If I can post before that, I'll try. Perhaps I might find enough time today.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-04-2007 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-15-2002, 03:27 AM   #195
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

I know that I said that I would post on Friday, but I suppose I forgot that I was busy that night. I was also quite busy today shopping. I'll try to post tomorrow, but it is my mom's birthday that day, so I can't guarantee anything.
I'm sorry if I'm holding any of you up on posting, but this time of the year is very stressful for me. This is the time when I'm busy with extra schoolwork, orchestra concerts, volunteering, going broke on shopping for gifts, and finding time to wrap them all.
I'll feel much better when Christmas break begins. And even then, I'm not sure I will be able to post here for a week. I am going to California for Christmas, and I'm not sure I'll be able to use a computer. I'll try, though.

BTW, whatever happened to Faye? She hasn't posted in the RPG for nearly a month. Are you still participating in the RPG, Faye?

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-04-2007 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:27 PM   #196
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Greetings All,

I am 'making' banners for all the stories on Rohan; these banners are hanging from the rafters of The White Horse Inn.

I've planned your banner to be a silhouette of a mountain peak in blue on a white background. If you would prefer something else, let me know!

Also, if you still want the name of the RPG changed, I can do it for you. Just give me the new name.

One tip which might help out with all the absences during the holiday season: Write your post(s) ahead of time and send it to a fellow gamer, who can insert it where appropriate, or, allow another gamer to "carry" your character in your absence. You can also do this for characters whose writers have disappeared for more than two weeks. I hope these suggestions help you move the game along faster.

Bethberry,
Innkeeper at The White Horse
Old 12-15-2002, 03:28 PM   #197
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Thank you for the tips, Bethberry.

I guess we still need to decide whether we want to change the name of the RPG or not.

I didn't get as far into my last post as I would've liked, as I have a headache right now. But fear not. I will eventually get my explanation post in. I still have an idea of what I want to say.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:35 PM   #198
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

okay then i will wait till u have fully done your explaining till i post
Old 12-17-2002, 12:39 AM   #199
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dűm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Where in California? And yes I am still participating. Pardon my absense. I am Role Playing at 3 different sites and one of them is mine. I will try my hardest to keep my posts coming. I'm sorry.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:35 PM   #200
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

I'm heading toward the Bay Area.

I will try to post by Thursday or Friday.