The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2001, 08:55 PM   #41
the Lorien wanderer
Shade of Carn Dûm

the Lorien wanderer has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: what?</b><br><br> The dotman rises from the dead....<br> Night of the living dotman....<br> Know what enep? I rather think we have....<br> Now get back to the topic everyone otherwise Gil will come and tick us off.... <p></p>
the Lorien wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2001, 04:39 AM   #42
enep
The Ghastly Leprechaun

enep has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: what?</b><br><br> Now to make some money out of it <br> <br> Ahem, yes, hmm, back to the topic, erm...Lurtz? Only a true genius could think up a name like that...perhaps PJ should've consulted some Tolkien Linguistic experts to make one up for him??? <p>- <i>enep</i></p>
Old 04-21-2001, 11:51 PM   #43
Zoe
Wight

Zoe has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: what?</b><br><br> &quot;Lurtz&quot; either sounds like the sort of name someone'd come up with when trying to sound &quot;german&quot; or &quot;russian&quot; (coughcough), or a member of the Addams Family. <p>"This sig is proudly quote-free." -Me.<br> (Also known as eoz, and now has a non-Tolkien forum, called <a href="http://pub57.ezboard.com/beverythingelse45161">everything else</a>.) </p>
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 01:09 AM   #44
enep
The Ghastly Leprechaun

enep has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: what?</b><br><br> Doesn't sound too good, that's for sure <p>- <i>enep</i></p>
Old 04-23-2001, 05:51 PM   #45
Mithrandir
Haunting Spirit

Mithrandir has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: what?</b><br><br> Lurtz. . .the long lost second cousin twice removed of the Adams family. . .coming soon in the next movie!!! <p>The Road goes ever on and on </p>
Mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 11:36 AM   #46
KayQy
Wight

KayQy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to KayQy
Ring

<BR> Re: what?</b><br><br> I don't know why, but I get the feeling that I've heard the name Lurtz somewhere before, besides on the spy stuff and threads. Are we sure it's not a place or very obscure ME reference?<br> <br> As to changes in the movie(not that I want to stir up the hornet's nest again)... After many years of getting upset over every little detail, I have started to follow what I call the Godzilla law. If I'm watching a movie based on a book, and I encounter a change, I mentally compare it to Jurassic Park: the Lost World, and if it's not the equivalent of turning a T-Rex loose on LA, then it's probably all right. After that fiasco, it would take quite a bit to discourage me. <p><i>I do not know that we can have a heaven here on earth, but I am sure we need not have a hell here either. --Rich Mullins</i></p>

--OC Supertones, "Wilderness"

"Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter." -- Max Beerbohm
KayQy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 03:30 PM   #47
GandaIf The White
Shade of Carn Dûm

GandaIf The White has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: what?</b><br><br> That didnt really happen in the Jurassic Park book? omg! <br> <br> Well, that is just another example of what Hollywood thinks is best for us. They are like the stupid goverment that does things for you even though you dont want it to be done. If the changes to the movie are made because they think they will draw in a bigger audience? I think not. Take the change in Arwens part for example. I think that Liv just got a little greedy.. Why else would they take away the glory scenes Eowyn? Or maybe it was just because they thought that Arwen hadnt done enough in the film, therefore, not being the best women for Aragorn. <br> <br> For whatever reason they did it, it was the wrong choice. Nobody can change it now, though. So dont whine any longer. If you want to make yourself useful, send some death threats to PJ or something. He deserves it. LURTZ! COMEON! Did they get some retard who had never read LOTR in there to make up some new guy? I personally liked the Orcs that were in the story.. And I think everyone else would have to. Ugluk rules! Lurtz drools! Thats enough childishness for one day. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000064>GandaIf The White</A> at: 5/25/01 5:31:54 pm<br></i>
GandaIf The White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 07:39 PM   #48
Theodred21
Phantom Rider

Theodred21 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Theodred21
Ring

<BR> Re: what?</b><br><br> LURTZ, that's the stupidest name for an orc I have ever heard. Where did they get such a screwed-up name as that. It sounds like the sound you'd make if you threw up. Peter Jackson should have let Ugluk have some credit too. I mean, Ugluk was a pretty nasty character. What would JRRT think if he saw this now. Oh well, books turned into movies nver escape wiithout some changes or new characters, so what's the point fighting it. Whatever PJ wants to do with the movie I'll let him, and I'll hope that this movie will turn out good. <p></p>
The old that is strong does not whither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken:
The crownless again shall be king.

-The Riddle of Strider
Theodred21 is offline   Reply With Quote