Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2006, 06:28 PM   #441
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
(Mostly to Alcarillo and Nerindel): Leof has made his 'escape,' and anyone who saw him leaving might have noticed him looking slightly guilty. If either of you (or anyone else; it didn't seem like many people were around and Garwine and Aedhel both are) want your character to notice him, follow him, try to talk him out of it, whatever, please feel free. It might be more interesting that way.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:17 PM   #442
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Folwren, what Undome said. Except that it wouldn't be quite so high legaleze, as that would be like a Gondorian infusion into Rohirric culture. Being a mere freeman until just a month ago, Eodwine doesn't have a family crest, so the King's writ serves until he comes up with one.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:38 AM   #443
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Degas, my musician lad (have I mentioned that anywhere new writers would notice?), is in a mood to play. Lin will note that he's more mellow now, caught in desire for song. Perhaps she'll find that his mind is less on her than it was just a few moments before.

Saeryn wants to hear that dream. Eodwine did well when he tantalized her with it. She'd not have ventured out to the fair if she wasn't dead curious... no other bribe would have worked.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:43 AM   #444
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Um...that ended up a bit long. Rescues welcome, and feel free to speculate on the identity of her attacker: he is noble, but other than that I have no specific identity for him. The motive is not political, mere mercenary ransom...But I'd rather they didn't get anything. Up to you guys really. I figure this will have the most immediate affect on Eodwine, sworn to protect her, and Degas, who likes her.

This is what I've had up my sleeve, by the way.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:54 AM   #445
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I plan to have Degas realize that he can't find her, realize that he can't search with a small child, and try to find Eodwine (explaining that he screwed up as protector isn't something he's looking forward to).

First though, I want Saeryn to find Eodwine and for them to talk.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #446
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
My post is up for all to pick at if they wish I probably will need a few tips on his treatment.

In looking over the posts about this, I noticed that Ęšel called for Hrethel. Rather than write a part for her, I had Lys wake up and find his wounds cleaned. That way Ęšel took part, and can be off to the fair or anywhere else she's needed. I hope that's okay Nerindel!

Tara
Old 04-19-2006, 09:55 PM   #447
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Taralphiel: That's Middle Emnet, not West Emnet. There was no such thing in Tolkien's LotR, but I've made up how King Eomer decided to create it, and make Eodwine its newly minted Eorl.

Jenny, how many days do you foresee this kidnapping last? It's April 4 in the rpg and already 4/19 in real time, and I'll want to get the two back closer to each other at some point, and maybe a prolonged kidnapping might aid that..... scarey as it sounds....
Old 04-19-2006, 10:19 PM   #448
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Eep! Sorry LMP ! I fixed upthat li'l goof Thanks for telling me.

Tara
Old 04-20-2006, 03:45 AM   #449
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Larswic and the lads are going to go and watch the horse racing. Will Leof win? Will Larswic bet on him? And if he does win, will he let on who this great new jockey is? Leof may be watching him, but he is also watching Leof!

And I love the idea that the two lads are under suspicion of causing bother! Remember Wultheof is the more hot headed one and Leocsley is more quiet, more of a rebel.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:16 AM   #450
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
How many days it lasts is pretty much out of my hands. Lin is not really all that capable of putting up a physical defense, much less escaping (Imagine that, an RPG character who's terrified, and not one bit spunky). However, if it does last for awhile, I may have the kidnappers smuggle my little darling back out of the city, to wherever the kidnapper's own lands are. Still open to advice on his identity.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #451
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
And you’ll be sorry, too . . . she thought to herself as she glanced at Thornden quickly and then away. Especially sorry if they find you “available”!

Poor man! He looked, to her eyes, ever so much the fox among the hounds . . .
Haha!! This is turning out more and more amusing than I first expected!!!

-- A very much amused Folwren
Old 04-22-2006, 03:21 PM   #452
Undómė
Shade of Carn Dūm

Undómė has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Glad you like it!

It will be interesting to see if Thornden catches on (has he been through something like this before, I wonder), or if he just answers the innocent enough sounding questions . . .
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 04-22-2006, 03:26 PM   #453
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Alcarillo, I love how you're playing on the similarity between the horses mentioned in passing weeks ago. Very cool.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #454
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómė
It will be interesting to see if Thornden catches on (has he been through something like this before, I wonder), or if he just answers the innocent enough sounding questions . . .
Oh, goodness, Thornden's oblivious, I can assure you. Actually, I'm not quite sure how much he is. I'm certainly thinking about it and will be all evening until tomorrow when I finally have time to sit down and write a post.

And yes, I'm enjoying it very much.

--------

Edit: Okay, Undome, I've put up a post and the hounds have very efficiently captured the fox.

Thornden has asked where Winstan was, and though he may be a little anxious to get on his way, there's really nothing he or the ladies can do to get Winstan going any faster, so just take your time. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 04-23-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:38 PM   #455
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Folwren: in post # 262 you'll want to be picking either the West Emnet or East Emnet; I don't think Tolkien ever gave a clue as to which of the two was first.

Firefoot: in post #263 there was no voice-amplifying sound system, so I don't think an announcer would have been heard during the actual race.

As to Eodwine and Saeryn, I'm waiting for a post from Celuien before I make one myself.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:42 PM   #456
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Righto. I had sort of wondered about that... anyway, I took it out.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:52 PM   #457
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
As to Eodwine and Saeryn, I'm waiting for a post from Celuien before I make one myself.
Gotcha. I was getting all impatient like you wouldn't believe.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:35 PM   #458
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Well, here's a question. Celuien's character Garstan is merely on the way to the fair while Eodwine and Saeryn are already there. I suppose I could do another post yet before Garstan interrupts the (ahem) careful intensities between the two not-lovebirds.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:45 PM   #459
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

That's good for me, since I'd planned on Degas interrupting them after one more post.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:48 PM   #460
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Folwren: in post # 262 you'll want to be picking either the West Emnet or East Emnet; I don't think Tolkien ever gave a clue as to which of the two was first.
Eh, very well. East it will be, then. I think that should be first, seeing as the sun rises first on it. Anyway, you said 'Middle Emnet' so I figured something would want to come first or last.

I had another question - how long after the Great War is this? Have you any idea? If Eodwine fought in it...was he a young man back then? Or is it not as way 'back then' after all?

-- Folwren
Old 04-23-2006, 03:50 PM   #461
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Eh, very well. East it will be, then. I think that should be first, seeing as the sun rises first on it. Anyway, you said 'Middle Emnet' so I figured something would want to come first or last.

I had another question - how long after the Great War is this? Have you any idea? If Eodwine fought in it...was he a young man back then? Or is it not as way 'back then' after all?

-- Folwren
Fourth Age Year 15. 16, actually, come to think of it, seeing as a new March 25 has just come and gone lately.....
Old 04-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #462
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Do you want me to wait for Garstan's arrival before I deal with Degas and the missing Lady Lin?
Old 04-23-2006, 04:37 PM   #463
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Eek! I didn't know you were waiting for me to make it to the fair, so I went to play in my concert thingy today. Took up most of the day.

I'll catch up and write tonight.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:46 PM   #464
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Sorry for and incomplete answer, Folwren. Eodwine was in his late twenties when he went to war, and lost a son, and daugher, and a wife back at the Gap while he was gone. Sixteen years later now, he is in his early 40s.

Let's wait for Garstan's arrival as it's most likely to be comic relief just before the tension mounts to something really serious.

Dinna fash y'sel', Celuien. We might be thrumming the boards with our fingers, but we'll be nice to you anyway.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #465
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Dinna fash y'sel', Celuien. We might be thrumming the boards with our fingers, but we'll be nice to you anyway.
Well that's a relief. I was worried that I might be re-exiled to Mordor for tardiness.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:40 PM   #466
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Hmmm.... Eodwine will answer yes to Garstan's question, but want to see the race through. But I want to leave it to Firefoot to give the story of the race, and if I say so, then we have us a very, very short post. So I want to wait for Firefoot to finish the race story before I respond. If Fea wants Saeryn to put these words in Eodwine's mouth and has some ideas what can happen, go for it.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:59 PM   #467
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Let's wait for Garstan's arrival as it's most likely to be comic relief just before the tension mounts to something really serious.
D'ye mean, when Degas comes back and says Lin's missing? I'm definitely looking forward to the excitement, I can tell you...

-- Folwren
Old 04-23-2006, 07:45 PM   #468
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I'll probably be finishing it sometime tomorrow, if that's all right. I was going to just have it finished in one post, but Lalwende and I had talked and I wanted to give her a chance to follow through with her part of it before I finished the race all up...
Old 04-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #469
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. Apparently when I posted my last post on the thread, I had neglected to copy the last paragraph. I have edited that now, so the question that had been actually left out the first time is now there and the post is complete. So sorry, all.

-- Folwren
Old 04-24-2006, 09:27 PM   #470
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, the way it looks to me now, I'll post when I get a chance tomorrow.
1. Eodwine asks Garstan to hold his question until after the race.
2. The three of them get so excited by Léof winning that they forget about Garstan's question and Eodwine's dream, track down Léof, and celebrate.
3. Garstan finally remembers his question and Eodwine answers it.
4. Saeryn who's patience has worn thin, asks about the dream, only to be interrupted by Degas who reports Linduial missing.
5. Eodwine & company start searching all over the fair for Linduial, dream again forgotten.

How's that look? I don't have to get all of this into one post, but it's a game plan. Any additions to this skeleton?

The Away story with Folwren and Undomė can of course thread through the fair story as it has been doing.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:31 PM   #471
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Looks good to me.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:43 PM   #472
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
2. The three of them get so excited by Léof winning that they forget about Garstan's question and Eodwine's dream, track down Léof, and celebrate.
Please bump into Garwine on the way! He'll be tracking down Leof, too, you know, after he collects his winnings. *rubs hands greedily*
Old 04-25-2006, 02:42 AM   #473
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
I'll probably be finishing it sometime tomorrow, if that's all right. I was going to just have it finished in one post, but Lalwende and I had talked and I wanted to give her a chance to follow through with her part of it before I finished the race all up...
That's OK! The important thing with my character is the whole betting thing. I wonder if he would have been all that excited watching the race anyway? Know-what-I-mean?

That was great writing, too!
Old 04-25-2006, 04:15 AM   #474
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Looks fine to me. And gives me a chance tonight to work on making the new you-know-what now that I've got my bearings straight.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:44 PM   #475
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Don't expect much from me in the meantime. I'm writing up a book of a post, but it won't come in until the search for Lin becomes truly chaotic. Oh, and I'm going to be taking liberties with the royal family.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:34 PM   #476
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

If Wistan's farm is two day's walk, isn't it safe to assume that Thornden rode horse to the place? Why then would Thornden need a new horse from Wistan's stables? Or did he walk, and is this actually two days after the horse fair? Or correct me if I'm just being dense or something....
Old 04-25-2006, 05:41 PM   #477
Undómė
Shade of Carn Dūm

Undómė has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Perhaps the man likes to walk

At least a horse was never mentioned in connection with him coming to the Farm . . .

Perhaps he parked it at the end of the lane that enters into the farm proper.

So, Folwren - what would you like to do?
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 04-25-2006, 05:53 PM   #478
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I'm so cheerfully hoping that Rose becomes at the very least a recurring character. She's so practical and has a lovely ironic sense of humor...and she's well-adjusted, which can be a rare commodity in a RP.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:10 PM   #479
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómė
Perhaps the man likes to walk

At least a horse was never mentioned in connection with him coming to the Farm . . .

Perhaps he parked it at the end of the lane that enters into the farm proper.

So, Folwren - what would you like to do?
Oh, sigh. Well, the simple fact is, I had at first thought Thornden would go on foot. But then as my posts progressed, I realized that he probably would need a horse, but I didn't go back and fix it. As it turns out, therefore, Thornden is horseless where he really would need a horse. Should I go back and change things a bit? It would take a little while for me to fix everything up. That post in which we found horses in the barn, Undome, I could fix without having to alter any of the later posts that we have written. I can also fix the earlier posts so that you will not have to edit any of your posts to accomodate this problem.

Or, (now this statement is going to show such laziness that I should be ashamed to say it and you can jump on me quite sharply if you like for it) could we just ignore it and pretend it were otherwise and he could do it all on foot? Next time Thornden has to go out to collect alms, I could take a horse.

Jenny, I too hope that Rose is a recurring character. That would be great!

-- Folwren
Old 04-25-2006, 07:42 PM   #480
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Catching up on developments...

Garstan's going to eventually get out that question about the kitchen, but I think I'm going to wait for a response to the question about the party first.