Old 10-05-2002, 07:12 PM   #121
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Amen to that, Mattius! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Iaur, this is a great story so far, and I'm glad to see you back for it. Post as soon as you can!
Old 10-06-2002, 03:55 PM   #122
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hey everyone, just a prior warning, on the 18th of october i am going to america on holiday and wont be back till november the 3rd! just thought i would tell u now so u can discuss what you want to do with Mattius while i am gone, i am happy for you to do as u have done with rothalle but if u want to like let me get captured or something like that- its all good! ok, just going to go post now [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2002, 04:06 PM   #123
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Where in America are you going Mattius?
Old 10-07-2002, 04:09 PM   #124
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Well, I hope you have fun. The U.S. is awesome! And don't worry about being gone. It's not like you haven't been posting your share!

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-04-2007 at 02:35 AM.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:29 AM   #125
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

sorry if i have posted too many times [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] & i am going to orlando
Old 10-08-2002, 05:06 PM   #126
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Oh no! What I mean is that you have been able to keep up with the story more often than any of us, which is a good thing. I wish I had more time to write more often. Sorry about that.

BTW, I went to Orlando last summer. Though I came at a bad time (it rained), I still had so much fun. You'll love it!

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-04-2007 at 02:36 AM.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:20 PM   #127
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Hi guys!

I have contemplated for some time copying this entire RPG into a fanfiction. It's one of the best I've ever seen as far as organization and originality, and I think it wil continue to go well in the future. Tell me what you think of this idea and I will act accordingly. It may be a while before I make a final decision, as Mattius will be gone, but the rest of you please let me know! Thank you all!
Ithaeliel
Old 10-09-2002, 02:51 AM   #128
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

I don't really know much about fanfiction but is it on this site, or another? But I agree that it is great!
Old 10-09-2002, 03:57 PM   #129
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Yes, Mattius, there is a big, phat fanfic page on this very site! And now they have a special place for RPGs-turned-fanfiction! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 04:02 PM   #130
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

sounds good to me but should we use like a kind of chapter system or just keep it continuous?
Old 10-09-2002, 04:38 PM   #131
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

What a great idea, Ith! I've been actually thinking about this myself and it would be really cool if we turned this into a fan fic. If we did this, it should probably be done in chapters. Where each chapter should end and begin is for us to decide.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:40 PM   #132
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] its all comming together now!
Old 10-10-2002, 02:59 PM   #133
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Perfect! I'll get started on it! I'm going to have to copy it all to a floppy since my computer doesn't have internet and I can't use my dad's except for this. I think the first dividing line between chapters should be after the night in the cave when we are attacked. Sound ok?
Old 10-11-2002, 06:55 PM   #134
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

READ! URGENT!

You all know that there is a two-week limit on dormant RPGs before they are closed. I'm getting really anxious! PLEASE start posting!
Old 10-11-2002, 07:03 PM   #135
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Whoa, calm down, Ith. The last time someone posted was about five days ago and you don't really have to worry about it until day ten.

I would post now, but I don't feel like it's the right time for me to post, if you know what I mean. Personally, I think the way Mattius ended his last post, Auriel should be next to continue. But if you would like to post, Ith, you're welcome to.
Old 10-12-2002, 05:40 AM   #136
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Auriel Haevasawen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

So so sorry for holding everyone up. I've pmed everyone with the reason why and if I've missed anyone just know I'm sorry and I do have a good reason, honest. Back to normal posting duties now I promise. For everyone's information, I have taken everyone in the vague direction of Tom Bombadil's house as according to the map I'm keeping of prodeedings that was fairly close to where we were. I've left them at the edge of the barrows. Perhaps someone could come up with an idea for next. Suggestions to be rejected or adapted or adopted by everyone:
Mattius ends up 'Barrowed' until he gets back from the US when someone can save him or he can save himself.
We stay with Tom Bombadil and he helps us in some way.
We reach their house and they are missing!

Oh, who knows. Turn us round and take us somewhere else if you wish. It was just a train of thought to help us along. BTW, I thought the fanfic is a neat idea.

Many apologies again, I hope you enjoy the US Matt. Bon voyage.
Old 10-12-2002, 10:41 AM   #137
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Don't worry about it, Auriel. You had a good excuse and we all have other lives besides the Barrow Downs. *gasp*

As for your ideas, they're good. If Mattius ends up in trouble, it'll add more excitement to the story, And then when he comes back from the US, he can decide how he wants to be saved. I also like the idea that we go to ol' Tom's house and he and Goldberry are not there.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:29 AM   #138
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

yeah send me down that barrow hole people, not quite yet tho, i dont leave till friday morning so i will write that post on thursday night ok? and also where is the fanfiction bit on this site?

[ October 13, 2002: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 10-13-2002, 08:08 AM   #139
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

Thanks for being so supportive. I had only a vague idea so I'm happy to put poor Matt in the hole and we can go to the house and find it's residents missing or the other way round but we've all got to come up with the details together. I have no reasons for the events in my head!
Ok, Matt we won't bury you till Friday!
Old 10-14-2002, 12:42 PM   #140
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

if i had a penny for everytime some1 has said that to me! ok sounds like fun, adieu, its my 18th birthday tomorrow so im off to go get drunk with friends!

matt
Old 10-15-2002, 03:38 PM   #141
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

hiya, well i guess i am going to post again cuz no1 else has for a day or so and im gonna be gone for a while so i may as well!!

matt

ps- quick note about the protectors i am slowly introducing to mattius' story. i thought they could have been sent by Manwe "at the beginning of time" to guide chosen indivduals to destroy the beast (similar to the way the wizards were supposed to guide but not fight themselves). maybe mattius could have been chosen or whatever but i want to get a bit, after i get back from the USA, where Mattius speaks person to person with the head of the protectors in private but we'll see later anyways

good night!

[ October 15, 2002: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 10-15-2002, 05:24 PM   #142
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Happy Birthday, Mattius!

You can find the fanfic page on the main page of the Barrow-Downs. It's on the right hand side.

(I have 500 posts! Oh my! )

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-04-2007 at 02:38 AM.
Old 10-17-2002, 02:46 PM   #143
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

well i go on holiday tomorrow so i am not going to be able to post for two weeks. i have decided against adding another post after i have read brinnels last post, i think you lot should continue the story cuz u are all so great!

see ya soon

matt
Old 10-19-2002, 10:14 PM   #144
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Olo Gamwich-

I don't know if you've read this thread, but hopefully you have. Your post was great and we could probably use another character in the story, but you should've let us know on this thread that you were joining. You need to give us a full warning and wait for an ok by one of us before posting.

Also, you need to write a profile for your character. It is important that you do this before you write your next post.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:20 PM   #145
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Wow Interesting! A new Character! Hullo Olo!
Old 10-20-2002, 09:42 PM   #146
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Quote:
Wow Interesting!
I agree. It will be much more interesting with a new character. I will send Olo a PM in case he didn't read my last post. It is important that we get a profile from him.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:50 PM   #147
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Good idea Brin. I don't think he knows that A new story with a real feel of Middle-Eath is the diccusion thread, sence the title dosen't say anything about the blue mountains.
Old 10-21-2002, 03:10 PM   #148
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

I'm afraid I am rather confused with your last post, Auriel. How did Mattius get back to the others unharmed, yet without his sword?

When I wrote my last post, I meant for Mattius to be captured by something, but if he is not, then we need some explanation on how he escaped and why he did not help Calentoliel. Otherwise, I will edit my post and cut Mattius out of the end of it. Let me know on what you think we should do.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-04-2007 at 02:38 AM.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:19 PM   #149
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Olo hasn't written in this thread yet and he hasn't responded to my PM. If you don't mind, I'm going to post an ooc post in the RPG so that Olo will see it. I promise I will delete the post as soon as I get a response from him.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:12 PM   #150
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

Many apologies you seemed to imply that he had not gone so I kept him there. We'll just vanish him into the mist then. Sorry.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:43 PM   #151
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

First of all apologies again for my stupidity, you can tell why I was hounded out of the main site. Sorry.
I have altered my post, disappeared Matt and left his sword in the wood as you wanted. I hope that is all O.K.
I'm working to mad deadlines off in the Mortal World which are resulting in me typing gibberish, sorry. That combined with the fact squirrels have got into my loft from the beech tree that overhangs my house and scamper around above my computer is all making it difficult to concentrate. So, so sorry, run me through with a Mordal blade.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:23 PM   #152
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Don't worry about it. We all make mistakes. And the way you fixed it was excellent.

My only concern for now is Olo. From what his last post said (which he later deleted), he is no longer planning to be part of the RPG. So, my question is should we find a way to drop Olo out of the story or should we carry another unplayed character for awhile?
Old 11-03-2002, 02:01 PM   #153
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Hey everyone I'm back with a better tan and more clothes and pretty jet lagged.

Ok I am going to post now, [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Matt
Old 11-03-2002, 05:08 PM   #154
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hey join my website!

sorry i just had to post it.

The Grey Havens
Old 11-03-2002, 09:31 PM   #155
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Faye, I would ***love*** to join your website, don't get me wrong, but I have to warn you that you are breaking the rules of the forum by spamming it here. If you want people to join, PM them!
Old 11-04-2002, 09:18 AM   #156
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

has anyone had any news of Iaurlachien??? It is her RPG after all.
Old 11-04-2002, 04:26 PM   #157
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Not since she last posted here. Perhaps her computer is still broken.
Old 11-04-2002, 04:41 PM   #158
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

has our rpg been put on the fan fiction site yet?
Old 11-05-2002, 06:10 PM   #159
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Opps ok I won't post my site again. I need more guys on my RPG that I've started. I have only one. Mattius?!?
Old 11-07-2002, 11:07 AM   #160
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

According to Ith, she hasn't even started. But she says all she has to do is copy and paste.