Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2011, 10:51 PM   #281
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Rollan has followed Amdir to the common room and is ready to receive any returning expeditionary forces.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #282
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'm having a bit of a RL obligation-smush going on, so I won't be particularly active for a couple days. B88 has a pretty solid idea of where Therian is headed, so when he gets back from his sojourns, he's got my full permission to write Therian without reservation. Everyone else can feel free to carry him along. I have some tricksy twists in store for his character growth, but he can go a little while in the background without it doing anybody any harm.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #283
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lately my amount of homework has decreased, and hopefuly it will stay at this level for another few weeks. I'm thinking of bringing a minor character in, maybe a barmaid, or Ingold's niece. Probably the latter, since I don't recall any mention of a barmaid in previous posts.

Tell me what you think.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #284
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh yes. I'm eager for a bit more hinterland to everybody's fall guy, the long-suffering Ingold...
Old 03-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #285
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Please do, Galadriel55! We'd love to have you!

Work this weekend quite busy, but I'll try to put at least a paragraph or two of dialogue up.

As far as I can tell the next "big thing" that needs to happen is that those who did their research need to make their reports... And I think there are still other "open assignments."
Old 03-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #286
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
All right, then. I'll post some character description soon (I still haven't thought it out properly )
Old 03-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #287
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'm ready to have Collie and Harry report, but I'm a little wonky about the chronology at the moment - I suppose our talk with Bergil would have been rather lengthy, and we probably didn't make it back to the inn before Cirdacil and his retinue left, so I'm just going to assume Dim's last post happened after that. That would mean Brinn and Asta are still in the courtyard, Branor and Therian haven't returned yet, and everybody else is inside, right?

And welcome aboard, G55!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #288
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Since it's a minor character, I didn't put too much information on. I think it would be enough, though.

NAME: Thiliel

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM: 14/female/Men/Lebennin

APPEARANCE: Straight black elbow-length hair, usually plaited. Grey dancing eyes. Rosy cheecks. Wears light dresses, which she often changes, usually light-blue or yellow in colour.

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER:
Ingold’s niece. Came to Minas Anor for Cormare. She is assisting her uncle in the inn during this time as well. Very talkative. Often stops working to have a chat with one person or another. Fascinated by stories. Likes to fantasize that she is one of the people in the stories.

PS: how much do we know about Ingold at the moment?

PPS: when will be the best moment for Thiliel to enter?

Last edited by Galadriel55; 03-27-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #289
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Mnemo, Coldan has given Brinn a brief digest, but you can tell him to report in full to Rollan in the common room if you want, he'll appreciate the chance to get a drink. I wasn't sure whether or not Brinn would be going to retire after such an eventful morning. Also, assume that Collie and Harry are still unaware that anything remarkable has transpired at the inn in their absence, somebody should bring them up to date.

G55, I take it Thiliel is not only visiting, but helping Ingold around the inn too, right? She looks nice to me, I suppose Sereth might like to have another teenager to socialize with (although as far as I remember, 12 and 14 is still a big difference at that age). As for Ingold, I suspect he may be the very man of that name who led the workers repairing the Rammas when Gandalf and Pippin came to Minas Tirith? If so, I guess he'd be a former mason or some such, possibly serving in the army at that time. Funny nobody's thought of asking him for his memoirs yet.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #290
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
G55, I take it Thiliel is not only visiting, but helping Ingold around the inn too, right?
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'll edit it into the bio.

Quote:
As for Ingold, I suspect he may be the very man of that name who led the workers repairing the Rammas when Gandalf and Pippin came to Minas Tirith? If so, I guess he'd be a former mason or some such, possibly serving in the army at that time. Funny nobody's thought of asking him for his memoirs yet.
So he's an old man now, if it's that Ingold. Don't worry about his memoirs - Thiliel will fix everything with her thirst for stories. "Uncle Ingold, can you please tel me one more of your stories from a long time ago?"

PS: if he's that old, maybe I should make Thiliel his granddaughter or something.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #291
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Hm, Ingold wouldn't necessarily be that old - somewhere between fifty and sixty, I'd guess (although that probably still makes him an old man from Thiliel's perspective); and if he had younger siblings, it wouldn't be at all extraordinary for him to have a 14 year old niece. In a large family, it's not unusual for the eldest and the youngest child to be ten years or more apart.

As for when to enter, it's up to you. Harrenon and Coldan will be thirsty, so you could take their orders once they've joined Amdír and Rollan in the common room. Or you could run into Sereth while she's stalking Sador to his room. Or, since it should be about noon by now, you could take a meal to Brinn who's staying with the wagons and can't walk to fetch herself one. Or whatever suits you best.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #292
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Well, Iorlas was "old" when he was 29... it doesn't matter that much anyways, though.

For now Thilien brought Brinn her meal - thanks for the idea, Pitch! It's up to you to shoo her off or to tell her about the troupe or whatever else you want.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #293
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Mnemo- should I assume Rollan waved off Aldarion to be on his way? I had him inform Rollan of his intentions just in case you needed him to stick around or wanted to insist on Rollan going along or something.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #294
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That's fine, phantom. Rollan's not keen on going anywhere at the moment.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #295
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
G55, I take it Thiliel is not only visiting, but helping Ingold around the inn too, right? She looks nice to me, I suppose Sereth might like to have another teenager to socialize with (although as far as I remember, 12 and 14 is still a big difference at that age).
I'd say it depends a lot on the individuals and Sereth for one at least tries to act older than she is...

In other words, writing a post now.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #296
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I'd say it depends a lot on the individuals and Sereth for one at least tries to act older than she is...
...and Thiliel seems unable to grow up...

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
"I'm terribly sorry!" the something said in a girl's voice.
! *bursted out laughing* You make it sound so cute!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 03-28-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #297
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Apologies it's been a crazy and exhaustive week which basically entailed work, eating, sleeping, and not time for much else. Once I catch up on the action after Amdir's firing, Branor and Therian will report to Brinn.

Welcome aboard Galadriel, I saw with how you were keeping track and thought "there's no way she's staying away forever." Glad you have joined the party.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #298
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
My apologies for the brevity of my post, but apparently Amdír is being a bit moody--I even had to make Rollan tell Coldan the news.

The fact that I'm swamped with school and possibly coming down with a cold has, of course, nothing to do with it.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #299
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Formy, if you hadn't, Rollan was going to spill anyway. Nice post.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #300
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Silmaril

Er... Lommy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereth
Mistress Celebrindal is my... friend and she is our director and manager, but does a fair bit of acting and screenwriting too.
I'm sure the arts flourished under King Elessar, but I wasn't aware cinema was one them.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #301
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Er... Lommy?

I'm sure the arts flourished under King Elessar, but I wasn't aware cinema was one them.
Oops, shall correct asap. Wasn't thinking!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #302
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I mentioned in my post that Ingold told Thiliel something about the War. You can question her about it, but her answers would for the most part be very exaggerated, and probably limited to the events that happened in Gondor.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #303
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

my character may be trying to foil the play, but I'm not; don't keep me in suspense...!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #304
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Sorry, Dim, I'm afraid Coldan wants to get rid of Harry for the moment. If you object to that, tell me.

Mnemo, Form, I guess its obvious Collie would like a talk among men. Doesn't have to be too extensive, and either of your characters would suffice. If both of you have other plans for them, or you just feel it would slow down the plot too much at this point, I'll edit my post and accomodate (or you could just make something happen to interrupt the situation - in which case it'll probably come up again later).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
don't keep me in suspense...!
Look who's talking! When are we going to hear what was in those letters? Not that I'm curious, not in the least...
Old 03-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #305
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll try to get something out later tonight. Just had a pretty rough day of work, so I'll need to wind down first, but after that, I'll be game.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #306
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Finishing up posting now.

And aside from Fea's life smush, her laptop charger has crapped out on her today.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:46 AM   #307
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Coldan's distress has made him drop his accent! I smell fraud!

As for those letters, er, what letters, er, they're an in joke between me and phantom relating to our werewolfing past, er, this may or may not be true (although it definitely isn't)
Old 03-31-2011, 09:33 AM   #308
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Probably messed up my thou's and thee's but Sereth can remember them wrong too so no problem.

And awww Coldan.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:43 AM   #309
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post
Coldan's distress has made him drop his accent! I smell fraud!
Dang, you're right! Wrote that post at work and was in a bit of a hurry. I'll hev to fix zat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
And awww Coldan.
Come on, he's been acting pretty pathetic around Asta up to now, hasn't he? I think he's due for a crisis.
(Have to say though that I'm rather fond of the lad myself - he reminds me a lot of myself in my twenties...)
Old 03-31-2011, 04:13 PM   #310
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I managed to get a new power adapter, but because of the stupid techno-crisis, I'm even more at a loss for play time since I have to produce somewhere around thirty illustrations in the next couple days... So... yeah... What looks like it will probably happen is Boro can post anything I really need Therian to say or do while he's posting for Branor, and hopefully I can survive the rest of the week...
Old 03-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #311
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Quote:
(Have to say though that I'm rather fond of the lad myself - he reminds me a lot of myself in my twenties...)
Ahahahaha.

Nerwen - nice way of handling the thous and thees but I'm quite sure Sereth will develop quite a disliking towards Asta before this game is over.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #312
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Gosh, that post got long and longer. I had intended to make two of it and give you time to let Harrenon make his report inbetween, Dim, but then youprovided the perfect clue for what Coldan had been going to suggest. I could kiss you! And I promise as soon as the Éowyn business is settled somehow, Collie will shut up and stop interfering.

By the way, Nerwen - I don't know your thoughts about the Coldan-Asta-plotline, and I'm content to let you surprise me, but just to avoid misunderstandings, I'm not sure it needs to be fully resolved at all, nor necessarily by a romantic happy end. (Just saying, I don't think you really need me to tell you that.) Let's just find out what happens.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #313
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

So, would one of you, upon Aldarion's return, be sure and pass along what Coldan said to Asta- "but it's not my fault she never existed, nor is it my fault zat Aldarion got zat wrong in the first place". (I believe Harrenon, Brinn, Therian, and Branor were all somewhere around?)

I want Aldarion to be told so that he can start some sort of conflict with Coldan (shout at him, or embarrass him in front of Asta, or threaten him or something), because Aldarion will be ticked when he is credited for screwing up a drama that he wasn't the writer of, especially since (as he has expressed) he thinks it is suicide to perform such a recent drama. As far as making it logical to report the words to Aldarion- perhaps if someone wishes for Coldan's part to be diminished in favor of their part or something maybe? I don't care what the motive is.

Last edited by the phantom; 04-01-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #314
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'm waiting for Aldarion go off on his own so Vëandur can criticize his choice of careers.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #315
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Gosh, that post got long and longer. I had intended to make two of it and give you time to let Harrenon make his report inbetween, Dim, but then youprovided the perfect clue for what Coldan had been going to suggest. I could kiss you! And I promise as soon as the Éowyn business is settled somehow, Collie will shut up and stop interfering.

By the way, Nerwen - I don't know your thoughts about the Coldan-Asta-plotline, and I'm content to let you surprise me, but just to avoid misunderstandings, I'm not sure it needs to be fully resolved at all, nor necessarily by a romantic happy end. (Just saying, I don't think you really need me to tell you that.) Let's just find out what happens.
Indeed. I think she might be somewhat mollified by the Eowyn offer, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
So, would one of you, upon Aldarion's return, be sure and pass along what Coldan said to Asta- "but it's not my fault she never existed, nor is it my fault zat Aldarion got zat wrong in the first place". (I believe Harrenon, Brinn, Therian, and Branor were all somewhere around?)

I want Aldarion to be told so that he can start some sort of conflict with Coldan (shout at him, or embarrass him in front of Asta, or threaten him or something), because Aldarion will be ticked when he is credited for screwing up a drama that he wasn't the writer of, especially since (as he has expressed) he thinks it is suicide to perform such a recent drama. As far as making it logical to report the words to Aldarion- perhaps if someone wishes for Coldan's part to be diminished in favor of their part or something maybe? I don't care what the motive is.
I'd volunteer Asta herself, but it seems to me this will work better dramatically if she's started to forgive Coldan at this point.

As for the others– well, I doubt any of them would be desperate to take over his role, since he only he only plays bit parts, and anyway I think there's quite enough intriguing going on at the moment. However, I can imagine Therian or Branor saying it to make trouble.

Fea? Boro?
Old 04-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #316
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I'm waiting for Aldarion go off on his own so Vëandur can criticize his choice of careers.
Aldarion's up in the third circle now and will soon be making a quick trip up to the fifth level before returning to the inn.

I wasn't planning on detailing his interactions as they happened (the conversations that take place within the house), but rather I planned to give a report to Brinn upon my return, so don't worry about interrupting my storyline. You are welcome to go ahead and have your character bump into Aldarion as he is on his way up to the fifth circle.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #317
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
I want Aldarion to be told so that he can start some sort of conflict with Coldan
By all means!
Quote:
because Aldarion will be ticked when he is credited for screwing up a drama that he wasn't the writer of, especially since (as he has expressed) he thinks it is suicide to perform such a recent drama.
Right you are! Poor guy can't be blamed for the crimes of his author, can he?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:27 AM   #318
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I'd volunteer Asta herself, but it seems to me this will work better dramatically if she's started to forgive Coldan at this point.

As for the others– well, I doubt any of them would be desperate to take over his role, since he only he only plays bit parts, and anyway I think there's quite enough intriguing going on at the moment. However, I can imagine Therian or Branor saying it to make trouble.

Fea? Boro?
I'm sure Bran and Therian can stir up some trouble if Aldarion is looking to steam off. That appears to be their specialty which has me wondering, how can anyone stand those two?
Old 04-04-2011, 07:59 AM   #319
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'd rather it not be Therian who does it. He's a bit self absorbed, but the only trouble he makes on purpose is with/at Branor, and pretty much only because that's fun.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #320
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I'd rather it not be Therian who does it. He's a bit self absorbed, but the only trouble he makes on purpose is with/at Branor, and pretty much only because that's fun.
Well, then, how about it, Boro? There's some fine opportunities for melodrama there!