The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #241
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Sally are you sure you don't want to claim this role too?
Not unless you do it as well. I'm all for a four-way reveal at end game, honestly. It'd be hilarious.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #242
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Lommy lied. I lied. I'm the guardian, not the maniac.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #243
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
How so?
At least you don't need to worry about accidentally killing an innocent, because you'd be doing it on purpose. That's what's going on here.

So what do you say, Kit? I really feel like we should agree on this rather than risk crossing our votes and royally screwing this up somehow.

EDIT: x'd with Kit
Old 06-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #244
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
It's funny because I've been hoping for that since your reveal and I really want you to be serious about this.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #245
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post

So what do you say, Kit? I really feel like we should agree on this rather than risk crossing our votes and royally screwing this up somehow.
Well for both Kath and Cop I felt they both flew below the radar. Neither really laid out many suspicions, neither garnered much suspicion.

They seemed to be on at opposite times, thus making it hard to counter reveal close together.

Cop seemed like she was looking for ways to get a counter reveal to save Nerwen. But Kath was a suspicion of Lottie, making me wonder if Lottie died as seer for defending you and point to Kath.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #246
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Cop seemed like she was looking for ways to get a counter reveal to save Nerwen. But Kath was a suspicion of Lottie, making me wonder if Lottie died as seer for defending you and point to Kath.
Unfortunately I agree on both points.

I still think Kath's language so far as been suspiciously unnatural, but I suppose if she were the ranger, she could also just have been feeling pressure.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #247
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Because things

Oh. Right. I almost forgot. I'm a guardian, you guys. Didn't see that reveal coming, did you?
Old 06-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #248
Kitanna
Child of the West

We have two minutes to decide. Shall we agree Kath is the ranger? Or Cop is the ranger? We're sunk if we're wrong...
Old 06-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #249
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
White-Hand

Remember votes must be time-stamped by 2100 to count. That's CDT.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #250
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
We have two minutes to decide. Shall we agree Kath is the ranger? Or Cop is the ranger? We're sunk if we're wrong...
Kath's timing is more believable, as I think the real ranger would come in as soon as she could to claim her role, but also....gah, I don't know.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #251
Kitanna
Child of the West

++Kath

I dunno...I feel it makes more sense...

edit: sorry Sally. I saw your post too late.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #252
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Gut reigns.

++Kath

x'd with Kit
Old 06-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #253
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Only four of the original group now remained to discuss options. Kath had declared she had been the one trying to protect them all from the machinations of the mischief-makers. Then Coppermirror claimed it had been her doing that. In the end, since those two each wanted the other gone, it was up to Kitanna and Sally. Their choice for RADAGAST was Kath.
'No, wait! You're making a big mistake!' she cried, as they moved her into the machine. Three hands in unison slammed down on the usual button.
'Preciousss...I mean, long live the Tolkien Est....meow!' said Kath. And they were looking at a brindle cat where Kath had been standing.
While Kitanna and Sally looked on in agony at their error, Coppermirror had not been idle. She had picked up an empty spray bottle from a table, and as the other two turned to look at her, swiftly dumped the contents of a small vial she'd had in her pocket into the bottle. 'Well, good night!' she said, spraying them both full in the face. As both fell heavily to the floor, Coppermirror noticed something on the back side of RADAGAST: a small green button which was labeled "Reverser". 'Hm, does that bring back those transformed?' she said aloud. 'Only one way to find out. But first to spray all the non-dogs out in the yard, then get my mates back to human form and ruin this stupid anti-movie thing. After all, I can't wait til PJ does Beren and Luthien.'

THE END

Wolves win!

The "Living"
Coppermirror (Moviephile)

The "Dead"
Professor Inzil
Legate (Ordo)
Greenie (Ordo)
Nogrod (Ordo)
Loslote (Ordo)
Nerwen (Moviephile)
Boro (Moviephile)
Lommy (Dreamer)
Shasta (Ordo) Modfire
Kath (Guardian)
Sally (Ordo)
Kitanna (Maniac)

Last edited by Inziladun; 06-09-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #254
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
edit: sorry Sally. I saw your post too late.
No worries, dear. I see we were of the same mind anyway. Now let's see if that mind was the right one.

x'd with the mod. We need to stop meeting like this.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #255
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well....then.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #256
Kitanna
Child of the West

My soul hurts....
Old 06-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #257
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sorry, village. You would by rights have won if not for Shasta getting mod-fired. Hope he's okay - he'd have to be busy to miss the vote two days.

I feel a bit bad about winning at a time when I didn't spend as much time on the game as I would have liked and didn't end up listing many suspicions. I was planning to be careful, but not that careful. But since I had to vote early on Day 2, using just Day 1 info, and then the next Day Lommy revealed while I was trying to put together a substantial analysis, there wasn't much chance. And I got rather apathetic, since I thought the moviephiles were a-doomed after that. Which is why I picked Lommy on Night 4, since I thought it was better to go for the best case scenario even if it was risky.

On the other hand, the glorious Tolkien movies have been saved, and I have avenged the honour of Nerwen and Boro! Out of the films, I would have settled just for The Fellowship of the Ring being retained. If Shasta hadn't been mod-fired, I would have had a 0% chance of victory and would have spent the day trying to negotiate and persuade everyone of the merits of that film, possibly using clips of Boromir's death scene. The other films could go. (That is, if Inzil wouldn't allow me to just pick Kitanna on Night 5. My night kill pick was Lommy if Shasta was mod fired, but Kitanna if he wasn't.)

It's interesting, some of the things I did that people thought were suspicious were complete coincidences. Like voting for Sally on Day 2, giving the impression there was a wolf plot against her, or not blindly accepting the Maniac and Seer proclamations, giving the impression I was trying to push for a counter-reveal. I wasn't doing either of those! A wolf's worst enemy seems to be the urge to correct with a "no, that wasn't my plan at all! I was doing something else!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
' After all, I can't wait til PJ does Beren and Luthien.'
I unironically would like to see this.

Last edited by Coppermirror; 06-10-2014 at 03:33 AM.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #258
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I didn't see the sense in making Cop go through the motions of the Night-kill.

Thanks to everyone for indulging me in this bit of nonsense.
I'd had it in the back of my mind for a while to do something of a sequel to the first game I modded, and with the upcoming last installment of TH, I thought this was a good time.

I really thought the baddies were done for, after the excellent dreaming by Lommy. The roles were all randomly assigned, but I thought it turned out to be a good mix of Gifteds vs. baddies.

Don't feel too bad, Kit and Sally. Who hasn't backed the wrong horse in this game from time to time! You can't get near my record.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #259
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Quote:
It's funny because I've been hoping for that since your reveal and I really want you to be serious about this.
Me too! I knew it was a possibility, though I couldn't really take it into account for my plans. If Lommy, Kitanna and the real Maniac had been working together like that, I would have been incredibly impressed.

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for indulging me in this bit of nonsense.
I'd had it in the back of my mind for a while to do something of a sequel to the first game I modded, and with the upcoming last installment of TH, I thought this was a good time.
Indulging you? Inzil the modest! Thank you very much for moderating this game. The narration segments were great.

I think this was a great premise. Before this game I went ahead and read the game this one was a sequel to, and I liked it a lot. Having a sequel was a great idea.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #260
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
Indulging you? Inzil the modest! Thank you very much for moderating this game. The narration segments were great.

I think this was a great premise. Before this game I went ahead and read the game this one was a sequel to, and I liked it a lot. Having a sequel was a great idea.
Thanks for the kind words! I was just trying to make it fun, and at the same time make sense.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #261
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:

Don't feel too bad, Kit and Sally. Who hasn't backed the wrong horse in this game from time to time! You can't get near my record.
I remember fondly being in Cop's shoes and being last wolf standing to victory. I begrudgingly offer a "good game" to the wolves.

It really was a good game. Thanks for the mod, Zil. And well done to our seer and ranger who managed to avoid night kills until after they revealed (or a bad lynch in Kath's case, sorry dear)

Nogrod, I'm sorry I got you lynched. I really, really thought you were guilty.

Lommy, amazing seering.

Sally, this is game history. I didn't vote for you once.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #262
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sally, this is game history. I didn't vote for you once.
Between us not suspecting each other, Kath showing up Day 1, and Nerwen remembering to vote on Day 1, I think this game may cause an implosion of the Downs.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #263
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Good job, Lommy and Kit - the village was close!

And even better job, Cop, Boro, and Nerwen with the win!

Apologies to Legate and Nog for being completely wrong.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:28 AM   #264
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ack, after Shasta was modfired I had a bad feeling this just might happen. Hats off to Cop though - had I been there without a clue last Day I can't say I'd have got it right. I was virtually suspecting everyone of you (yes, even having second thoughts about Sally) and I dreamed of Kath the last Night so you could say it was a similar choice to yours. Also, well done Nerwen and Boro, I'm not very confident I would've got you guys either had I not had some advantages on my side.

And I don't want to boast (but I do!), but I think I have a pretty badass track record as the seer. I have always (I think I've been the seer 4-5 times) made it far enough to reveal and either won the game for the village or given them at least two wolves. The seer just might be my favourite role. (To counterbalance my bragging, I have more or less messed up the couple of times I was a ranger or a hunter. Not so good at that. And I suck at lying so I'm not the best of wolves either. )

It was so fun to play after a long time, so a big thank you to Inzil for modding! I also enjoyed the narrations very much. And thanks to everyone who played too, of course. You bunch are always great. I hope the next village is a bit more chatty though, this was at times too quiet to my taste - I guess that's what you get for lynching Legate on Day1 and Nogrod on Day2.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:17 AM   #265
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, well, well! Despite my all too early demise, I followed the game (later mostly through Lommy's reports) and it was quite fun. All hail Inzil, in any case, for awakening the sleeping forum, and creating a very good setting (the Maniac turned out pretty good, I think!).

Of course congratulations to the remaining Wolf for wriggling herself out of the situation with the last counter-reveal, that was quite a feat. Of course I am sad for the village not winning, because I think (despite lynching me) it was a good job. So especially commendations to Kitanna for well-timed reveal and even more to Lommy for nailing down two Wolves and remaining alive long enough to tell about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Apologies to Legate and Nog for being completely wrong.
Apology accepted, captain Needa... everyone is entitled to mistakes.

But only a note regarding this, it's been probably my, something like, third game among the last ones when I was lynched on Day 1, and one more game among probably something like my last six games played where I didn't live past Day 2. Or somesuch. Well, I at least hope this trend won't continue too long. I would expect people to notice that if the grounds they used several times for suspecting me have proved wrong, it isn't a good lead to determine my wolvery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I hope the next village is a bit more chatty though, this was at times too quiet to my taste - I guess that's what you get for lynching Legate on Day1 and Nogrod on Day2.
Hear, hear!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:23 PM   #266
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well I'm glad my last living act was indeed to vote for a wolf!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #267
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Well I'm glad my last living act was indeed to vote for a wolf!
I was actually so confident you would be trusted, I had the end of Day narrative written to reflect that. That's why it took me so long to have it done.

I'll try to get the list of dreams, saves, and kills for those who might be interested.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #268
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Congrats, wolves!

I can't say I've paid that much attention to the game but I skimmed it every now and then, even read a post or two. One of these posts was Kath's, and I thought: I have no clue what she's talking about, but she's definitely a wolf. Sorry! *sheepish look* But after your reveal I decided that you're the real Ranger and not Cop. Huh.

However, since Cop had to either kill or "lynch"/Day-kill Kit, would she not also have to be dead? So could it be a no-person win?
Old 06-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #269
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
However, since Cop had to either kill or "lynch"/Day-kill Kit, would she not also have to be dead? So could it be a no-person win?
I actually considered that. But it hardly seemed fair to Cop to deprive her of a win just because the Maniac happened to be the last Innocent left.

It was definitely one of the more interesting games I've been involved with, despite the relatively low post count.
Like others have noted, I blame that on the players for taking out the Finnish contingent so quickly.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:00 AM   #270
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
But only a note regarding this, it's been probably my, something like, third game among the last ones when I was lynched on Day 1, and one more game among probably something like my last six games played where I didn't live past Day 2. Or somesuch. Well, I at least hope this trend won't continue too long. I would expect people to notice that if the grounds they used several times for suspecting me have proved wrong, it isn't a good lead to determine my wolvery.
I don't think my track record for the last games is that bad - but I think it's close. So, hear, hear!

But yes, it was fun to play a game for a long time - even if it was a shortish one for me. So kudos to Inzil - and others who pushed for a game to played again.

And congrats to the wolf-trio, not only for winning but winning quite neatly taking into account Lommy's masterful seership (*hurray!*)! When lynched I could have bet that Kit and Sally at least are wolves... so maybe it was better I wasn't around anymore to confuse others with my mistaken ideas.

Let's have another one during the summer, shall we? Maybe a bit more vocal one as well perhaps?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:05 AM   #271
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And congrats to the wolf-trio, not only for winning but winning quite neatly taking into account Lommy's masterful seership (*hurray!*)!
Actually, I had concluded that Lommy couldn't be the Seer, mainly because of her continued suspicion of Sally... famous last words.. It didn't occur to us that she, too, might have been using Sally for cover. (Poor Sally!)