User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-29-2002, 05:28 AM   #601
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Celeaewen returned to earth rather painfully, having just been wandering the soft darkness of unconsiosness. she groaned, and noticed that there was a bandage on the shoulder that had been caught in dragon's blood. she winced.it was her right arm. better hope no more action came along for some time, at least not her way. and that she would be unable to play her harp. just then she saw Cimmerian and followers trying to go stealthly through the wodds, hindered by the fact that they were dargging Birdland. she shok her head, and hoped that SOMEONE was able-bodied.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:44 AM   #602
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frodo is still lying down, not being able to stand yet.
"C7A, this is for you." Frodo hands her a book bound in purple velvet with "The Silmarillion" written in gold on the front. The book has a jeweled lock and latch. The lock is open with a solid gold key on a mithril chain.
"I know it can never replace you precious, but it may help."
Old 05-29-2002, 09:45 AM   #603
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

YAYYY!! I started another page!!! woo hooo!!!
Old 05-29-2002, 11:00 AM   #604
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio took a deep breath and focused on Rose. She ruffled the hair on her head and gave her a big hug.

'I knew you would pull through for us, you little thief!!',she exclaimed with a tone of affection and relief.

Now that they had the REG there was no worry about Melkor figuring out a return engagement using it. The wheels also started turning in Pio's head about the now continued possibility of ransom.

'Rose, Veritas - we've got to get Child and Birdie back here with us. The REG could still net us some tidy profits if we play our cards right this time. Can you find somewhere to keep it secret and safe, Rose? - until we can contact Mithadan again. & please make sure you don't touch any of the buttons, although I think it is still in the *off* mode from Melkor.'

Pio's brain was spinning with possibilities - 'Too bad I had to skewer the laptop.' she thought to herself.'That could have brought in a few bags of silver pieces I'll bet.'

Pio poured Rose, Veritas, and herself a large drink, and the three put heads together and began to consider the next step in their plan.
Old 05-29-2002, 11:23 AM   #605
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Birdie had just returned to the Party Field, congratulating her self for her role in "The Battle of the Void", and looking forward to hitting the freshly stocked buffet tables, and more importantly, the freshly stocked bar.

Suddenly a net is dropped over her head, and her hands are bound with heavy, iron chains. It's Cimmerian and his nefarious Roleplaying Press Gang or (RPG)!

"Veterans!" he cackled, "After what you've just been through for the last 5 pages, you lot will do splendid in the Freestyle RPG room."

"And as for you, Birdland. Think you can just go AWOL from A HOBBITS' TALE, do ye? Leave us in the lurch in Bree and just wonder off? We'll see about that! We've got a special 'adventure' for deserters. MuWaHAHA!"

"NOOOOO!" thinks Birdie. I just helped battle Morgoth! I can't go back to standing around ooohhhing and aaahhhing while hobbits stage a make-out party"

Morphing into full Ent Wife mode, Birdie breaks the chains binding her. Grabbing the ends of the chains, she swings Cimmerian's minions over her head and flings them across the field, where they crash into a stockpile of 1420 ale.

"That ought to keep them happy for awhile", said Birdie, then she morphed into her Corfu charater and flew off to the buffet table.

[ May 29, 2002: Message edited by: Birdland ]

[ May 29, 2002: Message edited by: Birdland ]
Old 05-29-2002, 11:36 AM   #606
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pio poured herself another pint of brew and settled back comfortably in her chair. It was good to relax for a while. The wounded seemed to have gotten taken care of and were now refueling their bodies and spirits with food and drink from the sumptuous tables. Rose had gone off to hide the REG and Veritas had gone off in search of a few more mushroom dishes to enjoy.

A sudden scuffle came into pio's field of view, on the farther end of the fields. It was Birdie, and she looked to be in trouble. Someone had thrown a net over her and was attempting to drag her off. But, no, the doughty warrior had ripped off the net and was throwing her assailants right and left. 'An Ent, too' thought pio, tucking away that valuable piece of information. She watched in amazement as Birdie morphed again and flew toward her position.

'Need any help?' asked pio, standing to draw her blade.

'What I need is a large drink or two, and a plate of those fried Mushrooms,' gasped the parched woman.

'Where's Rose, Veritas, and Child?' came the muffled question as Birdie stuffed her mouth with food.
Old 05-29-2002, 01:46 PM   #607
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Sam, who had just managed to stop crying over Frodo's being hurt, now started bawling again at his sweet gesture.

Primrose: Oh, Papa.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Stacey: Prim, I could sure use some tea.

Primrose: *Running off* I'll go see if I can find a pot!
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-29-2002, 02:01 PM   #608
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo is now able to sit up, and is laughing his head off. "Oh, Sam!" giving Sam a hug, "you're hopeless. But hopeless in a good way."
Old 05-29-2002, 02:21 PM   #609
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey chuckles. Sam, whose face and eyes are now both red, hugs Frodo back.

Sam: Thank you, sir...*sniffle*

*Stacey gets up and goes to see how Primrose is doing with the tea.*
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-29-2002, 04:55 PM   #610
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rose giggled when Pio ruffled her hair.
And the drinks and food she receved strengthed her enough to go hide the REG.

It was strange that at first she had been trying to stop Pio, Veritas, Child, and Birdie from ransome but now that she was one of them she was contect with whatever they wanted. It felt good to be part of a team.

Then she thought of Pio's words:

'I knew you would pull through for us, you little thief!!'

She was becoming a pritty good theif.
Frodo's jewls, the REG, and Sind's sword. Then Rose looked down at the blade. She had ment to return it but now she saw it was badly stained and worn from it's last battle. She decided she would keep it. Her own elven sword.

"I name you Vardatil from the barrow-down's name generator. It means theif's friend."

Watch out Bilbo, there's a new burgler in Middle Earth. And she went off the find a good hiding place.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:06 PM   #611
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Primrose comes back with a cup and saucer in her hands. She walks slowly, so as not to spill it.

Stacey: Ah--thank you much, dear.

She relieves the little hobbit of her "burden", and lets her run back to the kitchen behind the bar. Stacey places the cup and saucer gently in Frodo's lap.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:09 PM   #612
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel sighs, as the battle is over, and she did not have to fight...as she gets a little carried away when she fights. She refills her ale mug for only about the 70th time...

"So: anyone interested in a story...?"
Old 05-29-2002, 05:11 PM   #613
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

She found a tree were the little box fit perfectly under it's roots. Then covering the place with ferns and grass she returned to her new.... friends? Yes. Definatly. You couldn't save the world without becoming friends.

[ May 29, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 05-29-2002, 05:20 PM   #614
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

As Rose returns to the bar she spots Sam and decides to talk to him.

"Hello Sam. Hey, you know what would hit the spot right now? If your up to it. Some of your famous coney stew. I fancy Primrose would be able to catch you some rabbits with that bow of hers."

She smiled. Sam always made her smile.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:26 PM   #615
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam's stomach rumbled at the suggestion.

Primrose jumped up. "I'll be back soon, Papa!" she said, running off into the woods.

Sam: Be careful, Tiny Rose!

Stacey: Watches Primrose run off, wondering if her father's "Coney stew" will be much different from the "Rabbit soup" her pastor's wife used to make....
Quote:
Sam went red to the ears and muttered something inaudible, as he clutched the box and bowed as well as he could.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:43 PM   #616
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel looks around...

"Any takers on the story? I know many good ones..."
Old 05-29-2002, 06:55 PM   #617
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose watched as Primrose ran off.

Then she remembered the REG. What if Primrose found it while hunting? Rose's stomach lurched. Pio, Veritas, Child and Birdie would be really mad. Then she shook off the feeling. The REG was well hidden. Primrose wouldn't find it.

Then Rose walked over to Pio and Veritas.
Old 05-29-2002, 07:55 PM   #618
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Birdie and the other members of the Distaff Fellowship are kicking back, "filling up the corners", so to speak. Birdie reaches for the nearest bottle and puts up her feet.

"A story sounds good about now, Menelduliniel. Let's here it."
Old 05-29-2002, 08:44 PM   #619
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"So Rose," asks Child "Where did you hide the REG."

"Under a tree deep in the forest over there. It's as snug and a hobbit in a hobbit hole. How much do you think we could get for it?" Replyed Rose.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:48 PM   #620
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Just then Primrose returned from the trees.
She had sussecfully caught a good number of rabbits.

Rose watched anxiously to see if Primrose had the REG with her or not. She couldn't tell if that was just another rabbit under her arm or not.........
Old 05-29-2002, 09:39 PM   #621
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo looked at the cup and saucer in his lap, and then at Stacey "And you did this because....? I hope C7A liked my gift, she hasn't said anything." *sigh*
Old 05-29-2002, 10:14 PM   #622
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam's jaw drops at the sight of the number of coneys Primrose has brought back in such a short time.
Sam:"Tiny Rose?? Where'd you get all them? "

Primrose: *chuckles* Well, Papa, I guess all of our --uh-- 'craziness' out here scared 'em all out of wherever they were hidin'--or, now that things've calmed down, they all came out to see if things were safe--*smirks* and then I came along.
*She heaves one from over her shoulder, lifts one arm and lets one drop to the ground, and does the same with the one in the other hand.*

Stacey wonders if they're going to "fix" the rabbits here, but Sam says:

Come on, Tiny Rose, let's take them down by the river an' do some skinnin. I wonder if they've got the herbs I use, here....

*He and his daughter pick up the rabbits and head for the river. Stacey heaves a sigh of relief that they aren't going to "fix" the rabbits right there.

She turns to Frodo.

Well, tea always calms my nerves. Sad to say, that's probably one of the only "hobbity" things about me, 'cept that my hair's brown and I like flowers. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2002, 10:17 PM   #623
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey: And Frodo, I'm sure C7A liked your gift. I saw that she seemed awfully upset having to do what she did with hers--but I'm glad she did--it was necessary. Maybe she just hasn't 'come down' from all the craziness, yet, either.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:32 PM   #624
Kettle of fish
Wight

Kettle of fish has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ket balanced painfully on a stool. Somewhere in the melee, it had been used as a helmet and now had a large dint. More upsettingly, its fish were missing, and it had no idea what was going on.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:21 AM   #625
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

(Hee-Hee!) Anyone wanna tell Ket what happens to fish at Barrow Down parties? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2002, 12:48 AM   #626
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child came roaring back onto the Barrow-downs site and began pestering everyone to find out where Frodo Baggins was. She carried a beautiful copy of the Silm under her arm, bound in purple velvet and with a mithril chain and lock.

She truly had never owned such a gorgeous volume. She had once tried to purchase such a collectors' edition on e-bay, but discovered that her meagre earnings as a Shire messenger did not cover the cost of such a book.

Child was babbling incoherently. She had apparently left the Downs for several hours in order to communicate with her employers. They had questioned her story about being detained by Morgoth in the void, and she had even feared that she might lose her appointment as a messenger. And since Child's hobbit family lacked the resources of the Bagginses or Tooks, it was quite important that she retain her position and salary.

Child had managed to settle that matter and had then returned to the party site. She had just discovered the beautiful Silm given to her by Frodo and was very excited.

Child races over to Frodo and gives the poor skinny fellow a large squashy, motherly hug. "You are a dear," she tells him, "and I'm glad you are looking better now, although you could still use a meal or two to put some meat on those hobbit bones!"

Child secretly decides to cook a big pot of mushroom stew after she gets home and have one of her children carry it over to Frodo's hobbit hole in the Downs, both as a thank you and to make sure that the fellow ate a bit more properly. Child could be a bit absent minded at times, but, like all properly raised hobbits, she had immaculate manners and was very careful to say thank you.

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 05-30-2002, 02:38 AM   #627
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When she hears Birdland caliing if anybody wants to explain what happened to Kettle, she walks over to tell the story:

"I jumped in the story on page 5, and then everybody was a bit sleeping. I met there pio, Birdland and Child, they were planning to steel the Random Events Generator from Mithadan. well, we stole it and threw Mithadan in the river.

He was found by Frodo and came back to us a little angry, we gave him his stuff back, exept for the REG and his laptop. Then suddenly the REG was dissapeard, so we found him back, and that a few times, I thought.

Then we send Mithadan and the Barrow-Wight an e-mail that we had the REG, but when I was checking it, the REG appeard on the screen, and it was gone.

This is when Rose jumped in, we touched the screen and went to a forest, where a temple was. There was the old friend of Gollum, and he wanted renege, that's why he gave Mithadan the REG, and Mithadan had followed us into the laptop, and found us.

It seemed that Deagol was not Deagol, but Morgoth. He send Mithadan and his friends back, but we staid, and were locked up to make a dissicion about wether we wanted to join him or not. He changed the temple into the void.

Suddenly we heard singing form outside, and we began to sing. Morgoth broke our piramid, and then a great battle was began.

On the fields of Cormallan the Valar were come, and with them all the party-members went down in the void to rescue us. Morgoth wanted to escape, but pio stoped him by destroying the laptop.

And then we were at page 16! I hope I explained it a bit, any notes are welcome!"
Old 05-30-2002, 04:44 AM   #628
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose being relived Primrose hadn't found the REG now listened to their strange adventure.

"Our adventure dosn't have to be over yet." she half pleaded "To go home now would be like giving up. And besides, we still have the REG." Rose thought about that. She got up from her seet. "I'll be right back" she said absent mindedly. She walked into the woods and they could hear her murmer "We DO still have the REG."
Old 05-30-2002, 05:05 AM   #629
Kettle of fish
Wight

Kettle of fish has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Ket smiled - if a copper kettle could smile. (But Ket always found that ignoring these anomalies was better that thinking about them too hard, because if you brought too much attention to them, the universe would catch on that something was wrong, and all of a sudden, you wouldn't be able to smile. Or think. Which really simplified matters, but made life much more boring.)

"Thankyou Veritas. Everything has gotten stranger since I started knowing stuff - but it is starting to resemble a more ordered chaos. Kind of like a pizza."

All the while, Ket kept a keen lookout for the fish. It was uneasy eversince Birdland's comment and was hoping the fish had enough money to bribe themselves out of trouble. Unless they stuck together, of course. Then the green fish could do its kung fu and flip them all out of trouble...
Old 05-30-2002, 10:32 AM   #630
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Celeaewen was happily drowning herdelf in food, like only a wounded not-so-warrior could. her lovly dream turned slightly nithmarish, when she saw Veritas talking to-a kettle? this was frightening. she looked at her food suspisiosly, and pushed it away, took another sip of her miruvor, and pushed that away too. Never could be too safe.
Old 05-30-2002, 10:34 AM   #631
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Oh, C7A. Haha I hoped you liked it. I didnt see you so I was wondering.
It's non a case of mot eating properly, its a case of being overlooked. I probably would have been left to die if it wasn't for Sam.
I'm glad you like your gift C7A
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2002, 12:20 PM   #632
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pio sat back in her chair, and perched her feet on the table since there was no one else sitting with her at the moment. A large pint of dark ale was cradled in her hands, and she raised it to her lips for a satisfying swig.

Glancing out the door of the makeshift party tavern, she thought she saw a familiar small figure hurrying toward the edge of the fields and toward the trees. The semifurtiveness of the figure's movements made her narrow her eyes for a closer look.

'It's Rose,' she thought to herself. 'What's the little one doing way out there by herself?'

Getting up from the table, the drink now abandoned, she nudged Veritas and pointed at the figure just slipping under the canopy of the leaves.

'It's just Rose,' said Veritas,'probably going for a walk. What's the problem?'

Pio, her head cocked, listening intently, turned back to Veritas and grabbed her arm in preparation for a swift sprint after the now disappeared hobbit.

'Walk, heck!!', said Pio, starting to drag the wizard along at a good clip.'She's muttering something about "my precious" to herself. This could bode ill!'
Old 05-30-2002, 12:45 PM   #633
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Rosseil was, as well, eating as much as she could of nearly everything (she's a vegetarian) and glugging ale, miruvor, water, wine, anything she could reach. she was just polishing off a Insalata Caprese (very good, italian food is)when she noticed Celeae pushing her food away and staring at somthing: a large copper kettle seemed to be talking. Rosseil scrutinized her food, shrugged, and continued eating and drinking at a rapid pace.
"Sheleae, wugh fu paf pha breaf am buffer, pleef?"
Old 05-30-2002, 02:09 PM   #634
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose?? Oh no, Rose. Tell me she's not doing this!!! *Frodo painfully follows Rose*
ow...ow..ow
Old 05-30-2002, 02:20 PM   #635
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel sits down to think of a real story...

"Hmmm...what would you prefer: an adventure story or a love story?" (She thinks of both, depending on which is chosen...)

"Okay: have two: now pick!"
Old 05-30-2002, 06:37 PM   #636
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose felt drawn somhow to the REG. She took it from it's hiding place too look at it. She had to find some way so she could completely control it's actions. She pryed it open and started to work with the wires. It was strange. She felt like she new exactly what to do. In a trance-like state she programed the REG untill it suddenly lit up. It made a huge screeching noise. Then everything was quite. The REG had shrunk. It was now a small as the palm of Rose's hand.

Then she new as if it had told her that she was now it's master. She could do anything.

"Make a plate of mushrooms." Rose said to the REG. A plate of mushrooms apeared.

By this time Pio, Veritas, and Frodo had reached Rose and were watching her from behind a tree. Rose got up and started to walk back to the party.

"Wait" called Pio. "Rose, what are you doing?"

"I was checking to see if the REG was safe" She replyed with her usuall smile.

"Where is it" asked Veritas.

"It's um...."

"You have it, don't you." said Frodo.

Then Pio said " Rose, you shouldn't play with it. It can be dangerous."

"Dangerous?" Rose laughed."It's not anymore. I have tamed it. I am it's master now." Then she walked up to a tree. "Make this tree purple" the tree turned purple.
"Now you try it." she said. She handed the REG to Frodo who said:

"Make the grass blue" nothing happened. Then Pio and Veritas tried. But they couln't do it either. Then Rose took the REG and placed it back in her pocket.

"And I can do so much more with it. I can summon people and things. Create weapons out of thin air. Yes. In the wrong hands this is the most dangerous weapon in the world. But don't worry. I won't do anything bad with it.And if anyone tries to take it to use it for evil I can easily stop them. For example, by sending arrows at them." Then she walked back to the party grounds.

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 05-30-2002, 06:41 PM   #637
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
I hope I explained it a bit, any notes are welcome!"
Primrose: Actually, it was Papa and I as found Mister Mithadan in the River...

Samwise:Tiny Rose, that dosen't matter in the least. I was glad for the explanation.

Stacey: Me, too! Those parts were really confusing. Now that I've read the explanation, my head's more clear on everything too--and I was here when it happened! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2002, 06:45 PM   #638
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey had gone to see if Sam and Primrose were near being through (though if they weren't, she was going to close her eyes and come back ASAP).
As she came back up the hill, she saw that Frodo was gone!
Stacey: Oh, no! Where is he!?!? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I do not want to see Sam upset again.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2002, 07:13 PM   #639
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo is leaning against a tree, looking pale and brething heavily. "I'm here, Stacey. Rose is up to something I di not feel is right. I tried to follow her but I can't. I'm stil not strong enough."
Old 05-30-2002, 07:23 PM   #640
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

When Rose returned to the party field she decided she'd test her new power. The field was a mess after all that had happen so she whispered.

"Clean the field" the party site suddenly looked alot cleaner. The tents were back up all the way. The trash was gone. Everything was back the way it should be. A lot of people looked up in amazment but none of them knew Rose had done it. Exept for Frodo, Veritas, and Pio who were standing at the edge of the trees.