The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-29-2007, 06:59 AM   #81
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Let's make this fun.

++Lal

Toodles, everyone.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:59 AM   #82
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

That was a reply to your previous post, by the way.

No, I am not a Werewolf, and I most certainly do not want a quadruple lynch.

++SHASTANIS ALTHREDUIN
Old 07-29-2007, 06:59 AM   #83
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Old 07-29-2007, 07:02 AM   #84
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Voting is closed Shasta is dead and an innocent. Narration will be up later today.

Seer dream. Wolves kill. Ordinary's quiet.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:02 AM   #85
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

:d
Old 07-29-2007, 11:41 AM   #86
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Here's the narration...I'll just stick it after tp's...umm face.

-----------------

'So who's it going to be?' asked Mithalwen. 'It seems like today has gone exactly like yesterday.'

'I say we lynch Boro' said Gil-galad.

'But Boro's dead.' replied Shasta.

'Don't forget the two people we're dealing with here.' said Gil. 'Anything is possible with those two.'

'How about we check the body make sure it's still there?' said Captain thoughtfully.

'It's probably a fake' grunted Gil. 'I say we lynch him again just to make sure.'

'But they said this was a straightforward village. No funny business this time.' said Lal.

'Do you really believe everything they tell you?'

'Ok, lets not start bickering about whether Fea and Boro were telling us the truth' chimed in Holby. 'We got to figure out who it's going to be so we don't lynch three people this time.'

'Well we failed to catch a wolf by sending three to the gibbet yesterday. So I'm going to vote for Lal and say we send five today. We'll have a better chance with five lynchees.' phantom said in what seemed to be witty sarcasm.

'Or not.' said Sauce. 'I say Shasta.'

The majority nodded their head in agreement that it would be Shasta who would go to the noose today.

'This isn't going to do you any good.' cried Shasta. 'I'm not a wolf, I tell you.'

'Ya, ya, tell it to the judge.' said Kath who walked Shasta up and put the rope around his neck.

Shasta fell through the trap door on the platform and his neck broke instantly. The villagers looked on, but no transformation took place. Shasta was innocent and there were still three who had a grin from ear-to-ear.

------------------

Dead

Night One: Boromir88 (scholar) and Fea (wife)
Day One: Legate (innocent), Durelin (innocent), Menel (innocent)
Night Two: Brinniel (innocent)
Day Two: Shasta (innocent)

Alive

CaptainofDespair
Gil-Galad
Holbytlass
Kath
Lalwendë
Mithalwen
the phantom
The Saucepan Man

-----------------

Night three.

Seer dream. Wolves kill. Ords queit.

Last edited by Boromir88; 07-29-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:43 AM   #87
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Dawn once more, and the first villager to the square is CaptainofDespair, always an early riser, and convenient in an alphebetical sort of way.

He sits with his back against the stone well, watching the front doors of each small house open, close, and disappear behind the nearing villagers who emerge from them.

Gil-Galad joins him first, muttering about Nazgul in the village graveyard. "Undead Riders, I tell you! Enslaved far into the afterlife by means of enchanted jewelry!"

"You're wrong." interrupts Holby gently. "The travellers we found were bound, but in a different way than rumors amongst Elves and Wizards tell of Nazgul:

"Two Rings to rule them both, two rings to find them. Two rings to haunt them beyond life and neatly bind them. In the land of Marriage, where heavy years do lie."

"So you think," asks Kath, "that they do not haunt us?"

"I think not." says Holby quietly. "I think they spend the afterlife quietly together, bound eternally by their love."

Mithalwen sips tea, pondering the bodies they had found so recently. "What do you think they wanted with our village?"

The phantom laughs. "Isn't it obvious? They were coming to worship me."

Saucie raises a single eyebrow. "I believe we're missing one of our fellows."

Indeed, Lalwendë has not joined their morning well-meeting. When they search her house, there is no sign of struggle. Her bed is neatly made with a cat curled up upon it. Her gardens are immaculate.

Suddenly Mithalwen turns away, dead white. The crows which Lal had so often complained of frolicking amongst her produce perch at bay upon the crest of her roof. A new scarecrow has been erected amongst her tomatoes, fertilizing them with dripping blood. Lalwendë has been found, and found innocent.

---

Dead

Night One: Boromir88 (scholar) and Fea (wife)
Day One: Legate (innocent), Durelin (innocent), Menel (innocent)
Night Two: Brinniel (innocent)
Day Two: Shasta (innocent)
Night Two: Lalwendë (innocent)

Alive

CaptainofDespair
Gil-Galad
Holbytlass
Kath
Mithalwen
the phantom
The Saucepan Man

---

Hey villagers, you're going to want to be right today...
Old 07-30-2007, 07:54 AM   #88
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
There are seven of us left, as we all know we HAVE to lynch a wolf or all is lost. Therefore I can't wait to see if we might lynch one;
I am the seer. I dreamt of The SaucePan Man last night in hopes of knowing I had a strong ally to get in touch with, not this time, he is a wolf.
I'm sorry I have no further information for the village because Legate and Brinniel were my other dreams and they are dead.

SaucePan Wolf
Day1
15) supports Duerlin (dead); susp of Kath; questions CoD; joking susp Phantom
38) susp Legate(dead); susp of bandwagon against Duerlin(dead) and Menel(dead); votes Legate(dead)
39)wants 3-way tie broke
DAY2
48)susp of Lal, Gil, CoD for no votes; suggests that Brinniel's death is a frame-up of The Phantom
50)susp still of Durelin and Menel bandwagon voters; susp of Phantom's vote; defends Mith; susp of Kath
72) concerned of Phantom;susp of Kath and Holby but won't vote cause they're not here; susp of a Shasta(dead)/Lal alliance;still susp of CoD for no vote
73)susp of Shasta(dead)/Lal alliance,says they are working to throw suspicion his way
74)voting tally;wants to talk to Phantom to avoid another multiple lynching
76)talking to Phantom- wants to vote either Lal or Shasta(dead), not Holby
80)won't let another multiple lynching happen;says will vote Shasta(dead)
82)votes Shasta(dead)

This is just a quick summary, I expect that there will be more indepth annalysis. On the whole, SpM is ever the helpful one. He is suspicious of everyone. Except SpM barely touches Gil and even defends Mith a few times in a nonchalant sort of way that actually gets my spidey-senses tingling.

He was wrong (of course) about the a Shasta/Lal alliance, unless it's a huge orchestrated plot that a wolfLal aligns herself with an innocent then starts to manuever their suspicion against SpM-but the true innocent(Shasta) gets lynched, too much for me but could be done, but too many factors to go awry so I'm thinking Lal is innocent.

Then there's the SpM/Phantom "alliance". I'm not saying they are in cahoots together as they usually, good or bad, use each other as soundboards-the only thing is that SpM is just enough suspicious of Phantom as not to seem to be exactly working together.

SpM really, really suspects Kath, maybe a wolf to wolf thing

++The SaucePan Man
Old 07-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #89
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Where's Sauce?

Isn't now the time that he's supposed to show up and say "No, I'm the Seer! Holby must be a WW trying to dupe us!"

Anyway, I'll be back in a bit.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:12 AM   #90
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh I am so rubbish - sorry Holby ..... not only do I fail to find a wolf but I vote for the seer ....

Need to look back with this information but I have little hope of providing much insight on current form...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:27 AM   #91
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
The phantom is the only one of those still alive so, on the face of it, her (Brin) death points to him. However, I wonder whether the phantom would be that clumsy. If anything, I suspect that it may have been an attempt to frame him.
SPM said that yesterday about Brin's death.

And look at last night's death- Lal. It would seem that the same could be said of her. After all, she voted for me, and I voted for her last minute. And with Lal dead, we have absolute proof now that I am a Werewolf and was attempting to toss another innocent onto the fire. Very interesting. That sounds like something SPM would do to me. Don't you just love him?

I don't think SPM believed Lal was the Seer, mainly because I did not believe she was, and I don't imagine Sauce's thinking would be much different than mine. But then maybe I'm wrong, in which case we need to carefully examine everything Lal said in case she was indeed pegged as the Seer.

Personally, though, I don't think the WWs felt the need to go for the Seer. All they had to do was create a Daytime situation in which at least one innocent would vote incorrectly, and viola- game over.

Assuming that Holby is telling the truth, that's really tough luck that both of her other dreams are dead. Drat.

I'm offended you didn't dream about me, Holby. Deeply wounded....
Old 07-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #92
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

FYI, SPM and the phantom in cahoots does not work, so let's not hear any of that.

If we were both WWs, during yesterday's late voting we would have winked at each other and proceeded to double lynch two of the innocents on the chopping block and thus clinch the game for the Werewolves. The game would have been ours for the taking.

Now, you might argue that we wouldn't want to win like that- a two day multi-lynch bloodbath. But I assure you, neither he nor I are chivalrous Werewolves. We would have taken the win without hesitation.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:40 AM   #93
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well iwas going to be low and ask you straight out if you were a were wolf since you never lie in WW do you sweetie .....

I don't think that Holby had any reason to lie. The werewolves hardly need to pull such stunts and the timing makes sense.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #94
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

How convenient that the two other villagers that Holbytlass claims to have dreamed of are both dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytwolf
Isn't now the time that he's supposed to show up and say "No, I'm the Seer! Holby must be a WW trying to dupe us!"
No, I am not the Seer. But I am innocent.

Holby's move does look rather a bold move for a Wolf, given the position that they are in. However, it makes sense. All they need to do is to kill one innocent villager toDay and the game is theirs. This looks to be designed to either achieve that, or to flush out the real Seer. Indeed, I suspect that they thought me to be the Seer. Had I been, this move would have been very low risk for them.

The real Seer should not reveal unless he/she has dreamed of another Wolf or I look to be in danger of being lynched, as we might get another Night's dream if we lynch Holby toDay and are lucky overNight.

In any event, Holby is clearly a Wolf, so my vote toDay is an easy one.

++HOLBYTLASS

Unofrtunately, given Holby's absence yesterDay, I doubt that there will be many clues in her posts as to her partners in crime. I have to go now, but will take a look back anyway when I return.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #95
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
How convenient that the two other villagers that Holbytlass claims to have dreamed of are both dead.
I've pondered that, and I'm wanting to say that it actually makes me believe Holby. Surely a WW would claim that their subjects were still living? Name one of their fellows as well as one innocent as "innocent", and the truly innocent villager is likely to side with them on that day. But if the village swings against them and they are lynched and discovered to be lying, how will the village know to treat the two "dreams" when the subjects were a mix of WW and Ordo?

What are the thoughts of others on this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
No, I am not the Seer. But I am innocent.
Honestly, this is what I expected you to say. Being the Seer would seem like too much of a coincidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
The real Seer should not reveal unless he/she has dreamed of another Wolf or I look to be in danger of being lynched, as we might get another Night's dream if we lynch Holby toDay and are lucky overNight.
Hardy har har.

That gives you an out, doesn't it. If the "true Seer" doesn't step forward, you can claim that they are following your advice.

But look at the situation- "or I look to be in danger of being lynched". You ARE in danger, SPM! If you are truly innocent and Holby is a WW, then you are obviously the target of choice for all the WWs, meaning that only ONE ORDO has to vote for you to deliver the win to the WWs. And so obviously, if you are indeed innocent, the Seer needs to step up.

Well, I guess it's not an absolute, but certainly very very likely to be necessary.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #96
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Hmm If I had to vote now it would be Sauce on balance of probabilities but I don't so I will wait.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #97
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Holbytwolf
I didn't say that, Phantom did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
I can't help that Legate got pulled into that horrific three-way, of which I'm sure still fills thee with glee. And I suppose Brinniel was killed at night for the same reason that I dreamt of her. I didn't know her style and therefore was unsure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
I'm offended you didn't dream about me, Holby. Deeply wounded....
I assure you I agonized over my decision for hours. Each person had a significant yet different reason for being dreamt about. If it's any consolation, I needed to find a strong ally I could trust, you and SpM were in that category. But in my lore books was written that SpM tended to pick up on me when I'm not an ordo, I was hoping for that. But at least luck turned to the village when he was found to be a wolf.

Now back to wolfhunting, there are two more out there and I've only bought the village one more day...
Old 07-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #98
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Just in case anyone wonders, I'm leaving for a couple hours, I'll be around for about two hours after that, and then I'm leaving for about four hours, and then I'll be around for another couple hours. Then sleepy time.

And, just like yesterday, I'll be there right at the end.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:04 PM   #99
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Wow. I leave for work, and things get interesting.

In any case, I'm perplexed. Holby hasn't exactly been around much, and so I don't think she exactly qualifies as trustable on her claims. I've trusted another before in WW and been severely burned for it. So, I'm suspicious of her claims.

And she says she dreamed of the innocents, and that they are all now dead, makes me a little uneasy. A wolf could play that same game.

Still, I'd rather take my chances on Saucepan Man being a wolf despite my distrust of Holby. If he isn't, we know who is one then. We'll all just be dead and unable to do anything about it.

*sighs*

++Saucepan Man
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:27 PM   #100
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

SPM- 2
Holby- 1

Where is everyone else? Though I can't blame WWs for not showing up. Given their day one gift of a triple lynch, all they have to do is shut up and odds are we won't be able to lynch correctly three times in a row, as it would require every innocent to vote correctly, every single time, for the exact same WW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Hmm If I had to vote now it would be Sauce on balance of probabilities but I don't so I will wait.
Why wait, dearie?

Because you think the "true Seer" may still emerge?

Or because you are a WW and you want to make it clear that you are against your pal SPM and will vote for him, but you are holding out just in case one of us innocents chooses to side with him leaving you free to switch over and vote Holby to win the game?

Sorry, but I'm suspicious of anyone displaying a Wolf as her avatar.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:10 PM   #101
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytwolf
I didn't say that, Phantom did.
Quite so. I was in a bit of a hurry and had your Wolfishness rather on my mind. Still, at least you admit to being a Holbytwolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
But look at the situation- "or I look to be in danger of being lynched". You ARE in danger, SPM! If you are truly innocent and Holby is a WW, then you are obviously the target of choice for all the WWs, meaning that only ONE ORDO has to vote for you to deliver the win to the WWs. And so obviously, if you are indeed innocent, the Seer needs to step up.
No. I am only in danger of being lynched as and when I receive three votes. One more than that and it's game over. My concern was that Holby's claim would pressure the real Seer into revealing straight away, which is just what the Wolves want if they don't manage to claim me and the game toDay. Perhaps that is why you are so keen for the Seer to come forward before he/she needs to.

Quote:
Why wait, dearie?
If innocent, I presume that it's because she would prefer to consider her vote carefully, rather than handing the game over to the Wolves on a plate right now. If a Wolf, it is probably because she wants to put the final nail in my coffin. Or perhaps that's why you are holding your vote, phantom.

I fully expected at least one of the other Wolves to pile in with a vote for me to put pressure on the innocent villagers to vote for me and on the real Seer to reveal. For that reason, I am pretty sure that CoD is one of Holby's fellow Wolves, particularly given that he claims also to mistrust her claim, most likely to make himself look better in the event that she is lynched toDay and her claim shown to be a sham.

As to the third Wolf, I don't really have much of an idea at the moment. I don't like the way that Mithalwen seemingly accepted Holby's claim without question. But then the phantom has done much the same thing, and also looks to have been urging the real Seer to reveal. I was suspicious of Kath for her early attempt to cast suspicion on Gil and for her very safe vote on Day 1, but she has said nothing since. Gil I am almost certain is innocent, for his crazy vote for Boro yesterDay. A Wolf would surely have known who the co-Mods are.

I'm off to read things through once again, particularly Holby's posts, and to look at yesterDay's votes.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:26 PM   #102
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Only three posts from Holby before toDay.

Her first post is quite a bold one for a Wolf. It seemed mere banter at the time, but now it makes for interesting reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfylass
I find suspicious at this time CaptainofDespair- anyone who delights in despair must be happy that we are in danger. Also, Legate of Amon Lanc -he has not embraced our village as he is always pointing out where he came from, no civil loyalty. Then there's Kath, I find anyone suspicious that won't give their full name. And of course, The Saucepan Man, for giving the whole village food poisoning!
Legate is dead and I am innocent. I would expect at least one of the others named to be one of her fellow Wolves, which backs up my strong feeling about CoD. It is possible, however, that she named two innocents and two fellow Wolves, which would point to CoD and Kath.

In her next post, she casts suspicion on both Menel, who she voted for, and Gil. She was successful in getting an innocent Menel lynched. I wonder whether she was also avoiding putting all her chickens in one basket by stirring suspicion of an innocent Gil.

The other post was her vote for Menel.

As I suspected, not a lot to go on, but it points towards CoD, and possibly Kath.

Day 2 vote analysis coming up.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:47 PM   #103
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe Day 2 votes

Mithalwen: Holby (Holby 1)
Gil: Boromir88! (Holby 1)
CaptainofDespair: Shasta (Holby 1, Shasta 1)
Shasta: Kath (Holby 1, Shasta 1, Kath 1)
Lal: phantom (Holby 1, Shasta 1, Kath 1, phantom 1)
Phantom: Lal (Holby 1, Shasta 1, Kath 1, phantom 1, Lal 1)
SpM: Shasta (Holby 1, Shasta 2, Kath 1, phantom 1, Lal 1)

Did not vote: Kath, Holby

OK, this immediately raises my suspicions of Mithalwen. It was unlikely that, with Holby being away on Day 2, she was going to attract many votes. A perfect time to get in a safe Wolf on Wolf vote.

Gil’s vote for Boro was ridiculous, but, as I have said, most likely speaks to his innocence.

The other votes don’t really tell us much as there was no bandwaggoning and none of them were particularly safe votes. I didn’t like the way that the phantom was so cagey about his vote at the end of the Day though. Things could have gone dreadfully wrong again, and he didn’t seem particularly concerned about it. Perhaps his ‘joking’ about a causing quadruple lynch was not so flippant after all.

So, my current thinking is as follows:

Wolves
Holby
CaptainofDespair

Possible Wolves
Kath
Mithalwen
The phantom

Most likely innocent
Gil-Galad

Not a great deal of help as far as the third Wolf is concerned, I am afraid. Still, it’s all academic if even one innocent falls for Holby’s claim. I suspect anyway that the next vote for me will reveal our third Wolf.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #104
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
No. I am only in danger of being lynched as and when I receive three votes.
Umm... no.

You are in danger of being lynched when you receive ONE SINGLE non-wolf vote.

First, let's assume you are innocent and Holby is a WW. Now, if CoD is not a WW, then the game is over already, because the other two Wolves can just tack their votes onto you. Right?

Okay. So let's assume that CoD is a WW as well. That leaves one Wolf.

Mith and I have both said we are leaning towards voting for you. We can't both be Wolves, correct? Therefore, it is a fact that an innocent villager is leaning towards voting for you right now.

It is also a fact that one single vote cast incorrectly will kill the village.

And so, I simply must insist that if Holby is not the real Seer, the true Seer must come forward. If he/she doesn't then it is almost certain that the game is over.

Meaning.... unless someone steps forward and claims to be the true Seer, I am going to have to stick with Holby on this.

(I've gotta hand it to you though, Sauce, you're spinning this very well. I feel like Theoden at Isengard, trying to cast off the power of Saruman's persuasive words.)
Old 07-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #105
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
I didn’t like the way that the phantom was so cagey about his vote at the end of the Day though. Things could have gone dreadfully wrong again, and he didn’t seem particularly concerned about it. Perhaps his ‘joking’ about a causing quadruple lynch was not so flippant after all.
I just thought I'd respond to this quickly.

You are right, Sauce. I was not completely joking about the quadruple lynch. It wouldn't have irked me much if we had done it. I know this doesn't sound very sporting, but the fact is after that ridiculous triple lynch on Day 1, I figured we were screwed except by a run of absolutely amazing luck. And so my mindset was "Oh, what the heck- let's go ahead and lynch a whole mob of people. If we happen to kill two wolves in the bunch then great, but if we don't then we at least can say we were part of a record setting Two-Day Werewolf game."

Not that I thought you'd let that happen. I didn't really trust you. That's why I wanted to see what you'd do if I sat on my vote.

I sat and sat and sat and still you did not go, so finally in the last 60 seconds I went, figuring you were waiting to see which way I'd go so that you could cause a double lynch and win the game. But instead I voted for a completely different target, meaning that a double lynch would be out of the question if you cast your vote.

And if you didn't vote at all, that would have left us with an amazing-record-breaking-remembered-forever-FIVE-PERSON-LYNCH!! Which, in my opinion, would be a fabulous way to lose. Go out in style, you know.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:27 PM   #106
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I'm off to bed.

I'll be back about 30 minutes before the deadline to look things over and then vote.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:25 AM   #107
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
SPM- 2
Holby- 1

Where is everyone else? Though I can't blame WWs for not showing up. Given their day one gift of a triple lynch, all they have to do is shut up and odds are we won't be able to lynch correctly three times in a row, as it would require every innocent to vote correctly, every single time, for the exact same WW.

Why wait, dearie?

Sorry, but I'm suspicious of anyone displaying a Wolf as her avatar.

No darling cos I had to catch a train and thought it might be useful to wait in case we can get two wolvsies ..

Old 07-31-2007, 05:28 AM   #108
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
And so, I simply must insist that if Holby is not the real Seer, the true Seer must come forward. If he/she doesn't then it is almost certain that the game is over.
This is simply not the case. Assuming CoD is a Wolf, which I believe to be the case, then the Seer need not reveal if the remaining innocents vote for Holby. That way, we get to live another Day and, if we are lucky, we get another Seer dream.

There is little more that I can say here, so I place myself in your hands. Choose wisely, or the game will be over.

That said, I am becoming increasingly concerned that neither Gil nor Kath will be turning up toDay. If that's the case, and both are innocent, then the game is effectively over already.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:57 AM   #109
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

WOW! Saucepanman, I'm impressed, as always, with your trying to squirm out of you being a wolf. Which actually may help others see that I am the real seer.
I know there are those that don't know such as CoD, I don't know him, but those that know me know that I'm not good with words and therefore would not stand a chance against you. If I were faking I would have picked an easier target or at least one that I fely I might stand a chance against.

I am the real seer-I have revealed myself because we have a now known wolf.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:30 AM   #110
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

++ The Saucepan Man

Reasons (as if you need them to follow)

Old 07-31-2007, 06:39 AM   #111
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Alive

CaptainofDespair
Gil-Galad
Holbytlass
Kath
Mithalwen
the phantom
The Saucepan Man
All right. We have votes from CoD, Holby, Mith, and SPM.

Kath and Gil don't seem to be here, which makes me the only vote left. And with the voting count at 3-1... that means the voting is over already. It doesn't matter which way I go.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:42 AM   #112
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

OK although I do believe him a wolf, the Pan Man is right in that I didn't want to vote hastily sinceI could and would return. Too often something unexpected arises and a fixed vote is not to be cast lightly (though I now hurl it with some force in Sauce's direction).

However I note that a lot of things that are now troubling him now about me and others aren't things that troubled him at the time. Bit late to be criticising my vote for Holby isn't it? I freely admitted it was a cheap shot but I had forgotten to apply my usual rule of thumb that "oddness" can be a product of giftedness as well as lycanthropy.

It is a pity that she will surely be lost to us tonight not only for her gifts but becasue the wolves will not be giving anything away by their choice. Since the kills so far have seemed "unobvious" it is reasonable to assume that others were possibly left alive as foils/ cover for the wolves. Assuming SPM's guilt, I imagine Phantom (if innocent and I ) were cover for him. There is surely a wolf among the quiet ...

I tend to think TP is innocent and I know I am so with Holby-seer two of Gil, Kath and COD must be wolves. Which is the hard part .... Kath is usually but not always more involved as a wolf but .....

Old 07-31-2007, 06:45 AM   #113
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Gil and Kath have posted twice each ..... such a lot to go on.....

Old 07-31-2007, 06:48 AM   #114
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Kath and Gil's absence is worrying. On one hand, surely WWs would show up, right? But that would mean that Holby, Mith, and CoD are the WWs, and that there is nothing we can do about it.

On the other hand, if SPM turns out to be guilty, Kath and Gil will suddenly look very suspicious, and rightly so- and yet that would seem too easy. And naturally Mith will appear to be totally cleared since she voted for SPM when there was still a chance of saving him. But of course she could've just been betting on me voting for him as well. CoD will look very innocent...
Old 07-31-2007, 06:49 AM   #115
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
It doesn't matter which way I go.
It still makes all the difference in this world. Where do you officially stand?
Old 07-31-2007, 06:50 AM   #116
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh and Phantom, the reason I delayed is realted to one of the reasons I confessed to being a wolf in Sauce's game before anyone voted. If innocent and wolf alike don't have to think about their vote it leaves less trail.

By delaying my vote I kept open the possibility of Sauce's survival and hoped to force the quiet into action and speech.. it didn't quite work but heigh ho .. you should vote phantom even if there is "no point"

Old 07-31-2007, 06:52 AM   #117
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I actually think CoD looks guilty but then .. I was assuming you are innocent TP... Perhaps I was wrong

Old 07-31-2007, 06:55 AM   #118
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Gil and Kath have posted twice each ..... such a lot to go on.....
Heh heh... yeah... it's like I said. Given that Day 1 triple-lynch gift, the odds are with the WWs, so if they stay quiet they will likely win.

As far as your reasoning for holding your vote- I can definitely understand that.
Quote:
you should vote phantom even if there is "no point"
Nah. Just let the clock run out.

I'm going back to bed. Sleepy....
Old 07-31-2007, 06:59 AM   #119
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Looks like it's game over.

Hats off to you Holby.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:59 AM   #120
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Kidding... I never planned on holding my vote.

I just wanted to see if Kath and Gil came running in to tie up the vote as soon as I announced my departure.

I guess not.

So let's put this out of reach.

++SPM