The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-04-2007, 05:11 PM   #81
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Oops, just to make sure it counts:

++BRINNIEL
Old 09-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #82
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Oh, and as I forgot to say earlier - please stop trying to pinpoint 'typical Durelin'. I don't know who she is or where to find her either, so you may as well give up.
Oh, I wouldn't presume to, as I know how it irks you so. I just noticed that, of all the various Durelins, the sensible, analytical one had come to the fore, just as you were beginning to come under some suspicion. And, since the sensible points that you made were about those who I think unlikely to be Wolves, my suspicions were further aroused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
... assuming there are two wolves left, which I think we've pretty much decided ...
Have we? As I noted earlier, the narrative suggests that there was just one wailer. Hmm, Noggie wanted us to think that there were three Wolves too ...

Re-reading the thread, Kath comes across as so suspicious to me, especially her long post yetserDay. If it wasn’t for her vote for Nogrod, I would probably be voting for her. But surely a Wolfish Kath would not have sold fellow Wolf Noggie down the river like that. Just in case she is a Wolf, though, and played a blinder, I don't want her to think that she has fooled me completely.

I also found Brinniel's post #56 interesting. She says herself:

Quote:
Ugh, there's a lot of uncertainty in my analysis, I realise that.
By gum lass, you can say that again. You are equivocal about practically everyone here. Were you perhaps trying to keep all your chickens in the one basket to allow yourself leeway later on toDay, depending upon which way the votes are going?

Well, the two current candidates are Brinniel or Durelin. I can see myself voting for either of them. Possibly Menel too, as I am slightly nervous of him. Of the others, I think Rikae unlikely to be a Wolf, though she may well be a baddie all the same, and I am inclined for now to trust Kath and the Warriors of Finn (although, with Kath, only because of her vote yesterDay). I remain undecided about Izzie, but think her more likely innocent than fiendish.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #83
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Isabellkya - No, I'm not saying 'if this, then that'. I'm not declaring that "If you are a wolf, then Rikae must also be". I'm just suggesting what is possible when I look at the people I suspect. It's all in the phrasing, I know.

I apologize for my pickyness when it comes to some things...many things? I'm both indecisive, picky, and stubborn...geez, no wonder I suck at this Werewolf thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espiem
As I noted earlier, the narrative suggests that there was just one wailer.
Oh. Really? I will go back and read. I just remember Isabellkya's instructions to "wolves and other assorted baddies". But I suppose it is possible he's not coming out and telling us anything, particularly as he even held back Nogrod's identity until the start of the Day...unless I'm going crazy or didn't read properly (or read at all....) again...

Er, when is the deadline?
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:47 PM   #84
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Okay, I expected to be back earlier...but I had RL things to take care of. Anyways, I am here now.

I am still feeling fairly confident that SpM is a wolf. I still don't like his vote from yesterDay...something still feels wrong about it. Today, he uses Durelin as a perfect scapegoat. And still suspects me for "my behaviour." You mean safe? Uncertain? Well, I admit...that's how I always am...indecisive.

Eolin irks me as well. They're footsteps follow SpM's jumping on Durelin. Though it seems unlikely that two wolves would so openly bandwagon, I wouldn't count them out as a possible team. No votes for them toDay though...I will definitely keep them as a consideration for toMorrow.

Durelin does not seem wolfish at all, though I think there's a chance she could be a cobbler.

What to do? I would like to vote SpM, but I admit I won't hesitate voting Durelin if it means saving my own skin..
Old 09-04-2007, 05:51 PM   #85
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

++BRINNIEL
Old 09-04-2007, 05:59 PM   #86
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Durelin
Old 09-04-2007, 06:01 PM   #87
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I don't feel like Brinniel should be lynched, but I'm afraid I'm not voting for myself.

Really.

Oh bother.

++Brinniel
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #88
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Question to Shasta:

Does Durelin's vote count?

I just wanna know if I'm dead or not...
Old 09-04-2007, 07:30 PM   #89
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
By the timestamp, Durelin's vote was just one minute past the deadline. Sorry, but you've executed Durelin. Night 2 begins now. Wolves and.... send me your lists.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #90
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Execution, Day Two

The camp had chosen Durelin to die today. Not even her legendary skill with rocks would help her now. If only she'd been a moment quicker-!

Durelin pulled a gold coin out of her pocket. "My last lucky coin..." she said dreamily with an Irish brogue. Flipping it up, she caught it deftly. "Tails... oh dear." She looked up, helpless, as the camp advanced. "Wait, please! I can help you!" she said desperately, eyes flicking from person to person. "You need me!"

"Foolish wench," Eolin snickered. "We don't need you!" They hefted a wooden lance and threw it with unerring accuracy and strength. The lance pierced first Durelin's coin, then her heart. She fell over and began to glow green, and the lance fell away.

"Fools! I did all in my power to aid you, and this is how you repay me... You'll have no more insight from me."

Durelin dissolved into a rainbow mist, and the crowd looked at each other sheepishly. Oops.

Night Two

The unearthly wail echoed again from everywhere and nowhere at once. The stargazer from the previous night, now too scared to move from their blankets, shivered under a heavy presentiment of doom. This time, however, another person heard it for the first time, and shuddered. A sound that lonely boded no good for anyone...

Espiem couldn't sleep. He decided to go for a moonlight swim; after all, werewolves couldn't swim, right? He'd be safe enough... right? He padded down to the lakeshore and dove in, gasping at the shock of the cool water. After doing a few laps, he felt sufficiently relaxed enough to sleep. He struck for the shore, swimming powerfully. As he got to the edge, though, he was out of breath...

and looked down, instead of up.

His mistake.

A clawed paw-hand slammed down on the back of his head, forcing poor Espiem under the water. He struggled and kicked, but to no avail; the mud was sticky, and the beast murdering him too strong. His struggles became weaker and weaker until finally he stopped moving, floating somberly facedown in the lake. The murderous beast snickered to itself and slunk off, satisfied.

When the camp awoke, they realized that two of their number were missing. Kath, recalling that Espiem had a great love for the water of the lake, decided to go down there to search for him. Moments later, a scream arose from the shore, and the rest of the camp pelted down to find Kath dragging the drowned body of Espiem back to shore.

"But Espiem was such a strong swimmer..." Isabellkya whispered.

"Not when something's holding his head underwater," Brinniel replied angrily. "Look!"

There on the back of Espiem's head was a clear pawprint. Rikae looked around. "Someone's not here.... where's Menel?"

They pelted back to the campsite, and discovered his footsteps leading out to the moors. "There's no coming back from there," Eolin said solemnly. "There's hidden patches of bog, and quicksand... No, I'm sure the land swallowed him right up!"

The Shining:
Kath
Brinniel
Rikae
Isabellkya
Eolin

Forever Dimmed:
Nogrod
- Boiled in Oil Day 1 - Werewolf
Thinlomien - Savaged and Axed Night 1 - Ordo
Durelin - Coined, Pinned, and Dissolved Day 2 - Leprechaun
Meneltarmacil - Swallowed by the Land Night 2 - Ordo
Espiem - Drowned via a Paw Night 2 - Ordo

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 09-06-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:51 PM   #91
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, I don't know how obviously I need to put this - I didn't get the point across yesterDay, but maybe that's for the best now.

I KNOW that Brinniel is evil. Brinniel and Espiem were not on the same side.

++Brinniel
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #92
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Two deaths last night? It's already been hinted before, but obviously we really have more wolves to watch out for..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I KNOW that Brinniel is evil. Brinniel and Espiem were not on the same side.
How do you KNOW this? It is not uncommon for two innocents to go after one another; something the wolves love to play with as I learned in my first game. And it happened again...I made a mistake.

Rikae's confidence on this matter doesn't look too good. I hope you have a better explanation than that. An innocent should not be so confident.

Obviously, I need to rethink some things since my previous judgement was so off. I only hope Shasta will manage to write up a narration so we can understand last Night's events better.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:13 AM   #93
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
May I ask how you know that Brinniel is evil Rikae?

It is quite a lofty claim I must say. I had been tempted to vote for Brinniel today, due to actions during the last hour of yesterDay.

Due to the amount of people in this game, I am doubting that there are two wolf teams, per the two kills. I also doubt that the wolf team would get two kills in one night, it seems to be a bit overpowered.

What is it, the Hunter; who has a shot or something and tries to go after the wolves?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:46 AM   #94
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

According to Cailín leprechauns are associated with the earth and the land. Now, Menel's death was at night, and did not occur at the same time as Durelin's, which is what would normally happen in the case of a Hunter kill. But perhaps the mod is being misleading. Is it likely that Durelin would have chosen Menel?

Rikae could be a seer, but she could just as easily be lying. If she is lying, and is evil, then we can accept her certainty of Brinniel's guilt and lose the game. We don't know if there is a seer, so even if someone makes an explicit claim we cannot believe them. This situation is too convenient for the wicked.

But we really must know what happened yesterday and last night.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #95
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

About Durelin:

I admit, all I really know about leprechauns is that they're associated with mischief, which makes me suspect she was a baddie. Since we still don't have any narration to help us, I did some research to see if I could find out more. And then this caught my eye:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
They usually take the form of old men who enjoy partaking in mischief. Their trade is that of a cobbler or shoemaker.
I'm now feeling quite sure Durelin was our cobbler.

But why the death of two ordinaries? Shasta hinted that there were "assorted baddies." I can only guess that this must be true, as I cannot think of any other explanation.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #96
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So was Durelin a baddie or a goodie? If we're actually going by leprechaun lore I don't know that she was either. They're supposed to be bringers of luck, but that can be either good or bad luck. I suppose though that we'd better hope she was a baddie, as we still don't have any idea how many of those are left.

As to the deaths from last Night, well I was obviously wrong about Sauce, but why did the baddies go after him? He was pretty much roundly suspected yesterDay and surely it would have served them better to leave him alive and allow everyone to argue over him again? Menel - well I thought at first that it was a mod kill as I couldn't recall him voting, but I've just gone back and checked and he did so it seems we have yet another agent at work.

On to toDay - Rikae, how can you be so sure Brinniel is guilty? I've had my suspicions of her and they haven't decreased, but you seem so certain. I recall there being a role once where someone could see whether two people are connected, have you something like that? I know that's it's against all normalcy to actually ask someone to reveal, but you do seem to have pretty much done so anyway and a bit of certainty in these games is always good.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #97
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield The Warriors of Finn cast judgement

We have thought long and hard about this. Actually knowing what happened yesterday and last night, and the whole leprechaun business, would be mighty useful; but we have reached these conclusions regardless.

Kath is likely innocent. We'd be very surprised if she wasn't, simply because of her vote for Nogrod. This is even more so if there were only ever 2 wolves, which is a real possibility.

Izzy is also likely innocent. We'd be less surprised if she was wolvish than if Kath was, but nevertheless we find Nogrod's behaviour towards her speaks in her favour.

Which leaves us with the other two, who have been conveniently attacking each other. We see a few scenarios which are possible, so let us guide you through them:

Perhaps: both Rikae and Brinniel are wolves. Rikae is attacking Brinniel with verve, in the hope of establishing her own innocence by slaying her ally. She is throwing in hints that she is a Seer.

Perhaps: Rikae is a remaining wolf, and Brinniel is innocent, then it seems quite certain that either Kath or Izzy has been hiding a furry secret. This would not be a good scenario, because Brinniel is favourite to die today, and the death of an innocent Brinniel would end this village. We find this scenario unlikely, though.

Perhaps: Rikae is indeed a seer, or just a completely accurate villager, and Brinniel is a wolf. Lynching her today is our best option.

When we kill Brinniel, and discover her wolvish ways, what will happen? If the game continues then obviously there remains one wolf. If it is not Rikae then she will be killed, because a wolf must assume that she is indeed a seer. However, if Rikae remains alive, which we believe will happen, the village will have found its last wolf. Which means that Kath and Izzy should unite to kill her.

There is an obvious problem with this, though we believe it may be possible to solve it. If, say, Kath is the last wolf, then she could kill The Warriors of Finn and convince Izzy to help her kill the innocent Rikae. We believe there is a way, which the true seer shall know, to prove her magical ways. Obviously we cannot suggest it; but we hope the seer would know what we refer to.

Lots of scenarios, lots of possible outcomes. Currently, we believe that both Brinniel and Rikae are evil, and we will most likely vote for Brinniel today.

Another point. Notice the posts of today, after the mod threw out the crazy concept of the leprechaun. Rikae made a very single-minded post; Brinniel, who said something about 2 wolf kills, which is at odds with what happened on the first night, did not make much sense, nor did she try to get discussion going. Hers was a mere retort to Rikae. Only Izzy volunteered some notable thoughts on the strange events which had obviously happened.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #98
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

We need info from the mod. Perhaps this day should be extended, because there are things we should have known about at the start of the day.

If Durelin was a simple Hunter, we doubt that there is also a seer.

The boy looked at each of the ten. Mist began to swirl around one of them, entering the body and glowing for a moment, before settling to normal astonishingly quickly. The boy smiled.

"The land itself has taken a hand, it seems. Well and good. Your task shall be thus; each day, talk amongst yourselves. Gain information. Decide who is to be trusted, and who is not. At the end of the day, I will return, and you will give me a name. That name will be.... removed. But beware! Night brings things best left unmentioned. I fear for you all."

This quotation from the initial game post suggests that there is one gifted. If Durelin was on our side then we lost a gifted. However, if she was some sort of cobbler-hunter hybrid, then we reckon that there were only ever 2 wolves; and the gifted is still among us.

Which obviously suggests a seer-Rikae and a wolf-Brinniel.

So please: what the hell is a leprechaun?
Old 09-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #99
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I am a weaver, basically - I can tell whether two people are on the same side or not, but I don't know what side that is.

Brinn and SPaM were not on the same side, but Eolin and Menel were.

As for the question of tomorrow, I can't imagine Shasta would have burdened us with more than three baddies in such a small group. I'm inclined to think that Menel's death was either linked somehow to Duralin (perhaps the leprechaun's kills are delayed?) or some type of assassin among us.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #100
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Perhaps Eomer is right and I should extend this day. It was my fault for not getting the narration up. I'm doing that as soon as I finish this post. Please believe me when I say it was no fault of my own, but a medical problem.

PS: I'm all right now .

Edit: Plots are done. Tell me if you think I should extend the Day.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 09-06-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #101
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Part of us is trusting Rikae now. If she speaks the truth she knows that we are innocent. Brinniel will obviously die today; but we fear that if Rikae does speak the truth then there is another, quiet, sneaky, tricksy baddie among us. So if there is another wolf after Brinniel, Rikae will be slain tonight; and we will have to decide whom to trust: Kath or Izzy.

++BRINNIEL

We're not sure if there is a need to extend the day, since today's acts seem straight-forward.

If Rikae is lying then she's done a splendid job. But humour us, magical mistress, and reveal yourself properly. You know how to do it right? Tell us: who are you?
Old 09-06-2007, 01:42 PM   #102
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Just done a bit of reading. We trust you Rikae.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:37 PM   #103
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

++BRINNIEL

My suspicions remain from yesterDay and Rikae's revelation only cements them. It is entirely possible of course that Rikae is playing a blinder of a game and is completely evil, but I'm willing to put my trust in her toDay.

It would completely suck though if Rikae and Eolin turn out to be the evil ones and are currently playing us all for fools.

Oh, and I'm sorry for my absence toDay. My housemate is sick so I've been playing nursemaid. It is not a fun job.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #104
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Always so quick to trust the one who claims giftedness aren't you?

But fine. If you are so sure, let us end the Day already.

++Brinniel
Old 09-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #105
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I'm leaving for a departmental picnic soon, and you all seem very sure of your votes. Should I just end the day here?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #106
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++ Brinniel

Let me atleast get a vote in, not that it would matter much. I hope the same thing, that what Rikae says is ture, and we are not being played for fools.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:09 PM   #107
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Brinniel has been executed.

People, you know what to do.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:43 PM   #108
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Execution, Day 3

Brinniel hung her head as the accusations flew.

"You killed Espiem! You killed Thinlomien! How could you?"

Brinniel lifted her head, and an otherworldly energy filled her eyes.

"How DARE you. How DARE you ask how I could do something like this. By rights, you should all be dead! DEAD! This land was ours for so long, but now..."

Brinniel closed her eyes and began to tremble.

"I will see you all dead. Maybe not by my hand, but all... all will pay..."

Her last words came out as a bass growl, as she became a gleaming white wolf. She leapt savagely at Eolin, who dropped and rolled out of the way. Brinniel charged again. A rock slammed into her shoulder, and she whirled. Isabellkya stood there, hefting another rock.

"I may not have the skill with rocks that Durelin had, but you shall not harm anyone else!"

Isabellkya threw the rock with all her strength. The stone missile sailed through the air, crushing Brinniel's nose. She fell to her haunches, wheezing, trying to breathe. She could not take in enough air, and finally, she fell over on her side, dead.

Night Three

The scourge of werewolves was gone from the land, but still, Eolin couldn't sleep. They got up, intending to go stargazing again, as they had two nights ago. An unearthly howl stopped them in their tracks. "No! Not again... no... please... it's too much!" they begged, falling to their knees. Their terror was so great, had built up for so long, that something behind their eyes snapped. Dully, they drew their sword and stabbed themselves. As the weapon sank home, Eolin's expression never changed. Two others heard the wail that night; one had heard it the previous night. Both were struck with an ominous sense of foreboding...

Rikae screamed. "Eolin! Eolin!" she cried, waking Kath and Isabellkya. The Finnish warrior slumped across the path to the lake, despair on the dead face.

The Shining:
Rikae
Isabellkya
Kath

Forever Dimmed:
Nogrod - Boiled in Oil Day 1 - Werewolf
Thinlomien - Savaged and Axed Night 1 - Ordo
Durelin - Coined and Dissolved Day 2 - Leprechaun
Meneltarmacil - Swallowed by the Land Night 2 - Ordo
Espiem - Drowned Night 2 - Ordo
Brinniel - Crushed and Suffocated Day 3 - Werewolf
Eolin - Driven by Terror to Suicide Night 3 - Ordo

The Werewolves have been defeated.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:24 AM   #109
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Werewolves defeated, yet the game is not over? Hmm.

The Wailer must be an OMT sort of role, since they seem to have driven Eolin to their death.

I am not sure there is really much to say. Rikae seems to be innocent enough, as she led us to execute Brinniel, yet I have a slight nag in the back of my head that says it might be too easy.

++ Kath
Old 09-08-2007, 06:08 AM   #110
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

My only response to Izzie voting me is to vote for her. I believe that Rikae is what she says she is, she was absolutely right about Brinniel and the fact that she and Sauce were not on the same side. Izzie has flown under my radar, mostly because I was concentrating on my top three suspects, but my belief in the innocence of Rikae means she must be this wailer.

++ IZZIE

It's up to Rikae now. I only hope her dreams helped her last Night.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:12 AM   #111
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I dreamed of Eolin and Kath last night, and they were on the same side.

So that leaves us with:

++Isabellkya

We win!
*dances*

Shasta, can we have the final narration early by any chance? I can't wait for the post-game discussion!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #112
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Actually you don't win, Kath

If what you say is true Rikae in that Kath and Eolin ARE on the same side. Then that leaves you as the Wailer/last baddie.

Might as well have it out on the table. Night 1 I dreamt of SPM and found nothing out of the ordinary about him. Night 2 I protected Eolin, and Night 3, well I was selfish and protected myself.

With that said, I am now inclined to believe Rikae to be the wailer.

The game is not over; and won't be over with me dead.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:45 PM   #113
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hmm, quite the head swimmer; and no one else seems to add anything else; because they seem so sure they have it figured out hmm.

If Rikae were evil, then why wouldn't she just jump on my voting of Kath and vote likewise. She could just kill me during the night, and viola victory for her. Unless of course she wanted to uphold her innocentish appearance, and not risk the chance of Kath voting differently.

I am inclined to believe that Rikae has a twisted evil role, as only baddies tend to want the day to end early.

-- Kath

++ Rikae
Old 09-08-2007, 07:13 PM   #114
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Day Four Execution - Game Over

The three women stood there. Isabellkya, Kath, and Rikae.

Rikae and Kath stood there, eyes unerringly staring at Isabellkya, who was looking a little pale. Mist began to generate around her form, billowing outward until she was a pair of glowing eyes in a smoky shroud. When the mist dissapated, Isabellkya was nowhere to be seen.

"The spirit of Ireland herself, and we've driven her away..." Kath whispered. "But then that means..." Eyes wide, she turned to look at Rikae.

Rikae had unbound her hair. It fell in shining black waves to her knees. She smiled at Kath. "Human child, let me sing you a song."

She opened her mouth, and suddenly the source of all the mournful wailing was revealed. Rikae's song tugged at the heartstrings with talons of sorrow, remorse, guilt, all negative emotions. Kath's eyes overflowed with tears, and she struggled to speak, but couldn't. She dashed into the forest, dripping tears down her face. A scream resonated; she didn't come out.

Rikae smiled to herself, and crossed the moors into the distance.

Game Over

Rikae, the Banshee, takes first place.
The Innocents (Meneltarmacil, Durelin, Kath, Espiem, Thinlomien, Eolin) take second.
Isabellkya, the Spirit of Ireland, takes third.
The Werewolves (Nogrod, Brinniel) take fourth.

Good game, all.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:12 PM   #115
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

You know what, I don't even mind that we Innocents lost in the end, 'cause that was such a fun game! All those secret roles appearing one by one and the endless speculation over how many wolves there were. Plus, it was short in terms of the number of posts and that was nice, meant a lot less catching up!

Shasta, I loved your narrations. The deaths were great and the lynchings were just brilliant! Very nicely done.

Izzie - why oh why didn't you reveal exactly what you were! Revelations so utterly confuse me that you might actually have swayed my vote if you'd done so. But never mind, you did a marvellous job of staying under the radar.

Rikae - well, I've already told you on LJ that you had me completely fooled but I'll repeat it because coming out as the Weaver really was a stroke of genius. I can't believe no one refuted it, but then we did kill off Noggie early and he is our resident 'find the other way of looking at every single thing' guy.

Speaking of Noggie, and Brinniel - haha. Sorry, but I'm just so happy that I have finally pegged not one wolf but two! Yes, blowing my own trumpet but I can hardly do it in the real world because everyone will look at me strangely. At least on here I can't SEE you rolling your eyes at me.

Everyone else was great too, I can't tell you how much fun I had playing with you all and I'm so looking forward to the next game now!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:29 AM   #116
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Congratulations to Rikae and Shasta, and well done to everyone else for making this a fun game.

Ask Cailín: I kept saying "But what if she is lying?" But Rikae played it well. Because chances were that she was telling the truth, we thought it might be somewhat outlandish to assume that she was lying.

I for one did not especially enjoy the setup of the game, the way that the roles were hidden and unexplained. Also, the way the banshee chose her victim nights before the actual event: this might be an interesting idea, but only if the players were told about it beforehand.

Special thanks to Cailín for providing that old Irish poetry and literature. I found it very hilarious.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #117
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
This was probably the first game ever I was disappointed when I got to know I was a wolf...

For I had decided that I would do my best to encourage people to post more and to get others more involved with both my points and by exemplifying it with my own posting... I knew I took a risk then when I realised I was a wolf but still decided to go on. You Eomer and Caílin had keen eyes there and I do appreciate your thinking skills - even if what you thought was not exactly what I was doing in the first place. You still brought me back to believe once again that figuring things out can be succesfull - how wrong the initial suppositions might be.

The problem for me was that I would probably had acted the same way had I been an innocent. Only in that case I could have told you afterwards "what I told you!".

I mean the easiest way to be a baddie is to be a "natural self" and that I was for the most of the time.

Yes, I was a bit disappointed, not the least when I read the actions leading to my death afterwards which were mostly due to the non-voting of such a many people (some of the non-voters might have voted for me as well, sure, I'm not denying that possibility: but if I could have stayed awake later to make more points & if more people would have been around to vote... well, one can always say if...)

It was a pity we never had a chance to plot with even a one post with Brinniel. It would have been nice. Sadly we started with a Day-phase and that was it. No contact whatsoever. Your stand-alone fight was impressive Brinn!

Congrats to Shasta for a game well constructed and succesfully ran! Unlike Eomer I do like the suspension with the roles even if I tend to agree that a role so different that leads to death only after a turn or two should be mentioned beforehand.

Congrats and thanks to both Caílin and Eomer for playing with us in your amusing way. It's a pleasure to play with you guys - even if you pick me up...

Thanks to Sauce for being the entertaining player you are - and to Lommy as well.

And I have to bow to Rikae even if I just now don't feel the urgency of it. I mean you've been the one who has called for open play game after game but somehow I think your victory was now based more on being silent and acting only on strategic moments than on open play. That's a perfectly justified tactics but... I'll be continuing my aimless and resultless crusade for the open play notwithstanding.

And yes Kath, I'll raise my hat to you as well. So much as you tried to thwart the open reasons for voting me on Day1 - I mean I was quite sure you were the independent baddie alongside myself & Brinn which I just thought there had to be - you were right in the end even if you didn't dare to state your reasons... One makes it right every now and then.

And kudos to Izzy for seeing that Kath never made her reasons open! Well picked!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #118
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
you were right in the end even if you didn't dare to state your reasons
Because I didn't know how to state them. I just knew you were evil, and it was the same with Brinn. Unfortunately it was the same with Sauce so whatever was giving me these definite feelings was a little off, but how can you explain to others what you can't explain to yourself?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:40 AM   #119
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
how can you explain to others what you can't explain to yourself?
That's the challenging part...

Yeah, I do understand.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:01 AM   #120
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Nogrod, I insist that you put the title "Fenris Wolf" to your siggie. Now.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote