The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-08-2007, 07:52 PM   #1
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Admin Thread: Tol-In-Gaurhoth XXXVIII - E.T.T.S.O.W.I.

Tol-In-Gaurhoth XXXVIII - Escape to the Terrible Secret of Werewolf Island!

3 wolves = Henchman
1 cobbler = Villain
1 seer = Super Science Doctor
1 ranger/hunter = Secret Agent Bodyguard
# ordo's = civilians

In this Werewolf variation, it plays a super-hero kind of twist where the 3 "wolves" are the henchman of the secret villain,
played by the cobbler,who main goal is to cause mayhem amongst the civilians.
Of course you remember that the Villain always gets his henchman to do his dirty work so thats why he causes the mayhem amongst the populace,
but he does not know entirely whom his henchman are nor does his henchman know who he is
but the henchman do their work anyways and by trying to discover their boss again.

The seer will be the Super Science doctor, who is the main target of the villain.
by using super science he discovers one person a night of there true
intentions.

The ranger and hunter posiston will be combined to form the Secret Agent Bodyguard thus making him a valuble and dangerous gifted.
The Bodyguard can use both the abilities so he can protect and if he is killed he can take down somebody with him as well in one night.

The Civilians are just there trying to figure out how to get rid of the villain his henchman so they can go back home.

Regular Game Mechanics:

Double Lynching allowed, triple lynching is not. quadruple lynching is straight out.

Retractable votes is allowed once during entire game. this will show the seriousness of the voting in this game and introduce more pressure during the voting periods.

Special Game Mechanics:

If the Henchman accidentally kill their Villain, the Civilians are saved from a Henchman kill, who during the night will be too wrought with grief over their former dead leader. For the next night however, the Henchman seek vengence and are allowed to take two kills during the night, but the secret Agent Bodyguard has the choice to either Protect two people or use his regular ability of protect one and designate one as his prey.

So in retrospect:

Henchman Goal: eliminate the Doctor, bodyguard and any civilians but also make sure their villain survives

Villain Goal: help out whom he thinks is the henchman as much as possible, thus letting them win

Bodyguard Goal: protect as many of the innocents and the doctor and track down the villain and henchman

Super Scientist goal: discover who is the Villain and Henchman and save yourself in the process

Civilian Goal: survive this madness that has emerged in this forsaken place.

As soon as i have a satisfactory amount of players, we will begin. note that due to my horrid work schedule, i will be unable to meet most of the deadlines, but Feanor of the Peredhil has agreed to be my voice in these matters, so i will PM her my stories and she will post them on my behalf.

any questions may be asked now and signing up is open as well.

And yes i know i missed a T in the title... bah humbug...

Players:
1 - Meneltarmacil - Paranoid Conspiracy Theorist
2 - Shastanis Althreduin - a tree-hugging, fur coat-burning, hardcore animal activist
3 - Thinlómien - young and idealistic hippie maiden with flowers in her hair.
4 -
5 - Nogrod - tight upper lip conservative
6 - Macalaure
7 - Brinniel - the hypocritical peace activist who goes to all extremes
8 - Xyzzy - Fully commercialized drone.
9 - Volo - Susie, the daughter of a random goat herder in some far-away valley, who doesn't know a thing about popular culture, is a good idea.
10 - Legate - an open-minded progressive Comrade

So what i need to make this more fun is a profession or status that you wanted to be in the tiems during 1960's to 1990's, any reference from pop culture is greatly encouraged because i want to make this game as crazy and fun as it can be.

Last edited by Gil-Galad; 10-08-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:10 PM   #2
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm certainly willing to join. Not sure what I'll roleplay as, though.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:27 AM   #3
Gil-Galad

Whatever from the 1960's to the 1990's that you ever wanted to be you can roleplay as...
Old 09-09-2007, 12:42 AM   #4
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Arooo, I sign up.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:10 AM   #5
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
If the Bodyguard can protect and hunt, can she do both during one night or does she have to choose? And can she hunt during the day?

Oh, and sign me up...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:35 AM   #6
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Naja. Ich will ze "Cheesy German Villianess" sein.

I twust zat ihr will not miztake mich foh ze aktual willian.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:05 AM   #7
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Leaf

As to a profession, I will be a young and idealistic hippie maiden with flowers in her hair.

Rikae - if you're going to talk that way, I'm afraid I must try to eliminate you as quickly as possible in order to preserve my sanity...
Old 09-10-2007, 09:14 AM   #8
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
If the Bodyguard can protect and hunt, can she do both during one night or does she have to choose? And can she hunt during the day?

Oh, and sign me up...
The Bodyguard can only do Hunt and Protect not both, the only time The Bodyguard can do both is if the Villain has been lynched the day before.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:46 AM   #9
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
When are you planning to start, Gil? (oh crap, I half-signed up just by saying that!) I don't have time from 16th to 21st, so don't count with me if you are planning to start before then, but I think I missed WW for some time, so if it's possible, I may consider joining
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:04 AM   #10
Gil-Galad

Hopefully by the end of the week we will have anough people, and if we start on friday i can get my bearing during the weekend and get ready to pass my stories along to Fea, so hopefully on the 14th, but it all depends on how many people, i think a minimum of 10 players will be fine.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #11
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

OK, I've got my occupation ready. I'll be a Paranoid Conspiracy Theorist.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #12
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
My last game ended just a bit too soon... after Day1.

So I need to try it once again.

Speaking of the sixties... I could be a tight upper lip conservative from the era like McCarthy was (he died in the late fifties, but I'd just be going on with his heritage which era is scarcely known here in Europe as that's the time of LBJ & Kennedy & Nixon... so no one quite fitting the description of a "true conservative").

Or if that is politically incorrect or otherwise non-desireable I could also be a New Yorker Andy Warhol / The Velvet underground -kind of pop-art drop-in / drop-out fab-man as well.

Both roles sound like fascinating stuff anyway to try and play by. So if you Gil could pick one of them for me which amuses you the most and I'll then play by it?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #13
Gil-Galad

Andy warhol is tempting but i've seen alot of them done lately so i will go with your second choice to amuse me...
Old 09-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #14
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I think it's quite time for me to join a game of werewolf again. Sign me up, Gil!

I'll think about an occupation later.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:27 AM   #15
Gil-Galad

So if we can get at least four more players we could start, but i would rather have as much as possible, perhaps even at least 6 more
Old 09-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #16
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Gil -

I'd like to be a tree-hugging, fur coat-burning, hardcore animal activist, please.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #17
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Gil -

I'd like to be a tree-hugging, fur coat-burning, hardcore animal activist, please.
so in short a hippie then...

also it doesn't have to be a reality-60's, it can be anything including the TV shows and comic books, i won't object if you want to be Lion-O, leader of the Tigercats on the planet Thundara... wow and i remembered all that...
Old 09-19-2007, 12:10 AM   #18
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

No, Lommy's the hippie. XD
Old 09-19-2007, 02:54 AM   #19
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Okay, so I was waiting until I got my computer fixed and returned...and knowing it is scheduled to arrive in less than two days, I'm finally ready to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil
also it doesn't have to be a reality-60's, it can be anything including the TV shows and comic books, i won't object if you want to be Lion-O, leader of the Tigercats on the planet Thundara
Perhaps I would attempt that if I knew enough about 60's media to create an interesting character, but I don't. But honestly, I'm more into the historical and political aspects of it, so in case you didn't have enough activists...

Anyways, I've been totally inspired by the new film "Across the Universe," so I'd like to be the hypocritical peace activist who goes to all extremes, if that's not a problem. Black armbands anyone?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #20
Gil-Galad

Well it is now the 19th and we are still short of people, so Legate might actually be able to join... hopefully we can get enough people this week that we can start on the weekend.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:34 AM   #21
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
What is the prospected deadline time for the game going to be? I didn't see it in the first post.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:25 AM   #22
Gil-Galad

oh right, after a discussion with Fea,

Quote:
Just so it's very clear, for me to be of any help with posting, days have to start/end at 1pm (EST). Otherwise my screwy schedule's going to be ridiculous to work around. I hope that's okay...
So the deadline is going to be 1 est, that is 11 my time, but i will write up the story ends and PM them to fea who will post them for me. i just realized some troubles that would be at days end, but i was thinking of writing a general story and let the fea replace the name of the lynched in it... either that or i do an earlier deadline, like maybe an hour earlier
Old 09-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #23
xyzzy
Haunting Spirit

xyzzy is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
It's been too long...

I am definitely in for this! Yay.

Um... hmmm... character. 60's to 90's? Hmm. I'll go with Fully commercialized drone.

Hooray.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:10 PM   #24
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
i was thinking of writing a general story and let the fea replace the name of the lynched in it... either that or i do an earlier deadline, like maybe an hour earlier
I'm fine with adding applicable details like who actually dies, but to keep it crystalline, if you go with an earlier deadline so that Gil can write the end posts, they still won't be posted until 1pm (my time), since I'm not reliably out of class until then. I don't know how useful I'll be in that case...
Old 09-25-2007, 09:19 AM   #25
Gil-Galad

Yeah maybe i should just do an earlier deadline... i just needed someone to cover for me in case something comes up that was really it... so Fea if i can't make the deadline for 10 Mountain(tha would be 12 your time) then maybe at 1 you can quickly fill in, i'm just trying to cover all my bases here so nothing goes wrong.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:31 AM   #26
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Question A question to Gil

If there simply isn't enough interest in ww games, would it be possible to play with a smaller number of players and some changes to the rules/roles? I mean, this situation looks quite hopeless. Or if there's someone you'd like to have in this game but haven't invited yet...?
Old 10-08-2007, 08:39 AM   #27
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Thumbs up

I'm in whatever the rules are, too tired to concentrate. :S Neither have I got any idea about my role, but the night will give many "good" of those.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:09 AM   #28
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Write my name on the list as well, Gil, I already spoke about willing to take part in it, and I feel like fish without water without WW for such a long time. I was reconsidering my possible role, there are many opportunities in this setting; I thought about either a late-beat-generation poet or (to not forget that the 60's-80's culture is not just Western culture, whole half of the world was somewhere else!) an open-minded progressive Comrade (I thought a nasty, opportunistic bureaucratic Comrade would be maybe more fun, but I don't feel in the mood for it. But if you folks think it will be more fun with a character like that, I may as well do that.). I will make my final decision yet before we start.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot the main thing I wanted to add; I got too carried off in my thougts by pondering the role. I just wanted to say that if I am correct, we are 10 now, so if everyone plays, it's not that bad (though of course nothing to be proud of, but it should suffice). We played my WW game in 11, and (from my point of view and as far as the players have said) it was a good game anyway.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 10-08-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #29
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Now this is beginning to look like a proper sign up pace... Let's be optimistic and hope it continues.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:04 PM   #30
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Ok, so far I think that being Susie, the daughter of a random goat herder in some far-away valley, who doesn't know a thing about popular culture, is a good idea.

At the moment I'm not too much for roleplaying, but we shall see, we shall see.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #31
Gil-Galad

Alright we could start it soon... thought with 6 gifted and only 4 innocents, the cannon fodder list seems rather short... but i am still up for starting it...

so 5 pm GMT can be the deadline, 24 hour day and night period? or would you rather have a 12 hour deadline period? that would make the game go by faster... if so i will start it today 5 AM GMT and that day will end 5 PM...

so let me know your thoughts in the next 3-4 hours or else i will start the day today
Old 10-08-2007, 03:52 PM   #32
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Whatever time fits you, but a 24-hour Day, definitely. Some of us might not be able to post at all during one Day, if it took only 12 hours...
Old 10-08-2007, 03:56 PM   #33
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, it's sad to see that interest for WW has really sort of died...a whole month since this thread went up and only 10 players? Gil, have you PMed potential players? That may help...

Quote:
so 5 pm GMT can be the deadline, 24 hour day and night period? or would you rather have a 12 hour deadline period? that would make the game go by faster... if so i will start it today 5 AM GMT and that day will end 5 PM...
Please give us 24 hour day/nights...with schoolwork and other stuff, I won't be able to keep up with only 12 hours.

And Gil, I highly recommend you don't start for another few days at the soonest...if we start now, only half the players will be aware of it and we'll have a bunch of no-shows.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:26 PM   #34
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I have the sad duty to inform you that Rikae, who is currently stuck in what has to be the most stressful semester within living memory, is not going to be able to play in this game.

I'll be there to play (and I will also be able to finally come up with an occupation soon), and I second the demand for a 24h day. Hopefully we can find one or two more players before we start.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:06 PM   #35
Gil-Galad

alright i can postpone it and i will make it a 24 hour period, hopefully when the 17th comes around we can either be done or have someone temp my posistion for i shall be at a concert that night...
Old 10-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #36
xyzzy
Haunting Spirit

xyzzy is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Definitely 24-hour deadlines.

That is all.

~<Name>
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:09 PM   #37
Gil-Galad

Alright when i get t least one more player i will begin the game on Thursday. roles will be sent out probably wensday so clear out your inboxes!
Old 10-16-2007, 05:34 AM   #38
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Um, could we hang on a bit, perhaps? I'm going to be away Wednesday and will not be returning until Sunday.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #39
Gil-Galad

i could postpone till perhaps friday or saturday...
Old 10-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #40
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
i could postpone till perhaps friday or saturday...
Anything prior to Sunday and I'm useless. Sorry, Gil. I'm on midterms straight through and then Friday I'm ditching town.