The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-07-2020, 01:37 PM   #481
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
My top suspects are still Mac and Brinn, but both of them being wolves looks unlikely to me – chiefly because they’ve both acted paranoid in a strikingly similar way about the Rikae kill being about framing them specifically. I don’t really see two wolves from the same pack drawing attention to themselves in this way. Unless they were counting on that if one of them got lynched, this would give the other a free pass?
I would assign the "paranoia about Rikae kill" more to Mac today than Brinn.

As far as I recall, Brinn had one post about it today which looked fishy on the "do you think I'd be that dumb?" comment. Her other posts have been comments about everyone else. Could be an attempt to look helpful, but struck me as an innocent response of "Ok Boro, you can waste your time if you want, I'm going to talk about other things."
Old 05-07-2020, 01:38 PM   #482
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
That only tells us that G55 doesn't think Brinn is a wolf but wants to lynch her to save somebody she thinks IS a wolf - which could well be Mac, as she already seems to have thought him a possible wolf yesterDay.
Or she recon that we would be very reluctant to support the quarantine vote when we know she has the deciding vote.

On a different note, The Ka attributes a quotation to me in post #426, which I definitely did not say. For some reason I cannot quote it when I try.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:41 PM   #483
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I'm at the moment strongly considering voting Brinn. Otherwise I thought to start a Huinesoron vote or somesuch, but I am not sure if anyone at all would go for it.
I could go for either Mac or Brinn at this point. Both look suspicious to me, and knowing their roles would give us a lot more insight into several others (including each other).
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:43 PM   #484
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I don't actually think we should read into the QT vote at all. It could just as easily be a double-bluff by G55 - "If I vote Brinn, they'll think I want to kill her, so they won't vote her," etc. etc.
True.

The Cobbler doesn't know anyone's roles,
High-dee-high-dee ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
That said, I don’t trust Brinn at all either. As in the post Lhuna quoted earlier where she said she suspected Pitch but laid off when he started being suspected by more people as she thought there might be wolves in the bandwagon and she didn’t want a part in it; I get a vibe of someone more concerned about not being implicated in lynching an innocent than actually lynching someone she genuinely suspects.
That's one of the main points against Brinn which has up to now been brought up ad nauseam by the world & his wife, starting from Rikae onward and (IIRC, need to check but I think) including Mac at some point? Why reiterate it?

Last edited by Pitchwife; 05-07-2020 at 01:44 PM. Reason: EDIT_grammar
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #485
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
It's in 1.5h!
Oh lovely. Thanks!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #486
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
In the spirit of my latest (longer) post, I would really urge people to look at patterns and teamups and accusations and wrack their brains what might the entire wolf pack, or the majority of it be. When you start doing this, you quickly notice that there's a limited amount of combos that both make sense as a team and consist of suspicious feeling players.

Also I know it's only Day2 and now is not the time to start analysing submarines but everybody should at least skim through the player list and pause to consider each fellow player.

As for the lynch toDay, well I already cast my vote, which I maintain "made things more interesting" , even if it happens that I get lynched toDay. I see where the second guessing on Mac is coming from but to me, his behaviour continues to be mostly baffling - he seemed so paranoid resigned to his death the whole Day, now that it started to look like he would be lynch, he suddenly becomes chill and starts focusing on other things than just being framed?

I still think we should give Brinn a pass for toDay, mostly not based on her own actions but how eager people have been to pin accusations and valiant defences on her. To the point that I thought everyone else is thinking that Brinn was yesterDay's kerfuffle and being surprised that people (at least Legate and Greenie) seem to be genuinely considering voting her. But what can I say, lynching her is probably a better idea than lynching me, anyway.

Ditto about Inzil. I still think he has seemed relatively innocent, so the constant suspicion on him makes me think I'm missing something. But is it him being shady, or a low key wolf conspiracy to keep him as a backup lynch option? No offense, but he is the type of player who often gets lynched pretty arbitrarily.

But of course, the most votes anyone has is 2 so there's plenty time to add more candidates on the table. I'm pretty curious about this actually, because yesterDay for instance the votes didn't spread very much despite the villge being huge. Wolves might have an interest in keeping the number of options small, regardless of whether one of them already has a vote or not.

edit: xed with #478 and onwards
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:46 PM   #487
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I'm at the moment strongly considering voting Brinn. Otherwise I thought to start a Huinesoron vote or somesuch, but I am not sure if anyone at all would go for it.
I'm about done on a more thorough look of Lhuna. I was overall feeling good. I mean the Day 1 wasn't giving me anything, but really liked her point on Kit and response to Lottie. Agree with Lommy on how Lhuna's vote looks, but just about done with Lhuna's post.

Maybe too late and near DL to look through Huey for consideration today, but he's worth a thorough look.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:47 PM   #488
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post

Maybe too late and near DL to look through Huey for consideration today, but he's worth a thorough look.
Someone else said this recently too (Legate maybe?) and I've been slowly reading through his posts and I am starting to agree there's something going on there.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:52 PM   #489
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
True.

High-dee-high-dee ho!
That's the spirit!

And yeah, I should perhaps be happy for knowing people sharing the idea, but Greenie's happy jump on the idea to vote Brinn seems worrisome to me.
Quote:
But of course, the most votes anyone has is 2 so there's plenty time to add more candidates on the table. I'm pretty curious about this actually, because yesterDay for instance the votes didn't spread very much despite the villge being huge. Wolves might have an interest in keeping the number of options small, regardless of whether one of them already has a vote or not.
Some good points there. But of course, while there may be more than two or three options, the actual viable options will probably quickly get limited to a smaller number too. But yeah...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:53 PM   #490
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I could go for either Mac or Brinn at this point. Both look suspicious to me, and knowing their roles would give us a lot more insight into several others (including each other).
I could vote for either, as part of the Rikae connection, or Lottie. It doesn't seem there would be much support for the last, though.

Quote:
Ditto about Inzil. I still think he has seemed relatively innocent, so the constant suspicion on him makes me think I'm missing something. But is it him being shady, or a low key wolf conspiracy to keep him as a backup lynch option? No offense, but he is the type of player who often gets lynched pretty arbitrarily.
That last is undoubtedly true.

x/d with Kit and Legate
Old 05-07-2020, 01:54 PM   #491
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to voting for Huinesoron. I mentioned earlier that [b]Mac[b] was looking more innocent to me, and I started getting a kind of sketchy vibe from Huin. Even when I put him in my "feeling okay" category in my list, I mentioned that I wanted to keep an eye on his habit of slightly misrepresenting things in his summaries, as well. I'm going to take a closer look at him, but I would consider him a candidate for voting toDay.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-07-2020 at 01:54 PM. Reason: xed with Zil
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:54 PM   #492
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
I'm about done on a more thorough look of Lhuna. I was overall feeling good. I mean the Day 1 wasn't giving me anything, but really liked her point on Kit and response to Lottie. Agree with Lommy on how Lhuna's vote looks, but just about done with Lhuna's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Someone else said this recently too (Legate maybe?) and I've been slowly reading through his posts and I am starting to agree there's something going on there.
Yeah, that was me. Mac then spoke about it later (another of the posts of his that piqued my interest - for a different reason, mostly because he suddenly was in accord with many of my own thoughts), but he has already cast his vote.

But I may go for it - or Lottie could be another option.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-07-2020, 01:54 PM   #493
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Okay. Since I actually want to get to bed on time for once -

++ Macalaure

As discussed earlier, I can't really think why an innocent Mac would be acting the way he has. The odd cobbler-Rikae-theory was the second time it's seemed like his thought processes are not ones that would occur to an innocent (the first being the slightly too convenient one from yesterDay where he went from it being nearly deadline and not knowing who to vote for to a suspicion of Brinn in the course of a single post).

EDIT: x-ed since Boro's post about Lhuna
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 05-07-2020, 01:55 PM   #494
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Feeling a bit bad about my Lommy vote now. Her last few post look more innocent to me. I'm feeling a lot worse about Huin and wish I could change it to him or Greenie, vote count be damned.
If you're a wolf, you're eeeevil, you know that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Anyways, Mac looks far from uncontroversial to me, but I don't like how suddenly half the villag - not the least people I suspect like Lottie etc - turned into suddenly serving Mac as the main meal of the day. It feels like it isn't healthy.
Not that I wouldn't still be for cannibalising Mac for a village dinner à la Asterix, but I actually agree with this sentiment. Like I said before, people have been way too much assuming about Mac getting lynched toDay (others than Mac himself, too ).

That being said - I'm making a sidenote right now that if we lynch Mac and if he is a wolf, then I'd really look at Legate.

People talking about voting Huinesoron? Well that would be a Plot Twist but not necessarily a bad one. If he's a wolf, I wager Brinn is one too. He pretty much admitted to trying to save her on Day1, which just sounded off to me. But I have really hard time reading Huin because as I've said, I just don't follow his thought processes because it seems we disagree on every turn.

edit: xed with Lottie, Leggie and Littlie
Old 05-07-2020, 01:58 PM   #495
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
People talking about voting Huinesoron? Well that would be a Plot Twist but not necessarily a bad one. If he's a wolf, I wager Brinn is one too. He pretty much admitted to trying to save her on Day1, which just sounded off to me. But I have really hard time reading Huin because as I've said, I just don't follow his thought processes because it seems we disagree on every turn.
Huey seems capable of long, analytical posts and somehow steers clear of controversy in the meantime. I am not at all at ease with him, but I don't think I'd vote him just yet.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:00 PM   #496
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Shasta -> Pitchwife 2 (I'm jerking the reins a bit here) ~ Shasta

I'd be interested to know a bit more about this vote, Shasta. This vote created a three way tie at the time between Pitch, G55 and Brinn. It's certainly consistent with his earlier suspicions, I just wonder why Pitch over Brinn at this point, especially with the comment at the point of vote as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Of those with votes, I won't vote for Rikae, could vote for Brinn or Pitch, and probably won't be voting for G55 unless it's to save someone I think is innocent.
I was fine with either a Pitchwife or Brinniel lynch at the time, Pitch slightly more, so I voted early to tie them and keep them in the village crosshairs ("jerking the reins") - I didn't vote G55 because I thought she was the Cobbler and not a wolf.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 05-07-2020, 02:02 PM   #497
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I could vote for either, as part of the Rikae connection, or Lottie. It doesn't seem there would be much support for the last, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to voting for Huinesoron. I mentioned earlier that [b]Mac[b] was looking more innocent to me, and I started getting a kind of sketchy vibe from Huin. Even when I put him in my "feeling okay" category in my list, I mentioned that I wanted to keep an eye on his habit of slightly misrepresenting things in his summaries, as well. I'm going to take a closer look at him, but I would consider him a candidate for voting toDay.
The feeling when people you are wary of start to be the (basically only) ones supporting your lynch ideas.

But I would also like it to be filed that Greenie said she could vote either Brinn or Mac (in response to me talking about voting Brinn), other people mentioned both afterwards, and of the options, then decided to go for Mac. Just a thing to check back to later if anything relevant to this "constellation" comes up.

Since now there seems to be more support for it too, I may vote Hui. But otherwise I'm also very much favouring Brinnlynch to others.

EDIT: x-ed after Lommy
Old 05-07-2020, 02:03 PM   #498
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I don't do lists...

Neutral:
Lommy
Leaning towards innocent. I thought she made a lot of sense in post 298. Might have made one or two safe-non commital comments on day 1, but it is hard not to.

Pitch
Yesterday I thought him innocent, but the Kitanna deal gets him relegated to this group.

Inzil
Mostly good vibes yesterday, less so today. Besides the ranger thing, I have nothing concrete.

The Ka
Leaning towards good. Seems insightful and helpful. Again nothing concrete.

Good
Legate
I haven't read all he says in detail, but what I have read is great. I agree with far more of his reasoning than I would normally care to admit. I am especially a fan of post 393 and 463.

Lhuna
I like her playing style okay. Anyways nothing has seemed out of character and seems helpful.

shasta
I like his playing style okay. Anyways nothing has seemed out of character and seems helpful.

Possibly Sinister
Loslote
I really get a bad vibe from Loslote, but to be honest 50% of her posts seem outright reasonable. The reason she still makes this list is that I did not care for her post 114 where she tried to keep the Legate-Pitch day 1 spat going, without commiting. In post 294 she seems to commit to an agenda of getting a Brinn voter lynched, which i did not care for.

Brinniel
Same as yesterday. Her actions today doesn't do much in either direction. I like that she stick to her guns, but I am not convinced by her arguments.

Eönwe
Same as yesterday + the fact that he could vote Kitanna

No read
Hui
Kath
Boromir
Lalaith
Sally
Mac
Greenie

Also guys guess what happened?
I was reading a Lommy post and Joni Mitchell’s “Both Sides Now” came on.

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 05-07-2020 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Formatting hell
Old 05-07-2020, 02:04 PM   #499
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

An hour to go. Is everyone gonna vote at the last minute again?
Old 05-07-2020, 02:04 PM   #500
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I still think we should give Brinn a pass for toDay, mostly not based on her own actions but how eager people have been to pin accusations and valiant defences on her. To the point that I thought everyone else is thinking that Brinn was yesterDay's kerfuffle and being surprised that people (at least Legate and Greenie) seem to be genuinely considering voting her. But what can I say, lynching her is probably a better idea than lynching me, anyway.
This doesn't make sense to me. As I recall, Lommy started toDay sounding almost outraged that people seemed to be giving Brinn a pass. Did I miss something in the middle where this changed? I don't really see why we should give someone a pass if she hasn't done anything to appear less suspicious, or less likely to be guilty. Likewise, I don't see how other people being eager to accuse and/or defend her means we should give her a pass - if anything, it would mean more to analyse in case she was lynched. Lommy, help?

EDIT: x-ed with Rune and Lommy
Old 05-07-2020, 02:07 PM   #501
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
If he's a wolf, I wager Brinn is one too. He pretty much admitted to trying to save her on Day1, which just sounded off to me.
Well we aren't both wolves since I'm not one, but I do agree his save of me seems off. As I stated before, maybe a wolf trying to come off as innocent by trying to save another innocent.

I could vote Hui, but I would prefer Inzil. Feeling less sure about Mac - his latest posts feel okay, but I keep going back and forth on this.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:10 PM   #502
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

On Lhuna...

Her smaller posts with shorter comments look innocent. Bringing up points about a ranger reveal and wondering why Lottie felt the need to say if Kit's a wolf and faking, the real ranger should not reveal.

Her longer posts looking at individuals and her suspects makes me more wary. To save Rune's eyes (a sentiment I try to agree with but doesn't always happen). I'll just link the post here..

I'm having trouble following what she's actually suspicious of Lommy of other than a comment when voting "let's make this interesting." Then it's just "You would know. Tricksy. False."

Then her post before her vote...here

Has Lommy in the suspects list, but there's no input.

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out why Lhuna found Lommy suspicious at all.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:11 PM   #503
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Hey whatever. I may just as well do something on time for once, and offer some options.

++Huinesoron

And perhaps not only the votes themselves, but also the current "setup of bandwagons" may get us some information.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:11 PM   #504
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
This doesn't make sense to me. As I recall, Lommy started toDay sounding almost outraged that people seemed to be giving Brinn a pass. Did I miss something in the middle where this changed? I don't really see why we should give someone a pass if she hasn't done anything to appear less suspicious, or less likely to be guilty. Likewise, I don't see how other people being eager to accuse and/or defend her means we should give her a pass - if anything, it would mean more to analyse in case she was lynched. Lommy, help?
I don't recall being outraged about that, but - I started the day thinking Mac and Brinn are equally implicated by and equally touchy about Rikae's death. Then I actually read through Rikae's posts (italics because I thought I said this 20 times ) and came to the conclusion they don't look like a seer who dreamt of Brinnwolf which made me consider it less likely - but not impossible - that a wolf pack with Brinn would target Rikae. While Mac's paranoia about Rikae seemed so outlandish it seemed to me the same paranoia could easily have led a wolf pack with Mac to kill Rikae.

edit: xed with everyone after what I quoted

Last edited by Thinlómien; 05-07-2020 at 02:15 PM. Reason: goddamn pronouns *smacks self*
Old 05-07-2020, 02:14 PM   #505
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Also guys guess what happened?
I was reading a Lommy post and Joni Mitchell’s “Both Sides Now” came on.

Btw:

Lommy -> Macalaure
Kath -> Inzil
Lhuna -> Lommy
Macalaure -> Lommy 2
QT -> Brinniel
Greenie -> Macalaure 2
Legate -> Huinesoron
Old 05-07-2020, 02:14 PM   #506
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Commenting on a few things over the last 2 pages:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Finding out Mac's role will also shed a light on Brinn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
Would I vote*Mac*based on his individual words alone? Nope. Could I vote for Mac just to flush out who needs him out? High possibility,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
I agree with this assessment and think a lot of light will be shed.
I am leaning more toward Mac based on my assessment earlier, but I don't feel overly confident in casting that vote.
Kill the patient to autopsy him??

Rereading Huin’s post while I’m looking over posts raises my blood pressure.

The QT Thread went for Brinniel. The way I understand it, Gala is in charge of this vote toDay, right? It’s surprising that this vote went to Rikae’s top suspect.

About Lommy’s Mac & Green wolf-on-wolf idea… I think we’re going at each other a bit too hard for that to be likely. Ah, but then again, under Lommy’s assumption that I’m a wolf that has given up (which of course doesn’t make sense ) it might make some sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
If i ever mod a game, it will be with a tweet-version with a character and post cap for the participants.
*Officially nominating Rune to mod the next game.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch, at Greenie
That's one of the main points against Brinn which has up to now been brought up ad nauseam by the world & his wife, starting from Rikae onward and (IIRC, need to check but I think) including Mac at some point? Why reiterate it?
Because she’s a wolf trying to string the village along?

Quote:
If you're a wolf, you're eeeevil, you know that?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:14 PM   #507
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
On Lhuna...

Her longer posts looking at individuals and her suspects makes me more wary. To save Rune's eyes (a sentiment I try to agree with but doesn't always happen). I'll just link the post here..

I'm having trouble following what she's actually suspicious of Lommy of other than a comment when voting "let's make this interesting." Then it's just "You would know. Tricksy. False."
Thank You!

Nice and concise post, also you make a valid point about Lhuna mentioning Lommy early on, but actually giving us basically nothing prior to the vote.

I will consider moving her to the neutral category on my epic list.

Old 05-07-2020, 02:18 PM   #508
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
I don't recall being outraged about that, but - I started the day thinking Mac and Brinn are equally implicated by and equally touchy about Rikae's death. Then I actually read through Rikae's posts (italics because I thought I said this 20 times ) and came to the conclusion she doesn't look like a seer who dreamt of Brinnwolf which made me consider it less likely - but not impossible - that a wolf pack with Brinn would target Rikae. While Mac's paranoia about Rikae seemed so outlandish it seemed to me the same paranoia could easily have led a wolf pack with Mac to kill Rikae.
Ah okay, makes sense now. I went back to the beginning of the day and the bit I got the outrage vibes from was this abundance of questionmarks:
Quote:
But I already see people talking as if the bandwagon against Brinn is a sign of her innocence? No???
Old 05-07-2020, 02:20 PM   #509
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
It's all very well saying I'm quiet, people, but this is a noisy village. I've been asking questions which no-one has listened to or answered. For example, why are some people still suspecting Kit.
On the subject of which, I've been re-reading and found a couple of other people I feel quite good about.
Lottie
Quote:
Shasta - I really like how he handled the Kit situation, trying to defuse it without drawing attention to it.
Good point, and it makes me think better of you too, for pointing it out.
I'm not happy about a lot of things including the current candidates for lynching, none of whom I'm particularly keen to vote for.
I thought Boro was less weird today but re-reading, he's still being weird. Stream of consciousness still strong. Look at this:
Quote:
Trying to put on my wolf gloves and mask, anytime people come out saying the kill was a "frame" to set up an innocent for an easy lynch, it pings (sorry Pitch ) my radar. I recall more than once of past experiences where we go through 3-4 day/night cycles without lynching a wolf. But the only deaths are ordos, and it winds up destroying the pack. The longer gifted stay in, the more they start to uncover, the more they're able to figure out and coordinate dreams/protections/hunts amongst themselves and eventually the wolfpack runs out of "unknown ordos" to kill. Bottom line is, every pack (maybe not) but purely on theory and experience you go for gifteds first. No matter the cost if it makes a fellow wolf look bad or not.
This is an example. All he is saying here is "wolves are more interested in killing gifteds than framing innocents" and takes a looong paragraph to do it.
Also - there's not been enough focus on Pitch. He was the third person on Rikae's list but no-one's talking enough about him.
And finally -
Legate is still really suspicious to me. I still can't follow his reasoning. Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the one hand he's angry with people for talking about KitRanger but on the other he's putting her quite high on his suspect lists.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:22 PM   #510
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I might not be able to stay until the deadline, so probably my final thoughts:

Very bad
Huin, Greenie

Maybe bad
Lommy

Not sure about
Lhuna, Loslote, Brinniel, Boro, Sally, Lalaith - I forgot to look at Lalaith!

Probably not bad
Inzil, Legate, Shasta, Rune, Eonwe

Likely not bad
Pitch, THE Ka, Kath
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:23 PM   #511
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Correction to #484: Not including Mac, his point against Brinn (which Greenie called 'the most suspicious thing' she'd seen yesterDay) was something else. Still.

On one hand I'd kind of like to lynch Mac just so I don't have to worry & wonder about him for the rest of the game, but that's a ****ty reason, so right now I'd rather not. On the other hand I'm less and less comfortable with narrowing down the choice to either Mac or Brinn (yes I know, I've done it too above). And on the gripping hand I'm not really sure what's going on between Lhuna, Mac and Lommy.

I could still vote Zil, or I could actually get behind Legate's Hui vote. A few of Hui's posts look like subtly sewing suspicion while not getting too involved in anything.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:24 PM   #512
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, I've snatched a few minutes. To the people suspicious of me - it seems like most of this comes out of my misreading/over-simplifying things? I've taken the concrit on board, and will make sure to read more carefully toMorrow. (I have a bad habit of semi-skimming over bits of posts, and then forgetting that there was anything between the first and last points to catch my eye.) I welcome the scrutiny - all you'll find is that I've tried my best to follow the evidence.

ToMorrow is the weekend; not sure how that'll affect my posting, but I'll definitely try to answer any questions about my thinking.

(And to whoever said I sound like a salesman - probably! I've spent the past five or six years routinely sending emails with 'thank you, and best regards' at the end, it's a hard habit to break!)

Checking for cross-posts... okay, I got a vote, and I'm bad for Mac's blood pressure, but ultimately I don't see anything to change my stated intention (specifically including, nothing in Mac's post (last second edit: posts) allays my worries). So since I now have to go:

++Macalaure

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:24 PM   #513
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm just saying that if both Mac and I survive toDay I'm going to have the same headcahe toMorrow as I do toDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
If i ever mod a game, it will be with a tweet-version with a character and post cap for the participants.
*Officially nominating Rune to mod the next game.*
This would be epic! And quite a challenge for some of us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
I'm not happy about a lot of things including the current candidates for lynching, none of whom I'm particularly keen to vote for.
Well, who would you vote? It's not too late to add another name, but soon it will be.

edit: xed with Hui
Old 05-07-2020, 02:25 PM   #514
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
I thought Boro was less weird today but re-reading, he's still being weird. Stream of consciousness still strong. Look at this:

This is an example. All he is saying here is "wolves are more interested in killing gifteds than framing innocents" and takes a looong paragraph to do it.
Apologies, but you know those "what kind of messenger are you?" things. Do you give 1 word/1 sentence response or a long block paragraph? I'm the latter, but I'm trying to work on it!
Old 05-07-2020, 02:26 PM   #515
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Lommy -> Macalaure
Kath -> Inzil
Lhuna -> Lommy
Macalaure -> Lommy 2
QT -> Brinniel
Greenie -> Macalaure 2
Legate -> Huinesoron
Huinesoron -> Macalaure 3
Old 05-07-2020, 02:27 PM   #516
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaith View Post
it's all very well saying i'm quiet, people, but this is a noisy village. I've been asking questions which no-one has listened to or answered. For example, why are some people still suspecting kit.
[...]
legate is still really suspicious to me. I still can't follow his reasoning. Correct me if i'm wrong, but on the one hand he's angry with people for talking about kitranger but on the other he's putting her quite high on his suspect lists.
+1
Old 05-07-2020, 02:27 PM   #517
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I am going with my gut feeling (and the reasons on the list of doom)

++Loslote

Old 05-07-2020, 02:30 PM   #518
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Hn. I'm caught up, for the most part, and I'm still not not okay with a Brinniel or Pitchwife QT today.

Gut instinct has me liking Lottie and Eonwe, as well.

I don't have a compelling reason not to QT Mac, either. I think I'm still in find-people-I-like mode. Speaking of, I thought Boro's entrance today was good, I liked his thought process re: Brinn.

I will likely be voting Brinn/Pitch/Mac. Pitch may be the least likely of those three because he probably needs a devoted reread. We'll see what I feel like in a few minutes.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 05-07-2020 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Formatting
Old 05-07-2020, 02:31 PM   #519
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ugh. I don't like the choices on this lynch list. Not particularly suspicious of any of them.
Brinn would be my least worst choice but it sticks in the craw to have my vote dictated by a cobbler.
If I vote for Legate will I be throwing away my vote?
Old 05-07-2020, 02:32 PM   #520
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

The more I stare at that QT vote for Brinniel the more I want to test it. I think G55 is bluffing.