Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-06-2002, 02:24 PM   #241
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

Mea Culpa! Wow.

Quote:
I thought, first, discussion threads were open to discussion from all
I did not say, nor did I mean to imply, that your post was unwelcome on our discussion thread. On the contrary, suggestions are always welcome, and while the discussion thread for a particular RPG is usually dedicated to discussions of what is happening (or is *about* to happen) in that particular RPG, as long as the post has bearing on that RPG, it is not going to be dismissed or deleted.

Quote:
I thought...second, that I had posted respectfully and could not be accused of flaming or rudely intruding on this thread
You were indeed most respectful, and anything I said that might have implied otherwise was entirely unintended. My "flamers" comment was not directed to you, but to others who do indeed try to "wing it" from the chat-room, and who get mad at me as a chat-moderator for stopping them from RP in the chat. If they want to create a separate chat-room for RP, that is fine, but the chat is for general discussions (sometimes Tolkien, sometimes not) and at BW's behest, I do not allow RP in the chat.

Quote:
your last paragraph tends still to dismiss everyone in the Freestyle room as frivolous chat monkeys who post RPGs on a whim.
And yet I freely request that if there are quality RPGs in the Freestyle Room, that someone point them out (which you did, thank you). Mithadan, one of the Forum Moderators, himself pointed out to the other Mods that there were a few worthwhile RP threads in Freestyle -- but he has time to read them all and sort them out. I don't, and I don't apologize for that fact.

I did NOT say that there is *nothing* good in the Freestyle Room. Having not read the room much, such a statement would be entirely presumption.

I did NOT say that all the RPG's there are "flighty", for the same reason.

I DID say, and repeat and clarify here, that if someone wants to create a quality RPG, it takes much more than 5 people who'd like to pretend they're elves, orcs, or hobbits.

And I DO say for-the-record that if there exists a well-written RPG that would be interesting to someone other than just the players, that was started by someone merely saying "Let's RP!" on the chat room, then I want to see it -- the last time a miracle of that magnitude occurred, 3 wise men came out of the east following a star.

If I have sounded defensive, it was unintentional. I was not defensive, but annoyed. I see now that my annoyance was not justified in your case. Please remember that I have to deal with all manner of immature imbeciles, starstruck droolers, and Tolkien-wannabees in the chat, and try to sort them out from the quality people who are there to socialize, mingle, and talk Tolkien when the mood strikes them.

Thanks for the recommendations for the Freestyle Room. I'll check them out when I have a moment. And by the way, while we did close the Rohan RP to new people sometime back, we have lost some of the people who used to post regularly. As a result, we have a number of Non-player characters who could use a good writer. If you are interested, please let me know!

Thenamir of Rohan
Author of "101 Recipes for Eating Crow"
Old 09-06-2002, 07:23 PM   #242
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Thenamir,

In my experience, I have found that crow can be made somewhat palatible by large infusions of red wine, followed by cinnamon, cloves, sugar, several varieties of mushrooms, and a healthy amount of taters. Some might also choose neeps and carrots, but not I. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Should you ever find the time, you might also want to check out "The Lonely Star" which Mithadan writes for, along with Child, pio, Birdland, and others. I have not read all of it, but it certainly stands far above the rest of the Freestyle Room.

You are generous and gracious in asking if I am interested in writing for you and I thank you for that. Let me read through all the thread first! I also need to get my character established at "The Gathering", participate in the winding down of "On Patrol", and get to that stack of fanfic to edit for the Barrow Wight before he sees to it that I am doubly dead. *grin*

Moderating in the midst of barbarian hoards (I exaggerate tonight, for the wine was mellow) is a challenging trial. Thank you for remembering that mustard seeds can bloom in the most unlikely of places. I hope we can continue our acquaintance.

Cordially,
Bethberry
Old 09-07-2002, 10:42 AM   #243
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Dwarin Thunderhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I have a proposition for BW Gil and those who have been faithfull in writing for the rohan RPG.

I enjoyed reading the Bree RPG very much and I thought it had a good premise and some very god writers. It's lifeless body has laid under the title of the Eriador rpg for almost a year now. I propose that we bring it back to life. Once the Rohan RPG is done I would like to see some of us that have written for it take up the banner of Bree. Just as Feanaro resurrected Mordor so would I like to resurrect Bree the father of the Barrowdowns RPG's. I would be willing to moderate it if need be, but I would rather have Thenamir or Gilthalion moderate because their skills far exceed mine. Thank you BW, Gil and Thenamir for your consideration.

[ September 07, 2002: Message edited by: Dwarin Thunderhammer ]
Old 09-08-2002, 03:57 PM   #244
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

This thing is long!! No wonder people don't review it in Fan Fiction. They're afraid to start reading such a long story. But it is pretty good stuff, and one of these days I may actually finish it and be able to join in.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:29 AM   #245
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

As he appears to be without owner at the moment, are there any objections to my playing Elwood, as well as Guthrin?
Old 09-09-2002, 09:48 AM   #246
shieldmaiden
Wight

shieldmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Do play him! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Hey people, what about Taradan? What are we going to do about him? Is jhe somewhere in the woods, unconcious again or what?`
Maybe the wolf puppy could find him.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:07 PM   #247
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Would you like to have a writer for Taradan? I'm looking for an RPG role and could take over his. I've enjoyed reading your story and would be honored to be a part of it. I talked about the idea with Rimbaud, who suggested that I join in. So if you want me, here I am!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 09-09-2002, 12:17 PM   #248
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

We wantssessssssss, yessss.....
Old 09-09-2002, 12:37 PM   #249
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

Actually rimbaud I was rather playing elwood but If you want him you can have him. I think a better choice for you to play in addition to Guthrin would be Gurthden (I know it's confusing) Gurthden is one of the original four riders (Taradan Flandhere Gurthden and Leoden). Gurthden has proved himself to be a good soldier, valiant etc. etc. However I think an even better choice would be Taradan, he's been rather neglected, he was even at one point the leader of our little expedition.

I was acutally heading over here to post for elwood and gurthden so please let me know before you post.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:54 PM   #250
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

As agreed in chat, D, I'll do Elwood and Guthrin, you do Dwarin and Kalohern. Esty will be Taradan when she catches up with the thread. We'll keep an eye on Gurthden and Leoden between us all...Thenamir, shieldmaiden, Areina and GreatWarg all seem pretty self-explanatory.

Someone for Ulfwine, our turncoat?

Direction, Thena?

Other writers welcome, obviously!!!

(Should any of the original writers return, feel free to assume your character again, although a post here would be great!)

[ September 09, 2002: Message edited by: Rimbaud ]
Old 09-09-2002, 05:21 PM   #251
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

This is all EXCELLENT! With the addition of three new players, (Ransom, Rimbaud and Estelyn) we should have enough variety to kep things moving along quite nicely. Glad to see Great Warg has not abandoned us.

As for Taradan...I am trying to come up with a suitably poignant ending to his life. In the early story Elwood had said that his wound needed more gentle care, and that a hard battle would probably kill him (Aneurysm or stroke being the most likely cause, especially since he was said after his wound to be more weak on one side than the other.) A valiant ang glorious death in battle would suit Taradan's character well, but should someone wants to pick up Taradan in the near future, I will wait a bit before writing his end.

As for direction, I have yet to make contact with Gilthalion to request his original storyline. The meeting with Volkmar (Ransom) and Thenamir (me) seems rather fortuitous. I think that with his help (once I get over being suspicious of him) we will track the rest of you down. In the interim, keep heading Northward -- that's where everyone knew we were heading, so it makes sense that all who can should continue moving in that general direction, especially since everyone seems to have found the same stream. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I will redouble my efforts to contact Gil. Great work everyone, it is *really* good to see this story moving again!

Thenamir, Honorary President
Rohan Non-sequitur Society
"We may not make sense, but we do love pizza!"

[ September 09, 2002: Message edited by: Thenamir ]
Old 09-09-2002, 05:43 PM   #252
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

Actually thenamir, estelyn was going to take over Taradan. So there is no need to bump him off just yet. Since the only charachter unnacounted for is ulfwine. I can take him if that is ok with the group.

Also I would like some feedback on my abouve question about the Bree RPG.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:01 PM   #253
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

Ok folks! Hold up! Well not everyone, just rimbaud and estelyn. It seems that there is confusion surrouding the names of certain charachters. There are TWO cout 'em two riders which sound incredibly the same. Gurthden and Guthrin. Confusing eh? Let me clear the air.

Guthrin = One of the 4 orginal riders from the beginning. He is a valiant man, he defended Aspida's house. All around good egg.

Gurthden = Part of the re-enforcements that came with thenamir. Scoundrel (excepting recent circumstances). He could have saved aspida from the burning house. Dwarin hates gurthden.

The most recent post by rimbaud shows a certain confusion on the name. I thought that my little party was finding Guthrin the good guy Rimbaud was thinking we found Gurthden the coward.

My understanding up to this point has been Reimbaud has been writing for Elwood Gurthden AND Guthrin.

If Dwarin etc. found GurthDen then I need to change my post. ALso then Guthrin needs to be re-assigned. I could take him maybe. Then Estelyn could have Ulfwine.

[edit]

Even though it might be alot of work it might be a good idea to go back through all our posts and change one of the names to something else. Just a thought.

[ September 09, 2002: Message edited by: Dwarin Thunderhammer ]
Old 09-09-2002, 06:07 PM   #254
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

Err...I hate to break it to you, master Dwarf, but you have them backwards. Guthrin is the scoundrel, Gurthden is the Original rider. If you look back at the series of posts where I had to chase you out of that tree to keep you from killing Guthrin, it was Gurthden who tied Guthrin to the tree as punishment.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:11 PM   #255
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

See? It was so confusing I got confused. I guess you get my point.

*Dwarin facepalms

So who is going to write for the good g-man I volunteer for the job if I can keep the names straight.

[ September 09, 2002: Message edited by: Dwarin Thunderhammer ]
Old 09-09-2002, 06:17 PM   #256
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

I rahter like Dwarin's idea of changing one of the names. since Gurthden has been a Non-Player-Character from the beginning, I submit that his is the name that should be changed. Any suggestions for a good, Rohan-sounding name?
Old 09-09-2002, 06:34 PM   #257
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

Howabout: Dwarin-is-so-careless-that-we-allhave-to-go-back-through-the-whole-dang-thing-and-change-the-names-on-ALL-our-posts-I-hate-Dwarin-stupid-jerk-that-he-is ?

No? Maybe something with an E. Ethred? Erthond? Erthin?
Old 09-09-2002, 07:07 PM   #258
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dűm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Need my obviously superior nose to find someone? Sure, just tell me where he would most likely be wandering about, and I'll find a way! Though oft happens by fate than by chance.
Old 09-10-2002, 05:29 AM   #259
shieldmaiden
Wight

shieldmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Oh, yes, Gurthden! We completelly forgot him.
This is a sight with a list of Old English men's names: http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/aelfwyn/bede.html#Men's Names
I suggest we pick a name that is easy to spell. I liked the name Coenred.
As soon as we pick his name everyone can correct their own posts. But there is a problem, Barrow-Wight already copied the rpg to the fan fiction section, he would have to delete it and then copy the corrected version.
I also plan to correct all my spelling and grammar mistakes from my past posts.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:35 AM   #260
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Thenamir, don't kill Taradan - he has survived, though separated from the others. I am taking him northwards on his own and could give him something to do or someone to meet if I knew something about what is to happen. I will be writing my first post for him today. edit: Perhaps the wolf could find him and accompany him on the journey?

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 09-10-2002, 12:24 PM   #261
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

Sorry Estelyn, I did not mean to propose killing off your character so soon. Remember that he was badly wounded once before, so this battle will probably have him very seriously hurt, perhaps near death (again), so get him to help ASAP!

And I'd forgotten that BW has already posted most of the story in the fan-fiction section. Changing the names there might be problematic. I'll check and find out.

O Gilthalion, where are you?

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: Thenamir ]
Old 09-11-2002, 02:23 AM   #262
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Volkmar, Thenamir, don't move, please! You're right where I need you for my next Taradan post. If any of the others are posting today, don't meet up with them quite yet, please. My post will be finished and up later today (late afternoon US EST).

Since Thenamir is doing such a good job of leading the group, there is no reason to bring Taradan back to the others. He is going to find help and move on northwards on his own. I suspect he will have a role to play in the finding of the ruined city. Theodred21 didn't leave much background information on him, so I have some leeway with connections to his past. I hope my ideas will work well within the framework of the story!
Old 09-11-2002, 09:31 AM   #263
onewhitetree
Seeker of Syntax

onewhitetree has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to onewhitetree
Sting

Hi guys,

All this talk about the revived Rohan has made me toy with the idea of joining again. I'll need to read up of course, but in the meanwhile, I'd like to hear a few opinions on whether the RPG needs a new character or an old character taken over. All suggestions will be appreciated.

Well, I'M BACK.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:01 AM   #264
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

Bwahahaha! The Rohan RPG, like coffee, an addiction you just can't break! Wishing you hadn't killed off Aspida now, eh? You snubbed us once -- but I'll confer with the powers that be, cast the bones, read the entrails, and see if you're *worthy* to be allowed back in... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Thenamir of Rohan
Guardian of the Gates of Role-Play
Old 09-11-2002, 02:32 PM   #265
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

BWAHAHAHA THE ROHAN RPG SHALL RULE THE WORLD!!!

Sorry just had to get that out of my system. The rohan rpg is really picking up steam especially with the addition of kate and estelyn and (hopefully) the almighty wight himsef.

Kate, you are more than welcome despite what Thenamir might have you believe. I don't think we need any new charachters at this point but we have a whole open slots. Ulfwine Gurthden etc. Feel free to write for any one of them.

On a more technichal note, Thenamir, would your chrachter have any knowledge of "Istari" much less 5 of them. It would seem to me that a regular soldier would call them "Wizards" and only have knowledge of two I.e. Gandalf And Saruman. Much less the white council.

Just a thought

[edit]

Ransom, your post has a minor mistake. You refer to Volkmar as Ransom in one sentence

Quote:
Ransom leaned forward slightly, staring into Thenimir’s eyes. “The gauntlet is at your feet. Will you accept the offer? Or would you like to discuss it further?”
[ September 11, 2002: Message edited by: Dwarin Thunderhammer ]
Old 09-11-2002, 04:32 PM   #266
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

OK, the next Taradan post is up - and yes, the wounded man is Taradan, of course, though his name is not mentioned. One of the Rangers will be leaving after healing him, the other will accompany him northwards. I will write Andros as well, since they will be traveling together. I had to introduce them to get Taradan healed somehow and because I thought the Rangers would want to react to the riderless horse. Volkmar showed up by chance, IIRC, didn't he?
Old 09-11-2002, 05:28 PM   #267
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

**Great** post, Estelyn. Nice writing style and good plot advance. Great to have you along!

Dwarin: THe wizards had been wandering Middle Earth for a couple thousand years before the events of this story. Perhaps he might not know the word "Istari" as part of his vocabulary, but the doings of the White Council, especially regarding the driving out of the Necromancer on the south of Mirkwood would surely have been news in those parts, and Mithrandir was well known to the leaders and probably to the people of Minas Tirith, as evidenced by his reception there in the LOTR books. I might alter the one word for clarity, but I think the rest is OK.

Thanks all! More posts to come!

Gilthalion! O for one word from the mouth of the moderator...
Old 09-11-2002, 05:31 PM   #268
Ransom
Wight

Ransom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ransom
Sting

Dwarin:

Thanks for noticing the mistake!!

I'll be more careful when I proofread next time. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2002, 05:49 PM   #269
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

I agree with Thenamir nice post Estelyn. I should be posting soon maybe not today but at the latest tommorow.

Nice posting to you too Ransom. Good to have you too. Thanks for correcting that.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:05 AM   #270
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

Rimbaud -- another great post, I love the way you write, very visual.

Would you be so kind as to illumine me (either here or privately) where, in general terms, you're going with Guthrin, especially with the white-star subtheme? [shameless pun: a theme of Titanic proportions...] I just want to make sure that it all fits in where we're going. It looks good, I just want to have an idea what's brewing. Thanks!

[ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: Thenamir ]
Old 09-12-2002, 11:20 AM   #271
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

Heh, I was waiting for questions... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The star-shaped stone is simply a suggestion - that will never be vocalised - of Numenorean blood somewhere down the family tree (for Guthrin). As you may have realised, a great doom is upon this man...he is dragged into events against his will as it were, and I would like to continue with that. He will become more and more distant from his fellow travellers, even as he becomes more and more useful to them.

I confess to some mischief in my first Rohan post where I suggested that he was the one Saruman was afraid of; mere playfulness it is however, and can be ignored or used, as the story wills.

Guthrin was well-trained in all the arts of war - his father was the wealthiest man in his hometown and supplied him with the best of everything - but these skills were not backed with any experience. Guthrin will never be a particularly likeable character and that is all to the good, for I fear he shall meet a tragic end as events unfold in the city at the culmination of our journey...

[ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: Rimbaud ]
Old 09-12-2002, 02:55 PM   #272
Ransom
Wight

Sting

Thenamir-

I think I'll wait for you to post before Volkmar comes back. I believe it would be rather interesting because it would give Thenamir time to re-think his assessment of Volkmar. After all, I would be rather surprised if my newest friend got up and disappeared in the middle of a conversation.

Comments?

Sincerely,
Ransom
Old 09-12-2002, 03:02 PM   #273
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

Ransom -- no problem. I'll probably post later this evening.
Old 09-12-2002, 03:05 PM   #274
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

I would like to add something, a little off topic. The standard of writing from all of you at the moment is very high. It truly is an enjoyable RPG, one that is true to its roots, active yet not hectic. Congratulations, all of you. Ransom, you have made a very welcome addition to the group here. Esty, I had no hesitation in asking you, and you have proven indeed of good calibre. The members who were writing here long before me need no praise from me - yet they receive it all the same.

Long may it continue; I look forward to BW and Kate making their respective entrances (or return in Kate's case).
Old 09-12-2002, 03:41 PM   #275
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

Quote:
I look forward to BW and Kate making their respective entrances (or return in Kate's case).
...as Volkmar stealthily made his way back to Thenamir his eyes began to strain to perceive his path in an unnatural gloom which seemed to settle in around and before him in an eerily silent forest. He slowed, sensing something as yet unseen, brooding not with evil, but with perplexity and anger, a scent of sadness and uncertainty. Upon the path ahead he could see a mist forming, tracing a lazy trail upon the half-hidden ground, but not following the low places of the ground as a natural mist would. His suddenly cold and sweating hand reflexively went for his warhammer though he knew that it would not avail him against who or whatever approached. The mist rose silently from the ground and assumed the rough shape of an old woman, dressed in the manner of the Dunlendings, yet abnormally shaded as if grimed with a ghostly soot. Tendrils of mist arose from her clothes and head like smoke from the dying embers of a campfire. The apparition faced Volkmar, and the faintest whisper of a voice did Volkmar perceive, yet clearly did he take the meaning when she said, "I seek...Thenamir of Rohan. I need...to give him...a message." Volkmar repied, not without a tremor in his voice, "I go to seek him now, good spirit. What may I tell him for you?" The shade replied, "Tell...Thenamir...Aspida says...WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU GUYS, YOU AND THAT INSUFFERABLE ELF?!?! YOU LEFT ME ALONE TO DIE IN THAT RUNDOWN SHANTY HALF-ROASTED AND SUCKING SMOKE!! GOT A LITTLE TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE IN THE BURNING FOREST EH?? GOOD!!!" Volkmar, stunned, girded up his loins and heedless of stealth ran for his life, while the shade continued to sputter, "GET BACK HERE, FLESH-BAG, OLD ASPIDA'S NOT THROUGH TALKIN' YET...."
Old 09-12-2002, 04:54 PM   #276
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

ROFLOL

*wipes tears from eyes*

Too bad that can't happen in Middle earth [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2002, 05:08 PM   #277
Ransom
Wight

Sting

ROFLOL

HELP!! I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!
Old 09-12-2002, 08:40 PM   #278
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

Thenamir, I posted for you to exchange the post back. Thanks for the shift, it is much more coherent this way...

Of course, you can delete my 'hilarious' football commentary...
Old 09-12-2002, 09:03 PM   #279
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dűm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Aye, now I would need a reason to go northward. I will serve as a faithful companion. And forgive my absences, but as any draug knows, life has its ways. And it happens the ways of high school are too harsh for my spirit this year. But I will keep up. If I am gone for an extended period, feel free to use my character in any way that seems commendable. I'll probably be doing accursed essays that could be used as a torture device for the Necromancer himself. I will post as soon as I am finished reading what has been written so far.

Also, this feels slightly awkward to me now. All these great OPs and Chat-Wights in this RPG, and a poor little Warg caught up in the events of the Third Age.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:15 PM   #280
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

Thanks for fixing that thenamir.