User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2003, 10:26 PM   #241
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My apologies if anyone got my last post regarding Ahmad & the tribesmen on the move in a PM. I thought I was posting on the game thread when it came up "PM has been sent". I don't know what happened. It's a new computer & I have had a few e-mail misfires lately. I must have hit a wrong button somewhere. So, if you got my post, you can delete it. Sorry!
Old 07-23-2003, 12:26 AM   #242
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Ealasaid

I did place your Briellah and Ahmad post.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:17 AM   #243
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Great - thanks, Pio!
Old 07-23-2003, 09:21 AM   #244
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Warriors of the Eye

I think its time we made plans of our own [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img].
So I have started the ball rolling by Having Zasfal ask Thorgom about the tribal warriors, I have brought Sammael (As he is already present, being that he is tied to the cart and all) and Essenia into this conversation, so they can ask questions of their own, And once Thorgom tells us of the skills of the Tribal warriors, I think it best if we make a temporary reprieve in our ..erm..infighting, so that we can form alliances (Grudged offcourse by Sammael and Zasfal). [If the converts see how unorganised we are they just might change their minds :P]

As for Jasara and the converts, I would think the Eye would inform Sevora of her coming and she would tell the others that she is to be brought to her immediatly.

As we get nearer I would think that Ghurdan and Sammael would send out Scouts of their own. (If not going out themselves?)

Ok this is a few Idea's let me know what you think, and if there is anything that you think should be changed or added.

Durelin
I think Sevora, Dristi and Naramarth, also find a way to listen to Thorgoms discription, threw Rahvin maybe? [Shrugs]

Pio, Aylwen

Exactly how many warriors are chasing the Young ones?
Old 07-23-2003, 09:27 AM   #245
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

That's a better question for Pio. She and Ealasaid are taking care of them. Sophia and I are just taking care of the people running away from them. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So in my next post should I just hold off the young from the Army for a post or two (for you guys to talk to Thorgom), or should I get Jasara talking to someone to get Sevora in my next post?

-Aylwen
Old 07-23-2003, 09:34 AM   #246
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

oops, sorry I meant Ealasaid,I have no Idea why I put your name [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Yes, please hold of till I find out what the others think [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~Nerindel~
Old 07-23-2003, 09:51 AM   #247
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Nerindel Sevora, Dristi and Namarath will probably find out about Thorgom’s description through Rahvin, but I will leave that up to Durelin.

And I think for now Sevora and Dristi have stopped their fighting, well at least until the converts are safely converted. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2003, 02:08 PM   #248
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Nerindel - Ummmmm.... I'll have to talk with Pio and get back to you.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:38 PM   #249
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Priestesses, Priests, and Eye people- Also Aylwen [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Khasia would very much like to be included in whatever meeting Jasara has with Sevora. She is power hungry and would object fiercely to being left behind. She will also be incredibly fascinated by the priesthood, once she finds out about them. Mesmerised, in fact.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 07-23-2003, 05:37 PM   #250
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Here's what we have figured out as far as numbers of warriors:

Baobab - 29
Painted Sands - 46

Total: 45

Now what sort of numbers are we looking at from your side?
Old 07-23-2003, 06:55 PM   #251
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Quote:
Baobab - 29
Painted Sands - 46

Total: 45
I think Pio means total: 75 [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2003, 11:07 PM   #252
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Hard to believe I taught G.E.D. math for a community college, eh?!
Old 07-24-2003, 04:27 AM   #253
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

hmm let me think!

14 crew (As Sammael killed one)
7 Warriors
2 Priestesses
1 priest

Total: 24

Hmm, this is not good even with the young ones we are out numbered/matched (24 Skilled Fighters + 30-40 youngster, who I assume are not as skilled at fighting as the tribal warrior, totalling 54-64)[not quite the oppressive, force portrayed] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I could have Ghurdan disappear for a day, I mean it would be possible that he recruits his crew from villages already loyal to the eye [shrugs] what do you guys think?

I think originally we were supposed to recruit more warriors on the way:

Durelin
Quote:
Oh, and we might pass through a couple villages already under the sway of Umbar. Perhaps we could pick up some more 'soldiers' or something?
Durelin
Quote:
I was thinking we'd pass through towns or villages and such on our way away from Umbar. These would already be under Umbar's sway, so we might be able to recruit more warriors. We could have a cameo of a peasant sacrifice! I don't know...??
Old 07-24-2003, 01:09 PM   #254
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I mentioned another woman, quite old and ugly [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] and two or three men, right back at the beginning. How about if we just add an extra 10 or so that haven't yet been mentioned? I could go and edit that post, and no-one has ever been specific. Then you could recruit in the village on top, maybe.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-24-2003, 09:34 PM   #255
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Sophia - Now's Khasia's chance to argue her way into the meeting that is to come. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

-Aylwen
Old 07-25-2003, 08:03 AM   #256
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Durelin

Were art thou o great and powerful leader [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I think we require a post from you before we can do more!

I have had an Idea that I am not ready to post on the discussion thread until I have spoken with you, I've tried to pm you but your postbox if full [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] pm me and I will tell you my thoughts [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2003, 12:43 PM   #257
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

About the recruiting- I wrote this, Nerindel, I don't know how it would fit into your idea or anything. I'll post it here and then you can use it if you want. Or not, whatever. Or use bits of it. You see, I'm going away for two weeks so I won't be here to do it myself.
Quote:
“Damodred”
Damodred turned with surprise at the sound of his name. Sammael surely hadn’t been let off his punishment? No, it was the Sea Captain, Ghurdan.
“Damodred, I want you to come with me. I understand you know this area?”
“Yes” Damodred replied uncertainly.
“Very well. I need to find a village which I understand is somewhere around here. We need reinforcements to fight the savages. You can show me the way.”

Oh can I indeed? Damodred thought privately. Would you talk to Sammael like this? Well perhaps you would, he recollected, but I have a feeling you think I'm just a useless old man anyway. Well, we shall see.
"I can show you the way, yes" he answered with little enthusiasm.

Luckily the village was not very far out of their way- only about 3 miles. The rest of the party continued their journey as Ghurdan, Damodred and one of Ghurdan's crew broke off over the sand dunes.

When they reached it they saw a dusty little desert town, slightly bigger than the last. At the sight of strangers, townspeople appeared, standing around egarding them or peeking out of doors and windows. Once they reached the central square, Ghurdan motioned to the crewman, who pulled a large bell from the bag he had slung over his shoulder. He rung it, twice then put it away and stood silent.

Curious townsfolk began to pack the little square, until Damodred estimated there were about 150 of them talking quietly.
"Friends before the Eye" Ghurdan began "I am here to tell you of an important mission. We are going to convert the heathen tribesmen of the South to the great Dark Religion. We call for your help as loyal subjects of the same master. You receive great freedom here, now it is time for you to repay your debt to the great Eye! Volunteers come and report to me."

Damodred looked up at him. That was a clever speech- the hint of a threat was inherent in the mention of their freedom. Yes, no doubt about it, Ghurdan had brains. But then, so did Sammael unlikely though that often seemed. Between the two of them, there was a good chance that this mission would go very well.
This is what I wrote to post on every discussion thread about going away. (I'm so organised!). See you in two weeks!
Quote:
As I said before, I’m going away on holiday for two weeks, starting tomorrow. I’m hoping to be able to check in on the 2nd of August, and probably post. Please continue to use my characters, so that they don’t drop out of sight. You can do pretty much what you like, as long as it’s in character. Use them as much as you want!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-25-2003, 03:33 PM   #258
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

ok,

I have finally posted and put up Lyra's post. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I was thinking that the main host would camp at nightfall allowing Ghurdan and Damodred to return with 30 or so volunteers [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Then I thought we would meet up with the young converts the following day.

Let me know what you think.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:45 PM   #259
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

So - do the math for me:

How many in each sections of the Army of the Eye after these additions?

Thanks! Pio
Old 07-25-2003, 04:02 PM   #260
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

20 New Recruits (yes, I decided to change this to make us more evenly matched [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
14 crew
11 Warriors (this includes the four Lyra mentioned in her earlier post)
2 Priestesses
1 priest

Total:48

Then 30-40 young converts when they join us. ok [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2003, 04:11 PM   #261
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Those 30 - 40 youngsters left are now down to 21 to 31. That original number included all the children left after the raid - then 9 were killed and hung on the tree, correct?
Old 07-25-2003, 05:16 PM   #262
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Quote:
In the invasion, we lost a total of eight good fighters to stranglement and throat slitting. Not to mention all the children that were rescued.

Jasara, Khasia, Nasir, Najah, and Uri killed nine children who were worthless to them and carried them away.

So, most of the young left probably range in the ages from 14/15-25, as most of the youngest have been, shall we say, 'disposed of'. I suppose the group of rebel young have about 30-40 left, and most of them are at least semi-competent fighters.
The nine sacrifices were included in this count. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] However, if it would make the numbers more even or if it is necessary, we could just say that there were a lot more children rescued in Pio's invasion (than originally thought/counted)?

-Aylwen
Old 07-25-2003, 06:04 PM   #263
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Helky, you know I love you to bits and everything...but:
Quote:
It was dead obvious that he didn't completely know the way
Actually he does. So [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] . Also, you made Essenia smile. She doesn't smile. Ever.
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-25-2003, 07:40 PM   #264
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

So, this is going to be a fair fight? Sorry to be a pain, but I don't think 40 or so children would match up very evenly against 40 or so trained warriors, regardless how bloodthirsty the children are. At the current odds, I would have to bet on the tribesmen here.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:37 PM   #265
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Even though the children will be with the army of the Eye?

Where is Durelin?

-Aylwen
Old 07-26-2003, 02:15 AM   #266
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Shall we agree on these figures, then:

Army of the Eye: (per Nerindel's previous post)

20 New Recruits

14 crew

11 Warriors (this includes the four Lyra mentioned in her earlier post)

2 Priestesses

1 priest

Total:48

Plus, let’s just go with that higher number:

40 young Converts

For a grand total of 88

Here’s what we appear to have of the tribesmen:

29 Baobab

46 Painted Sands

For a total of 76 Tribesmen
Old 07-26-2003, 01:47 PM   #267
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Kill me now!

Okay, you guys are doing a lot better than I ever could...so, keep it up! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Rahvin overhear? That'd be great. I was thinking about interrogating Thorgom, but...I missed my best oppurtunity to, and I'm gonna go with Sevora thinking it's a waste of time until Rahvin comes to her with the info, which turns out to be kinda interesting...

The odds are 88 to 76? That sounds good. Really, the tribesmen will have no advantage (except for age/experience when it comes to the converts), so, it seems to me that it would be realistic for the Army of the Eye to win. Plus, the Eye wills them on...

Okay, we will set up camp about a half mile from the tribe's camp. Then we will plan to send an envoy over to speak with the elder tribesmen on 'friendly' terms. Because, in truth, the Army of the Eye doesn't know anything about the split, except that there is one. (Correct...?) But, Jasara and Khashia arrive to speak to Sevora before the envoy embarks, and we avoid a nasty entanglement.

Nerindel - I'll just run off to deal with my PMs then...

Arien - Hmmmm...Dristi is not broken yet...we will just have to work on that... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

We also have to deal with who is going to die. I say we kill Naramarth. And I'm planning something to make it a more dramatic ending... I'll be PMing you, Aylwen!
So, who else wants to die?

Did all of that make sense? Did I cover everything?

Note - Never again will I be running an RPG, so don't you worry! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Well, I'll do more planning before hand if I do... Argh! I am not good at this...

[ July 26, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 07-26-2003, 04:16 PM   #268
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

When should I post about the young meeting up with the Army of the Eye? Do you guys still need to get a post or two in or can I just post after Pio's last?

-Aylwen
Old 07-26-2003, 04:25 PM   #269
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Aylwen

The tribes are at this moment, just biding their time. So, it is fine with us if you post your meeting with the army, since we have already alluded to the fact that that's where we think you probably are already.

Since it took quite a while for the outriders to get back to the tribes, it is now night time in my last post.

Also, everyone, please be aware that when the Army comes to within 1/2 a mile of the tribes' encampment, they will be within the valley with the tribes at a large clearing east of them, at the valley head.

The valley is about an eighth of a mile wide with low, sloping, rocky sides. There is a small stream that runs through the center of it.

[ July 26, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 07-27-2003, 12:26 PM   #270
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

I am going to stick a few saves in for anyone who needs them, and if they are not used, I will just delete them. Is that okay Pio?

Aylwen - Go ahead, I think we're ready to meet up. The Army of the Eye's little dramas can continue as we bide our time outside the camps of the tribes. Just know that Sevora will have sent scouts out to check out the camps of the tribe. She had a general idea of where the tribes would be from the start, but... You can let the scouts report back, or you can do as you like. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] You can kill/capture them all if you wish, and the younglings can intercept the Eyelings...? Whatever you want to do!

Now, everyone agrees that this battle will be a fair match, right? Well, Pio and I are sure that the losses will be very high on both sides. We have a few options to attempt to make it realistic, or we could make it not realistic at all, if that's what everyone's heart truly desires. (But I will complain about it, mark my words!)

1. We can kill off just about all the 'extras' and just one or two secondary/carry-along/main characters.

2. We can kill many of the secondary/carry-along/main characters, and many of the extras.

3. We can kill everyone, or just about everyone (meaning one or two or three survivors on either side), to end the RPG with a sad, dark, twisted sort of end.

I would be happy with any of those, though I like 2 and 3 more than one, and for some reason, 3 appeals to me greatly... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

What does everyone think?

Oh, one more note - Naramarth is going to die regardless of the decision we make.

Such a happy discussion, eh? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2003, 01:45 PM   #271
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

I guess I'll be using one of your saves, Durelin. I'll send it to you later today, then. Also, you don't mind if the young intercept and kill the scouts?

Also, I prefer option two. But three is good too, but I like two best.

-Aylwen
Old 07-27-2003, 04:29 PM   #272
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

You can just post it, those are just so that people can wrap up stuff before we meet with the younglings. Unless your post is before that...?
Old 07-28-2003, 12:46 PM   #273
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Option 2 or 3 is fine with me. I am expecting heavy casualties on both sides, regardless.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:08 PM   #274
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

I have been away for the weekend, and am expecting sporadic internet access for the rest of this week, however, as Khasia really wants in on that meeting, could we edit her post in as soon as I'm able to write it? That would be splendid! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 07-30-2003, 09:37 AM   #275
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

This is to let all the players know that due to unforseeable circumstances, Helka will be unavailable to continue in the Game.

So saying, Durelin, we need to make some decision how his character will be handled.

~~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 07-30-2003, 12:09 PM   #276
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Sophia - We will do our best to include Khashia. I understand 'sporadic internet access' all too well... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Pio - I already have an idea. It will come up in my next post, but I will tell you anyway. I suggest perhaps a tiny mutiny within the 'Army of the Eye', provoked by Thorgom, and perhaps led, but not necessarily. I believe this mutiny should be a bloodless one, since we need all the people we can get for the final battle.

If anyone has any ideas considering the details of this, please let me know over PM. Thanks!

Also, I believe we will go with Idea 2 for who will die. Now we just need the actual characters who you guys are willing to sacrifice. I believe Thorgom and Naramarth should die...? And I will be having both Sevora and Rahvin die, so...no one else really has to sacrifice their character(s), though it would be nice...

Any questions?
Old 07-30-2003, 01:33 PM   #277
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Number two sounds good to me too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I want to get the OK from Sophia before we actually kill this lot, but she hasn't totally disappeared and I'm sure it won't be too much of a problem.

I really don't mind if Rijal and Tajir die, we never even mentioned the latter and the former is so young that he would be no match for any of the PS/B warriors. Umm...who else...Sophia, I really don't think that Najah would die, she's too fiesty/evil/strong. What do you think about Nasir and Uri? I think Nasir or Uri can die (one or the other), but I want to know what you think. What about the carry-along young you made up?

Oh yes! And it was Uri who came along with Khasia and Jasara, I'm sure. I'll be posting later. Unless Sophia gets there first (either way is fine with me) or has something in mind.

-Aylwen
Old 07-30-2003, 07:38 PM   #278
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Sorry to hear about Helka -- I really liked Thorgom.

Also..I FINALLY filled my save. Sorry it took so long.

As far as who lives & dies in the big battle, of my carry-alongs, Ishak, Adhem, and Yusef all die. Yusef will first try to kiss up to the Priestess' side, so they should have fun killing him. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Ishak and Adhem will go down fighting. At this stage, I am thinking Ahmad will probably live, but I'm still thinking about it.

[ July 30, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaid ]
Old 07-30-2003, 07:55 PM   #279
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Husam will die.

About the others, I am undecided . . . I'll see how the battle goes . . .
Old 07-31-2003, 01:45 AM   #280
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Will you be sending your envoy to the tribes soon? And if he/she is rebuffed, which he surely will be - will you attack immediately or . . .