The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Ten Year Anniversary Game: Living Thread

POST GAME EDIT: Link to Dead Thread

I'm including the rules here for the convenience of the players.

RULES

General Rules:

There will be no multi-lynches on the Living Thread or multi-vote granting from the Dead Thread. Vote ties in the Living Thread will result in no lynch and vote ties in the Dead Thread will result in no bonus vote being granted that DAY.

Voting should be done as follows: ++Kuruharan. Failure to vote three DAYS in a row will result in murder and sending the player to the Dead Thread. Participation in the Dead Thread is optional as you are already dead and I won't kill you again.

There are no retractable votes.

Living Thread:

Usual Werewolf, except roles are not revealed on death.

Dead Thread:

After there are THREE residents of the Dead Thread, every DAY the dead get to vote on giving one of the living an extra vote. The dead are subject to the same deadline (heh heh) as the living. The living will not know who among them will get an extra vote until it is revealed in the closing narration of the DAY.

Since in the Afterlife (or in the anteroom of the Afterlife) it is hard to hide one's true nature from one's fellow residents, every NIGHT after there are three residents the dead get to vote for one among themselves to determine their true nature. Their specific role will not be revealed but rather the voted player will be described as either PREDATOR or PREY.

The living may not look in the Dead Thread. The dead may continue to read the Living Thread but may no longer post there or interact with the Living in any way except through the mechanism of the Dead Thread bonus vote. The dead can read the whole Dead Thread, not just what happens after one dies. For those roles that resurrect, it is permitted for them to read the entire thread before their death and continue to read and participate in the Dead Thread until the time that I post the narration announcing their return to the Living Thread. After that post, the resurrected player may no longer read any further in the Dead Thread until such time as they return to it. For those who resurrect, they may only paraphrase but NOT directly quote or cite posts in the Dead Thread. However, the Dead may quote and cite posts from the Living Thread.

Please note: It is NOT ALLOWED for a Living Player to click on the post count link of the Dead Thread to check and see how many times Dead Thread players have posted. Obviously you will be able to see how many posts there are in total and who the last poster is, but that is all that is allowed. Do not check who has posted how many times, do not cite who has posted how many times, do not base arguments on it. You are the Living and they are the Dead and you don't know what they are up to.

I think that is pretty much it for the Rules.

Roles:

First things first - there is an undescribed role. The role has a particular power and a few particular vulnerabilities that follow from said power. That's all I'm going to say about it. Everyone (and I mean everyone) will have to keep their wits about them during the game.

The Party (also known as the Village in normal parlance...)

Ordos - ordinary players, with no special powers. Will stay in the Dead Thread after death.

Lovers - Usual lovers in the sense that they can PM each other during the game. Unusual in the fact that if one of them dies, and if the other lover remains alive in the Living Thread, the dead lover will spend one DAY cycle among the dead and then returns to the Living Thread for one DAY. When that DAY is done, the resurrected lover returns to the grave permanently. Note: Unlike the previous game, the living lover is not killed at the death of the resurrected lover but continues to play as usual until death. However, the second lover does not come back after death. The lovers may not PM with each other across the divide of death. If one dies they may only PM during the DAY when the dead lover resurrects. After that, they may only PM each other again after both are in the Dead Thread. The lovers are both on the side of the Party and win and lose with it. They are not a separate category or "side" in this game.

Ranger - Like the lovers, if killed the Ranger will spend one DAY cycle in the Dead Thread and then return to the Living Thread the next DAY. The Ranger has one protection initially. If the Ranger dies and is resurrected, the Ranger then has two protections. The Ranger can self-protect but cannot protect a person twice in a row. The Ranger cannot protect someone from being lynched, nor can the Ranger protect someone from a Hunter kill.

Seer - The Seer has two dreams while in the Living Thread and one dream while in the Dead Thread. While in the Living Thread, the Seer may only dream of players in the Living Thread. While in the Dead Thread, the Seer may only dream of players in the Dead Thread. If they are killed they remain in the Dead Thread.

Hunter - The Hunter may send me one name every DAY and NIGHT of somebody they would like to kill if they themselves are killed during that specific time period. Once they have sent me a pick they cannot change it until the next time period. They may pick the same player every single time or pick a different person every time as they wish. If they are killed they remain in the Dead Thread. EDIT: Since we've just gotten started and the Hunter role seemed so lackluster, I've made a slight change.

The Baddies (also known as the Baddies in normal parlance...) This is where things get fun!

There are two wolf packs of three each: the Grip Pack and the Fang Pack. Because of Evil's inability to get along with itself, the two packs are against each other as well as against the Party. Winning for the Baddies is defined as the number of surviving villagers being equal to the number of surviving members of the most populated pack. After consulting with the Lord High Scorekeeper, it was decided that if there are equal wolves remaining in a Baddie victory the game will be recorded as a tie, so the wolves need to worry about each other as much as the Village.

However, this little spat is impenetrable to the Party and their only goal is to get all six wolves. Additionally, should the Seer dream of a wolf, the Seer will not be able to tell which pack the wolf belongs to. The members of one pack will not know the members of the other pack.

While in the Living Thread members of the same pack can PM each other during the NIGHT. While in the Dead Thread members of the same pack can PM each other at any time. There is no communication across the bounds of death except through the mechanism of the Dead Thread bonus vote, which a wolf will probably want to try to manipulate as best as possible.

You have probably noticed a distinct trend on my part to slow up the non-NIGHT killing somewhat. This is intentional what with two NIGHT kills per cycle plus regular lynchings the Dead Thread is going to populate quickly. Everyone is going to need to be on their toes a bit for this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~ Our Tale ~~~~~~~~~~~

Tragedy had befallen the whole world. A great whiteness had befallen the world severing everyone from each other. Life as it had been known ceased to exist. All was stillness.

But lo! The powers that underlay the world woke anew and brought forth life and movement again to the world! Great was the rejoicing of all at this event!

Among those who celebrated was a mighty throng who gathered at the Halls of Kuruharan and his pet dragon Chrysophylax in the Mountains of Rhun to feast and celebrate the rejuvination of Middle earth. Many friends arrived, some who had not been seen for many a day. The feasting, fireworks, bouncy castles, party games, water balloon fights, and dragon rides for a nominal fee passed all description. After a full day of revels all collapsed exhausted into slumber.

Alas, with the reviving of the world, evil revived with it and not all the guests were what they seemed.

It is now NIGHT 1. Wolves and Lovers may PM. Wolves do not make a NIGHT kill this NIGHT. The Seer dreams some dreams.

The Living:
Formendacil
Rikae
satansaloser2005
Macalaure
Gwathagor
McCaber
Loslote
Boromir88
Aganzir
Nogrod
Nerwen
Rune Son of Bjarne
Firefoot
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Nilpaurion Felagund
Shastanis Althreduin
Legate of Amon Lanc
the phantom
Mithalwen
A Little Green
Kath

Last edited by Kuruharan; 06-17-2015 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Final Edit - Linking to Dead Thread
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:00 PM   #2
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Light filtered down from the windows hidden in the mountainside. As the guests arose, there was a palpable sense of unease in the air. Something was very wrong, but what?

They were trapped! All the doors and passages were locked and bolted from the outside. There was no escape!

The surprised inmates congregated in the main hall where they made a curious discovery. In the middle of the hall they found a guillotine next to a large urn. Beside the urn was a large stack of papers.

Taped to the guillotine was a note that read:

Scallywags, Fiends, Trespassers, Bounders!
You have violated the confines of my home
and attempted to murder me in the night!

You are now trapped in here and you will not
escape! I call upon the innocent among you
to ferret out these rascals and kill them!

I have given you the tools to do so! Once
they are dead Chrysophylax and I will emerge
from hiding and the party will resume!

The guests eyed each other with new trepidation and set about the work before them, either to save or destroy.

DAY 1 has begun. Wolves will stop PMing, Lovers may continue to do so.

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan

The Living:
Formendacil
Rikae
satansaloser2005
Macalaure
Gwathagor
McCaber
Loslote
Boromir88
Aganzir
Nogrod
Nerwen
Rune Son of Bjarne
Firefoot
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Nilpaurion Felagund
Shastanis Althreduin
Legate of Amon Lanc
the phantom
Mithalwen
A Little Green
Kath

Housekeeping note: I modified the Hunter rules slightly to allow the Hunter to send one pick per DAY and NIGHT.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:12 PM   #3
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ah, it's good to be back among old friends, even if these aren't the best of circumstances. But hopefully we'll weather this storm in the same fashion we weathered the Silent Times when the only voices heard here whispered "404". And we're here now and our voices can be heard by all.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:13 PM   #4
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up

++Nilpaurion Felagund

I'm literally sneaking away from my students to post this, so a more substantive post shall come later (and it shall be substantive, I promise.) For now, enjoy!
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #5
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ah, old friends! Or rather, those I thought were friends. Apparently I really don't know some of you half as well as I ought to, if you're going to go around murdering people in our freshly restored barrow!

Guess we've got about a 25% chance of nailing a baddie today, so good luck to us...
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:32 PM   #6
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
++Nilpaurion Felagund
Good to see nothing's out of the ordinary here at least.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:48 PM   #7
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Ah, three posters already!

So which one of you is the wolf?
Old 06-01-2015, 08:52 PM   #8
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, like I said, 1 in 4 of us is a wolf, and you make four posters, Nerwen. So you must be right, one of us must be one. Nilp clearly thinks it's himself.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:31 PM   #9
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Guess we've got about a 25% chance of nailing a baddie today, so good luck to us...
Indeed, and about a 21% chance of lynching a Gifted. Bleh.

Okay, so the tally is 18-3-3. Let's paint a couple of scenarios...

We lynch an innocent the first two days (not unlikely). At night the Wolves do not kill each other (not unlikely). So we would open day three at 12-3-3, meaning that we could successfully lynch a Werewolf FIVE times in a row and still be down to a final day scenario.
(these numbers represent the tally at the end of the stated period)
D3 12-3-2
N4 10-3-2
D4 10-3-1
N5 8-3-1
D5 8-2-1
N6 6-2-1
D6 6-1-1
N7 4-1-1
D7 4-1-0
N8 3-1-0

Thus on Day 8 there would be one Wolf among 4 villagers, and getting it wrong would equal a Baddie victory.

My point is, in such a case we are absolutely depending on one or more of the following things-
1) Ranger successfully protects someone (but NOT one WW from the opposing WW team, as has happened before )
2) Hunter kills a WW
3) WW team A kills WW team B

I think #3 is the most intriguing aspect of this contest. The Baddies definitely don't want to lose the double kill each night (see my chart above for how quickly it diminishes our population), BUT they can't allow the opposing pack to equal or outweigh them, so really I think the WWs will be just as interested in lynching accurately as the rest of us. Lynching the opposition is the way to go, because it buys goodwill and they don't have to waste night kills on offing the other pack- hunting for Gifteds instead.

(let's break this up, it's getting long)
Old 06-02-2015, 10:32 AM   #10
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*swaggers in*

Helloooo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Well then, since I have permission, I do believe I'll work on a very non-fluffy post.
The opposite of fluffy is smutty, isn't it?

I was going to do the numbers thing but the phantom beat me to it. Hardly surprising considering that I missed the first half of day 1. (I didn't play from work though! Well technically I'm still at the office, only not working anymore but waiting for Lommy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I see a small hitch here. How can we believe anyone's claim if no roles are revealed upon death? There's no way of checking a claim, so basically we could have Seers revealing left, right and centre with no one able to verify which one is telling the truth - or, at least, no one but a resurrected dead person, and even that ony about whoever the dead happen to have checked.
And how can we know if the seer has died? We may think somebody was killed for "possibly looking like the seer", but even then we won't know for sure. I wouldn't presume to advise the seer (still never having been one), but if they happen to dream of another gifted, establishing a connection (if it can be done discreetly enough not to endanger either party) might not be a bad idea at all. That way at least there'd be somebody to steer the village (discreetly or not) in the right direction at the event of the seer's death.

Quote:
Basically, we purposefully tie the vote every day and let the Dead decide who gets the bonus vote (and thus who dies). It's possible that it would be a good tactic (because the Dead will always know more than the living as they have access to the roles of the Dead). So basically we just debate which two to place on the chopping block and let the Dead call the shots. I mean, simple odds certainly say that we can trust the dead since 2/3 of them will be Wolf kills (thus unlikely to be Wolves). Plus we'll probably lynch a non-Wolf today.
Ooh I like this idea. It's obviously difficult though because no matter what we do, there will always be the end of day fuss, especially in a village this size, and we just can't prevent cross posting (except with fascistic in-game legislation and vote ordering).

I don't think false reveals are unlikely at all, and I'm willing to bet actual money that we'll see one or more during this game. It's just the kind of brilliant, tempting thing a lot of us are into (not me though, ever!). Ahem, anyway, if a wolf is desperate enough to reveal, she's desperate enough to face the ensuing chaos. Besides wolves like chaos.

I like phantom's idea of passing messages between the living and dead thread and want to think more about it later.

I also like phantom. I don't necessarily find him innocent but I like him. Hey phants I missed you.

I haven't read Legate's posts yet but I'm nominating him for the Nobel Prize for literature. Hah okay he's freaking out. Well for your information man, not all players. (I'm actually quite enjoying myself already.)

If it was possible (which it isn't), I'd like to eliminate one wolf pack at a time. That would get rid of the two night kills. But it won't be possible because wolves are too clever and know how to drive a bandwagon and prey on people's doubts. One can always wish.

Quote:
We can then tell the Dead thread, "If Lottie was evil give your bonus vote to Rikae or Nerwen, if she was innocent give it to Morm or Green, if you didn't check her give your bonus vote to someone else.
I see a couple of problems here.
  1. If the dead mess it up once, for one reason or other, we'll misinterpret vital information.
  2. Timezones. Let's say we only kill Europeans - we'll have to vote waaay earlier than you and may miss something important that only comes up later in the day.

I really like Firefoot's post #37. (Have we ever played together? If yes it must have been years and years ago - anyway hi!) I'm strongly in favour of tying the vote today. Normally I'd think it's a rubbish idea, but we learn very little from the lynches, way less than from the wolf kills. That would also save an extra slot for role-finding in the dead thread (it only starts on night 3 in any case, but we can decide whether there's 3 or 4 people to choose from).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
4) As far as victim choice - sort of a shot in the dark anyway - do we go random? Ask for volunteers (at least we don't get a gifted - but then I guess it narrows the wolves' choice for who is gifted, so maybe that's a poor strategy)? Might as well pick Nilp since he's already got a vote?

In any case, if we're doing this, I'll be happy to volunteer (oooh is she a selfless ordo? is she a bluffing gifted? is she a bluffing wolf? is she something else? we can never know) provided that it actually works and you don't lynch me by accident. I was one of the lovers in the last Mandos game and died early thanks to my beloved Lúthien getting killed on Night 2 (blows a kiss at Shasta), and while the Dead Thread is a fun place to be, I'm not going there alone. So TL;DR, vote for me all you like, but if you mess it up, it had better not be me or there will be actual consequences (such as every person who votes for you later having a double vote).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Well, strategy-maker, I think tying our votes could be useful to attempt to coordinate and leave it in the hands of the Dead who should know more. But to do so today would mean we wouldn't get an active Dead thread until NIGHT 3. It takes 3 Dead to start it, and to have no lynch today would set the Dead thread back 1/2 day.
Well. They start talking as soon as they land there. But see what I just said - they won't start voting on identity reveals until the first night there's 3 of them, and if we lynch somebody today there'll be 4 not 3 people at the first opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Anyone remember how nobody believed Nogrod was the seer all game last time?
Makes me chuckle. He persistently kept dreaming in the Dead Thread though, only for us to vote to find out his target's "true role" later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Ah, now we come to the other problem: this plan seems to me virtually to ensure that we occupy two or three days with organising pseudo-lynches of randomly-chosen players, instead of, you know, trying to find wolves.
I'd do it as a one-off thing. There's no sense in continuing it for longer, but today it's as good a plan as any and better than most.

Quote:
I mean really- we're not going to attempt something useful because we're afraid our own side will suck too much to pull it off? No, no, I'm not okay with that.
This. Thanks phants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Especially since we as a village have (as I believe Mac said) a 25% chance of catching a wolf, whereas the Night kills have a 15% chance. I'd also like to add that we as a village have a further 21% (5/24) chance of accidentally killing a Gifted, where the Night kills have a 25% (5/20 - assuming we do not ourselves lynch a Gifted toDay) chance of purposefully killing a Gifted. It's much much riskier to trust the wolf killing to the wolves, since they are far more likely to kill a Gifted than a wolf, whereas we are slightly more likely to kill a wolf than a Gifted.
Well, if we lynch an innocent today, the wolves' chance of killing a gifted increases as well. In the end it comes down to whether we want slightly better odds for not killing gifteds, or deaths that give us more information (because what we learn from the unknown day 1 lynch doesn't amount to much in the end).
Old 06-02-2015, 10:42 AM   #11
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Let's say we only kill Europeans
Agan, what are you suggesting here .

Actually and more seriously, now that I'm caught up I have noticed something off in somebody's posting. I want to hold on to that name for now to continue to watch her/him. It's just a gut feeling on it, something that feels off, but I've learned to trust those. I'll continue to monitor and let you know a bit later.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:51 AM   #12
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Agan, what are you suggesting here .
"We" obviously as in "us villagers", not as in "me and my wolf pack", duh!

Anyway I need to go, will be back later to vote but don't expect massive contributions from me tonight.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:00 AM   #13
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It is dull, formulaic atd lacks room for inspiration, instinct and idiosyncrasy. It insults my soul. You might as well dispense with people and run it through a computer simulation. I am not a number.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:11 AM   #14
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
I also like phantom. I don't necessarily find him innocent but I like him. Hey phants I missed you.
Right back at you, my lion.
And we both know you like me because you don't find me innocent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Normally I'd think it's a rubbish idea, but we learn very little from the lynches, way less than from the wolf kills.
Yeah. Innocents will be trying to lynch WWs. WWs will be trying to lynch WWs. I'm thinking the Day 1 vote might be very useless. But I doubt we can talk enough folks into forging a tie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
now that I'm caught up I have noticed something off in somebody's posting. I want to hold on to that name for now to continue to watch her/him
Ha ha, that's just the worst.

I'm in the same boat- I'm sure I see something here or there but what on earth does it mean? It could easily be Gifted vibes I'm getting. That's why (I've mentioned this in other games) that I often try and lynch an Ordo on Day 1 because the game hasn't been going long enough to begin differentiating Gifted/WW vibes.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:27 AM   #15
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager #22
It is dull, formulaic atd lacks room for inspiration, instinct and idiosyncrasy. It insults my soul. You might as well dispense with people and run it through a computer simulation. I am not a number.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our collective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green
Nog you're killing me!
He can't do that now, silly. It's day.

(And yes, isn't cross-posting exciting!)
Old 06-02-2015, 10:54 AM   #16
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I feel like my head is exploding already. I'll be around later to properly think about the rules and write something longer. For now

- I'm never in favour of intentionally abstaining from a lynch; do I really have to remind anyone we only win this game by killing six wolves with two night kills so we better start sooner than later or they'll butcher us in no time at all

(- ...don't I hate those games where the village has less than 50% chance of winning because there are extra baddie parties around... I'm trying to control my pessimism atm but it's hard!)

- whenever talking about communicating with the dead we should keep in mind that how are we going to know if the dead will follow our instructions? and whose instructions if we living have differing opinions? I see a lot of pitfalls here

I'll be back later.

edit: xed with Agan - ...WHAT???? I smell Freud... but whatever I'll look at it when I'm back
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:15 PM   #17
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Dear dead thread,

the most conclusive communication scheme today was the one suggested by Firefoot. We'll be keeping that in mind.

Dear fellow living,

if anyone has a better idea, please talk about it now. Or support it. Anything.

ToDay is safe for experiments as everyone's voting for Lottie.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:21 PM   #18
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorrry dozed off again just remembered haven't voted which isn't important in itself but may confound the dear departed.

Oh good grief Kath really most bizarre... and that is from me.

++Loslote

Old 06-08-2015, 02:49 PM   #19
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I am on a residential trip with no wifi access and limited signal!

Therefore I am simply going to vote. I will not be around for Nerwen to explain what she knows, so I am going take her list at face value and vote for the person at the top.

++Formendacil[/QUOTE]

My sincere apologies for non attendance. Bad timing.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:07 PM   #20
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Morm, I'm simply wondering out loud about the status of the Ranger last night and if we could learn anything certain from such info. If we can indeed pin the Lalaith-kill on Boro, which seems very reasonable at the moment, then it would be lovely to know if one of the packs has been eliminated.

But I don't see any sure way to get that info today.

In any case, are we going to arrange something similar to what happened yesterday, so we can get some info from the Dead?

For what it's worth, I'm also much concerned by Formendacil, so I approve of Kath's vote - random though it may have been.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:20 PM   #21
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I'm totally unsuited to such schemes, but:

So, the Dead will have found out about either: Phantom, Nogrod, Rune, Legate or Rikae. Not Mac and not Agan as that would be wasteful; hopefully not Phantom as we seem to know about him already, but the Dead were not to know that this info was forthcoming.

So that's 10 options to spread around 12 voting villagers. No problem. We even have two more spaces for wacky possibilities, like: empower X if you know Kuru is still alive and planning something devilish.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:02 PM   #22
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Starting a vote tally, because it's getting to be bedtime and I don't want to just throw away my vote.

Kath -> Formendacil
Thinlómien -> McCaber
Eomer -> Nilp

And, uh, that's it...

None of these options look great to me. Nilp is raising my suspicions, but the thrashings of a wolf accruing lynch votes look a lot like an Ordo trying to stave off village defeat. McCaber raises my suspicions by his quietness, but every WW game ever has a lurker who turns out to be innocent.

I still like Eomer, but there's no point turning this into a FOUR-way race.

X-ed since Eomer's vote. Nilp is now up by one.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:10 PM   #23
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots A revelation.

Oh, I forgot one way to stave off accusations in this village.

I could reveal myself as a Gifted. No one would know, except the Gifted themselves. And if that Gifted is already Dead (and you wouldn't know that), then I could have you dancing in the palm of my hands. And even if they're alive, they'd have to reveal themselves to refute me, exposing them to all sorts of NIGHT problems.

...But no, I'm not doing that.

Hope you're still alive, real Gifted people. This one's for you.

++Nilpaurion Felagund
Old 06-08-2015, 07:11 PM   #24
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

If you trust our two reveals (Boro doesn't seem to be around) then don't vote me or McCaber. Lommy voted McCaber but obviously before Sally got here.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:16 PM   #25
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I mean, of the options that are currently available, I guess I find Nilp the most....ridiculous, basically?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:22 PM   #26
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Despite Lottie's talk about Firefoot, it's still the most reasonable idea under the circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Dear dead thread,

the most conclusive communication scheme today was the one suggested by Firefoot. We'll be keeping that in mind.

Dear fellow living,

Old 06-06-2015, 07:24 PM   #27
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Dear dead thread,

Dear fellow living,

I concur. Firefoot's post can be found here.

x'd with Morm
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:27 PM   #28
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
If that's the case, why doesn't your mates just kill her, or don't you feel like being THAT helpful?.
Well, they can, if they so chose. But considering I hadn't had the chance to tell them in private, I decided that if I was going down, I was going to drag whoever of the other pack I could down with me. I don't really care if my packmates kill her or if you lot do, just so long as she dies.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:32 PM   #29
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

That's the spirit Loslote

Old 06-06-2015, 07:35 PM   #30
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
That's the spirit Loslote
I prefer The Dread Spirit Loslote, or Loslote the Fearsome Spirit, and anyway I'm not either for another half an hour.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:37 PM   #31
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

++The Fanged Firefoot
Old 06-08-2015, 07:57 PM   #32
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Boots Really must improve: literacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules View Post
Winning for the Baddies is defined as the number of surviving villagers being equal to the number of surviving members of the most populated pack.
Apparently, my worst-case scenario is a product of my illiterate (and innumerate) imagination.

I feel much better about this.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:00 PM   #33
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

White-Hand Deadline, stop posting please

Narration to follow.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:18 PM   #34
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Question

The debate this DAY was a bit slower, more delibrative than previous.

The inmates took plenty of time for hearty meals and pauses for thought.

Certainly today would see a solid, well-thought result. I mean, this would be the last sort of DAY when one of the inmates might suddenly jump up, throw himself on the guillotine, and pull the lever.

Wouldn't it be..?

At least the scratching continued.

Nice to have stability, after all.

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
A Little Green
Macalaure
Rikae
Legate of Amon Lanc
Loslote
Firefoot
Lalaith
Nilpaurion Felagund

The Living:
Formendacil
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Boromir88
Nerwen
Thinlómien
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath

Illusion:
Gwathagor
(Ordo)
Old 06-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #35
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots Day 5

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I'm starting DAY 5 early (all NIGHT folks reported in, don't worry, I'm not skipping anyone).

It was a sedate NIGHT.

The sun returned to herald the return of DAY rather early but with it came breakfast and other than the earliness nothing seemed to be amiss...except for a faint but pervasive red mist that seemed to hang over everything.

With no new corpses to discover everyone ate with renewed appitite and for a time believed they had finally overcome their situation.

But then they realized that Kuru had not come back and he had promised to do so.

Then they realized that Nerwen was missing. They hunted for her high and low, but there was no sign of her.

The red mist was becoming quite distracting and the inmates were becoming damp with it.

They set to the DAY's task to the continued sound of scratching.

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
A Little Green
Macalaure
Rikae
Legate of Amon Lanc
Loslote
Firefoot
Lalaith
Nilpaurion Felagund
Nerwen

The Living:
Formendacil
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Boromir88
Thinlómien
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath

Illusion:
Gwathagor
(Ordo)
Old 06-09-2015, 07:33 PM   #36
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well no extra vote yesterday presumably because it wasn't exactly clear what we wanted. Can only assume that they had more sense and decided no information was better than misinformation.

Maybe it would be an idea to get that sorted early today. Ideally so that those east of the Sea aren't in the "you didn't get up this morning because you didn't go to bed, you were watching the whites of you eyes turn red" type situation. On which subject.. I did try to stay awake to the end of yesterday but woke five minutes past deadline gazing at a lit bulb and clutching the flaptop... not my finest hour.

Hopefully the single kill means one pack has been eliminated and Nerwen can be trusted.. not that I didn't before but.... not only option though. Especiallly since there isn't a body so maybe not a proper kill... or a sign that She will be back

And now I shall probably catch up on sleep, since Kuru has been kind.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:07 AM   #37
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Nope I didn't kill anyone last night.

I was considering Form because of his previous days posting, which got really creepy, really quickly. But I'm trying to exercise a little bit of restraint and caution. I'm completely off today so I can dedicate some additional effort to lynching wolves during the day as well.

We need to find out what the dead know. Can anyone think of a reason the Dead would not have checked Lalaith last night?

And again I'm going to assume the Ranger is still alive. In which case I will say again don't protect me. I may, or may not still have some more to take down before I'm gone. Feels good knowing I at least got one.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:51 AM   #38
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Boro, you've still not indicated your allegiance. Is it to yourself or the village? Dumb question, I know, because you can simply tell us the village and we have no way of verifying. I commend you for your kill of Macwolf; however I'm still uncertain of Lalwolf and you never indicated what you felt suspicious about her.

Additionally, I've been thinking about Kath and there are two major concerns that are brought to my mind. First, she could be a wolf who is hiding by posting minimally. A viable strategy to be sure and she has been somewhat immune to any major suspicion up to this point. It's also a strategy that helps ensure you don't get to be a target of a seer dream. Second, if she is innocent, she becomes a liability the further we go. We will need all villagers to be present and up to speed on what's going on. Overall, this is a concern we need addressed.

Boromir, to your question about Lal being a target for the dead, it would seem probable. A situation like that should be easy enough to orchestrate.

Something like this:

If Lalaith is a wolf give your vote to:
Form
Sally
McCaber

If she's not, give the vote to:
Boromir88
Thinlómien
Eomer

If you don't know give your vote to:
mormegil
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath

Thoughts? Approval?
Old 06-10-2015, 07:17 AM   #39
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Not sure that Lalaith is the most useful information at this point. If Nerwen were the Seer she may have had her dreams before she died. Wouldn't it be more useful to contrive something to find out something out abput the living since we must be nearing a very delicate stage.

Personally speaking, while it would make days easier to be a proven innocent such identification post lynch vote might be counterproductive in that it pins a nice target for the wolves. So maybe only ask them to identify a known wolf.. obviously not by giving them the bonus vote but with either prearranged "pairs" or other system?

Old 06-10-2015, 03:53 PM   #40
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
++morm[/QUOTE]

I have to go pass out now. morm's focus on the lack of specific wording by Nerwen felt forced, and he's on the unknown list. If you want to aim for a tie, feel free to add my name in to the mix. As I said, as long as we can afford the numbers my death won't lose the village anything in terms of roles if the tie doesn't work out.