The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-01-2004, 03:22 PM   #41
Amrod the Hunter
Haunting Spirit

Amrod the Hunter has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Amrod the Hunter
Pipe

Dragons-you only get to know something of how they look and that they are cruel.In LoTR there is no dragons.Was Sauron that poor or could he bouught a little,cute... flame-throwing dragon!Hahaha
Others are werevolves-really.Werevolves are mentioned really rare-who created them?How many were they?
ANd you have many more creaatures,but I can't remember,so move on!Next!
Amrod the Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 06:02 PM   #42
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Robin Smallburrows - he sounds so sweet from what he says to Sam, he doesn't mean no harm, he just always wanted to be a shirriff.

Fatty Bolger lead a rebellion against the ruffians and was then nearly starved to death and all we hear is how he commented on Pippin's height. Though he did get a little more attention before the quest.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:51 PM   #43
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

Forlong as well, Lord of Lossarnach.

The man brought in 200 tall men from the mountains (the people expected more), however, they still cheered as he entered the city.
Quote:
Forlong the Fat! Forlong the Brave! Forlong the Old!
Old 12-07-2004, 01:09 PM   #44
Iris Alantiel
Haunting Spirit

Iris Alantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Or are we just being stupid? Tolkien was a great writer, yes, but even he couldn't some up with wonderful, in-depth backgrounds for every character.
Given enough time, Lachwen, I'm sure he would have done just that.

As for overlooked characters, I'm with Imladris. Nobody thinks of Legolas as an overlooked character anymore because of all the fangirl attention he's gotten, but really, I always wondered about him. He's the member of the Fellowship we get to know the least. What was he doing there, how did he get there, and where had he come from before?

Also, I think Rosie Cotton is completely overlooked. Sure, her life doesn't really seem to have the drama of an Eowyn or a Galadriel (or even an Arwen) but I still want to know about her. What was so wonderful about this hobbit-lass that captured Sam Gamgee's heart so completely? Even after all he had seen and done, he returned as in love with her as he'd been when he left - so she must have been something special. Yet we only ever get to know her peripherally, in relation to Sam. So what was her story?
Iris Alantiel is offline   Reply With Quote