The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2003, 03:27 PM   #81
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Sting

Quote:
Haven't you ever laughed so hard you snorted cider out your nose Helka? Sorry to gross you out...
HAHAHA I always get sorted out. And no, I never have that. I only drink lots and lots of milk so that gets popped out once and a while. Really discusting when you have milk coming from your nose, spraying over the coffetable and falling on your friend. You can't believe the hilerious sight, which is a guy covered with boggers and nostral milk hahahahaha.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 03:32 PM   #82
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Cuthalion
Sting

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, perhaps Archer should re-think her date for the party.....
Cuthalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 03:35 PM   #83
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

It's not like I do it on purpouse, and sertenly will I not sprout milk in the precence of a beautifull lady like Archer. It's like jackass: Weird sh*t you do with friends, but don't tell your girl about. Know what I mean?

*looks arround*

Aman is not on this tread is she?
Old 04-27-2003, 03:38 PM   #84
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Sting

Ya never know...make her proud, dude! It's never wise to embarrass a lady!
Old 04-27-2003, 03:43 PM   #85
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I can behave myself for a few nighs. And Aman is definetly worth while don't you think?
Old 04-27-2003, 04:00 PM   #86
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Sting

Most definitely...lucky dude! Though not as lucky as I! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ April 27, 2003: Message edited by: Cuthalion ]
Old 04-27-2003, 04:02 PM   #87
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have to add a certain fondness for Potatothan. Pity I didn't make him up!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 04:05 PM   #88
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Sting

I will never forget starting here last June in "The Whistling Fairy" as Elendur. Maika's Allegra and Vanima, Elenna, Ransom...they all welcomed the "newbie" very warmly.
Old 04-27-2003, 04:08 PM   #89
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
I have to add a certain fondness for Potatothan. Pity I didn't make him up!
LOL lyra, wait until my Fanfic is done. You will love him.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:09 PM   #90
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

I hate when I squirt milk out of my nose! My brother tries hard to make me laugh while I'm drinking. Have you ever tried to pass soda through your nose? (unintentionally)OUCH!

Uh. Right.

Patatothen? I have to see about him...I have to see this fanfic. Helka entirely responsible for a storyline. Scary. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I have to say I like Bregand played by X Phial in the Truth in a Dark Place RPG. He'll get along with Tareth I hope...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 07:16 PM   #91
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks Durelin...I think Tarath is interesting too, maybe the two will find some common ground since they are both out and about in the world for the first time. I'm afraid I don't know much about other specific characters...just those things I have skimmed.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:15 AM   #92
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
Helka entirely responsible for a storyline. Scary.
It took me some time too you know. But it is turning out okay. The big battle is almost done so expect it in about a week. (If I can find a place to publish it ocaurse. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])
Old 04-29-2003, 12:22 PM   #93
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Well I definitely want to see it, so if you can't find somewhere and I provide my email ad, will you send it to me???
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 04-29-2003, 04:04 PM   #94
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Look down in my sig Lyra, it is already done and published. Read it if you wish. It is quite a story. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:56 PM   #95
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

*bump* Man! I'm sick of looking at Helka's post here.

Turthol in Truth in a Dark Place is really cool! I like how he's turning out. ...'dark' He's an interesting character. A disturbed past with every purchase...
Old 05-16-2003, 12:35 PM   #96
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Tone? There's a tone? ... Where?
Old 05-16-2003, 01:55 PM   #97
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

For some reason, I never perused this thread until now. I see that a couple of my characters have been mentioned, most astonishingly by people reading the RPGs rather than having played in them (Sophia, if you want to really use up some time, check out the original Star RPG threads).

I've never been able to consider "Mithadan" a character because he actually started out as me in a party thread. Two months later, when the RPG that developed turned into a real plotted game I sat down and wrote a background for him that explained his personality in Middle Earth terms. But because he evolved, rather than having been created, I can't say he's my favorite.

I'm very fond of Gravlox from The Revenge of the Entish Bow, because he started out as a foil for the main characters and ended up as a significant part of the plot. Too bad he's dead.

I liked Nardol from Castle Maladil in the beginning. He was an Elf with a dark past who hated himself and everyone else, but especially Men. However, I made the mistake of letting him be "healed" and he lost his depth and his direction as a result. I may recreate him sometime.

An outstanding character, actually a shared NPC (non-player character), was Angara the dragon from The Lonely Star. Each of us contributed something to her and her development and depth was astonishing.

All of the Star and Entish Bow characters were fun and interesting. Varda and Aylwen's characters from Maladil were also great. Outside of RPGs I've been in, and I confess that I've read fewer than I should, I really like Melost, Arthain and Anwanelme from the Brotherhood RPG in Rohan. If you follow one RPG other than your own, keep an eye on Brotherhood!
Old 05-16-2003, 02:10 PM   #98
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Like Sophia said, Silmarien, come and talk to us we don't bite... too hard, at least. Butt so far I like my evil character Gaeriel, she's in the In the Footseps of the Gray Company. I like my charcater in teh Green Dragon, but I am still working on her. Well, i am still working on Gaeriel too. I find it more fun telling the thaughts behind the maddness.

I also like Morwen and Nahi, and Aman. They tend to be more interesting than just ho him the horse maiden of the shire, type stuff. I hope Annalaliath can get there some day. PS I like my haircut.( you would not get that unless you've been in the Green Dragon.)

[ May 16, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 07-20-2003, 03:22 PM   #99
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

This thread needs to be brought back to attention. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] RPGers love attention and praise right?

I like characters who bring an element of humour to the RPG. My favorite character ever was The X Phial's Bregand. He was fantastic even though he gave Wren a circus tent during my absense... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

In one of my more recent RPGs, Corsairs and Corsets, I like Sophia's Siriel and Tiriel and really enjoy Elora's Ruiel--who is my character's mum.

Of the characters I've played I most enjoyed Wren from Truth in a Dark Place and Durvagor from The Summons. Both had a commical side to them that competed with the morbid side of the RPGs especially present in The Summons.

-Maikafanawen
Old 07-20-2003, 06:39 PM   #100
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

I have to hand out kudos to the following people:

Gelion- for her portrayal of the angsty teenage cat, Huine, in A House Divided.

Pio- for Jamilah in Dark Seduction.

Ealasaid- for Old Bill Cummerbund and his sword in Sailing Away.

Squatter- for Earnur Etceteron. Regardless of the opinions of certain Gormlessar fanciers. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Of my own characters, my runaway favorite is Iswyn, who is employed at the White Horse.

Sophia

[ July 20, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 07:37 PM   #101
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Silmaril

Praise too:

Saucepan Man: in the party as himself. He was great.

Oraul: Every charecter of yours I've seen has been great.

Varda and Arien: You guys were great in sailing away.

Annun : I loved your post in th Hunt for a Dragon. They were so discriptive and long.

Cami- You were a great mod in Hunt for Dragon. I had so much fun and I enjoyes all your post and charecters. Keep up the ggod work.

Everyone else: You are all great RPGers but I have a feaaling this post is already to long so I just want to say if your not on here, you still are great RPGers. And for everyone in Corasirs and Corsets much praise for you for taking on a very big RPG. You make it great.

Of my characters I like Earwen (Party), Eleniel(Corsairs), Rowan (Hunt for Dragon), and Penny (Sailing away).

[ July 20, 2003: Message edited by: elven maiden Earwen ]
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 07:47 PM   #102
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Sometimes you love characters because they start out strong and bowl you over. But sometimes you see characters grow and change in an RPG, just as people themselves evolve in real life. And that kind of growth can be exciting to watch.

With that thought in mind, I'd like to give kudos to all those who stayed the course in Hunt for the Dragon: Elentari, Eruwen, Elven Maid Earwen, Orofaniel, Novnarwen....

And especially Annunfuiniel whose portrayal of three dwarves (Vráin, Gráin, and Farin) was quite amazing: one of the best depictions of family bonds and budding attachments between male and female dwarves that I've ever seen.

Annunfuiniel, I hope to see those dwarves popping up in other RPGs.

And Elven Maid....we just cross posted! Thanks for your kind words.

Cami

[ July 20, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 07-20-2003, 11:00 PM   #103
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

It's amazing that I haven't read this thread before now, but it's fun to see what people think about the different characters.

Quote:
Outside of RPGs I've been in, and I confess that I've read fewer than I should, I really like Melost, Arthain and Anwanelme from the Brotherhood RPG in Rohan. If you follow one RPG other than your own, keep an eye on Brotherhood!
Thank you, Mith! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I see that comment was made back in May, so that may explain why you like Anwanelme. Since everyone now seems to truly hate her as if she is Sauron himself. I wonder why... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2003, 11:12 AM   #104
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Elven maiden Earwen and Cami - many, many thanks! But most part of the credit goes to you and other Hunters; it truly was a group effort and we made it through! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I really loved playing the Dwarf bros. and (later) Farin (+Selvren). Vráin and Gráin were easy to write as they had, and still have, real life 'models' in my own siblings. I'd love to play them in the future too!

So now, for the favorite roleplaying characters that others have played...

-The above mentioned Hunt for the Dragon cast: all were great and became even better during the game. But Cami, without you we would have been lost, literally too!

-RoEB crew; the former and the present: no words of praise are enough so I won't even try...

-In the Shadow of the Star: again all, but especially Pio and Cami have made that game one wonderful reading experience. Thank you! But the tears that shall be shed in the end... *snif*

~Annun
Old 07-21-2003, 11:30 AM   #105
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I absolutely loved all the characters in Escape From Nurn, especially Envinyatar's, Mattius's, Arien's, and Aman's. That was one of the really good RPGs I got to read, and I enjoyed it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Of my own RPG characters, I can't really say anything good. I enjoyed writing for Herevion in The Summons, but he came out a bit... corny, (though many thanks to Ibai for helping me edit him), and I sort of liked Cersed in Footsteps of the Grey Company, but I think he was too evil to be interesting.

Swan song,
~Menelien
Old 07-21-2003, 01:04 PM   #106
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Quote:
Pio- for Jamilah in Dark Seduction
(And Qirfah and Qamar! I have a soft spot for them. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )
I have to second that. It's breathtaking and inspiring to read Pio's posts! But also, I think all the characters from Dark Sed. are excellent- Jasara (Aylwen), Khasia (Sophia), Ahmad et al (Ealasaid), Sevora (Durelin), Dristi (Arien), Thorgom (Helka), Ghurdan and Zasfal (Nerindel), Falia (Tinuviel). It's a great RPG to be a part of. Thanks!

[ July 21, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-21-2003, 02:35 PM   #107
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Thanks for the compliments - I honestly got a shock seeing my name once in this thread, let alone twice.

I love all the characters in Entish Bow - I've yet to read all of that, but from what I've read, they're all great!

And I agree - Elora's character in Corsairs and Corsets, Ruiel, is great, and Elora's writing makes her even better.

Everyone in Sailing Away had really good characters too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2003, 04:36 PM   #108
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I like some of Sopheia's characters. especialy Rysha from the In the footsteps of the grey company.... But latly as Gairiel is no more and the new character Gwen...........
Old 07-22-2003, 11:06 AM   #109
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks, Sophia! It's good to know someone appreciated Old Bill & his sword (Sailing Away). [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I have to agree with both you & Lyra that Pio's writing in Dark Seduction has been **AMAZING** Jamilah is probably my favorite character in any RPG that I have read so far.

As far as my favorite character that I have written... hmmm.. I haven't done that many yet. At the moment, I would have to say Kaldir in the Green Dragon, although I am awfully fond of Benia (Green Dragon) and Ahmad (Dark Seduction) as well.

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaid ]
Ealasaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 11:31 AM   #110
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I only have two characters at the moment (soon to be three) but out of them my favourite is Meirelle, in the Corsairs and Corsets RPG. She reflects myself, what with her klutzyness and humour. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 11:39 AM   #111
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Thanks for the compliments, ladies, on Jamílah.

She is a very interesting character to write - one of those that I 'see' clearly in my mind. She directs the posts, in a manner of speaking.

Having said that - better get out your hankies for the end of the game!

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 07-22-2003, 01:52 PM   #112
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

Oh, first time I post here...

Okey first of all I think it was a really cool RPG, Hunt for The Dragon. The twin brothers made it funny and also, it was a different touch to the whole thing. Of course, I would like to say that all did a great job in that RPG. I read it in Elvenhome and was stunned.

Annun: I think the twins were great!

I would also say that, Corsairs has a lot of different and exciting characters.

Yeah, that was about it..

*Nova*

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]
Old 07-22-2003, 04:34 PM   #113
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Sting

What can I say? "Re-unification of the Entish Bow" is incredible and, since I am no stranger to the inner workings of the hospital setting, Mithadan's character had me rolling! The puns are worthy of Piers Anthony at his most annoying! Praise them with great praise!
Old 07-23-2003, 11:05 AM   #114
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

I will join the chorus and give praise to Elora for her writing the character of Lady Ruiel in the RP Corsairs & Corsets! I am not ashamed to say I pointed the role out to her when it was going unfilled in the planning/discussion phase, and now I find myself and my abbreviated and time-constrained attempts at writing the character of Ränne (Lady Ruiel's maid) to be outmatched & outclassed by her fine writing style.

Other characters I have enjoyed here are Kaldir & Benia, Elasaid's fine characters whom one of my characters met at the Green Dragon.

As for mine? Well, I wish I had the time I once had to write RP, as I would do a MUCH BETTER job in writing Ränne. My favorite of my creations is the Ranger Hanasían, who was one of the thirty Dúnedain who rode south to meet Aragorn. I also have developed from a previous RP a couple years ago on another site his parents, Halasían & Forcwyn.

Well, work calls, which makes it difficult to get the thought processes turning to write quality posts in RP. Hope to get back into writing soon.

Namarie,
Snowdog
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 12:05 PM   #115
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I am giving Annalaliath a rest. The new one Gwen is a refelction of the meaner side of me, and she seems to have less freinds than I do. The story of Ross, her cousin and freind is more true than I would like.
Old 07-26-2003, 11:47 AM   #116
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe

I would like to add that Gilly in the Green Dragon is a great writer who picks up on the details of other people's writing.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 11:05 AM   #117
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gilly and I thank you Mr. Snowdog/Silvanis/Hanasian sahib.

I have enjoyed reading about quite a few of the characters at the Green Dragon and only wish I had the time to keep up with the RPG's!
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 01:30 AM   #118
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

I would like to mention Frea and Brytta, in Flight from Rohan. Dain and Himaran do an amazing job with those two.

I also happen to like Morlathion in the Green Dragon, mostly because RoA_Gil-Galad comes up with some pretty fun stuff for the very clumsy Morlathion to do.
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 02:49 PM   #119
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elena Elena Elena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lyra dear I can´t believe I´ve ignored you in this thread......Elena rox! I never thought it would be this fun to play a secondary character...thanks for everything.

Also the entire Corsairs&Corsets crew(basically): Dreya, Pelien, Emilia, Vern, Ruiel (played by Maikafenwen, Alak, Lyra, Durelin and Elora) etc etc etc
Old 08-10-2003, 01:42 AM   #120
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Id have to say everyone involved in Truth in a Dark Place RPG that was by far a gem. And the people in it were amazing...

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote